PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs got better times ahead in the next 3 seasons???

Chief Roundup
07-19-2016, 01:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/17411/can-chiefs-expect-better-times-ahead-in-the-next-three-seasons

In their three seasons under coach Andy Reid, the Kansas City Chiefs haven’t won a division title, but they’ve been an annual playoff contender, reaching the postseason twice as a wild-card entrant. They haven’t been able to advance in the postseason beyond the divisional round.

This interesting post suggests that for the foreseeable future, the next three seasons, the Chiefs are headed for more of the same.

ESPN ranked the prospects for each of the NFL’s 32 teams over the 2016, 2017 and 2018 seasons based on several factors, including the quality of the overall roster, quarterback, coaching, the draft, and the front office. The Chiefs are a respectable 11th, their strength according to this ranking being Reid’s coaching ability.

Eleventh doesn’t sound bad, but it doesn’t represent an improvement over what the Chiefs have been over the past three seasons. In the future rankings, the Chiefs are second in the AFC West behind the No. 9 Denver Broncos and sixth overall in the AFC.

That should sound familiar. The Chiefs have finished second to the Broncos in their division in each of Reid’s three seasons. They’ve been the fifth seed in the playoffs in each of their two postseason appearances.

Those Chiefs fans with long memories may not think of this pattern as being stuck in a rut. The Chiefs, after all, won no more than four games in four of the six seasons previous to Reid’s arrival, so these are prosperous times for Kansas City’s NFL team, relatively speaking.

Ultimately, though, they haven’t been fulfilling. And if the Chiefs follow up in the next three seasons with more of the same, even the most patient of their fans might come to think Kansas City was definitely stuck in a rut with Andy Reid as the head coach.

staylor26
07-19-2016, 02:01 PM
A pessimistic article from Teicher that says absolutely nothing of substance?

No way!!!!

Chief Roundup
07-19-2016, 02:04 PM
IMO we should win the division this year and win at least another playoff game, maybe even two.

Coochie liquor
07-19-2016, 02:04 PM
Future rankings? Who the cuck determines those?

Chief Roundup
07-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Future rankings? Who the cuck determines those?

What the hell is that? It sure is not a word.

Tribal Warfare
07-19-2016, 02:11 PM

Self hating white people per urbandictionary

Coochie liquor
07-19-2016, 02:13 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300897

stevieray
07-19-2016, 02:26 PM
...if he never wrote another article on the chiefs, I wouldn't lose any sleep.

KC_Lee
07-19-2016, 02:32 PM
So basically it's the 90's all over again? Great, let me break out the Zubaz pants.

O.city
07-19-2016, 03:44 PM
Well, if it plays out like that over the next 3 years he's not wrong about it being a lukewarm tenure

staylor26
07-19-2016, 03:55 PM
Well, if it plays out like that over the next 3 years he's not wrong about it being a lukewarm tenure

Of course it will, but what reason is he basing this on?

Some retarded subjective rankings "for the next 3 years"?

There was no sense of optimism in that article, just like every other one he writes. Not even a mention of getting over the hump of winning a playoff game when it seemed appropriate. If you're going to be negative at least back it up with something of substance.

O.city
07-19-2016, 04:09 PM
Of course it will, but what reason is he basing this on?

Some retarded subjective rankings "for the next 3 years"?

There was no sense of optimism in that article, just like every other one he writes. Not even a mention of getting over the hump of winning a playoff game when it seemed appropriate. If you're going to be negative at least back it up with something of substance.

He's basing it on the rankings. Based on these projected rankings, if it plays out the way they're projecting.

One could also make the case that he's basing it one Reid's history here.

Personally, based on the last decade, another run of the 90s isn't a bad thing. Losing and being horrifically bad sucks.

DaneMcCloud
07-19-2016, 04:14 PM

Then that makes it even more fucking retarded.

In two out of the last three seasons, the Chiefs have gone on a 9-0 run (11-0 last year).

The 2016 team, on paper, is by far the most talented team the Chiefs have fielded during Reid's tenure, so what makes anyone believe that the Chiefs will fare even worse?

staylor26
07-19-2016, 04:15 PM
He's basing it on the rankings. Based on these projected rankings, if it plays out the way they're projecting.

Personally, based on the last decade, another run of the 90s isn't a bad thing. Losing and being horrifically bad sucks.

I get that. My point is, this article is somehow even more pointless than those rankings. How the fuck can you rank for 3 years down the line?

He could've summarized this in a tweet, but he's Teicher so he has to go all doom and gloom for no apparent reason.

O.city
07-19-2016, 04:27 PM
Then that makes it even more ****ing retarded.

In two out of the last three seasons, the Chiefs have gone on a 9-0 run (11-0 last year).

The 2016 team, on paper, is by far the most talented team the Chiefs have fielded during Reid's tenure, so what makes anyone believe that the Chiefs will fare even worse?

And in said seasons, still have failed to win the division and have 1 playoff win to show for it.

O.city
07-19-2016, 04:28 PM
I get that. My point is, this article is somehow even more pointless than those rankings. How the **** can you rank for 3 years down the line?

He could've summarized this in a tweet, but he's Teicher so he has to go all doom and gloom for no apparent reason.

Basically he's saying, if the next 3 years go like the last 3, it would be kind of a meh tenure. Or atleast thats what I took it as.

stevieray
07-19-2016, 04:32 PM
1 playoff win to show for it.

as opposed to the previous 20 years or so?

I'LL TAKE IT.

DaneMcCloud
07-19-2016, 04:32 PM
And in said seasons, still have failed to win the division and have 1 playoff win to show for it.

It's also safe to say that the Broncos were ahead of the Chiefs when Reid and Dorsey took over and have been to two Super Bowls during that time period.

The fact that the Chiefs were able to go from 2-14 to 11-5, 9-7, 11-5 and a playoff win is pretty damn impressive.

RunKC
07-19-2016, 04:35 PM
Chiefs have gotten better and better every year during this regime.

An AFCW division winner+1 playoff win is the floor for this season.

staylor26
07-19-2016, 04:35 PM

I love how everybody went from acting like winning a playoff game was a near impossible task, and something we needed to finally do to truly get over the hump, but now that we've done it, it all of a sudden means absolutely nothing.

I get that it's championship or bust now, but it's pretty spoiled of you to act as though that wasn't a huge step forward in the right direction. Not to mention the way this team battled in NE despite all the injuries. Any other recent Chiefs team would've been completely embarrassed in that game with those conditions, but we faught and somehow had a legitimate shot at winning it.

O.city
07-19-2016, 04:41 PM
It's also safe to say that the Broncos were ahead of the Chiefs when Reid and Dorsey took over and have been to two Super Bowls during that time period.

The fact that the Chiefs were able to go from 2-14 to 11-5, 9-7, 11-5 and a playoff win is pretty damn impressive.

Absolutely.

O.city
07-19-2016, 04:43 PM
I love how everybody went from acting like winning a playoff game was a near impossible task, and something we needed to finally do to truly get over the hump, but now that we've done it, it all of a sudden means absolutely nothing.

I get that it's championship or bust now, but it's pretty spoiled of you to act as though that wasn't a huge step forward in the right direction. Not to mention the way this team battled in NE despite all the injuries. Any other recent Chiefs team would've been completely embarrassed in that game with those conditions, but we faught and somehow had a legitimate shot at winning it.

I don't remember alot of that being said, but they're right on the track they need to be.

But as his stating here, if the next 3 years look like the last 3 have, it'll be a failure

O.city
07-19-2016, 04:44 PM
And point me to where I'm acting as if that wasn't a step in the right direction?

Kman34
07-19-2016, 04:45 PM
If any thing we are ascending....We beat Denver at Denver ....should have beat them at home.... then.....won a road playoff game... Without a proven QB Denver is second place team to me...

staylor26
07-19-2016, 04:45 PM
Basically he's saying, if the next 3 years go like the last 3, it would be kind of a meh tenure. Or atleast thats what I took it as.

And point me to where I'm acting as if that wasn't a step in the right direction?

The way you talk about "the last 3", certainly sounds like that. By "last 3", you clearly don't mean continuing to ascend, which is exactly what we've done.

O.city
07-19-2016, 04:47 PM
The way you talk about "the last 3", certainly sounds like that.

If the next 3 years are a carbon copy of the last 3, would you say it's been a successful tenure?

6 years with 2 playoff wins and 0 division titles would be a blah time.

staylor26
07-19-2016, 04:50 PM
I'm just going to assume you mean finishing our season with a loss, and if that's the case I agree.

Why Teicher fails to acknowledge the steps we've taken is my initial point though. He's pretending like none of that has happened, and there's no reason to be optimistic.

A good beat writer would at least give that side of the argument.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-19-2016, 04:56 PM
Stopped reading at behind Denver

staylor26
07-19-2016, 04:58 PM
I just flat out can't stand Teicher. I don't know how many of you saw it, but at the beginning of the offseason he was questioning Dorsey and basically said "So, you've had some pretty good offseasons since you've been here, but everything is lining up for you to fail this time." (Howard and Smith leaving, losing our 3rd).

