PDA

View Full Version : Football Quarterbackery: Round 1, Heat 13

Rain Man
06-14-2016, 06:01 PM
Today we compare the team whose fans wave tea towels against the team whose fans lie on beach towels. That's right, Pittsburgh and San Diego. Let's have a look.

Pittsburgh

Ben Roethlisberger - 12 seasons (and current starter)
Terry Bradshaw - 12
Neil O'Donnell - 5
Kordell Stewart - 4
Mark Malone - 4
Bubby Brister - 3
Tommy Maddox - 2
Mike Tomczak - 2
Dick Shiner (yes, Dick Shiner) - 2
Cliff Stoudt - 1
Joe Gilliam - 1
Kent Nix - 1
Ron Smith - 1

They produced 9 pro bowls, led by Ben Roethlisberger with 4.

San Diego

Dan Fouts - 14 seasons
Phillip Rivers - 10 (and current starter)
John Hadl - 7 (led the team for 10 seasons but only 7 since 1966)
Stan Humphries - 6
Drew Brees - 4
Doug Flutie - 1
Ryan Leaf - 1
Jim Harbaugh - 1
Craig Whelihan - 1
John Friesz - 1
Billy Joe Tolliver - 1
Jim McMahon - 1
Mark Malone - 1
James Harris - 1

They produced 15 pro bowls, led by Dan Fouts with 6.

Rain Man
06-14-2016, 06:08 PM
This one is pretty much a dead heat for me.

When I look at the Steelers, I see 24 years of good QBing and 26 years of pretty bad quarterbacking. When I look at the Chargers I see 28 years of solid QBing and maybe some more with John Hadl. I would rate both of these teams as "somewhat strong" and I wouldn't argue if someone said they were "very strong".

Would I rather have Bradshaw and Rapist or would I rather have Fouts and Rivers? I'd probably take Bradshaw and Rapist. But if you then throw in some early Brees years and a generally solid John Hadl, I think it tilts the choice toward the Chargers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-14-2016, 06:23 PM
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!

Rain Man
06-14-2016, 06:26 PM
I'm going to need some justification for people picking the Steelers. I think their top end is a little bit higher, but I think there's a full decade beyond the main stars where the Chargers were far better than the Steelers at QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-14-2016, 06:33 PM
It's about the franchise. Superior.

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!

Gadzooks
06-14-2016, 10:03 PM
The fact that the Steelers had the Steel Curtain for Bradshaw's SBs and a wicked defense during the rapists rookie SB season doesn't convince me that they've had a better group of QBs than what the cHargers have trotted out over the past 50 years.

I believe if the Chargers were pitted against Jacksonville, like KC was in this first round, we'd see the same result with a Chargers loss. This poll has no integrity because KC homers have no integrity.

Rain Man
06-14-2016, 10:32 PM
The fact that the Steelers had the Steel Curtain for Bradshaw's SBs and a wicked defense during the rapists rookie SB season doesn't convince me that they've had a better group of QBs than what the cHargers have trotted out over the past 50 years.

I believe if the Chargers were pitted against Jacksonville, like KC was in this first round, we'd see the same result with a Chargers loss. This poll has no integrity because KC homers have no integrity.

Hey, don't blame me. I voted for your Stan Humphries-led team.

Gadzooks
06-14-2016, 10:50 PM
Hey, don't blame me. I voted for your Stan Humphries-led team.

I'm not blaming you. You've given objective opinions through each heat.:clap:
I'm also not surprised by the results thus far.:rolleyes: