PDA

View Full Version : Life Beginning stages of a LONG road trip

pr_capone
05-21-2016, 03:26 PM
For the longest time now I've been talking to the wife about taking a really long ride on the motorcycle, riding the Dragon's Tail at Deal's Gap, and perhaps even completing the Saddle Sore 1000 mile challenge where you ride 1k miles in fewer than 24 hours. Got laid off so I have some time. Got waterproof gear. Got a GoPro camera attached to my helmet. Gonna do it.

This trip begins at 10pm on July the 5th. I need to get to Illinois within 24 hours of wall time to complete the Saddle Sore challenge. From there... it is a tour around the middle and eastern US.

1st stop - Chicago (catching a Cubs v Braves game... first Braves game ever, the Sears Tower, and some local fare)
2nd stop - Cleveland (Pro Football HoF, Cuyahoga Train ride, Lake Erie, DT Cleveland, and local fare)
3rd stop - North New Jersey (Visiting family, Atlantic City, local fare)
4th stop - Virginia Beach (Visiting friend in Navy, touring an old war ship, hanging out)
5th stop - Atlanta (catching my first Braves home game!)
6th stop - Tail of the Dragon (318 turns in an 11 mile stretch of highway)
7th stop - Sikeston, MO (meeting family there... eating at the original Lambert's!)
8th stop - Wichita (staying with family)
9th stop - Denver (back home)

Total miles traveled - 4,458

As for the Saddle Sore Challenge... this is my itinerary

Denver to Chicago – Iron Butt Challenge
Stage 1: Depart Home at 10PM – Arrive in Ft. Collins at 11:20 PM
Stage 2: Depart Ft. Collins, CO at 11:30 PM – Arrive in Sterling, CO at 1:20 AM
Stage 3: Depart Sterling, CO at 1:40 AM – Arrive in North Platte, NE at 4:50
Stage 4: North Platte at 5:10 AM – Arrive in Grand Island, NE at 7:30 AM
Stage 5: Depart Grand Island, NE at 7:50 AM – Arrive in Council Bluffs, IA at 10:30 AM
Stage 6: Depart Council Bluffs, IA at 10:50 AM – Arrive in Altoona, IA at 1:10 PM
Stage 7: Depart Altoona, IA at 1:30 PM – Arrive in Davenport, IA at 4:10 PM
Stage 8: Depart Davenport, IA at 4:40 PM – Arrive in Aurora, IL at 7PM

Total miles traveled to complete challenge - 1,038

___

I will have a link available the day I leave with a link to track my progress. Below is what I will be doing this all on.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-21-2016, 03:28 PM
If you try to drive that far on a motorcycle you'll die .

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-21-2016, 03:32 PM
Driving sucks. Pass.

stevieray
05-21-2016, 03:43 PM
If you try to drive that far on a motorcycle you'll die .

I rode from Phoenix to Denver in one day...18 hours. Last hour was brutal.

Safe travels, Pr....take ur bass.

eDave
05-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Driving sucks. Pass.

I love cross country trips. One of my favorite things actually. Heading to Morrison, CO next Saturday then onto KC, stopping in Dodge City for a moment.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-21-2016, 03:48 PM
I love cross country trips. One of my favorite things actually. Heading to Morrison, CO next Saturday then onto KC, stopping in Dodge City for a moment.

I liked it when I was younger.

DaNewGuy
05-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Driving sucks. Pass.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jl-xtCO-_wU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
05-21-2016, 04:31 PM
Laid off from marijuana and now doing long cross-country drives? Even if you need money, being a drug mule is no way to live.

Dave Lane
05-21-2016, 06:35 PM
I do that every month. Come along we can split gas :)

DaNewGuy
05-21-2016, 07:58 PM
Dude Jacksonville ain't that far of a drive for me man. Might have to come say what's up

TimeForWasp
05-21-2016, 09:32 PM
Long way to go. Be carefullhttp://www.vonpixel.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Dumb-and-Dumber-Scooter-Faces.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
05-21-2016, 09:46 PM

Aren't you the creepo that considers people you road stalk new driving buddies ROFL

Buehler445
05-21-2016, 10:11 PM

Why Dodge? I'm not far from there if you need a detour.

scho63
05-22-2016, 10:44 AM
If you drive that far and pass through D.C. I would be happy to meet up with you for dinner or drinks. Can show you around the area.

wheeler08
05-22-2016, 11:09 AM
I rode from Indy to Gettysburg, then to Skyline Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway. Rode the Parkway all the way down to Tail of the Dragon. While at the Dragon, ride the Cherohala Skyway, its beautiful!
Don't try to ride to much in one day. We rode from sun up to sun down. It bout killed me.

