PDA

View Full Version : Poop Omaha Visit...

Fish
06-30-2016, 10:43 PM
Dear Omaha(ish) friends....

Bringing my mom, 11 yr old daughter, and 10 year old niece to Omaha the second weekend of July. Planning on Omaha zoo either Saturday or Sunday. But looking for other cool things to take my daughter/niece/mom to while in the area. Haven't been there since the early 90's.

Appreciate any recommendations... Thanks much....

TribalElder
06-30-2016, 10:49 PM
I've never been but I think they have a good zoo

Buehler445
06-30-2016, 11:19 PM
Really only been a few times and when I was broke in college.

Might hit a minor league baseball game. They're cheap and can be a good time.

The LaVista Cabela's has a nice aquarium and taxidermy museum. Most kids like that.

Bugeater
06-30-2016, 11:24 PM
The Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum is a popular attraction, but it's a bit of a haul out there.

http://sacmuseum.org/

The Old Market is a cool place to check out and if you really get bored you can go look at our empty $130M baseball stadium just north of downtown.

Bugeater
06-30-2016, 11:27 PM
Really only been a few times and when I was broke in college.

Might hit a minor league baseball game. They're cheap and can be a good time.

The LaVista Cabela's has a nice aquarium and taxidermy museum. Most kids like that.
Oh yeah, should've mentioned that. They have a nice little stadium that is very kid friendly, but it's out in the boonies southwest of town.

http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t541

Edit: Scratch that, they're on the road that weekend.

Gonzo
06-30-2016, 11:28 PM
Storm chasers games are usually a good time. Cabelas is not really where I'd go right now. They got into a few legal troubles recently so the store is not exactly stocked.
The aquarium at the zoo is way better anyway.

Check out Omaha.com for shit that's going on that weekend. Hit up the old market downtown. Lots of awesome old buildings/stores/restaurants etc. Women especially love the shops. PM me if you need any pointers. If you do want to go to the game, let me know. I run their security team.
Maybe check out the Orpheum or Holland center to see if you can catch a show. Ron White is doing he Orpheum on the 9th. (I run their squad as well)

Tickets are available.

Bugeater
06-30-2016, 11:35 PM
There's also a water/amusement park in Ralston, it's kinda cheesy but might be ok for kids that age.

http://fun-plex.com/

Gonzo
06-30-2016, 11:36 PM
Oh yeah, should've mentioned that. They have a nice little stadium that is very kid friendly, but it's out in the boonies southwest of town.

http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t541

Edit: Scratch that, they're on the road that weekend.

Yeah, just saw that.

How lame is this city when everyone says the same ****ing options...

Ballgame
Old market
Zoo

LMAO

Oh and yeah, the sac museum is good.

Bugeater
06-30-2016, 11:38 PM
Yeah, just saw that.

How lame is this city when everyone says the same ****ing options...

Ballgame
Old market
Zoo

LMAO

Oh and yeah, the sac museum is good.
"It's a great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit here"

BucEyedPea
07-01-2016, 05:37 AM
Worked there once, over a year ago in the dead of winter when it was covered in snow and froze to death with ice inside my nose.

mr. tegu
07-01-2016, 08:55 AM
Nebraska Furniture Mart. It is huge!

LoneWolf
07-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Worked there once, over a year ago in the dead of winter when it was covered in snow and froze to death with ice inside my nose.

Everybody else in this thread offers up some type of advice for the OP, but not BEP. It always has to be about her. Lame as fuck. :shake:

Dartgod
07-01-2016, 09:07 AM
SAC Museum was my first thought. Definitely worth a trip.

You could also take a road trip to Lincoln and see the birthplace of the legendary Dartgod.

BucEyedPea
07-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Everybody else in this thread offers up some type of advice for the OP, but not BEP. It always has to be about her. Lame as ****. :shake:

:rolleyes: My advice is to experience their snow and cold. :D It's a very dry kind. They also have a good Panera, nice rolling hills and be sure to see their American Gothic style houses, if you're into architecture.

Did your paper plate get soggy with paper getting into your dinner last night? Or did your plastic fork break?

Buehler445
07-01-2016, 09:15 AM
The Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum is a popular attraction, but it's a bit of a haul out there.

http://sacmuseum.org/

The Old Market is a cool place to check out and if you really get bored you can go look at our empty $130M baseball stadium just north of downtown.

Oh shit. Forgot about the museum. I'll vouch for that. Visited when my buddy was at Offet

LoneWolf
07-01-2016, 09:31 AM
:rolleyes: My advice is to experience their snow and cold. :D It's a very dry kind. They also have a good Panera, nice rolling hills and be sure to see their American Gothic style houses, if you're into architecture.

Did your paper plate get soggy with paper getting into your dinner last night? Or did your plastic fork break?

Fish and his family are going to Omaha the second weekend in July. How would you suggest they experience the snow and cold?

Did the unluckiest man on earth fuck your entire brain out last night?

LoneWolf
07-01-2016, 09:33 AM
Fish, drive by Warren Buffet's house. How often do you get the chance to see where one of the richest men on the planet lives?

07-01-2016, 11:32 AM
"It's a great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit here"

This Omaha place is pigsknuckle proper, is it not?

Been there once in 2014 at the bugeater estate. Had a great time. I highly recommend going to the bugeater estate and also have livesteam stop by to chug lemon bud light (blech).

Rain Man
07-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Is there an Omaha Disney?

Fish
07-01-2016, 11:41 AM
Thanks everybody for the ideas. I think I have a decent plan now. I appreciate it!

Gonzo
07-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Is there an Omaha Disney?

Yep, it's the putt-putt course across the street from the taxidermist.

Gonzo
07-01-2016, 12:29 PM
We actually used to have a pretty big theme park. Unfortunately, the theme was the Huskers. A lot of people choked on the rides so they shut it down.

LiveSteam
07-01-2016, 02:36 PM
The old market downtown is where the LGTB community hangs out.
Then you have the pedestrian bridge that crosses the Missouri river.

Fish
07-01-2016, 02:42 PM
The old market downtown is where the LGTB community hangs out.

Of course you'd know that.

chefs fan in omaha
07-01-2016, 02:47 PM
We actually used to have a pretty big theme park. Unfortunately, the theme was the Huskers. A lot of people choked on the rides so they shut it down.

Oh, that's good! :D:D:D At first I thought you were talking about Peony Park

Rain Man
07-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Of course you'd know that.

Of course he does. He's talking about the Little Grey Train Builders, right?

JimNasium
07-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Too fat?

LiveSteam
07-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Of course he does. He's talking about the Little Grey Train Builders, right?

Hahahaha nicely done sir

loochy
07-01-2016, 03:22 PM
he hates fat chicks

Mennonite
07-01-2016, 03:36 PM
"Omaha" - the #1 vacation destination for people who love corn, but are a little intimidated by the frenzied pace of the concrete jungle known as "Des Moines."

Rausch
07-02-2016, 06:51 AM
I'm guessing you're a Manning fan and had to audible in all your second choice destinations...