PDA

View Full Version : Football Hopkins holding out for new deal

O.city
07-30-2016, 09:37 AM
Adam Shefter

Unhappy with contract, Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins has left camp, holdout underway, HOU has declined to negotiate, via @taniaganguli and me.

ChiefAshhole1056
07-30-2016, 09:46 AM
$40,000 a day in fines. Same agent as Bosa. Let's see how Smith handles this after his new extension.

RealSNR
07-30-2016, 09:48 AM
They certainly don't pay these mouthbreathing jocks to think, do they? LMAO

Chiefshrink
07-30-2016, 09:52 AM
As he should. I am a huge fan of this kid because he literally made chicken salad from a chicken sh** offense last year. Think about it no running game, no QB and no serious No.2 WR threat and he still put up Pro Bowl numbers which tells you just how dominate he was and still will be. I am no fan of players griping for more $$$$$$ but this kid has a legitimate beef !!!:thumb:

Coochie liquor
07-30-2016, 10:47 AM
Maybe it will continue through our game with them.

RealSNR
07-30-2016, 11:03 AM
As he should. I am a huge fan of this kid because he literally made chicken salad from a chicken sh** offense last year. Think about it no running game, no QB and no serious No.2 WR threat and he still put up Pro Bowl numbers which tells you just how dominate he was and still will be. I am no fan of players griping for more $$$$$$ but this kid has a legitimate beef !!!:thumb:This is idiotic.

He's on a slotted rookie contract. That's what he gets. That's what everybody gets. It's how the league works. If he wants more money, he should play out his rookie deal and then sign a megabucks contract, just like everybody else has to.

Russell Wilson waited until his deal was up before getting paid. Why does this asshole, a non-QB, believe he should get to jump the gun when no other player on a slotted rookie contract has done so?

O.city
07-30-2016, 11:03 AM
They need a safety? I know where they could get a good one for hopkins

O.city
07-30-2016, 11:04 AM
This is idiotic.

He's on a slotted rookie contract. That's what he gets. That's what everybody gets. It's how the league works. If he wants more money, he should play out his rookie deal and then sign a megabucks contract, just like everybody else has to.

Russell Wilson waited until his deal was up before getting paid. Why does this asshole, a non-QB, believe he should get to jump the gun when no other player on a slotted rookie contract has done so?

They just did a new deal for watt 2 years before his was due.

O.city
07-30-2016, 11:21 AM
Get your money when you can. Only have a limited time to play a game that hard on your body

RealSNR
07-30-2016, 11:41 AM
Get your money when you can. Only have a limited time to play a game that hard on your body

That's the point. Get your money when you can? He CAN'T. The team's not going to negotiate with him. That means Hopkins should shut the fuck up and wait his fucking turn to get his big money.

The guy has two years left. Just play it out, for fuck's sake.

RealSNR
07-30-2016, 11:42 AM

If this asshole thinks he is to WRs what JJ Watt was to DL, he's even more of a delusional fucktard than I thought.

Also, not sure what you're talking about. JJ Watt was drafted in 2011, and it wasn't until 2014 that he signed an EXTENSION.

This asshole says, "I'm unhappy with my contract, so let's talk!" and he's only done two seasons of great play, but none of it is exceptional.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-30-2016, 11:57 AM
SNR is right...what a dumbass move this is

O.city
07-30-2016, 12:03 PM
If this asshole thinks he is to WRs what JJ Watt was to DL, he's even more of a delusional ****tard than I thought.

Also, not sure what you're talking about. JJ Watt was drafted in 2011, and it wasn't until 2014 that he signed an EXTENSION.

This asshole says, "I'm unhappy with my contract, so let's talk!" and he's only done two seasons of great play, but none of it is exceptional.

He's been their best offensive player for 2 years with shit and ass at QB. If anyone on that team other than Watt has a cry for more money, it's him.

I'm just saying it's not hard to see where he's coming from wanting an extension. "They did Watt early, I've been great, why not me"? kinda thing.

O.city
07-30-2016, 12:04 PM
That's the point. Get your money when you can? He CAN'T. The team's not going to negotiate with him. That means Hopkins should shut the **** up and wait his ****ing turn to get his big money.

The guy has two years left. Just play it out, for ****'s sake.

He has no leverage here so the team will wait him out, but again, I have no problem with a player wanting to max his earning while he can.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-30-2016, 12:08 PM
You are a strange cat O

O.city
07-30-2016, 12:11 PM
You are a strange cat O

More than likely.

