PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ESPN predict Chiefs will win AFC W, take 2nd in AFC

Couch-Potato
05-11-2016, 08:37 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/15495095/football-outsiders-early-2016-afc-projections-nfl

AFC West

1. Kansas City Chiefs: 12-4 (11.6 mean wins; SOS: 29)
2. San Diego Chargers: 8-8 (8.4 mean wins; SOS: 31)
3. Denver Broncos: 7-9 (7.1 mean wins; SOS: 13)
4. Oakland Raiders: 6-10 (6.4 mean wins; SOS: 14)

The AFC West has our most controversial projections for 2016, none more so than saying the defending champion Broncos are more likely to have a losing record than a winning record in 2016...
Replacing the Broncos as the likely AFC West standard bearers are the Chiefs. This is only a surprise if you don't realize just how good the Chiefs were last year when they finished the season with 10 straight wins. Even incorporating their 1-5 start, the Chiefs ended up with a higher overall DVOA (fifth) than the Broncos (eighth). One big question here will be the health of pass-rusher Justin Houston. We don't know if he'll be ready by September or miss the whole year; for this projection, we assumed he would miss half the season. But while the Chiefs are definitely not as strong on defense without Houston, they won the last five games in that 10-game streak with Houston stuck on the sidelines...

Full AFC projected playoff standings

Here's what the 2016 AFC playoff picture would look like according to our early projections.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)
2. Kansas City Chiefs (12-4)
3. New England Patriots (10-6)
4. Houston Texans (8-8)
5. Cincinnati Bengals* (10-6)
6. Baltimore Ravens* (10-6)
7. Buffalo Bills (9-7)
8. San Diego Chargers (8-8)
9. Jacksonville Jaguars (7-9)
10. Denver Broncos (7-9)
11. Indianapolis Colts (7-9)
12. Tennessee Titans(7-9)
13. Oakland Raiders (6-10)
14. New York Jets (6-10)
15. Miami Dolphins (5-11)
16. Cleveland Browns (4-12)

jd1020
05-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Next year is this year!

Chief Northman
05-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Great, the kiss of death.

FU ESPN

Sofa King
05-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Too high on san d and too low on oakland.

Perineum Ripper
05-11-2016, 08:46 AM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/steven-universe/images/e/e0/Say_Uncle_Animation_Ship_Sinking.GIF/revision/latest?cb=20150403142932

ThaVirus
05-11-2016, 08:47 AM
This is our year!!!!!1!!

mcaj22
05-11-2016, 08:49 AM
i actually think they nailed it. SD is going to be better than people think and Oakland is going to be way shittier than they are being praised for winning the offseason

dj56dt58
05-11-2016, 08:54 AM
The guys on ESPN yesterday listed their superbowl contenders..both had the Texans and Broncos, one had the raiders. No Chiefs

MahiMike
05-11-2016, 08:57 AM
i actually think they nailed it. SD is going to be better than people think and Oakland is going to be way shittier than they are being praised for winning the offseason

Really?

MahiMike
05-11-2016, 08:58 AM
This is the correct order;

Chiefs
Raiders
Broncos
Chargers

BlackHelicopters
05-11-2016, 09:08 AM
ESPN ? I'm excited.

lawrenceRaider
05-11-2016, 09:11 AM
The guys on ESPN yesterday listed their superbowl contenders..both had the Texans and Broncos, one had the raiders. No Chiefs

I'm pretty bullish on the Raiders winning 9 or 10 games this year, but superbowl contenders? Come on man. Literally everything would have to work out perfectly for that to happen.

Amnorix
05-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Bizarre. In ESPN's power rankings, which came out yesterday, compiled by their NFL "experts" they had the Patriots at #1. Chiefs were 10th, if anyone cares. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15493927/nfl-power-rankings-new-england-patriots-carolina-panthers-top-green-bay-packers-behind

But here they say 10-6?

If healthy, the Patriots will definitely do better than 10-6, even assuming a Brady suspension.

Meh, whatever. Offseason projections are pretty damn worthless.

jd1020
05-11-2016, 09:20 AM
Bizarre. In ESPN's power rankings, which came out yesterday, compiled by their NFL "experts" they had the Patriots at #1. Chiefs were 10th, if anyone cares. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15493927/nfl-power-rankings-new-england-patriots-carolina-panthers-top-green-bay-packers-behind

But here they say 10-6?