What does Dorsey go on to do? Have another really good offseason by getting Howard back on a great deal and picking up Schwartz with some of the money he saved by not signing Smith (on another great deal). Then he makes the moves in the draft to get back the value he lost with the tampering charges while adding a really nice chunk of talent to the roster.

And here Teicher is still waiting for everything to collapse with his doom and gloom bullshit. He's a ****ing joke and clearly has a negative bias in the mold of Clay.

Easy 6
07-19-2016, 04:58 PM
I have a litany of valid reasons why this team could win it all in the next three seasons... why hasnt Teicher moved on to another beat all of these years later, does no one else want him?

SAUTO
07-19-2016, 05:00 PM
Chiefs have gotten better and better every year during this regime.

An AFCW division winner+1 playoff win is the floor for this season.

11-5

9-7

11-5

It's good especially compared to previous years but it's in no way "improving every year"

staylor26
07-19-2016, 05:02 PM
11-5

9-7

11-5

It's good especially compared to previous years but it's in no way "improving every year"

Wrong.

In terms of record, yes. Not much improvement at all there, but the team has clearly gotten better from year to year.

We couldn't beat playoff teams in the first year, despite the record. The following year, we beat the two teams that went on to play in the SB.

Last year we finally beat Denver (should've been twice), and finally won a playoff game.

RunKC
07-19-2016, 05:06 PM
I just flat out can't stand Teicher. I don't know how many of you saw it, but at the beginning of the offseason he was questioning Dorsey and basically said "So, you've had some pretty good offseasons since you've been here, but everything is lining up for you to fail this time." (Howard and Smith leaving, losing our 3rd).

What does Dorsey go on to do? Have another really good offseason by getting Howard back on a great deal and picking up Schwartz with some of the money he saved by not signing Smith (on another great deal). Then he makes the moves in the draft to get back the value he lost with the tampering charges while adding a really nice chunk of talent to the roster.

And here Teicher is still waiting for everything to collapse with his doom and gloom bullshit. He's a ****ing joke and clearly has a negative bias in the mold of Clay.

Terez is the best Chiefs writer in KC. Mellinger is pretty fair most of the time.

O.city
07-19-2016, 05:09 PM
Wrong.

In terms of record, yes. Not much improvement at all there, but the team has clearly gotten better from year to year.

We couldn't beat playoff teams in the first year, despite the record. The following year, we beat the two teams that went on to play in the SB.

Last year we finally beat Denver (should've been twice), and finally won a playoff game.

Theyve gotta take the next step this year and beat good teams on the road. That's been a stumbling block that's kept them from winning the division.

SAUTO
07-19-2016, 05:12 PM
Wrong.

LMAO ok buddy.

staylor26
07-19-2016, 05:22 PM
LMAO ok buddy.

The only thing that's arguable is year 1 to year 2. I can see why you might feel that way, but I disagree. There should be no argument about year 2 to year 3.

Mr. Laz
07-19-2016, 05:25 PM
Coaching was absolutely the reason we improved in Reid's first couple of years in KC.

Now it's Dorsey.

Still waiting to see if Reid can keep up or if he's just an offensive minded Shottenheimer.

Easy 6
07-19-2016, 05:29 PM
Wrong.

Must say I agree here

People might sometimes forget just what exactly was inherited by this regime... a franchise at its historical bottom

Immediately turning that around into 3 consecutive winning seasons and reaching all kinds of important milestones along the way tells me what I need to know about Dorsey and co

And I'm not buying "all the talent they inherited"... yes they inherited studs in every team category, but we all know it was a top heavy and ultimately empty roster that couldnt do SHIT right

Lets not even get going on the losing culture that had set in here... we were RIGHT there with the Browns of the league and we all know it

This current team has depth, swagger and talent all OVER the place

Dont like Smiff? just wait, he isnt getting any younger

When you've seen some of the very worst, the good ones truly stand out

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-19-2016, 05:48 PM
This is a different Chiefs team than we have EVER had, well, the last forty years. Under Schotty we were good on Defense but our Offense sucked. Under Vermeil Our offense was great but our defense sucked. Now we have the most complete team we've ever fielded. And special teams ain't too shabby either.

The only thing that sucks now is Teicher.

Sandy Vagina
07-19-2016, 05:48 PM
The talent is definitely better than it's ever been under Andy in KC. Losing Sean Smith is a tough one, but adding Schwartz balances that and then some, imo.

I don't fully remember what went wrong in 2012, but in the other years.. playoff years.. the Chiefs just had some brutal injuries at critical positions that sabotaged them going further.