I just don't like the thought that the players are always supposed to honor their deal and when they don't it's a shitty deal, yet when a team decides to cut a guy or move on, it's in the name of competitiveness.

The Franchise
Finally gets a better QB.....holds out.

Makes sense.

Buehler445
There is nothing other than the BLAR BLAR HES UNDERPAID schtick that would refute anything SNR is bringing.

SNR doing work.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-30-2016, 12:13 PM
More than likely.

I just don't like the thought that the players are always supposed to honor their deal and when they don't it's a shitty deal, yet when a team decides to cut a guy or move on, it's in the name of competitiveness.

He signed a contract and knew what the guarantees were. You can't let them game the system like this. Bad precedent.

Chiefshrink
07-30-2016, 12:14 PM

Precisely. If the Texans were smart they would be working on a long term with Hopkins now but they can't because they put all their cap $$ in an unproven player forgoing what is proven. Hopkins has already shown he can perform with just crap:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
07-30-2016, 12:26 PM
If this asshole thinks he is to WRs what JJ Watt was to DL, he's even more of a delusional ****tard than I thought.

He's been their best offensive player for 2 years with shit and ass at QB. If anyone on that team other than Watt has a cry for more money, it's him.

I'm just saying it's not hard to see where he's coming from wanting an extension. "They did Watt early, I've been great, why not me"? kinda thing.

More than likely.

Hey, if there is anybody about character it is me but as the GMs and Owners always tell their players "this is a business decision" well back atcha fellas is my reply especially when a player has proven "greatness" since the very start in his rookie year to SNR's point that he apparently doesn't get. Hey when you have a potential Hall of Famer on your team that has proven consistent greatness since his inception with manure for an offense to boot, you get that man signed long term as soon as possible. My guess is we wouldn't be having this conversation IF the Texans had not signed Brock who has not proved anything other than he couldn't finish the job in Denver in getting them to the SB. They probably would be renegotiating and rightly so. Like you guys, I hate players that gripe for more $$ when most of the time they don't deserve it, but this kid deserves it and it is even better because it is a win-win for both parties IMHO.

RealSNR
07-30-2016, 12:31 PM

If teams start kow-towing to guys on rookie contracts conducting training camp holdouts because they want extensions, this shit's going to get even more out of hand than it already is.

Chiefshrink
07-30-2016, 12:38 PM
If teams start kow-towing to guys on rookie contracts conducting training camp holdouts because they want extensions, this shit's going to get even more out of hand than it already is.

You would be a failure as a GM if you can't recognize superior Pro Bowl and potential hall of fame talent and choose to pay a higher price later on which screws with your cap even more which is what will happen to the Texans because they chose the unproven over their own proven with crap all around him. Now it just makes for bad blood and I bet he will want out very soon.

Recognize,sign and save is my mantra.

O.city
07-30-2016, 12:39 PM

Probably.

But if a guys playing that well, extend him.

The fisher signing won't help the texans any.

ThaVirus
07-30-2016, 12:41 PM
Texans have a new QB and high expectations this season. Hopkins is far and away their best offensive player even with the addition of Lamar Miller.

It'll be interesting to see if they appease him.

Chiefshrink
07-30-2016, 12:41 PM
Finally gets a better QB.....holds out.

Makes sense.

There is nothing proven about Osweiller whatsoever but there is hard evidence for Hopkins especially with a manure offense all around him.

RealSNR
07-30-2016, 12:44 PM
You would be a failure as a GM if you can't recognize superior Pro Bowl and potential hall of fame talent and choose to pay a higher price later on which screws with your cap even more which is what will happen to the Texans because they chose the unproven with their own proven with crap all around him. Now it just makes for bad blood and I bet he will want out very soon.

Recognize,sign and save is my mantra.

When you're locked in to a rookie deal, you have no room to make demands.

Sometimes the sides talk nicely to each other and your extension comes sooner rather than later, like in the case of Eric Fisher. Other times, your side behaves like a bunch of stupid bitches. That's exactly what Hopkins is doing.

-King-
07-30-2016, 12:49 PM
He signed a contract and knew what the guarantees were. You can't let them game the system like this. Bad precedent.

