PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports If Thunder left OKC, would you want KC to take them

BleedingRed
07-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Simple opinion piece, very hypothetical of course. But, I would love to see a NBA team in KC. What about you?

Shogun
07-07-2016, 10:51 PM
fa sho

ChiefsCountry
07-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Why would the Thunder leave Oklahoma City? It's a metro of 1.4 million and they are the only team in town. Kansas City has 2 million people and two major teams not counting MLS. It would make zero sense for them to move here.

alpha_omega
07-07-2016, 10:53 PM
Yes, I miss going to kings games like we did when we were kids.

That being said.....I am not sure I could afford, or choose to afford to go to many games.

BleedingRed
07-07-2016, 11:02 PM

That being said.....I am not sure I could afford, or choose to afford to go to many games.

They arn't that expensive here in Houston. 50-60 range with some nights with "Deals"

I just figure OKC is going to bomb out after Russel leaves, thus ownership looking for fresh start....

dj56dt58
07-07-2016, 11:10 PM

They aren't bad..I got 2 playoff tickets for $85 a piece

Strongside
07-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Yes.

ChiefsCountry
07-07-2016, 11:16 PM
So an ownership group that is made up of all Oklahoma City residents with one goal to bring basketball there is going to move the team.

Sassy Squatch
07-07-2016, 11:16 PM
Lol no.

Lex Luthor
07-07-2016, 11:19 PM
The problem with this thread is that the owner of the Oklahoma City Thunder is a rich guy from Oklahoma who bought the Seattle Seahawks with the intent of moving them to his home state. He's not going to be moving the team.

EPodolak
07-07-2016, 11:30 PM
They arn't that expensive here in Houston. 50-60 range with some nights with "Deals"

I just figure OKC is going to bomb out after Russel leaves, thus ownership looking for fresh start....

All of Oklahoma supports and adores the Thunder. It would be about a first a State lost its only pro franchise.

Bring the Kings back to KC instead.

BleedingRed
07-07-2016, 11:41 PM
All of Oklahoma supports and adores the Thunder. It would be about a first a State lost its only pro franchise.

Bring the Kings back to KC instead.

I would love the Kings back man, somehow SoCal always hangs on to its teams.

-King-
07-07-2016, 11:50 PM
So an ownership group that is made up of all Oklahoma City residents with one goal to bring basketball there is going to move the team.

Hence the word "hypothetical" in the OP.

BleedingRed
07-08-2016, 12:10 AM

Some people you can't please

rico
07-08-2016, 12:58 AM
If KC had a basketball team, I would probably start following the NBA again, for I would have a team to root for... And I'm an Iowan. I can't root for a Chicago team...can't do it with these Cubs fans.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2016, 05:47 AM

LMAO

Didn't Cleveland just pack it up after LeBron went to Miami?

BlackHelicopters
07-08-2016, 06:23 AM
Yes.

BWillie
07-08-2016, 06:23 AM
Simple opinion piece, very hypothetical of course. But, I would love to see a NBA team in KC. What about you?

Of course but OKC shares fans from most of KS, Wichita and the KC area. Even should the Thunder move it would not be wise to move them to KC as it would alienate the Oklahoma fsn base which the KC team would need support from

milkman
07-08-2016, 06:31 AM

You need a geography lesson.

Spott
07-08-2016, 06:59 AM
I don't think KC would support and NBA franchise. Even if they did well, they would likely struggle in attendance and just end up moving elsewhere like the Kings did.

luv
07-08-2016, 07:53 AM
I don't think KC is big enough to support so many different professional teams. Having added soccer, they have that, football, and baseball. And they even have a minor league hockey team in the area.

Titty Meat
07-08-2016, 08:09 AM
I would trade the Royals for an NBA team

BWillie
07-08-2016, 08:36 AM

I probably would to if I came down to it, even though I love the Royals. I'm just an avid basketball fan. Love the sport.

RealSNR
07-08-2016, 08:55 AM

It's a fucking retarded hypothetical.

ChiefsCountry
07-08-2016, 09:05 AM

Yeah lets trade the most exclusive of all the major sport leagues to become New Orleans. :rolleyes:

BWillie
07-08-2016, 09:05 AM
I think KC is screwed from ever getting an NBA team unless the Thunder go somewhere else. As is, Oklahoma City is just too close to Kansas City to warrant another team. If OKC didn't have a team I would like KC's chances much more. But if we can get the Kings again I'd be all for it! That organization is just a dumpster fire.

