PDA

View Full Version : Football Von Miller closing in a deal reportedly worth 6yr/114m w 70+g

Mr. Laz
07-14-2016, 06:38 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> &amp; Von Miller spent the last week making significant progress on the 6-year, $114M offer. I’m told the guarantees now eclipse $70M.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/753728448317784064">July 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Red Dawg
07-14-2016, 06:39 PM
No way he ever lives up to that. 70 mil no matter what? I said highest paid defender would be his price but had zooms is that a ton.

Halfcan
07-14-2016, 06:47 PM
That pos is not worth nowhere close to that.

hometeam
07-14-2016, 06:48 PM
lol

Sassy Squatch
07-14-2016, 06:53 PM
That pos is not worth nowhere close to that.
He made the Super Bowl his bitch. No single player in the NFL should be getting that kind of money, but he's near the top of the list of players I'd give it.

-King-
07-14-2016, 07:02 PM
He made the Super Bowl his bitch. No single player in the NFL should be getting that kind of money, but he's near the top of the list of players I'd give it.

Yep
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-14-2016, 07:04 PM
So, I'm hoping he gets this contract and then blows a knee the first snap. Sorry ,but Fuck the Donkeys.

Chief Northman
07-14-2016, 07:08 PM
I for one hope this is true. That cap number along with the guaranteed money is crippling for any team salary structure. Von painted them in a corner here. He is an outstanding player (albeit a piece of shit), and going off like he did in the Superbowl all but guaranteed a top defensive player contract in the league.

Here's hoping when he gets paid that he loses the fire/hunger and becomes Haynesworth II.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-14-2016, 07:09 PM
He gets this contract he will buy a huge bag of weed. It will work out.

Mile High Mania
07-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Crazy money... so goes life in the NFL

manchambo
07-14-2016, 07:23 PM
So, I'm hoping he gets this contract and then blows a knee the first snap. Sorry ,but **** the Donkeys.

You stay classy, pig fucker.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-14-2016, 07:36 PM
You stay classy, pig ****er.

I will, your Mom Loves me .

Chief Roundup
07-14-2016, 08:29 PM
Got extra for coming off a SB win just like Flacco did from the Ravens.

alpha_omega
07-14-2016, 08:40 PM
So, I'm hoping he gets this contract and then blows a knee the first snap. Sorry ,but Fuck the Donkeys.

This x eleventy billion.

Rain Man
07-14-2016, 08:51 PM
That kind of money would almost cover all of his outstanding fines and restitutions.

Chief Northman
07-14-2016, 08:59 PM
That kind of money would almost cover all of his outstanding fines and restitutions.

Apparently he's still holding out for some hush money.

BlackOp
07-14-2016, 09:19 PM
Apparently he's still holding out for some hush money.

Dude's twisting the screws on Elway...awesome.

Starting to sound like he wants to leave....$70 million for 11.5 sacks last year.

This really ****ed the Raiders...their days of over-paying Chiefs are over. Mack is going to crash their cap...along with Carr.

Mr. Laz
07-14-2016, 10:37 PM
Here's hoping when he gets paid that he loses the fire/hunger and becomes Haynesworth II.

THISxEleventybillionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Chiefshrink
07-14-2016, 10:52 PM
No way he ever lives up to that. 70 mil no matter what?

I agree,very few have if any. This is positive for the Chiefs IMHO because as soon as Von signs on the dotted line he will go back to his consistent disappearing act for sure and the fans will be calling for his head. Just watch.:thumb:

BTW, Mitchell Schwartz say's whaaaaaaaaa?????? Really???? I owned this guy. Bring on the Von !!!!:D

Simply Red
07-14-2016, 10:54 PM
Denver will be the brokest losers in the NFL - fuck them - we'll sweep them this yr.

Chiefshrink
07-14-2016, 10:55 PM
I for one hope this is true. That cap number along with the guaranteed money is crippling for any team salary structure. Von painted them in a corner here. He is an outstanding player (albeit a piece of shit), and going off like he did in the Superbowl all but guaranteed a top defensive player contract in the league.

He will. Just watch.

MagicHef
07-15-2016, 12:05 AM
I agree,very few have if any. This is positive for the Chiefs IMHO because as soon as Von signs on the dotted line he will go back to his consistent disappearing act for sure and the fans will be calling for his head. Just watch.:thumb:

BTW, Mitchell Schwartz say's whaaaaaaaaa?????? Really???? I owned this guy. Bring on the Von !!!!:D

He may not be worth the contract he will get, but Von is the most consistent pass rusher in NFL history. Saying that he has a "disappearing act" is nonsensical.

TribalElder
07-15-2016, 12:14 AM
That's what happens when you gamble on a contract year and the team loses to the Super Bowl mvp

Pay up donkey trash

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2016, 05:46 AM
That's a lot of good weed.

Pay the man!

Rain Man
07-15-2016, 06:05 AM
He may not be worth the contract he will get, but Von is the most consistent pass rusher in NFL history. Saying that he has a "disappearing act" is nonsensical.

Are you including games with suspensions and injuries in your data?

(I do so enjoy mentioning his suspension.)

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2016, 06:07 AM
Another "waiting for Elway to crash"-convention.

Yeah, I get the feeling that's not happening anytime soon.

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 06:22 AM
A lot of butt hurt and hopes of burning down the franchise in this thread.

This is what happens in the league now, it was the perfect storm for Miller. Elway tried to get him cheaper and it didn't work. Some of you think that's really going to impact how players view him... it's all part of the damn process.

Bwana
07-15-2016, 06:36 AM
That's a lot of scratch, you knew someone was going to get bent over before this was all said and done. If that contract goes down, it's Elway that will be grabbing his ankles.

MagicHef
07-15-2016, 07:21 AM
Are you including games with suspensions and injuries in your data?

(I do so enjoy mentioning his suspension.)

It's simply (games with a sack)/(games played).

Mr. Laz
07-15-2016, 07:32 AM
A lot of butt hurt and hopes of burning down the franchise in this thread.

This is what happens in the league now, it was the perfect storm for Miller. Elway tried to get him cheaper and it didn't work. Some of you think that's really going to impact how players view him... it's all part of the damn process.
Of course we want the donkey franchise to burn to the ground. You are on a Chiefs' football board after all. :hmmm:

ct
07-15-2016, 07:37 AM
you guys can knock this all you want, but the guy is a game changer. he dominated on the biggest stage, and he got paid.

now if he happens to get himself busted again, i'm gonna lmao but if ever a guy deserved to get paid, this is it

staylor26
07-15-2016, 07:39 AM
you guys can knock this all you want, but the guy is a game changer. he dominated on the biggest stage, and he got paid.

now if he happens to get himself busted again, i'm gonna lmao but if ever a guy deserved to get paid, this is it

Nobody really beleives that he didn't earn it or doesn't deserve it, but the Broncos are in a little bit of a rebuild/retooling and handing out that contract is going to really put the pressure on Elway to get it done through the draft.

TEX
07-15-2016, 07:54 AM
Nobody really beleives that he didn't earn it or doesn't deserve it, but the Broncos are in a little bit of a rebuild/retooling and handing out that contract is going to really put the pressure on Elway to get it done through the draft.

True - but they did just fine when handing out that kind of jack to Manning, which was supposed to put them in "cap hell." They'll find a way.

Mile High Mania

And, that's fine... they need to do better with the draft. If Lynch turns out to be the QBotF, then the Miller money isn't going to cramp them in regards to what they're paying the QB for the next several years as his cap number in 2019 (final of rookie contract) is just over $3M.

They're making bets, which all teams do. If they had signed Brock to the deal he wanted, then it's a totally different situation at this point.

We'll see how this mega contract impacts their cap number very soon. The salary cap has risen $10-12M each year, so who knows what it continues to do over the next 3 years.

It's all about placing bets.

