PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chris Conley #2 WR going into Training Camp

staylor26
06-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Haven't seen this reported yet, which is strange.

@TerezPaylor What's the depth chart order looking like as we enter TC behind Maclin?
7:47 PM - 17 Jun 2016 Retweets 1 1 like

Terez answered:

"Conley is the No. 2 and Albert Wilson is the slot, but Streater, Hill and Thomas all worked in with the first team during OTAs."

I prefer Conley on the outside with Wilson/Streater in the slot like many others on here, so this was good news.

Here is the rest of Terez's mailbag: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article85043232.html#storylink=cpy

The Franchise
06-22-2016, 03:32 PM
Maclin, Conley and Streater.

O.city
06-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Maclin wilson Streater

Cut conley

jspchief
06-22-2016, 03:51 PM
Is Mike Williams on the team?

DaneMcCloud
06-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Is Mike Williams on the team?

He hasn't participated due to injury

RunKC
06-22-2016, 04:17 PM
A high draft pick made by the current regime that is early in his career is always going to get every opportunity to win the job.

Especially when he's in the 99th percentile for speed and vertical ability.

Easy 6
06-22-2016, 04:27 PM
I sincerely hope he shows the necessary growth to keep that spot, we need his size and leaping ability out there

Chief Roundup
06-22-2016, 04:32 PM
Maclin wilson Streater

Cut conley

:spock:

Hammock Parties
06-22-2016, 04:34 PM
the force is with you, young jedi

TimBone
06-22-2016, 04:56 PM
Maclin wilson Streater

Cut conley
C'mon.

Mr. Laz
06-22-2016, 05:01 PM
Conley will get every chance to win the #2 spot.

mdchiefsfan
06-22-2016, 05:07 PM
:spock:

C'mon.

You all just got O .city'd... At least I hope!

okiedokieokoye
06-22-2016, 05:19 PM
Is anyone else worried about Rod Streater? These players on 1 year "prove it" deals can sometimes blow up.

O.city
06-22-2016, 05:51 PM
You all just got O .city'd... At least I hope!

:drool::D:hmmm:ROFL

Easy 6
06-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Is anyone else worried about Rod Streater? These players on 1 year "prove it" deals can sometimes blow up.

I'm not really "worried" since he had a lot to prove coming in... low expectations

Between the backs, tight ends, and what receivers we do have that have shown continued development... we can still field a reasonably dynamic offense without him, or a guy like Williams

DaneMcCloud
06-22-2016, 06:11 PM
I'm not really "worried" since he had a lot to prove coming in... low expectations

His cap hit is $4.8 million dollars, making him the second highest paid wide receiver on the Chiefs roster.

Expectations should be very high.

RunKC
06-22-2016, 06:18 PM
I thought Streaters salary was listed as $4.8 million on overthecap.com bc it was projected as him meeting the metrics of his contract?

staylor26
06-22-2016, 06:20 PM
I thought Streaters salary was listed as $4.8 million on overthecap.com bc it was projected as him meeting the metrics of his contract?

I believe you are correct.

Easy 6
06-22-2016, 07:01 PM
His cap hit is $4.8 million dollars, making him the second highest paid wide receiver on the Chiefs roster.

Expectations should be very high.

Well, when you put it like that... good point, if he disappoints or outright fails that would certainly have a cap impact

But as a football team, this year... Streater panning out is a blessing, not an absolute necessity IMO

DaneMcCloud
06-22-2016, 07:09 PM
Well, when you put it like that... good point, if he disappoints or outright fails that would certainly have a cap impact

But as a football team, this year... Streater panning out is a blessing, not an absolute necessity IMO

I disagree. It's an absolute necessity to take the pressure of of Maclin and Kelce.

Conley's unproven, as is the rest of the WR corp.

It's Streater's job to put up at least 750 yards and 5 TD's.

Chiefshrink
06-22-2016, 10:05 PM
I believe you are correct.

How many WRs do we roster in general ?

staylor26
06-22-2016, 10:19 PM
How many WRs do we roster in general ?

Most likely 6.

Simply Red
06-22-2016, 10:39 PM
I need him to have a good season after last year propping him up.

WhiteWhale
06-22-2016, 11:24 PM
I disagree. It's an absolute necessity to take the pressure of of Maclin and Kelce.

Yeah, well, it was Matt Flynn's job to lead the Seahawks in 2012.

You're right that he needs to produce for his own sake. As a fan, as long as we get the production from someone he can hit the dusty trail when the season's over if he's not gonna contribute it.

SeeingRed
06-22-2016, 11:51 PM
Chris Conley will be coming into the starting line up...and the force will be with him

DaneMcCloud
06-23-2016, 01:18 AM
Yeah, well, it was Matt Flynn's job to lead the Seahawks in 2012.

