PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs injury issues and question marks heading to camp

Chief Roundup
07-23-2016, 01:35 PM
http://pro32.ap.org/article/chiefs-head-camp-injuries-other-question-marks?nc=1469289149099

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Chiefs might want to have Dr. James Andrews on speed dial.

Or better yet, fly him into training camp.

When the Chiefs begin their run-up to the regular season on the campus of Missouri Western the last week of July, they will do so with the biggest question marks involving the knees of some key players: running back Jamaal Charles, pass rusher Tamba Hali and star outside linebacker Justin Houston.

Charles had surgery on his right ACL early last season, Hali had a procedure to clean out his knees and Houston had surgery on his left ACL — performed by Andrews, the renowned orthopedic surgeon — in February.

How the three of them fare this season could be the difference between success and failure.

"The important thing with them," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said, "is you don't rush it."

So Charles will be treated with velvet gloves during training camp, even though he participated in some of the offseason minicamps. Hali will also see limited reps. Houston is unlikely to practice until well into the regular season, though the Chiefs are optimistic he will make it onto the field at some point.

"He's where he needs to be right now," Reid said. "He's a hard worker, so he's bound and determined to get back. I've told you before, when you're around him, you have this optimism. I feel optimistic that he is going to be back in a short period of time, but in reality, it's going to take a little bit."

There are plenty of other pressing issues facing Kansas City this fall. Here are some of them:

RUNNING BACK COMMITTEE: The Chiefs survived without Charles last season thanks to the tandem of Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West. Knile Davis is still on the roster, too. So one of the big questions facing Kansas City is whether there will be enough opportunities to go around.

"There's competition, but it's not competition individually," Ware said. "It's reflectively as a group, saying, 'Let's do our job and let's score touchdowns.'"

STAFF TURNOVER: Offensive coordinator Doug Pederson departed in the offseason to become head coach in Philadelphia, and Reid turned to a pair of trusted lieutenants to fill his role. Matt Nagy was promoted from quarterbacks coach to co-offensive coordinator and will be the voice in the helmet of quarterback Alex Smith, while Brad Childress became the other co-offensive coordinator after working on special projects.

"Matt's got a great mind, and obviously Andy's got a fertile mind," said Childress, who spent time with Reid in Philadelphia before a stint as Vikings head coach. "I'll be able to add to that."

BACKING UP ALEX: Chase Daniel was so dependable as the backup quarterback the past few years that he signed a big contract to do the same thing in Philadelphia. That leaves an opening for long-time scout squad member Tyler Bray, developmental QB Aaron Murray and rookie Kevin Hogan to earn an important job.

The Chiefs could also sign a veteran backup once cuts begin happening this fall, but the coaching staff sounds as if the trio will ultimately spit out Smith's understudy.

"We have a long way to go," said Murray, who enters camp at the head of the line. "This is what football is all about. It's about competition against other teams and your team, and that's what makes everyone better."

ROOKIE ROLES: The Chiefs stockpiled picks in the draft and now begin to see what they landed, starting with second-rounder Chris Jones, a defensive tackle who should slide into the rotation immediately.

The bigger questions lie in the defensive backfield and on special teams.

Third-round pick KeiVarae Russell, fourth-round choice Eric Murray and seventh-round selection D.J. White are all joining the cornerback fray, while speedy Tyreek Hill could emerge as the punt and kick returner.

WIDE RECEIVER: The seemingly ever-present question mark in Kansas City is: Who will catch passes this season? Jeremy Maclin gives the Chiefs a solid No. 1, but they've been searching for depth ever since Reid's arrival. They took fliers on Rod Streater and Mike Williams in free agency, drafted Hill and Demarcus Robinson, and still hope that Chris Conley and Albert Wilson can develop into go-to targets.

"They're kind of growing up before our eyes here," Reid said, "which is fun to watch."

