PDA

View Full Version : Royals Most Unlikable Baseball Player Tournament - Round 1, Heat 3

Mama Hip Rockets
06-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Please vote for the two players you dislike the most in each heat. Feel free to give reasons (words, pictures, videos, etc.) why this player is unlikable, as it may not always be immediately evident and you may persuade others to join in your disdain of douchey players. Four players from the nomination poll will be chosen randomly for each heat, and the top two will go to round two.

HEAT 3:

Aaron Sanchez (Blue Jays)
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/11926b629a7130c21ca876d04f7177de60e8251b/c=27-0-2715-2016&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2015/08/04/USATODAY/usatsports/c1e93139752afd227d0f6a70670022b7.jpg

Unlikable Traits:
- Intentionally threw at Alcides Escobar last year. After missing him on the first attempt (LOL), he hit him with the next pitch. KC Connection will be along shortly to hijack the thread and explain how this was somehow Edinson Volquez's or Yordano Ventura's fault, and Jose Bautista is innocent. Innocent, I tell you!

Jason Heyward (Braves, Cardinals, Cubs)
http://sportsmockery.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Jason-Heyward-Cubs.jpg

Unlikable traits:
- I'm not really sure. I guess Cardinals fans don't like him because he signed with the Cubs? Maybe someone can help explain more here.

Troy Tulowitzki (Rockies, Blue Jays)
http://bsndenver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/troy-tulowitzki-blue-jays-tri.jpg

Unlikable traits:
- Instigated a brawl in the ALDS last year after the Rangers' pitcher slapped him on the butt and he took offense. KC Connection will be along shortly to explain how this was Rafael Palmeiro's fault, cause he took steroids.
- Is named "Troy Tulowitzki."
- Has used Miley Cyrus for walk-up music.
- Plays for the Toronto Blue Jays.
- KC Connection probably likes him.

Brian Dozier (Twins)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iWH1ybTBUzI/U4kYeCt3hPI/AAAAAAAAGM0/9L2jCMV-HqY/s1600/brian-dozier-rubiks-cube.png

Unlikable traits:
- After splitting a 4-game series with the Royals in 2015, Dozier claimed, "We outhit them, we outpitched them. I believe they know we probably should have taken all four from them."
- Did this: http://i.imgur.com/MejLSMM.gif

Mama Hip Rockets
06-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Video of Sanchez hitting Escobar (unfortunately the previous pitch which almost hit Escobar is not in the video):
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Du9w9UdO_1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Video of Tulowitzki getting upset about a butt slap:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rIbmwSJ7ppg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BlackHelicopters
06-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Tooluwitski

TomBarndtsTwin
06-02-2016, 01:08 PM
Dozier's a good dude. Would love to have him on the Royals.

Not sure what is unlike able about Heyward?

So, I guess, Sanchez and Tulo. They ARE Blue Jays, which generally increases the douchiness factor by itself.

Oh, and they're both douches . . . . .

Mama Hip Rockets
06-02-2016, 01:20 PM
So, I guess, Sanchez and Tulo. They ARE Blue Jays, which generally increases the douchiness factor by itself.

Oh, and they're both douches . . . . .

Valid points.

KC_Connection
06-02-2016, 01:35 PM
No way Sanchez and Tulo won't advance here considering the forum (and their opponents...Heyward?).

It should be said that Sanchez hit Escobar intentionally because Volquez hit Donaldson first intentionally. Not sure why a Royals fan would have any issue with that kind of "eye for an eye"/old school baseball retribution after last season.

Mama Hip Rockets
06-02-2016, 01:38 PM
KC Connection will be along shortly to hijack the thread and explain how this was somehow Edinson Volquez's or Yordano Ventura's fault

Welp, didn't take long.

KC_Connection
06-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Welp, didn't take long.
Hey, you're the guy who is obsessed enough with me to include my name multiple times in the OP. LMAO

rico
06-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Fuck Heyward.

