PDA

View Full Version : Football Johnny Manziel’s Father Hopes Son Goes to Jail. Calls him a "druggie"

Dave Lane
06-25-2016, 05:22 PM
Johnny Manziel’s family has had enough of the NFL free agent quarterback’s ever-growing list of trouble. The former Cleveland Browns quarterback was back in the news this week after he was involved in another hit-and-run accident. And to make matters worse for him, his lawyer, Bob Hinton, accidentally sent a damaging text to The Associated Press. The text, which in part said “Heaven help us if one of the conditions is to pee in a bottle,” also mentioned a potential plea deal in Manziel’s domestic violence case and that the QB spent more than $1,000 on drug paraphernalia shortly after the hit-and-run.

Manziel’s father, Paul, was quite candid about the situation when ESPN’s Josina Anderson asked him Friday for a comment. “He’s a druggie. It’s not a secret that he’s a druggie,” Paul Manziel said in a phone interview Friday. “I don’t know what to say other than my son is a druggie and he needs help. He just hasn’t (sought) it yet. Hopefully he doesn’t die before he comes to his senses. That’s about all you can say. I don’t know what else to say. … “I had him in rehab and he escaped and the doctors let him go, and that is a whole other story. So I mean I had him (in rehab) and the system failed. It didn’t work. “He has more money than me, so he can outrun me. Like I said, there are two things that are going to happen: He’s either going to die, or he’s going to figure out that he needs help. It’s one of the two. But we’ve done everything that we can do. Life goes on. You can’t just chase somebody that’s not willing to listen. The story is not going to change. It’s the same. … “I mean, I hate to say it, but I hope he goes to jail. I mean, that would be the best place for him.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/06/johnny-manziels-father-hopes-son-goes-to-jail-calls-him-a-druggie/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=im

eDave
06-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Starting to feel sad for him. He knows damn good and well what he is jeopardizing. Was his dad a satellite dad?

http://images4.static-bluray.com/reviews/5784_4.jpg

alpha_omega
06-25-2016, 05:47 PM
That's a HUGE mistake by the lawyer.

That being said, good for dad.

notorious
06-25-2016, 06:13 PM
Dad created this little bastard. He should be embarrassed.

TLO
06-25-2016, 06:45 PM
Shits given = less than zero

NewChief
06-25-2016, 06:46 PM
His fucked up gypsy family created the monster. Good that he's trying to draw the line now, but drawing it 20 years ago would have done him a lot more good.

Bwana
06-25-2016, 06:49 PM
Ryan Leaf 2.0

BWillie
06-25-2016, 06:50 PM

How do you know? Its not always the parents fault

eDave
06-25-2016, 06:50 PM
How do you know? Its not always the parents fault

I'd think better parenting prevents this travesty.

BWillie
06-25-2016, 06:52 PM
Sometimes. Sometimes not. I know tons of great ppl who have shit ass parents, and some total assholes who have great parents.

Deberg_1990
06-25-2016, 07:11 PM
Ryan Leaf 2.0

Sort of

More like Todd Marinovich

notorious
06-25-2016, 07:35 PM
Sometimes. Sometimes not. I know tons of great ppl who have shit ass parents, and some total assholes who have great parents.

There are always exceptions to the rule.

Mama Hip Rockets
06-25-2016, 07:43 PM

This seems silly. You know nothing about his parenting.

Setsuna
06-25-2016, 07:45 PM
Yeah this is 100% his dad's fault. He had 10 years to instill some good values in this kid and failed before he became rotten. Even so that is your son and you can't just throw him to the wolves like that. He needs something to come back to when his life comes crashing down around him or else he'll go right back to the crowd that got him in this mess and never get out.

BryanBusby
06-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Some dumb shit being posted. Values don't mean shit when you're young, rich and you think you're invincible.

Lex Luthor
06-25-2016, 09:04 PM
Yeah this is 100% his dad's fault. He had 10 years to instill some good values in this kid and failed before he became rotten. Even so that is your son and you can't just throw him to the wolves like that. He needs something to come back to when his life comes crashing down around him or else he'll go right back to the crowd that got him in this mess and never get out.

You're speaking rather authoritatively about a topic where you really no information or knowledge. You have no idea what Manziel's dad did or didn't do as a parent.

This seems silly. You know nothing about his parenting.

Exactly.

Boo hoo. Excuse me if I don't have one bit of sympathy for a rich kid with superb athletic skills who is one of the biggest dumbasses on the planet. This is not his dad's fault. People are responsible for their own decisions, and Manziel has decided over and over to be a complete idiot.

Bowser
06-25-2016, 09:07 PM
And to think this guy almost led a comeback against the Chiefs in Arrowhead. Lol.

Bowser
06-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Sort of

More like Todd Marinovich

Only WAY more high (impressive, actually).

BigRedChief
06-25-2016, 09:09 PM
I thought Daddy Manziel had money? Or his family was rich?

Deberg_1990
06-25-2016, 09:13 PM
I thought Daddy Manziel had money? Or his family was rich?

They do. What difference does that make?

ptlyon
06-25-2016, 10:11 PM
People know good and they know bad. That's it. He chose the latter.

Easy 6
06-25-2016, 10:28 PM
I just wanna play ball, bro

LOL how bad is it when even the old man wants you in jail

EPodolak
06-25-2016, 11:18 PM
Everything about him as a college player screamed he'd be like this as a pro.

BigRedChief
06-26-2016, 01:00 AM
They do. What difference does that make?he sounded in the article like he didn't have the money to track him.

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 01:13 AM
His parents reportedly have a net worth of more than $50 million, mostly through inheritance.

