PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports MOTHERFUCK YOU OKLAHOMA CITY!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2016, 10:00 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Kevin Durant to Golden State! My dreams have come true. Fuck the Thunder. They'll NEVER win a title now. Where's Russell going next year, bitches?!?!?

GloucesterChief
07-04-2016, 10:17 AM
There will be delicious salty ham NBA tears when OKC turns into another Sacramento or Milwaukee. Totally irrelevant and in a small market.

Silver better be ready to get on his hands and knees and hope that he can convince Seattle to take back the Thunder.

Big Tedd
07-04-2016, 10:18 AM
WOW.

I really didn't think he would leave OKC. Go Warriors!!!!!!

Quesadilla Joe
07-04-2016, 10:19 AM
I feel bad for Thunder fans but I understand how folks in Seattle would feel differently.

Still, it would be awful watching a superstar player leave when there is nothing your team could do about it.

NJChiefsFan
07-04-2016, 10:28 AM
I feel bad for Thunder fans but I understand how folks in Seattle would feel differently.

Still, it would be awful watching a superstar player leave when there is nothing your team could do about it.

What would be worse is if that player made a tv spectacle out of it and embarrassed your fanbase on national television.

Jerok
07-04-2016, 10:30 AM
So basically we're gonna see a Warriors vs Cavs 2017, only the Warriors win this time.

Unless Lebron sees this and decides to join the Warriors too, 82-0.

ModSocks
07-04-2016, 10:34 AM
One thing i've always admired about NBA players is that they generally chase championships over money. Star players in the NBA will take paycuts if that means they can play on a better team.

srvy
07-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Wow never thought he would bolt OKC

CapsLockKey
07-04-2016, 10:41 AM
One thing i've always admired about NBA players is that they generally chase championships over money. Star players in the NBA will take paycuts if that means they can play on a better team.
There really isn't much of an option to chase money for stars with the max contacts. Teams have to find other ways to whoo players.

hometeam
07-04-2016, 10:44 AM
lol

PunkinDrublic
07-04-2016, 10:47 AM
It's the easy way to a championship for Durant. He doesn't have to be a leader. Golden State doesn't have to build around him. It doesn't always work but if you're an NBA superstar who can't lead a team to a championship you can always bolt to a winning team when your contract is up.

notorious
07-04-2016, 10:50 AM
It's the easy way to a championship for Durant. He doesn't have to be a leader. Golden State doesn't have to build around him. It doesn't always work but if you're an NBA superstar who can't lead a team to a championship you can always bolt to a winning team when your contract is up.

Buehler445
07-04-2016, 11:02 AM
Wow. Didn't think that would happen.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-04-2016, 11:04 AM
This would never have happened if Presti would have just paid Harden instead of trading him for 12 cents on the dollar.

The Franchise
07-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Fuck the Warriors. Their fans will be unbearable now.

Buehler445
07-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Fuck the Warriors. Their fans will be unbearable now.

They're not now?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2016, 12:09 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

I'm going to have an erection that lasts longer than 4 years...

I'm a petty bitch. I. Don't. Care! FUCK YEAH!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Oh, and it's been a long few years as a Sonics fan in today's NBA. I'm ready to finally pick my new team. ;)

I'm taking my fandom to the Golden State Warriors. But where ever Durant goes from here on out, as long as it's not back to OKC, I'm a fan of that team. I'll be the bandwagon bitch. I don't even give a fuck.

I've never forgot that dude wearing Sonics gear during pregames and warm ups inside OKC's arena. Love that dude, whatever he does.

saphojunkie
07-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Cavs will repeat. Lebron owns KD for some weird reason.

Valiant
07-04-2016, 01:03 PM
I am shocked. I have been rooting for them for awhile. Not one of the main iconic franchises like lakers or celtics.

This is literally a lakers move like shaq.

should make it to the championship 6 straight now.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2016, 01:16 PM
The situations Mo and Theo have had in STL, Chicago, or Boston are not remotely comparable.

Theo inherited a good team in Boston, maintained it for 8 years, then left it in disarray before going to Chicago (the trade with the Dodgers by Cherington was to rectify the awful FA contacts given out).