You're right that he needs to produce for his own sake. As a fan, as long as we get the production from someone he can hit the dusty trail when the season's over if he's not gonna contribute it.

This post is complete shit.

The Chiefs didn't sign Streater to be their #1 wide receiver.

Also, he signed a one year deal. If he puts up great numbers, he'll be in demand next year for every team looking for a solid #2.

If he doesn't contribute, it's a one year deal and he won't return.

Duh.

ChiefGator
06-23-2016, 07:51 AM
Great.. like Wilson in the slot better than on the outside.

Of course, we might be loading it up on TE's as well, in which case Wilson would rarely see the field.

If Conley can actually WIN the #2 spot, I think that bodes well for our WR core.

ChiefGator
06-23-2016, 07:55 AM
The signing bonus for Streater was only 10k; most of the rest is salary and incentives.

There is a chance he doesn't make it out of training camp if Conley or some of the other newcomers looks good.

Oh, and here is the salary information.

"Rod Streater signed a 1 year, $810,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $10,000 signing bonus, $110,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $810,000. In 2016, Streater will earn a base salary of $760,000, a signing bonus of $10,000, a workout bonus of $40,000 and a incentive bonus of $4,000,000. Streater has a cap hit of $4,810,000 while his dead money value is $110,000."

RunKC
06-23-2016, 08:03 AM
I hope Conley breaks out bc he's cheap for a few more years. its a big upgrade that him or Conley will start outside bc Wilson isn't cut out to be in that role.

I wonder if Hill could take reps away from Wilson? From reports, Hill has been a natural at WR unlike DAT.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2016, 10:42 AM
If the Chiefs' offense takes the next step is will be because improvement at the WR position.

CB is the key position on defense, we need someone to step up and everyone to stay healthy.

Everywhere else we are pretty stable.

Stryker
06-23-2016, 10:42 AM

Also, he signed a one year deal. If he puts up great numbers, he'll be in demand next year for every team looking for a solid #2.

Duh.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

WhiteWhale
06-23-2016, 01:03 PM

Duh.

Nobody implied anything you interpreted.

Good job arguing with ghosts.

SAUTO
06-23-2016, 02:23 PM

I took your post the exact way he did, ftr.

Mr_Tomahawk
06-23-2016, 02:37 PM
That is interesting.

A few days ago, TJ was on 810 and said that the most shocking thing about OTA's was how Conley did nothing...he wasn't bad, but he wasn't good. He was JAG.

DaneMcCloud
06-23-2016, 03:02 PM

I think you need to re-read your post

Otter
06-23-2016, 03:49 PM
I have high hopes for this lad. Go gettem' kid!

Direckshun
06-23-2016, 04:07 PM
That is interesting.

A few days ago, TJ was on 810 and said that the most shocking thing about OTA's was how Conley did nothing...he wasn't bad, but he wasn't good. He was JAG.

Well he's not exactly competing against murderer's row.

staylor26
06-23-2016, 04:13 PM
That is interesting.

TJ's a fucking idiot, so I would take what he says with a grain of salt.

Rain Man
06-23-2016, 04:15 PM
The signing bonus for Streater was only 10k; most of the rest is salary and incentives.

There is a chance he doesn't make it out of training camp if Conley or some of the other newcomers looks good.

Oh, and here is the salary information.

"Rod Streater signed a 1 year, $810,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $10,000 signing bonus, $110,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $810,000. In 2016, Streater will earn a base salary of $760,000, a signing bonus of $10,000, a workout bonus of $40,000 and a incentive bonus of $4,000,000. Streater has a cap hit of $4,810,000 while his dead money value is $110,000."

What the heck is that incentive bonus? Now THAT's an incentive.

Ming the Merciless
06-23-2016, 04:18 PM
Hrmm...

DaneMcCloud
06-23-2016, 04:19 PM
What the heck is that incentive bonus? Now THAT's an incentive.

It means that if he meets all of the incentives in the contract, which usually includes things like a minimum amount of yardage, TD's, games played, Pro Bowl, All Pro and Super Bowl, he'll earn $4 million dollars.

Rain Man
06-23-2016, 04:22 PM
It means that if he meets all of the incentives in the contract, which usually includes things like a minimum amount of yardage, TD's, games played, Pro Bowl, All Pro and Super Bowl, he'll earn $4 million dollars.

Well, I hope he gets it.