What the fuck ROFL. He's on his slotted rookie deal. And if he underperformed his contract, his team would have cut him. You like that double standard?
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
07-30-2016, 12:55 PM
What the fuck ROFL. He's on his slotted rookie deal. And if he underperformed his contract, his team would have cut him. You like that double standard?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, not sure why people are so OK with the clubs having all of the power. These organizations cut these guys without blinking an eye if they think they're underperforming to their contracts.

Why can't the player look out for himself in the same manner?

Chiefshrink
07-30-2016, 01:08 PM
When you're locked in to a rookie deal, you have no room to make demands.

Sometimes the sides talk nicely to each other and your extension comes sooner rather than later, like in the case of Eric Fisher. Other times, your side behaves like a bunch of stupid bitches. That's exactly what Hopkins is doing.

Everything is negotiable my friend especially when you are still lighting it up with crap around you, you should no this rule by now and especially when you have consistent Pro Bowl talent from his inception. Professional or Diva behavior it is business and the biggest character concern I have when signing big talent are 2 things: 1. Is he good for the locker room? 2. Was the kid a serious off the field issue prior to the NFL, that has led to present day off the field issues which most likely leads to future off the field issues? Hopkins is good for the locker room and his character has been above reproach so far. There is Diva behavior that is fodder and harmless which is to be expected but then there are serious character issues that rarely change and he has kept his nose clean and his character on the field shows he truly loves the game. So pay the man !!!

Chiefshrink
07-30-2016, 01:13 PM
What the **** ROFL. He's on his slotted rookie deal. And if he underperformed his contract, his team would have cut him. You like that double standard?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, not sure why people are so OK with the clubs having all of the power. These organizations cut these guys without blinking an eye if they think they're underperforming to their contracts.

Why can't the player look out for himself in the same manner?

BINGO !! Owners choose to forget that it is a two way street and more likely they are showing their anxiety by choosing unproven Osweiler first risking cap disaster rather than go with a Pro Bowl proven in manure that is Randy Moss talented. They should be anxious !! They know they are going against their better judgment. Stupid !!

RealSNR
07-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Everything is negotiable my friend, you should no this rule by now and especially when you have consistent Pro Bowl talent from his inception. Professional or Diva behavior it is business and the biggest character concern I have when signing big talent are 2 things: 1. Is he good for the locker room? 2. Was the kid a serious off the field issue prior to the NFL, that has led to present day off the field issues which most likely lead to future off the field issues? Hopkins is good for the locker room and his character has been above reproach so far. There is Diva behavior that is fodder and harmless which is to be expected but then there are serious character issues that rarely change and he has kept his nose clean and his character on the field shows he truly loves the game. So pay the man !!!

What do you know of his character, other than what you saw him do whenever he played the Chiefs, which has NOTHING to do with character?

He could be Jeremy Maclin or he could be Randy Moss, and unless you know the guy personally, you probably have no way of determining which side of the spectrum he's on.

Chiefshrink
07-30-2016, 01:58 PM
What do you know of his character, other than what you saw him do whenever he played the Chiefs, which has NOTHING to do with character?

He could be Jeremy Maclin or he could be Randy Moss, and unless you know the guy personally, you probably have no way of determining which side of the spectrum he's on.

History is a very good indicator of which he has no off the field prior or present is my point. Pay the man and prove you are a good GM by not screwing your cap up potentially for the future with unproven talent going with what has been proven safe especially with very little talent around him.

vailpass
07-30-2016, 02:12 PM
$40,000 a day in fines. Same agent as Bosa. Let's see how Smith handles this after his new extension.

A quarter million $ a week down the shitter. He's backing himself into a corner. His agent must be very confident they'll get a new deal.

-King-
07-30-2016, 02:33 PM
A quarter million $ a week down the shitter. He's backing himself into a corner. His agent must be very confident they'll get a new deal.

The team will forgive those fines when he comes back.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-30-2016, 02:57 PM
This is idiotic.

Because someone else who was on a slotted WR deal and was an inferior WR got a huge payday.

DaneMcCloud
07-30-2016, 03:01 PM
He's on a slotted rookie contract. That's what he gets. That's what everybody gets. It's how the league works. If he wants more money, he should play out his rookie deal and then sign a megabucks contract, just like everybody else has to

Allen Hurns, an undrafted free agent, signed for 4 years, $40 million this offseason and Doug Baldwin, another UDFA, is getting $11.5 million per in his new deal.