ChiefsCountry
07-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Have you guys who want the Kings back know they are opening a brand new arena this year.

BWillie
07-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Yeah lets trade the most exclusive of all the major sport leagues to become New Orleans. :rolleyes:

NBA is #2, MLB is #3. You can argue all you want about how much attendance MLB gets, but it's because they have 162 games, and it's outside. The NBA draws much more interest in overall ratings and national exposure. The NBA is a rising league, international league, and would be a great anchor for downtown.

ChiefsCountry
07-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Being a MLB city is the most important status symbol among cities in sports world outside the NFL, even then MLB is better because of the population needed to have a franchise. Kansas City, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Seattle, St. Louis are looked at higher regard than Indianapolis, Charlotte, New Orleans, etc.

The Franchise
07-08-2016, 09:28 AM

SoCal? Lolwut?

RealSNR
07-08-2016, 10:02 AM
If the New York Knicks left NY, I think I would want KC to take them.

Mike in SW-MO
07-08-2016, 10:03 AM
I have not given a rat's patoot about the NBA since the Kings left.

I do not see that changing at this late date.

Hamwallet
07-08-2016, 10:16 AM
I went to a lot of Magic games when I lived in Orlando. I got free floor tickets a bunch of times from a buddy back when they had Carter, Hill, Howard... They are a lot of fun. It's not like a MLB or NFL game. Over pretty quick in comparison and your entire evening/day doesn't revolve around it. I even enjoyed going when they had trash years. I think we would be better suited for an NHL team, I would be thrilled with either though.

Chief Pagan
07-08-2016, 10:28 AM
SoCal? Lolwut?

NHL fan?

lcarus
07-08-2016, 10:38 AM
I remember hearing about the Magic moving to KC a long time ago. I was very excited for that possibility. But they ended up building the new arena and staying. :(

Titty Meat
07-08-2016, 10:58 AM

I don't give a shit about baseball unless the Royals are in the playoffs.

bricks
07-08-2016, 11:42 AM
If I was a KC resident, nope I wouldn't want an NBA team.

That's just because I despise the NBA and see how much of a sh*tty league it is.

I would take hockey though

-King-
07-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Being a MLB city is the most important status symbol among cities in sports world outside the NFL Lolwut?

Even then MLB is better because of the population needed to have a franchise. Kansas City, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Seattle, St. Louis are looked at higher regard than Indianapolis, Charlotte, New Orleans, etc.

I dont understand this point? What does the population have to do with one league being better than the other?

-King-
07-08-2016, 11:50 AM

Now that the Royals are winning i don't know, but all things equal, I'd agree with you. I'd rather have a winning NBA team than a winning MLB team. I'd rather have a losing NBA team than a losing MLB team. NBA games are just more fun and have more star power.

Titty Meat
07-08-2016, 11:55 AM
Now that the Royals are winning i don't know, but all things equal, I'd agree with you. I'd rather have a winning NBA team than a winning MLB team. I'd rather have a losing NBA team than a losing MLB team. NBA games are just more fun and have more star power.

Sports wise after the Chiefs season there isn't shit for me to enjoy from January to August. The NBA would fill that void.

Demonpenz
07-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Billy Donovan and Bill Self can't co-exist so close.

Mr. Laz
07-08-2016, 01:20 PM
I doubt we could/would support them.

Football
Baseball
College football and basketball

soccer
minor baseball

Just not sure the dollars are there.

milkman
07-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Sports wise after the Chiefs season there isn't shit for me to enjoy from January to August. The NBA would fill that void.

I am pretty sure no one cares if your dumb ass is entertained, sports wise or otherwise.

BleedingRed
07-08-2016, 01:39 PM
I doubt we could/would support them.

Football
Baseball
College football and basketball

soccer
minor baseball

Just not sure the dollars are there.

Oakland.........

mikeyis4dcats.
07-08-2016, 01:42 PM
no care, NBA

DaneMcCloud
07-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Oakland.........

Oakland?

:facepalm:

Oakland can't support the Raiders and barely support the A's. If the Giants didn't claim San Jose as their territory, the A's would have moved in in the past decade, if not sooner.

The Warriors are moving to San Fran in 2019.

Oakland is a shithole.

BleedingRed
07-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Oakland?

Oakland can't support the Raiders and barely support the A's. If the Giants didn't claim San Jose as their territory, the A's would have moved in in the past decade, if not sooner.

The Warriors are moving to San Fran in 2019.

Oakland is a shithole.

Right, I was using them as an example of how if that shit hole can do it for a while. We for sure could handle a NBA franchise.

Prison Bitch
07-08-2016, 02:05 PM
No, absolutely don't want. It would hurt KU and I want KU dominating this market.

It would also hurt both Royals and Chiefs with corporates and I love both teams, and hate the NBA.

This idea has zero chance of happening and it would suck if it did

tk13
I enjoy the NBA and watch the playoffs every year... but the biggest problem with it is what OKC is about to run into. There are 4-5 teams that are legit title contenders, if that. If you don't have a superstar, you don't have a chance.

C3HIEF3S
The NBA sucks. I'd undoubtedly support a team if it came to KC, but I'm content and wouldn't take an NBA team over MLB team ever.

DaneMcCloud
07-08-2016, 02:06 PM
Right, I was using them as an example of how if that shit hole can do it for a while. We for sure could handle a NBA franchise.

Good grief.

Oakland CAN'T support all three teams, which is why TWO of their teams are leaving and the third would leave if they could convince MLB that San Jose isn't the Giants territory.

And who is this "we"? You live in Houston, allegedly.

ChiefsCountry
07-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Lolwut?

I dont understand this point? What does the population have to do with one league being better than the other?

MLB is the highest standard sports franchise wise. Their franchises have long stability, only one has moved in the last 40 years, every city that has lost a team and has gotten one back expect for Montreal. Montreal is basically already penciled in as #31 for expansion. MLB shows your city has the population and corporate base.

DaneMcCloud
07-08-2016, 02:08 PM
The NBA sucks. I'd undoubtedly support a team if it came to KC, but I'm content and wouldn't take an NBA team over MLB team ever.

The NBA has the most gifted athletes in the world. I've sat courtside at Lakers games and it's astonishing to see these unbelievably tall and gifted athletes play.

TV does not do the athletes any justice. The are so phenomenally athletic that it's like they're all a different species of human.

ChiefsCountry
07-08-2016, 02:09 PM
The NBA has the most gifted athletes in the world. I've sat courtside at Lakers games and it's astonishing to see these unbelievably tall and gifted athletes play.

TV does not do the athletes any justice. The are so phenomenally athletic that it's like they're all a different species of human.

This. NBA in person is amazing.

Kansas City other than population, has too many KU fans thinking that is the best basketball in the world. College game blows compared to the NBA.

DaneMcCloud
07-08-2016, 02:10 PM
MLB is the highest standard sports franchise wise. Their franchises have long stability, only one has moved in the last 40 years, every city that has lost a team and has gotten one back expect for Montreal. Montreal is basically already penciled in as #31 for expansion. MLB shows your city has the population and corporate base.

Agreed but the A's would move in a heartbeat if MLB allowed them to make that move.

DaneMcCloud
07-08-2016, 02:11 PM

Kansas City other than population, has too many KU fans thinking that is the best basketball in the world.

College game blows compared to the NBA.

No kidding.

While the tournament is fun, the level of play is atrocious and at times, unwatchable.

ChiefsCountry
07-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Agreed but the A's would move in a heartbeat if MLB allowed them to make that move.

Just to the other parts of the Bay Area, anywhere else in the country they are free to move to.

Prison Bitch
07-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Has anybody actually watched an entire NBA regular season game? Like from start to finish? I highly doubt it

RealSNR
07-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Has anybody actually watched an entire NBA regular season game? Like from start to finish? I highly doubt it

:spock:

BleedingRed
07-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Good grief.

Oakland CAN'T support all three teams, which is why TWO of their teams are leaving and the third would leave if they could convince MLB that San Jose isn't the Giants territory.

And who is this "we"? You live in Houston, allegedly.

Jesus Christ you are a moron.......

Warriors - 1972 - Present
Raiders - 1972 - 1981/1995 - Present
A's - 1968 - Present

They supported them for a hell of a long time, sorry Cali has gone to hell as of late.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
07-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Jesus Christ you are a moron.......