If healthy, the Patriots will definitely do better than 10-6, even assuming a Brady suspension.

Meh, whatever. Offseason projections are pretty damn worthless.

http://i.imgur.com/RFSgkaw.gif

ThaVirus
05-11-2016, 10:00 AM

Wellll, Dane told me that the Chargers aren't improved soooooo you're WRONG.

ct
05-11-2016, 10:07 AM
this is why they all got fired

DaneMcCloud
05-11-2016, 10:40 AM
Wellll, Dane told me that the Chargers aren't improved soooooo you're WRONG.

San Diego is a shit franchise. Their owners suck, the team is limbo and doesn't know where they'll be in 2017 until after the polls in November, the GM is garbage and Mike McCoy's best year was his first.

This team isn't the Raiders. The Raiders players, front office and families have dealt with the idea of moving for years. You've got Rivers saying he'll never play in Los Angeles, they dumped their defensive leader in Eric Weddle, just after the GM and owners treated him like shit in front of the entire organization.

They are not a good football team at this point in time.

DaneMcCloud
05-11-2016, 10:41 AM
12-4 is the floor

ModSocks
05-11-2016, 10:42 AM
I don't think they're taking the Raiders seriously enough. That Raiders D looks legit.

ThaVirus
05-11-2016, 10:43 AM
12-4 is the floor

Damn, bro. The floor?!?

An optimist would say that's optimistic.

eDave
05-11-2016, 10:45 AM
No one knows shit right now. E.g. Ben goes down, Steelers go down.

Clickbait

Kman34
05-11-2016, 10:49 AM
The Colts at 7-9 seems a little off to me...

ThaVirus
05-11-2016, 10:53 AM
The Colts at 7-9 seems a little off to me...

They suck and Andrew Luck is overrated

vailpass
05-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Alright you guys we are THIS close to having to close up shop if we don't get more readership and pronto! Now write something that people will talk about or I will find someone that can!/ESPN Editor

Kman34
05-11-2016, 10:59 AM
They suck and Andrew Luck is overrated

I think him being injured had something to do with the suck....

vailpass
05-11-2016, 11:07 AM

And his brain-dead front office giving him absolute dog shit for an Oline every single year.

TLO
05-11-2016, 11:12 AM
TRUMP

O.city
05-11-2016, 11:13 AM
Raiders will be better than that, unless carr falls apart.

I think they'll win 10

DaneMcCloud
05-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Damn, bro. The floor?!?

An optimist would say that's optimistic.

I said 11-5 last year and they were 11-5. As we all know, they lost opportunities to be at least 13-3 (Denver & Chicago) and maybe even 14-2 (Minnesota showing).

This is a damn good team that fought through a ton of injuries as well as a constant shuffling of its offensive line.

If they have any luck this year with either, this team could be 14-2.

TLO
05-11-2016, 11:15 AM

I think they'll win 10

Meh. Everyone and their brother is on the Raiders cock right now. They'll be a 6 or 7 win team at best

ThaVirus
05-11-2016, 11:15 AM

He was sucking it up before he got injured, IIRC.

DaneMcCloud
05-11-2016, 11:16 AM

I think they'll win 10

That's the big question mark, isn't it?

Also, they've added some pieces on defense but I don't know that they've improved. Sean Smith is better than what they trotted out last year but Haden's a disappointment, Joseph's coming off an ACL, Aldon Smith is still suspended and Bruce Irvin has never impressed.

Until they prove that they're a good defense, they're not a good defense.

And Ken Norton got punked repeatedly last year by good teams.

Bowser
05-11-2016, 11:17 AM
I don't think they're taking the Raiders seriously enough. That Raiders D looks legit.

NTTIAWWT

Bowser
05-11-2016, 11:17 AM

I was going to ask if this was or wasn't without the insight of Ray Lewis and Cris Carter.

O.city
05-11-2016, 11:20 AM

Also, they've added some pieces on defense but I don't know that they've improved. Sean Smith is better than what they trotted out last year but Haden's a disappointment, Joseph's coming off an ACL, Aldon Smith is still suspended and Bruce Irvin has never impressed.