In Chicago, he got to start from scratch and put out a shitty product for a few seasons knowing ownership would be patient before reaping the rewards of drafting high.

In St. Louis, Mozeliak inherited a below average roster and a good farm system that did not have the benefit of picking high. Mozeliak's been able to maintain the Cardinals at a level similar to what Theo did in Boston before the crazy ass FA signings.

Yeah, but KD went to Golden State!!!

KC_Connection
07-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Cavs will repeat. Lebron owns KD for some weird reason.
It might be the fact that he's a much better player than him.

Rams Fan
07-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Yeah, but KD went to Golden State!!!

Wrong ****ing thread.

**** Clay Bennett! And partially fuck Howard Schultz!

BigCatDaddy
07-04-2016, 01:30 PM
It might be the fact that he's a much better player than him.

I always thought Durant was a bit over rated. I would build a team around Westbrook over KD.

notorious
07-04-2016, 01:45 PM
I always thought Durant was a bit over rated. I would build a team around Westbrook over KD.

He's a good player, but not great.

He also tends to force it at the worst times, too.

KevB
07-04-2016, 02:57 PM

He's great, go back and look at his numbers over the years. When not dealing with injury, OKC has been very successful, just didn't get a ring. Also factor in his play in international competition.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Oh, and it's been a long few years as a Sonics fan in today's NBA. I'm ready to finally pick my new team. ;)

I'm taking my fandom to the Golden State Warriors. But where ever Durant goes from here on out, as long as it's not back to OKC, I'm a fan of that team. I'll be the bandwagon bitch. I don't even give a fuck.

I've never forgot that dude wearing Sonics gear during pregames and warm ups inside OKC's arena. Love that dude, whatever he does.

So you're a fan of a team composed entirely of bandwagoners or Raiders fans?

BWillie
07-04-2016, 04:55 PM

Durant, Curry and Thompson are some of the most efficient scorers in NBA history. And they are on the same team.

mdchiefsfan
07-04-2016, 04:56 PM
So basically we're gonna see a Warriors vs Cavs 2017, only the Warriors win this time.

Unless Lebron sees this and decides to join the Warriors too, 82-0.

Depends on how the refs want to blow their whistles.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2016, 06:24 PM
So you're a fan of a team composed entirely of bandwagoners or Raiders fans?

Yeah, I highly preferred Boston, but a deal is a deal and it was struck the day they left.

It just occurred to me to hunker down and listen to some OKC sports radio. Fun times ahead!!!

OldSchool
07-04-2016, 06:36 PM
LOL, fantastic thread. Fuck Westbrook!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2016, 06:38 PM
LOL, fantastic thread. Fuck Westbrook!

:toast:

Red Dawg
07-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Real stunner. Durant only wants a ring. Cares nothing for his own legacy in history.

KC_Connection
07-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Real stunner. Durant only wants a ring. Cares nothing for his own legacy in history.
If it's just about a ring, then why not just stick with the team that he put in position to make the Finals before he personally choked and cost them that opportunity against the team he joined. OKC had as good a chance as anybody with him there.

EPodolak
07-04-2016, 07:30 PM
If it's just about a ring, then why not just stick with the team that he put in position to make the Finals before he personally choked and cost them that opportunity against the team he joined. OKC had as good a chance as anybody with him there.

Amen. Also he would have been paid to stay.

Not a big NBA fan myself, this stings a little though.

HemiEd
07-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Not a fuck was given by me. NBA is an instant sedative

stumppy
07-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Not a fuck was given by me. NBA is an instant sedative

QFTMFT

tmax63
07-04-2016, 09:40 PM
I quit giving 2 sh!ts or even one sh!t when Lebron started this crap way back when. I will never buy another ticket or other piece of NBA fan crap simply because as was stated earlier, GS-Cleveland rematch next year and all the other teams are just revenue generators. When there's no hope for the hometown team even before the offseason starts one wonders how long the fans of those teams will keep going to games.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-04-2016, 09:57 PM
That's Mav level fandom right there. Never thought i would see it outta flop.

RobBlake
07-04-2016, 10:03 PM

Real Talk. This is why Durant is a pussy competitively. *He seems like a real stand up guy of course outside of sports*. His team added a realllly good young prospect from the magic, and Adams looks to be a new stud for the next generation of Centers. They should have swept the Warriors honestly.