Unfortunately, the best parents can produce kids that have issues. I have no idea if Manziel's parents were great, attentive parents.

But his father's comments aren't those is associate with a great dad.

patteeu
06-26-2016, 06:28 AM

Why not? I have no idea what kind of dad he was, but I don't see anything wrong with his comment to the reporter. What am I missing?

Gonzo
06-26-2016, 06:33 AM
Why not? I have no idea what kind of dad he was, but I don't see anything wrong with his comment to the reporter. What am I missing?

Agreed.

If it was a normal, middle class family, no money involved, it might be a little different but not much.

Johnny can go anywhere he wants and his dad knows the only way he'll even possibly get clean is by being locked up.

Why Not?
06-26-2016, 08:19 AM
I don't see anything wrong with his comment to the reporter. What am I missing?

You'll find the answer you are seeking in the sentence above your question.

Why Not?
06-26-2016, 08:22 AM
And, for what it's worth, I don't think it's his dad's or anybody else's fault. But why discuss all of that with the whole world? I get that it's probably a desperate move to try to get through to his son but that's pretty personal stuff to just throw out to everybody.

patteeu
06-26-2016, 08:29 AM
You'll find the answer you are seeking in the sentence above your question.

Huh?

Why Not?
06-26-2016, 08:35 AM
Huh?

He got in depth with ESPN, which basically is like talking to the whole world, about a personal/familial issue. I don't care how big of a douche your son is, he's still your son. Why the need to bury him like that? A simple "no comment" or "Johnny knows where we're at with him and we hope he gets the help he needs" would suffice.

So, basically what I'm saying is, the problem with his comments is that he made them at all. At least in the fashion or to the forum that he did.

patteeu
06-26-2016, 08:45 AM
He got in depth with ESPN, which basically is like talking to the whole world, about a personal/familial issue. I don't care how big of a douche your son is, he's still your son. Why the need to bury him like that? A simple "no comment" or "Johnny knows where we're at with him and we hope he gets the help he needs" would suffice.

So, basically what I'm saying is, the problem with his comments is that he made them at all. At least in the fashion or to the forum that he did.

Ok. We can agree to disagree on that. I'm still curious about Dane's answer.

RINGLEADER
06-26-2016, 09:14 AM
Stupid usually isn't taught, but it is learned.

Why Not?
06-26-2016, 09:16 AM
Ok. We can agree to disagree on that. I'm still curious about Dane's answer.

Fair enough

jspchief
06-26-2016, 09:21 AM
I like how people are rushing to defend the father. If the kid had any sort of discipline growing up, he wouldn't have been such a raging douche. This is just another case of Affluenza run rampant. No shit the father "doesn't know what to do about it"... he's probably spent Johnny's entire life being a friend instead of a father.

stevieray
06-26-2016, 09:23 AM
"... he's probably spent Johnny's entire life being a friend instead of a father.

...most likely.

...and prolly one of the absolute worst things you can do as a parent and exactly why they aren't friends now.

SAUTO
06-26-2016, 09:50 AM
His parents reportedly have a net worth of more than $50 million, mostly through inheritance.

Unfortunately, the best parents can produce kids that have issues. I have no idea if Manziel's parents were great, attentive parents.

If that's the case how does Johnny have more money than he does?

SAUTO
06-26-2016, 09:52 AM
Yeah he's worth 6 million to his parents 50 million.

So his dad lied in this article.

Titty Meat
06-26-2016, 10:06 AM
How do you blame the father for his son having a drug addict other than genes which can't be controlled? Is Andy Reid a bad father too?

jspchief
06-26-2016, 10:21 AM
How do you blame the father for his son having a drug addict other than genes which can't be controlled? Is Andy Reid a bad father too?the same way I blame your parents for the raging imbecile you are.

patteeu
06-26-2016, 10:28 AM
Parenting obviously makes a difference, but at some point grown adults should be held accountable for themselves (both in terms of credit for the good and blame for the bad).

fan4ever
06-26-2016, 10:29 AM
I like how people are rushing to defend the father. If the kid had any sort of discipline growing up, he wouldn't have been such a raging douche. This is just another case of Affluenza run rampant. No shit the father "doesn't know what to do about it"... he's probably spent Johnny's entire life being a friend instead of a father.

You've got a kid who's been told by all sorts of people the sun rises on his ass since he was probably about 10 years old. I think even a GREAT parent would have a hard time insulating him from all the adulation and raising a well adjusted kid. I know it happens, I just think it would be very, very hard.

Deberg_1990
06-26-2016, 10:30 AM
Parenting obviously makes a difference, but at some point grown adults should be held accountable for themselves (both in terms of credit for the good and blame for the bad).

Exactly Nobody here has any idea what kind of father his dad was.

There are tons of NFL busts who dont become raging, druggie, D-Bags. You just never know how a kid will handle money, fame and entitlement at a young age.

LoneWolf
06-26-2016, 10:48 AM
...most likely.

...and prolly one of the absolute worst things you can do as a parent and exactly why they aren't friends now.

I'm curious. Do you have any sons?

jspchief
06-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Manziel has been a douche since day one. It's not like he got corrupted by the money and fame. He was a low character guy from the start.

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 11:04 AM
You've got a kid who's been told by all sorts of people the sun rises on his ass since he was probably about 10 years old. I think even a GREAT parent would have a hard time insulating him from all the adulation and raising a well adjusted kid. I know it happens, I just think it would be very, very hard.

The same can be said for Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, John Elway, LeBron James and any number of mega-talented athletes.

The difference is parenting and family. Manziel, unlike those mentioned, bought into the hype and adulation. The trouble usually begins when one begins to believe their own press clippings.

If a person doesn't respect their parents, siblings or any person of authority in their life, it's difficult to respect ones self.

