PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Zach Fulton film review

O.city
05-23-2016, 11:35 AM
Arrowhead pride writer I think, does a good in depth review of Fulton here. Slow chiefs news time, worth a read. Very long, just gonna provide link.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/5/20/11718510/the-big-zach-fulton-film-review-chiefs-starting-guard-or-center?utm_campaign=arrowheadpride&utm_content=article%3Atop&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Meatloaf
05-23-2016, 01:00 PM
Arrowhead pride writer I think, does a good in depth review of Fulton here. Slow chiefs news time, worth a read. Very long, just gonna provide link.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/5/20/11718510/the-big-zach-fulton-film-review-chiefs-starting-guard-or-center?utm_campaign=arrowheadpride&utm_content=article%3Atop&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Thanks for the post, O.city. Interesting article.

Halfcan
05-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Here, Fulton pulls to his left right at the snap, gets moving quickly, and absolutely BURIES a secondary player (pretty sure that's Kendrick Lewis, who did not have a good game against the Chiefs).

That name sounds familiar-lol

Dave Lane
05-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Pretty good article. Playing center in flag football made me aware how hard this position is to play.

DaneMcCloud
05-23-2016, 01:28 PM
This is all the information necessary for this article, IMO:

-----
At this point, in my opinion, Fulton is closer to competence than LDT is. He loses less frequently and his losses aren't quite as bad, even though he's more limited in getting out in space.

Does that mean I've gone full Team Fulton at RG? Nah. LDT has a significantly higher ceiling and had a lot more work to do to adapt to the pro game. His issues are almost entirely technique and mental issues. If he's able to get those things to average he'll reach a point Fulton simply can't match, due to having superior physical tools. Frankly, the fact that LDT was close to Fulton last year could be a sign that he's about to blow Fulton out of the water.

We'll see. But one thing I can definitively tell you is that Fulton is a gigantic step down at center from Morse. So as much as I hate to kill anyone's dreams, I just don't see move Morse to guard in our future. And I don't think John Dorsey does either.

The guard competition will remain interesting in camp and preseason. Here's hoping either Fulton or LDT seizes it and never looks back.

Sofa King
05-23-2016, 01:28 PM
Pretty good article. Playing center in flag football made me aware how hard this position is to play.

LMAO

This is pretty funny.

O.city
05-23-2016, 01:35 PM

-----
At this point, in my opinion, Fulton is closer to competence than LDT is. He loses less frequently and his losses aren't quite as bad, even though he's more limited in getting out in space.

Does that mean I've gone full Team Fulton at RG? Nah. LDT has a significantly higher ceiling and had a lot more work to do to adapt to the pro game. His issues are almost entirely technique and mental issues. If he's able to get those things to average he'll reach a point Fulton simply can't match, due to having superior physical tools. Frankly, the fact that LDT was close to Fulton last year could be a sign that he's about to blow Fulton out of the water.

We'll see. But one thing I can definitively tell you is that Fulton is a gigantic step down at center from Morse. So as much as I hate to kill anyone's dreams, I just don't see move Morse to guard in our future. And I don't think John Dorsey does either.

The guard competition will remain interesting in camp and preseason. Here's hoping either Fulton or LDT seizes it and never looks back.

I thought so too.

Fulton with his strength seems like a taylor made rg and LDT at lg to me.

Pitt Gorilla
05-23-2016, 01:35 PM
Also love the Morse review: http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/3/25/11298714/reviewing-chiefs-c-mitch-morse-turns-out-hes-pretty-good

Remember that guy that Chiefs Fan was mad about drafting?

O.city
05-23-2016, 01:37 PM
Yeah, the morse one was good too. I really enjoy his writing. Very thorough and well done.

Pitt Gorilla
05-23-2016, 01:38 PM
Yeah, the morse one was good too. I really enjoy his writing. Very thorough and we'll dine.I look forward to it! BBQ?

O.city
05-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Fixed

DaneMcCloud
05-23-2016, 01:46 PM
I thought so too.

Fulton with his strength seems like a taylor made rg and LDT at lg to me.

Well, maybe they'll both be able to put it together this season but Fulton was pretty awful at RG during his rookie season.

Maybe all needed was experience in the pro game?

O.city
05-23-2016, 01:50 PM
Well, maybe they'll both be able to put it together this season but Fulton was pretty awful at RG during his rookie season.

Maybe all needed was experience in the pro game?

As a 6th round rookie though, he held his own.

I'd hope between the 4 guys, 2 stick somewhere.

RunKC
05-23-2016, 02:13 PM
After reading Pete Prisco's OL article about technique, I hope Ehinger works hard in the weight room this summer and takes over at LG.

Mr. Laz
05-23-2016, 03:22 PM

-----

The guard competition will remain interesting in camp and preseason. Here's hoping either Fulton or LDT seizes it and never looks back.The only reason he wrote that article is because i talked about looking at Fulton's tape.

The only reason he talked about the killing dreams bullshit is because i told him he was wrong and we argued about it.

:shake:

DaneMcCloud
05-23-2016, 03:40 PM
The only reason he wrote that article is because i talked about looking at Fulton's tape.

The only reason he talked about the killing dreams bullshit is because i told him he was wrong and we argued about it.

:shake:

Wow. Do you post over there? I can't do it. Too many homers.

milkman
05-23-2016, 04:39 PM
Here's the problem with that bullshit breakdown.

Fulton didn't identify where he needed to be and got there and make some great block.

He was trying to run to a spot to get a block on the edge and wasn't fast enough to get out of the way of the defender that ran over him.

That was pure dumb luck.

Mr. Laz
05-23-2016, 04:41 PM
Wow. Do you post over there? I can't do it. Too many homers.
No, we talked elsewhere.

The best thing Fulton can do is learn as much as he can about the center position and then leave for another team where he can get his shot.

O.city
05-23-2016, 04:57 PM
Morse is a better center than Fulton, why would you rather Fulton play center here?

milkman
05-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Morse is a better center than Fulton, why would you rather Fulton play center here?

If you are looking to get the best 5 out there, then it can be argued that Fulton at center and Morse at guard would constitute 2 of the best 5, along with Fisher, LDT and Jeff Allen, if we were talking last year.

O.city
05-23-2016, 05:04 PM
If you are looking to get the best 5 out there, then it can be argued that Fulton at center and Morse at guard would constitute 2 of the best 5, along with Fisher, LDT and Jeff Allen, if we were talking last year.

We havent seen morse play guard in the nfl though.

milkman
05-23-2016, 05:11 PM
We havent seen morse play guard in the nfl though.

Do you honestly believe that would somehow be a difficult transition?

O.city
05-23-2016, 05:12 PM
Fulton looks like a man blocking guard to me. Like the 9ers with Harbaugh, just use man to man strength and go.

With Reid's penchant for the screen game and getting his lineman out front, I'm not sure thats something Fulton would excel at.

At worst, he's a really good backup interior ol though

O.city
05-23-2016, 05:13 PM
Do you honestly believe that would somehow be a difficult transition?

I don't think it's as easy as some think.

I also think Fulton is overrated a bit as a center. He was solid filling in. He's not on morse level.

milkman
05-23-2016, 05:20 PM
I don't think it's as easy as some think.

I also think Fulton is overrated a bit as a center. He was solid filling in. He's not on morse level.

Morse played guard in college, and the transition to center is far more difficult than center to guard.

Also, the reason for Fulton at center and Morse at guard is because as much as you like to have that athletic ability at center, it is still
more value at guard.

You keep the guy with limited mobility in the phone booth.

And I am not over rating Fulton.

I've said that I hope we have enough at OL to make Fulton expendable this year.

I was somewhat pleasantly surprised with Fulton's overall performance last season, but he is still a liability.

O.city
05-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Morse played guard in college, and the transition to center is far more difficult than center to guard.

Also, the reason for Fulton at center and Morse at guard is because as much as you like to have that athletic ability at center, it is still
more value at guard.

You keep the guy with limited mobility in the phone booth.

And I am not over rating Fulton.

I've said that I hope we have enough at OL to make Fulton expendable this year.

I was somewhat pleasantly surprised with Fulton's overall performance last season, but he is still a liability.

As we know though, they ask the center to move around alot. I don't think you can really hide Fulton and his athleticism anywhere. Seems like a weird fit to me.

milkman
05-23-2016, 05:26 PM
As we know though, they ask the center to move around alot. I don't think you can really hide Fulton and his athleticism anywhere. Seems like a weird fit to me.

Reid and staff did a nice job of adjusting to Fulton, not asking him to do more than he's capable of.

He is not a good fit, which is why I am hoping he becomes expendable.

thabear04
05-23-2016, 11:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What Fulton does here should really count as a win and a half. Nice job locking up the LB and enforcing his will. <a href="https://t.co/Zc6JHxwdUE">pic.twitter.com/Zc6JHxwdUE</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/732729305311019014">May 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those who don&#39;t think lateral movement is important for a C... they have to pick up plenty of fast LB&#39;s. <a href="https://t.co/bAeEpPvcrD">pic.twitter.com/bAeEpPvcrD</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/733125070361481216">May 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just when I think I&#39;ve got Fulton figured out, he gets in space and makes a great block to spring West for a TD. <a href="https://t.co/krcwbbyxf6">pic.twitter.com/krcwbbyxf6</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/733465391230386178">May 20, 2016</a></blockquote>