Edge
Wr

DJ's left nut
05-16-2016, 03:09 PM
I'd imagine chiefs 2017 draft could or should look like

QB
Edge
Wr

Depending on discussions with Fisher, OT could easily be on the list, as could safety. Additionally, even with Jones, DL wouldn't be a complete shocker as Poe and Howard will be at/near FA and Bailey will start getting expensive (when he kinda stalled last year). If LDT, Fulton or Reid don't prove themselves, even G could be high on the list (and that's assuming Erhinger shows something).

Eh...probably way too early to really start guessing.

Some core players are going to start falling off soon enough and the depth will be tested. We have to see what we have there before we know what to pursue. And even then, somebody could come along that's just way too good a fit at a position we wouldn't think of (I'm looking at Dalvin Cook from FSU, for instance).

O.city
05-16-2016, 03:20 PM
Depending on discussions with Fisher, OT could easily be on the list, as could safety. Additionally, even with Jones, DL wouldn't be a complete shocker as Poe and Howard will be at/near FA and Bailey will start getting expensive (when he kinda stalled last year). If LDT, Fulton or Reid don't prove themselves, even G could be high on the list (and that's assuming Erhinger shows something).

Some core players are going to start falling off soon enough and the depth will be tested. We have to see what we have there before we know what to pursue. And even then, somebody could come along that's just way too good a fit at a position we wouldn't think of (I'm looking at Dalvin Cook from FSU, for instance).

I figure they'll get the dl and tackle spot worked out contractually, same with safety. For sure 2 of those 3.

They've gotta start looking for the successor to smith at qb, I figure next year's as good as any.

It's hard to tell though, like you said. Hell 2 years is a long time in the nfl so who knows.

O.city
05-16-2016, 03:21 PM
I also figure if ford doesn't take off, you're in a real bind at olb with him flopping and hali getting old.

That's probably what I'd look for.

staylor26
05-16-2016, 03:22 PM

Kid from florida state is Charles 2.0

Yup. He's the only one that could possibly be had at our range that I'd use a 1st on.

Still hurts that he wasn't a Hurricane, but I'd love to see him in red & gold.

Me and O.City have already started the Cook to replace Jamaal hype train. Welcome aboard. :D

O.city
05-16-2016, 03:24 PM
He's gonna be really good, dunno that I'd spend my first on him. Depends on the situation I guess.

staylor26
05-16-2016, 03:26 PM
He's gonna be really good, dunno that I'd spend my first on him. Depends on the situation I guess.

In any other draft he'd be a top 15 pick, so if we can get him at the end of the 1st, we can afford the luxury of taking him IMO. Especially considering we'll have a shit ton of picks next year.

DJ's left nut
05-16-2016, 03:31 PM
I figure they'll get the dl and tackle spot worked out contractually, same with safety. For sure 2 of those 3.

They've gotta start looking for the successor to smith at qb, I figure next year's as good as any.

It's hard to tell though, like you said. Hell 2 years is a long time in the nfl so who knows.

I said before all the Lynch talk that I loved the 2017 draft in terms of timing to go after a QB. You get a real nice opportunity for him to learn the ropes for a year before getting max return on his 'cheap' seasons starting in 2018.

But as is usually the case, the talent will tell the tale. There's no damn way we have a shot at Watson because if he doesn't perform, he just won't come out. If he does, those tools make him a surefire 1.1. I kinda like Chad Kelly but that guy looks to have the same makeup as Connor Cook; just a complete choad.

JT Barrett, perhaps? I see a fair amount of Alex in his game and he's a guy that I could see Reid falling in love with. Not a big arm, but sufficient (probably). Smart player with premier athleticism. By all accounts a great lockerroom guy and a person that really loves football. I doubt he gets himself into the first, but I could see him being Reid's next roll of the dice in the middle rounds.

O.city
05-16-2016, 03:52 PM
I said before all the Lynch talk that I loved the 2017 draft in terms of timing to go after a QB. You get a real nice opportunity for him to learn the ropes for a year before getting max return on his 'cheap' seasons starting in 2018.

But as is usually the case, the talent will tell the tale. There's no damn way we have a shot at Watson because if he doesn't perform, he just won't come out. If he does, those tools make him a surefire 1.1. I kinda like Chad Kelly but that guy looks to have the same makeup as Connor Cook; just a complete choad.

JT Barrett, perhaps? I see a fair amount of Alex in his game and he's a guy that I could see Reid falling in love with. Not a big arm, but sufficient (probably). Smart player with premier athleticism. By all accounts a great lockerroom guy and a person that really loves football. I doubt he gets himself into the first, but I could see him being Reid's next roll of the dice in the middle rounds.

With all the picks they've got, they could go after Watson but that's alot to move off of I'd imagine.

Its super early to know what's gonna happen. I kinda like Mayfield but I think he's probably Manziel 2.0 in terms of playing style

staylor26
05-16-2016, 03:54 PM
With all the picks they've got, they could go after Watson but that's alot to move off of I'd imagine.