SAUTO
06-26-2016, 11:07 AM
His whole family appears to be shit.

Drug charges more than once

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 11:08 AM
Exactly Nobody here has any idea what kind of father his dad was.

No, but we have a pretty good idea of his parenting skills now.

If he was my son or daughter and I had virtually unlimited financial resources, I'd certainly be more active and attentive. I wouldn't go on national TV and say he should be locked up when I myself have done virtually nothing to help him.

Mr. Kotter
06-26-2016, 11:19 AM
Anyone in here who thinks that Johnny's parenting was the decisive element in his becoming a complete douche-bag narcissist, has a poor understanding of both parenting and human development. It's a complex confluence of nature, nurture, life experience, peer interactions, and a real bitch called free will. Genetics and parenting play a big role, especially early; however, life, friends, and personal choices hold much greater sway once kids head into high school and beyond. People who work with children and young adults understand that simple truth. People who suggest otherwise, are simply ignorant. Great parents can produce absolute dregs of society; likewise, some kids are able to thrive despite a shitty hand they are dealt. I see it every single day.

None of us know the details of Johnny's formative years, or the circumstances that have led him down this self-destructive path. I think it's safe to say his father knows him better than any windbags on a discussion board. I'll defer to his judgment that tough love may be the last best option to wake-up his kid. He may be right, or he may be wrong. In the end though, it's Johnny, not his dad, who will be the one to either figure things out--or not.

The same can be said for Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, John Elway, LeBron James and any number of mega-talented athletes.

The difference is parenting and family. Manziel, unlike those mentioned, bought into the hype and adulation. The trouble usually begins when one begins to believe their own press clippings.

If a person doesn't respect their parents, siblings or any person of authority in their life, it's difficult to respect ones self.

None of what you say here refutes the notion that this is much, much more on Johnny himself, than anything to do with parenting. As your own children reach adulthood, you will learn this yourself. Parents are like Presidents; they get much more blame for things, and much more credit for things....than they ever really deserve.

LoneWolf
06-26-2016, 11:31 AM
No, but we have a pretty good idea of his parenting skills now.

If he was my son or daughter and I had virtually unlimited financial resources, I'd certainly be more active and attentive. I wouldn't go on national TV and say he should be locked up when I myself have done virtually nothing to help him.

How do you know he has done absolutely nothing to help him?

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 11:31 AM
None of what you say here refutes the notion that this is much, much more on Johnny himself, than anything to do with parenting. As your own children reach adulthood, you will learn this yourself. Parents are like Presidents; they get much more blame for things, and much more credit for things....than they ever really deserve.

I couldn't disagree more. Throughout my life, I have never forgotten the guidance I received from my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and parents and family of my best friends.

Without it, I have no idea of how my life would be today but it certainly wouldn't be the same.

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 11:33 AM
How do you know he has done absolutely nothing to help him?

Don't you think he would have said as much? All he's said to date is that if his son doesn't get help, he'll be dead within a year and recently, that his son is a druggie and needs to go to jail.

Why didn't he say "I've been tracking and following my son all over the country and I'm doing my best to convince him that he needs help now, not later"?

LoneWolf
06-26-2016, 11:41 AM
“I had him in rehab and he escaped and the doctors let him go, and that is a whole other story. So I mean I had him (in rehab) and the system failed. It didn’t work.

But we’ve done everything that we can do. You can’t just chase somebody that’s not willing to listen. The story is not going to change. It’s the same.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/06/johnny-manziels-father-hopes-son-goes-to-jail-calls-him-a-druggie/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=im

Don't you think he would have said as much? All he's said to date is that if his son doesn't get help, he'll be dead within a year and recently, that his son is a druggie and needs to go to jail.

Why didn't he say "I've been tracking and following my son all over the country and I'm doing my best to convince him that he needs help now, not later"?

:hmmm:

beach tribe
06-26-2016, 11:56 AM
I have known twins with the exact same upbringing. One of which became a total junkie, the other, a very successful member of society.

It is very often that parenting plays a huge role, but some of the best parents ever can still produce people like Johnny.

Mr. Kotter
06-26-2016, 11:59 AM
I couldn't disagree more. Throughout my life, I have never forgotten the guidance I received from my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and parents and family of my best friends.

Without it, I have no idea of how my life would be today but it certainly wouldn't be the same.

Dane, the truth is...you may "remember" the guidance, and it may have certainly helped, but the other factors in your development likely had much more influence than the parenting--chief among them your own choices. Free will in one helluva a bitch; and most people don't want to accept responsibility or blame for their own choices. It's easier, and more convenient, to blame others.

stevieray
06-26-2016, 12:01 PM
I'm curious.

why?

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 12:04 PM
:hmmm:

It's a lie that his son has more money.

Secondly, there isn't a parent in the world with any common sense that would believe that their child would be in a"better" place if he was in prison. That's just utter stupidity.

And finally, no one would give a shit if the guy wasn't a star college athlete and chosen in the first round NFL draft. There are offspring of wealthy parents around the world that party and use recreational drugs everyday and those parents aren't calling for them to be incarcerated.

His father sounds like a jackass.

Mr. Kotter
06-26-2016, 12:06 PM
why?

I suspect it's because he feels differently. There is a certain kinship between same-gender parents and children that develops more into a friendship, especially with age. However, what you said is true...too many parents are solely focused on being their child's "friend." It's particularly bad practice during the children's formative years. As adults, a more friend-like relationship does seem to develop--especially with same gender children.