SAUTO
05-22-2016, 11:13 AM
Aren't you the creepo that considers people you road stalk new driving buddies ROFL

I drive a lot and he's right. There are a ton of games played by drivers.

Block jobbers.ass riders, come on overs...

patteeu
05-22-2016, 11:50 AM
That first leg sounds brutal to me. glhf

Hydrae
05-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Don't ride bikes but love long trips. Did a round trip from Austin to Grand Rapids last year. Will be headed to Macungie Pennsylvania this August with my dad pulling an antique car for the show there.

The longest though was back in 1990 when three of us went from Oregon to Orlando and then back up to Columbia Mo. About 10,000 miles in 30 days in a camper van. Greatest trip ever!

pr_capone
05-22-2016, 12:14 PM
Changes to schedule have already been made.

First leg of the trip will begin on July 6th and I will travel from Denver to Ft. Collins, then to onto Chicago. (1,015 Mi).

eDave
05-22-2016, 12:38 PM
I drive a lot and he's right. There are a ton of games played by drivers.

Block jobbers.ass riders, come on overs...

I'm being misunderstood here. There is a language and way of the road and I like it.

I'm not this guy:

http://news.wyotech.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/dueltruck.jpg

pr_capone
05-22-2016, 01:09 PM
Updated the OP with latest info. Dates and requests for meetups.

Mi_chief_fan
05-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Chicago to Cleveland is quite a bit more than 140 miles.

pr_capone
05-22-2016, 01:22 PM
Chicago to Cleveland is quite a bit more than 140 miles.

Indeed... I superimposed the 140 from Cleveland to Pitt

SAUTO
05-22-2016, 03:32 PM
I'm being misunderstood here. There is a language and way of the road and I like it.

I'm not this guy:

http://news.wyotech.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/dueltruck.jpg

I understood. Just adding my 1 cent lol

Rain Man
05-22-2016, 07:24 PM
Changes to schedule have already been made.

First leg of the trip will begin on July 6th and I will travel from Denver to Ft. Collins, then to onto Chicago. (1,015 Mi).

Maybe we should meet while you're in Denver. You know, on your road trip.

Rain Man
05-22-2016, 07:26 PM
That first leg sounds brutal to me. glhf

Yeah, I don't understand a goal of driving until you're exhausted. I thought the goal of a road trip was to explore different places. But I guess some people just like driving. I'll take the train any day.

DaneMcCloud
05-22-2016, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I don't understand a goal of driving until you're exhausted.

I think it depends on the circumstances.

When I've driven from LA to KC, I try to go as long as possible without stopping for the night. I've done the 24 hour drive and I've split it up.

If I'm doing a true road trip, as in seeing the sites between LA and KC, the plan was to stop every four or five hours, take in the local scene, spend the night and head on for another four hours or so.

Back in '98, we did the Grand Canyon, Albuquerque, El Paso, Okie City, KC, Colorado Springs, Denver, Grand Junction, SLC, Vegas, then home.

But I have no problem racing from LA to KC asap.

Gonzo
05-22-2016, 10:07 PM
I drove from Omaha to LA then to SF a few months ago. I was in an SUV and it was exhausting. I can't imagine doing that shit on a bike.

Fat Elvis
05-22-2016, 10:42 PM
This is an incredibly bad idea.

Get all your bucket list stuff done before your trip and make sure you take out a life insurance policy because that schedule will literally kill you.

When you are on a bike you need your wits about you at all times, and that ain't gonna happen with your timelines. The fatigue becomes cumulative and you are doing things in between your rides rather than resting up.

I am all for long distance rides, but make sure you know your limits. Be willing to adjust your schedule. Maybe you are young and dumb and can pull it off; I'm just an old man who knows that even 25 years ago that ride would be a struggle. Part of the ride is taking it all in--slow down and enjoy it.

