PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which Chiefs QB do You Dislike the Most???!?!

rico
05-28-2016, 07:49 AM
I was at work last night, thinking about how frustrating the Cassel era was and thought to myself, "man, I doubt there has ever been a QB that has started a substantial amount of games for the Chiefs that was despised as much as Matty Melt Cassel.

Then I started to think about it.

We've had to put up with some frustrating, unlikable QB's. I wonder how I would have felt about Todd Blackledge if I were a decade and a half older than I am... I wonder if my disdain for Elvis Grbac would be more prominent, if I weren't an early teenager while he took the reigns.
I figured it'd be interesting to see who is the most despised QB in the history
of the Chiefs, poll-style. I will only include QB's who have started 10+ games for the teams.

I am the most interested in seeing how the old-timers respond to this.

Why Not?
05-28-2016, 07:52 AM
In b4 poll

rico
05-28-2016, 07:55 AM
In b4 poll

Speedy Gonzalez.

petegz28
05-28-2016, 07:59 AM
Had to go with Bono....4 int's in a playoff game....

Red And Yellow
05-28-2016, 08:00 AM
Hard one I hate Croyle, he was the worst qb, But I hate Cassel slightly more :)

CoMoChief
05-28-2016, 08:00 AM
Cassel not even close

after that I'd probably have to say Grbac

Sassy Squatch
05-28-2016, 08:01 AM
Cassel and what he represented.

Why Not?
05-28-2016, 08:02 AM
I considered Croyle for a second, just because he was so awful, but then I remembered a time when I literally took my Cassel jersey off and threw it directly in the trash.

Oh, and I almost always give my clothes I don't want anymore to Goodwill. But I would have never burdened anyone else with that cursed rag.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2016, 08:04 AM
Blackledge. Made the organization what it is today. The others are just symptoms of the disease.

AJKCFAN
05-28-2016, 08:07 AM
Blackledge and it really isn't even close.

Drafting him over Dan Marino and also Jim Kelly. I mean, WTF! Chiefs franchise would have been so much better off and successful if they take either one.

And it still stings to this day as it is now THIRTY-THREE years since they last drafted a QB in the first round. 1983. The year the Orioles last won a World Series, the Raiders last won a Super Bowl, the 76ers last won a NBA Championship, the Islanders last won a Stanley Cup, NC State last won a college basketball Championship and also the year the Chiefs last drafted a QB in the first round.

Simply unreal.

Cassel may have sucked more but doesn't come close to the Chernobyl like effect taking Blackledge did to the history of the Chiefs franchise....

Bugeater
05-28-2016, 08:08 AM
Just looking at Matt Cassel made me want to punch him the face.

Rain Man
05-28-2016, 08:09 AM
I wouldn't say I hate any of them. They were all Chiefs and I have no doubt that they all wanted to win and become Hall of Famers here. We were on the same side. That said, the one I was most happy to see replaced was Cassel. He had the lowest ratio of performance to expectations.

If I had been able to watch more games in the 1980s when I was outside the Chiefs' TV zone, it might be Blackledge. His performance to expectations ratio is incredibly low. But I didn't see most of it in person and time is healing those wounds. It's actually a bonding team legend now and fun to blame it on Carl.

Deberg_1990
05-28-2016, 08:15 AM
Trent Green. F@ck that guy!!

ChiefAshhole1056
05-28-2016, 08:15 AM
Tyler Palko

rico
05-28-2016, 08:16 AM

This.

rico
05-28-2016, 08:18 AM
I remember Dane (I think) saying once that he HATED Kenney... that was ahead of my time... I don't know what the story is on him...

Comanche
05-28-2016, 08:18 AM
"Old Timer" Here. Blackledge was the seventh pick in the first round of the 1983 NFL Draft. Since that time, the Chiefs organization has been afraid to risk another high profile selection of a QB in the first round. Ultimately, this has caused a much more lasting damage to the Chief's organization than Matt Cassel. Cassel was just a poor player. In the history of the Chiefs and the League, there have been MANY poor players and there will be many more. No, the lasting legacy of the Blackledge selection is in the mindset created in the front office. The Chiefs need to draft a QB in the first, develop his talent and build a team around him. They are afraid to do so because of the Blackledge selection. Yes, the front office can and should just "get over it." Nevertheless, it has seemed to be a factor in their decision making over the years.

Blackledge and it really isn't even close.

Drafting him over Dan Marino and also Jim Kelly. I mean, WTF! Chiefs franchise would have been so much better off and successful if they take either one.

And it still stings to this day as it is now THIRTY-THREE years since they last drafted a QB in the first round. 1983. The year the Orioles last won a World Series, the Raiders last won a Super Bowl, the 76ers last won a NBA Championship, the Islanders last won a Stanley Cup, NC State last won a college basketball Championship and also the year the Chiefs last drafted a QB in the first round.

Simply unreal.

Cassel may have sucked more but doesn't come close to the Chernobyl like effect taking Blackledge did to the history of the Chiefs franchise....

Rain Man
05-28-2016, 08:21 AM
I'm annoyed that most of Joe Montana's media coverage shows him playing for some other team.

New World Order
05-28-2016, 08:24 AM
Blackledge. Made the organization what it is today. The others are just symptoms of the disease.

Absolutely this.

Comanche
05-28-2016, 08:26 AM
Kenny played in the Pro Bowl and could throw bombs (and complete them). He set team records for passing yards (4,348) and completions (346) in a season. He had one really good receiver, Carlos Carson, who hauled in 80 passes for 1,351 yards. The rest of the team couldn't support him much.

rico
05-28-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm annoyed that most of Joe Montana's media coverage shows him playing for some other team.

I know, man! Sometimes I have to remind people that he played a couple years for the Chiefs... it's like to non-Chiefs fans, he was forgotten as a Chief. Hell, he was awesome to watch as a Chief.

stumppy
05-28-2016, 08:27 AM
If you asked who was the worst QB for the Chiefs I'd have to say Blackledge of course. Although I do hate/dislike him for that I wasn't much of a fan back then and rarely even watched a game. Enduring the Cassle years, watching every single game he played as a Chiefs has made him the hated/disliked QB for me.