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 12:06 PM
Dane, the truth is...you may "remember" the guidance, and it may have certainly helped, but the other factors in your development likely had much more influence than the parenting--chief among them your own choices. Free will in one helluva a bitch; and most people don't want to accept responsibility or blame for their own choices. It's easier, and more convenient, to blame others.
I've never been surrounded by people that blamed others and I can't even claim to know anyone that's blamed others.

What you're describing sounds like someone without a conscience. I can't claim to know anyone like that, either, but if I did, I certainly didn't know the person well.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-26-2016, 12:15 PM
If the Chiefs had drafted Manziel this would have never happened. The Browns are where QBs go to die. I think him being a Brown destroyed his enthusiasm and he turned to drugs. being Josh Gordons teammate didn't help.

Mr. Kotter
06-26-2016, 12:19 PM
I've never been surrounded by people that blamed others and I can't even claim to know anyone that's blamed others.

What you're describing sounds like someone without a conscience. I can't claim to know anyone like that, either, but if I did, I certainly didn't know the person well.

Conscience, values, morals, and respect are a part of the fiber of your being (except perhaps here on CP, heh... ;) )and it was nurtured by your family. It would seem that you have had the good fortune of associating with others who share that experience and perspective. Lucky you. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who instead embrace nihilism and hedonistic values, and for them life becomes a narcissistic and self-absorbed pursuit of whatever feels good at the moment with little or no regard for others. Johnny seems to be one of those people. Sometimes they figure it out and turn things around; sometimes they don't. On a side note, as someone with entertainment industry connections, you should be very well acquainted with it.

patteeu
06-26-2016, 12:51 PM
Thumbs up for your posts in this thread, Mr Kotter. :thumb:

stevieray
06-26-2016, 12:56 PM
I suspect it's because he feels differently. There is a certain kinship between same-gender parents and children that develops more into a friendship, especially with age. However, what you said is true...too many parents are solely focused on being their child's "friend." It's particularly bad practice during the children's formative years. As adults, a more friend-like relationship does seem to develop--especially with same gender children.

sure, but you can have solid relationships with both.

..and I agree with your stance...His dad prolly didn't do him any favors, but even so..it's still up to JM to be accountable for his own actions/decisions. Bad parenting is neither an excuse or a crutch. Plenty of people can overcome, if they give a damn.

Deep down like everyone else. JM knows what is right and wrong.

I'm not holding my breath though, the money can and will steal your conscience.

Mr. Kotter
06-26-2016, 01:20 PM
sure, but you can have solid relationships with both.

..and I agree with your stance...His dad prolly didn't do him any favors, but even so..it's still up to JM to be accountable for his own actions/decisions. Bad parenting is neither an excuse or a crutch. Plenty of people can overcome, if they give a damn.

Deep down like everyone else. JM knows what is right and wrong.

I'm not holding my breath though, the money can and will steal your conscience.

Sounds like as close to agreement as you and I (patty and I, too) have come in some time...

LoneWolf
06-26-2016, 01:27 PM
It's a lie that his son has more money.

Secondly, there isn't a parent in the world with any common sense that would believe that their child would be in a"better" place if he was in prison. That's just utter stupidity.

And finally, no one would give a shit if the guy wasn't a star college athlete and chosen in the first round NFL draft. There are offspring of wealthy parents around the world that party and use recreational drugs everyday and those parents aren't calling for them to be incarcerated.

His father sounds like a jackass.

I never addressed the money situation between Johnny and his parents. I find it irrelevant.

You don't think there are parents who think there kid would be better off in prison than continuing down the path of drug addiction? If my son grows up, becomes a drug addict, and has shunned all of my efforts to help him, I would much rather he be picked up by the police and thrown in jail than to continue to throw his life away abusing drugs.

Johnny isn't just using drugs recreationally and still living a productive life. Drugs are ruining his life and he has wasted more opportunities than most people receive in a lifetime.

fan4ever
06-26-2016, 01:28 PM

That's why I said "I know it happens"...you can do a great job of parenting and outside forces can influence how someone turns out...I'm not saying it's a crap shoot, but what I am saying is this kid turning out to be such a loser may have less to do with how he was raised and more to do with who he allowed himself to become...parents can't shield him from the world.

LoneWolf
06-26-2016, 01:32 PM
why?

I just disagree that a good parent can't be friends with their children. My father has been my best friend my entire life. A truly good friend is not afraid to tell you when you're messing up and my father was never afraid to discipline me when I was younger. He always took the time to explain why I was being punished and teach me life lessons along the way.

TLO
06-26-2016, 01:52 PM
FUCK DAFACE. FUCK THE MODS.

FREE HOOTIE, THIG LIFE, AND CLAY!

eDave
06-26-2016, 01:56 PM
Smoke's gone scorched earth.

LoneWolf
06-26-2016, 01:59 PM
Smoke's gone scorched earth.

He's trying to get permabanned. He wants to be on the CP Mt. Rushmore of martyrdom along with Thig, Hootie, and KC Native.

Perineum Ripper
06-26-2016, 02:03 PM
FUCK DAFACE. FUCK THE MODS.

FREE HOOTIE, THIG LIFE, AND CLAY!

http://data.photofunky.net/output/image/c/8/2/c/c82c85/photofunky.gif

vailpass
06-26-2016, 02:11 PM
he sounded in the article like he didn't have the money to track him.

Heh.

vailpass
06-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Yeah he's worth 6 million to his parents 50 million.

So his dad lied in this article.

Nah. Look at it like "he's got more money to spend on the bullshit he's pulling than i can/ will spend on countering it."

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 03:12 PM
I never addressed the money situation between Johnny and his parents. I find it irrelevant.

You don't think there are parents who think there kid would be better off in prison than continuing down the path of drug addiction? If my son grows up, becomes a drug addict, and has shunned all of my efforts to help him, I would much rather he be picked up by the police and thrown in jail than to continue to throw his life away abusing drugs.