Mama Hip Rockets
06-02-2016, 02:22 PM
Fuck Heyward.

Can you elaborate?

lewdog
06-02-2016, 05:03 PM
I don't hate Tulo at all. He's one of the best all-around shortstops this game has ever seen when he's healthy. He can do it all. I like seeing his play at what's normally a very weak hitting position and while still being a good hitter, he's also great in the field.

Weak heat. I think I'll only vote Sanchez in this one, and even he's not super unlikable and I doubt he makes the final 4 in this comp.

I dig Dozier. Wish he was a Royal.

C3HIEF3S
06-02-2016, 05:09 PM
Didn't think any of these guys were major douchers.

So I voted for the two Blue Jays players on an impartial and unbiased standing.

WhawhaWhat
06-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Didn't think any of these guys were major douchers.

So I voted for the two Blue Jays players on an impartial and unbiased standing.

Me too. The BJs can DIAF.

rico
06-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Can you elaborate?

Cards ----> Cubs.

lewdog
06-02-2016, 05:34 PM
I think the most unlikable thing about Heyward is that he's been over-rated his entire career, IMO. But that's not really his fault. But he is easily one of the most over-rated players in MLB.

lewdog
06-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Joke of the day

Q: Why can't the Toronto Blue Jays use the internet?

A: Because they can't get 3 W's in a row.

Mama Hip Rockets
06-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Cards ----> Cubs.

You're not really making a compelling case here, rico.

Why Not?
06-02-2016, 10:30 PM
Yep. I have no problem with any of these players. So I voted both Jays, because,

Fuck you, bricks

Mama Hip Rockets
06-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Well, shutting this one down early. Sanchez and Tulowitzki move on.

tk13
06-02-2016, 11:38 PM
No way Sanchez and Tulo won't advance here considering the forum (and their opponents...Heyward?).

It should be said that Sanchez hit Escobar intentionally because Volquez hit Donaldson first intentionally. Not sure why a Royals fan would have any issue with that kind of "eye for an eye"/old school baseball retribution after last season.

This isn't surprising, and I have no desire to spend 600 more posts rehashing this, but it should be clarified for the sake of accuracy... this is still 100% completely disingenuous.

The day before the Royals were hit twice, the last being Liam Hendriks drilling Moose with a 96 mph fastball, causing Ned to sit him the next day.

And I'm not saying it's right, but if a team knocks out an opposing player, somebody is usually going to wear one. I provided examples of the Royals doing it, the Cardinals doing it, the Blue Jays, the Orioles... the Mets just did it to Chase Utley last week. You can argue whether the game should be played that way, that's totally fair... but this continued implication that the Royals are the only team who plays the game by these "unwritten rules" is still garbage. It's just how they play the game.

KC_Connection
06-02-2016, 11:46 PM
This isn't surprising, and I have no desire to spend 600 more posts rehashing this, but it should be clarified for the sake of accuracy... this is still 100% completely disingenuous.
And it's hardly surprising that a Royals fan would seek to find some way to justify Volquez beaning Donaldson for no good reason, but I suppose we all have our biases.

The day before the Royals were hit twice, the last being Liam Hendriks drilling Moose with a 96 mph fastball, causing Ned to sit him the next day.
The difference, of course, is that Hendriks was not intentionally throwing at Mike Moustakas. He missed his location and hit him in the leg.

Whether it was in response to that or Donaldson's pimping a HR (another contrived explanation I heard that day), Volquez then decided to throw a beanball the next day at him and Sanchez responded in kind. Once again, Royals fans should hardly have a problem with what Sanchez did there based on their own team's actions in such situations last season. He was just following those same "unwritten rules."

tk13
06-02-2016, 11:54 PM
It doesn't have to be intentional. You are either trolling or have a legitimate comprehension problem. We've been through all this before. I provided an example where the Indians accidentally hit Matt Holliday and knocked him out of a game last year. A few innings later, John Lackey put a fastball in Kipnis' spine.