Buzz
07-19-2016, 06:22 PM
If we can stay healthy and not have cancer, blown knees and concussions to star players, I like our chances. Denver may be questionable at quarterback, defense will carry that team.

ThaVirus
07-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Lets not even get going on the losing culture that had set in here... we were RIGHT there with the Browns of the league and we all know it

Not really. We had hosted a playoff game just two years prior to the 2012 disaster. 7-9 and two ridiculously fluke-ish blocked field goals away from winning the division in 2011.

Meatloaf
07-19-2016, 06:45 PM
This is a different Chiefs team than we have EVER had, well, the last forty years. Under Schotty we were good on Defense but our Offense sucked. Under Vermeil Our offense was great but our defense sucked. Now we have the most complete team we've ever fielded. And special teams ain't too shabby either.

The only thing that sucks now is Teicher.

Agree with you Hog. This team is solid top to bottom. Secondary is young, but we have a bunch of new talent - hoping that with good coaching (and our secondary coaches are great), one or two of these guys could be pretty darned good.

This team is gonna be hard to beat.

DaneMcCloud
07-19-2016, 06:50 PM
Not really. We had hosted a playoff game just two years prior to the 2012 disaster. 7-9 and two ridiculously fluke-ish blocked field goals away from winning the division in 2011.

Come on.

The roster was shot and the QB worse than shit.

ThaVirus
07-19-2016, 06:51 PM
Come on.

No doubt about it.

We weren't Browns-level bad, though.

Meatloaf
07-19-2016, 06:54 PM
Come on.

Not sure what's worse than shit, but I think you NAILED it as far as our QBs back then. :thumb:

Easy 6
07-19-2016, 07:03 PM

We had and still have those great locker room presences... but they were basically helpless when surrounded by so much incompetence

It was a historically bad era for this team - complete ineptitude - the headlines are still out there to dig up, there is nothing to argue about

Nitpick if you want and I wont argue, but this team was a gutted mess that had not had a comprehensive and winning strategic direction from the top down since Stram died, IMO

ThaVirus
07-19-2016, 07:09 PM
We had and still have those great locker room presences... but they were basically helpless when surrounded by so much incompetence

It was a historically bad era for this team - complete ineptitude - the headlines are still out there to dig up, there is nothing to argue about

Nitpick if you want and I wont argue, but this team was a gutted mess that had not had a comprehensive and winning strategic direction from the top down since Stram died, IMO

The roster, outside of the 5-6 blue chips we had, was complete shit. I'm not arguing that and I don't think anyone would.

I'm saying we weren't Browns level bad. You have to be really bad for a really long time to make that distinction. If ever we reached that point it was during the Herm years.

Meatloaf
07-19-2016, 07:14 PM
The roster, outside of the 5-6 blue chips we had, was complete shit. I'm not arguing that and I don't think anyone would.

I'm saying we weren't Browns level bad. You have to be really bad for a really long time to make that distinction. If ever we reached that point it was during the Herm years.

We were Browns-level bad in the late 70s. Those teams were B-A-D.

Chief Roundup
07-19-2016, 07:25 PM
Some of it depends on the way people want to view things.
I like others think Teicher is being negative which means that he doesn't really see us improving all that much or not enough to accomplish more than what we currently have while under Reid.
The last time that this organization won 2 playoff games in a 6 year period was the early 90s and before that the late 60's. Although that is not great in some ways it would still be better than we have been in at least 23 years.
I think we will win a Division title this year and probably at least 1 more playoff game this season as well. Beyond that only time will tell because of countless possibilities.

ThaVirus
07-19-2016, 07:47 PM
We were Browns-level bad in the late 70s. Those teams were B-A-D.

That was before my time. I've heard about the 60's squads but know virtually nothing about this team from 1970-1990. We must have blown some serious dicks.

Meatloaf
07-19-2016, 07:58 PM
That was before my time. I've heard about the 60's squads but know virtually nothing about this team from 1970-1990. We must have blown some serious dicks.

In the late 70's our players were bad, our coaches were bad and our front office was bad. Trifecta of Dread.

Chief Roundup
07-19-2016, 08:04 PM

From 1974-1989 we were 94-144-2. We had one 10 win season, one 9 win season and three 8 win seasons.

Gonzo
07-19-2016, 09:49 PM
You know, I almost miss Whitlock. Adam is a homer half the time, a doomsdayer the other half and a douchetastic moron all the time.

DaneMcCloud
07-19-2016, 10:25 PM

Your analysis from watching a Black&White RCA console TV would have been spot on.