Chiefshrink
05-22-2016, 11:28 PM

Morrison from where ? i thought you lived in KC ?

Chiefshrink
05-22-2016, 11:29 PM

Get all your bucket list stuff done before your trip and make sure you take out a life insurance policy because that schedule will literally kill you.

When you are on a bike you need your wits about you at all times, and that ain't gonna happen with your timelines. The fatigue becomes cumulative and you are doing things in between your rides rather than resting up.

I am all for long distance rides, but make sure you know your limits. Be willing to adjust your schedule. Maybe you are young and dumb and can pull it off; I'm just an old man who knows that even 25 years ago that ride would be a struggle. Part of the ride is taking it all in--slow down and enjoy it.

Wisdom !!:clap:

pr_capone
05-23-2016, 12:43 AM
Yeah, I don't understand a goal of driving until you're exhausted. I thought the goal of a road trip was to explore different places. But I guess some people just like driving. I'll take the train any day.

I'm doing that first stretch strictly to complete the Saddle Sore 1000 challenge where a person rides 1000 miles in 24 hours.

I also would not be able to see everything, and everyone, I'm going to see had I flown or taken a train as the cost wouldn't even compare. As it stands... I will travel 4,300 miles for about $1,300 including gas, food, lodging, and spending money by making this trip on the motorcycle.

I'm also staying in town long enough to catch the highlights of each city so I get to go touristing on my own single seater cycle. I guess I'm doing this more for the experience than anything else.

Shit... it isn't like I have a child at home to take care of. I may as well take advantage of the fact that life has decided I have expendable time and income.

pr_capone
05-23-2016, 12:46 AM

Still in the planning stages and things will certainly be shifted as needed. My first stop is aware I may need an extra day to get myself back together before plowing into Cleveland. I hope not... but it is possible. I may even take off a day earlier to ensure I have enough time to pull it off.

Dayze
05-23-2016, 07:07 AM
I drove from Fresno to fort Collins CO in one shot. I was so jacked up to be out o the military and finally being able to come home that I just kept going. Finally was too tired to drive by the time I hit fort Collins.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lzen
05-23-2016, 08:04 AM
My BIL was going to take that 24 hour, 1000 mile challenge last year. I advised strongly against it. That is a lot of miles for one day on a bike. Good luck and God bless.

Halfcan
05-23-2016, 09:57 AM
Looks like some fun trips. I am leaving friday for a nearly one month trip. Going to travel up the Outer banks of the Carolina's and spend some time with my son in Virgina on the Navel base were he is a Electrical Engineer for the Navy. Hitting 5 National parks and at least 10 states. Probably about 50 beaches up the coast-camping right out on the beach.

Fat Elvis
05-23-2016, 11:30 AM
One other thing to remember is that America's infrastructure today isn't what it used to be; some major highways are comparable to riding in a back alley and if you are familiar with that particular stretch of road, it can make for a pretty unpleasant experience.

I remember one time riding through Oregon after about 13 hours on a bike going through a pass at night with lots of road construction. I couldn't tell where the cones were veering (and they were going all over the place on a winding road), there was no passing and I had a semi bearing down on my ass. The kicker: The roadsign warnings were a picture of a wavy road with a motorcycle flying through the air.

Rather not do that again.

Dave Lane
05-23-2016, 04:03 PM
1000 miles in a day is a thing? I do it twice a month. It only takes 18 hours if you glue yourself to the wheel. :D

patteeu
05-23-2016, 04:30 PM
1000 miles in a day is a thing? I do it twice a month. It only takes 18 hours if you glue yourself to the wheel. :D

I think it's only a thing if you do it on a motorcycle. What's your 1000 mile, twice a month trip about?

lewdog
05-23-2016, 06:24 PM

Sounds like you're a mule for a Mexican drug ring.

NTTIAWWT

Rain Man
05-23-2016, 06:41 PM
One other thing to remember is that America's infrastructure today isn't what it used to be; some major highways are comparable to riding in a back alley and if you are familiar with that particular stretch of road, it can make for a pretty unpleasant experience.

