PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Candylicious: Round 1, Heats 81 through 84 (Penultimate Round 1 Heat!)

Rain Man
05-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Here are the rules. This will be a head to head tournament. For efficiency's sake, I will run four heats in each thread.

Therefore, I will put up four pairs of candies. For each pair, you will identify the candy that you would most like to have at the moment of voting. It doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite candy overall, just the one that sounds good right now. For visualization purposes, you may assume that you're out trick or treating (dressed as former astronaut Frank Borman), and the woman at the door is offering you your choice of two options. You can only pick one, or if you would turn them both down, you can pick zero (not to be confused with the Zero bar).

So to summarize, you will vote for four candies in each thread, one candy per heat. And here they are!

Heat 81: Jujubes versus Bar None

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b4/2a/2e/b42a2eeba1e4413b9a7610f1c657fbe9.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/9003024263_44326f5965.jpg

Heat 82: Whoppers versus Hershey Bar with Almonds

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yEP2bkvF-yo/VWZewMXgYOI/AAAAAAAAA7U/puqZNW7FFFc/s1600/malted_whoppers_01.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81k2FrZBDIL._SL1500_.jpg

Heat 83: Mint Mentos versus Bit O' Honey

http://static.tumblr.com/udhww6x/iyRmjspd9/4337.jpg
http://www.candywarehouse.com/assets/item/regular/bit-o-honey-candy-wrapped.jpg

Heat 84: Zero versus Lindt Truffles

https://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lykfqrhNcd1qja9zyo1_500.jpg
http://www.heyheycandy.co.nz/507-831-thickbox/lindt-chocolate-mint-truffle.jpg

Rain Man
05-13-2016, 06:37 PM
My votes:

Bar None over Jujubes. I've never had either of these, but I'll take the thing with chocolate over the gumdrop-looking thing every time.

Whoppers over Hershey Bar with Almonds. Ah, Whoppers. A brilliant chocolate surface around a tingly malt middle. Whoppers might be nature's perfect food. I like the HBwA, but frankly the almonds detract more than they add. I love getting my hands on some Whoppers.

Bit O' Honey over Mint Mentos. If other varieties of Mentos hadn't made the cut, I would have eliminated Mint Mentos as a mint and not a candy. But it's chewy and other flavors are obviously candy, so I gave it passage. But I think it'll be a quick out, because Bit O' Honey is a unique and tasty treat that I cannot turn down.

Lindt Truffles over Zero. I've never had a Zero Bar, but it looks like it could be good. I've had about a zillion Lindt Truffles, and I know they're delicious so I'll vote for the known commodity. A vendor of mine used to send a huge package every year for Christmas - er, the holidays - and it was always welcomed with open arms.

Gadzooks
05-13-2016, 07:11 PM
When I was a kid I went on a tour of the Hershey factory with my school. I bought a 5 lb bag of defective Hershey Almond bars and ate the vast majority on the bus ride home.
That night, I had terrible nightmares. I eventually woke up in a cold sweat and began a journey towards pure consciousness while projectile vomiting. (There was ham and carrots in the vomit despite the fact that I hadn't eaten either in quite some time).

The moral of this story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it ...some stories just don't have a happy ending

Fire Me Boy!
05-13-2016, 07:12 PM
My votes:

Bar None over Jujubes. I've never had either of these, but I'll take the thing with chocolate over the gumdrop-looking thing every time.

Whoppers over Hershey Bar with Almonds. Ah, Whoppers. A brilliant chocolate surface around a tingly malt middle. Whoppers might be nature's perfect food. I like the HBwA, but frankly the almonds detract more than they add. I love getting my hands on some Whoppers.

Bit O' Honey over Mint Mentos. If other varieties of Mentos hadn't made the cut, I would have eliminated Mint Mentos as a mint and not a candy. But it's chewy and other flavors are obviously candy, so I gave it passage. But I think it'll be a quick out, because Bit O' Honey is a unique and tasty treat that I cannot turn down.

Lindt Truffles over Zero. I've never had a Zero Bar, but it looks like it could be good. I've had about a zillion Lindt Truffles, and I know they're delicious so I'll vote for the known commodity. A vendor of mine used to send a huge package every year for Christmas - er, the holidays - and it was always welcomed with open arms.

Bar None. Same justification.

Whoppers. Again, same justification.

Mentos. I don't like Bit o Honey even a lil bit.

Lindt. And considering you've had the truffles, I cannot fathom how you voted that bullshit Cookies and Cream Hershey's over Lindt last round. I just can't wrap my mind around that.

lewdog
05-13-2016, 07:14 PM
That zero bar looks like a shitty protein bar texture.

Fire Me Boy!
05-13-2016, 07:16 PM

They're actually pretty tasty. I don't think I've ever chosen it over anything remotely better, but I've never regretted it. It's always a pleasant surprise.

TimBone
05-13-2016, 07:19 PM
The look is definitely unappealing. It's very good, though.