I'm still not saying it's right, but you can sit here until you're blue in the face, but it being intentional doesn't matter. Chase Utley didn't mean to break that shortstop's leg. He still paid for it. It doesn't matter. If you can't comprehend that you just don't understand what you're watching. And a discussion about whether the game should be played like that... totally legit, but that's not what we're doing here.

Mama Hip Rockets
06-02-2016, 11:55 PM

And I'm not saying it's right, but if a team knocks out an opposing player, somebody is usually going to wear one. I provided examples of the Royals doing it, the Cardinals doing it, the Blue Jays, the Orioles... the Mets just did it to Chase Utley last week. You can argue whether the game should be played that way, that's totally fair... but this continued implication that the Royals are the only team who plays the game by these "unwritten rules" is still garbage. It's just how they play the game.

:clap::clap::clap:

KC_Connection
06-03-2016, 12:09 AM
And a discussion about whether the game should be played like that... totally legit, but that's not what we're doing here.
What you're doing here is defending the Royals for throwing a beanball at a player for no good reason because they are your favorite team (and sorry, but Hendriks missing his spot is not one).

That's fine, but if that is your attitude toward the situation, you certainly shouldn't have had any problem with what Sanchez did.

Mama Hip Rockets
06-03-2016, 08:19 AM
What you're doing here is defending the Royals for throwing a beanball at a player for no good reason because they are your favorite team (and sorry, but Hendriks missing his spot is not one).

That's fine, but if that is your attitude toward the situation, you certainly shouldn't have had any problem with what Sanchez did.

How do you know Volquez didn't miss his spot? Cause he did steroids a long time ago?

KC_Connection
06-03-2016, 10:58 AM
How do you know Volquez didn't miss his spot? Cause he did steroids a long time ago?
Because I've watched the game of baseball before. Denying it is not the way to go here (tk13 took the only route available).

Mama Hip Rockets
06-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Because I've watched the game of baseball before. Denying it is not the way to go here (tk13 took the only route available).

I'm not denying anything. I'm just asking what proof you have that it was intentional. Other than the fact that you hate Volquez cause he took steroids once like 6 or 7 years ago.

KC_Connection
06-03-2016, 11:13 AM
I'm not denying anything. I'm just asking what proof you have that it was intentional.
You don't need proof, you just need common sense and a bit of experience watching or playing baseball.

Other than the fact that you hate Volquez cause he took steroids once like 6 or 7 years ago.
I don't hate Volquez at all and I have absolutely no problem with steroid use in baseball (in fact, I encourage it).

Mama Hip Rockets
06-03-2016, 11:26 AM
I don't hate Volquez at all and I have absolutely no problem with steroid use in baseball (in fact, I encourage it).

LOL. Yet you diss Volquez any and every chance you get and bring his steroid use into every conversation about him, whether it's relevant or not.

KC_Connection
06-03-2016, 11:31 AM
LOL. Yet you diss Volquez any and every chance you get and bring his steroid use into every conversation about him, whether it's relevant or not.
On the contrary, I just point out the hypocrisy of Royals fans here bitching about supposed Jays PED use with no evidence (which happens, yeah, pretty much every chance they get) when they have an actual proven PED user on their own team who was instrumental in their WS win. I like to note that they have no moral high ground to speak of in any such discussion.

I don't actually dislike Volquez much at all.

tk13
06-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Volquez didn't miss his spot. He knew what he was doing.

Hendriks might not have either. You're talking about a guy who hit 2 batters and only walked 11 guys all of last year, coming inside on a LH hitter.

And even if it wasn't intentional, most teams will retaliate in that situation. You can sit and argue otherwise until you're blue in the face, but it's still not true. A guy gets HBP and taken out, there's usually retaliation.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-04-2016, 09:32 AM
I think the most unlikable thing about Heyward is that he's been over-rated his entire career, IMO. But that's not really his fault. But he is easily one of the most over-rated players in MLB.

:clap: no one hates him, but definitely what lew said.