PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Candylicious: Round 3, Heat Set 3

Rain Man
06-05-2016, 04:19 PM
You know the rules by now. Pick one from each pair based on your preference at this very moment.

Heat 9: Mike and Ike, Regular Flavor versus Sweetart Jelly Beans

http://couponkarma.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/mike-ike.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160413/3580202da3dffac10893065318a5941c.jpg

Heat 10: Twix versus Krackel

http://www.bargainblessings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/twix-bars.jpg
http://cdn.foodbeast.com/content/uploads/2014/05/krackel.jpg

Heat 11: Hershey's Special Dark versus Nestle Crunch

http://www.taquitos.net/im/sn/SpecialDark.jpg
http://america.pink/images/3/1/9/8/8/2/2/en/1-nestle-crunch.jpg

Heat 12: Skittles (original) versus Snickers

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Skittles-Wrapper-Small.jpg
http://www.couponclipinista.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/snickers.jpg?27d230

DaFace
06-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Damn - Snickers vs. Skittles? We're gonna lose a juggernaut this round.

Rain Man
06-05-2016, 04:26 PM
My votes:

Sweetart Jelly Beans over Mike and Ike, Regular Flavor. I'm not a huge fan of jelly beans, but they seem like a safer option than Mike and Ike. I still don't know what a Mike and Ike is.

Twix over Krackel. The more I think about it, Twix could be a dark horse to win the whole thing. Krackel is good, but Twix brings a lot to the table.

Hershey's Special Dark over Nestle Crunch. Keeping with my preferences in those multi-packs, I always go for the Special Dark first over Krackel, and Nestle Crunch is pretty much the same thing as Krackel.

Skittles (original) over Snickers. I like Snickers, but it's not in my top tier. Skittles, on the other hand, are amazing.

TimBone
06-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Snicker will beat skittles, but it shouldnt.

DaFace
06-05-2016, 05:02 PM

I love them both, but I had to go with Snickers just because their advertising has worked on me, and I feel like it's one of the few candies that can fill me up a bit when I'm hungry.

TimBone
06-05-2016, 05:06 PM
I love them both, but I had to go with Snickers just because their advertising has worked on me, and I feel like it's one of the few candies that can fill me up a bit when I'm hungry.
Snickers is good, no doubt. And you make a good argument for it being something of substance rather than just candy.

Skittles, though....everytime I eat them I am amazed at their awesomeness. They are a candy that I never really buy myself, but anytime somebody shares a few with me I end up wondering how I live without them.

Rain Man
06-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Yeah, Snickers has a big marketing advantage over Skittles. Skittles has some entertaining ads, but I'm not sure they really lead more people to eat them.

I'm starting to think that this is Twix's tournament to lose.

KChiefs1
06-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Sweetarts
Twix
Nestle's Crunch
Snickers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2016, 05:25 PM
The real travesty is losing special dark to crunch. Both are equally useful.

Bugeater
06-05-2016, 05:27 PM
I'm starting to think that this is Twix's tournament to lose.
Reese's Peanut Butter cups say hi.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Oh, and thank god Mike and Ike will no longer be tardin' things up around here.

I mean damn.

TimBone
06-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Oh, and thank god Mike and Ike will no longer be tardin' things up around here.

I mean damn.
Mike and Ikes are dope, brah.

WhawhaWhat
06-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Mike and Ikes
Twix
Crunch
Snickers

A Snickers bar that's been put in the freezer for a bit is one of the best things ever. Not completely frozen but definitely chilled.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Mike and Ikes are dope, brah.

Mike and Ike weren't even dope in the movie theater as a youngster. I used to look down the line and say, "oh thank god; Milk Duds".

Indian Chief
06-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Mike and Ike weren't even dope in the movie theater as a youngster. I used to look down the line and say, "oh thank god; Milk Duds".

ROFL:clap:

patteeu
06-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Heat 9: Mike and Ike, Regular Flavor versus Sweetart Jelly Beans

Heat 10: Twix versus Krackel

Heat 11: Hershey's Special Dark versus Nestle Crunch

Heat 12: Skittles (original) versus Snickers

This set was easy for me. Twix v Krackel was the closest and I prefer the crunch of the cookie over the krackel.

MTG#10
06-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Twix, Snickers, Nestlé Crunch. Others suck.

Fire Me Boy!
06-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Mike and Ike.