Easy 6
06-23-2016, 04:32 PM

We still have guys like Brown, Robinson, Hill and Mathews hanging around, to go along with the top three in Maclin, Conley and Wilson... dude c'mon, if Streater tanks someone will step up to one degree or another

Or, Reid will just scheme heavier with the backs and tight ends to help pick up the slack

Streater was a non-entity his last year with the raiders, theres no real reason to expect too much... they took another gamble on a youngish vet like they've done multiple times since day one and gave him an incentive laden contract

Its not something I feel a great need to argue about, simply stating my belief that if he fails, there is enough talent on hand to minimize his failure

DaneMcCloud
06-23-2016, 04:53 PM
We still have guys like Brown, Robinson, Hill and Mathews hanging around

None of whom have had any NFL experience. Brown was a 7th, Robinson a 4th, Hill a 5th and Mathews undrafted.

That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the position.

to go along with the top three in Maclin, Conley and Wilson... dude c'mon, if Streater tanks someone will step up to one degree or another

Maclin's the only reliable receiver from that group. Look at the offense in the Patriots playoff game as proof. Once Maclin's off the field, the offense became ineffective.

Streater was a non-entity his last year with the raiders, theres no real reason to expect too much...

Rod Streater had 1,452 yards and 7 TD's his first two seasons in the league. He was injured in 2014 and only appeared in 3 games. He was a healthy scratch in 2015 due to a new coaching staff and scheme.

Its not something I feel a great need to argue about, simply stating my belief that if he fails, there is enough talent on hand to minimize his failure

Talent? Where? I was a bigger fan of Brown than Avant last year but the fact remains that he's a longshot to make the roster. Conley's proven nothing, Wilson is small and doesn't sell out for the football. Expecting a 4th or 5th rounder to step into a starting role to provide 750+ yards is unrealistic, IMO.

The Chiefs will need a healthy Rod Streater if they're to make progress in 2016.

Meatloaf
06-23-2016, 05:16 PM
None of whom have had any NFL experience. Brown was a 7th, Robinson a 4th, Hill a 5th and Mathews undrafted.

That doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the position.

Maclin's the only reliable receiver from that group. Look at the offense in the Patriots playoff game as proof. Once Maclin's off the field, the offense became ineffective.

Rod Streater had 1,452 yards and 7 TD's his first two seasons in the league. He was injured in 2014 and only appeared in 3 games. He was a healthy scratch in 2015 due to a new coaching staff and scheme.

Talent? Where? I was a bigger fan of Brown than Avant last year but the fact remains that he's a longshot to make the roster. Conley's proven nothing, Wilson is small and doesn't sell out for the football. Expecting a 4th or 5th rounder to step into a starting role to provide 750+ yards is unrealistic, IMO.

The Chiefs will need a healthy Rod Streater if they're to make progress in 2016.

Dane, though I generally agree with your take here, my hope is that Robinson has much more talent than a "normal" 4th rounder. I believe off-the-field contributed to his slide in the draft as most of the write-ups I've seen on Robinson suggest that he is essentially as talented of a receiver as pretty much anyone in the draft. I have high hopes for this kid, but until we see him with pads and pro competition, it's just a hope.

Also, many CPers have suggested, as you did, that Wilson doesn't sell out for the football. You all may be correct, but I'm hoping that what we saw was him guarding his hammy's so as not to induce a full-fledged pull. To me, he looked more like he was favoring his hammy rather than being timid about getting the rock.

Anyway, just a couple of thoughts as we endure what seems like a very loooooong off season.

Chiefshrink
06-23-2016, 05:29 PM
By mid-season or later barring no injuries here is what I would like to see.

1.Maclin
2.Williams
3.Streater
4.Conley
5.Robinson
6.Hill - a muscular Devon Hester type with more speed that will not only be able to take a hit but break tackles as well on STs and will be awesome in the slot.

PS - Mitch Matthews

Wilson gets released. Guy is so overrated and when he didn't lay out last year for that one long pass it said everything IMHO.

DAT released. Kid is soft. Nuff said.

DaneMcCloud
06-23-2016, 05:31 PM
Dane, though I generally agree with your take here, my hope is that Robinson has much more talent than a "normal" 4th rounder. I believe off-the-field contributed to his slide in the draft as most of the write-ups I've seen on Robinson suggest that he is essentially as talented of a receiver as pretty much anyone in the draft. I have high hopes for this kid, but until we see him with pads and pro competition, it's just a hope.

Also, many CPers have suggested, as you did, that Wilson doesn't sell out for the football. You all may be correct, but I'm hoping that what we saw was him guarding his hammy's so as not to induce a full-fledged pull. To me, he looked more like he was favoring his hammy rather than being timid about getting the rock.

Anyway, just a couple of thoughts as we endure what seems like a very loooooong off season.

It's well documented that young receivers have difficulty in Reid's offense. It's not as if Robinson, Hill, Brown, et al, were high first rounders like Maclin. These are guys that have less than a 50% chance to be playing football in three years.

It would nice if the Chiefs had a breakout rookie or second year player in 2016 but I do not expect it.