PDA

View Full Version : Life How Can You Laugh When You Know I'm Down- Chapt 2

gblowfish
07-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Two weeks ago today I had eye surgery. Yesterday went to the doc and he says so far so good. I should regain sight in my left eye, maybe not perfect, but better. They're letting me return to work Monday and return to doing normal stuff, like driving, working in the yard, etc. I have to go back for another evaluation in a few weeks. Thanks for the good thoughts, and please put in a good word with the big guy (not talking about Andy Reid) that I might fully recover.

You really gain an appreciation for basics when they're taken away from you. If you have good health, you're rich beyond measure.

I can't go to the Seattle exhibition opener. If anybody is interested in my 3 seats, drop me a PM. Maybe we can work out a deal....

PunkinDrublic
07-29-2016, 10:35 AM
You don't have a servant at home to post your thoughts and read the posts to you while you're down?

SAUTO
07-29-2016, 10:54 AM
Damn George WTF happened?

gblowfish
07-29-2016, 11:17 AM
Damn George WTF happened?

Woke up one morning and coudn't see out of my left eye.

Pretty scary stuff.

Had a detached retina on the top of my left eye. They pasted it back together with a laser and a big gas bubble behind my eyeball. Hurt like hell. Until it heals it's like I have a big lava lamp inside my left eye.

Had to miss work for two weeks.

Glad I get to go back Monday, have to pay for all this now. Yikes.

Rain Man
07-29-2016, 11:56 AM
I knew someone who had that. They told him that it should heal very well unless you start seeing everything in green, which signifies major trouble. He healed up just great

Hydrae
07-29-2016, 12:13 PM

Pretty scary stuff.

Had a detached retina on the top of my left eye. They pasted it back together with a laser and a big gas bubble behind my eyeball. Hurt like hell. Until it heals it's like I have a big lava lamp inside my left eye.

That sounds scary as hell. What did they say about the chances of this occurring in your right eye?

stumppy
07-29-2016, 12:18 PM
That sucks George. Hopefully you'll heal up just fine. Let us know how things go, don't keep us in the dark. We'll keep an eye out for any new posts. See ya later.

:D

Tombstone RJ
07-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Heal up George, this place is much better with you around!

gblowfish
07-29-2016, 01:11 PM
That sounds scary as hell. What did they say about the chances of this occurring in your right eye?
They didn't. I just have to monitor my vision to make sure nothing weird happens on the right side.

gblowfish
07-29-2016, 01:13 PM
That sucks George. Hopefully you'll heal up just fine. Let us know how things go, don't keep us in the dark. We'll keep an eye out for any new posts. See ya later.

:D

I see what you did there...

ptlyon
07-29-2016, 01:15 PM
No more yanky wanky George, and get better

Kman34
07-29-2016, 01:23 PM
Good to hear you are doing better buddy.....

stumppy
07-29-2016, 01:39 PM
No more yanky wanky George, and get better

:eek: OMG, it isn't just an old wives tail.

gblowfish
07-29-2016, 02:01 PM
No, if this old superstition were true, Go Chiefs would have a cane and dog and a tin cup by now...

C3HIEF3S
07-29-2016, 03:14 PM

Pretty scary stuff.

That's easily one of my top fears in life, yikes. Glad to hear things are looking up!

lewdog
07-29-2016, 05:47 PM
I've known several people who all of a sudden have a detached retina. What's the cause of something like that usually?

Buzz
07-29-2016, 05:58 PM
A guy at work had something happen to his eye, they went in and fixed it but he had to wait a couple of months for the eyeball fluid to build back up, is that what happened to you? said it was like looking out an eye that was half full, weird, happened to his other eye about six months later.

scho63
07-29-2016, 07:36 PM

Pretty scary stuff.

I have suffered detached retinas in both my eyes, one tear in right eye in 2002 and two tears in my left eye in 2004 almost two years to the day. My eye sight has been horrible since 14 years old and one day when at work in 2002 I started seeing stars for no reason and it only got worse. I suddenly saw a brown shade sliding up and down in my eye. Went to my eye doctor and he ordered me into immediate surgery.

Long story short, I suffered two detached retinas and had surgery with a scleral buckle buckle in both eyes over two years.

Scary shit.

Good luck GB and you have my personal contact info so call or email me for advice.

I know your pain and fear!

Chiefshrink
07-29-2016, 08:42 PM
I knew someone who had that. They told him that it should heal very well unless you start seeing everything in green, which signifies major trouble. He healed up just great

You are cruel man ! I see what you did there !!:D

Rain Man
07-29-2016, 09:41 PM
I've known several people who all of a sudden have a detached retina. What's the cause of something like that usually?

I've heard that it's often related to having bad eyesight to start with. Your eyeball isn't spherical and it basically stretches the retina. At some point, the retina simply gives out after years of the condition, and maybe as your eyeball changes shape with age.

I think boxing also causes it, right? I think Sugar Ray Leonard or some such guy had the problem.

JD10367
07-29-2016, 10:25 PM
Same here, 2001, almost fully detached right retina, sympathy tear in left retina. Cryopexy in both eyes, scleral buckle and gas bubble in right. Optic nerve in right was damaged by the cryopexy so that pupil is frozen. Fast forward to a few years ago, add cataracts in both eyes. Got those replaced with manmade intraocular lenses. Last year, clouding of the membrane resulted in posterior capsulotomy laser in left eye; right eye needs it but I'm waiting on it because the vision stinks anyway. Oh, yeah, and both eyes loaded with floaters.

scho63
07-30-2016, 07:25 AM
I've heard that it's often related to having bad eyesight to start with. Your eyeball isn't spherical and it basically stretches the retina. At some point, the retina simply gives out after years of the condition, and maybe as your eyeball changes shape with age.

I think boxing also causes it, right? I think Sugar Ray Leonard or some such guy had the problem.

You are 100% correct! :clap:
My eyes are shaped like two eggs the vision is so bad. Most people's eyes are shaped like a cue ball.

Same here, 2001, almost fully detached right retina, sympathy tear in left retina. Cryopexy in both eyes, scleral buckle and gas bubble in right. Optic nerve in right was damaged by the cryopexy so that pupil is frozen. Fast forward to a few years ago, add cataracts in both eyes. Got those replaced with manmade intraocular lenses. Last year, clouding of the membrane resulted in posterior capsulotomy laser in left eye; right eye needs it but I'm waiting on it because the vision stinks anyway. Oh, yeah, and both eyes loaded with floaters.

The floaters take a long time to get used to. I tried to describe them to people as if someone tore up wax paper into tiny little pieces and embedded a bunch of them in your eye. Then your eye is like a snow globe and the second you shake your eye up by moving it, the floaters dance all around in front of your vision, sometimes obscuring it for a brief second. They suck!
My brother also suffered two retinal detachments both after mine and he had to go through the painful needle in the eyeball while awake. :eek:
I was put under in both surgeries.

KChiefs1
07-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Your my favorite poster on here George along with all the things we have in common. Hope you heal up 100%. I'd hate to lose one of my senses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk