PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Planet is loading incredibly slow

Chief Roundup
05-25-2016, 06:53 PM
Not sure what is going on but I am having trouble navigating around because of lagging.
Not sure what is up, but could it be the MMA thread that has over 6400 posts?

eDave
05-25-2016, 06:56 PM
I continually, randomly get a 404 error here.

Just a few minutes ago I got a totally different message, in CP colors.

milkman
05-25-2016, 07:00 PM
Did you try hitting f5?

DaFace
05-25-2016, 07:02 PM
Server loads are fine, and a speed test shows it loading normally, so I'm guessing it was either temporary or it's an external issue.

http://i.imgur.com/XbYV1Nf.png

Dante84
05-25-2016, 07:03 PM
Did you try restarting your potato?

Bwana
05-25-2016, 07:05 PM
It is loading slow even after I tried antifreeze.

Chief Roundup
05-25-2016, 07:06 PM
I am able to navigate any other site just fine. I haven't had trouble until the last 30 minutes or so.

Chief Roundup
05-25-2016, 07:07 PM
Server loads are fine, and a speed test shows it loading normally, so I'm guessing it was either temporary or it's an external issue.

http://i.imgur.com/XbYV1Nf.png

Thanks for checking it out so quickly.

Chiefshrink
05-25-2016, 07:09 PM
Just push any key.:D

DaFace
05-25-2016, 07:12 PM
I am able to navigate any other site just fine. I haven't had trouble until the last 30 minutes or so.

It's possible it's some sort of weird routing issue (where a router between you and CP is slow, but not everyone goes through that same router). If that's the case, it's probably just a matter of waiting on the issue to be corrected.

eDave
05-25-2016, 07:14 PM
Since I switched over to Mac about 4 yrs ago I can no longer embed, for instance, a youtube video on CP whereas before on PC there was no problem. I go through the same process as the PC with my Mac and it appears like it should take but when you go to preview post the video does not show. Why is that and is there something I need to do further or not do maybe ?

Asking for a friend.

DaFace
05-25-2016, 07:36 PM
Since I switched over to Mac about 4 yrs ago I can no longer embed, for instance, a youtube video on CP whereas before on PC there was no problem. I go through the same process as the PC with my Mac and it appears like it should take but when you go to preview post the video does not show. Why is that and is there something I need to do further or not do maybe ?

Asking for a friend.

Try doing it here. That'll be the easiest way to see what's going on.

eDave
05-25-2016, 07:38 PM
Try doing it here. That'll be the easiest way to see what's going on.

I hope he sees this as I really am asking for a friend.

DaFace
05-25-2016, 07:42 PM
I hope he sees this as I really am asking for a friend.

Gotcha. While I'm not sure of the answer, I suspect it's just an issue of the way vBulletin parses HTML. Often times when you post an embedded tweet, instagram image, etc. it looks like crap (code) when you first post it, but if you just reload the page, it looks fine.

So basically, just try it, then reload the page. I'll bet it's fine.

Rain Man
05-25-2016, 07:45 PM
Did you try hitting f5?

I'm going to put one of those covers over my f5 key like the ones over the nuclear missile launch switches. f5 is trouble.

eDave
05-25-2016, 07:45 PM
fn f5 guys.

Function. Not fuckin'

JoeyChuckles
05-25-2016, 08:01 PM
Is this the most "f5" has ever been typed on Chiefsplanet in a single day?

Squalor2
05-25-2016, 08:20 PM
I continually, randomly get a 404 error here.

Just a few minutes ago I got a totally different message, in CP colors.

its loading slow for me as well. was one of your colors sepia?

eDave
05-25-2016, 08:23 PM
its loading slow for me as well. was one of your colors sepia?

Red and yellow (like OP). Not frequent at all. But the 404 happens all the time and I know it is not happening to others as the threads just continue on.

EDIT: Oh NOW I get your joke. 4/10

DaFace
05-25-2016, 08:46 PM
Red and yellow (like OP). Not frequent at all. But the 404 happens all the time and I know it is not happening to others as the threads just continue on.

EDIT: Oh NOW I get your joke. 4/10

Next time you get a 404, post the exact URL at the top when the 404 shows up.

Not sure if I'll be seeing anything, but a 404 should indicate that it's not a connection issue. I'm wondering if you're getting some sort of weird redirect.

Have you done a thorough malware scan recently or anything?

Simply Red
05-25-2016, 09:07 PM
you need to water your cpu fan.

eDave
05-25-2016, 09:34 PM
Next time you get a 404, post the exact URL at the top when the 404 shows up.

Not sure if I'll be seeing anything, but a 404 should indicate that it's not a connection issue. I'm wondering if you're getting some sort of weird redirect.

Have you done a thorough malware scan recently or anything?

Just happened. It eventually resolves itself.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1

404-Not Found

Company laptop. Scanned daily (HPe, now CSC)

DaFace
05-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Bizarre. I literally can't think of a time I've seen that on here. If it goes down for me, it either doesn't load at all or I get a database error.