So much for those that were saying that they thought Houston would mostly likely play or wouldn't be surprised if he played week 1. This makes it sound like it may be several weeks into the season before Houston even is able to practice let alone play in a game. Should we put him on PUP?????

staylor26
07-23-2016, 01:45 PM
That is obviously pure speculation from the author based on the previous reports. Nothing about Reid's comments says that.

Chief Roundup
07-23-2016, 01:47 PM
Everything is speculation to a certain degree.
I think Reids comment of "I feel optimistic that he is going to be back in a short period of time, but in reality, it's going to take a little bit." is telling that he is not going to be available as early as we had all hoped.

Bowser
07-23-2016, 01:48 PM
Reading that makes it sound like Houston is definitely headed towards PUP. Sucks, but I don't think this really comes as a shock to anyone.

With Houston on the shelf, pressure grows on our young secondary. I love Tamba, but man he's getting old and beat up, and without steady, constant pressure from our pass rushers, those kids are going to have a trial by fire back there. Hope they're up for it.

I'm really feeling good about our receivers this year. I think Streater might be just what we need opposite of Maclin, and I have high hopes for Robinson. If those guys produce early and often, I wouldn't be shocked to see Albert Wilson in the last group of cuts.

I'm intrigued by Nagy and Childress OC'ing (even though this is Andy's show) and what they provide differently than what Pederson did (if he provided much at all in the first place). It annoys me that they have such a complicated way of doing things when it comes to getting plays to Alex, though. Too many cooks stirring the pot.

Overall, I'm feeling a bit more anticipation this year than I have for some time.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2016, 01:51 PM
There's no new information in this article. It's based on quotes from OTA's and minicamps.

Click bait.

staylor26
07-23-2016, 01:53 PM
Everything is speculation to a certain degree.
I think Reids comment of "I feel optimistic that he is going to be back in a short period of time, but in reality, it's going to take a little bit." is telling that he is not going to be available as early as we had all hoped.

That can be interpreted in many ways ("a little bit"). He said this back in camp/OTA's FYI. He still said he feels optimistic he will be back in a "short period of time". Well into the regular season isn't a short period of time in today's NFL with ACL tears.

Everybody was assuming the same exact shit about Poe and Berry this time last year. Chill out.

Chief Roundup
I don't recall seeing or hearing the bolded parts during OTAs or mini camps.

Bowser
There's no new information in this article. It's based on quotes from OTA's and minicamps.

Click bait.

You're not allowed to piss all over my barely contained enthusiasm for this season, McCloud. Even if the article was click bait tripe.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU
http://i.imgur.com/K5WMi8u.gif

staylor26
07-23-2016, 01:55 PM

100%

Pay closer attention next time.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2016, 01:55 PM

Every one of these quotes are from OTA's and minicamps.

Don't you think that if Andy Reid had a press conference where he discussed the upcoming training camp that it would be on KCChiefs.com or the Star's website? Available audio?

It's rehashed. That's it.

Chief Roundup
07-23-2016, 01:56 PM
That can be interpreted in many ways ("a little bit"). He said this back in camp/OTA's FYI. He still said he feels optimistic he will be back in a "short period of time". Well into the regular season isn't a short period of time in today's NFL.

Everybody was assuming the same exact shit about Poe and Berry this time last year. Chill out.

Why is that always your response to someone posting an article that shows there might be a chance that something doesn't work out the way we all hope that it will?
I am not upset or worried about it, it is just football. I am wondering if it is actually you that is overly worried and cannot handle the idea of him not being back week 1 or very early in the season.

Chief Roundup
07-23-2016, 01:58 PM
100%

Pay closer attention next time.

Every one of these quotes are from OTA's and minicamps.

Don't you think that if Andy Reid had a press conference where he discussed the upcoming training camp that it would be on KCChiefs.com or the Star's website? Available audio?

It's rehashed. That's it.

Ok.....Must have missed it in one of the "mega" threads then. :shrug:

staylor26
07-23-2016, 01:58 PM
Why is that always your response to someone posting an article that shows there might be a chance that something doesn't work out the way we all hope that it will?
I am not upset or worried about it, it is just football. I am wondering if it is actually you that is overly worried and cannot handle the idea of him not being back week 1 or very early in the season.