Fuck off, you bleeding vagina

Warriors - 1972 - Present
Raiders - 1972 - 1981/1995 - Present
A's - 1968 - Present

You have ZERO understanding of current sports environment.

The Oakland Coliseum is a gigantic shithole (ironically, just like you). A large portion of the stadium is blanketed on Raiders game days and they STILL have had issues for DECADES selling out.

The Warriors play in a shithole. The new owners wanted a new arena and they're getting it, in SAN FRANCISCO, not Oakland.

They supported them for a hell of a long time, sorry Cali has gone to hell as of late.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good fucking GOD, you're fucking stupid.

California has "gone to hell"?

Do you realize that "California" just saw the Rams move back after a 20+ hiatus? That a $2.8 BILLION dollar stadium is being constructed for them?

Additionally, the Warriors aren't LEAVING California, you buttfucking moron. They're leaving OAKLAND.

JFC, just how fucking stupid are you?

C3HIEF3S
07-08-2016, 04:05 PM

Kansas City other than population, has too many KU fans thinking that is the best basketball in the world. College game blows compared to the NBA.

My main deal with sports is all about having a rooting interest. The only NBA team that I have grown up around until about 2 months ago is the Chicago Bulls. I don't care about Chicago. The only team in Chicago that I have ever had any interest in was the Blackhawks because I played hockey growing up. I remember going to games with my dad and grandpa when the United Center would be 25% full on some nights. Professional basketball is something that I have never once had any interest in whatsoever. Not because of the product or quality of the athletes, but because I literally don't care about seeing Cleveland play Golden State. I have no reason to watch that match-up, or Charlotte play Toronto or something.

I don't prefer college basketball to the NBA because I care about the quality of play. The only sport that I care about enough to watch as a fan of the game is baseball. When it comes to basketball, I watch college because that is where my vested interest lies. I am not someone who is going to argue that college kids put out a better product than professional athletes, that's being blind. However, I personally find the atmospheres and energy levels of the games to be much more intriguing to watch. That's my opinion, as others here have theirs (EDIT: let me also add in that I have never been to Allen Fieldhouse or a professional basketball game live, so I am not comparing AFH to never actually witnessing a pro game). KU basketball is preferred by me, obviously now, because I go there and because the KC-area has given me a reason to cheer for the teams that I cheer for since I was very young. Not because I care about quality of a product in a sport that I have only ever had one reason to watch. NBA basketball bores me, college basketball doesn't. I am positive if KC ever got an NBA team, I would give the NBA a chance no doubt.

BleedingRed
07-08-2016, 06:22 PM
**** off, you bleeding vagina

You have ZERO understanding of current sports environment.

The Oakland Coliseum is a gigantic shithole (ironically, just like you). A large portion of the stadium is blanketed on Raiders game days and they STILL have had issues for DECADES selling out.

The Warriors play in a shithole. The new owners wanted a new arena and they're getting it, in SAN FRANCISCO, not Oakland.

Good ****ing GOD, you're ****ing stupid.

California has "gone to hell"?

Do you realize that "California" just saw the Rams move back after a 20+ hiatus? That a $2.8 BILLION dollar stadium is being constructed for them?

Additionally, the Warriors aren't LEAVING California, you butt****ing moron. They're leaving OAKLAND.

JFC, just how ****ing stupid are you?
Holy shit this is the most moronic piece of drivel yet, how you keep out doing yourself is an amazing act of stupidity.

You inbred cuckold, I said (you qoeted) that we are big enough to support a NBA franchise along with out other ones, and used Oakland a refrence.

You argued it wouldn't last long, to which I retorted it has. Jesus I need fucking crayons when I speak with you.

eDave
07-08-2016, 06:30 PM
We'd take them in Phoenix. Immediate upgrade across the board.

BleedingRed
07-08-2016, 06:31 PM
We'd take them in Phoenix. Immediate upgrade across the board.

With or without Russel being there

eDave
07-08-2016, 06:32 PM
With or without Russel being there

Either/or

BleedingRed
07-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Either/or

Suns really that fucked right now, I mean yeah "being in the West" sucks right now.... But are you guys not tanking next year?

staylor26
07-08-2016, 06:40 PM
The problem with this thread is that the owner of the Oklahoma City Thunder is a rich guy from Oklahoma who bought the Seattle Seahawks with the intent of moving them to his home state. He's not going to be moving the team.