Its super early to know what's gonna happen. I kinda like Mayfield but I think he's probably Manziel 2.0 in terms of playing style

Still too much of a jump for Watson (assuming he and the Chiefs don't have an epic fail of a season). Kaaya is the guy we should keep an eye on.

DJ's left nut
05-16-2016, 04:00 PM
Still too much of a jump for Watson. Kaaya is the guy we should keep an eye on.

I see Dobbs as a guy that could move up but not TOO far up for us to get to.

Even if he has a good year, he'll likely be just polarizing enough to sit around the middle of the first rather than shoot up to the top, IMO.

He'll need to take a big step forward with his passing mechanics and accuracy, but again, I'm looking for guys with tools Reid would like who are more gettable. I don't think Dobbs can make himself a top 10 pick but I could see him getting up in the range where we'd jump.

staylor26
05-16-2016, 04:03 PM
I see Dobbs as a guy that could move up but not TOO far up for us to get to.

Even if he has a good year, he'll likely be just polarizing enough to sit around the middle of the first rather than shoot up to the top, IMO.

He'll need to take a big step forward with his passing mechanics and accuracy, but again, I'm looking for guys with tools Reid would like who are more gettable. I don't think Dobbs can make himself a top 10 pick but I could see him getting up in the range where we'd jump.

Dobbs is certainly intriguing and out of the QB's I have ranked (except for Watson), I'd definitely say he's the best fit for Reid. Will be interesting to see how he develops this year.

O.city
05-16-2016, 04:03 PM
As of today, none of those top qbs after Watson really inspire alot of confidence for me.

I'd throw murray out at some point to see what he's got.

I still think bray is alot better than given credit for but he's probably quite the shitheel.

staylor26
05-16-2016, 04:14 PM
As of today, none of those top qbs after Watson really inspire alot of confidence for me.

I'd throw murray out at some point to see what he's got.

I still think bray is alot better than given credit for but he's probably quite the shitheel.

I somewhat agree with this, as Watson is the only guy I'd have as a 1st right now, but Kaaya is likely going to take the next step with Richt and his staff this season. Like I said before about Burns, the coaching at Miami has been so terrible it has to be taken into consideration with every one of our prospects.

If the spring game was any indication, Kaaya will be a 1st rounder by seasons end and probably a top 20 pick.

O.city
05-16-2016, 04:59 PM
Kaaya us interesting but mark richt is...not.

Yuck

staylor26
05-16-2016, 05:31 PM
Kaaya us interesting but mark richt is...not.

Yuck

I'm not expecting anything special from Richt, but he is a major improvement over Al ****ing Golden (and every coach we've had since Butch Davis). It's not even remotely close.

kccrow
05-16-2016, 06:07 PM
Me and O.City have already started the Cook to replace Jamaal hype train. Welcome aboard. :D

er um hmm cough :shrug:

staylor26
05-16-2016, 06:30 PM
er um hmm cough :shrug:

What're you trying to say, sir?

Rain Man
05-16-2016, 08:36 PM
Parents, please stop naming your wide receivers Mike Williams. We've got too many as it is.

staylor26
05-17-2016, 12:15 PM
My #1 OT and top 10 (maybe top 5) prospect overall, Cam Robinson, was arrested on gun/drug charges.

O.city
05-17-2016, 01:13 PM
My #1 OT and top 10 (maybe top 5) prospect overall, Cam Robinson, was arrested on gun/drug charges.

So, 2nd round?:clap:

staylor26
05-17-2016, 01:59 PM
So, 2nd round?:clap:

He's got some time to turn it around, but that's not a good sign in terms of character.

kccrow
05-18-2016, 01:08 AM
What're you trying to say, sir?

I've been on the same train. :D

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=12218645#post12218645

The guy the Chiefs could probably draft is Cook and I love his run style. He is so decisive and has an insane burst. Definitely home-run hitting speed. It's like he's shot out of a cannon every carry. The guy basically was FSU's offense this year. I think he'll be a good one in the NFL because he doesn't dance in the hole and he can do everything well. He's alot like Zeke Elliott was this year.

staylor26
05-18-2016, 05:49 AM
I've been on the same train. :D

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=12218645#post12218645

:clap:

O.city
05-18-2016, 08:37 AM
Cook is gonna be really good, but do you spend a first rounder in him?

I don't think I would

staylor26
05-18-2016, 09:26 AM
Cook is gonna be really good, but do you spend a first rounder in him?

I don't think I would

Like Crow said I don't think there's a huge difference between Elliot and Cook, but with Fournette and McCaffrey in this class he might get pushed back to the end of the 1st. I don't care if he's a RB, that's a top 10 talent and BPA. I'll take that value all day. We'd still have 10 other picks to work with.

O.city
05-18-2016, 09:40 AM
Just from a positional value standpoint, even if he's a top 10 talent, what's the difference in that and some later round pick?

Rbs are just a fickle spot

staylor26
05-18-2016, 09:54 AM
Just from a positional value standpoint, even if he's a top 10 talent, what's the difference in that and some later round pick?