I don't think the acl injury guy will have problems returning but I'm not sure he'll be a difference maker early.

With another developmental year of mack, adding what they added, I'd imagine their defense takes a step forward.

notorious
05-11-2016, 11:24 AM
The Raiders beat terrible teams and got assraped by good teams.

The experts should withhold from sucking their dicks.

DaneMcCloud
05-11-2016, 11:25 AM
I don't think the acl injury guy will have problems returning but I'm not sure he'll be a difference maker early.

With another developmental year of mack, adding what they added, I'd imagine their defense takes a step forward.

Mack had 15 sacks last year. That's a fuck ton, regardless of the player. If he can continue at that pace, he'll be the best pass rushing OLBer in the game very soon.

But as we've seen with Justin Houston, Von Miller and even JJ Watt, injuries can take their toll. If Mack were to lose any substantial time to injury, that defense is a mess.

As for Karl, I just don't get it. He's a 5'9 safety and while Earl Thomas is only slightly better built, Earl Thomas is the beneficiary of great cornerback and defensive line play, not to mention, very good ILB play.

RunKC
05-11-2016, 11:39 AM
I expect Oakland to actually have a winning season for once. I'd temper expectations though. 9-7 to 10-6 sounds reasonable.

Their defense should be better with Irvin and Calhoun rotating opposite Mack and Smith/Nelson/Joseph in the secondary.

They don't have chemistry and their coaching is not as good as it looks. Andy and Bob did laps around De Rio last year and we got pressure on Carr without Houston both times to the tune of 10 sacks.
10 sacks without Houston ether game.

I think it's very likely that we sweep them due to the schedule. We get our bye week before we go to Oakland and then they play a tough Buffalo team in the late game, then fly to KC on a short week for TNF.

They'll be better though. They'll be in competition for the division.

lawrenceRaider
05-11-2016, 12:44 PM

Hayden is horrible, and unlikely to make it through training camp. We did sign Nelson who is a pretty good safety, and who knows what we'll get out of Joseph. His play was pretty impressive prior to the injury, but plenty of players never regain form. Opposite Sean Smith we'll be starting the surprising Amerson, who may be the key to the Raider secondary. If he plays like he did for us down the stretch last year, our secondary will be pretty darn good. If he returns to his Redskins form, not so much.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/notes-raiders-cb-amerson-shines-again-vs-packers

Raiders DL will be good at the starting spots, but depth is still a concern to me as is whether Edwards returns from injury the same player he was when he got hurt.

DaneMcCloud
05-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Hayden is horrible, and unlikely to make it through training camp. We did sign Nelson who is a pretty good safety, and who knows what we'll get out of Joseph. His play was pretty impressive prior to the injury, but plenty of players never regain form. Opposite Sean Smith we'll be starting the surprising Amerson, who may be the key to the Raider secondary. If he plays like he did for us down the stretch last year, our secondary will be pretty darn good. If he returns to his Redskins form, not so much.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/notes-raiders-cb-amerson-shines-again-vs-packers

Raiders DL will be good at the starting spots, but depth is still a concern to me as is whether Edwards returns from injury the same player he was when he got hurt.

Plus, making that jump from 7-9 to 9-7 or 10-6 is one of the toughest jumps to make in the NFL. I'm not stating that they can't do it but more things will need to go right than wrong.

I think they're probably another year off but it's the NFL and anything can happen.

Sully
05-11-2016, 12:54 PM
They did sign some guys.

lawrenceRaider
05-11-2016, 01:01 PM
Plus, making that jump from 7-9 to 9-7 or 10-6 is one of the toughest jumps to make in the NFL. I'm not stating that they can't do it but more things will need to go right than wrong.

I think they're probably another year off but it's the NFL and anything can happen.

That's my gut feel as well, that the Raiders are a year away from being a real contender. We lost 3-4 games last year we shouldn't have, including our game in Oakland against KC. That's to be expected from a youngish team still gelling. Many more parts to incorporate this year so we'll see. At the very least the Raiders are no longer a push over.