:moon:

BlackOp
07-19-2016, 10:38 PM
A good beat writer would at least give that side of the argument.

He's not a "good" beat writer...he's a paid NFL shill to keep a small market team out of the narrative.

Had the NY Giants won 11 in a row and won 30-0 in the play-offs..only to be decimated by injuries in the next game...this off-season would be nothing but hype.

KC...nary a word

DaneMcCloud
07-19-2016, 10:44 PM
He's not a "good" beat writer...he's a paid NFL shill to keep a small market team out of the narrative.

Had the NY Giants won 11 in a row and won 30-0 in the play-offs..only to be decimated by injuries in the next game...this off-season would be nothing but hype.

KC...nary a word

That's not on Teicher, that's on the small media market.

It's also on Clark Hunt.

BlackOp
07-19-2016, 10:47 PM
That's not on Teicher, that's on the small media market.

It's also on Clark Hunt.

There was an ESPN article about the best new FA acquisitions in the AFCW this off-season. Teicher didn't even mention Mitchell Schwartz...he's the best pick-up in the entire division. Dude's paid to spread a negative narrative...

How does a supposed "beat writer" for a single team..neglect mentioning picking up a #1 rated o-lineman? It's deliberate...do you think Legworld would bring it up if the Donkos signed him?

eDave
07-19-2016, 10:53 PM
You can't predict one year, much less three.

DaneMcCloud
07-19-2016, 10:54 PM

Chiefs got

Discuss Thrower
07-19-2016, 11:36 PM

You sure?

Just to give mine, I expect that in 2013 Alex will play 14-15 games, complete around 64% of his passes for a bit over 3,000 yards, throw maybe 17-18 TDs against 9-10 INTs. I expect that we'll start the year trying to be pass-happy with Alex and it won't work (hence the 9-10 picks). I expect a trajectory much like when we "discovered" Priest Holmes in 2001 and began to run the offense through him as the season progressed (although I do think Trent Green was a better QB than Alex will be). Things will settle down and I expect that Jamaal Charles will have a career best in total yardage, and the Chiefs will be top 10 in rushing, while bottom 10 in passing. I expect Dwayne Bowe to be underutilized, with most of the focus on short passing to backs and slot receivers, although he'll still manage his requisite 800-1000 yards despite that. I think Donnie Avery may have a second consecutive career year, again pushing 800 yards. I expect that we'll all see Reid try to incorporate McCluster into the offense, and it still won't work. End result is 7-8 wins, with a lot of losses under 7 points (the defense is going to be pretty good), so close but not quite there for a wild card. I expect Alex Smith to get his extension after this season (if he doesn't get it before that).

Then in 2014 I expect Alex Smith to have what will be, for him, a career year. 65% passing for 3500 yards, 20 TD, 6 INT. Jamaal Charles (or a backup, he may be run into the ground by season's end) will post another career year. The passing offense's rank will rise into middle-of-the-league, while the rushing offense will remain top-5. The defense will be a bit better, giving us some victories in close games we lost in 2013. The team will win 9-10 games and make the playoffs, where they'll lose a low scoring wild card game to a team they should beat (or may have beaten during the season).

'15-'17 will be more of the same, falling somewhere between 7-9 and 11-5 every year, 3000-3500 yards annually for Alex, probably not much more than 20 TDs in any season. We'll be back to full martyball, basically, with everything centering around defense and running game, although that's obviously counter to Andy Reid's career trends. I think it's possible we win a playoff game or two. I don't think we'll be a super bowl contender, although there have been fluky wins by teams in the past, so anything's possible.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-19-2016, 11:42 PM
What's the consensus on CP in regards to this season's expectations? AFC West champs? Deep playoff run? Let down year?

ThaVirus
07-19-2016, 11:46 PM
What's the consensus on CP in regards to this season's expectations? AFC West champs? Deep playoff run? Let down year?

Deep playoff run or bust with this roster.

So we'll probably go 7-9 ��

Discuss Thrower
07-19-2016, 11:47 PM

There is no consensus. About half of the posters think this team is the greatest since 1969 and the others know not to disagree because they'll be flamed at best or banned at worst.

BlackOp
07-20-2016, 12:15 AM

They were the highest scoring AFC road team....that is an important stat. They will make the play-offs.

Injuries/schedule will dictate everything....with every team. It's luck and officiating...profit plays a big, big part in this...unfortunately.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
07-20-2016, 01:24 AM
With this schedule I think it's a good opportunity we start the season a little short handed so that our inexperienced crew get in the mix. Come November, I expect us to be going full speed.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
07-20-2016, 01:27 AM
Deep playoff run or bust with this roster.