Simply Red

http://i.imgur.com/OOzFumG.gif

ThaVirus
07-15-2016, 07:55 AM

It's Flacco 2.0

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 07:59 AM
It's Flacco 2.0

And, Flacco has been fine - he got hurt last year, but he's played to that contract and is worth the money. This year his cap number begins a 6 year run of > $22M of cap money, so they'll see how that works out.

ThaVirus
07-15-2016, 08:00 AM
And, Flacco has been fine - he got hurt last year, but he's played to that contract and is worth the money.

That's debatable

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 08:02 AM
That's debatable

Everything is... I think he's worth $4-5M more than Alex Smith. This is the price you pay for your franchise QB.

BleedingRed
07-15-2016, 08:12 AM
Everything is... I think he's worth $4-5M more than Alex Smith. This is the price you pay for your franchise QB.

No based on the last 3 years.........Hell I'll even say last 5 years

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 08:15 AM
No based on the last 3 years.........Hell I'll even say last 5 years

That's cool.

BleedingRed
07-15-2016, 08:19 AM
That's cool.

Facts are cool...........Pay note to interceptions
https://s31.postimg.org/eey9bzbgb/Joe.png
https://s31.postimg.org/qlrvyywx7/alex.png

Tombstone RJ
07-15-2016, 08:22 AM
It's gonna be a mega deal but now is the time to do it. The Broncos don't have to pay for Manning and Lynch is a few years away from a mega deal. Vons willingness to sit out is what gives him leverage. After this contact is paid out Miller will be in his 30s and his best years will be behind him.

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2016, 08:23 AM
Too pricey, IMHO, but what the hell. It ain't my money. I won't bitch if the Broncos want to buy him to entertain me.

I also won't be disappointed if Miller turns them down.

BleedingRed
07-15-2016, 08:25 AM
It's gonna be a mega deal but now is the time to do it. The Broncos don't have to pay for Manning and Lynch is a few years away from a mega deal. Vons willingness to sit out is what gives him leverage. After this contact is paid out Miller will be in his 30s and his best years will be behind him.

If hes worth it you mean..........

BleedingRed
07-15-2016, 08:26 AM
Too pricey, IMHO, but what the hell. It ain't my money. I won't bitch if the Broncos want to buy him to entertain me.

I also won't be disappointed if Miller turns them down.

Just franchise man, remember Elway only want people who want to play there.

Wildcat2005
07-15-2016, 08:27 AM
Man Denver's defense dominating the Super Bowl really played right into the Chief's hands

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-15-2016, 08:29 AM
I hope this deal gets done. I also hope he pops his Achilles on the first play of game one every year for the next 5 years.

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 08:38 AM
Just franchise man, remember Elway only want people who want to play there.

And he wants to be there and get paid, it's the way it goes.

BleedingRed
07-15-2016, 08:44 AM
And he wants to be there and get paid, it's the way it goes.

He is going to fuck your cap man......... How many players are you willing to let go?

TEX
07-15-2016, 08:47 AM
I hope this deal gets done. I also hope he pops his Achilles on the first play of game one every year for the next 5 years.

:)

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 08:52 AM
Man Denver's defense dominating the Super Bowl really played right into the Chief's hands

How is that exactly?

He is going to **** your cap man......... How many players are you willing to let go?

It's a big cap number, no doubt. Teams that win and have a lot of good players are going to lose them, esp in a year after a SB with lots of guys taking advantage of it.

Would I rather have the guys we lost on defense without Miller or Miller with other guys... hell, I won't complain about the path we're on. It's not like I'm expecting a repeat...

Tombstone RJ
07-15-2016, 08:53 AM
He can buy a lot of chickens and a lot of weed with that kind of $. Dude got paid.

Simply Red
07-15-2016, 09:12 AM
didn't Fisher play very well against Miller last year or am I butt-fumbling players?

Wildcat2005
07-15-2016, 09:15 AM
He is going to **** your cap man......... How many players are you willing to let go?

Is he?
I was looking at OverTheCap, and that doesn't appear to be the case

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Have there been any suggestions as to what the YOY cap impact would be with this deal? I haven't seen one.

Wildcat2005
07-15-2016, 09:17 AM
How is that exactly?

Because everyone knows you can't win while paying an individual $20M+ a year

That is why Manning's contract was such an anchor for them

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 09:21 AM
Because everyone knows you can't win while paying an individual $20M+ a year

That is why Manning's contract was such an anchor for them

Good point, if only they could have won more.

KC has two guys at $19M and $17M ... thankfully, the team didn't cross that magical threshold.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-15-2016, 10:09 AM
Not finalized yet? Uh oh...

The Franchise
07-15-2016, 10:10 AM
Not finalized yet? Uh oh...

Elway is still trying to figure out that damn fax machine.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Lol at the bravado of a gifted superbowl thanks to the league marketing tool. Mule and Hef probably wear John Cena jerseys and strut around in those.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Elway is still trying to figure out that damn fax machine.

Put it on a tee;:)

Hammock Parties
07-15-2016, 10:13 AM
I hate Von Miller, for unrelated reasons. In my Madden franchise, at the age of 34, I brought him to KC as a FA on an expensive 2 year, $23 million deal. Most of it was guaranteed money.

He got 14 sacks and helped me field the deadliest pass rush in the league, then promptly retired.

After one year in retirement he shows back up in FA and signs with someone else.

GIMME BACK MY $10 MILLION.

Mr. Laz
07-15-2016, 10:21 AM
True - but they did just fine when handing out that kind of jack to Manning, which was supposed to put them in "cap hell." They'll find a way.
yep, whether they are cheating or not the broncos are talented at maneuvering the cap.

maybe they are better because they cheat
maybe they are better because their owner is more willing to spend

they are still better than we are at it

They are better at 'moving and shaking' than we are too.

We are slow,methodical ... Dorsey has the better eye for talent

Denver has the better DC
we have a better OC

It will be interesting to see how Denver's QB situation works out. Sadly i imagine they will find some way to make it work. Just like we've spent every year under Reid/Dorsey trying to build an elite defense. Denver spent 19 million per year on Manning and still built a top 5 defense in half the time.

It's time for our coaching staff to make it happen, no more excuses.

Time for Reid to manage the clock and the playcalling
Time for sutton to finally rotate the DL and keep Hali/Houston healthy for the end of season.

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 10:30 AM
Lol at the bravado of a gifted superbowl thanks to the league marketing tool. Mule and Hef probably wear John Cena jerseys and strut around in those.

Ha... ok.

Have some fun with this one. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16897010/predicting-nfl-division-winners

Of the AFCW beat writers, only the guy from San Diego chose a team not from Denver to win the division, and he picked KC. In the results, KC finishes in 3rd behind Denver and then Oakland.

Lots of doubts in Denver for sure, but doesn't look like too many believers with KC yet. That should change though, I think KC will finish first or second in the division this year.

I think we'll have one of the tightest division races in a long time...

Pasta Little Brioni
07-15-2016, 10:46 AM
ROFL a bunch of tripe? You aren't winning 11 by less than 7 again. Once that flips expect a basement finish for a less talented team.

TEX
07-15-2016, 10:55 AM
ROFL a bunch of tripe? You aren't winning 11 by less than 7 again. Once that flips expect a basement finish for a less talented team.

Especially the "weird" ways they won them. In any given week a play here / there can influence the outcome of a game. It usually evens out over the course of the season. That never happened for Denver last season. They were on the plus side of weird game altering plays / circumstances way too often for it to have been simply coincidence IMO.

New World Order
07-15-2016, 10:59 AM
Ha... ok.

Have some fun with this one. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16897010/predicting-nfl-division-winners

Of the AFCW beat writers, only the guy from San Diego chose a team not from Denver to win the division, and he picked KC. In the results, KC finishes in 3rd behind Denver and then Oakland.

Lots of doubts in Denver for sure, but doesn't look like too many believers with KC yet. That should change though, I think KC will finish first or second in the division this year.

KC isn't doing anything without a healthy Houston.