The Seattle Super Seahawks?

eDave
07-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Suns really that ****ed right now, I mean yeah "being in the West" sucks right now.... But are you guys not tanking next year?

23/59. Losing record against the conference. Losing record against the division. Losing record at home. Losing record on the road.

But ahead of the Lakers!

BleedingRed
07-08-2016, 06:43 PM
23/59 But ahead of the Lakers!

Lmao who isn't

Titty Meat
07-08-2016, 07:57 PM
I am pretty sure no one cares if your dumb ass is entertained, sports wise or otherwise.

Thats why you took time to not only read but respond too

DaneMcCloud
07-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Holy shit this is the most moronic piece of drivel yet, how you keep out doing yourself is an amazing act of stupidity.

You inbred cuckold, I said (you qoeted) that we are big enough to support a NBA franchise along with out other ones, and used Oakland a refrence.

You argued it wouldn't last long, to which I retorted it has. Jesus I need fucking crayons when I speak with you.

I'm not sure if Chiefsplanet has ever seen a bigger fucking n00b dumbass in its 15 year history.

SAUTO
07-08-2016, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure if Chiefsplanet has ever seen a bigger fucking n00b dumbass in its 15 year history.

Black Bob level

-King-
07-08-2016, 08:31 PM

Because MLB owners don't have the power to threaten cities like NFL and NBA owners do.

GloucesterChief
07-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Because MLB owners don't have the power to threaten cities like NFL and NBA owners do.

They do. It is just MLB sees movement as something to do in only the most extreme circumstances. They have had only one major period of movement as the second tier east coast teams moved primarily west and south into new markets as attendance was trending down in the 1950s and 1960s in the east coast and Great Lakes cities. So the Braves moved to Milwaukee then Atlanta, the Senators moved to Minneapolis and became the Twins, etc.

BleedingRed
07-08-2016, 11:58 PM
I'm not sure if Chiefsplanet has ever seen a bigger ****ing n00b dumbass in its 15 year history.

Ok cuckold

DaneMcCloud
07-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Black Bob level

Worse.

This assclown can't even make a cogent argument.

Blackbob at least attempted to justify his position, regardless of how ridiculous it appeared.

SAUTO
07-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Worse.

This assclown can't even make a cogent argument.

Blackbob at least attempted to justify his position, regardless of how ridiculous it appeared.

I think he's been here before.

Deberg_1990
07-09-2016, 09:36 AM
Can KC support 4 major pro sports teams?

DaneMcCloud
07-09-2016, 09:41 AM
I think he's been here before.

Absolutely

SAUTO
07-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Absolutely

Is he racist?

SAUTO
07-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Seems ironic looking at the lounge.

GloucesterChief
07-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Thunder would be heading back to Seattle before they would come to KC.

DaneMcCloud
07-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Is he racist?
One might say that...

SAUTO
07-09-2016, 10:12 AM
One might say that...

A quick scan of the front page might tell someone paying attention who it is.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Is this the Cochise mult?

SAUTO
07-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Is this the Cochise mult?

If so he's terrible at hiding who he was trying to be.

KCUnited
07-09-2016, 10:50 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300704&page=4

post #52

DaneMcCloud
07-09-2016, 10:59 AM

post #52

That makes sense.

Same stupidity.

Sully
07-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Anybody ever wonder if we could get Manchester United to move to KC?

SAUTO
07-09-2016, 11:08 AM

post #52

Exact same thought I had.

He started the brisket thread years ago.

Ironic it gets bumped right when he's back

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Anybody ever wonder if we could get Manchester United to move to KC?

Or to America? Great club.

Rausch
07-09-2016, 11:47 AM
I was 90's Jazz fan.

The many holdouts (and baseball doing it at the same time didn't help) drove me away.

-King-
07-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Can KC support 4 major pro sports teams?

Sporting KC can kick rocks.

Rausch
07-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Sporting KC can kick rocks.

I hear they do...

DaneMcCloud
07-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Exact same thought I had.

He started the brisket thread years ago.

Ironic it gets bumped right when he's back

Jason Sauto: Mult Hunter

KChiefs1
07-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Lane
07-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Yes. And duh.

Dave Lane
07-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Black Bob level

Black Bob would be embarrassed by his DC crap.