PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brees to Broncos in 2017?

BlackOp
07-24-2016, 11:14 PM
The Saints haven't reached out to Brees to extended his contract..so he would be an unrestricted FA in 2017. That team is in the dumps...so I think a rebuild is on the way. He did lead the NFL in passing yards last season....

When Sanchez tanks and Lynch isn't quite ready....seems like an Elway type move...to buy another SB.

I really cant think of another franchise that would benefit...and throw money at a 38 year old QB. If they secure Sanders...it seems like it would make sense for a few years.

They arent paying shit for a QB right now...

staylor26
07-24-2016, 11:20 PM
They just drafted a QB in the 1st, and are not going to give up on him before they know what they have. Brees and the Saints will likely get a deal done or he will get the tag.

If he left, a team like the Jets would be a more likely destination IMO.

New World Order
07-24-2016, 11:21 PM
They just drafted a QB in the 1st, and are not going to givee up on him before they know what they have. Brees and the Saints will get a deal done or he will get the tag.

Meh, they had manning and drafted a qb in the second

BlackOp
07-24-2016, 11:22 PM

Yeah...I forgot about the Jets. They would make sense too...

He will want to go to a team that has potential, just missing a quality QB.

Brees is making $30 million this year...I cant remember how the franchise tag works but I think it cant result in a pay cut.

staylor26
07-24-2016, 11:23 PM
Meh, they had manning and drafted a qb in the second

Completely different situation (Manning was there first), and a 1st round QB that they aggressively traded up for is different from a 2nd rounder.

Backup QB's go in the 2nd, but not the 1st.

BlackOp
07-24-2016, 11:35 PM
Elway is GMing a team that has won the division for as long as he's been there. When they finish 3rd and miss the play-offs..we'll see how his bloated ego reacts.

It would be a short-term contract given his age...

Easy 6
07-25-2016, 12:00 AM
Dont put anything past Smellway

Selling out for a future HOF player has been a successful "team" building strategy so far

Buehler445
07-25-2016, 12:07 AM
Fuck everything donk forever and ever.

ClevelandBronco
07-25-2016, 12:10 AM
Some of you guys have far richer Broncos fantasies than most of us do.

BlackOp
07-25-2016, 12:48 AM
Some of you guys have far richer Broncos fantasies than most of us do.

Osweiler rode the bench for 3 years...it's not as far-fetched as you think.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-25-2016, 02:03 AM
After this year they won't be able to attract a guy like Brees

Coochie liquor
07-25-2016, 04:47 AM
He'd prob go to Buffalo.

ChiefAshhole1056
07-25-2016, 05:20 AM
I hope they do. Brees has always benefitted from playing indoors and has not fared well on the road. Put him in a cold environment like Denver and he's nowhere the threat his name would perceive him to be.

Mile High Mania
07-25-2016, 06:55 AM
I hope they do. Brees has always benefitted from playing indoors and has not fared well on the road. Put him in a cold environment like Denver and he's nowhere the threat his name would perceive him to be.

Looks like a 'cut/paste' and 'replace Manning with Brees' comment from several years ago.

Hell, anything could happen... but, I don't see it. Signing a QB like Brees at 38 is a little different than a Manning at 36, even with the injury.

Garcia Bronco
07-25-2016, 07:13 AM
They just drafted a QB in the 1st, and are not going to give up on him before they know what they have. Brees and the Saints will likely get a deal done or he will get the tag.

That's not a "give up". I think the Broncos were thinking Brees might be out there this season. Either way...if he's out there and the price is right, I no reason why the Broncos wouldn't consider the idea.

New World Order
07-25-2016, 08:39 AM

Dat pile high air tho

Simply Red
07-25-2016, 08:59 AM
Drew Brees can't even save them.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-25-2016, 09:01 AM
Drew Brees can't even save them.

Nope...they done. It's going to be so awesome seeing last years fluke wins flip in the other direction.

58-4ever
07-25-2016, 09:07 AM
Why wouldn't Brees just retire? Does he need the cash?