DaneMcCloud
05-11-2016, 01:02 PM
That's my gut feel as well, that the Raiders are a year away from being a real contender. We lost 3-4 games last year we shouldn't have, including our game in Oakland against KC. That's to be expected from a youngish team still gelling. Many more parts to incorporate this year so we'll see. At the very least the Raiders are no longer a push over.

The division is always more fun when the Raiders and Chiefs have good teams.

NWTF
05-11-2016, 01:36 PM
I think the Raiders can break the .500 mark with their current rebuild. I dont think they challenge for the division, maybe one of the wild card spots. I could see that. They may plateau around .500 or 9-7 and never really get further than that, but 6-10 is selling them short and basically has them regressing already back down to the bottom. Id put them at 8-8 possibly 9-7.

Chargers? Thats the 6-10 team or worse.

Chiefs and Broncos should fight for the division. I wouldnt write off Denver yet.
Either way the Chiefs are in great shape this year to win the division barring injuries, etc.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2016, 01:40 PM
I said 11-5 last year and they were 11-5. As we all know, they lost opportunities to be at least 13-3 (Denver & Chicago) and maybe even 14-2 (Minnesota showing).

This is a damn good team that fought through a ton of injuries as well as a constant shuffling of its offensive line.

If they have any luck this year with either, this team could be 14-2.

I remember we argued our ass off that they'd win 11 and morons called us homers. Whoops...

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Oh...and knowmo I told you no one respects Denver

Couch-Potato
05-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Tightest division in the NFL?

BryanBusby
05-12-2016, 10:03 PM

I think they'll win 10
I think Oakland has the talent to reach 10 wins, but I also think Del Rio is a lame ass coach that will drag them down.

8-8 territory

Jakemall
05-12-2016, 10:31 PM
Barring key player injuries, I think the Chiefs have a legit shot at the Superbowl this year. I'm sure I'll get some derision for this, but I honestly believe the opportunity is there.

Simply Red
05-12-2016, 11:31 PM

:clap:

TEX
05-13-2016, 08:05 AM
Barring key player injuries, I think the Chiefs have a legit shot at the Superbowl this year. I'm sure I'll get some derision for this, but I honestly believe the opportunity is there.

I'm not there yet as I think there are too many questions on defense. The loss of Smith was huge - made worse by where he went. As mentioned by ESPN, Houston's health is also a concern. However, I do think that the Chiefs certainly could be considered the front runner in the AFC West going into the season. I don't think the gap between 1-3 will be nearly as large as ESPN thinks. Denver and Oakland will be right there, but until Oakland actually does something - I'll keep them at 3rd. I'd be VERY surprised if the Bolts finish .500 and 2nd in the division. In fact I'll call it and say NO WAY IN HELL (So it probably will happen now) That just seems too far of a stretch. I will say that IF the young guys step up - especially the 3rd year guys - and KC can get good play out of RCB, then maybe by season's end KC might very well be a legit SB contender.

Gravedigger
05-13-2016, 08:10 AM
So this means we'll finish last tied with San Diego, and it'll be a loooooooong season.

BWillie
05-13-2016, 08:32 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/15495095/football-outsiders-early-2016-afc-projections-nfl

AFC West

1. Kansas City Chiefs: 12-4 (11.6 mean wins; SOS: 29)
2. San Diego Chargers: 8-8 (8.4 mean wins; SOS: 31)
3. Denver Broncos: 7-9 (7.1 mean wins; SOS: 13)
4. Oakland Raiders: 6-10 (6.4 mean wins; SOS: 14)

The AFC West has our most controversial projections for 2016, none more so than saying the defending champion Broncos are more likely to have a losing record than a winning record in 2016...
Replacing the Broncos as the likely AFC West standard bearers are the Chiefs. This is only a surprise if you don't realize just how good the Chiefs were last year when they finished the season with 10 straight wins. Even incorporating their 1-5 start, the Chiefs ended up with a higher overall DVOA (fifth) than the Broncos (eighth). One big question here will be the health of pass-rusher Justin Houston. We don't know if he'll be ready by September or miss the whole year; for this projection, we assumed he would miss half the season. But while the Chiefs are definitely not as strong on defense without Houston, they won the last five games in that 10-game streak with Houston stuck on the sidelines...