Oh yea, FUCK YOU MATT CASSEL

wazu
05-28-2016, 08:35 AM
The only Chiefs QB I have "sports hate" for would be Cassel. He was ultimately less damaging to the franchise than Blackledge, Grbac, or Bono, but it was partly because of those other guys that my disgust factor with Cassel's presence on our team was so high. We'd already seen this episode, and it was infuriating. Plus he was soooo bad. Now that Cassel is gone, I still actively root against him each year when some misguided team thinks he can "step in" cause he's a "veteran". And then he promptly proceeds to be worse than any developmental 4th string QB on their roster would have been.

milkman
05-28-2016, 08:35 AM
"Old Timer" Here. Blackledge was the seventh pick in the first round of the 1983 NFL Draft. Since that time, the Chiefs organization has been afraid to risk another high profile selection of a QB in the first round. Ultimately, this has caused a much more lasting damage to the Chief's organization than Matt Cassel. Cassel was just a poor player. In the history of the Chiefs and the League, there have been MANY poor players and there will be many more. No, the lasting legacy of the Blackledge selection is in the mindset created in the front office. The Chiefs need to draft a QB in the first, develop his talent and build a team around him. They are afraid to do so because of the Blackledge selection. Yes, the front office can and should just "get over it." Nevertheless, it has seemed to be a factor in their decision making over the years.

I don't believe the failure of Blackledge is the reason that the Chiefs haven't drafted a first round QB since.

I believe that the blame for that is on Carl.

He was the man responsible for most of those draft years, and he believed that a veteran QB, the right veteran QB, was a better option than drafting and developing one.

After Carl, Pioli wasn't going to draft anyone to compete with Cassel.

Now, with Dorsey and Reid, there hasn't been that guy that they felt confident with.
I believe if the right guy comes along, they'll make that investment.

milkman
05-28-2016, 08:38 AM
Kenny played in the Pro Bowl and could throw bombs (and complete them). He set team records for passing yards (4,348) and completions (346) in a season. He had one really good receiver, Carlos Carson, who hauled in 80 passes for 1,351 yards. The rest of the team couldn't support him much.

Stephone Paige.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2016, 08:46 AM

Reverse team-building is the legacy. The position? An afterthought. A top 10 defense and a steady, unexceptional QB will get you every playoff game you ever lost again and again and again.

milkman
05-28-2016, 08:48 AM
As to the poll question, for me it is Dave Kreig.

Steve DeBerg wasn't a great QB, obviously, but he had a toughness and grit that made him a likable QB.

Then Carl brings in Kreig to replace, and he wasn't any better than DeBerg, and he lacked that toughness and grit.

I absolutely despised that pussy.

Deberg_1990
05-28-2016, 08:50 AM

Steve DeBerg wasn't a great QB, obviously, but he had a toughness and grit that made him a likable QB.

Then Carl brings in Kreig to replace, and he wasn't any better than DeBerg, and he lacked that toughness and grit.

small hands fumblitis

jspchief
05-28-2016, 09:01 AM
My immediate thought was Cassel. He was a coward of a player and also represents the worst era of Chiefs football since I was old enough to remember being a fan.

Blackledge is another, but ultimately he seems like just the ugly result of a poor front office.

Ugh. I was going to write out this long composition breaking down various qbs but fuck it. It's just Cassel. Fuck that guy. He's stolen so much money and time from nfl fans that I can't even make a realistic case for anyone else. If I had been at the stadium I might have cheered when he got inured (internally at the very least). I would have booed him at that all star game. Fuck mark castle

Deberg_1990
05-28-2016, 09:04 AM
Wheres the Steve Bono hate?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2016, 09:07 AM

Symptom of disease, San Francisco strain.

rico
05-28-2016, 09:07 AM

INTERESTING stuff!!!

ChiefsCountry
05-28-2016, 09:10 AM
Cassel was a worthless turd and Pioli should have been fired/raped with a burning hot lava pole up the ass the moment that trade was completed. Especially since Denver wanted his worthless ass.

Smith is a prettier, more athletic version of DeBerg. Plus he has a bunch of his taint licker fans that followed him over which all should suffer the same fate that described to Pioli. It's a typical Chiefs move that won't win us a Super Bowl unless we build some 70s Steelers team.

Huard, Thigpen meh. Most knew what they were. Croyle was fragile. But it was an attempt in the right direction for once and it didn't cripple the franchise either.

Green was solid. But another win now move instead of sticking with their draft board and taking Drew Brees. Typical Chiefs even though not much to complain about with Green.

Grbac was a metal puss. Probably the right move at the time free agency wise. Young QB with upside instead of retreads. Gannon was more mystical legend around here than what he actually did on the field, which was less than Grbac.

Bono meh. Montana retired late. Become the starter, defense won a few games off lucky shit. Exposed in the playoffs. But he was what he was.

Montana - nothing really bad to say. Just old.

Kreig was a pussy. DeBerg was just a career bouncer, tough as nails and smart just not that talented.

rico
05-28-2016, 09:10 AM
I got to the point with Cassel where I started thinking, "has any NFL fanbase ever hated their franchise QB as much as we at CP hate Cassel?" I honestly don't know.

I hear Bears fans bitching about Cutler all the time... I hear the Cowboys fans bitching about Romo...spoiled brats. What other fanbases have endured an era as frustrating as we did during the Cassel era??? I mean, the entire time he was our QB, I literally couldn't imagine disliking a QB worse than him.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-28-2016, 09:13 AM
It's Hatt Assel and not close. He signifies everything that fraud franchise in New England ever produces.

rico
05-28-2016, 09:15 AM
I wonder how much my Stanzi love and the fact that he was never given a chance influenced my Cassel hate....

I'm guessing not much. Fuck Matty Melt.

rico
05-28-2016, 09:17 AM
I didn't realize that Deberg was the way you guys are describing him. Muy interesante, mi amigos!!!

Pasta Little Brioni
05-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Well he did help show just how pitiful Scooters football mind really is.

Deberg_1990
05-28-2016, 09:23 AM
I didn't realize that Deberg was the way you guys are describing him. Muy interesante, mi amigos!!!