Rbs are just a fickle spot

With the rookie wage scale, if you can get an All-Pro caliber RB at the end of the 1st, I don't think you worry about postional value.

The production we could get day 1 from a guy like Cook is invalubale. It also doesn't hurt that it's a very safe pick. I think Cook would be as close to a "sure thing" as you could get in this offense.

If you hit, I don't think you're going to look back with regret. That's what it's all about. Look at Gurley vs. Gordon for example. I'm sure the Rams are still very happy with that pick, while the Chargers might be wishing they went elsewhere.

staylor26
05-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Update:

I added Corey Clement from Wisconsin to my list of RB's after watching some of his 2014 tape. This guy ran for 950 yards behind Melvin Gordon that year. He got hurt in 2015, so he still hasn't gotten the oppurtunity to show what he can do as the starter, but I fully expect him to soar up draft boards after this season. I would t be surprised if he gets drafted before or right after Chubb. He's extremely explosive and a true home run hitter. Would be a great fit in this offense, like Cook.

O.City, you should definitely check him out if you'd like a guy similar to Cook outside of the first.

O.city
05-18-2016, 01:20 PM
With the rookie wage scale, if you can get an All-Pro caliber RB at the end of the 1st, I don't think you worry about postional value.

The production we could get day 1 from a guy like Cook is invalubale. It also doesn't hurt that it's a very safe pick. I think Cook would be as close to a "sure thing" as you could get in this offense.

If you hit, I don't think you're going to look back with regret. That's what it's all about. Look at Gurley vs. Gordon for example. I'm sure the Rams are still very happy with that pick, while the Chargers might be wishing they went elsewhere.

Gurley is really good, forst rounder, great running back.

He was obviously better, but in terms of long term value added to your team, how much more valuable is he than David johnson, a 3rd rounder?

Obviously, yeah, he's a better runner, but say gurley is a 90 value guy and johnson is a 75. Is that 15 hypothetical value worth the pick on a spot that has longevity issues from the beating they take? I dunno.

If you hit on any player, you aren't gonna regret it but you still could have gone about it differently

staylor26
05-18-2016, 01:34 PM

He was obviously better, but in terms of long term value added to your team, how much more valuable is he than David johnson, a 3rd rounder?

Obviously, yeah, he's a better runner, but say gurley is a 90 value guy and johnson is a 75. Is that 15 hypothetical value worth the pick on a spot that has longevity issues from the beating they take? I dunno.

If you hit on any player, you aren't gonna regret it but you still could have gone about it differently

I mean yea that works in hindsight, but you can do that with just about any position. Of course it happens a little more often with RB's, but it's still the same thing.

Nobody knew David Johnson was going to be that good, or else he would've been draft much higher. (I also need to see him do it again next season to be completely sold that there isn't a huge difference)

And yea if there's a better (or equal) player there at a more premium position like OLB, you go in a different direction, but if Cook is clearly BPA, I'm not passing him up because of the position he plays. That just silly IMO.

I agree your draft board should reflect what you're talking about, but you still stick with it and don't completely exclude a talent like Cook in the 1st simply because he's a RB.

Go back and look at how many lesser prospects were drafted ahead of Gurley and you'll see not only did the Rams hit, they got great value also.

Drafting at the end of the first sucks, but if I can get a top 15 talent there, then I'm going to take it and run.

I believe you're overrating the positional value and underrating the talent value.

O.city
05-18-2016, 01:58 PM
Possibly.

But the chiefs were example 1a last year. Charles is a much better talent and player than ware or west.

But in the overall scheme it wasn't a huge letdown.

I think the chiefs are better with charles, but as to how much, I dunno.

I personally wouldn't draft a rb in the first round.

staylor26
05-18-2016, 02:02 PM
Possibly.

But the chiefs were example 1a last year. Charles is a much better talent and player than ware or west.

But in the overall scheme it wasn't a huge letdown.

I think the chiefs are better with charles, but as to how much, I dunno.

I personally wouldn't draft a rb in the first round.

I understand and somewhat agree with your argument, which is why it'll be reflected on my big board.

Check out Corey Clement though, if you really like Cook aside from all that, you'll love the value that could possibly be had in Clement a round later.

DJ's left nut
05-18-2016, 04:24 PM

The 'value' of a draft pick only matters for the first 4-5 years and after that you're paying FA prices for them anyway.

So who cares if the guy ages poorly; all the draft pick itself really matters for is what you're able to get from him early and maybe a little marginal value to be gained by the chance that familiarity and an exclusive negotiating window gets you a slightly reduced contract.

And as Staylor has pointed out, it's hardly fair to point out the late round hits and compare them to the early rounders. Why not ask what Gurley gives you that Duke Johnson doesn't? Should we not be impressed by the Marcus Peters pick since Carolina got Josh Norman in like the 5th? Or the Seahawks late round hit on Richard Sherman? Should the Eagles avoid drafting WRs in the early rounds because Maclin wasn't a better player than Antonio Brown?