New World Order
07-15-2016, 11:00 AM
I hate Von Miller, for unrelated reasons. In my Madden franchise, at the age of 34, I brought him to KC as a FA on an expensive 2 year, $23 million deal. Most of it was guaranteed money.

He got 14 sacks and helped me field the deadliest pass rush in the league, then promptly retired.

After one year in retirement he shows back up in FA and signs with someone else.

GIMME BACK MY $10 MILLION.

I think it's free with EA Access now.

What do you play on?

Pasta Little Brioni
07-15-2016, 11:07 AM
KC isn't doing anything without a healthy Houston.

Vons too busy posing nude and probably gets hurt this year 3 to 4 win team without him in pile high.

Hammock Parties
07-15-2016, 11:08 AM
I think it's free with EA Access now.

What do you play on?

ps4

just moved the Chiefs to London :evil:

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 11:45 AM
Especially the "weird" ways they won them. In any given week a play here / there can influence the outcome of a game. It usually evens out over the course of the season. That never happened for Denver last season. They were on the plus side of weird game altering plays / circumstances way too often for it to have been simply coincidence IMO.

Weird like Reid deciding not to play for OT and Charles fumbling (again) weird...

Pasta Little Brioni
07-15-2016, 12:11 PM
2 bogus PIs to extend the tying drive sure is though

MMXcalibur
07-15-2016, 12:13 PM
Ha... ok.

5-11

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 12:13 PM
2 bogus PIs to extend the tying drive sure is though

I don't recall the plays to say whether it's sour grapes or legit. I do know that per this site, Denver gets away with 3-4 of those a game.

DaFace
07-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Denver Post is calling it a done deal.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/14/von-miller-contract-denver-broncos/

Von Miller will be remembered forever in Denver with his Super Bowl 50 performance. He took a huge step toward never leaving, agreeing to a landmark six-year, $114.5 million contract with $70 million guaranteed, according to a league source, making him the highest-paid nonquarterback in NFL history.

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 12:19 PM
Denver Post is calling it a done deal.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/14/von-miller-contract-denver-broncos/

Yep, now just waiting to see how the numbers look annually.

Bowser
07-15-2016, 12:21 PM
Over/under on the times Denver goes to Miller asking him to restructure in the next 6 years?

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 12:32 PM
Over/under on the times Denver goes to Miller asking him to restructure in the next 6 years?

I'll say 3...

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 01:37 PM
"Miller gets a $23 million signing bonus and $42 million guaranteed at signing, $61 million guaranteed after the first year and $70 million guaranteed after the second year of the deal, the sources said."

Still curious to see how this plays out against the cap ... 60 sacks in 5 years and a SB MVP, that carries a nice reward to it. Time to move on now that this is done.

Found this on SI -
The rough breakdown of Miller’s contract, according to sources:

2016: $23 million signing bonus, $2 million in salary and workout bonus, other bonuses. Total $25 million (fully guaranteed). The year one payout was the only metric he did not surpass Philadelphia defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, who got $27.3 million upfront with his recent contract extension
2017: $17 million in salary, bonuses (fully guaranteed). Total is $42 million after two years. Cox got $36.3 million guaranteed after year two
2018: $19 million in salary, bonuses. (Injury-only guarantee, converts to full guarantee in eight months, or March 17). Total is $61 million after three years. Cox got $55.55 million guaranteed after year three
2019: $17.5 million in salary, bonuses. (Injury-only guarantee but $9 million converts to full guarantee a year earlier, or in March, 2018). Total is $78.5 million after four years with $70 million guaranteed. Cox got $63.3 million guaranteed after year four
2020: $17.5 million in salary. $500,000 work out bonus (no guarantees). Total is $96.5 million after five years
2021: $17.5 million in salary. $500,000 work out bonus (no guarantees). Total is $114.5 million after six years

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2016, 02:23 PM
"Miller gets a $23 million signing bonus and $42 million guaranteed at signing, $61 million guaranteed after the first year and $70 million guaranteed after the second year of the deal, the sources said."

Still curious to see how this plays out against the cap ... 60 sacks in 5 years and a SB MVP, that carries a nice reward to it. Time to move on now that this is done.

Found this on SI -
The rough breakdown of Miller’s contract, according to sources:

2016: $23 million signing bonus, $2 million in salary and workout bonus, other bonuses. Total $25 million (fully guaranteed). The year one payout was the only metric he did not surpass Philadelphia defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, who got $27.3 million upfront with his recent contract extension
2017: $17 million in salary, bonuses (fully guaranteed). Total is $42 million after two years. Cox got $36.3 million guaranteed after year two
2018: $19 million in salary, bonuses. (Injury-only guarantee, converts to full guarantee in eight months, or March 17). Total is $61 million after three years. Cox got $55.55 million guaranteed after year three
2019: $17.5 million in salary, bonuses. (Injury-only guarantee but $9 million converts to full guarantee a year earlier, or in March, 2018). Total is $78.5 million after four years with $70 million guaranteed. Cox got $63.3 million guaranteed after year four
2020: $17.5 million in salary. $500,000 work out bonus (no guarantees). Total is $96.5 million after five years
2021: $17.5 million in salary. $500,000 work out bonus (no guarantees). Total is $114.5 million after six years

Call it a premature assessment, but I don't see him playing six years under that contract. One of the parties will likely be dissatisfied going into year five at the latest.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-15-2016, 02:30 PM
Pissed away a first on a guy that doesn't have the brain for the position now fucked in cap sapace in the future ....awesome

Hammock Parties
07-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Pissed away a first on a guy that doesn't have the brain for the position now fucked in cap sapace in the future ....awesome

do you really think there is an appreciable difference in the IQ of Justin Houston and Von Miller?

chiefs1111
07-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Jets got Wilkerson locked up. 5 years 85 million according to NFL Network

TEX
07-15-2016, 02:47 PM
Weird like Reid deciding not to play for OT and Charles fumbling (again) weird...

Kinda - Als week 1 against Ravens, then at Cleveland, at Chicago etc. Too long of a list. My absolute favorite was the MNF against the Patriots. No defending that "win." The whole nation saw it. That was THE ONE that made everything possible. It was given to you. You're welcome.

staylor26
07-15-2016, 02:48 PM
do you really think there is an appreciable difference in the IQ of Justin Houston and Von Miller?

He's talking about their dumb ass QB bro.

MagicHef
07-15-2016, 02:54 PM
Kinda - Als week 1 against Ravens, then at Cleveland, at Chicago etc. Too long of a list. My absolute favorite was the MNF against the Patriots. No defending that "win." The whole nation saw it. That was THE ONE that made everything possible. It was given to you. You're welcome.

What are you talking about?

We didn't play the Patriots on MNF, and there were no drive-extending penalties against the Patriots. The only 3rd down penalty against NE's defense was a facemask, and that came after CJ Anderson had already gained enough for a 1st.

JimBaker48.8
07-15-2016, 03:04 PM
If you got a contract with that kinda money including for openers a 23 million dollar payment and you really liked grass, what would you do to celebrate when that 23 mil hit your bank account ?

ThaVirus
07-15-2016, 03:17 PM
If you got a contract with that kinda money including for openers a 23 million dollar payment and you really liked grass, what would you do to celebrate when that 23 mil hit your bank account ?

Von will probably murder someone in celebration

DJ's left nut
07-15-2016, 03:18 PM
Call it a premature assessment, but I don't see him playing six years under that contract. One of the parties will likely be dissatisfied going into year five at the latest.

Looks like just a tiny opening there after the 2nd year if they wanted to cut and run after the 2017 season but before .

If they cut him after year two (presuming he's healthy, just less productive), they'd have $14.1 million in bonus accelerate onto their cap. They could June 1 designate him, eat $4.1 million that year and have to absorb $9.4 million the following year.

Unless I'm reading that wrong and the fully guarantee for year 3 comes after year 1, in which case, they're effectively locked into year 3 as well (because it would be cost prohibitive to cut him after year 1 and accelerate $19 million worth of bonus onto the cap).

If that's the case, sure looks like a 4 yr, $78 million deal to me.

