PDA

View Full Version : Football Difficulty of playing qb in the NFL

O.city
06-10-2016, 09:04 AM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/tom-brady-play-call-wristband-nfl-new-england-patriots

Pretty cool look at what goes into the Pats play calls.

Crazy the amount of info they have to process

Mennonite
06-10-2016, 09:10 AM
And that's not even counting all the time and trouble of stealing the other team's playbook.

Coochie liquor
06-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Well they are certainly able to communicate with their qb better than the opposing teams who play on their field do to "interference" in the headsets.

DJ's left nut
06-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Bullshit.

QB is easy.

"THROW IT DEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!"

Pasta Little Brioni
06-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Bullshit.

QB is easy.

"THROW IT DEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!"

Count Wangler Football 2016

staylor26
06-10-2016, 09:52 AM
And we're supposed to be scared of that idiot Lynch?

ROFL

RunKC
06-10-2016, 09:52 AM
I don't think memorizing the playbook is the hardest part of being a QB. Utilizing it in situations and reading defenses is IMO.

A QB has all offseason to review the playbook and implement the plays in OTA's/training camp, but it's when you're in a real game and having to read a defense that shows what you're made of.

It's basically chess out there. We lined up in this play but the defense has blitz formations pre-snap with one safety in single high....okay what do I change the play to to exploit that?
Okay I just changed the play and they moved to cover it bc they saw my audible. What now?

Most of a plays success comes before the ball is even snapped. That's why Manning was so good.

DJ's left nut
06-10-2016, 09:54 AM
I don't think memorizing the playbook is the hardest part of being a QB. Utilizing it in situations and reading defenses is IMO.

A QB has all offseason to review the playbook and implement the plays in OTA's/training camp, but it's when you're in a real game and having to read a defense that shows what you're made of.

It's basically chess out there. We lined up in this play but h defense has blitz formations pre-snap with one safety in single high....okay what do I change the play to to exploit that?
Okay I just changed the play and they moved to cover it bc they saw my audible. What now?

Most of a plays success comes before the ball is even snapped. That's why Manning was so good.

Yeah...it's kinda like chess.

But in this version, if you don't see him move his rook into position, the rook ruptures your spleen.

O.city
06-10-2016, 10:05 AM
It's all pretty difficult. You factor in all the option routes and looks they get, it gets tougher.

Hell, look at the playcall. It's hard to verbalize that shit in yhe huddle, much less remember what it all means.

But, when you do it all your life as much as they do, it gets easier

O.city
06-10-2016, 10:06 AM
Alot of reading defenses is tendicies I'd imagine. What they like to do in certain down and distances against certain formations etc.

RunKC
06-10-2016, 10:06 AM
Yeah...it's kinda like chess.

But in this version, if you don't see him move his rook into position, the rook ruptures your spleen.

Well yeah. Hopefully your players aren't morons either.

<iframe width="560" height "315" src="http://youtu.be/DttfyOeU3vw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beef Supreme
06-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Any kid at Guitar Center.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-10-2016, 10:16 AM
And we're supposed to be scared of that idiot Lynch?

ROFL

Exactly. Everything I've heard coming from pile high is he's dumb as a box of rocks

Rain Man
06-10-2016, 10:20 AM
Not every team uses a system that complicated. For example, Matt Cassel's Chiefs wristband only included three plays:

1. Give the ball to Jamaal.
2. Fall down.
3. Thrown an interception.

DJ's left nut
06-10-2016, 10:31 AM

<iframe width="560" height "315" src="http://youtu.be/DttfyOeU3vw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

True.

If I tried to move my queen and she just fell over and took out my King, what's left to do but just throw your hands up and kick the table over?

I'm honestly shocked that more QBs haven't strangled a teammate with their bare hands.

Valiant
06-10-2016, 12:02 PM

A lot of the other skill positions are morons though. Whrn they are not is when you get characters like kennison or super stars like megatron using abilities and brains to beat you.

FlaChief58
06-10-2016, 12:04 PM
Not every team uses a system that complicated. For example, Matt Cassel's Chiefs wristband only included three plays:

1. Give the ball to Jamaal.
2. Fall down.
3. Thrown an interceptions.

It's funny cause it's true ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-10-2016, 12:19 PM
Understanding an NFL playbook would not be that difficult, even for the quarterback.

Once you crack the verbiage, there are relatively few unique terms and it becomes a series of four or five piece puzzles you have to fit together.

O-City, imagine all of the metabolic pathways you had to learn.

ct
06-10-2016, 12:28 PM
reminds me of a scene in an nfl films show on brett favre

a very young coach is standing on sideline next to him on game day, quite exasperated, complaining that it's damn hard to be a coordinator. brett is just lookin at him stone face and dead pans "you should try quarterback sometime".

Baby Lee
06-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Any kid at Guitar Center.

Just the one on Ventura.

O.city
06-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Understanding an NFL playbook would not be that difficult, even for the quarterback.

Once you crack the verbiage, there are relatively few unique terms and it becomes a series of four or five piece puzzles you have to fit together.

O-City, imagine all of the metabolic pathways you had to learn.

True,

But that would be like have 30 seconds to write out the metabolic pathway of staph before the professor asks for the viral reproduction stoppage of (insert virus).

It's obviously doable, but I can see why the best are the best

BlackHelicopters
06-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Quarterback is infinitely more difficult than dentistry. Dentistry has better hours, and no pounding by a juiced up linebacker or strong safety . Quarterbacks don't have to deal with pathogens that can kill if mishandled.

Beef Supreme
06-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Quarterback is infinitely more difficult than dentistry. Dentistry has better hours, and no pounding by a juiced up linebacker or strong safety . Quarterbacks don't have to deal with pathogens that can kill if mishandled.

You don't know what disease that linebacker might be carrying.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-10-2016, 03:57 PM

Awesome reading comprehension, bro.

Gonzo
06-11-2016, 08:23 AM
Looks pretty easy to me...

I can do this and earn 60 million from KC too.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Matt-Cassel-Throws-Ball-at-Defenders-Feet.gif

Deberg_1990
06-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Probably extremely difficult considering only 32 people in the whole world can do it. And only about half of those truly excel at it

Rausch
06-11-2016, 09:54 AM
Probably extremely difficult considering only 32 people in the whole world can do it. And only about half of those truly excel at it

With only 6 starting QB's ever having won a SB...

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-11-2016, 10:21 AM
IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD, AND THEY DON'T GROW ON TREEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
http://rs895.pbsrc.com/albums/ac159/GIFsforhire/Sad-Crying/boohoo.gif~c200

Pasta Little Brioni
06-11-2016, 10:47 AM
So glad they didn't get desperate and reach on Lynch

Baby Lee
06-11-2016, 10:57 AM
IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD, AND THEY DON'T GROW ON TREEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
http://rs895.pbsrc.com/albums/ac159/GIFsforhire/Sad-Crying/boohoo.gif~c200

So glad we have those gigabytes under center.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-11-2016, 10:58 AM
We have a 1-1 QB

milkman
06-11-2016, 11:00 AM
So glad they didn't get desperate and reach on Lynch

When you have more than one team considering him in that range, and even considering spending additional draft capital in order to move up to that range, then it is not a reach.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-11-2016, 12:28 PM
When you have more than one team considering him in that range, and even considering spending additional draft capital in order to move up to that range, then it is not a reach.

In Pasta's fantasy world, everything KC did, does, and will do, will be the best move possible in glorious hindsight.

Enjoy that wonderful "stability"-approach to team building.