Shut the fuck up and take your L.

New World Order
07-23-2016, 02:37 PM
Reading about Houston's knee injury and Reid's optimism about his return makes me feel like it's December all over again.

milkman
07-23-2016, 03:01 PM
I think some are being a bit over optimistic about the timeline for Houston's return.

Adrian Peterson returned just under 9 months after his surgery.

If Houston returned for game 1, that would only be 7 months.

Just don't think that's gonna happen.

Week 5 at best.

planetdoc
07-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Analyzing the Chiefs’ training camp roster by position (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article91429237.html)

The Chiefs have 90 players on their roster for training camp, which starts July 26 when rookies and quarterbacks report to Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph.

Camp, however, really gets going with the first full-squad workout July 30, and the roster will shrink to 53 before the season opener Sept. 11 against the San Diego Chargers at Arrowhead Stadium.

Here’s a breakdown of the camp roster by position, with analysis.

*denotes projected starter

Quarterbacks (4)
No. Player Ht. Wt. Age Ex. College
7 Aaron Murray 6-1 207 25 3 Georgia
8 Kevin Hogan 6-3 218 23 R Stanford
9 Tyler Bray 6-6 215 24 4 Tennessee
11 Alex Smith* 6-4 217 32 12 Utah

Analysis: Smith is coming off a career year in which he silenced many critics and emerged as a playmaker by using his superb scrambling ability. He developed a tremendous chemistry with Maclin that allowed him to make more risky throws, but he needs to build that same trust with his other receivers to fully shed the “game manager” label. The backup quarterback competition will be very competitive. Bray and Murray need to perform better than they did in organized team activities. Bray boasts a big arm but must continue to master the mental side of the position. Murray spent a week in OTAs as the No. 2 quarterback before ceding the job back to Bray. He’s a smart player who must be more accurate and needs a good camp. Hogan, meanwhile, surprised OTA observers with his anticipation and accuracy. His status as a rookie will likely keep him from winning the backup job, but he has experience with the complicated verbiage in Chiefs coach Andy Reid’s offense and has the look of a player who is worth developing long-term.

Running backs (5)
25 Jamaal Charles* 5-11 199 29 9 Texas
30 Darrin Reaves 5-10 215 23 2 UAB
32 Spencer Ware 5-10 229 24 4 LSU
34 Knile Davis 5-10 227 24 4 Arkansas
35 Charcandrick West 5-10 205 25 3 Abilene Christian

Analysis: Charles is an elite talent who looked as quick as ever before his season-ending ACL injury and is the best, most complete, back on the roster when healthy. The Chiefs don’t have to rush him back because of the presence of Ware and West. Ware, a punishing downhill runner who is at his best on inside runs, is also a good blocker who caught lots of passes in OTAs and could easily share the field with West or Charles. West is a capable runner who has some wiggle and good receiving ability. He compliments Ware very well but could also share the field with Charles. Davis, a third-round pick in 2013, could be the odd man out. He is a very good kick returner with great size and top-end speed, and he has improved hands, but his penchant for fumbling has hurt his bid for more playing time. Keep an eye on Reaves, a versatile back with quickness and receiving ability who looked good in OTAs and has the look of an interesting developmental option.

Fullbacks (2)
40 Trey Millard 6-2 247 24 2 Oklahoma
42 Anthony Sherman* 5-10 242 27 6 Connecticut

Analysis: Sherman is a hard-nosed, throwback type who saw his offensive playing time dip a tad in 2015. Remains a tone-setter as a worker and special-teamer. Millard has lots of good traits for a fullback — can run a bit, block and catch — but Sherman has a stranglehold on the job.