It's just an odd way to look at things. In a vacuum, if you can get a guy that will step seamlessly into your system and potentially be a big time contributor in year 1, he's a fine first round pick. If the team sees Cook as a true home-run hitter and possible immediate 1,000 yard RB with the ability to catch 40 balls for 3-400 yards, that's an obvious first round value.

Now if they believe they already have that in Ware, the calculus changes, but that's a team needs question and not a positional value question.

O.city
05-18-2016, 04:45 PM
The 'value' of a draft pick only matters for the first 4-5 years and after that you're paying FA prices for them anyway.

So who cares if the guy ages poorly; all the draft pick itself really matters for is what you're able to get from him early and maybe a little marginal value to be gained by the chance that familiarity and an exclusive negotiating window gets you a slightly reduced contract.

And as Staylor has pointed out, it's hardly fair to point out the late round hits and compare them to the early rounders. Why not ask what Gurley gives you that Duke Johnson doesn't? Should we not be impressed by the Marcus Peters pick since Carolina got Josh Norman in like the 5th? Or the Seahawks late round hit on Richard Sherman? Should the Eagles avoid drafting WRs in the early rounds because Maclin wasn't a better player than Antonio Brown?

It's just an odd way to look at things. In a vacuum, if you can get a guy that will step seamlessly into your system and potentially be a big time contributor in year 1, he's a fine first round pick. If the team sees Cook as a true home-run hitter and possible immediate 1,000 yard RB with the ability to catch 40 balls for 3-400 yards, that's an obvious first round value.

Now if they believe they already have that in Ware, the calculus changes, but that's a team needs question and not a positional value question.

I suspect it's because of the number that's used, but late round running backs arent the same as the others you've mentioned.

It seems every year there's 3 or 4 late round running backs churned out. Yearly, on average I'd say I can find an adequate late round running back.

Now, this is where it gets interesting to me. On a pure war type value, whats the difference in say, what you get from cook in your above numbers (say an a in numerical value) and a guy later that fits what you do and would be a b?

I don't know the answer, I'm posing the question

kccrow
05-18-2016, 10:10 PM
I suspect it's because of the number that's used, but late round running backs arent the same as the others you've mentioned.

It seems every year there's 3 or 4 late round running backs churned out. Yearly, on average I'd say I can find an adequate late round running back.

Now, this is where it gets interesting to me. On a pure war type value, whats the difference in say, what you get from cook in your above numbers (say an a in numerical value) and a guy later that fits what you do and would be a b?

I don't know the answer, I'm posing the question

Here's my opinion...

Charles has tremendous value because of his value in all 3 facets of the game (running for a high average, blocking efficiency, and pass receiving). Gurley has shown he can be that type of player. Elliott will be a similar back in the NFL. I think Cook possesses most of that ability.

When you use running back by committee, and you use later round guys, they are incomplete players most of the time. So, what are you willing to sacrifice on any given play in order to gain that round value compromise?

It is rarely significant rushing production you are giving up. Cook might run for, say, 4.8 yards per carry, whereas a 5th round back might run for 4.0 because of lack of similar vision, speed, and power. Even if you're a team heavily reliant on the run, that's still not going to be significant over the course of 17 carries during a game or 275 carries during a season. A 1,300 yard back vs. an 1,100 yard back. If 10 yards rushing decides a game, there are bigger problems.

Now, Cook might have 5 catches per game for 40 yards. Will that 5th round back be a complete player and be able to catch the ball well? What if that back sucks at catching, averages 1 catch for 5 yards per game? Now you need a complimentary back to offset that extra production. You need 2 players instead of one to get the same on-field production. However, you're also tipping your hand to the likely play call. You have to use your complimentary back in the run game to keep the defense honest, and you might have a guy that can only churn out 3.0 yards per carry. Now, you're losing to gain.

What about blocking? Can either of your 2 bargain backs pass block? What if your ace receiving back can't pass block? You put in your "lead" back and now you have a guy that can't function well as a receiver in an audible situation, on the field for his pass blocking.

A complete player is always a better value than an incomplete player. Again, the only question is based on how much are you willing to give up in field value to gain round value. You will give something up.

O.city
05-19-2016, 07:40 AM
Here's my opinion...

Charles has tremendous value because of his value in all 3 facets of the game (running for a high average, blocking efficiency, and pass receiving). Gurley has shown he can be that type of player. Elliott will be a similar back in the NFL. I think Cook possesses most of that ability.

When you use running back by committee, and you use later round guys, they are incomplete players most of the time. So, what are you willing to sacrifice on any given play in order to gain that round value compromise?

It is rarely significant rushing production you are giving up. Cook might run for, say, 4.8 yards per carry, whereas a 5th round back might run for 4.0 because of lack of similar vision, speed, and power. Even if you're a team heavily reliant on the run, that's still not going to be significant over the course of 17 carries during a game or 275 carries during a season. A 1,300 yard back vs. an 1,100 yard back. If 10 yards rushing decides a game, there are bigger problems.