So we'll probably go 7-9 ��

Only if Alex gets hurt do I see this happening. But even then I would say bray or murray could take us to 8 wins with how much talent at RB we have

Rausch
07-20-2016, 02:28 AM
With this schedule I think it's a good opportunity we start the season a little short handed so that our inexperienced crew get in the mix. Come November, I expect us to be going full speed.

Houston won't be on the field for a good while. We have some solid 2nd year players (last year was our best draft IMHO) that should contribute heavily.

WR, CB, a healthy Morse, and if even ONE of our rookies is able to contribute this year we're a step ahead.

O line got a huge upgrade at RT and our overall health can't be worse.

Our skill positions are good enough. Our QB is good enough. Our defense should still be top 5 (top 10 at worst.)

We just need to stay healthy...

Pasta Little Brioni
07-20-2016, 03:50 AM
You sure?

Predicting a team to finish between 7-9 and 11-5 is suuuuure going out on a ledge ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
07-20-2016, 03:50 AM
Uh uh da Chefs will finish between 8 and 12 wins this year. Can u get a vegas bet on dat???

Rausch
07-20-2016, 04:58 AM
Uh uh da Chefs will finish between 8 and 12 wins this year. Can u get a vegas bet on dat???

Yes, you can...

DaneMcCloud
07-20-2016, 09:48 AM
If the team stays relatively healthy, 14-2.

If they lose key players to injury, 10-6.

tx4chiefs
07-20-2016, 09:51 AM
IMO we should win the division this year and win at least another playoff game, maybe even two.

I sure hope so.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-20-2016, 06:05 PM

14-2 would be crazy lol.

I know it's not best to look at the schedule because that never goes according to planned. Injuries, some teams surprise, some fall on their face. But if you do just look at the schedule, wow, 14-2 isn't really crazy to think about if we stay healthy.

OnTheWarpath15
07-20-2016, 06:11 PM

This got me thinking...

Vegas has the line for KC wins around 8.5-9.

I'd love to see data regarding how close Vegas predictions pre-season are to the actual result.

kcxiv
07-20-2016, 08:47 PM
should have put adam tiecher in the title so i know not to click it and read it. Didnt know it was him until after a read an article about nothing really.

Mr. Laz
07-20-2016, 09:09 PM
This got me thinking...

I'd love to see data regarding how close Vegas predictions pre-season are to the actual result.
Vegas lines mean almost nothing in terms of real predictions.

They are setting a betting line design to get people to bet and so the house will win the %.

Discuss Thrower
07-20-2016, 09:15 PM
This got me thinking...

Pretty sure it was off by 1.5 - 2 on the over last year, push or .5 above the over the year before that, 3.5 - 4 above the over the year before that and something like 5.5 below the under the year before that.

That's entirely guessing from vague memory.

EDIT: Oddshark listed '15 Chiefs at 8.5 on the O/U, a Cowboys blog cited Bovada's KC at 8.0 in Sept. '14 and 7.5 for Sept.'13

EDIT2: BusinessInsider quoted the '12 Chiefs at 8.0 in May.

Hammock Parties
07-21-2016, 01:37 PM
Super Bowl or bust.

Discuss Thrower
07-21-2016, 01:39 PM
Super Bowl or bust.

That's incredibly optimistic.

Really, anything more than counting on 10 wins is optimistic. Harder schedule, lots of questions on defense and the receiving game is a two man show with Maclin and Kelce which isn't any different than last year.

staylor26
07-21-2016, 01:50 PM

Really, anything more than counting on 10 wins is optimistic. Harder schedule, lots of questions on defense and the receiving game is a two man show with Maclin and Kelce which isn't any different than last year.

No. Incredibly optimistic would be to say "Maybe one day Discuss will actually get a ****ing clue."

RunKC
07-21-2016, 02:19 PM
2/3 at home to start the season
Bye week before going to Oakland
Back-to-back road games only once in consecutive weeks
3 of the last 4 games at home

That's a damn favorable schedule for us if I've ever seen one

Halfcan
07-21-2016, 02:27 PM
If Andy can't get it done in the next 3 years with this talented team-its time for him to retire. Same goes for Alex!

Bump
07-21-2016, 02:30 PM
I'm pretty optimistic this year. The question marks are at CB and WR2, someone has to step up big time. But I love this coaching staff, we haven't had a losing season yet with them and one of the things Superbowl teams do is that they make the playoffs just about every single season and the odds go up the more chances they get at it, if that makes any sense. We are consistently winning, Alex Smith has turned out to be a very solid QB for us and that new RT should make a big difference for our line. Plus this is Poe's contract year so he's gonna want to step it up more and some of the rookies are exciting.