OctoberFart
07-15-2016, 03:52 PM
What kind of coin did Houston get?

MagicHef
07-15-2016, 03:54 PM

$101m over 6 years, $52m guaranteed.

OctoberFart
07-15-2016, 03:55 PM
$101m over 6 years, $52m guaranteed.

Very similar really.

DJ's left nut
07-15-2016, 03:56 PM

Different structure; a little easier for KC to escape.

Realistically it was iron-clad at 3/$53 million and then they could escape after 2017 if they wanted to. On the same 4 year timeline as Miller, it's 4/$68.

Ultimately Miller's won his team a Super Bowl and Houston's been unable to answer the bell in every post-season game he's been invited to thus far. Miller's unquestionably earned that premium over Houston.

But I'm not convinced Miller's actually a better player. Time will tell.

OctoberFart
07-15-2016, 03:58 PM

Realistically it was iron-clad at 3/$53 million and then they could escape after 2017 if they wanted to. On the same 4 year timeline as Miller, it's 4/$68.

Ultimately Miller's won his team a Super Bowl and Houston's been unable to answer the bell in every post-season game he's been invited to thus far. Miller's unquestionably earned that premium over Houston.

Yeah but it is funny how posters say way too much money for Miller but Houston deal is okay. Cap is only going up with Miller's deal and I think Denver pays him a huge chunk this year.

Mr. Laz
07-15-2016, 04:03 PM
Yeah but it is funny how posters say way too much money for Miller but Houston deal is okay. Cap is only going up with Miller's deal and I think Denver pays him a huge chunk this year.
Not everyone said the Houston deal was ok.

I don't think you pay an OLB that much money personally.

J.J. Watt is different, he is a Dline who can rush the passer on every play without calling a blitz. Dline who can dominate is worth more than a dominant linebacker. JMO

Then there is the thought that a non-QB isn't ever worth that much.

MagicHef
07-15-2016, 04:04 PM

Considering that Fletcher Cox got $102.6m over 6 years with $63.3m guaranteed, I'm not upset about Von's deal at all.

DJ's left nut
07-15-2016, 04:10 PM
Also of note is that year 5 for Miller is $2.25 million higher than year 5 for Houston.

And the average over the first for is right at $2.5 million/season higher for Miller than it is for Houston.

It sure looks like Miller's camp knew exactly what they wanted. They wanted to be about 15% higher annually than Houston. Figure on 10% in increased cap and a 5% "I raped faces in the post-season" premium and that seems pretty damn fair.

Simply Red
07-15-2016, 04:12 PM
You stay classy, pig ****er.

quit being a pussy.

DJ's left nut
07-15-2016, 04:12 PM

Eh, I think Houston's deal is exactly 'okay'.

And since I'm not convinced that Miller will be better than Houston going forward, I lean a little towards Denver overpaying by a hair to keep Miller.

That said, Houston's deal's not looking great now that his knee got messed up and I don't think you can say that Denver went beyond what the market would bear.

Like the Houston deal, this whole thing seems like an inexorable conclusion. This is where this was always going to go. As a Chiefs fan, I can only hope Miller also gets his knee wrecked by a teammate and is similarly unproductive during the post-season (or ideally, simply not invited to it).

vailpass
07-15-2016, 04:14 PM

Succinct summary. Agreed on all points though imho Houston's time to show he is still in the same group as Mack and Miller is growing shorter.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2016, 04:16 PM
Where's Black Op to tell us he's so happy the deal is done because blah-blah-blah...

O.city
07-15-2016, 04:16 PM
Succinct summary. Agreed on all points though imho Houston's time to show he is still in the same group as Mack and Miller is growing shorter.

One season removed from a 22 sack, however many pressure season?

O.city
07-15-2016, 04:17 PM
Prior to Houston's injury last year, he was on pace for 12 sacks, and iirc, had the lead in pressures.

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Where's Black Op to tell us he's so happy the deal is done because blah-blah-blah...

He did that already, right now he's getting jerked off by Pasta Meatball.

Pablo
07-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Hope he celebrates with a lethal codeine overdose.

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 04:19 PM

He's done very well, obviously.

5 years and 60 sacks with the SB MVP... Miller had great timing.

DJ's left nut
07-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Prior to Houston's injury last year, he was on pace for 12 sacks, and iirc, had the lead in pressures.

12 sacks doesn't make someone a $17 million player, IMO.

I respect the pressures, but at some point the play needs to get finished. When Hali's getting paid like a good, not great player, I'm content with him being among the league leaders in pressures.

When Houston's getting paid as much as any non-quarterback in league history, 'pressures' don't haul the mail. I want those plays finished.

vailpass
07-15-2016, 04:20 PM

Houston is an animal, don't get me wrong. But he has zero playoff accomplishments compared to Miller's, and the young buck sizzle is all directed Mack's way right now. My point was that in a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league it's time for Houston to show out this season imho.

O.city
07-15-2016, 04:22 PM

I respect the pressures, but at some point the play needs to get finished. When Hali's getting paid like a good, not great player, I'm content with him being among the league leaders in pressures.

When Houston's getting paid as much as any non-quarterback in league history, 'pressures' don't haul the mail. I want those plays finished.

Pressures are just as important. Like macks rookie year, pressures are huge.

I think you're using some old math here in terms of salary. With the cap going up, a 12 to 15 sack per year guy is getting paid that.

DJ's left nut
07-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Houston is an animal, don't get me wrong. But he has zero playoff accomplishments compared to Miller's, and the young buck sizzle is all directed Mack's way right now. My point was that in a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league it's time for Houston to show out this season imho.

I thought last season was looking like the season Smith needed to show himself to be a true leader. And while he didn't show himself to be a gunslinger, he did establish himself as a leader and a guy that knew how to win football games. He has a little more to show yet, but I think he answered the call last year.

This year is Houston's time. I know it seems strange in light of the 22 sack season, but he did that for an also-ran. If he wants to be a legitimate superstar, he needs to go off like Miller just did and impose his will in games that matter.

Right now he's a garbage man who hasn't made a dent in the post-season and was on the sidelines for 7 of those 11 Ws last year.

This is absolutely the season that he can announce himself as an historic player; a legitimate superstar.

DJ's left nut
07-15-2016, 04:26 PM
Pressures are just as important. Like macks rookie year, pressures are huge.

I think you're using some old math here in terms of salary. With the cap going up, a 12 to 15 sack per year guy is getting paid that.

Dee Ford put pressure on Brady last year, just enough to get him to step up and fire downhill for a back-breaking first down.

No, pressures are nowhere near as important. Pressure just means you made the QB improvise. Good QBs can do that and will still beat you.

Sacks mean you just took their lunch money.

Good players get pressures, great players finish the job. Don't lower the bar for a guy that's getting paid like a great player.

O.city
07-15-2016, 04:28 PM

Also, miller had 11 total sacks last year, but had the big postseason run.

So much of what they do makes other guys that much better. So while they may not consistently put up 22 per year, you have to account for them everydown and they're getting doubled alot. So in essence they're making your entire d better and more effective playing 10 on 9

vailpass
07-15-2016, 04:28 PM
I thought last season was looking like the season Smith needed to show himself to be a true leader. And while he didn't show himself to be a gunslinger, he did establish himself as a leader and a guy that knew how to win football games. He has a little more to show yet, but I think he answered the call last year.

This year is Houston's time. I know it seems strange in light of the 22 sack season, but he did that for an also-ran. If he wants to be a legitimate superstar, he needs to go off like Miller just did and impose his will in games that matter.

Right now he's a garbage man who hasn't made a dent in the post-season and was on the sidelines for 7 of those 11 Ws last year.

This is absolutely the season that he can announce himself as an historic player; a legitimate superstar.

Yep. And yep.

O.city
07-15-2016, 04:30 PM
Dee Ford put pressure on Brady last year, just enough to get him to step up and fire downhill for a back-breaking first down.