I remember one time riding through Oregon after about 13 hours on a bike going through a pass at night with lots of road construction. I couldn't tell where the cones were veering (and they were going all over the place on a winding road), there was no passing and I had a semi bearing down on my ass. The kicker: The roadsign warnings were a picture of a wavy road with a motorcycle flying through the air.

Rather not do that again.

I was in Michigan last year, driving at night through some small town and they had construction cones and jersey barriers all over the place at a big and confusing intersection with a state highway. I couldn't tell where I was going as I made my left turn and had a bad feeling.

Sure enough, I was on the wrong side of a jersey barrier. I couldn't see the eastbound lanes and pulled into the westbound lanes instead, thinking it wasn't a divided road. When I saw headlights coming toward me I figured it out immediately and zipped onto the shoulder and sat until I could make a u-turn. I'd never done that before and it was not a good feeling.

I don't enjoy driving at night in strange places. Plus, things are just different in a weird way. I was in some city a while back and the left turn lane suddenly gave me a flashing red arrow. What does that even mean? It wasn't a red light. It was flashing, so I decided that it was basically equivalent to a stop sign. But I'd never seen such a thing before.

Fat Elvis
05-23-2016, 08:51 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lydBPm2KRaU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud
05-23-2016, 08:54 PM

I've done the 1,600 mile, 23 hour KC to LA drive too many times to count, most recently in 2011.

That said, I'm getting to old for that shit. 12 hours a day is enough.

:D

pr_capone
05-25-2016, 02:19 PM
Atlanta is a go.

Updated the schedule. Now I get to start planning a detailed itinerary of when I leave and how much time I have to do things.

http://www.grahamchamber.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/TailoftheDragon.jpg

kcfanXIII
05-25-2016, 02:56 PM
PR, don't let these naysayers deter you. The Iron Butt is going to be the hardest part of your trip. I came close once, I did 750 miles in about 17 hours. It wasn't planned, we just got sidetracked on the way home. We weren't keeping track officially, if we were, I would have done the last 250 miles. Stay rested, and watch for jagoffs in cages on the highway. I am jealous of this long trip, I need to plan one out and do it.

Dave Lane
05-25-2016, 04:40 PM
I've done the 1,600 mile, 23 hour KC to LA drive too many times to count, most recently in 2011.

That said, I'm getting to old for that shit. 12 hours a day is enough.

:D

KC to LA is a beast. Drove the southern route during the winter one year. Took 3 days and 2 of us teamed up to never stop other than for one dinner.

patteeu
05-25-2016, 04:44 PM
KC to LA is a beast. Drove the southern route during the winter one year. Took 3 days and 2 of us teamed up to never stop other than for one dinner.

Why did it take so long if you never stopped? Does the southern route cross the equator? :p

Dave Lane
05-25-2016, 04:44 PM
I think it's only a thing if you do it on a motorcycle. What's your 1000 mile, twice a month trip about?

KC to Moab and then to a National Park.

Stuff like this from near Moab

Dave Lane
05-25-2016, 04:46 PM
Why did it take so long if you never stopped? Does the southern route cross the equator? :p

It was January and there was a winter storm right behind us but the bridges were icing up and we could only do about 45 so we didn't hit a patch of ice.

eDave
05-25-2016, 05:09 PM
KC to Moab and then to a National Park.

Stuff like this from near Moab

I'm rolling through there in my way to KC on Saturday. I prefer to drive at night but not this time. PHX-Morrison-Dodge City-KC. Southern route coming back. I can do that nonstop but it's dangerous for other drivers for the last few hours. Once I hit Flagstaff though, I come alive.

dirk digler
05-25-2016, 05:27 PM
Good luck and be safe.

I am planning out my longest road trip yet (not on a bike) for next fall. Going to try home-Denver-Grand Junction - Durango- Moab - Zion - Grand Canyon - Flagstaff (or someplace better)- Albuquerque - home.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rain Man
05-25-2016, 05:32 PM
Good luck and be safe.

I am planning out my longest road trip yet (not on a bike) for next fall. Going to try home-Denver-Grand Junction - Durango- Moab - Zion - Grand Canyon - Flagstaff (or someplace better)- Albuquerque - home.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We may see each other. My wife and I are doing a road trip in the fall from Denver to Mesa Verde to the Grand Canyon to Sedona to Abiquiu (Taos area) and back.