Johnny isn't just using drugs recreationally and still living a productive life. Drugs are ruining his life and he has wasted more opportunities than most people receive in a lifetime.

You're fooling yourself thinking that drug use doesn't occur in prisons. Condemning him to prison because he needs treatment is absolutely the wrong path to take. Plus, once he's spent time in prison, there's absolutely no reason to be leave that he'd be reformed after a sentence. That's silly.

If he wants to "throw away his life" by partying, that's his decision. But the fact remains that if he were to get help and re-dedicate himself to football, he'd make insane money once again.

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 03:21 PM
On a side note, as someone with entertainment industry connections, you should be very well acquainted with it.

Well acquainted with what? Narcissism?

Man, 99.99% of the people I know that work in the entertainment business, whether it's behind the camera, in front of it, admin, lawyers, accountants and so on are normal, everyday people with jobs and families.

The only drug use I've ever seen in 23 years is marijuana, which is legal with a medical card.

The idea that everyone is an over-the-top, narcissistic, drugged out, unapproachable asshole is a fallacy.

eDave
06-26-2016, 03:23 PM

Man, 99.99% of the people I know that work in the entertainment business, whether it's behind the camera, in front of it, admin, lawyers, accountants and so on are normal, everyday people with jobs and families.

The only drug use I've ever seen in 23 years is marijuana, which is legal with a medical card.

The idea that everyone is an over-the-top, narcissistic, drugged out, unapproachable asshole is a fallacy.

Is this true? I can't get my head around that.

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 03:45 PM
Is this true? I can't get my head around that.

Complete truth.

eDave
06-26-2016, 03:48 PM
Complete truth.

Huh. I always thought you've been to some parties and have seen some shit.

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 03:52 PM
Huh. I always thought you've been to some parties and have seen some shit.

Oh, I've been to tons of parties and hung with plenty "famous" people but I've never been around serious drug use.

Hell, I was at a party last night with several "celebs" in attendance and it was just booze and pot.

Mr. Kotter
06-26-2016, 03:59 PM

No one said, "everyone".....but 1 in 10,000... or less? Seriously? :spock:

Check out this list or about 800 or so....with celebrity over-representation being pretty evident...not to mention the wanna-be and fringe types...who aren't "notable" but industry involved

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_drug-related_deaths

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 04:15 PM
No one said, "everyone".....but 1 in 10,000... or less? Seriously? :spock:

Check out this list or about 800 or so....with celebrity over-representation being pretty evident...not to mention the wanna-be and fringe types...who aren't "notable" but industry involved

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_drug-related_deaths

That list has way too many alcohol-related deaths to count, along with a fair share of accidental prescription overdoses.

That said, I never stated that drug abusers don't exist. I stated that I've never seen in it live and in person, regardless of the amount of fame or power has been involved.

It's really difficult to maintain a job, mortgage and family if you're constantly whacked on cocaine and heroin.

Deberg_1990
06-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Oh, I've been to tons of parties and hung with plenty "famous" people but I've never been around serious drug use.

Hell, I was at a party last night with several "celebs" in attendance and it was just booze and pot.

You disappoint me Dane....

No Charlie Sheen parties ever?

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 05:04 PM
You disappoint me Dane....

No Charlie Sheen parties ever?

Charlie Sheen? No. His co-workers and associates? Yes.

Regardless, I'm not going into detail about my voluminous adventures over the years.

I'll keep all that stuff on the double secret PM list.

SAUTO
06-26-2016, 05:50 PM

Drugs are easy to get in jail, VERY easy.

LoneWolf
06-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Drugs are easy to get in jail, VERY easy.

I've never been. I'll take your word for it.

SAUTO
06-26-2016, 06:13 PM

I've never been to prison. Had many friends that have though and they did exactly inside what they did outside. There were no issues especially when people would put money on their books.

LoneWolf
06-26-2016, 06:14 PM
You're fooling yourself thinking that drug use doesn't occur in prisons. Condemning him to prison because he needs treatment is absolutely the wrong path to take. Plus, once he's spent time in prison, there's absolutely no reason to be leave that he'd be reformed after a sentence. That's silly.

If he wants to "throw away his life" by partying, that's his decision. But the fact remains that if he were to get help and re-dedicate himself to football, he'd make insane money once again.

All the quibbling about what is the right way for his father to handle this situation aside, I doubt that Manziel ever gets another shot in the NFL. He never had the prototypical QB talent to begin with. There isn't a team in the league willing to take the chance on a fringe talent with his immense personal issues.

SAUTO
06-26-2016, 06:16 PM
Longest I've been in jail was 7 days, ironically it was when my dad was going on vacation and had me out on bond. So he didn't have to worry about what crazy shit I would do while he was gone he just pulled my bond and sent me back. Then bonded me out when he got back.

I thought he was such an asshole.

LoneWolf
06-26-2016, 06:16 PM
I've never been to prison. Had many friends that have though and they did exactly inside what they did outside. There were no issues especially when people would put money on their books.

Looks like my privileged upbringing and naïveté are shining through.

DaneMcCloud
06-26-2016, 06:17 PM
All the quibbling about what is the right way for his father to handle this situation aside, I doubt that Manziel ever gets another shot in the NFL. He never had the prototypical QB talent to begin with. There isn't a team in the league willing to take the chance on a fringe talent with his immense personal issues.

QB's are always at a premium. Look at Mike Vick for an example.

Manziel's barely 23 years old. If he decides to get clean and wants to play football again, I have no doubt that he'll get that opportunity, regardless of whether that's in 2017 or 2020.