Wide receivers (13)
4 Da’Ron Brown 6-0 199 24 1 Northern Illinois
6 Seantavius Jones 6-3 200 23 1 Valdosta State
10 Rod Streater 6-2 195 28 3 Temple
12 Albert Wilson* 5-9 200 24 3 Georgia State
13 De’Anthony Thomas 5-8 176 23 3 Oregon
14 Demarcus Robinson 6-1 203 21 R Florida
15 Mike Williams 6-2 212 29 6 Syracuse
17 Chris Conley 6-3 205 23 2 Georgia
19 Jeremy Maclin* 6-0 198 28 8 Missouri
81 Tyreek Hill 5-10 185 22 R West Alabama
83 Mitch Mathews 6-5 222 25 R BYU
85 Frankie Hammond 6-1 184 26 3 Florida
89 Kashif Moore 5-9 180 27 1 Connecticut

Analysis: This group is led by Maclin, who lived up to the five-year, $55 million contract he received last year. Wilson, the Chiefs’ No. 2 receiver a year ago, earned more work in the slot during OTAs and is very good with the ball in his hands but is still refining his awareness. Conley has the look of an outside receiver, as he boasts tremendous size and athleticism and has shown steady improvement. But he, like Wilson, must be more consistent catching the ball. If either falters, Streeter — a free-agent signee on a prove-it deal who is motivated after a rough few years in Oakland — could get the call. He has good size and toughness and can work as a slot or outside receiver. Robinson is a gifted fourth-round receiver with strong ball skills, but he must learn the intricacies of the offense to be a contributor this year. Hill, a fifth-round pick, was electric in OTAs and could carve out an offensive role if he keeps it up. That could leave Thomas, a diminutive player with speed who must prove he can be relied upon after an up-and-down 2015 season, in a tough spot. Williams missed all of OTAs because of a hamstring injury but has been productive and could be an sleeper candidate. It’s also make-or-break time for Hammond. Brown, Jones and Mathews could be fighting for practice-squad spots.

Tight ends (5)
80 James O’Shaughnessy 6-4 245 24 2 Illinois State
82 Brian Parker 6-4 265 24 2 Albany
84 Demetrius Harris 6-7 230 24 3 Wisconsin-Milwaukee
87 Travis Kelce* 6-5 260 26 4 Cincinnati
88 Ross Travis 6-7 235 23 1 Penn State

Analysis: Kelce had a breakout 2015 season, earning his first Pro Bowl nod, and he could be primed for even better things this year. He still has some work to do to become a complete tight end — his run blocking needs to improve — but he’s easily one of the best receiving threats in the league. Who plays behind him will be interesting. The Chiefs saw enough in Harris, an athletic basketball convert, to give him an extension last fall, but he’ll have to hold off O’Shaughnessy — a fifth-round pick in 2015 who missed several games because of a foot injury — and Travis, another former basketball player who flashed throughout OTAs. Parker, meanwhile, has some upside, particularly as a blocker.

Tackles (6)
62 Curtis Feigt 6-7 314 26 0 West Virginia
69 Reid Fragel 6-8 308 25 1 Ohio State
71 Mitchell Schwartz* 6-5 320 27 5 California
72 Eric Fisher* 6-7 315 25 4 Central Michigan
74 Zach Sterup 6-9 318 24 R Nebraska
75 Jah Reid 6-7 325 28 6 Central Florida

Analysis: Fisher gained more confidence and started playing with more aggressiveness last season. If he’s ever going to take the next step, this is the year. He needs to work on his technique in pass protection but he has the size and feet to be a very good left tackle. The Chiefs will also need to make a decision on his contract for 2017, so he’ll also be motivated. The starting right tackle is Schwartz, who was the Chiefs’ biggest offseason acquisition. He is steady, reliable and elite at what he does. Reid figured to work into the mix as a swing tackle or possible starter at guard, but it will be interesting to see who plays left tackle if Fisher gets hurt at some point.