Moab and Zion will be great for you, and be sure to go into Arches National Park, which is spectacular. If you have time, you should definitely stop at Bryce Canyon along the way since it's in between those two parks. You won't be quite on the right route for Monument Valley, but it's close. Instead of Albuquerque on the way back, you should consider cutting northeast and going through Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, and Telluride. But if you prefer east, I'd recommend Santa Fe or the Taos area. Sandia Peak is kind of the only cool thing in Albuquerque.

I'm looking forward to Mesa Verde. I've been meaning to go there for years and it's never worked out.

dirk digler
05-25-2016, 06:00 PM
We may see each other. My wife and I are doing a road trip in the fall from Denver to Mesa Verde to the Grand Canyon to Sedona to Abiquiu (Taos area) and back.

Moab and Zion will be great for you, and be sure to go into Arches National Park, which is spectacular. If you have time, you should definitely stop at Bryce Canyon along the way since it's in between those two parks. You won't be quite on the right route for Monument Valley, but it's close. Instead of Albuquerque on the way back, you should consider cutting northeast and going through Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, and Telluride. But if you prefer east, I'd recommend Santa Fe or the Taos area. Sandia Peak is kind of the only cool thing in Albuquerque.

I'm looking forward to Mesa Verde. I've been meaning to go there for years and it's never worked out.

Thanks for the suggestions! I am planning on going early September and do some backpacking\hiking in Arches and Zion so I am really looking forward to this. Looking at the map I misspoke I am going to Sedona instead of Flagstaff. I heard that area is nice.

Also after re-reading your post I looked at my plan and I had us going to Telluride\Durango\Mesa Verde after a stop over in Grand Junction.

patteeu
05-26-2016, 07:33 AM
It was January and there was a winter storm right behind us but the bridges were icing up and we could only do about 45 so we didn't hit a patch of ice.

It sucks driving through winter storms. I drove from St. Louis to Kansas City in Feb 2015 during one of the worst ice storms of that winter and a couple of interstate closings later, it took me over 8 hours to get home.

patteeu
05-26-2016, 07:36 AM

Mesa Verde is a really neat place.

kcfanXIII
05-26-2016, 09:48 AM
I would suggest making your way through north west Arkansas. You should be able to do it between Nashville and Wichita. The biways through the southern Ozarks are amazing roads to ride, and the locals treat bikers like royalty. You won't be sorry.

pr_capone
05-26-2016, 11:18 AM
I would suggest making your way through north west Arkansas. You should be able to do it between Nashville and Wichita. The biways through the southern Ozarks are amazing roads to ride, and the locals treat bikers like royalty. You won't be sorry.

I've actually been thinking about that since google maps gave me NW Ark as a possible route. One route had me going through Springfield, another through KC, and the last through Ft. Smith.

Nashville to Springfield to Wichita is 673 miles and about 11 hours.

Nashvile to Ft Smith to Wichita is 792 miles and about 12 hours.

I have concerns regarding the number of twisties that deep into a ride but something to consider for sure.

kcfanXIII
05-26-2016, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't take the extra time to do interstate. Sounds like its got you taking I40 across the state. If you were to take the extra time to cut through Arkansas, you'd need to go up the scenic byways route, and pick up I49/US71 west of Eureka Springs. Lots of twisties though, and I didn't think about it being the end of the trip.

Dinny Bossa Nova
05-27-2016, 06:16 PM
I'm rolling through there in my way to KC on Saturday. I prefer to drive at night but not this time. PHX-Morrison-Dodge City-KC. Southern route coming back. I can do that nonstop but it's dangerous for other drivers for the last few hours. Once I hit Flagstaff though, I come alive.

If you are travelling through Springtown, stop in and we'll play some guitars.

Check your rep.

Dinny

eDave
05-27-2016, 06:18 PM
If you are travelling through Springtown, stop in and we'll play some guitars.

Check your rep.

Dinny

Springtown? I did mean Moab, UT.

Hitting the road in the morning.

SAUTO
05-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Big car show in.springfield this weekend.