Now, Cook might have 5 catches per game for 40 yards. Will that 5th round back be a complete player and be able to catch the ball well? What if that back sucks at catching, averages 1 catch for 5 yards per game? Now you need a complimentary back to offset that extra production. You need 2 players instead of one to get the same on-field production. However, you're also tipping your hand to the likely play call. You have to use your complimentary back in the run game to keep the defense honest, and you might have a guy that can only churn out 3.0 yards per carry. Now, you're losing to gain.

What about blocking? Can either of your 2 bargain backs pass block? What if your ace receiving back can't pass block? You put in your "lead" back and now you have a guy that can't function well as a receiver in an audible situation, on the field for his pass blocking.

A complete player is always a better value than an incomplete player. Again, the only question is based on how much are you willing to give up in field value to gain round value. You will give something up.

This is all true.

It's easier to find all around players earlier. But in my opinion, it's easier to find capable backs later to assemble my 2 or whatever guus that can play. Some of that stuff I can teach them to do (pass protections, blocking etc). You can find capable backs late in every draft.

I think it's alot more difficult to find say, capable qbs or capable olb later than it is to find rbs.

As you've said, there's value in being able to have 1 guy do what it could take 3 to get done. But, I think it's more difficult to find that one pass rusher or qb than it is rb.

Basically, it's positional value to me.

DJ's left nut
05-19-2016, 09:18 AM
This is all true.

It's easier to find all around players earlier. But in my opinion, it's easier to find capable backs later to assemble my 2 or whatever guus that can play. Some of that stuff I can teach them to do (pass protections, blocking etc). You can find capable backs late in every draft.

I think it's alot more difficult to find say, capable qbs or capable olb later than it is to find rbs.

As you've said, there's value in being able to have 1 guy do what it could take 3 to get done. But, I think it's more difficult to find that one pass rusher or qb than it is rb.

Basically, it's positional value to me.

'One pass rusher' isn't an all around player; it's a pass rusher. And it's not common to find a 'do everything' pass rusher in the late 1st. Justin Houston's don't come along everyday.

I just don't think you're holding every position to the same standard. A CB that's as good in press as he is in zone, as good in coverage as he is in run support, plays physical but has good closing speed - those guys aren't popping up in the 3rd. A 3-down ILB isn't popping up in the 3rd. Those guys are going way high in the draft and it's a very similar story for RBs.

I think the RB positions is slowly morphing into an extreme market inefficiency. I don't think you can get a guy that projects to be a rounded OLB in the mid-late 20s these days. Or a premier shutdown CB. I don't think you find many positions with prospects that project to be top 5 guys past the teens; I'm not so sure that's the case at RB.

Every position has guys that outplay their projections but when you're talking draft value, don't you have to stay w/ their projected value?

O.city
05-19-2016, 11:55 AM
'One pass rusher' isn't an all around player; it's a pass rusher. And it's not common to find a 'do everything' pass rusher in the late 1st. Justin Houston's don't come along everyday.

I just don't think you're holding every position to the same standard. A CB that's as good in press as he is in zone, as good in coverage as he is in run support, plays physical but has good closing speed - those guys aren't popping up in the 3rd. A 3-down ILB isn't popping up in the 3rd. Those guys are going way high in the draft and it's a very similar story for RBs.

I think the RB positions is slowly morphing into an extreme market inefficiency. I don't think you can get a guy that projects to be a rounded OLB in the mid-late 20s these days. Or a premier shutdown CB. I don't think you find many positions with prospects that project to be top 5 guys past the teens; I'm not so sure that's the case at RB.

Every position has guys that outplay their projections but when you're talking draft value, don't you have to stay w/ their projected value?

Well, I think we're getting into alot of stuff that's more development than what they're actually coming in with. Alot of those late round picks are gonna be guys that need to be developed one way or another, or they wouldn't be available there.

But that's a different conversation all together, that the teams that seem to draft the best actually develop the best.

I do think obviously the firat round is your best place to find the best talent, I just don't know that great running back talent is that much more valuable than simply good running back talent.

Dave Lane
05-19-2016, 08:57 PM
I'd imagine chiefs 2017 draft could or should look like

QB
Edge
Wr

This will never ever happen.

O.city
05-20-2016, 10:57 AM
Demarcus walker is very intriguing to me. He abused Miami last year.

staylor26
05-20-2016, 11:16 AM
Demarcus walker is very intriguing to me. He abused Miami last year.

I like Walker, he's just a tweener. He's too undersized to be an every down DL, but yet not quite athletic enough to play OLB. I'd say value wise, he's a similar prospect to Sheldon Day. He'd be a great mid round pick.

O.city
05-20-2016, 11:28 AM
I like Walker, he's just a tweener. He's too undersized to be an every down DL, but yet not quite athletic enough to play OLB. I'd say value wise, he's a similar prospect to Sheldon Day. He'd be a great mid round pick.

If he could add 10 pounds, he'd be nice.

Looks more of a fit in a 43 under type dl where he can attack but he's really good.

staylor26
05-20-2016, 11:35 AM
If he could add 10 pounds, he'd be nice.