Guards (6)
60 Jarrod Pughsley 6-4 310 25 1 Akron
65 Garrick Mayweather 6-2 319 21 R Fordham
73 Zach Fulton 6-5 316 24 3 Tennessee
76 Laurent Duvernay-Tardif* 6-5 321 25 3 McGill
77 Jordan Devey 6-6 320 28 3 Memphis
79 Parker Ehinger* 6-6 310 23 R Cincinnati

Analysis: There will be competition at guard over the next few months. Duvernay-Tardif returns as the presumptive starter at right guard; he’s raw and still learning the game but he boasts good size, smarts and athleticism. Ehinger is a good technician who needs to get a bit stronger, but the staff liked him enough to bump him ahead of Fulton with the first team at left guard during OTAs. Fulton and Reid, who looked good in his snaps at guard last season, could factor into the mix if either presumptive starter disappoints. Also keep an eye on Pughsley, who had good enough feet to play some tackle the past two years.

Centers (3)
61 Mitch Morse* 6-6 305 24 2 Missouri
68 Drew Nowak 6-3 292 26 3 Western Michigan
77 Daniel Munyer 6-1 305 24 1 Colorado

Analysis: Morse, a second-round pick a year ago, is back and ready to build on a very solid rookie season. He’s smart, tough and athletic, and has a very bright future. He’s even gotten stronger this year. He just needs to stay healthy; he had two concussions last season. Nowak started seven games with the Seahawks last year before losing his job, but he offers an experienced option. But Fulton — who started three games at center last season — could be the best backup option for Morse. His skillset fits the position well.

Defensive ends (7)
93 David King 6-4 281 26 2 Oklahoma
94 Jimmy Staten 6-3 311 25 1 Middle Tennessee
95 Niko Davis 6-5 285 26 1 Liberty
96 Jaye Howard* 6-3 301 27 5 Florida
97 Allen Bailey* 6-3 288 27 6 Miami (Fla.)
98 Nick Williams 6-4 309 26 3 Samford
99 Rakeem Nunez-Roches 6-2 307 23 2 Southern Miss

Analysis: The Chiefs boast one of the best pairs of 3-4 defensive ends in Bailey and Howard, who both offer some pass-rush ability and are in the middle of their primes. The offseason return of Howard was a pleasant surprise, seeing as how he seemed prime to get a big offer on the free-agent market, but he signed a two-year deal that will allow him hit free agency again when he’s 29 and potentially get one last payday. Williams, who is built like a classic 3-4 end, was a rotational player a year ago and could take on a bigger role thanks to the retirement of Mike DeVito. Nunez-Roches, a sixth-round pick a year ago, is a gap-shooter who could also help out on passing downs.

Nose tackles (3)
No. Player Ht. Wt. Age Years College
79 Alameda Ta’amu 6-3 348 25 3 Washington
92 Dontari Poe* 6-3 346 25 5 Memphis
95 Chris Jones 6-6 308 22 R Mississippi State

Analysis: Poe dealt with some back issues that kept him out of training camp last year, but he played the entire season. He now says he feels great, and he will need to — he’s entering a contract season and is in line for a significant raise with another nice year. The Chiefs selection of Jones with their first pick adds depth to their interior defensive line and provides a contingency plan if they can’t afford to keep Poe. Jones is a great athlete with good power and a terrific frame. He can potentially play every interior position. Ta’amu is a space eater in the true nose-guard mold.

Outside linebackers (8)
46 Jonathan Massaquoi 6-2 264 28 4 Troy
50 Justin Houston* 6-3 258 27 6 Georgia
51 Frank Zombo 6-3 254 29 7 Central Michigan
52 Dadi Nicolas 6-3 235 23 R Virginia Tech
54 Dezman Moses 6-2 249 27 5 Tulane
55 Dee Ford 6-2 252 25 3 Auburn
62 Andy Mulumba 6-3 260 26 3 Eastern Michigan
91 Tamba Hali* 6-3 275 32 11 Penn State

Analysis: Houston is terrific when healthy while Hali still has some juice at age 32. But both have dealt with knee issues the last few years, so it’s on Ford — a first-round pick in 2014 — to step up and become the player the Chiefs drafted him to be. If he doesn’t become a more consistent pass-rush threat, veterans Moses and Zombo will have to provide quality pass-rush reps. Nicolas, a sixth-rounder this year, has some natural pass rush skills and athleticism, but is making the conversion from a 4-3 end to a 3-4 outside linebacker and might need some time to learn.