Pasta Little Brioni
07-25-2016, 09:14 AM
Why wouldn't Brees just retire? Does he need the cash?

Some of that under the table pile high cash could sway him

MIAdragon
07-25-2016, 10:15 AM
Did the MSM report this?!

BlackOp
07-25-2016, 10:27 AM
Did the MSM report this?!

No...just connecting potential dots/patterns. Horseface drafted a very raw QB for the future but the roster is built for now. He didn't plan on Osweiler leaving...and, as a result, has almost no cap invested in the position.

It would be a two year, Montana-esqe, rental.

Tombstone RJ
07-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Brees will retire a Saint. He's not playing for $ and he loves their their franchise too much to not work out a deal where he retires in New Orleans.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2016, 10:33 AM
After this year they won't be able to attract a guy like Brees

Since Elway's been a member of the Broncos, he's led the franchise to 5 Super Bowls as a player and 2 Super Bowls in 5 years as Executive VP of Football Operations/GM.

He'll be able to attract top tier free agents for as long as he's with the franchise.

BlackOp
07-25-2016, 11:17 AM
Brees will retire a Saint. He's not playing for $ and he loves their their franchise too much to not work out a deal where he retires in New Orleans.

That makes the most sense but wouldn't they've already extended him? Why risk him entering 2017 as an unrestricted FA and face a bidding war? Not playing for $$??...He's getting $30 million this season....common sense would say they would have restructured that massive hit... if the plans were to retain him.

Tombstone RJ
07-25-2016, 11:58 AM
That makes the most sense but wouldn't they've already extended him? Why risk him entering 2017 as an unrestricted FA and face a bidding war? Not playing for $$??...He's getting $30 million this season....common sense would say they would have restructured that massive hit... if the plans were to retain him.

Probably because he's gonna retire after this coming season? I'm guessing he wants to see where the team is at after his huge $30m payday (why mess with that?) and decide if he wants to play another season or two before he retires.

ClevelandBronco
07-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Nope...they done. It's going to be so awesome seeing last years fluke wins flip in the other direction.

Some of that under the table pile high cash could sway him

Make up your mind, dude. Were they fluke wins or did the Broncos buy them fair and square?

Mile High Mania
07-25-2016, 12:02 PM
I doubt he'd be cheap enough.

They made a bet on Lynch... paying Miller his contract, coupled with Lynch being cheap for the next 3-4 years is the bet they made. If it works, fantastic... if not, they start over.

They've had their 'SB or bust' era with Manning and it worked. Now, the gamble is on the young QB turning into a capable starter going into 2017 and beyond. I highly doubt they're expecting great things in 2016 - it's not a rebuilding, it's a retooling at that position and it will take some time.

I would be surprised if they decided to dump big money again on Brees and then start all over again two years from now. They'll ride this out and see what happens the next 2-3 seasons, that's my guess.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-25-2016, 12:04 PM
Make up your mind, dude. Were they fluke wins or did the Broncos buy them fair and square?

Bit of both duh...Buying Manning bought wins with the calls only he gets

New World Order
07-25-2016, 12:07 PM
Tell em PGM.

'WWE Theory'

Mile High Mania
07-25-2016, 12:14 PM
Bit of both duh...Buying Manning bought wins with the calls only he gets

Thankfully, that era is over and you girls can find something new to cry about.

Denver looks to be a run heavy team this year, which is fine.

I was looking at the rush attempts per game going back to the Tebow season, 2011.

Obviously, that season they ran the most - 34 attempts per game, finishing 1st in the NFL.

Last year, they finished 17th (25 per game)... which was a surprise when you look at year 1 Manning and they finished 9th with 30 per game.

Rush attempts per game:
2011 - 34
2012 - 30
2013 - 28
2014 - 27
2015 - 25

Denver will need to be in the 30-35 rush attempts per game again this year, and given they have CJ, Hillman and the rookie (Devontae Booker)... I don't know why they won't reach that feat.