Deberg was pure awesome with the play fakes, play action, and he threw a pretty decent deep ball off off of it.

RealSNR
05-28-2016, 09:25 AM
I don't believe the failure of Blackledge is the reason that the Chiefs haven't drafted a first round QB since.

He was the man responsible for most of those draft years, and he believed that a veteran QB, the right veteran QB, was a better option than drafting and developing one.

Now, with Dorsey and Reid, there hasn't been that guy that they felt confident with.

Or they'll sit around with dicks in their asses and let other teams trade in front of them to grab any and all QB talent that falls.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Geno! Quinn! Marky Baywatch! Clausen! Lynch! Sure missed out!

DaneMcCloud
05-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Elvis Grbac in a landslide.

Grbac may be the most physically talented player on the list and arguably had the best arm talent. But he was a mouth breather, excuse maker and a whiny little bitch who did not love football.

He turned down $6 million the Ravens offered him 2002 because he didn't have any love for football.

What a complete and utter waste of four years, especially with DT near the end of his career.

milkman
05-28-2016, 09:31 AM
Smith is a prettier, more athletic version of DeBerg.

What?

milkman
05-28-2016, 09:32 AM
Or they'll sit around with dicks in their asses and let other teams trade in front of them to grab any and all QB talent that falls.

So they should have traded up for Johnny Manziel or Paxton Lynch?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2016, 09:32 AM
Geno! Quinn! Marky Baywatch! Clausen! Lynch! Sure missed out!

Yeah, thank God you had Cassel instead. Good times!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2016, 09:33 AM

Bridgewater > Ford.

milkman
05-28-2016, 09:39 AM
Bridgewater > Ford.

Bridgewater is putting up some pretty mediocre numbers behind a solid O-Line with support from a very good running game.

Personally I think he's overvalued around here.

The one QB that I think they should have invested in is Derek Carr.

ChiefsCountry
05-28-2016, 09:40 AM
What?

Tough smart game managers who at the end of the day won't win you a Super Bowl but Smith has more athletic talents.

milkman
05-28-2016, 09:45 AM
Tough smart game managers who at the end of the day won't win you a Super Bowl but Smith has more athletic talents.

Both are/were tough, but that's where the comparisons end.

RealSNR
05-28-2016, 09:45 AM

I didn't want Manziel, but the Lynch situation does flag the point that the Dorsey/Reid team really does not care at all about drafting a QB high in the draft. Lynch was the QB the Chiefs have arguably scouted the most since 2013, and they did absolutely nothing.

Regardless of whether or not those QBs turn out to be any good, there seems to be a long history of teams who trade up in front of us in the late first round to grab QBs. I'm getting kind of sick of it.

rico
05-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Elvis Grbac in a landslide.

Grbac may be the most physically talented player on the list and arguably had the best arm talent. But he was a mouth breather, excuse maker and a whiny little bitch who did not love football.

He turned down $6 million the Ravens offered him 2002 because he didn't have any love for football.

What a complete and utter waste of four years, especially with DT near the end of his career.

Didn't you hate Bill Kenney as well?

BossChief
05-28-2016, 09:54 AM
Bridgewater is putting up some pretty mediocre numbers behind a solid O-Line with support from a very good running game.

Personally I think he's overvalued around here.

The one QB that I think they should have invested in is Derek Carr.

Reid told him he would have drafted him if he didn't already have Alex Smith while Andy was coaching him at the pro bowl.

milkman
05-28-2016, 09:54 AM
I didn't want Manziel, but the Lynch situation does flag the point that the Dorsey/Reid team really does not care at all about drafting a QB high in the draft. Lynch was the QB the Chiefs have arguably scouted the most since 2013, and they did absolutely nothing.

Regardless of whether or not those QBs turn out to be any good, there seems to be a long history of teams who trade up in front of us in the late first round to grab QBs. I'm getting kind of sick of it.

So, in your mind, all that scouting tells you that they should have traded up.

Seems to me that should tell you they just didn't believe he was worth the investment.

Easy 6
05-28-2016, 09:55 AM

"Dont blame me for this loss, I graded out perfectly"

ChiefsCountry
05-28-2016, 09:55 AM
Both are/were tough, but that's where the comparisons end.

Both are game mangers who need a top defense and running game to win.

BossChief
05-28-2016, 09:59 AM

Why?

None of those guys ended up worth a shit.

Manziel
Quinn

Maybe Lynch turns out good and I'd have loved to have drafted him, BUT the fact Dorseys guys scouted the shit out of him and didn't make a move tells me they didn't value him that highly and see serious flaws in his game they didn't think they could iron out.

Hopefully, some of that scouting information is utilized by Sutton when we play Denver.

milkman
05-28-2016, 10:00 AM

How many SBs has Aaron Rodgers won without that kind of support?

Drew Brees?

How many SBs did Peyton Manning win when he put the team on his shoulders?

RealSNR
05-28-2016, 10:05 AM
Why?

None of those guys ended up worth a shit.

Manziel
Quinn

Maybe Lynch turns out good and I'd have loved to have drafted him, BUT the fact Dorseys guys scouted the shit out of him and didn't make a move tells me they didn't value him that highly and see serious flaws in his game they didn't think they could iron out.

Hopefully, some of that scouting information is utilized by Sutton when we play Denver.
Lynch and Bridgewater are about what you can expect from QB talent that will ever be available to the Chiefs now that they seem to have found a knack for consistently finishing with a winning record and making the playoffs. The talent doesn't get much better than that, except for Rodgers. Ironically, that's another QB we got beaten to the punch by a team trading up just in front of us.

If the Chiefs aren't willing to go after those guys because they want something better, then Reid and Dorsey are really no better than King Carl, are they? They pretty much refuse to draft a QB with a high pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2016, 10:10 AM
Lynch and Bridgewater are about what you can expect from QB talent that will ever be available to the Chiefs now that they seem to have found a knack for consistently finishing with a winning record and making the playoffs. The talent doesn't get much better than that, except for Rodgers. Ironically, that's another QB we got beaten to the punch by a team trading up just in front of us.

If the Chiefs aren't willing to go after those guys because they want something better, then Reid and Dorsey are really no better than King Carl, are they? They pretty much refuse to draft a QB with a high pick.