No, pressures are nowhere near as important. Pressure just means you made the QB improvise. Good QBs can do that and will still beat you.

Good players get pressures, great players finish the job. Don't lower the bar for a guy that's getting paid like a great player.

Like my previous post, simply getting pressures make the rest of the defense that much better.

During Houston's 23 sack year, we had Fleming at corner for God's sake.

A pressure isn't a sack. But bormally, of a guys getting consistent preasure, the sacks come and it's disorgsnizing the offensive gameplan.

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2016, 04:41 PM
Hope he celebrates with a lethal codeine overdose.

I wonder if that would qualify as injury under the terms of the contract.

ChiefAshhole1056
07-15-2016, 04:45 PM
Dispensary owners across Colorado rejoice.

TEX
07-15-2016, 05:03 PM

Yep. With Houston, participation must be part of the grade. Dude hasn't been available 2 out of 3 seasons when the Chiefs needed him the most. Time to step up when it counts the most.

SAUTO
07-15-2016, 05:08 PM
Yep. With Houston, participation must be part of the grade. Dude hasn't been available 2 out of 3 seasons when the Chiefs needed him the most. Time to step up when it counts the most.

Yeah he fucking CHOSE those seasons to get hurt, once by his own team mate.

You are a fucking idiot, proving it once again.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2016, 05:11 PM
Just think; his thrusts while dry humping Alex Smith after a sack are worth thousands!

New World Order
07-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Just think; his thrusts while dry humping Alex Smith after a sack are worth thousands!

That dance is sick. I do it in my office after I give a successful presentation.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2016, 05:27 PM
That dance is sick. I do it in my office after I give a successful presentation.

LMAO

TEX
07-15-2016, 05:28 PM
Yeah he ****ing CHOSE those seasons to get hurt, once by his own team mate.

You are a ****ing idiot, proving it once again.

"CHOOSING" has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. Sometimes circumstances come into play, and for whatever reason the effect of said circumstances need to be part of the grade. Take you for instance - easily the the biggest drooling mongoloid here - and even though you can't help it, it's part of your grade too. :shrug:

BlackOp
07-15-2016, 05:37 PM
He did that already, right now he's getting jerked off by Pasta Meatball.

The only ones getting jerked off are those claiming this was a good deal..rationalizing that Denver doesn't have to pay a QB salary. You have Sanchez as your starter, no one behind him, and a $70 million OLB. I wouldn't count on him to exploit Flemming and drive late in the game. Donkotards have totally marginalized Manning's contributions to the point they think any QB will get them to the SB. Unless he can improve his release time by at least a full second, the crap o-line that Manning masked, is going to get him killed.

Face it..you have no talent at the most important position in sports. You also just grossly over-paid for a player that happened to get hot at the right time. When Denver starts losing those close games that were won last season...fans are going to realize how bad Elway screwed the team. He couldn't afford the PR backlash of losing both Brock and Miller in the same off-season...and got raped by his own arrogance.

I see a heavy dose of buyer's remorse in the near future....but at least No-Show has a poster-boy for his ceiling.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2016, 05:48 PM
Face it..you have no talent at the most important position in sports.

Well now there's some fucking irony on a Friday.

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 06:00 PM
The only ones getting jerked off are those claiming this was a good deal..rationalizing that Denver doesn't have to pay a QB salary. You have Sanchez as your starter, no one behind him, and a $70 million OLB. I wouldn't count on him to exploit Flemming and drive late in the game. Donkotards have totally marginalized Manning's contributions to the point they think any QB will get them to the SB. Unless he can improve his release time by at least a full second, the crap o-line, that Manning masked, is going to get him killed.

Face it..you have no talent at the most important position in sports. You also just grossly over-paid for a player that happened to get hot at the right time. When Denver starts losing those close games that were won last season...fans are going to realize how bad Elway screwed the team. He couldn't afford the PR backlash of losing both Brock and Miller in the same off-season...and got raped by his own arrogance.

I see a heavy dose of buyer's remorse in the near future....but at least No-Show has a poster-boy for his ceiling.

Sanchez is a bum... riddle me this though. Should things turn out to be positive with Lynch, it is a well played bet. No? And that's all this stuff is... measured bets on players.

CapsLockKey
07-15-2016, 06:03 PM
Seems like a lot of scratch until you compare it to the money the NBA was throwing around.

New World Order
07-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Sanchez is a bum... riddle me this though. Should things turn out to be positive with Lynch, it is a well played bet. No? And that's all this stuff is... measured bets on players.

If I had 2 people to draft my QBOTF it would be Elway and Reid.

BlackOp
07-15-2016, 06:19 PM

No, even if Lynch becomes a viable starter, it will take 3 seasons before he's winning more than he's losing. Bortles is an example of this except he's started from the beginning. Paxton is raw and a season away from even taking his lumps.

If Sanchez goes down, you have no one with any starting experience. That's a horrible job on Horsefaces part.

After losing Brock and then Kap, Elway should have just conceded that Denver is in a partial reboot and got picks for Miller...but the fans would have crucified him. This is the price you pay for buying a veteran team with the "all or nothing" mentality....it happened to KC when Vermeil left. Elway didn't even have enough to pay $11 million for Kap...he's got a $4.5 million starting QB.

Mile High Mania
07-15-2016, 06:22 PM
No, even if Lynch becomes a viable starter, it will take 3 seasons before he's winning more than he's losing. Bortles is an example of this except he's started from the beginning. Paxton is raw and not even ready to take his lumps.

If Sanchez goes down, you have no one with any starting experience. That's a horrible job on Horsefaces part.

I think you're wrong, but that's cool.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-15-2016, 06:27 PM

Oh i am talkin bout Pickston Lynch in the first part

Pasta Little Brioni
07-15-2016, 06:30 PM
What are you talking about?

We didn't play the Patriots on MNF, and there were no drive-extending penalties against the Patriots. The only 3rd down penalty against NE's defense was a facemask, and that came after CJ Anderson had already gained enough for a 1st.

Clean sack that would have pretty much ended the game was negat ed d by one of the most bogus calls i have ever seen.

Chiefshrink
07-15-2016, 07:15 PM

Maybe you did and maybe you didn't see every game for the first 3yrs like I did. "Flash and hide" routine. When he was forced to give up the weed is when he started to play with more consistency. The last half of the 14 season,all of 15 he was the best no doubt. But he got his $$ now. We'll see :shrug:

Chiefshrink
07-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Elway tried to get him cheaper and it didn't work.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but as soon as Suh got his 60mil Elway should have tried to sign Miller immediately thereafter for 61 mil and he would have got him cheaper for sure. Miller would have signed is my guess.

SAUTO
07-15-2016, 07:35 PM
"CHOOSING" has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. Sometimes circumstances come into play, and for whatever reason the effect of said circumstances need to be part of the grade. Take you for instance - easily the the biggest drooling mongoloid here - and even though you can't help it, it's part of your grade too. :shrug:

ROFL yeah you can go fuck yourself, whY? Because you are a fucking pussy.

SAUTO
07-15-2016, 07:38 PM
I would slap your face right off your fucking head.

Otter
07-15-2016, 07:54 PM

Good players get pressures, great players finish the job. Don't lower the bar for a guy that's getting paid like a great player. I'll give credit where credit is due: Dee is good at getting pressure the same way a dog is good at chasing cars. He just doesn't seem to know what to do once he catches up.

ThaVirus
07-15-2016, 08:34 PM
Maybe you did and maybe you didn't see every game for the first 3yrs like I did. "Flash and hide" routine. When he was forced to give up the weed is when he started to play with more consistency. The last half of the 14 season,all of 15 he was the best no doubt. But he got his $$ now. We'll see :shrug:

He's got the statistics. Von's had a sack in a higher percentage of games than almost anyone.

ThaVirus
07-15-2016, 08:35 PM
He's also stabbed more people than almost anyone

TomBarndtsTwin
07-15-2016, 08:38 PM
Giving that kind of $$$$$ to a dude with Von's off the field issues is a risk. He's a great player, no doubt, but I wouldn't want him to have that contract if he was a Chief.

We'll see . . . . . .

MagicHef
07-16-2016, 12:59 AM
Clean sack that would have pretty much ended the game was negat ed d by one of the most bogus calls i have ever seen.

It would have ended the game on 2nd down? Interesting.

MagicHef
07-16-2016, 12:59 AM
He's got the statistics. Von's had a sack in a higher percentage of games than almost anyone.

Not almost.

MagicHef
07-16-2016, 01:03 AM
Giving that kind of $$$$$ to a dude with Von's off the field issues is a risk. He's a great player, no doubt, but I wouldn't want him to have that contract if he was a Chief.

We'll see . . . . . .

He's no longer in the drug program, so there's not really much risk of "off the field issues". At least, not more than your average NFL player.

BlackOp
07-16-2016, 01:59 AM
I'll give credit where credit is due: Dee is good at getting pressure the same way a dog is good at chasing cars. He just doesn't seem to know what to do once he catches up.

Do you remember how many INTs that DJ dropped that would have ended games? A shitload...at least 6-7. He's seemed to improve when the opportunity presents itself...hopefully Ford can curtail his tendency to over-pursue...but at least he's getting there.

BlackOp
07-16-2016, 02:08 AM

I missed that game last year...just watched what you were talking about. That was some seriously bogus officiating...all slighted to Denver's advantage at critical junctures. Even fans that hate the Patriots were crying foul in the comment section. When you look at all the breaks that magically went their way last season...independently it seems like an anomaly. When you patch them together it becomes uncanny...

Patriot kicker, one of the best, misses an extra point...the first in years. Denver wins by two points while Brady magically ignores a wide-open Gronk to tie. How does Brady ignore a wide-open Gronk? JC's fumble, S. Smith's drop, Cleveland's INT...

11 wins by 7 or less points....which means a play or two decided the outcome. All victories...never been done in history.

ThaVirus
07-16-2016, 08:04 AM
Not almost.

Well the sack has only been an officially recorded statistic for like 30 years. There may have been someone pre-1982 that had more. Who knows..

stevieray
07-16-2016, 08:29 AM
Who cares?

**** Miller and the donxs

Fairplay
07-16-2016, 08:39 AM
Von will have himself a large posse to hang out with him, guaranteed friends until the money runs out or until he gets thrown in prison for something.

That much money reeks into the core of a person, the party always comes to an end.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-16-2016, 08:49 AM
It would have ended the game on 2nd down? Interesting.

ROFL they weren't overcoming a 3rd and forever with Biff Assweiler

Rain Man
07-16-2016, 10:26 AM
I missed that game last year...just watched what you were talking about. That was some seriously bogus officiating...all slighted to Denver's advantage at critical junctures. Even fans that hate the Patriots were crying foul in the comment section. When you look at all the breaks that magically went their way last season...independently it seems like an anomaly. When you patch them together it becomes uncanny...

Patriot kicker, one of the best, misses an extra point...the first in years. Denver wins by two points while Brady magically ignores a wide-open Gronk to tie. How does Brady ignore a wide-open Gronk? JC's fumble, S. Smith's drop, Cleveland's INT...

11 wins by 7 or less points....which means a play or two decided the outcome. All victories...never been done in history.

And the Super Bowl? The league MVP starts suddenly throwing balls 5 yards over the heads of receivers on a majority of plays? If you saw the sick look on Newton's face after the game, that wasn't feeling bad about a game. That was guilt and angst about something entirely different. It's clear that Newton was forced to throw the game.

The good news for the Patriots and Panthers is that I'm sure they'll both get Super Bowls soon. Brady will get his as soon as he announces his last season, and Newton will get his during an otherwise slow NFL season since the Panthers are a small-market team.

Mile High Mania
07-16-2016, 10:31 AM
You guys are funny...

Bowser
07-16-2016, 11:23 AM
So he counts 25 million against the cap this year alone and will make 42 mil guaranteed in two seasons? Christ. No pressure to live up to those numbers, Von.

Yeah, they're going to come to him early and often to restructure that deal.

Bowser
07-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Who cares?

**** Miller and the donxs

But ultimately, this

MagicHef
07-16-2016, 12:06 PM
ROFL they weren't overcoming a 3rd and forever with Biff Assweiler

I think it's reasonable that they could have gained 15 yards in 2 plays (it was a 4 down situation).

Also, it was defensive holding.

wazu
07-16-2016, 05:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;It&#39;s been a great 5 years, here&#39;s to 6 more amazing years! Thanks Bronco Nation, I love you and I appreciate you! <a href="https://t.co/2EEcgXylgV">pic.twitter.com/2EEcgXylgV</a></p>&mdash; Von Miller (@Millerlite40) <a href="https://twitter.com/Millerlite40/status/754054327786885120">July 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tombstone RJ
07-16-2016, 05:46 PM
SB MVP got paid. If Houston ever gets a SBMVP maybe he'll get bank instead of just cashing his paycheck.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-16-2016, 06:01 PM
Report that Von Miller was just busted driving a tractor trailer load of Marijuana into his Mansion.

vailpass
07-16-2016, 07:18 PM
Report that Von Miller was just busted driving a tractor trailer load of Marijuana into his Mansion.

Vailpass en route to conduct an on-site investigation. Pizza ordered.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-17-2016, 09:48 AM
I think it's reasonable that they could have gained 15 yards in 2 plays (it was a 4 down situation).

Also, it was defensive holding.

Nope. They were done.

Rain Man
07-17-2016, 02:44 PM
I bet every bit of this money ends up in the hands of ISIS.

stumppy
07-17-2016, 02:49 PM

Or one of the Mexican Cartels.

DomCasual
07-17-2016, 03:41 PM
No, even if Lynch becomes a viable starter, it will take 3 seasons before he's winning more than he's losing. Bortles is an example of this except he's started from the beginning. Paxton is raw and a season away from even taking his lumps.

After losing Brock and then Kap, Elway should have just conceded that Denver is in a partial reboot and got picks for Miller...but the fans would have crucified him. This is the price you pay for buying a veteran team with the "all or nothing" mentality....it happened to KC when Vermeil left. Elway didn't even have enough to pay $11 million for Kap...he's got a $4.5 million starting QB.

It's rare to find someone who is wrong on literally every single thing that he says. Nice work.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2016, 03:43 PM
It's rare to find someone who is wrong on literally every single thing that he says. Nice work.

Ohhhhhh, stick around friend.

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 04:07 PM

So if Sanchez goes down, you have an experienced back-up? What"s his name?

Elway left a SB winning team with $4.5 million starting QB that he didn't really even want...what part of this is wrong?

You must be of the opinion that Lynch, who ran a gimmick offense in Memphis out of the shot-gun, is going to ready to play under-center and manage a pro-style offense? In just one pre-season of experience where he isn't even getting the majority of snaps?

Another unrealistic Donko-tard...great.

$70 million for Miller and a back-up starting QB with no-one behind him and a shaky o-line....brilliant strategy. Stephenson sucks at RT but somehow rationalize that they have improved "greatly" across the o-line.

Stack the box and make Sanchez beat you...good luck with that.

Garcia Bronco
07-17-2016, 04:44 PM
Trevor Semien will most likely be the starter. Lynch won't see the field at all unless it's the end of the season and we're out of the playoffs.

vailpass
07-17-2016, 04:52 PM
Ohhhhhh, stick around friend.

It's best if you don't respond to that one. He's like an insane beetlejuice but you only have to say his name once and he shows up full of psycho babble.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2016, 05:04 PM
It's best if you don't respond to that one. He's like an insane beetlejuice but you only have to say his name once and he shows up full of psycho babble.

Mmmm...good to know.:hmmm:

vailpass
07-17-2016, 05:08 PM
Mmmm...good to know.:hmmm:

Whoops I meant that for Dom to warn him about BlackOp.