Hopkins smokes both of those guys, so I can understand why he doesn't want to play for $1 million this season.

A torn ACL, achilles or worse could take years off of his earning potential.

the Talking Can
07-30-2016, 03:17 PM
fun thread to revisit when peters does the same thing.....

DaneMcCloud
07-30-2016, 03:20 PM
fun thread to revisit when peters does the same thing.....

If this regime has shown anything, it's their ability to lock up drafted and undrafted players to extensions before they hit their free agent year.

Kelce, Fisher, West, Ware, Harris, Bailey, etc.

Tribal Warfare
07-30-2016, 06:44 PM
If this regime has shown anything, it's their ability to lock up drafted and undrafted players to extensions before they hit their free agent year.

Kelce, Fisher, West, Ware, Harris, Bailey, etc.

Lesson learned from the Houston ordeal

Chiefshrink
07-30-2016, 08:34 PM
Allen Hurns, an undrafted free agent, signed for 4 years, $40 million this offseason and Doug Baldwin, another UDFA, is getting $11.5 million per in his new deal.

Hopkins smokes both of those guys, so I can understand why he doesn't want to play for $1 million this season.

:clap::clap::thumb:

Indian Chief
07-30-2016, 09:34 PM
The ONLY issue I bring up in these cases is this -- I don't see any of these players giving back money when they perform like garbage on the back end of their contracts. You want more money for outperforming your current deal, fine. I understand and respect that. What happens when you're on a deal and you fail to live up to the performance that is expected of you?

BryanBusby
07-30-2016, 09:42 PM
The ONLY issue I bring up in these cases is this -- I don't see any of these players giving back money when they perform like garbage on the back end of their contracts. You want more money for outperforming your current deal, fine. I understand and respect that. What happens when you're on a deal and you fail to live up to the performance that is expected of you?
Players take paycuts a lot. Where the fuck are you going with this?

jspchief
07-30-2016, 10:09 PM
Its better for nfl fans if the owners win. I dont see how people dont understand this. The slotted rookie contracts are better. The salary cap is better. Seriously, as a fan why the fuck do I care whats fair for Deandre Hopkins? I want a competitive league with parity and with players not constantly holding out for more money. Has nothing to do with sticking it to rich owners or giving players what they're worth... its about the best product for me to consume.

ThaVirus
07-30-2016, 10:37 PM

They get cut

Couch-Potato
07-31-2016, 10:30 AM

I disagree with this. In my opinion, contracts are meant to be broken. The truth is every offseason that contract is scrutinized by the player and his agent, as well as the team. If there's a serious variance between performance, market value and current contract...that contract gets torn up and you sit back down at the table. Talent is valuable, he should leverage his talent as best he can. Plenty of other teams that would pay him outside of Houston...

TigeRRUppeRRcut
07-31-2016, 10:49 AM
Brock Osweiler just **** his pants

Chiefshrink
07-31-2016, 10:53 AM

Of course he did. He can't believe he got paid millions for not proving himself failing to finish the job in Denver getting them to the SB starting only 7 games. He is thinking this is like taking candy from a baby !!! He is set for life without ever having to prove himself:rolleyes:

Pasta Little Brioni
07-31-2016, 11:23 AM

Going to be a disaster this year. Garbage QB.

jspchief
07-31-2016, 11:50 AM
I disagree with this. In my opinion, contracts are meant to be broken. The truth is every offseason that contract is scrutinized by the player and his agent, as well as the team. If there's a serious variance between performance, market value and current contract...that contract gets torn up and you sit back down at the table. Talent is valuable, he should leverage his talent as best he can. Plenty of other teams that would pay him outside of Houston...
This would be horrible for the league if this becomes common.

MMXcalibur
07-31-2016, 11:51 AM
I am ALWAYS in the camp of the player in any of these types of negotiations.
The toll their body goes through and how the club can just discard them without a moment's notice leaves me very pro-player in negotiations.

However with that said, Joey Bosa needs to shutup and color. Earn your stripes, prove your worth, and then start bitching for more money.

Buehler445
07-31-2016, 12:06 PM
The toll their body goes through and how the club can just discard them without a moment's notice leaves me very pro-player in negotiations.

However with that said, Joey Bosa needs to shutup and color. Earn your stripes, prove your worth, and then start bitching for more money.

Really?

Almost everybody I know that has done manual labor is broke down too, and they'd kill for the rookie minimum.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-31-2016, 01:05 PM
Really?