Mr. Laz
07-05-2016, 04:03 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Kevin Durant to Golden State! My dreams have come true. Fuck the Thunder. They'll NEVER win a title now. Where's Russell going next year, bitches?!?!?
Why would possibly hate OKC Thunder?

I mean fuck all small market teams, get rid of them all in every sport?

dumbass

LoneWolf
07-05-2016, 04:07 PM

I mean fuck all small market teams, get rid of them all in every sport?

dumbass

He was a Seattle Supersonics fan. If the Chiefs moved to another city, would you still be a fan?

BWillie
07-05-2016, 04:12 PM

If he stays in OKC, he probably has a 1/7 shot to win a title next year. If he goes to Golden State, he has about a 75% chance to win a title next year. It's fear. Fear drove this decision. He doesn't want to be the crazy guy on the TNT set named Charles Barkley when he's old, without a ring.

He's scared he won't ever win a ring. That is why he went to Golden State, or the main reason.

BWillie
07-05-2016, 04:24 PM
He was a Seattle Supersonics fan. If the Chiefs moved to another city, would you still be a fan?

His hatred towards OKC is not logical though. It's kind of like when some guy you don't know steals your girl, and you get pissed at him, not your girl. There is absolutely no reason to be pissed at the guy. But stupid male ego does.

In this case, same thing. Howard Schultz sold the team to a group of Oklahoma City businessman who's goal was to get a NBA team in a city that has NO PRO SPORTS footprint. No reason to be pissed at OKLAHOMA CITIANS wanting a team for themselves. Be pissed at your city leaders and Howard Schultz who wouldn't complete the needed steps to keep the team.

Rams Fan
07-05-2016, 05:18 PM

I mean **** all small market teams, get rid of them all in every sport?

dumbass

Because he is a Supersonics fan and the Thunder are a result of the team relocating to OKC.
His hatred towards OKC is not logical though. It's kind of like when some guy you don't know steals your girl, and you get pissed at him, not your girl. There is absolutely no reason to be pissed at the guy. But stupid male ego does.

In this case, same thing. Howard Schultz sold the team to a group of Oklahoma City businessman who's goal was to get a NBA team in a city that has NO PRO SPORTS footprint. No reason to be pissed at OKLAHOMA CITIANS wanting a team for themselves. Be pissed at your city leaders and Howard Schultz who wouldn't complete the needed steps to keep the team.

Clay Bennett's own words were that he would try to keep the team in Seattle. That's why Schultz sold to him. Bennett didn't end up keeping his word , Seattle had local ownership ready to go with Ballmer when it looked like the team was going to OKC, then the local government officials caved in.

I feel pretty similar about Kroenke and the Rams(though I don't think Bennett napalmed the team's relationship with the city in the manner Kroenke did with St. Louis).

You guys should watch the documentary Sonicsgate when you have the time.

BWillie
07-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Because he is a Supersonics fan and the Thunder are a result of the team relocating to OKC.

Clay Bennett's own words were that he would try to keep the team in Seattle. That's why Schultz sold to him. Bennett didn't end up keeping his word , Seattle had local ownership ready to go with Ballmer when it looked like the team was going to OKC, then the local government officials caved in.

I feel pretty similar about Kroenke and the Rams(though I don't think Bennett napalmed the team's relationship with the city in the manner Kroenke did with St. Louis).

Get real. Schultz sold it to Bennett & his group because $$$$$

Almost all of Bennetts ties, personally and in business were in the Oklahoma City area. No reason why Bennett would want to keep a team in Seattle.

RealSNR
07-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Doesn't matter. Minnesota Timberwolves gonna break their dicks off in all dey asses in a couple years.

Muthfuckin HOOOOOWWL, faggots

GloucesterChief
07-05-2016, 05:56 PM

No, the NBA Commissioner did the napalming. Stern hated Seattle for some unknown reason.

BigCatDaddy
07-05-2016, 05:57 PM
No, the NBA Commissioner did the napalming. Stern hated Seattle for some unknown reason.

Were the fans still showing up? I dont recall

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2016, 06:01 PM
That's Mav level fandom right there. Never thought i would see it outta flop.