Twix vs. Krackel. This is a Sofie's choice. In the spirit of the competition, right at this second I'd rather have a Twix.

Crunch is not Krackel. My vote goes HSD.

Snickers. But only because Skittles' assertion that green is green apple as an "original" flavor pisses me off. It should be lime. So fuck you, Skittles.

patteeu
06-05-2016, 06:33 PM
I'm really surprised at Twix's dominance.

Also, someone tell me about skittles. Are they tart like sweet tarts or are they sweet. Are they chewy, crunchy, or do you suck on them?

DaFace
06-05-2016, 06:38 PM

Also, someone tell me about skittles. Are they tart like sweet tarts or are they sweet. Are they chewy, crunchy, or do you suck on them?

Not as sour as sweet tarts, and not chalky at all, but definitely a combination of sweet and sour. Somewhat similar to the texture of a jellybean (definitely chewy), but the shell is a bit crunchier and more flavorful.

Bwana
06-05-2016, 06:41 PM

Oh yes it should Boneman, OH YES IT SHOULD! :D

patteeu
06-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Not as sour as sweet tarts, and not chalky at all, but definitely a combination of sweet and sour. Somewhat similar to the texture of a jellybean (definitely chewy), but the shell is a bit crunchier and more flavorful.

Thanks. That was a great description. I'll have to give them a try sometime.

Rain Man
06-05-2016, 06:52 PM

Skittles are kind of like a juicy Starburst in my opinion. I can't really come up with what their closest relative is in the candy tree of life. They're pretty unique and really good if you like tart candies.

Fire Me Boy!
06-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Skittles are kind of like a juicy Starburst in my opinion. I can't really come up with what their closest relative is in the candy tree of life. They're pretty unique and really good if you like tart candies.

I agree. Texture is more like a Starburst with a crunch candy she'll. Chewier than jelly beans. Except I don't think they're tart at all. Very sweet to me.

TimBone
06-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna disagree with the tart description. FMB is right, they're very sweet.

TimBone
06-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Oh yes it should Boneman, OH YES IT SHOULD! :D
I certainly picture you as a Snickers man more than a skittles man.

Snickers are definitely the more manly candy of the two. And like DaFace said, it's more filling. Almost a quick meal replacment.

I picture you eating one right before wrestling a bear.

Rain Man
06-05-2016, 07:42 PM
I agree. Texture is more like a Starburst with a crunch candy she'll. Chewier than jelly beans. Except I don't think they're tart at all. Very sweet to me.

Yeah, I'm gonna disagree with the tart description. FMB is right, they're very sweet.

I'm going to have to eat some with a culinary analysis mindset. I certainly think of them as tart, and I also think of Starburst as tart. Do you guys think Starburst is tart or sweet?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Skittles ain't no Neil Sedaka.

The Franchise
06-05-2016, 08:06 PM
I was going to vote for Skittles but I had just voted for Mike and Ike and it was going to be too much fruity goodness. Snickers got the win.

Fire Me Boy!
06-05-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm going to have to eat some with a culinary analysis mindset. I certainly think of them as tart, and I also think of Starburst as tart. Do you guys think Starburst is tart or sweet?

Sweet with a very subtle tartness. Would definitely not describe them as tart.

Bwana
06-05-2016, 08:13 PM
I certainly picture you as a Snickers man more than a skittles man.

Snickers are definitely the more manly candy of the two. And like DaFace said, it's more filling. Almost a quick meal replacment.

I picture you eating one right before wrestling a bear.

Heh, you remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmgice3ieZ4

Sassy Squatch
06-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Skittles and starburst are considered tart? Warheads must've fucked my tastebuds up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Anybody remember that bomb-ass gum that had the super tart crystals in the middle of the gumball?

The gum had a dimpled texture, and when you bit in to it, it would sour-sweet your mouth like a motherfucker. It hit the store about 82-83.

Predarat
06-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Snickers. But only because Skittles' assertion that green is green apple as an "original" flavor pisses me off. It should be lime. So **** you, Skittles.

THIS! that was shit of them to change that. They can put green apple in one of their spin off varieties, but leave the lime alone in the original!

luv
06-06-2016, 09:30 AM
Sweetart Jelly Beans
Twix
Hershey's Special Dark
Skittles

I'm starting to wish, again, that there had been a candy heat and a candy bar heat with the winners going against each other for the final. That would have told us what people's favorite candy was, and then if they preferred candy or candy bars.