Almost everybody I know that has done manual labor is broke down too, and they'd kill for the rookie minimum.

This. What a joke these greedy fucks are.

thabear04
07-31-2016, 01:09 PM
DeAndre Hopkins is returning to the Houston Texans.

One day after choosing not to report to training camp, the star wideout is ending his brief holdout, a source close to the player told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. Hopkins on Sunday announced his change of heart through a statement:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000678339/article/texans-deandre-hopkins-ending-holdout

jspchief
07-31-2016, 02:07 PM

One day after choosing not to report to training camp, the star wideout is ending his brief holdout, a source close to the player told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. Hopkins on Sunday announced his change of heart through a statement:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000678339/article/texans-deandre-hopkins-ending-holdout
Way to make an ass of yourself.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-31-2016, 02:10 PM
Way to make an ass of yourself.

Haha that was quick

RealSNR
07-31-2016, 04:24 PM
Hmm... it's almost as if he has zero leverage in this situation.

WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?

BlackOp
07-31-2016, 05:16 PM

Well..Hopkins is an exception to the rule. He had like 1500 yards last season. It's not like everyone on a rookie contract is going to start complaining...because most dont come into the league and immediately tear it up like that.

Kelce got prematurely extended....and he's not nearly the player (yet) that Hopkins is.

I think he has a legitimate gripe. The rookie scale was put in place to protect teams from getting stuck with a financial lemon but works both ways. It shouldn't be used as a tool to exploit cheap labor....when it's proven they are being vastly underpaid.

I read their new rookie WR is making more than him this season...and hasn't played a down.

Buehler445
07-31-2016, 05:41 PM

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHA

HAHA

HA

I wonder if he convinced himself that he was going to do it, then his agent called and explained the situation.

RealSNR
07-31-2016, 05:43 PM
Well..Hopkins is an exception to the rule. He had like 1500 yards last season. It's not like everyone on a rookie contract is going to start complaining...because most dont come into the league and immediately tear it up like that.

Kelce got prematurely extended....and he's not nearly the player (yet) that Hopkins is.

I think he has a legitimate gripe. The rookie scale was put in place to protect teams from getting stuck with a financial lemon but works both ways. It shouldn't be used as a tool to exploit cheap labor....when it's proven they are being vastly underpaid.

I read their new rookie WR is making more than him this season...and hasn't played a down.It would make sense that if your best player on offense came up to you and said, "I want to play for you longterm beyond my rookie contract, so let's negotiate an extension," a GM would be totally happy to do so, given they now have the opportunity to further plan and adjust their cap flexibility depending on how they view the future.

But the Texans refused. Outright. Why did they do that?

Could it be that Hopkins wasn't just asking for an extension, but was demanding a ton up front?

Gravedigger
07-31-2016, 05:47 PM
Brock got paid he doesn't give a shit, he doesn't even know his teammates.

-King-
07-31-2016, 06:20 PM
Elite players holding out for better deals happens every year lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
07-31-2016, 06:21 PM
Really?

What does that have to do with NFL players?
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
07-31-2016, 06:34 PM
Integrity of the rookie slotting contracts upheld. Good for the league and the fan. Not to say he didn't have grounds to ask per Dane's earlier comments and not to say his request still won't result in him getting a new deal earlier than he would have.

Deberg_1990
07-31-2016, 06:37 PM
This is idiotic.

This. He's a good player, but he shouldn't be above any other player.

Did he put up those numbers because he's truly great, or was he just targeted on nearly every down because they had nothing else??

-King-
07-31-2016, 07:09 PM
This. He's a good player, but he shouldn't be above any other player.

Did he put up those numbers because he's truly great, or was he just targeted on nearly every down because they had nothing else??

On the flip side of that argument... Every opposing team knew he was the only target and still couldn't stop him.

His targets are basically the same as Antonio Browns anyway so he was getting targeted just as much as any elite WR.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
07-31-2016, 07:21 PM
What does that have to do with NFL players?
Posted via Mobile Device

Because KCtotheSB talked about the toll on their bodies. Football isn't the only profession that is hard on your body.

Go run a jackhammer all day for $12/HR. I'd take the rookie minimum to play football.