The Luck/RGIII draft was considered the last "can't miss" QB draft, and both of those guys have had problems. There is no perfect candidate, he does not exist.

Therefore, at some point you have take a chance and hope for the best.

Or, you can continue cycling FA trash under the false pretense of "stability".

Let's call it what it is:

Cowardice.

milkman
05-28-2016, 10:10 AM

The Pack didn't trade up for Rodgers.

SAUTO
05-28-2016, 10:16 AM

That was a long time ago. The nfl has changed imo.

The top couple guys are always gonna be top ten anymore it seems...

Mr. Laz
05-28-2016, 10:32 AM
All the guys listed worked hard and tried their best, good guys all except one.

Elvis Grbac was a raging douche.

rico
05-28-2016, 10:45 AM
Alex Smith hasn't even received one vote yet.

dj56dt58
05-28-2016, 11:27 AM

Don't forget about Matt cassels fetal position and faking injuries

RealSNR
05-28-2016, 11:30 AM
Alex Smith hasn't even received one vote yet.

He won a playoff game. End of story. I can separate the douche Niner fans from the QB if it means this team gets playoff wins

RealSNR
05-28-2016, 11:31 AM

Whoops. I'm dumb.

Kman34
05-28-2016, 11:36 AM

This...Looked down his nose at our fans and our restaurants.... Terrible QB and leader..

Buehler445
05-28-2016, 11:42 AM
Cassel and what he represented.

This. More a reflection of Scott Franchise Killer Pioli than Cassel.

frozenchief
05-28-2016, 11:45 AM
You know, you just look at that list and there's an amazing amount of suckitude but then consider other teams and realize it's really hard to get someone good at that position. What teams would you say have consistently had good QBs over the last 40-50 years? Dallas has done pretty well, although they've had rough spots in there. But Staubach, White, Aikman and Romo is a pretty good lineup. SF did well with Montana/Young but who since then? Kap had a good year or two but now? Indy had Peyton and now has Luck but who before that? They were a joke for years. New England? They've lucked out with Brady (7th round pick!) but while Bledsoe wasn't bad, he wasn't great.

It's really hard to consistently get a good QB in this league.

But on this list, it's a toss up between Cassel and Blackledge.

Bowser
05-28-2016, 11:46 AM
Went with Grbac. Bono and his four picks in the playoffs against Indy made him a strong contender, but I don't think I can remember a Chiefs QB doing less with more than Grbac did in his time here. Add in that Marty just wouldn't bench him in the playoff game, and that completes the hate for me.

srvy
05-28-2016, 11:48 AM
For me easily Bono then Grbac but Casshole was was a bad QB but my hate was for Pioli for putting in the position he did.

HemiEd
05-28-2016, 11:50 AM

Me too, hated him, just hated him.

Todd Blackledge was the fault of the front office and an impatient fan base IMO. I don't blame Blackledge for that. Plus, my patience wasn't worn as thin as it has been lately.

I know, the same can be said about the front office on Cassel, but I still hated him.

Bowser
05-28-2016, 11:54 AM
For me easily Bono then Grbac but Casshole was was a bad QB but my hate was for Pioli for putting in the position he did.

This

milkman
05-28-2016, 11:59 AM
You know, you just look at that list and there's an amazing amount of suckitude but then consider other teams and realize it's really hard to get someone good at that position. What teams would you say have consistently had good QBs over the last 40-50 years? Dallas has done pretty well, although they've had rough spots in there. But Staubach, White, Aikman and Romo is a pretty good lineup. SF did well with Montana/Young but who since then? Kap had a good year or two but now? Indy had Peyton and now has Luck but who before that? They were a joke for years. New England? They've lucked out with Brady (7th round pick!) but while Bledsoe wasn't bad, he wasn't great.

Aside from Manning and Luck, the Colts also had Unitas, and Bert Jones, who was a hell of a QB.

Bowser
05-28-2016, 12:02 PM

Taking everything you've just said here into account, it is flat out amazing to see what the Packers have been able to do with the QB position. They literally have gotten it right for decades now.

frozenchief
05-28-2016, 12:04 PM
Aside from Manning and Luck, the Colts also had Unitas, and Bert Jones, who was a hell of a QB.

I forgot about Jones. However, the Colts were in the wilderness from the mid 70s until the late 90s. I remember when they went to Indy the Baltimore fans moaning how the team sucked but they were Baltimore's team.

milkman
05-28-2016, 12:06 PM
Taking everything you've just said here into account, it is flat out amazing to see what the Packers have been able to do with the QB position. They literally have gotten it right for decades now.

Not really.

Between Starr in the 60s and Favre in the 90s, their best QB was Lynn Dickey, who was pretty mediocre.

patteeu
05-28-2016, 12:06 PM
Wow, I thought Elvis Grbac was the no-brainer answer.

jjchieffan
05-28-2016, 12:11 PM

Uh. How about Johnny Unitas?

jjchieffan
05-28-2016, 12:13 PM

Yep. They also would have had Horseface if he hadn't forced the trade to Denver.

Bowser
05-28-2016, 12:13 PM
Not really.

Between Starr in the 60s and Favre in the 90s, their best QB was Lynn Dickey, who was pretty mediocre.

I was basing that thought starting with Don Majkowski, then to Favre, and then Rodgers. Then you think about all the backups they've had over they years that went on to either be solid to good starters, and they've certainly shown they know what they are doing with QB's.

I will admit my knowledge is pretty spotty pre 1990, so I'll definitely take your word for it there.

SAUTO
05-28-2016, 12:56 PM
Not really.

Just between farve and rodgers is decades...

Spott
05-28-2016, 01:47 PM
Cassel, then Bono. But they've all sucked ass, except for Montana.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2016, 02:28 PM
I wonder how many fans followed Steve "mouth breather" Bono to KC during his diseased stint as QB?

jd1020
05-28-2016, 02:31 PM
Todd Blackledge destroyed the confidence of the franchise.

rtmike
05-28-2016, 02:33 PM

Oh how I liked watching DeBerg run play action. The camera people have a heck of a time with him, lol.