Perineum Ripper
05-27-2016, 06:44 PM
I found on a bike if I travel for 2 hours and take a break it makes the miles go by a little faster and makes days easier

Dinny Bossa Nova
05-27-2016, 06:55 PM
Big car show in.springfield this weekend.

You coming down?

check yo rep

Dinny

SAUTO
05-27-2016, 07:03 PM
You coming down?

check yo rep

Dinny

Dunno yet. Supposed to go out on a floating prostitute, thinking car show might sound better.

The water is cold still

Fat Elvis
05-27-2016, 07:04 PM
I found on a bike if I travel for 2 hours and take a break it makes the miles go by a little faster and makes days easier

Yep.

Rain Man
05-27-2016, 07:35 PM

How long is the break? I would do a road trip like that in a car if the break is overnight.

Perineum Ripper
05-27-2016, 08:19 PM
How long is the break? I would do a road trip like that in a car if the break is overnight.

For me I take 10-20 min..but I can see how overnight would have its advantages

pr_capone
05-28-2016, 01:11 AM
For me I take 10-20 min..but I can see how overnight would have its advantages

I'm building in a 15 minute stop at every fuel stop.

pr_capone
07-03-2016, 10:50 PM
47 hours until I begin this adventure.

Rain Man
07-03-2016, 11:36 PM
47 hours until I begin this adventure.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XkaTMXcRKr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Took a look down a westbound road right away I made my choice
Headed out to my big two wheeler I was tired of my own voice
Took a bead on the northern plains and just rolled that power on

Twelve hours out of Mackinaw City stopped in a bar to have a brew
Met a girl and we had a few drinks and I told her what I'd decided to do
She looked out the window a long long moment then she looked into my eyes
She didn't have to say a thing I knew what she was thinkin'

Roll roll me away won't you roll me away tonight
I too am lost I feel double crossed
And I'm sick of what's wrong and what's right
We never even said a word we just walked out and got on that bike
And we rolled
And we rolled clean out of sight

We rolled across the high plains
Deep into the mountains
Felt so good to me
Finally feelin' free
Somewhere along a high road
The air began to turn cold
She said she missed her home
I headed on alone

Stood alone on a mountain top starin' out at the Great Divide
I could go east I could go west it was all up to me to decide
Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise
And pretty soon
My heart was singin'

Roll roll away I'm gonna roll me away tonight
Gotta keep rollin' gotta keep ridin' keep searchin' till I find what's right
And as the sunset faded I spoke to the faintest first starlight
And I said next time
Next time
We'll get it right

stevieray
07-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Such a great tune.

patteeu
07-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Such a great tune.

Seconded.

Good luck on your trip pr_capone.

Hydrae
07-06-2016, 11:00 AM
Keep us updated as the trip goes. Otherwise we will not be able to live through your actions vicariously. :thumb:

loochy
07-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Please take post pictures of the dog ramp you build to cross the mississippi

2bikemike
07-07-2016, 08:30 AM
I have done several long Motorcycle trips. Back in 2003 for Harley's 100th I rode all 4 corners of the U.S. Starting in San Diego. Rode up to the Canadian border and across to Milwaukee for Harley's Party. Over to Vermont and shot up into Canada and then dropped down in to Main to hit the North East Corner. Stopped in Kitty Hawk and paid homage to the Wright Brothers and celebrated 100 years of flight. Cruised down one side of Florida to Key West and Back up the other side of Florida. Rode to KC and then back home to San Diego.

That trip was somewhere around 16,000 Miles in 6 weeks. Stopped and saw family and friends all across the country. Met a few planateers along the way.
Big K in Central Calif. Bwana in Billings, In Springfield I met TK and Galen.

I have ridden a little over 1000 miles in one day more out of necessity than the desire to accomplish an Iron Butt award. I just needed to be in KC to meet an inspector the next day and I was in North Carolina at the time.

pr_capone
07-07-2016, 03:10 PM
When I get home tonight I'll put up some photos and comments. But for now...

Made it to Chicago with no real problems other than my taillight falling off. Thankfully, my host has a friend with a shop so I was able to fix it.

As for my host... this is his fridge.

https://imgur.com/gk2Wggf.jpg

LoneWolf
07-07-2016, 03:44 PM
When I get home tonight I'll put up some photos and comments. But for now...