Question is, can they be successful in piling up yards and chewing up clock. If they can do that with this defense, it won't be prolific - but it could result in wins.

Hell, with this offense - maybe they should bring back Tebow to run it. Honestly, I'd have more confidence in him than Sanchez.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-25-2016, 12:16 PM
That gimmick cheese mode no huddle is gone too

Mile High Mania
07-25-2016, 12:19 PM
That gimmick cheese mode no huddle is gone too

Again, good... now you can find a whole new whiner talk track. Maybe they'll throw in the random 'Omaha' just for your enjoyment.

New World Order
07-25-2016, 12:19 PM
Thankfully, that era is over and you girls can find something new to cry about.

Denver looks to be a run heavy team this year, which is fine.

I was looking at the rush attempts per game going back to the Tebow season, 2011.

Obviously, that season they ran the most - 34 attempts per game, finishing 1st in the NFL.

Last year, they finished 17th (25 per game)... which was a surprise when you look at year 1 Manning and they finished 9th with 30 per game.

Rush attempts per game:
2011 - 34
2012 - 30
2013 - 28
2014 - 27
2015 - 25

Denver will need to be in the 30-35 rush attempts per game again this year, and given they have CJ, Hillman and the rookie (Devontae Booker)... I don't know why they won't reach that feat.

Question is, can they be successful in piling up yards and chewing up clock. If they can do that with this defense, it won't be prolific - but it could result in wins.

Hell, with this offense - maybe they should bring back Tebow to run it. Honestly, I'd have more confidence in him than Sanchez.

It's all going to depend on what side Vince McMahon (Goodell) is on

New World Order
07-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Again, good... now you can find a whole new whiner talk track. Maybe they'll throw in the random 'Omaha' just for your enjoyment.

Manning stole that from Cassel

Pasta Little Brioni
07-25-2016, 12:21 PM

When those close games turn you will think back to my posts.

rtmike
07-25-2016, 12:24 PM
I doubt he'd be cheap enough.

They made a bet on Lynch... paying Miller his contract, coupled with Lynch being cheap for the next 3-4 years is the bet they made. If it works, fantastic... if not, they start over.

They've had their 'SB or bust' era with Manning and it worked. Now, the gamble is on the young QB turning into a capable starter going into 2017 and beyond. I highly doubt they're expecting great things in 2016 - it's not a rebuilding, it's a retooling at that position and it will take some time.

I would be surprised if they decided to dump big money again on Brees and then start all over again two years from now. They'll ride this out and see what happens the next 2-3 seasons, that's my guess.

So what's your take on Lynch?

Imo, I think the Chiefs are set at QB. Dorsey's done a good job of building competition at the position.
I mean who do the Chargers have behind Rivers? The same could be said for the rest of the back up QB's in the AFC W.
Pretty sure the Chiefs group has been together the longest.

Mile High Mania
07-25-2016, 12:31 PM
When those close games turn you will think back to my posts.

I doubt it. I'm in it for the long haul, always have been... I've seen ugly/lean years, not to the scale of you guys, but I'm prepared.

So what's your take on Lynch?

Imo, I think the Chiefs are set at QB. Dorsey's done a good job of building competition at the position.
I mean who do the Chargers have behind Rivers? The same could be said for the rest of the back up QB's in the AFC W.
Pretty sure the Chiefs group has been together the longest.

There are few teams positioned well at QB depth. As for Lynch, there's nothing to say at this point... it's too early.

ClevelandBronco
07-25-2016, 04:17 PM
Manning stole that from Cassel

Last year it looked like he stole damn near everything he did from Cassel.

New World Order
07-26-2016, 03:42 AM
Last year it looked like he stole damn near everything he did from Cassel.

LMAO

jspchief
07-26-2016, 04:51 PM
After this year they won't be able to attract afford a guy like Brees
Fixed

BWillie
07-26-2016, 05:04 PM
Denver. Where old QBs go to die.

BWillie
07-26-2016, 05:04 PM
Peyton Manning was the WORST QB last year. Won the superbowl anyway.