(Yes, I'm pouting because my favorite candy is losing to a candy bar.)

Fire Me Boy!
06-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Sweetart Jelly Beans

Twix

Hershey's Special Dark

Skittles

I'm starting to wish, again, that there had been a candy heat and a candy bar heat with the winners going against each other for the final. That would have told us what people's favorite candy was, and then if they preferred candy or candy bars.

(Yes, I'm pouting because my favorite candy is losing to a candy bar.)

I get this and even agree to a point. But if Skittles can't beat Snickers here, it won't beat it later.

Pitt Gorilla
06-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Who puts Skittles up against Snickers?

Rain Man
06-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Who puts Skittles up against Snickers?

The invisible hand of Adam Smith. Or maybe it was luv.

luv
06-06-2016, 12:30 PM
The invisible hand of Adam Smith. Or maybe it was luv.

Hey, don't look at me. I'm voting Skittles all the way (to today, I guess). If it had gone up against a 100 Grand, then that would have been a very difficult choice.

Predarat
06-06-2016, 01:59 PM
If Skittles had not fucked with the lime, they might have snuck into a wild card and won that thing. Tough match vs Snickers but messing with the lime made it tougher.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2016, 07:23 PM
I can't believe Sweetart jelly beans are getting wasted by such a flavorless candy.

lewdog
06-06-2016, 08:22 PM
I can't believe Sweetart jelly beans are getting wasted by such a flavorless candy.

Amongst your love of Trump is probably a love of Mounds too.

Yuck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-07-2016, 03:02 AM
Amongst your love of Trump is probably a love of Mounds too.

Yuck.

Almond Joy only in that realm.

Rain Man
06-08-2016, 09:34 AM
Mike and Ike Regular Flavor, Twix, Nestle Crunch, and Snickers move on. RIP to some good candies that got sent home.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Mike and Ike Regular Flavor, Twix, Nestle Crunch, and Snickers move on. RIP to some good candies that got sent home.

Oh for the love of...:cuss:

Fire Me Boy!
08-14-2017, 11:27 AM
Mike and Ike.

Twix vs. Krackel. This is a Sofie's choice. In the spirit of the competition, right at this second I'd rather have a Twix.

Crunch is not Krackel. My vote goes HSD.

Snickers. But only because Skittles' assertion that green is green apple as an "original" flavor pisses me off. It should be lime. So **** you, Skittles.

So Skittles has a limited edition "Long Lost Lime" edition you can buy (select Walmarts only, apparently).

This brings Skittles above Snickers. I'd like my vote changed, please.

TLO
08-14-2017, 12:29 PM
So Skittles has a limited edition "Long Lost Lime" edition you can buy (select Walmarts only, apparently).

What a fun bump!

Bugeater
08-14-2017, 12:53 PM

Welp, looks like we have to start the tournament over. Rain Man had better get busy.

Hydrae
08-14-2017, 01:22 PM
Welp, looks like we have to start the tournament over. Rain Man had better get busy.

There is not enough time to get this done before the season starts. We will have to wait until next February when our off season starts again.

Bugeater
08-14-2017, 02:36 PM
There is not enough time to get this done before the season starts. We will have to wait until next February when our off season starts again.
We just have to do one round per hour and we're good.

GET ON IT RAIN MAN!

patteeu
08-14-2017, 02:38 PM
We just have to do one round per hour and we're good.

GET ON IT RAIN MAN!

We still have the top 5 first round draft picks to go. Don't distract him!

scho63
08-14-2017, 03:25 PM
I'm still voting for Milk Duds and the Skor Bar so shove those Skittles up your ass and taste the rainbow! ROFL

Fire Me Boy!
08-14-2017, 03:28 PM
I'm still voting for Milk Duds and the Skor Bar so shove those Skittles up your ass and taste the rainbow! ROFL

This heat wasn't about Skittles vs. either of those. Skor should have won it all.

scho63
08-14-2017, 04:09 PM
This heat wasn't about Skittles vs. either of those. Skor should have won it all.

You have just become my best friend! :D

MTG#10
08-14-2017, 04:34 PM

Heath is better

Fire Me Boy!
08-14-2017, 04:36 PM
Heath is better

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170814/2bb898c39809c5dfb7e2c2ae7502072b.gif

MTG#10
08-14-2017, 04:39 PM
LMAO