Too bad it ran into the truffles in round one.

Coochie liquor
05-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Truffles v Zero is rough.

Bwana
05-13-2016, 07:36 PM

Yes it does.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-13-2016, 07:44 PM
I don't believe I've bought a Zero bar since the 70's, so Lindt.

lewdog
05-13-2016, 07:47 PM
I've never seen a Zero bar.

There's a whole world I have really never explored in the candy aisle. I'm almost embarrassed because there is so much I don't know or have never heard about.

Rasputin
05-13-2016, 07:52 PM
I grew up eating Zero I love them very good comparable to a Snickers.

lewdog
05-13-2016, 07:58 PM
I grew up eating Zero I love them very good comparable to a Snickers.

They look like Snickers sub 70 younger brother.

MTG#10
05-13-2016, 10:58 PM
Bar None is extinct, automatic disqualification

KCUnited
05-14-2016, 07:38 AM
Jujubes are like Sugar Babies. I'll throw a couple in my mouth, chew them up and have nothing to swallow because they've molded to my teeth. Then you have to eat a couple more just to dislodge the existing ones from your molars. It's a vicious cycle.

I tried a Zero bar within the last 5 years out of nostalgia and was disappointed. Didn't even finish it.

hometeam
05-14-2016, 12:22 PM
bit o honey is the worst piece of shit of all time

Fire Me Boy!
05-14-2016, 12:24 PM

Not sure I'd go with WOAT, but it's definitely a contender.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-14-2016, 01:39 PM

A disgusting and filthy chore of a candy it is.

Rain Man
05-14-2016, 03:06 PM
You guys must be forgetting to take the wrapper off first. Eaten properly, Bit O' Honey's are quite tasty.

Fire Me Boy!
05-14-2016, 03:10 PM
You guys must be forgetting to take the wrapper off first. Eaten properly, Bit O' Honey's are quite tasty.

You lost the right to question other people's tastes when you voted Cookies and Cream Hershey's over Lindt.

Rain Man
05-14-2016, 03:22 PM
You lost the right to question other people's tastes when you voted Cookies and Cream Hershey's over Lindt.

With your normally exquisite taste, I'm surprised that you don't see the difference between Lindt bars (typical fruity chocolate) and Lindt truffles (creamy flavorful goodness in a fun shape). They're completely different species and the bar should not benefit from the shadow of the truffle.

Now that I think about it, I am sure glad they named them Lindt truffles and not Lindt balls.

Fire Me Boy!
05-14-2016, 03:26 PM
With your normally exquisite taste, I'm surprised that you don't see the difference between Lindt bars (typical fruity chocolate) and Lindt truffles (creamy flavorful goodness in a fun shape). They're completely different species and the bar should not benefit from the shadow of the truffle.

Now that I think about it, I am sure glad they named them Lindt truffles and not Lindt balls.

If you can't look at this page and find at least 8 different bars you'd smash, I don't even know you anymore.

http://www.lindtusa.com/shop/bars-12053--1

scho63
05-14-2016, 03:38 PM
At this rate we will be lucky to finish this contest by Halloween.

Indian Chief
05-14-2016, 04:18 PM

This isn't true at all. They do make the bars in more random flavors than the truffles, but you can also get them in the same exact varieties. This includes bars with the actually creamy truffle center. Didn't I see you admitting to not trying the Lindt bars and only relying on the posted picture? :hmmm:

Fire Me Boy!
05-14-2016, 04:22 PM
This isn't true at all. They do make the bars in more random flavors than the truffles, but you can also get them in the same exact varieties. This includes bars with the actually creamy truffle center. Didn't I see you admitting to not trying the Lindt bars and only relying on the posted picture? :hmmm:

He did. And it says "various flavors," so I was surprised the normally well researched Rain Man would have looked them up before casting a vote.

GloucesterChief
05-14-2016, 06:33 PM
He did. And it says "various flavors," so I was surprised the normally well researched Rain Man would have looked them up before casting a vote.

Plus there are plenty of fruit flavors that go well with chocolate besides raspberry. Cherry, orange, strawberry, and pineapple just to name a few.

listopencil
05-14-2016, 06:54 PM
If you can't look at this page and find at least 8 different bars you'd smash, I don't even know you anymore.

http://www.lindtusa.com/shop/bars-12053--1

Yeah, those things are ridiculously good. Every once in a while the local drug store has them on sale at a deep discount and it takes every bit of willpower I have not to just fill a shopping basket with them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-14-2016, 09:02 PM
Dark chocolate, blueberry, pomegranate, and almond.

WIN.

hometeam
05-15-2016, 12:26 AM

And this is why people say you have brain problems.

Rain Man
05-16-2016, 04:23 PM
Bar None, Hershey Bar with Almonds, Bit O' Honey, and Lindt Truffles advance to Round 2.

I am sorely disappointed in the low awareness of Whopper awesomeness.