Looks more of a fit in a 43 under type dl where he can attack but he's really good.

Yea I agree that's where he fits best. He could be a really good interior pass rusher in sub packages.

DJ's left nut
05-20-2016, 01:11 PM
Yea I agree that's where he fits best. He could be a really good interior pass rusher in sub packages.

So this year's Jonathan Bullard...

O.city
05-20-2016, 01:20 PM
He looks a little Grady Jarret ish to me. Which is nice

staylor26
05-20-2016, 01:23 PM
So this year's Jonathan Bullard...

I liked Bullard a little more, but I can dig that comparison! I'd say somewhere in between Bullard and Day.

staylor26
05-21-2016, 02:43 PM
Added:

4. Shalom Luani, S, Washington St.- this guys has great range, good ball skills, and brings the wood. Really liked him after watching just one game. Enough to put him at #4 for now.

O.city
05-23-2016, 09:07 AM
Man, this might be the best rb class in a while. So much talent therr.

Pass rushers look pretty deep as of right now as well.

staylor26
05-23-2016, 12:43 PM
Man, this might be the best rb class in a while. So much talent therr.

Pass rushers look pretty deep as of right now as well.

Definitely the strength of this class. I'm hoping we use a day 1/2 pick on both positions.

O.city
05-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Definitely the strength of this class. I'm hoping we use a day 1/2 pick on both positions.

I'm hoping ware and west continue to grow and the rb spot is locked foe a while.

I'm interested in the olb here in this draft and the wr.

But I'm sure we will have some big hole shape up during the year

Hammock Parties
05-24-2016, 11:31 AM
What a garbage QB class.

On the other hand, the Chiefs should seriously think about taking Charles replacement. That is a DEEP RB class.

staylor26
05-31-2016, 12:03 PM
Added:

Tanner Valejo, LB, Boise State- another WILB type with very good speed and ability to drop back into coverage. Very quickly gets depth when dropping back. Solid run defender also.

A lot of talk about how good this RB and EDGE class is going to be, but I don't think the LB class is too far behind. I have no doubt we'll be drafting DJ's future replacement with one of our many picks.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-31-2016, 10:38 PM
Mason Rudolph*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_Tomahawk
06-02-2016, 01:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000665982?campaign=tw-nf-sf27733183-sf27733183

staylor26
07-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Bump

ChiefAshhole1056
07-13-2016, 11:49 AM
I could see the offensive styles of the league start to change the next few years due to this influx of RB talent. It's been majority passing these few years and honestly I think it has more to do with a vast difference in talent in the QB position compared to the RB position.

Now that the Brady's, Mannings, Big Bens, and Rivers of the world are getting older and leaving while we have these massive talents coming through at the RB position, I could see teams going back to the running based offenses because thats where the talent is shifting toward.

I mean think about it, how many true first round talents have come through at the RB position this past decade? We may have 4 RBs truely worth a 1st round pick in this draft alone.

DJ's left nut
07-19-2016, 09:41 AM
What a garbage QB class.

On the other hand, the Chiefs should seriously think about taking Charles replacement. That is a DEEP RB class.

Would it really be surprising to see Ware emerge as a legitimate Charles replacement?

His agility floored me last year. Some of the jump cuts he made seemed straight out of a video game. He showed very solid long speed and plus power.

He looked a lot like Lamar Miller to me. I'd really like to see him get in the 150 touch range but I don't see a way to make that happen with a healthy Charles (which brings me back to my "Jamaal Charles as the X receiver campaign....")

With the depth at the position, maybe there's a cheaper option that will be there in the 3rd that can do the job, but RBs are actually becoming pretty cheap in the open market. If I can get a replacement for Fulton or a replacement for Charles, I'll take the replacement for Fulton and take my chances on re-signing Ware.

O.city
07-19-2016, 09:46 AM
Would it really be surprising to see Ware emerge as a legitimate Charles replacement?

His agility floored me last year. Some of the jump cuts he made seemed straight out of a video game. He showed very solid long speed and plus power.

He looked a lot like Lamar Miller to me. I'd really like to see him get in the 150 touch range but I don't see a way to make that happen with a healthy Charles (which brings me back to my "Jamaal Charles as the X receiver campaign....")

With the depth at the position, maybe there's a cheaper option that will be there in the 3rd that can do the job, but RBs are actually becoming pretty cheap in the open market. If I can get a replacement for Fulton or a replacement for Charles, I'll take the replacement for Fulton and take my chances on re-signing Ware.

Didn't we already resign ware?

I hadn't thought of Charles at the x, but I think it would be a pretty awesome situation to have him play DAT role some. Those jet sweeps and jet motion becomes even more dangerous with charles running it, with ware behind smith.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-26-2016, 06:52 AM
This team is lethal O

BleedingRed
08-03-2016, 10:20 AM
The RB's are deep AF, watch to of them taken in top 10 next year

kccrow
08-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Priest Holmes lovers should really keep their eyes on Kareem Hunt from Toledo. He's a bit faster than Priest I think, but he has that balance, vision, and ability to set up blocks just like him. I really like the kid.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Priest Holmes lovers should really keep their eyes on Kareem Hunt from Toledo. He's a bit faster than Priest I think, but he has that balance, vision, and ability to set up blocks just like him. I really like the kid.