DaFace
05-25-2016, 09:57 PM
Next time it happens, post a screenshot. I'm trying to figure out if it actually is coming from CP or not. If it is, it should say what file isn't being found. Here's what CP's looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/iS9qfKq.png

Chiefshrink
05-25-2016, 10:16 PM
Gotcha. While I'm not sure of the answer, I suspect it's just an issue of the way vBulletin parses HTML. Often times when you post an embedded tweet, instagram image, etc. it looks like crap (code) when you first post it, but if you just reload the page, it looks fine.

So basically, just try it, then reload the page. I'll bet it's fine.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6FobZ3by_T4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaFace, here is the blank screen I am looking at above my paragraph here after I embedded the SteelyDan Youtube song "FM". I reloaded the page in the "preview post" as you said and nothing- this is the link of that Youtube -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FobZ3by_T4

Absolutely love SteelyDan and this song IMHO is where you hear the genius of Dan bringing Soul,Funk,Rhythm and Blues, Rock and Jazz all in one song. Fagen and Becker sooooooooo underrated IMHO.

Chiefshrink
05-25-2016, 10:17 PM

Asking for a friend.

Thx my friend !!:thumb:

DaFace
05-25-2016, 10:19 PM
Well, it looks fine to me. :shrug:

http://i.imgur.com/2gwSpHc.png

Chiefshrink
05-25-2016, 10:20 PM
I'll be !! It just appeared after I went to comment to eDave which means it had to refresh after I posted. So I shouldn't panic when I post a vid initially and just refresh. Coooooool !!

DaFace is the Da'Man !!!!:clap:

eDave
05-25-2016, 10:22 PM
It's a Festivas Miracle!

Chiefshrink
05-25-2016, 10:27 PM
It's a Festivas Miracle!

Hey, when you are talking about me and computers, Jesus just raised the dead again !! Thx again !!

eDave
05-25-2016, 10:28 PM
Thx my friend !!:thumb:

LOL. All this over a Steely Dan video. LMAO

That tickles my funny bone.

Chiefshrink
05-25-2016, 10:37 PM
LOL. All this over a Steely Dan video. LMAO

That tickles my funny bone.

Nah man. I was just trying to give an example but yes in some sense. Dan is genius and this song "FM" is just an example of how Funk,Soul,R&B,Rock and Jazz all come together in one song. "Deacon Blues" "Black Cow" and others are just sophisticated genius among others and their "Aja" album considered one of thee best ever produced albums of all time. Click on the vid "FM" and you'll understand why. I am rediscovering the Dan and just how brilliant Donald and Walter were. Growing up they both were raised on jazz and they took the same approach Duke Ellington did when producing music and why after their first two rock albums they never had the same band members again and always used the best studio musicians for whatever sound they were trying to get.

eDave
05-25-2016, 10:38 PM
Nah man. I was just trying to give an example but yes in some sense. Dan is genius and this song "FM" is just an example of how Funk,Soul,R&B,Rock and Jazz all come together in one song. "Deacon Blues" "Black Cow" and others are just sophisticated genius among others and their "Aja" album considered one of thee best ever produced albums of all time. Click on the vid "FM" and you'll understand why. I am rediscovering the Dan and just how brilliant pillowbiteren and Becker were. Growing up they both were raised on jazz and they took the same approach Duke Ellington did when producing music and why after their first two rock albums they never had the same band members again and always used the best studio musicians for whatever sound they were trying to get.

Oh I know my Steely Dan, man. I went through a whole Steely Dan and Alan Parson's period at the same time. Found them quit similar for some reason and they have both shaped my own musical style, among many others.

Chiefshrink
05-25-2016, 10:44 PM
Oh I know my Steely Dan, man. I went through a whole Steely Dan and Alan Parson's period at the same time. Found them quit similar for some reason and they have both shaped my own musical style, among many others.

Parsons definitely influenced by the Dan for sure.;)

Chiefshrink
05-25-2016, 10:45 PM
Donald does not get the credit he deserves for his unique lead vocals IMHO.

listopencil
05-26-2016, 12:18 AM
It is loading slow even after I tried antifreeze.

Did you use the ready made antifreeze that is already mixed or did you mix it yourself? Sometimes that ready-to-go antifreeze isn't mixed right. I always mix it myself.

listopencil
05-26-2016, 12:20 AM
Just push any key.:D

My keyboard doesn't have an "Any" key. I think it is Chinese.

Bwana
05-26-2016, 05:41 AM
Did you use the ready made antifreeze that is already mixed or did you mix it yourself? Sometimes that ready-to-go antifreeze isn't mixed right. I always mix it myself.

No buddy, I used the real stuff and it still gave me the bird. I'm just glad we have DaFace, "the server whisperer" working his magic. :thumb:

DaFace
05-26-2016, 08:09 AM
No buddy, I used the real stuff and it still gave me the bird. I'm just glad we have DaFace, "the server whisperer" working his magic. :thumb:

Heh...I know far less than people give me credit for, but thanks. :)

Fish
05-26-2016, 08:24 AM

Asking for a friend.

For some reason, browsers on a Mac will not correctly show a preview for an embedded Youtube video on the Post Preview page. It will just show a completely blank square spot the exact size of the normal video. But when you actually press Submit Reply, it will indeed show up correctly in the post. It works, just follow through...