Inside linebackers (7)
52 Tyrell Adams 6-2 228 24 1 West Georgia
53 Ramik Wilson 6-2 237 23 2 Georgia
56 Derrick Johnson* 6-3 242 33 12 Texas
57 D.J. Alexander 6-2 233 24 2 Oregon State
59 Justin March 6-0 222 23 2 Akron
62 Terrance Smith 6-2 235 23 R Florida State
90 Josh Mauga* 6-1 245 29 7 Nevada

Analysis: Johnson turns 34 years old in November but he’s shown no signs of slowing down. A lighter, trimmer Johnson was fantastic in 2015 after missing practically all of the previous season because of an Achilles injury. He’ll like be joined on the inside by Mauga, a steady-but-unspectacular player who has earned defensive coordinator Bob Sutton’s trust. The Chiefs have some promising youngsters including 2015 fourth-round pick Ramik Wilson, 2015 fifth-round pick D.J. Alexander and 2015 undrafted free agent Justin March. March missed all of last season because of a meniscus injury but has consistently shown great coverage skills and could carve out a role. Wilson saw some defensive snaps last year as Mauga’s primary backup while the athletic Alexander proved to be a good special-teamer. Both need to take a step forward to hold off March and challenge Mauga for a starting job.

Cornerbacks (12)
No. Player Ht. Wt. Age Years College
1 Deveron Carr 5-11 194 25 2 Arizona State
20 Steven Nelson 5-11 194 23 2 Oregon State
21 Eric Murray 5-11 199 22 R Minnesota
22 Marcus Peters* 6-0 197 23 2 Washington
23 Phillip Gaines* 6-0 193 25 3 Rice
24 D.J. White 5-11 193 22 R Georgia Tech
26 KeiVarae Russell 5-11 196 22 R Notre Dame
31 Marcus Cooper 6-2 192 26 4 Rutgers
39 Shannon Edwards 5-10 194 22 R Fresno State
45 Tre Jones 5-10 194 21 R Mount Union
47 Shakiel Randolph 6-3 213 22 R SMU
48 Vernon Harris 6-1 197 22 R Dartmouth

Analysis: Peters will look to build on a dynamic rookie year, but it will be interesting to see whether teams test him much, especially with the uncertainty at the other corner spot caused by the offseason departure of Sean Smith. The odds-on favorite to win the position is Gaines, provided he has healed from a torn ACL sustained last September, but keep an eye on Nelson, a third-round pick a year ago who looked more confident in OTAs and was often around the ball. Cooper, meanwhile, is still looking to recapture his rookie form while the three drafted rookies — Russell, Murray and White — will have a fair shot to work their way into the mix.

Safeties (6)
27 Stevie Brown 5-11 215 29 5 Michigan
29 Eric Berry* 6-0 211 27 7 Tennessee
30 Jamell Fleming 5-11 206 27 5 Oklahoma
38 Ron Parker* 6-0 206 28 6 Newberry
43 Akeem Davis 6-1 200 26 3 Memphis
49 Daniel Sorensen 6-2 208 26 3 BYU

Analysis: Berry is a team leader who looked a tad more fluid last year after beating lymphoma but still does some of his best work around the line of scrimmage. He has not signed his franchise tender, however. Parker is a versatile defender who split time at safety and nickel corner last year and will be counted on to be a reliable, steady presence in the secondary. Brown, a hard hitter with an injury history, and Sorensen, a special-teamer with upside as a nickel linebacker, could also find their way onto the field. Fleming is a helpful special-teamer but he needs to flash at a new position after having a few bad moments at corner a year ago.

Specialists (3)
2 P Dustin Colquitt* 6-3 210 33 12 Tennessee
5 K Cairo Santos* 5-8 160 24 4 Tulane
41 LS James Winchester* 6-3 240 26 2 Oklahoma

Analysis: Santos is a fairly reliable field-goal option who improved his touchback percentage from 32 to 44 last season. Colquitt is coming off offseason knee surgery but remains one of the very best in the game. Winchester beat out Andrew East for the starting job last August and was solid, aside from a few blips late in the season.