Yea Hunt is intriguing and likely to be a great value in a stacked RB class.

O.city
08-03-2016, 01:49 PM
I'm excited to watch juju

Dante84
08-06-2016, 12:45 AM
Well shit. If we are near the end of the first, who do we take?

Our only holes are potentially edge of the future, star WR2, star TE2. Maybe safety?

kccrow
08-06-2016, 08:35 AM
I'm excited to watch juju

expecting KC to have a top 10 pick next year? hell, kid is probably going top 5.

O.city
08-06-2016, 09:59 AM
expecting KC to have a top 10 pick next year? hell, kid is probably going top 5.

No, I doubt they do. Hope not atleast.

I'm just excited to watch him

kccrow
08-06-2016, 08:26 PM
No, I doubt they do. Hope not atleast.

I'm just excited to watch him

Should be exciting, kid is good. Looks like a Dez Bryant clone.

The kid from Western Michigan is more electric though, really a treat to watch him play.

staylor26
08-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Should be exciting, kid is good. Looks like a Dez Bryant clone.

The kid from Western Michigan is more electric though, really a treat to watch him play.

Corey Davis is the tits.

O.city
08-07-2016, 08:28 AM
I'm kind of eyeing Jamal Adams as a berry replacement though

staylor26
08-07-2016, 10:22 AM
I'm kind of eyeing Jamal Adams as a berry replacement though

That would be fantastic, but he'll likely be out of our range.

Shalom Luani is a guy you might be interested in.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/shalom-luani-vs-oregon-state-2015/

O.city
08-07-2016, 10:49 AM
That would be fantastic, but he'll likely be out of our range.

Shalom Luani is a guy you might be interested in.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/shalom-luani-vs-oregon-state-2015/

Possible. I haven't looked at any projections yet

staylor26
08-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Possible. I haven't looked at any projections yet

Probably not a 1st rounder, but he'd be a great value in the 2nd. He's a beast. Makes a lot of plays and big hits in that game I posted.

O.city
08-09-2016, 11:22 AM
I'm also interested to see if Harris from Mu is athletic enough to stand up at OLb.

O.city
08-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Nate gerry. Safety from Nebraska apparently is a good player?

kccrow
08-11-2016, 10:48 AM
Nate gerry. Safety from Nebraska apparently is a good player?

Single-high type. Definitely. 9 ints over the last 2 seasons (5 in 14, 4 in 15).

CBS has him as the 10th ranked SS, but if he has another season like the past 2, I can't see him not being top 5 at the position. Kid was a 100-meter track champ in SD in HS (10.28) and reportedly ran a 4.42 coming into Nebraska.

staylor26
08-11-2016, 11:16 AM
Haven't got around to watching Gerry. I will soon and add him into my rankings, since safety will be a high priority next year.

milkman
08-13-2016, 09:01 AM
Haven't got around to watching Gerry. I will soon and add him into my rankings, since safety will be a high priority next year.

That may not be the case.

This might already be a pretty solid safety group.

staylor26
08-13-2016, 09:50 AM
That may not be the case.

This might already be a pretty solid safety group.

I should have said "could". I fully expect Murray to be Berry's replacement and a good one, but I still think we'll take a safety somewhere on day 2.

O.city
08-18-2016, 01:09 PM
I have dreams of Charles harris, Ford and Houston for the next 3 or 4 years rushing the passer.

Maybe not ford, but still

O.city
08-23-2016, 07:45 PM
Justun evans is another safety I've been seeing named around. Someone needs to watch him

RunKC
08-29-2016, 09:30 PM
If Ford flops, I'd package picks to move up to take Tim Williams or Derek Barnett. Imagine adding one of those guys to Houston, Howard, Poe and Jones.

kccrow
08-30-2016, 07:57 PM
If Ford flops, I'd package picks to move up to take Tim Williams or Derek Barnett. Imagine adding one of those guys to Houston, Howard, Poe and Jones.

Not sure Barnett has the arm length Dorsey looks for. I wouldn't mind Williams. I don't know if you have to move up for them or not. We'll see.

I'd love to move up for Charles Harris but that'd probably take a huge trade. Kid looks like a man already.

BryanBusby
09-04-2016, 04:10 PM
I'm also interested to see if Harris from Mu is athletic enough to stand up at OLb.
I think he is and will end up being a good value draft choice.

O.city
09-06-2016, 01:29 PM
Myles Garrett looks like a first overall pick kind of prospect. Like, up there with von miller kind of rusher.

Damn

staylor26
09-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Myles Garrett looks like a first overall pick kind of prospect. Like, up there with von miller kind of rusher.

Damn

Carl Lawson isn't far behind, if he could just stay healthy.

O.city
09-07-2016, 08:37 AM
Yeah, Lawson was awesome against clemson.