SAUTO
06-26-2016, 06:18 PM
Looks like my privileged upbringing and naïveté are shining through.

It's everywhere.

vailpass
06-26-2016, 06:20 PM

You've never seen Trailer Park Boys?

LoneWolf
06-26-2016, 06:23 PM
You've never seen Trailer Park Boys?

Nope. Is it on Netflix?

SAUTO
06-26-2016, 06:24 PM
Nope. Is it on Netflix?

I've only seen a couple episodes and I'm not sure vails point.

vailpass
06-26-2016, 06:34 PM
I've only seen a couple episodes and I'm not sure vails point.

It's 10 seasons worth of weed, hash, and booze both in jail and out. I Netflixed it and binge watched. Trust me, you'd fucking laugh if you watched a few from the start.

SAUTO
06-26-2016, 07:03 PM
It's 10 seasons worth of weed, hash, and booze both in jail and out. I Netflixed it and binge watched. Trust me, you'd fucking laugh if you watched a few from the start.

I watched it from the start, I thought there were funny parts lol.

I guess I didn't get to the part where it showed them in jail. That's what I didn't get out of your post lol

vailpass
06-26-2016, 07:32 PM
I watched it from the start, I thought there were funny parts lol.

I guess I didn't get to the part where it showed them in jail. That's what I didn't get out of your post lol

Maybe it's just me that found it funny. It's the most white trash thing ever full of jail and fail. Hipster kid I see at the bar sometimes during baseball games turned me on to it.

PunkinDrublic
06-27-2016, 11:09 AM

Do you mean to tell us that casual Friday's in Hollywood don't involve huge rails off the tits of high end prostitutes? Color me disappointed!

Coach
06-27-2016, 08:33 PM
I got a better idea, daddy. Cut him off of your family fortune, if you haven't yet.

DaneMcCloud
06-27-2016, 08:39 PM
Do you mean to tell us that casual Friday's in Hollywood don't involve huge rails off the tits of high end prostitutes? Color me disappointed!

LMAO

Hammock Parties
06-27-2016, 08:49 PM
I got a better idea, daddy. Cut him off of your family fortune, if you haven't yet.

It sounds like that won't help according to his "more money than me" statement.

I'm guessing Manziel earned a lot more during his playing days than just what the Browns gave him. He had several endorsements, probably has a trust fund that can't be taken back (or won't because dad is a puss), and who knows what he invested in that has paid off.

Setsuna
06-27-2016, 10:10 PM
You're speaking rather authoritatively about a topic where you really no information or knowledge. You have no idea what Manziel's dad did or didn't do as a parent.

Exactly.

Boo hoo. Excuse me if I don't have one bit of sympathy for a rich kid with superb athletic skills who is one of the biggest dumbasses on the planet. This is not his dad's fault. People are responsible for their own decisions, and Manziel has decided over and over to be a complete idiot.
This is a forum about discussion....not nitpicking people's posts.

DaNewGuy
06-27-2016, 11:01 PM
Go to the Arena League and set records

Otter
06-27-2016, 11:19 PM
QB's are always at a premium. Look at Mike Vick for an example.

Manziel's barely 23 years old. If he decides to get clean and wants to play football again, I have no doubt that he'll get that opportunity, regardless of whether that's in 2017 or 2020. Possible but this guy is showing no remorse or interest in getting back on his feet. He's almost giving the finger to the Browns and NFL in general. To top it off between his family and NFL contract he has fuck you money.</br></br>Don't see this guy coming back, just kind of fading away. But you're right in the fact that it's early in both his life and career yet.

kcxiv
06-28-2016, 03:14 AM
That list has way too many alcohol-related deaths to count, along with a fair share of accidental prescription overdoses.

That said, I never stated that drug abusers don't exist. I stated that I've never seen in it live and in person, regardless of the amount of fame or power has been involved.

It's really difficult to maintain a job, mortgage and family if you're constantly whacked on cocaine and heroin.

People that are into hardcore drug use usually slide away and doi their shit in private. Clean their nose then come back out to continue drinking. You rarely see a hardcore coke or meth person do that shit out in the open.

PAChiefsGuy
06-28-2016, 09:51 AM
People that are into hardcore drug use usually slide away and doi their shit in private. Clean their nose then come back out to continue drinking. You rarely see a hardcore coke or meth person do that shit out in the open.

Exactly and there are plenty of functioning cocaine-users.. Most of them are weekend warriors just like a lot of people who drink alcohol. Some people can control it and some people can't just like any other drug. The whole notion that every cocaine and meth user is some hardcore addict is ridiculous.

Halfcan
06-28-2016, 10:30 AM
Possible but this guy is showing no remorse or interest in getting back on his feet. He's almost giving the finger to the Browns and NFL in general. To top it off between his family and NFL contract he has **** you money.</br></br>Don't see this guy coming back, just kind of fading away. But you're right in the fact that it's early in both his life and career yet.

I bet he ends up the next Doug Flutie up in Canada. Pot is legal with a medical card and probably easier to skirt drug testing.

Halfcan
06-28-2016, 10:31 AM
Exactly and there are plenty of functioning cocaine-users.. Most of them are weekend warriors just like a lot of people who drink alcohol. Some people can control it and some people can't just like any other drug. The whole notion that every cocaine and meth user is some hardcore addict is ridiculous.

Sounds like you are in denial. :)

SAUTO
06-28-2016, 04:44 PM

I'm guessing Manziel earned a lot more during his playing days than just what the Browns gave him. He had several endorsements, probably has a trust fund that can't be taken back (or won't because dad is a puss), and who knows what he invested in that has paid off.