Bowser
07-17-2016, 05:09 PM

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2016, 05:10 PM
Whoops I meant that for Dom to warn him about BlackOp.

Yeah, I wasn't sure. Just following your lead in all matters donkey-related.

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I wasn't sure. Just following your lead in all matters donkey-related.

Why dont you follow that lead back to where you came from...snugly inside Elway's asshole.

Haven't you been banned already...not that it matters, you're not bright enough to make any entertaining difference....like a fruit fly buzzing around not doing anything.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Why dont you follow that lead back to where you came from...snugly inside Elway's asshole.

Haven't you been banned already...not that it matters, you're not bright enough to make any entertaining difference....like a fruit fly.

You amuse me, son. Keep it rollin'.

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 05:49 PM
You amuse me, son. Keep it rollin'.

Shame the feeling isn't mutual....

DomCasual
07-17-2016, 05:56 PM
So if Sanchez goes down, you have an experienced back-up? What"s his name?

Elway left a SB winning team with $4.5 million starting QB that he didn't really even want...what part of this is wrong?

You must be of the opinion that Lynch, who ran a gimmick offense in Memphis out of the shot-gun, is going to ready to play under-center and manage a pro-style offense? In just one pre-season of experience where he isn't even getting the majority of snaps?

Another unrealistic Donko-tard...great.

$70 million for Miller and a back-up starting QB with no-one behind him and a shaky o-line....brilliant strategy. Stephenson sucks at RT but somehow rationalize that they have improved "greatly" across the o-line.

Stack the box and make Sanchez beat you...good luck with that.

Did you actually watch any Broncos games last year, including the Super Bowl? What you're arguing is really interesting to me. It's almost like you're combining their play from three years ago with their offseason from this year.

You realize Manning didn't throw 55 TDs last season, right?

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 06:03 PM
I know you're thinking there is no way your QB situation could be as bad as it was last season...yes, yes it can. 5 turnovers in one game is hard to accomplish....be proud.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/defiant68/s_zpsx9fvqd50.jpg

Bowser
07-17-2016, 06:07 PM
Sanders and Thomas are going to get rather frustrated rather quickly this year. Sanchez isn't quite as bad as some think, but he sure the hell isn't what they're used to in Denver, either. Brian Griese was likely a better cube than Sanchez is.

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Sanders and Thomas are going to get rather frustrated rather quickly this year. Sanchez isn't quite as bad as some think, but he sure the hell isn't what they're used to in Denver, either. Brian Griese was likely a better cube than Sanchez is.

Not to mention he's following 4 years of Manning and a SB win...no pressure on a new QB, in a new system, that has historically played poorly under intense scrutiny. When he starts stinking it up, the fans are going to have a melt-down...no worries though, the back-up has never taken a real NFL snap.

Quesadilla Joe
07-17-2016, 06:30 PM
I know you're thinking there is no way your QB situation could be as bad as it was last season...yes, yes it can. 5 turnovers in one game is hard to accomplish....be proud.

Ha! Peyton almost did that in the first half against KC.

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 06:35 PM
Ha! Peyton almost did that in the first half against KC.

Are you attempting to use that performance as a positive endorsement of Sanchez? Manning's worst game of his career? ROFL SOLD!!!

The only difference in that equation was Manning was going against KC's #3 defense...Titans were dead last that year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2016, 06:46 PM

It's very possible that Sanchez is taking this opportunity quite seriously. And if you'll recall, when he has confidence he's a very effective QB.

Helped to win some *not*-wild card playoff games if I recall correctly, yes.

Quesadilla Joe
07-17-2016, 06:55 PM
Are you attempting to use that performance as a positive endorsement of Sanchez? Manning's worst game of his career? ROFL SOLD!!!

The only difference in that equation was Manning was going against KC's #3 defense...Titans were dead last that year.

Denver has the most talented roster in the entire league. The team can make up for whatever shortcomings we have at QB, they proved it last year when they took the worst QB in the NFL to the Super Bowl and won it.

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 06:56 PM
It's very possible that Sanchez is taking this opportunity quite seriously. And if you'll recall, when he has confidence he's a very effective QB.

Helped to win some *not*-wild card playoff games if I recall correctly, yes.

Six years ago....then this. There is a reason he's been a back-up...

2012 season

The Jets opened their season against the Buffalo Bills with Sanchez completing 19 of his 27 passes for 266 yards, 3 touchdowns and an interception in a 48–28 rout of the Bills.[84] In the subsequent four games, Sanchez became the first quarterback since Stoney Case in 1999 to complete under 50% of his passes in four straight contests as the Jets fell to a 2–3 record.[85] This prompted fierce criticism from the media and the fans in regards to Sanchez's continued accuracy issues and prompted calls for the promotion of Tim Tebow.[85

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2016, 06:56 PM
Denver has the most talented roster in the entire league. The team can make up for whatever shortcomings we have at QB, they proved it last year when they took the worst QB in the NFL to the Super Bowl and won it.

ROFL:clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2016, 06:57 PM
Six years ago....then this. There is a reason he's been a back-up...

2012 season

The Jets opened their season against the Buffalo Bills with Sanchez completing 19 of his 27 passes for 266 yards, 3 touchdowns and an interception in a 48–28 rout of the Bills.[84] In the subsequent four games, Sanchez became the first quarterback since Stoney Case in 1999 to complete under 50% of his passes in four straight contests as the Jets fell to a 2–3 record.[85] This prompted fierce criticism from the media and the fans in regards to Sanchez's continued accuracy issues and prompted calls for the promotion of Tim Tebow.[85

Rex Ryan: QB Killer.

True story.

staylor26
07-17-2016, 07:01 PM

ROFL

Not even the most talented team in the division. That would be the Chiefs with all of our top 100 players, which are the most in the league.

:)

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 07:04 PM

True story.

In a QB starved league...he would have been given a starting job, somewhere, before now. There is a reason he's been holding clipboards...and signed for $4.5 million. He was never intended to be Denver's starter when Elway acquired him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2016, 07:05 PM
In a QB starved league...he would have been given a starting job, somewhere, before now. There is a reason he's been holding clipboards...and signed for $4.5 million.

Work ethic.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-17-2016, 07:06 PM
Trevor Semien will most likely be the starter. Lynch won't see the field at all unless it's the end of the season and we're out of the playoffs.

ROFL if so 4 wins tops. Simien ROFL ROFL ROFL what a garbage roster.

staylor26
07-17-2016, 07:07 PM

True story.

Whats the excuse for his time in Philly?

He was just as bad, if not worse, than Bradford and Foles.

eDave
07-17-2016, 07:08 PM
In a QB starved league...he would have been given a starting job, somewhere, before now. There is a reason he's been holding clipboards...and signed for $4.5 million. He was never intended to be Denver's starter when Elway acquired him.

Sign me up.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-17-2016, 07:09 PM

Why did it take 11 fluke wins to do so? Those games turn the other way without the calls Manning brings. You will see that this year and puss out leaving the board again. They weren't thrashing anyone. In fact the much more talented Chiefs dominated them twice and the gap has grown immensely between the two. 5 fluke turnovers and bogus calls on the final drive to not be bown off the field twice. This year?? Uh oh....

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 07:12 PM

Donko-tard delusion has spoken....the most talented roster without a QB or O-line...

You know..just because you say something on the internet...doesn't make it true.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-17-2016, 07:14 PM
Nobody respects what they did and it hurts the lil fella. Nobody won last year is the thought of most fans. The season was a sham for Mannings farewell.

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 07:16 PM
they took the worst QB in the NFL to the Super Bowl and won it.

That is a bullet-proof strategy...I think teams are going to copy it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Whats the excuse for his time in Philly?

He was just as bad, if not worse, than Bradford and Foles.

He was in Philly.

RunKC
07-17-2016, 07:19 PM

Denver has a top 5 caliber defense and Emmanuel Sanders. The rest is average at best.

Most talented team is Seattle at this point.

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 07:23 PM
He was in Philly.

Yep..the entire NFL failed to notice that Sanchez was obviously a championship caliber QB....just waiting for the right team.

Meatloaf
07-17-2016, 07:30 PM
You're not gonna win on a consistent basis with an average QB. If past performance is indicative of his skill, Sanchez is average at best. Certainly not a Prime Time carry-the-team-on-his-back type guy.

Denver's D will certainly keep them in games, but I sure don't see that offense striking fear into the opponent's defense.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Yep..the entire NFL failed to notice that Sanchez was obviously a championship caliber QB....just waiting for the right team.

This story sounds eerily familiar....

Mile High Mania
07-17-2016, 07:42 PM
Blacktop, I think you're under the delusion that most of us believe in Sanchez. Deep down, most Broncos fans realize we are just waiting for Lynch to earn the job or to be thrown to the wolves in week 5.

They made a bet at QB, Lynch fell their way in R1 and we will soon see how that works out. This year might be ugly, they might win 8-10 games. Who knows...

I believe most of us are fine with whatever happens this season.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-17-2016, 08:51 PM
There is areason he fell. He woulda slipped further if Elway didn't get desperate. Dorsey baited him into pissing away the pick too ROFL

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 08:53 PM
Blacktop, I think you're under the delusion that most of us believe in Sanchez. Deep down, most Broncos fans realize we are just waiting for Lynch to earn the job or to be thrown to the wolves in week 5.

They made a bet at QB, Lynch fell their way in R1 and we will soon see how that works out. This year might be ugly, they might win 8-10 games. Who knows...

You know as well as I....that is a pile of horseshit. The majority of Donko fans share the same belief as numb-nuts. They think the defense is so amazing that any QB will do...and Elway couldn't possibly make terrible mistakes. They are stuck in a Manning-era entitlement mentality without a HOF QB. It will happen to NE, too, in a few years...even the Donko beat writer, Legworld, listed Sanchez as a better QB than Smith. The idiocy is heavy....

The best defenses in modern history...Bucs, Ravens and Bears couldn't get back to the SB.

You are the only fan that has expressed any concept of reality...

Quesadilla Joe
07-17-2016, 09:08 PM
There is areason he fell. He woulda slipped further if Elway didn't get desperate. Dorsey baited him into pissing away the pick too ROFL

The Cowboys would've traded with Seattle if Elway didn't. Elway went and got his guy, Dorsey sat and watched his draft board get raped and pillaged.

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 09:19 PM
The Cowboys would've traded with Seattle if Elway didn't. Elway went and got his guy, Dorsey sat and watched his draft board get raped and pillaged.

Nope...Eltwat got played. Dopey QB's aren't what Reid looks for...it's why he picked one from Stanford this year.

BlackOp
07-17-2016, 10:19 PM
This story sounds eerily familiar....

And how many picks have exchanged hands for the privilege of Sanchez's services....

Your own team brought him in as a bargaining chip...they had no intention of actually using him. Shit just blew up in Elway's face and they have been on PR damage control since...

It's the whole Twainian inversion "Paint my fence..it's really fun and you'll love it".

ClevelandBronco
07-17-2016, 10:23 PM

I'm good for the next 10 years or so.

ChiefAshhole1056
07-17-2016, 10:33 PM
Denver has a top 5 caliber defense and Emmanuel Sanders. The rest is average at best.

Most talented team is Seattle at this point.

That O-line is pretty bad. I'd go Arizona at this point.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-17-2016, 10:49 PM

This isn't true at all. This is coming from the person that had and gave you daily updates on how big of a disaster Manning was in TC last year when the exact SAME mainstream hacks were sucking him off. LEGIT sources are nice. You are a puppet of the media clownboy. I was kind and pre warned you on Picktson Lynch too.

Quesadilla Joe
07-17-2016, 10:58 PM
This isn't true at all. This is coming from the person that had and gave you daily updates on how big of a disaster Manning was in TC last year when the exact SAME mainstream hacks were sucking him off.

LMAO

You said the same thing in 2012, 2013, and 2014.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-17-2016, 11:03 PM
Well his arm WAS shot just as i said. You and your hacks said he was firing LASERS out there. It was proven to be a load of crap. That was my point then. Things were obviously much worse last year.

BlackOp
07-18-2016, 12:46 AM
Well his arm WAS shot just as i said. You and your hacks said he was firing LASERS out there. It was proven to be a load of crap. That was my point then. Things were obviously much worse last year.

The one thing that is lost... is Manning's arm went from setting records to total junk at the same time the NFL began testing for HGH. Elway knew this loophole...its what corporate weasels do...exploit.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-18-2016, 01:16 AM
To return from serious injury he was offered protection from the refs, given league records, and finally a title. The Broncos won jack and shit. They bought the league marketing tool. Simple as that.

Mile High Mania
07-18-2016, 05:19 AM
To return from serious injury he was offered protection from the refs, given league records, and finally a title. The Broncos won jack and shit. They bought the league marketing tool. Simple as that.

(yawn)

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-18-2016, 05:39 AM
And how many picks have exchanged hands for the privilege of Sanchez's services....

Your own team brought him in as a bargaining chip...they had no intention of actually using him. Shit just blew up in Elway's face and they have been on PR damage control since...

It's the whole Twainian inversion "Paint my fence..it's really fun and you'll love it".

Yeah Denver isn't my team, but I sure do love the discomfiture and fits that ol' Horsey seems to be giving you.

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2016, 08:01 AM

it wasnt so much his arm...it was his legs. He couldn't use the ground as leverage against gravity as well.

manchambo
07-18-2016, 08:11 AM

Manning was certainly shot, a a whole, last year. But if I start saying this year that "my sources tell me" Brady's arm is shot, and keep saying that for the next few years, eventually "my sources" will be right. The sun will shine on a dog's ass if you just give it time.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-18-2016, 08:15 AM
He was throwing ducks for 4 years. Morons were saying he was at full strength. 2 and a half years of gods hand landing them in there was a joke.

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2016, 08:29 AM
He was throwing ducks for 4 years. Morons were saying he was at full strength. 2 and a half years of gods hand landing them in there was a joke.

He did set a TD record two seasons ago...so you got that going for your point. Especially considering the nerve damage in his finger tips...which is the main cause of the ducks you are talkimg about

Pasta Little Brioni
07-18-2016, 08:30 AM
Sheeple

manchambo

What are you saying exactly? That he couldn't throw and yet still was the best passer in the league when he joined Denver due to divine intervention?

Lzen

WTF are you talking about? I seem to remember him tearing up us and the rext of the league in 2013. I wanted him to be done but that obviously was not the case that year. Last year, yes. And despite that, he came back week 17 and played well enough to win. He wasn't spectacular by any means, but he used his brains and experience to help lead that team. Look, I can't stand the Broncos and Manning any more than the next Chiefs fan, but you have to give credit where credit is due. Still, we all know the defense carried the team last year.

That defense will keep them in a lot of games this year but I see them winning .500, at best.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-18-2016, 08:32 AM
What are you saying exactly? That he couldn't throw and yet still was the best passer in the league when he joined Denver due to divine intervention?

Contract. Same as if Hulk Hogan came back and went on a miracle run.

Rain Man
07-18-2016, 09:41 AM
I think Manning was an interesting case of aging. He was very effective in 2012, he was effective for 13 games or so in 2013, he was effective for 10 games or so in 2014, and in 2015 he wasn't good for anything except NFL marketing. Gerontologists will study his game film and write dissertations about it.

Mile High Mania
07-18-2016, 10:49 AM
I think Manning was an interesting case of aging. He was very effective in 2012, he was effective for 13 games or so in 2013, he was effective for 10 games or so in 2014, and in 2015 he wasn't good for anything except NFL marketing. Gerontologists will study his game film and write dissertations about it.

Age and the decline of the OL... it all added up, and in 2015, Manning was getting killed early - 10 sacks in first 3 games with a lot of hits. Then, they (he) decided to say screw this and changed things. But, yeah - getting older and getting hit more, that doesn't help.