DaNewGuy
05-28-2016, 03:13 PM

LMAO

rico
05-28-2016, 03:22 PM
LMAO The one vote for Alex Smith is Sandy Cheeks. Ahhhh!!!! Hahahaha, love or hate that guy, he can be funny as hell sometimes. He makes me laugh with that Forrest Gump waving gif and he has made me laugh my ass off yet again in this poll. Temper11 is a shitbag. I'm glad Sandy is here....despite his Alex Smith stalker-like vibe. ROFL Well played, SC11...well played.

rico
05-28-2016, 03:33 PM
I wonder how many fans followed Steve "mouth breather" Bono to KC during his diseased stint as QB?

Gosh I remember being 11 years old and being so upset watching him play...made me miss Joe Montana so much. Bono really was frustrating.

Rasputin
05-28-2016, 03:38 PM

Should of could of if only we would of drafted Dan Marino but nooooooo

:cuss:

Coochie liquor
05-28-2016, 03:41 PM

This. If we had only drafted almost any other qb that draft we would be better off now. Blackledge fucked us for generations because he was the suck.

DaNewGuy
05-28-2016, 03:42 PM
I blame that Brokedick Montana for our fascination with 49er qbs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2016, 03:44 PM
I blame that Brokedick Montana for our fascination with 49er qbs.

Blame Carl for his west coast boner instead.

DaNewGuy
05-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Blame Carl for his west coast boner instead.

No it was obviously Montana, fuck that guy

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2016, 03:46 PM
No it was obviously Montana, **** that guy

And yet Carl was the one who kept the sloppy seconds rolling in...

DaNewGuy
05-28-2016, 03:51 PM
And yet Carl was the one who kept the sloppy seconds rolling in...

Hey but Bono he uh.... Uh ran slow as fuck for a 70 yard Td. That was pretty cool

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2016, 03:53 PM
Hey but Bono he uh.... Uh ran slow as **** for a 70 yard Td. That was pretty cool

A wonderful parade of west coast talent. Praise Goo!