O.city
07-21-2016, 02:37 PM

The defense is worrisome

O.city
07-21-2016, 03:13 PM
If Houston isn't 100 percent, Hali continues his downside we could have alot of problems rushing the passer. Paired with a young inexperienced secondary, thay could get ugly

staylor26
07-21-2016, 03:39 PM
If Houston isn't 100 percent, Hali continues his downside we could have alot of problems rushing the passer. Paired with a young inexperienced secondary, thay could get ugly

What if Dee Ford takes the next step? What if Gaines stays healthy and picks up where he left off as an ascending player? What if Nelson finally gives us stability at the nickel spot? What if Chris Jones gives us another interior pass rusher? What is Berry and Poe have career years in their contract seasons? What if Justin March gives us another ILB that can cover next to DJ?

If you're going to play the "if" game, you have to consider everything.

You're completely overrating the "young inexperienced secondary" thing. No rookies will likely even be starting, and besides this is a team that's had rookie/young corners play well in the past (Peters, Gaines, Cooper). Not to mention our secondary coaching is phenomenal.

O.city
07-21-2016, 03:48 PM
What if Dee Ford takes the next step? What if Gaines stays healthy and picks up where he left off as an ascending player? What if Nelson finally gives us stability at the nickel spot? What if Chris Jones gives us another interior pass rusher? What is Berry and Poe have career years in their contract seasons? What if Justin March gives us another ILB that can cover next to DJ?

If you're going to play the "if" game, you have to consider everything.

You're completely overrating the "young inexperienced secondary" thing. No rookies will likely even be starting, and besides this is a team that's had rookie/young corners play well in the past (Peters, Gaines, Cooper). Not to mention our secondary coaching is phenomenal.

They're going to be starting a nickel corner who's taken 20 snaps total in his career, a 3rd year corner who's missed 50 percent of his career, and a sophomore corner in peters.

That's not counting the rookies and that's not much experience.

I'd say it's pretty much a given that Hali Co to use to decline. Age stops for no one. Maybe he pushes back a year, but the defense has alot of question marks however we want to spin it.

staylor26
07-21-2016, 03:55 PM
They're going to be starting a nickel corner who's taken 20 snaps total in his career, a 3rd year corner who's missed 50 percent of his career, and a sophomore corner in peters.

That's not counting the rookies and that's not much experience.

I'd say it's pretty much a given that Hali Co to use to decline. Age stops for no one. Maybe he pushes back a year, but the defense has alot of question marks however we want to spin it.

Again, Gaines and Peters have both played extremely well in the past, I do not understand why inexperience would be a concern at this point. They're as experienced as they've ever ****ing been. It's absurd.

Nelson might've not gotten the real game snaps, but he got a ton of work with the scout team. It's not like he was just sitting on he sidelines not working on his craft. He's been working and being coached for a year.

It is not that tough mentally to play corner in this defense, as Reid and Al have said themselves. We play more man coverage than anybody in the NFL. In Nelson's case it was more about learning a new position. That's why he was essentially redshirted, and has come back with a vengeance so far in mini camp/OTA's.

Also, it is just as likely that whatever we lose in Hali we gain in Ford as he continues his development. Even if Hali continues to decline, being healthy early on in this season should be enough to keep him effective while/if we are waiting for Houston to return.

It's also been argued at nauseam, but it's clearly more likely than not that we get Houston back somewhere in first few weeks. Recent history suggest he could just as easily be out there week 1.

staylor26
07-21-2016, 04:07 PM
Sean Smith is the only good veteran corner this teams had in three years. I'll take talent over experience all day.

Peters, Gaines, Nelson, Russell, and White are the most talented group of corners we've had in quite some time. No Dunta Robinson, Jamell Flemming, Marcus Cooper, or Chris Owens here. They might get beat and have a mental lapse here and there, but they will never be completely overmatched like those guys. Not with Al Harris and Emmit Thomas coaching them up.

Sandy Vagina
07-21-2016, 04:07 PM
If Andy can't get it done in the next 3 years with this talented team-its time for him to retire. Same goes for Alex!

Oh, it will happen, but the top players have to somehow stay healthy when needed most. This is what has been the true season killers.

Ming the Merciless
07-21-2016, 04:25 PM
There is no consensus. About half of the posters think this team is the greatest since 1969 and the others know not to disagree because they'll be flamed at best or banned at worst.

this

Chief Roundup
07-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Super Bowl or bust.