Chief Roundup
07-23-2016, 03:18 PM
Shut the **** up and take your L.

Dude whatever I seen something that was reported today and shared it to create conversation.
What am I taking an L for and what the hell does that even mean?

RunKC
07-23-2016, 04:34 PM
I think some are being a bit over optimistic about the timeline for Houston's return.

Week 5 at best.

I agree here. The issue isn't about Houston's injury. The issue is if Dee Ford is gonna be make a difference out there or not.

Meatloaf
07-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Interesting squad assessment. Real good question about who would step in and LT if Fisher should get hurt. I guess Pughsley would be in play and maybe even Ehinger?

Also, I thought I had read that Cooper was being moved to safety; I think that'd be a very good position for him as he seemed to have most of his problems defending those little rub routes that Denver uses so often.

Interestingly, our depth at ILB looks better than the depth at OLB.......unless Ford finally steps up.

Apparently Hogan turned some heads in OTAs. Backup QB battle will be really interesting.

staylor26
07-23-2016, 05:15 PM

Week 5 at best.

I guess you missed Chris Harris and Von Miller coming back in the same time frame as Houston two years ago and playing week 1 (though Miller was a month earlier)?

RunKC
07-23-2016, 05:22 PM
I guess you missed Chris Harris and Von Miller coming back in the same time frame as Houston two years ago and playing week 1 (though Miller was a month earlier)?

Andy takes his time with concussions. He's not going to be a moron and rush Houston back to play a lot early, if at all.
He would play some third downs in the opener at best IMO.

planetdoc
07-23-2016, 05:58 PM
I think Murray gets cut. I also wouldnt be suprised if the chiefs cut Tyler Bray as well if they could pickup someone like Nick Foles with their tight cap situation or if Hogan beats him out.

I really could see the chiefs only carrying 2 QBs on their roster if it is Smith and Hogan. In an emergency they could always pickup whoever knows his system that isnt on a roster (Bray, Murray, Michael Vick, etc).

jspchief
07-24-2016, 08:48 AM

Click bait.
I wish people would stop discouraging Chiefs discussion.

kcchiefsus
07-24-2016, 10:46 AM

Week 5 at best.

Not to mention he probably won't be even close to the player he was before the injury.

Simply Red
07-24-2016, 10:54 AM

Week 5 at best.

he needs to quit being a pussy!

kcchiefsus
07-24-2016, 10:59 AM
he needs to quit being a pussy!

I wouldn't go that far. But it is a shame that after signing him to a massive contract he will likely have spent most of the first two years of the deal with minimal contributions to the team.

Chiefshrink
07-24-2016, 11:06 AM

Week 5 at best.

And then it will take him 3-4 weeks to get into "football shape". Here is to hoping Ford and Gaines and the other youngsters step their game up.;) And if they do step their game up there will be less pressure to rush Houston back into the lineup:thumb:

Chief Roundup
07-24-2016, 01:22 PM

Miller had his done in December, Harris had his done in January. Houstons was done mid February and it was the 2cd procedure that had to be done on that knee which restarted his recovery time frame.

staylor26
07-24-2016, 02:53 PM
Miller had his done in December, Harris had his done in January. Houstons was done mid February and it was the 2cd procedure that had to be done on that knee which restarted his recovery time frame.

:facepalm:

Wrong.

Miller had his in January and Harris had his in February. You could at least double check those facts before you try to correct me.

Also, when did Houston have another procedure? I don't remember that, but if he did, I know there was nothing said about it "restarting his recovery time". Sounds like speculation on your part to me.

He sure did look ahead of schedule when he shared that video of him after 7 ****ing weeks. How the hell did that "restart his recovery time" then?

Titty Meat
07-24-2016, 03:03 PM

Week 5 at best.

When did you become a DR?