Rasputin
05-28-2016, 03:58 PM
I hate the most
Matt Cassel & Elvi Grbitch fuck you.
Damon Huard How can anybody be worse than this guy? Oh wait Matt Cassel can.
Mostly hate but a lesser of hate
Steve Bono I'm thinking bootleg for a touchdown scores off the most hate list.
Brodie Croyle broke dick but had a hot wife Kelly Croyle that would make some sweet southern tea.
Todd Blackledge should have drafted Dan Marino. I could hate the guy more but Shouldn't have drafted him over Dan Marino in the first place Dammit Carl :cuss:
Dave Krieg small hands lead league in fumbles
~~~~~~~~~~~
Moot.
Bill Kenney
Steve Fuller
Rich Gannon Fuck you Grrbitch
Tyler Thygpen ~ Way over his head but I think he played with gumption and Tony G stepped up for him a lot because no one else seemed too.
Alex Smith at least he won a playoff game this can quickly return to hate if we don't go farther in the playoffs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I like these guys
Trent Green
Steve Deberg
Joe Montana
Len Dawson Favorite

Chromatic
05-28-2016, 04:11 PM
Never forget

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 50.652%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/bcab?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

TigeRRUppeRRcut
05-28-2016, 04:14 PM
A year ago, Alex Smith would have been tied with Cassel for least favorite on CP. My oh my has the conversation changed for the better here

RealSNR
05-28-2016, 05:13 PM
A year ago, Alex Smith would have been tied with Cassel for least favorite on CP. My oh my has the conversation changed for the better here

You still post here, so no. The conversation has NOT changed for the better.

Baby Lee
05-28-2016, 05:18 PM

DeBerg and Alex are polar opposites. DeBerg had great touch on the long ball but was a statue. Alex doesn't have longball touch, at least in sync with the receivers we've had up to Maclin, but is among the most mobile in the league.

A lot of DeBerg's legendary toughness was built on the contact he suffered due to his inability to move or bail on a pass.

Baby Lee
05-28-2016, 05:24 PM
I went with Gannon, but it wasn't an on-field decision.

It was 5% the tantrum he threw going to the Raiders [ugh] and 95% the grudge he's held against the organization ever since in the booth.

Cassel seems an easy choice, but he's a child of Pioli whose heart was in the right place. He's more of a Tommen than a Joffrey.

Grbac didn't have the greatest attitude, but he had a ton of talent we could have massaged better had we not made him a pariah.

Bono was dire, but he was a blip on the radar.

scho63
05-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Brodie Croyle 0-10 is a special fail.

Cassel is #2 on my list

Tyler Thigpen #3

Grbac #4

I don't hate Blackledge, I hate the Chiefs for drafting him.

Baby Lee
05-28-2016, 05:31 PM
I know a lot of people heap scorn on Blackledge for the mindset he seems to have put on the organization, but my [albeit limited] read on the situation was that the Chiefs were in no wise a place to develop a winning QB in that era, regardless of existing talent.

DaNewGuy
05-28-2016, 05:50 PM
Tyler Palko, didn't play many games. But I hate him

displacedinMN
05-28-2016, 06:27 PM
too bad we could not have voted for two.

Rasputin
05-28-2016, 06:42 PM
Actually I think I should be or am more pissed at Marty & or Carl for saying "can't lose starting job do to injury" and if only they played the hot handed Rich Gannon and not let Grbitch back on the field.

Also as much as I hate Grbach I remember him beating John Horseface in pile High so I shouldn't hate him all that much it's just damn playoffs he fucked us on.

Maybe Milkman can enlighten me on this I don't remember everything to detail.

ChiefGator
05-29-2016, 09:37 AM
I know it isn't Matt Cassel's fault he was given the huge contract or made the undisputed starter for so long, but he epitomized the ineptitude of Pioli for me.

Munson
05-29-2016, 09:50 AM
Most hated:

1) Cassel
2) Blackledge
3) Grbac

Baby Lee
05-29-2016, 10:02 AM
I know it isn't Matt Cassel's fault he was given the huge contract or made the undisputed starter for so long, but he epitomized the ineptitude of Pioli for me.

In conjunction with the bulk of fault over Cassel falling on Pioli, I don't muster hate for the guy because, along with just being a walking Peter principle trying his best, his failures were more comical than angering.

The Cassel era for me is encapsulated here;

https://66.media.tumblr.com/3fd00134cbdad109acb0521c5b87e0ab/tumblr_n0w7lx0PGf1styqlqo1_500.gif

gblowfish
05-29-2016, 10:04 AM
I voted for Bill Kenney, the most successful woman to ever play in the NFL.

For you younger guys, imagine EIGHT YEARS of Matt Casshole.

Thanks for the lost decade, you putz.

gblowfish
05-29-2016, 10:08 AM

God, you guy's grasp of history is galling. The only reason Kenney was in a pro bowl is because three or four other QBs picked ahead of him declined to go that year for injury or whatever. The only reason he had "pro bowl" stats is because Joe Delaney drowned the year before, so they threw the ball 40 or 50 times a game. Carlos Carson was not his "Only Good Receiver." He had Henry Marshall, Stephone Paige, Walter White, all great receivers. He's the Chiefs all time leader in being sacked. Check out his stats in his only playoff game against the Jets. He threw for under 150 yards. Pathetic. And if he didn't suck so much, we wouldn't have drafted Sackledge. He was a pariah on this organization. Feh. I spit in his general direction.

CapsLockKey
05-29-2016, 10:09 AM
Brodie Croyle. Carl propped him up as the future of the franchise for a few years from the IR when the time was right to spend a high pick on a QB instead.

milkman
05-29-2016, 10:29 AM
God, you guy's grasp of history is galling. The only reason Kenney was in a pro bowl is because three or four other QBs picked ahead of him declined to go that year for injury or whatever. The only reason he had "pro bowl" stats is because Joe Delaney drowned the year before, so they threw the ball 40 or 50 times a game. Carlos Carson was not his "Only Good Receiver." He had Henry Marshall, Stephone Paige, Walter White, all great receivers. He's the Chiefs all time leader in being sacked. Check out his stats in his only playoff game against the Jets. He threw for under 150 yards. Pathetic. And if he didn't suck so much, we wouldn't have drafted Sackledge. He was a pariah on this organization. Feh. I spit in his general direction.

Actually, if Steve Fuller hadn't sucked so much, the Chiefs would never have drafted Blackledge.

Kenney was a stopgap, picked up off the scrapheap.

He lasted as long as he did because Blackledge was a bust.

Buzz
05-29-2016, 07:03 PM
I went with Gannon, but it wasn't an on-field decision.

It was 5% the tantrum he threw going to the Raiders [ugh] and 95% the grudge he's held against the organization ever since in the booth.

Cassel seems an easy choice, but he's a child of Pioli whose heart was in the right place. He's more of a Tommen than a Joffrey.

Grbac didn't have the greatest attitude, but he had a ton of talent we could have massaged better had we not made him a pariah.

Bono was dire, but he was a blip on the radar.

Yeah, I have the complete opposite opinion of Gannon. The Chiefs fucked him, themselves and us when they pulled him for Grback in the playoffs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2016, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I have the complete opposite opinion of Gannon. The Chiefs ****ed him, themselves and us when they pulled him for Grback in the playoffs.

This is the correct response. And even worse, the people who say "he wasn't that great" about the guy who became league MVP.

He was better than anything the Chiefs had since Montana, and they just pissed him away in true Chiefs fashion.

Baby Lee