Made it to Chicago with no real problems other than my taillight falling off. Thankfully, my host has a friend with a shop so I was able to fix it.

As for my host... this is his fridge.

https://imgur.com/gk2Wggf.jpg

Frazod?

SAUTO
07-07-2016, 03:50 PM
Frazod?

If so I doubt he has a friend that has a shop.

loochy
07-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Frazod?

OMG Chicago and shot refrigerator. That's what it has to be. I didn't get it until LoneWolf said that

pr_capone
07-07-2016, 04:03 PM
Frazod?

Yup :D

pr_capone
07-07-2016, 04:04 PM

He certainly does. The guy didn't even charge me for ship space and the use of his tools.

LoneWolf
07-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Yup :D

Hah! Nailed it!

LoneWolf
07-07-2016, 04:12 PM

Maybe not a bike shop, but a donut shop is highly likely.

pr_capone
07-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Maybe not a bike shop, but a donut shop is highly likely.

Nope... auto mechanic. I just needed tools... nothing bike specific.

pr_capone
07-08-2016, 10:56 PM
I left Chicago this morning around 11 and made it to Cleveland at 8pm including a time zone change.

Note at my cousins house. Taking the Cuyahoga train and going to Canton to show some love to our Chiefs that made the Hall.

Dinny Bossa Nova
07-25-2016, 10:30 AM
Anybody heard from pr?

It would be swell to hear from/of the guy.

Dinny

R Clark
07-25-2016, 10:34 AM
Just thinking about him the other day .hope he made the trip safely

pr_capone
07-25-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm safe. Stuck in Wichita at the moment as my wife's best friend had her mom die all of a sudden and I'm playing gopher for anything they need.

I'll be back in Denver this Friday and will have a ridiculously long post about my travels.

Dinny Bossa Nova
07-25-2016, 01:41 PM
I'm safe. Stuck in Wichita at the moment as my wife's best friend had her mom die all of a sudden and I'm playing gopher for anything they need.

I'll be back in Denver this Friday and will have a ridiculously long post about my travels.

Glad you're okay.

Dinny

Rain Man
07-25-2016, 02:59 PM
Just thinking about him the other day .hope he made the trip safely

We're going to hold a big party for you when you reach 100 posts. By my estimation, that should happen in early 2018.

R Clark
07-25-2016, 03:02 PM
Good things come to those who wait

Dinny Bossa Nova
07-25-2016, 03:04 PM

On the other foot, anything worth waiting for is worth having now.

Dinny

patteeu
07-25-2016, 07:09 PM

Jeez, man. Don't overdo it. Pace yourself.

Rain Man
07-25-2016, 07:19 PM
Jeez, man. Don't overdo it. Pace yourself.

I just had to push his party date up two months.

pr_capone
07-28-2016, 09:16 PM
I'm in the process of building a few photo albums so as to not inundate you with a bunch of pics you don't give a shit about. I'll post them in it's own thread when I am done along with videos I took.

For now...

I left on July 5th at 9:46PM MST
http://i.imgur.com/BeJbP6v.jpg

Arrived in Chicago (via Ft. Collins... not direct) on July 6th at 5:29PM MST. I traveled exactly 1,100 miles in 18 hours and 45 minutes if I'm doing the math right.
http://i.imgur.com/r7EKSBS.jpg

Then kept traveling around the east coast until I reached home today with a straight shot from Wichita to Denver (a shade over 500 miles and after being delayed for 4 days due for a funeral).
http://i.imgur.com/WmkyAsX.jpg

eDave
07-29-2016, 12:38 AM
I'm in the process of building a few photo albums so as to not inundate you with a bunch of pics you don't give a shit about. I'll post them in it's own thread when I am done along with videos I took.

For now...

I left on July 5th at 9:46PM MST

Arrived in Chicago (via Ft. Collins... not direct) on July 6th at 5:29PM MST. I traveled exactly 1,100 miles in 18 hours and 45 minutes if I'm doing the math right.

Then kept traveling around the east coast until I reached home today with a straight shot from Wichita to Denver (a shade over 500 miles and after being delayed for 4 days due for a funeral).

My ass hurts. Hell of a ride there pr_capone.