Full AFC projected playoff standings

Here's what the 2016 AFC playoff picture would look like according to our early projections.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)
2. Kansas City Chiefs (12-4)
3. New England Patriots (10-6)
4. Houston Texans (8-8)
5. Cincinnati Bengals* (10-6)
6. Baltimore Ravens* (10-6)
7. Buffalo Bills (9-7)
8. San Diego Chargers (8-8)
9. Jacksonville Jaguars (7-9)
10. Denver Broncos (7-9)
11. Indianapolis Colts (7-9)
12. Tennessee Titans(7-9)
13. Oakland Raiders (6-10)
14. New York Jets (6-10)
15. Miami Dolphins (5-11)
16. Cleveland Browns (4-12)

No effing way. No way. I hope I'm wrong. I see more of a 9-7 or 10-6 ceiling. I think our window is going to start closing.

Amnorix
05-13-2016, 09:03 AM

I think things are more wide open than in some prior years. Manning being gone, Colts are down, Ravens have been shaky for some time, Brady's suspension, Bengals are the Bengals, etc.

I expect the Pats to be in the AFCCG again -- they usually are -- but it's pretty damn hard to guess who they might be playing against. Steelers might have the edge, assuming everyone is healthy, but still, who knows.

MotherfuckerJones
05-13-2016, 09:11 AM
No effing way. No way. I hope I'm wrong. I see more of a 9-7 or 10-6 ceiling. I think our window is going to start closing.

Wut? How is our window closing?

ptlyon
05-13-2016, 09:16 AM
Wut? How is our window closing?

Because, Chiefs of course

MotherfuckerJones
05-13-2016, 09:31 AM
Because, Chiefs of course

That stigma is gone IMO. Last season what they went through proved that. Starting 1-5, previous teams would've folded. Not this regime. We're gona get Andy a ring...this ones for Big Red!!

Jakemall
05-13-2016, 11:35 AM
I'm not there yet as I think there are too many questions on defense. The loss of Smith was huge - made worse by where he went. As mentioned by ESPN, Houston's health is also a concern. However, I do think that the Chiefs certainly could be considered the front runner in the AFC West going into the season. I don't think the gap between 1-3 will be nearly as large as ESPN thinks. Denver and Oakland will be right there, but until Oakland actually does something - I'll keep them at 3rd. I'd be VERY surprised if the Bolts finish .500 and 2nd in the division. In fact I'll call it and say NO WAY IN HELL (So it probably will happen now) That just seems too far of a stretch. I will say that IF the young guys step up - especially the 3rd year guys - and KC can get good play out of RCB, then maybe by season's end KC might very well be a legit SB contender.

I completely understand the concerns. Smith turned out to be a great player, but I don't think his loss will be as significant as some think. Houston was out a chunk of last season and when he came back, he wasn't himself. Even if he's out a majority of the season and he comes back healthy, that's a win for the Chiefs.

My feeling is if the defense can just be close to what it was last year (and I think it will), the improvement on the offensive line and the return of JC will be enough of a boost to push the team to the next level.

DaneMcCloud
05-13-2016, 11:37 AM

LMAO

DJJasonp
05-13-2016, 12:52 PM
That stigma is gone IMO. Last season what they went through proved that. Starting 1-5, previous teams would've folded. Not this regime. We're gona get Andy a ring...this ones for Big Red!!

No....this one is for us fans that have endured "the phantom hold" in miami, Kimble anders in Buffalo, the kicker that shall remain nameless, Girlbac folding like a tent vs Denver, no-punt defense vs Indy, no-first-downs vs Indy, the collapse vs Indy, Pioli, on-side kick to start a game Haley, the Herminator.........on and on and on.....

No, this one is for US!

Three7s
05-13-2016, 02:36 PM
We got a playoff win on the road last year. I'd like one at home this year. We may have ended the overall playoff drought, but not the one at home yet.