I've been salty about the Sonics going back to 08 when they left. I figure it'll wear off by 58.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2016, 06:04 PM

Fair enough. FTR, I've never been mad at OKC or their people. But Clay Bennett? This is Schadenfrued. And it's delicious. Don't care about their fans. They were the first to talk shit about us not "supporting" our team. Build that stadium and then be asked for another one 5 years later. FOH with that bullshit...

notorious
07-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Don't worry Flop, OKC will suck for the next 10 years, and they will relocate to KC.

Everybody fucking wins.

Eleazar
07-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Don't want to lose your team, don't have them playing in a dump! KC would give them a great home if the fans in OKC turn out to be frontrunners too!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Were the fans still showing up? I dont recall

They did all the way until Bennett made it obvious he was tanking and moving. Then they said fuck it. Last game though?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nXtSsT2PFNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Don't worry Flop, OKC will suck for the next 10 years, and they will relocate to KC.

:clap:

Everybody fucking wins.

Don't want to lose your team, don't have them playing in a dump! KC would give them a great home if the fans in OKC turn out to be frontrunners too!

Aptly named. We renovated that stadium 5 years previous, fuckface. Learn some facts.

BigCatDaddy
07-05-2016, 06:10 PM
On a side note who didnt love Big Smooth? Dude always looked like he just smoked an ounce pregame.

Eleazar
07-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Aptly named. We renovated that stadium 5 years previous, ****face. Learn some facts.

Smallest arena in the league, renovated in the mid 90s! ****face Learn some facts !

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2016, 06:11 PM

What do you need a mult for anyways, Cochise?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Smallest arena in the league, renovated in the mid 90s! ****face Learn some facts !

Oh, Cochise. Does that Hillary decision today burn your puckered little asshole?

SAUTO
07-05-2016, 06:14 PM
What do you need a mult for anyways, Cochise?

Dumping both accounts is the punishment for mults, correct?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Dumping both accounts is the punishment for mults, correct?

I'm not around enough and have stopped enforcing punishment for the time being. I also try to avoid punishing members that have a personal hard on for me. I won't be the one to do it.

RealSNR
07-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Sometimes even the nice guys go off the deep end on Chiefs Planet.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Sometimes even the nice guys go off the deep end on Chiefs Planet.

I know. I had to break away for awhile. LMAO

Eleazar
07-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Damnit, it used to be trolling projects were indulged for at least a little while. Fine then...

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Damnit, it used to be trolling projects were indulged for at least a little while. Fine then...

LMAO You can't troll a mod though!!! I've always liked you Cochise. I'm okay with our relationship, just give me a heads up. I'd have gone along with it.

Eleazar
07-05-2016, 06:37 PM
LMAO You can't troll a mod though!!! I've always liked you Cochise. I'm okay with our relationship, just give me a heads up. I'd have gone along with it.

Water long under the bridge...

I was going to imitate a specific person from the past but I didn't have time to develop it. Ah well

RealSNR
07-05-2016, 06:44 PM

I was going to imitate a specific person from the past but I didn't have time to develop it. Ah well

redrum?

Rams Fan
07-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Get real. Schultz sold it to Bennett & his group because $$$$$

Almost all of Bennetts ties, personally and in business were in the Oklahoma City area. No reason why Bennett would want to keep a team in Seattle.

Then why did Schultz sue Bennett for a breach of contract for not putting a good faith effort into keeping the team in Seattle?

SAUTO
07-05-2016, 06:58 PM
I was only kidding you fucking assholes

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2016, 06:59 PM

Try again, and I'll keep my mouth shut. This is my bad.

Mr. Laz
07-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Oh well, fuck Durant.

Used to like him but now he's a bandwagon douche who can't lead a team himself.

Westbrook must really be a dick.

Pitt Gorilla
07-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Oh well, fuck Durant.

Used to like him but now he's a bandwagon douche who can't lead a team himself.

Westbrook must really be a dick.durant had the chance to play anywhere he wanted. So, he did. I don't see how that makes him a douche at all.

Pitt Gorilla
07-05-2016, 10:19 PM
This would never have happened if Presti would have just paid Harden instead of trading him for 12 cents on the dollar.

Presti appears to want to tank the franchise.