05-29-2016, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I have the complete opposite opinion of Gannon. The Chiefs fucked him, themselves and us when they pulled him for Grback in the playoffs.

The question was 'who do you dislike the most.' I chose my answer and gave my reasons.

Buzz
05-29-2016, 08:05 PM
The question was 'who do you dislike the most.' I chose my answer and gave my reasons.

I can respect that, I just don't agree.

milkman
05-29-2016, 08:07 PM
This is the correct response. And even worse, the people who say "he wasn't that great" about the guy who became league MVP.

He was better than anything the Chiefs had since Montana, and they just pissed him away in true Chiefs fashion.

He had 2 big games, and a number of mediocre games.

There was no way in hell he was going to put up the kind of numbers with Marty that he put up with Gruden.

He was small ball QB in a ground and pound offense in KC.

Not a good mix.

Red Dawg
05-29-2016, 08:08 PM
It's Matt and its not even close. That funny faced douche really screwed us up.

DaneMcCloud
05-29-2016, 08:09 PM

I can't figure out of you're back to your old trolling self or just wildly ill-informed.

Rich Gannon was with the Chiefs from 1995-1998. 4 full years. He went 1-2, 5-1 and 5-5. He had plenty of opportunity to show that he was a starting QB that could push this team forward and failed to do so.

He landed in Oakland in 1999, his THIRTEENTH SEASON in the league and had a nice three year run before falling apart again and going 2-5 and 2-1.

This Gannon shit is revisionist history. While it's debatable that he could have beat the Broncos in the 1997 playoffs, it's not debateable that he had his chance the following season (his 12th) and didn't impress.

DaneMcCloud
05-29-2016, 08:11 PM
It's Matt and its not even close. That funny faced douche really screwed us up.

With a good coaching staff and front office, Matt Cassel never sees the field unless there's injury or a rookie QB.

I can't blame Cassel for sucking year after year because the GM mandated that he play, regardless.

Baby Lee
05-29-2016, 08:13 PM
I can respect that, I just don't agree.

Just so you don't think I'm voting him 'the worst QB' or 'the QB who set us back most'

I dislike hearing him in the play-by-play booth and as a Raider.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2016, 08:15 PM
He had 2 big games, and a number of mediocre games.

There was no way in hell he was going to put up the kind of numbers with Marty that he put up with Gruden.

He was small ball QB in a ground and pound offense in KC.

Not a good mix.

Exactly. He out-kicked Schottenheimer's coverage. That's why it worked.

I can't figure out of you're back to your old trolling self or just wildly ill-informed.

Rich Gannon was with the Chiefs from 1995-1998. 4 full years. He went 1-2, 5-1 and 5-5. He had plenty of opportunity to show that he was a starting QB that could push this team forward and failed to do so.

He landed in Oakland in 1999, THIRTEENTH SEASON in the league and had a nice three year run before falling apart again and going 2-5 and 2-1.

This Gannon shit is revisionist history. While it's debatable that he could have beat the Broncos in the 1997 playoffs, it's not debateable that he had his chance the following season (his 12th) and didn't impress.

He took the opportunity and fucking ran with it. Huh? Wut?

What the fuck is going on over here today?

The Chiefs were sucking shit, playing hit and miss under Grbac, and poised for another short season until Gannon took over and lit it up. And that motherfucker was making passes that I've yet to see the current wunderkind even attempt, much less complete.

Revisionist history, my motherfucking ass.

Stop with this shit.

STAHP.

milkman
05-29-2016, 08:20 PM

He took the opportunity and ****ing ran with it. Huh? Wut?

What the **** is going on over here today?

The Chiefs were sucking shit, playing hit and miss under Grbac, and poised for another short season until Gannon took over and lit it up. And that mother****er was making passes that I've yet to see the current wunderkind even attempt, much less complete.

Revisionist history, my mother****ing ass.

Stop with this shit.

STAHP.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2016, 08:24 PM
You really have no idea what you are talking about.

I may have been drinking during that season, but you were obviously guzzling Ny-Quil.

Now goddamnit, stop the insanity!

DaneMcCloud
05-29-2016, 08:25 PM

He took the opportunity and fucking ran with it. Huh? Wut?

What the fuck is going on over here today?

The Chiefs were sucking shit, playing hit and miss under Grbac, and poised for another short season until Gannon took over and lit it up. And that motherfucker was making passes that I've yet to see the current wunderkind even attempt, much less complete.

Revisionist history, my motherfucking ass.

Stop with this shit.

STAHP.

Hit and miss? How fucking stupid are you?

The Chiefs were 7-2 before his injury and he beat the Saints in the final game of the season to win the division.

You really suck at this.

Baby Lee
05-29-2016, 08:25 PM
I may have been drinking during that season, but you were obviously guzzling Ny-Quil.

Now goddamnit, stop the insanity!

Ironic our resident 1.1 draft QB cheerleader is also our #1 mediocre retread buttnuzzler.

Buzz
05-29-2016, 08:27 PM
Gannon got us to the playoffs, looked better on the field and was pulled for a Grback choke job. Gannon then went on to take the Raiders to the Superbowl and won the Pro Bowl MVP consecutively in 2001 and 2002. What did Grback do, he went to the Ravens and was cut after the first season.

Tombstone RJ
05-29-2016, 08:33 PM
There's a lot of hate for Cassell.

milkman
05-29-2016, 08:35 PM
Gannon got us to the playoffs, looked better on the field and was pulled for a Grback choke job. Gannon then went on to take the Raiders to the Superbowl and won the Pro Bowl MVP consecutively in 2001 and 2002. What did Grback do, he went to the Ravens and was cut after the first season.

Gannon averaged less than 200 yards per game and threw 7 TDs.

The defense got them to playoffs.

Rich Gannon just didn't lose games.

He was Alex Smith.

DaneMcCloud
05-29-2016, 08:36 PM

Grbac won a playoff game for the Ravens and retired, giving up his $6 million salary for 2002.

Grbac never loved football.

Dave Lane
05-29-2016, 08:54 PM
As much as I hate Alex Smith and what he stands for, I have to pick Blackledge, He turned out so horribly we haven't taken a real shot at a QB since.

stevieray
05-29-2016, 08:58 PM
Damn, what a depressing list.

Chiefshrink
05-30-2016, 12:23 AM
How in the world can anybody dislike Gannon ? All he did was do his job and win here.

Chiefshrink
05-30-2016, 12:24 AM
Damn, what a depressing list.

I agree except for Gannon.

Chiefshrink
05-30-2016, 12:25 AM
Gannon averaged less than 200 yards per game and threw 7 TDs.

The defense got them to playoffs.

Rich Gannon just didn't lose games.

He was Alex Smith.

WRONG !!

Comanche
05-30-2016, 07:33 AM
Stephone Paige.

Page had 528 yards in 1983 compared to Carson's 1,300 +

Comanche
05-30-2016, 07:36 AM
Actually, if Steve Fuller hadn't sucked so much, the Chiefs would never have drafted Blackledge.

Kenney was a stopgap, picked up off the scrapheap.

He lasted as long as he did because Blackledge was a bust.

Pretty good "stopgap" though. He was eventually beat up by poor o line play. In 1983, however, Kenny was fun to watch.

Comanche
05-30-2016, 07:40 AM
Oh how I liked watching DeBerg run play action. The camera people have a heck of a time with him, lol.

He was great with boot leg plays. I recall camera operators getting totally faked out by DeBerg's play action disguises. For years after his playing days, DeBerg was a QB consultant. Perhaps he still is, I don't know.

Comanche
05-30-2016, 07:48 AM