Typical stupid post from you Clay.
It would be successful season if we win the division and get two playoff wins. There is a chance that we can make it to the AFCCG with those same two wins and beyond.

RunKC
07-21-2016, 04:27 PM

I think Tamba can still be a good pass rusher for the first 2 or 3 months. He had 6.5 sacks up until the end of November and then he just fell off.

We need Ford to do something this year for sure. No more development from him. Sink or swim.

I agree with O.City here. The Chiefs have been completely ****ed when they've had injury problems at OLB. 2013 problems and no pressure on Brady last year.
If the pass rush struggles week 1, we could lose to Rivers in the opener.

Ming the Merciless
07-21-2016, 04:29 PM
Typical stupid post from you Clay.
It would be successful season if we win the division and get two playoff wins.

Of course it would....that would be a step forward.

No one seriously would argue winning 2 playoff games would be a failure of a season for this team...

Easy 6
07-21-2016, 04:32 PM
this

Thats not true and you know it, the only people being banned are the ones that

Just.

Cant.

Stop.

There isnt a damn thing wrong with pointing out flaws or potential weaknesses and discussing them in-depth, but you know how some people were acting... it was sheer, unrelenting trollery in

Every.

Single.

Thread.

And I say that as someone who, for some strange reason, kinda likes some of the usual suspects and found it perfectly easy enough to just scroll right past them when I didnt wanna hear their next diatribe

But at the same time, our Council of Elders decided that sometimes enough is enough... and I can respect that decision

BossChief
07-21-2016, 04:47 PM
It's hard to say how KC is gonna do in the next 3 years.

We don't know if Houston will be the same.
We don't know if Berry will stick around and if he doesn't how that effects Houston. They are best friends.
We don't know if Dee Ford will step his game up
We don't know if any of our ILBs with potential will step up and DJ is gonna hit a wall.
We don't know how any of these young corners across from Peters are gonna do.
We don't know if Alex Smith is maxed out
We don't know if Conley/Wilson are going to step up

I could go on for hours.

Ming the Merciless
07-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Thats not true and you know it, ....

And I say that as someone who, for some strange reason, kinda likes some of the usual suspects and found it perfectly easy enough to just scroll right past them when I didnt wanna hear their next diatribe

But at the same time, our Council of Elders decided that sometimes enough is enough... and I can respect that decision

This is contradictory.

I dont respect banning people for 'trolling' exactly and precisely BECAUSE it is very easy to ignore and scroll past them.

I also think ...actually I KNOW that one person can view a post as trolling and another as humor or not trolling....there are people who I feel are comeplete trolls and douches that others wouldnt. So when people get banned its ALWAYS personal and arbitrary.

What I respect is everyone's right to decide for themselves and scroll, like you find it easy to do. You find it easy because it IS easy. Only a moron 'cuck' imbecile with a micropenis would find it difficult to not care what someone said...on the internet....about football....

Sandy Vagina
07-21-2016, 05:42 PM
Only a moron 'cuck' imbecile with a micropenis would find it difficult to not care what someone said...on the internet....about football....

So this is what you are, since you created a thread about "leaving CP forever! boo hoo!" ... okay then.

Chief Roundup
07-21-2016, 05:45 PM
It's hard to say how KC is gonna do in the next 3 years.

We don't know if Houston will be the same.
We don't know if Berry will stick around and if he doesn't how that effects Houston. They are best friends.
We don't know if Dee Ford will step his game up
We don't know if any of our ILBs with potential will step up and DJ is gonna hit a wall.
We don't know how any of these young corners across from Peters are gonna do.
We don't know if Alex Smith is maxed out
We don't know if Conley/Wilson are going to step up

I could go on for hours.
There definitely are lots of question marks in the near future. This team still has work to be done in lots of areas over the next couple of years to continue to be in effective in the post season.

Easy 6
07-21-2016, 06:43 PM
This is contradictory.

I dont respect banning people for 'trolling' exactly and precisely BECAUSE it is very easy to ignore and scroll past them.

I also think ...actually I KNOW that one person can view a post as trolling and another as humor or not trolling....there are people who I feel are comeplete trolls and douches that others wouldnt. So when people get banned its ALWAYS personal and arbitrary.

What I respect is everyone's right to decide for themselves and scroll, like you find it easy to do. You find it easy because it IS easy. Only a moron 'cuck' imbecile with a micropenis would find it difficult to not care what someone said...on the internet....about football....

The Council of Elders has Spoken... Obey

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Predicting the next three years isn't just folly, it's outright dumb.

There are a myriad of things that could either go right or wrong for the Chiefs, not to mention their division rivals.

It's an exercise in futility.