Chiefaholic
07-31-2016, 08:21 PM
How would you feel if every rookie played up to their potential, then sat out after year two? That defeats the whole purpose of the CBA if rookies refuse to play out the negotiated contract. Does that mean that teams can ask for the return of signing bonuses from athletes that don't play up to their contracts? Play out your rookie deal, then let your play determine your net worth after the 3-5 year deal is done. This could be an extreme burden to clubs with big name contracts on the horizon and have to pay a guy who's contract isn't up.

RealSNR
07-31-2016, 08:42 PM
On the flip side of that argument... Every opposing team knew he was the only target and still couldn't stop him.

His targets are basically the same as Antonio Browns anyway so he was getting targeted just as much as any elite WR.
Posted via Mobile Device

So he's really good is what you're saying?

Russell Wilson was also really good. Won a Super Bowl, started every game from rookie to present day, made the playoffs every season he's been the starter.

He was paid a 3rd fucking round salary for 3 years.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-31-2016, 10:04 PM
Product of force feeding

-King-
07-31-2016, 10:21 PM
So he's really good is what you're saying?

Russell Wilson was also really good. Won a Super Bowl, started every game from rookie to present day, made the playoffs every season he's been the starter.

He was paid a 3rd fucking round salary for 3 years.

Good for him?

And his contact dispute was also pretty messy. So....
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
07-31-2016, 10:51 PM
Good for him?

And his contact dispute was also pretty messy. So....
Posted via Mobile Device

So why did the Texans refuse to grant Hopkins an extension if they really want to keep him around longterm and gain some flexibility in how and when they pay for that eventual extension?

Something tells me it wasn't just an extension that Hopkins wanted, if he wanted one at all.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-01-2016, 05:48 AM

Why can't these simpletons understand that???

Gravedigger
08-01-2016, 06:29 AM
I love our culture though, we give press releases that explain our motives quite clearly but still hold a press conference to bring more attention to a story that died as soon as we submitted the press release. All along he could've just, I don't know, reported to training camp and avoided the last two steps entirely.

Couch-Potato
08-01-2016, 08:31 AM
AND Hopkins has ended his Hold-out...may have been the shortest in history. Must have gotten slapped upside the head with some logic by someone.

BlackOp
08-01-2016, 09:49 AM
I think Hopkins short-lived "holdout" was to send a message to the owner/GM. There are a lot of examples where teams have "rewarded" rookie performance before their contract was completed. KC did this proactively with Kelce...once they realized he was going to be a very good TE. Texans should have already been on this IMO. Everyone in that locker-room knows he is their best player not named Watt. Paying a team leader/pro-bowler less than a rookie, playing the same position, is poor management.

Hopkins has a legitimate argument...he has out-played his rookie slotting. Houston isn't obligated, contractually, to give him a raise...but they should have seen this coming. It sends a bad message...

Pasta Little Brioni
08-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Be fun watching him anger at Biff air mailing him and dumping off every down.

RealSNR
08-01-2016, 10:36 AM
I think Hopkins short-lived "holdout" was to send a message to the owner/GM. There are a lot of examples where teams have "rewarded" rookie performance before their contract was completed. KC did this proactively with Kelce...once they realized he was going to be a very good TE. Texans should have already been on this IMO. Everyone in that locker-room knows he is their best player not named Watt. Paying a team leader/pro-bowler less than a rookie, playing the same position, is poor management.

Hopkins has a legitimate argument...he has out-played his rookie slotting. Houston isn't obligated, contractually, to give him a raise...but they should have seen this coming. It sends a bad message...

It sounds like Hopkins was demanding the Texans just give him more money period. Teams extend players in their rookie contracts all the time.

Hopkins clearly did/said SOMETHING to piss off the team in his quest to earn more money. It's totally unrealistic to think that a team would do to him what Carl Peterson did to John Tait when he politely suggested, "Give my agent a call, and let's talk about extending me to be a Houston Texan beyond these next couple years."

Dorsey re-upped Kelce and Fisher completely unbeknownst to the fans. It hit us all out of left fucking field. Fisher said nothing. The press said nothing. He said nothing.

Hopkins announced to the world what was going on, bitched and whined, and did his attention grabbing "LOOK AT MEEEEEE!" shit with his holdout. The Texans correctly said, "Get back to fucking work."

BossChief
08-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Kinda dumb of Hop to demand more money before having a possible record breaking type year this season.

Brock is going to have no trouble getting him the ball.

A lot.

I could see him having a 1800 yard season with more than 15tds.

He should get the highest contract in history for a WR after this year.