Easy 6
05-13-2016, 04:41 PM

There is no reason for derision... we lost a few guys and gained a few guys, but I certainly dont see some huge collapse

And this post is why there wont be a huge collapse, a team that starts 1-5 and then goes on to rip off 11 straight including the playoff win, is a damn strong team both physically, and more important, mentally

There might be an adjustment period as new guys are brought up to speed, but this group has what it needs to go the distance

MotherfuckerJones
05-14-2016, 02:57 AM
There is no reason for derision... we lost a few guys and gained a few guys, but I certainly dont see some huge collapse

And this post is why there wont be a huge collapse, a team that starts 1-5 and then goes on to rip off 11 straight including the playoff win, is a damn strong team both physically, and more important, mentally

There might be an adjustment period as new guys are brought up to speed, but this group has what it needs to go the distance

Not to mention with backup RBs, pass rushers, and secondary. Oh and no PR to help flip the field once in awhile.

stumppy
05-14-2016, 05:53 AM

WTF ? Last year, this year, and probably the next couple of years have been and will be the best chances the Chiefs have had in decades to win it all.
Windows closing my ass, GTF outta here with that stupid shit.

BleedingRed
05-14-2016, 06:43 AM
WTF ? Last year, this year, and probably the next couple of years have been and will be the best chances the Chiefs have had in decades to win it all.
Windows closing my ass, GTF outta here with that stupid shit.

Yeah no clue what he is talking about. I'm on record stating 13-3, I just think how soft and the way the schedule play out really favors us.

Bookmarked

Rausch
05-14-2016, 06:52 AM
11-5.

Chiefs win division.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Fade win 9 or 10 though...

milkman
05-14-2016, 06:59 AM
Frankly, while I don't believe that you can look at this offseason and come away believing that this team is improved "on paper", I think the potential from this draft will manifest itself in in overall improvement on both sides of the ball, resulting in a 12 win division winner.

notorious
05-14-2016, 07:18 AM
We got a playoff win on the road last year. I'd like one at home this year. We may have ended the overall playoff drought, but not the one at home yet.

I would like 2 wins at home and a win on a neutral field........

Rausch
05-14-2016, 07:32 AM
Frankly, while I don't believe that you can look at this offseason and come away believing that this team is improved "on paper", I think the potential from this draft will manifest itself in in overall improvement on both sides of the ball, resulting in a 12 win division winner.

We lost, on the road, to the Pats, with most of our best talent (Houston, Charles, Maclin) injured, by only 7 points.

Just getting them back for the post season this year would be a HUGE lift...

Chiefshrink
05-14-2016, 07:46 AM
Too high on san d and too low on oakland.

I thoroughly agree.

1. KC - 11-5
2. Oak - 9-7
3. Den - 7-9
4. SD - 6-10

Chiefshrink
05-14-2016, 07:58 AM
We lost, on the road, to the Pats, with most of our best talent (Houston, Charles, Maclin) injured, by only 7 points.

.....and why all of Denver had a great sigh of relief when Maclin and our edge rushers got severely dinged up. Because I can't tell you how many out here in Denver 'did not' want to see KC come in here for the AFC championship game. They knew our D when healthy was as every bit as good as their's and our offense could move the chains efficiently to score on anybody and already proved they could score on them no problem.

The last time Denver had a great sigh of relief when playing the Chiefs ? When they found out Grbac was starting instead of Gannon.:D

Pasta Little Brioni
05-14-2016, 09:40 AM

Dumb. Loaded team....lllllloaded

ChiefsCountry
05-14-2016, 10:14 AM
10-6 is my pick mainly because of the road schedule. All of the tough games are on the road.

Steelers
Colts
Panthers
Raiders
Broncos

And you always lose a WTF game with Reid.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-14-2016, 12:06 PM
10-6 is my pick mainly because of the road schedule. All of the tough games are on the road.

Steelers
Colts
Panthers
Raiders
Broncos

And you always lose a WTF game with Reid.

Sure, but you always win a WTF game with him too.

So you're better off with an 11-5 bet.

O.city
05-14-2016, 12:16 PM
I don't think the colts are very good.

vailpass
05-14-2016, 12:18 PM
This will be a good bump come regular season...

RunKC
05-14-2016, 12:25 PM

I agree. They might have one of the worst defenses in the league. Their only real pass Rush threat is like 40 years old.

DaneMcCloud
05-14-2016, 12:39 PM

They're not and it'll likely show even more this season because Jacksonville and the Texans have added some nice pieces via free agency and the draft.

They won't be able to feast on those teams like they did in the past and the Titans might win more than 2 games this year as well.

staylor26
05-14-2016, 12:40 PM

Nah. You all won't want to be around here during the regular season.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-14-2016, 12:42 PM

Yeah, it will, because I can see it happening...