His net worth is 6 million

RobBlake
06-28-2016, 04:52 PM

it's all on the dosage

ChiefAshhole1056
06-29-2016, 09:47 AM
So he says he's going sober July 1st and start to train like crazy to get back in shape again. Anyone believe him?

sedated
06-29-2016, 09:52 AM
So he says he's going sober July 1st and start to train like crazy to get back in shape again. Anyone believe him?

"I'll start my diet tomorrow, I swear"

eDave
06-29-2016, 10:09 AM

I'd have taken through the 4th of July.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-29-2016, 11:44 AM

Sure :shake:

SAUTO
06-29-2016, 11:46 AM
And a girl supposedly with him showed packs of dope...

ClevelandBronco
06-29-2016, 12:31 PM

Johnny might actually mean what he's saying. At a certain stage of his disease, however (assuming he's an addict and not just a heavy user), what he means won't matter. He'll be incapable of following through without help.

Johnny probably believes it. No one else should.

ChiefAshhole1056
06-29-2016, 12:56 PM
I'd have taken through the 4th of July.

That would've been more believable.. July 5th, I'm done.

Otter
06-29-2016, 04:03 PM
So basically he's saying I'm going to party my ass off but on July 1st I'm turning my life around after screwing up my opportunity as an NFL QB. I'll give him 2 weeks before that is over. I'm as guilty as anyone on over indulging on the weekends but when you can't keep it together come go time especially when you have a team depending on you that's not a good sign.</br></br>I'm actually rooting for him only because he seems like he's falling into a Brittney Spears type of situation where people are going out of their way to see him fail.</br></br>Go get 'em kid and good luck.

Rain Man
06-29-2016, 04:22 PM

If he was really rooming with Von Miller he's probably heavily invested now in cocaine-carrying submarines, which are big moneymakers.

PAChiefsGuy
06-30-2016, 11:11 AM
NFL just suspended him four games.. He's done... I doubt he ever plays in the NFL again.

He really screwed up his chances to make it as an NFL QB.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-30-2016, 11:35 AM
buy bye

Quesadilla Joe
03-01-2017, 09:58 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Johnny Manziel, serious enough to get Burkhardt to take him back, is drawing real interest from teams at the Combine, per <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo">@MikeGarafolo</a> &amp; me</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/836967754016120832">March 1, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Would solve our QB dilema

ptlyon
03-01-2017, 10:18 AM
How can he go to the combine again?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-01-2017, 11:13 AM
He really wasn't terrible his 2nd year. And that was playing as a drunk. Make it happen, Andy.

Alex (sigh)
Johnny
Bray/Rookie

Eleazar
03-01-2017, 11:30 AM

He's in a bathroom stall powdering his nose.

Ebolapox
03-01-2017, 11:32 AM
He's in a bathroom stall powdering his nose.

he's signing autographs for $150 per, $200 per football, $250 per helmet. if you give him a line, half off.

The Franchise
03-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Pretty sure they still do the veteran's combine....right?

Mephistopheles Janx
03-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Pretty sure they still do the veteran's combine....right?

Nope.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2629194-nfl-cancels-veteran-combine-latest-comments-and-reaction

UK_Chief
03-01-2017, 12:15 PM
Bring him in for a look?

In58men
03-01-2017, 12:17 PM
He hit rock bottom and now he wants to prove to everybody that he's back, bring this motherfucker in!!!!!

The Franchise
03-01-2017, 12:20 PM
If there's any coach I could see taking a shot on him....it'd be Reid.

ptlyon
03-01-2017, 12:22 PM

In the locker room?

Iconic
03-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Browsed his Instagram. Seems like he's turned the corner tbh.

Would be worth a look.

In58men
03-01-2017, 12:53 PM
Browsed his Instagram. Seems like he's turned the corner tbh.

Would be worth a look.

I've been following for awhile and you're definitely right. He's a changed man, for sure.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2017, 01:26 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B2L1-TgfKb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun
03-01-2017, 02:07 PM

No sir.

Reid doesn't mind character issues, but what he treasures above all is dependability.

Vick was a monster of a human being, but he showed up to work every day and worked very hard.

Manziel does not have that in him.

raybec 4
03-01-2017, 02:08 PM

He's not there, his agent is.

ptlyon
03-01-2017, 02:11 PM
He's not there, his agent is.

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-01-2017, 03:40 PM
No sir.

Reid doesn't mind character issues, but what he treasures above all is dependability.

Vick was a monster of a human being, but he showed up to work every day and worked very hard.

Manziel does not have that in him.

And How do you know this ? By reading the internet ?

tooge
03-01-2017, 03:54 PM
While I don't think it's his parents fault all together, if you asked his dad if he would do anything different in raising him, I'll bet that he'd go on and on about things he wishes he could do over. That being said, it's partly Johnny's fault, partly his coaches fault, partly his friends and families fault.

Values are learned. They are learned from the people around you. I'm fairly confident that he was coddled by coaches and teachers, so as to not ruin his chances of playing when he was younger. Same with the parents and friends. When you grow up thinking you can get away with anything, then what the hell did everyone expect when he grew up?

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-01-2017, 03:57 PM
While I don't think it's his parents fault all together, if you asked his dad if he would do anything different in raising him, I'll bet that he'd go on and on about things he wishes he could do over. That being said, it's partly Johnny's fault, partly his coaches fault, partly his friends and families fault.

Values are learned. They are learned from the people around you. I'm fairly confident that he was coddled by coaches and teachers, so as to not ruin his chances of playing when he was younger. Same with the parents and friends. When you grow up thinking you can get away with anything, then what the hell did everyone expect when he grew up?

You didn't mention the Cleveland browns , an organization that has ruined EVERY player ever drafted by them. They even ruined Dwayne Bowe !