Perhaps more specifically the problem is with the ownership. Management teams have come and gone since the Blackledge era but the Chiefs organization still haven't drafted a QB in the 1st. To say that Dorsey and Reid will draft a player in the first is speculation.

Comanche
05-30-2016, 08:04 AM
He was injured in 1984. The O line in those years sucked. Kenny was a mobile QB who was able to complete bombs despite being often forced from the pocket.

Perhaps I should have said that Carson was GREAT in 1983. No other WRs on the team came close to his stats in 1983.

Despite the death of Delaney, Kenny still had to make the completions which he excelled at in 1983.

Deberg_1990
05-30-2016, 08:57 AM
Why doesn't anyone ever talk about Gannon's 1998 season with the Chiefs?

ChiefsCountry
05-30-2016, 09:46 AM
Rich Gannon is the biggest fucking myth in Chiefs history.

Lex Luthor
05-30-2016, 10:40 AM
The only QB I hated was Grbac. Lots of guys have sucked. Grbac sucked as much as anyone for a couple of years. Then he finally has a good season, and the mother****er bails as a free agent. **** Grbac!

patteeu
05-30-2016, 10:53 AM
The only QB I hated was Grbac. Lots of guys have sucked. Grbac sucked as much as anyone for a couple of years. Then he finally has a good season, and the mother****er bails as a free agent. **** Grbac!

That was my thinking as well.

ChiefsCountry
05-30-2016, 10:55 AM

Chiefs released Grbac because he was due a 10 million dollar bonus and Vermeil wanted Trent Green.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2016, 10:57 AM
Rich Gannon is Quarterbacks are the biggest ****ing myth in Chiefs history.

F.X.D.

patteeu
05-30-2016, 11:01 AM
Chiefs released Grbac because he was due a 10 million dollar bonus and Vermeil wanted Trent Green.

No. Grbac screwed the team and forced his way out. Vermeil claimed to be irritated by it.

https://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2001/0301/1118992.html

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2016, 11:01 AM
WRONG

:facepalm:

Al Bundy
05-30-2016, 11:08 AM
Steve Bono, not only because he was a shitty QB, but he was a fucking asshole about everything.

ChiefsCountry
05-30-2016, 11:10 AM
No. Grbac screwed the team and forced his way out. Vermeil claimed to be irritated by it.

https://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2001/0301/1118992.html

http://cjonline.com/stories/030101/spo_grbacout.shtml#.V0xzvpErKUk

patteeu
05-30-2016, 11:36 AM
http://cjonline.com/stories/030101/spo_grbacout.shtml#.V0xzvpErKUk

That article is consistent with my position, not yours.

Grbac had a poison pill bonus in his contract. The Chiefs wanted to bring him back and tried to negotiate a new deal. Grbac didn't want to come back so he refused to renegotiate, forcing the Chiefs to cut him.

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2016, 11:39 AM
That article is consistent with my position, not yours.

Grbac had a poison pill bonus in his contract. The Chiefs wanted to bring him back and tried to negotiate a new deal. Grbac didn't want to come back so he refused to renegotiate, forcing the Chiefs to cut him.

IIRC, he didn't want to play for Vermeil, which was a mistake because he'd have been a great fit for the Coryell, IMO.

But Elvis didn't love football and only played one more year, anyway. It's probably best they didn't re-sign him and get stuck with a cap hit.

rico
05-30-2016, 12:10 PM
Didn't Bono piss people off with a comment he made about KC food compared to SF?

Tombstone RJ
05-30-2016, 01:07 PM
So much winning in this thread...

Over Yonder
05-30-2016, 01:30 PM
Prolly need to think the poll question over for a bit. But let me say this. DeBerg had guts by the bucket full. I loved watching him play football. He could possibly be my favorite Chiefs QB that I have actually watched play in my lifetime. I also think Trent Green was a very good QB. His offenses scored tons of points. Our d's sucked very badly during his time here.

gblowfish
05-30-2016, 04:36 PM
Didn't Bono piss people off with a comment he made about KC food compared to SF?

Yes. When he heard he was coming to KC he said "The worst restaurant in San Fran is better than the best restaurant in KC."

This is before he comes to a town, that, before every home game, there's 80,000 people in the parking lot, COOKING.'

Not too bright.

He also said after the Kicker Who Will Remain Nameless playoff loss "I thought I did pretty good out there..."

Bono was just stupid. And you can't fix Stupid.

gblowfish
05-30-2016, 04:39 PM
Grbac was no brain surgeon either.
He went to the Baltimore Ravens the year after they won their first Super Bowl, and in the press conference, said he planned to take the team "To a Whole New Level."

Uh, yeah...

gblowfish
05-30-2016, 04:41 PM
Oh, and Bill Kenney likes to drive drunk, which makes him even more of a scumbag....
From 2015:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/the-buzz/article12933788.html

big nasty kcnut
05-30-2016, 04:42 PM
Voted blackledge asshole didn't want to give me a autograph when the chiefs played in houston. Then Cassel. Finally not on the list daniels!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-30-2016, 07:11 PM
Grbac was no brain surgeon either.
He went to the Baltimore Ravens the year after they won their first Super Bowl, and in the press conference, said he planned to take the team "To a Whole New Level."

Uh, yeah...

ROFL
Damn.

Comanche
05-31-2016, 05:55 AM
. . . and he is the only NFL player in the history of the league with off the field issues. :shake:

Oh, and Bill Kenney likes to drive drunk, which makes him even more of a scumbag....
From 2015:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/the-buzz/article12933788.html

Chiefnj2
05-31-2016, 07:29 AM

+1

gblowfish
05-31-2016, 08:22 AM
. . . and he is the only NFL player in the history of the league with off the field issues. :shake:

Well, he WAS a state legislator, who has a hand in creating drunk driving law.
So, that makes him extra special.

Now he's a lobbyist, which is the slime that grows under the bottom of a barrel.

lcarus
05-31-2016, 08:25 AM
I saw Cassel towards the top of the list and clicked him. Browsed through the others before finalizing the selection....yep....Cassel.

rico
05-31-2016, 08:55 AM
I saw Cassel towards the top of the list and clicked him. Browsed through the others before finalizing the selection....yep....Cassel.

Cassel told us to "shut the fuck up." Freaking Cassel of all people.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AQibGZ05Xxs

Embedding is a pain in the ass from my phone.

loochy
05-31-2016, 10:22 AM
He's unlikeable because he actually thought this article was suppsoed to be about him:

http://jeffpearlman.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/19981116-750-941.jpg

Comanche
06-02-2016, 05:49 AM
You are reaching. If you want to use off the field issues of players AFTER their careers have ended, there will be a very long list of offending players indeed. Not all lobbyists are bad. Some represent very worthwhile causes.

Well, he WAS a state legislator, who has a hand in creating drunk driving law.
So, that makes him extra special.

Now he's a lobbyist, which is the slime that grows under the bottom of a barrel.

redfan
06-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Went Grbac, almost went Bono.
Cassel's the low hanging fruit.

Mr. Laz
06-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Never forget

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 50.652%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/bcab?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>
except for that is EXACTLY WHAT A QB IS SUPPOSED TO DO in that situation.

Manning has done it
Brady has done it
Rodgers had done it

virtually every QB in the league throws the ball into the ground on a screen play if the RB is cover.

If you weren't such a moron, you would know that.

People hating Cassel because their too stupid to know what is right. LMAO