What you Donkey fans don't realize is that you were lucky as all hell to win it last year, and now with some very key pieces gone, you don't expect Gary Kubiak to shit the bed and go into full SB hangover mode. I won't be surprised if you finish 3rd, and perhaps even 4th if you have a tough injury or two like most teams usually do.

O.city
05-14-2016, 12:48 PM
They're not and it'll likely show even more this season because Jacksonville and the Texans have added some nice pieces via free agency and the draft.

They won't be able to feast on those teams like they did in the past and the Titans might win more than 2 games this year as well.

It depends on osweiler ultimateky, but I think the Texans are a dark horse in yhe afc this year.

DaneMcCloud
05-14-2016, 01:13 PM
It depends on osweiler ultimateky, but I think the Texans are a dark horse in yhe afc this year.

His track record isn't so spiffy to this point, despite the huge payday.

It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds but I have a feeling they won't be a contender overnight.

Chiefshrink
05-14-2016, 01:18 PM

They haven't progressed like I thought they would due to injuries and lack of O-line talent.

DaneMcCloud
05-14-2016, 01:21 PM
They haven't progressed like I thought they would due to injuries and lack of O-line talent.

And their defensive and offensive acquisitions, whether through free agency or the draft, have been awful.

Pagano's not a good head coach, either. He was really bouyed by Bruce Arians his first season and without a healthy Luck, everything's been exposed.

Thankfully, Jim Irsay is too whacked on drugs to whack his front office and coaching staff.

vailpass
05-14-2016, 01:30 PM
Yeah, it will, because I can see it happening...

What you Donkey fans don't realize is that you were lucky as all hell to win it last year, and now with some very key pieces gone, you don't expect Gary Kubiak to shit the bed and go into full SB hangover mode. I won't be surprised if you finish 3rd, and perhaps even 4th if you have a tough injury or two like most teams usually do.

:D far be it from me to challenge your winning the off season.

O.city
05-14-2016, 01:34 PM
His track record isn't so spiffy to this point, despite the huge payday.

It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds but I have a feeling they won't be a contender overnight.

I think they can let the defense do some lifting early.

But it'll come down to osweiler. He's got a ton of weapons at wr. They need a good running game though aND I'm not sure about Obrien

pugsnotdrugs19
05-14-2016, 02:15 PM
:D far be it from me to challenge your winning the off season.

Enlighten me on how this was a bad offseason for the Chiefs?

The worst thing we had happen was the Houston injury, and who is to even say he will miss much, if any time.

You're not going to convince me that losing Sean Smith will crumble this team in any sort of way. Just like you'll never convince me that Mark Sanchez isn't hot garbage.

vailpass
05-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Enlighten me on how this was a bad offseason for the Chiefs?

The worst thing we had happen was the Houston injury, and who is to even say he will miss much, if any time.

You're not going to convince me that losing Sean Smith will crumble this team in any sort of way. Just like you'll never convince me that Mark Sanchez isn't hot garbage.

Huh? IMHO this was, on the whole, a rather good offseason for KC with the exception of losing Smith and drafting a woman beater.

Willie Lanier
05-14-2016, 03:48 PM
Huh? IMHO this was, on the whole, a rather good offseason for KC with the exception of losing Smith and drafting a woman beater.

Cmon man, low blow

Pasta Little Brioni
05-14-2016, 04:49 PM
vail isn't a homer like the others. He knows Denver is done :)

Easy 6
05-14-2016, 05:02 PM
And their defensive and offensive acquisitions, whether through free agency or the draft, have been awful.

Pagano's not a good head coach, either. He was really bouyed by Bruce Arians his first season and without a healthy Luck, everything's been exposed.

Thankfully, Jim Irsay is too whacked on drugs to whack his front office and coaching staff.

They are wasting a supreme talent

That club truly seems to have no real direction, no core philosophy that they subscribe to, no methodical team building approach like Dorsey has... they seem to just slap shit together and hope Luck pulls a rabbit out of his hat

MotherfuckerJones
05-14-2016, 08:16 PM

Oh really? No ones rigging it for Manning this year :)