DJ's left nut
03-01-2017, 03:59 PM
He. Isn't. Good.

The guy was playing behind an NFL line with NFL skill position players in college. He wasn't running an offense as much as he was running around with his hair on fire and chucking the damn thing downfield.

He's too small to be durable and doesn't have premier arm strength. His brand of playground football will work on shitty teams that are just running around killing time but if you run a structured offense with real expectations, the guy's going to be a disaster.

I don't care if he's cleaned up - he's just not a good quarterback.

Buehler445
03-01-2017, 04:02 PM
He. Isn't. Good.

The guy was playing behind an NFL line with NFL skill position players in college. He wasn't running an offense as much as he was running around with his hair on fire and chucking the damn thing downfield.

He's too small to be durable and doesn't have premier arm strength. His brand of playground football will work on shitty teams that are just running around killing time but if you run a structured offense with real expectations, the guy's going to be a disaster.

Check your PMs.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-01-2017, 04:07 PM
He. Isn't. Good.

You obviously didn't watch the Heisman trophy winning Johnny Football very closley. The guy is a gamer and his arm strength is fine. He has that rare trait of finding open receivers downfield. Put him on the same offense with Kelce ,Maclin and Hill and you can rest the other guys. A qB that scrambles and has GREAT downfield vision is exactly what I would build an offense around instead of bringing him in and changing his play. We have the perfect weapons to make him awesome right now.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Check your PMs.

Hoping you PM'ed him telling him he's a retart!

TLO
03-01-2017, 04:14 PM
He. Isn't. Good.

For some reason Tyler Thigpen came to mind when I read this.

rabblerouser
03-01-2017, 04:40 PM
Anyone in here who thinks that Johnny's parenting was the decisive element in his becoming a complete douche-bag narcissist, has a poor understanding of both parenting and human development. It's a complex confluence of nature, nurture, life experience, peer interactions, and a real bitch called free will. Genetics and parenting play a big role, especially early; however, life, friends, and personal choices hold much greater sway once kids head into high school and beyond. People who work with children and young adults understand that simple truth. People who suggest otherwise, are simply ignorant. Great parents can produce absolute dregs of society; likewise, some kids are able to thrive despite a shitty hand they are dealt. I see it every single day.

None of us know the details of Johnny's formative years, or the circumstances that have led him down this self-destructive path. I think it's safe to say his father knows him better than any windbags on a discussion board. I'll defer to his judgment that tough love may be the last best option to wake-up his kid. He may be right, or he may be wrong. In the end though, it's Johnny, not his dad, who will be the one to either figure things out--or not.

This.

kccrow
03-01-2017, 05:14 PM
I'm entirely for bringing the kid in on a very low-end deal to see if he's actually into making something of himself. I've been following him a bit through this too and he actually seems to be going the right direction.

Fish
02-28-2019, 12:43 AM
LOL... welp....

Johnny Manziel Banned From The CFL
(http://dailysnark.com/johnny-manziel-has-been-banned-from-the-cfl/?fbclid=IwAR2VRTbmlEP1JQ6VzfLwBvp20hGC6EkCYfhoEDG0BOkEbyT9rAi7_3WgAoY)
Johnny Manziel’s time in the NFL came to an end in 2016 and less than three years later his CFL career has ended as well.

The former Heisman winner and 22nd overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft was cut by the Montreal Alouettes less than one year after signing his first Canadian Football League contract.

The league cited Manziel had contravened the agreement which made him eligible to play.

In addition to the news, the CFL has announced he is in essence banned, as no other teams are allowed to sign him.

“We are disappointed by this turn of events, Alouettes General Manager Kavis Reed said in a statement posted to the CFL’s website. “Johnny was provided a great deal of support by our organization, in collaboration with the CFL, but he has been unable to abide by the terms of his agreement. We worked with the league and presented alternatives to Johnny, who was unwilling to proceed. We are confident going into the 2019 training camp with a roster of quarterbacks that had played in our system last year and are committed to our team.”

Buehler445
02-28-2019, 12:45 AM
Read this today. So much for his contrite redemption story.

PunkinDrublic
02-28-2019, 02:34 AM
He pretty much has to go for the xfl or whatever this new league is now right?

Skyy God
02-28-2019, 03:34 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B2L1-TgfKb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PSH was a hellava actor.

Too bad he loved the horse.

scho63
02-28-2019, 06:45 AM
An addict being an addict and somehow we are shocked?

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-28-2019, 08:34 AM
He just needs a 2nd chance

Deberg_1990
02-28-2019, 11:54 AM
I’m betting Vince McMahon throws some big money at him to join XFL.

DJ's left nut
02-28-2019, 12:53 PM
Why are we still paying attention to the DoucheBro version of Charlie Ward?

htismaqe
02-28-2019, 01:01 PM
He pretty much has to go for the xfl or whatever this new league is now right?

The League of American Football (LAF for short) is loosely affiliated with the NFL so it's doubtful they'll take him.

It's probably XFL or prison, if there's a difference.

ModSocks
02-28-2019, 02:10 PM
He's perfect for the XFL. They won't give a damn if he does a line a of coke before kickoff.

Easy 6
02-28-2019, 02:18 PM
He's perfect for the XFL. They won't give a damn if he does a line a of coke before kickoff.

Hell they could make that the halftime show

Watch Johnny get all coked up in the locker room and clown for his teammates

InChiefsHeaven
02-28-2019, 02:26 PM
I'm not understanding what he was banned for. They said he was not living up to his end of the bargain, so are we reading between the lines and assuming he's doing drug shit? Which doens't shock me it's just weird that there are no details here...