Gonna be a good year for pass rushers

staylor26
09-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Yeah, Lawson was awesome against clemson.

Gonna be a good year for pass rushers

And I think we'll get one of them. Have to hope for Harris or Fields.

RunKC
09-07-2016, 10:54 AM
With Kizer coming into the fold, Chad Kelly and Brad Kaaya will likely be the 3/4 QB's in this draft.

Kaaya apparently has had no issue with Mark Richt's pro style offense. He's athletic, smart and has a good arm.

Would love to draft him and sit him a year or 2, which would be great for him. He turned 21 last week. Young kid.

O.city
09-07-2016, 11:08 AM
Chad Kelly is pretty meh to me. Kizer is a stud, and Kaaya might be something someday.

staylor26
09-07-2016, 11:12 AM
I've thought Kaaya was a future NFL QB going back to his high school tape. He needs to make a significant jump this year to justify the hype, but I think he will. It was pretty obvious from the first game that the difference in coaching is HUGE. Richt will turn Kaaya into a legitimate 1st round pick, and potential franchise QB.

O.city
09-08-2016, 08:40 AM
I've thought Kaaya was a future NFL QB going back to his high school tape. He needs to make a significant jump this year to justify the hype, but I think he will. It was pretty obvious from the first game that the difference in coaching is HUGE. Richt will turn Kaaya into a legitimate 1st round pick, and potential franchise QB.

He's so hot and cold. He also seems to have a bit of a windup from time to time, or maybe that's just me.

First game in new system so he was indecisive, which is understandable, but he's got a ways to go before I'd spend a 1st on him.

O.city
09-08-2016, 08:41 AM
He's a freshman, but the qb from FSU is gonna be really good.

O.city
09-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Isiah ford from VA tech keeps popping out. Looks good, anyone know anything about him?

staylor26
09-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Isiah ford from VA tech keeps popping out. Looks good, anyone know anything about him?

Didn't include him in my rankings because I wasn't confident he'd progress enough to come out early, but it's certainly a possibility if he keeps it up.

O.city
09-10-2016, 09:50 PM
He looked nice when I caught some of that game..

Kaaya looked rough again from the little I read and what I watched. I dunno, I'm not overly impressed with him. Hopefully he improves as it goes along.

staylor26
09-10-2016, 10:58 PM
He looked nice when I caught some of that game..

Kaaya looked rough again from the little I read and what I watched. I dunno, I'm not overly impressed with him. Hopefully he improves as it goes along.

Very dissapponted with Kaaya this week. It just sucks because we literally have shit at WR and TE, so it's hard to fairly judge him. Easily the worst group of weapons in the passing game that I've ever seen on a Canes team. It's like the Chiefs before Maclin.

Mark Walton, Sophomore RB, is a stud though. Future 2nd round pick.

Sandy Vagina
09-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Kendall Beckwith from LSU seems too low on your list.

staylor26
09-17-2016, 11:33 AM
Kendall Beckwith from LSU seems too low on your list.

He's a 2 down player from what I've seen. Those other guys are 3 down LB's.

O.city
09-17-2016, 02:09 PM
Fields is a stud. Off field might be scary though

staylor26
09-17-2016, 03:06 PM
Fields is a stud. Off field might be scary though

Yea just have to wait on the pre draft process to dig more into the character stuff, but he's a top 15 talent.

Did you see Kaaya today? Had one brain fart in the rz, but he made some fantastic NFL throws. One of them was after the pick I was alluding to. Great answer after that mistake.

O.city
09-17-2016, 03:25 PM
I watched it on and off. I'm just pretty cold on Kaaya. Maybe get him in the system but he's still pretty raw

staylor26
09-17-2016, 03:25 PM
Eddie Jackskon is special. Can't believe he isn't everybody's top safety.

O.city
09-17-2016, 05:00 PM
I like Calvin ridley alot

O.city
09-17-2016, 08:16 PM
Charles Harris is abusing Georgia.

I like that MU has him stand up at OLB some. Beckner is gonna be a really good one for Mu

staylor26
09-17-2016, 08:48 PM
Kaaya throws:

https://twitter.com/PeterAriz/status/777215187191562240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/PeterAriz/status/777210793003712513?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

OldSchool
09-18-2016, 02:07 AM
Baker Mayfield is having a pretty shitty year.

Sandy Vagina
09-18-2016, 08:41 AM
He's a 2 down player from what I've seen. Those other guys are 3 down LB's.

ah.. you could be right. I have been wrong enough about the ILB prospects lately as to keep an open mind, and not shut your assessment completely down.

kccrow
09-22-2016, 02:10 AM
Raekwon McMillan, most complete linebacker I've seen in years. Stud. Ideal size.

Might wanna add Anthony Walker from Northwestern to that list though, kids a smaller rangy LB that can flat play. (Might want to put him pretty high on that list to boot ;))

O.city
09-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Edge rushers are looking good for the Chiefs.

RunKC
09-22-2016, 01:48 PM
If we could nab a QB like Kaaya and have Devonte Fields fall to us in round 2, I'd be ecstatic.