PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV New SEC Football Documentary Stadium Crashers

Stargazer
07-31-2016, 09:21 AM
After a year and a half of planning, shooting and editing, our little documentary that could, "Stadium Crashers" has finally been released. The film follows two die-hard sports fans and first time filmmakers as they set off on a 4,000 mile road trip in hopes of crashing all 14 SEC football stadiums and explore the vast and diverse culture that makes the SEC such a different conference in the college athletics landscape.

It's been a huge whirlwind the last 18 months or so making this film and, understandable, it's not going to be for everyone, but so far the reception has been very positive.

Official trailer and viewing options: http://www.stadiumcrashers.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html (http://www.stadiumcrashers.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html)

Bowser
07-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Hey, nice! You made this, or starred in it?

Stargazer
08-01-2016, 08:21 AM
Hey, nice! You made this, or starred in it?

A little of both, produced and "starred" as myself and another gentleman are the ones featured on the road trip but the film is more about the stadiums and culture of the SEC complete with drone shots of each stadium and candid interviews with school officials/fans/current/former players.

Predarat
08-01-2016, 08:44 AM
Have not read it yet but before reading I bet Vanderbilt is by far the worst. Its more of a Sun Belt Conference type stadium and nowhere near an SEC stadium.

Stargazer
08-01-2016, 08:48 AM
Have not read it yet but before reading I bet Vanderbilt is by far the worst. Its more of a Sun Belt Conference type stadium and nowhere near an SEC stadium.

It's a nice little setting but Vandy is a private school and the stadium only seats 39,000. Not much for atmosphere and opponents fans frequently outnumber home fans.

Predarat
08-01-2016, 09:17 AM
It's a nice little setting but Vandy is a private school and the stadium only seats 39,000. Not much for atmosphere and opponents fans frequently outnumber home fans.

The only time it does not is when they are playing an Div 2 school and total attendance is only 17K lol. One play I would love to go to a game is LSUs Tiger Stadium. That place always looks rockin!

Rams Fan
08-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Commonwealth Stadium>Faurot Field.

Edited to add: As a current UK student from St. Louis, Mizzou is looked as a black sheep in the SEC by other people in Lexington.

Stargazer
08-01-2016, 01:40 PM

Edited to add: As a current UK student from St. Louis, Mizzou is looked as a black sheep in the SEC by other people in Lexington.

I enjoyed visiting and filming at Commonwealth Stadium. It's a bit smaller than Faurot although the new improvements were very nice. Missouri has been in the SEC for four years. I would say that is probably the general consensus among SEC schools although Kentucky football is looked at as a black sheep by other people in college football.

Rams Fan
08-01-2016, 05:06 PM
I enjoyed visiting and filming at Commonwealth Stadium. It's a bit smaller than Faurot although the new improvements were very nice. Missouri has been in the SEC for four years. I would say that is probably the general consensus among SEC schools although Kentucky football is looked at as a black sheep by other people in college football.

Commonwealth's a very nice stadium. I didn't see it pre-renovation, but em the game day experience is awesome. I think UK made the right decision to downsize.

And yes, Kentucky football is viewed as a black sheep. But Kentucky, as a whole in terms of being a Southern state school, is still accepted as being a member of the SEC. Mizzou will never be culturally Southern(it's Midwestern). Similar to how Rutgers will never be Midwestern in the B1G, like WVU will never be Midwestern(it's Appalachian), etc.

It's not a knock on Mizzou in terms of its education or athletics, just its location and Midwestern culture. B1G would've been a better cultural fit.

Stargazer
08-02-2016, 08:22 AM
After visiting each stadium and doing aerial shots of each one here are some of my thoughts:

Best stadium: LSU. Just a daunting structure. Looking forward to returning in Oct. for Mizzou/LSU game.

Best town: Really enjoyed Oxford and Athens, kind of a toss up there. Oxford is a small town with a lot of charm and Athens is the definition of a great SEC college town.

Worst stadium other than Vandy: Miss. State. They've done some solid renovations but just doesn't have a lot of character.

Best recent renovations: A&M. I think they did a billion dollar reno on Kyle Field. Just awesome.

Prison Bitch
08-02-2016, 08:24 AM

http://i.imgur.com/U3NNrvo.gif

Stargazer
08-02-2016, 08:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/U3NNrvo.gif

Eh, it's an opinion. I would give the slight edge to Faurot as the bigger stadium, sitting down in a valley with some winning football occurring inside but Commonwealth has done some nice things.

Spott
08-02-2016, 10:20 AM

Personally, I think it is a compliment not to be considered part of the South.

Demonpenz
08-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Mizzou fans be bumping meth saying NOW THAT'S SEC SPEED

Stargazer
08-02-2016, 07:05 PM
Mizzou fans be bumping meth saying NOW THAT'S SEC SPEED

Someone's gotta buy it.

ChiefAshhole1056
08-02-2016, 07:40 PM
After visiting each stadium and doing aerial shots of each one here are some of my thoughts:

Best stadium: LSU. Just a daunting structure. Looking forward to returning in Oct. for Mizzou/LSU game.

Best town: Really enjoyed Oxford and Athens, kind of a toss up there. Oxford is a small town with a lot of charm and Athens is the definition of a great SEC college town.

Worst stadium other than Vandy: Miss. State. They've done some solid renovations but just doesn't have a lot of character.

Best recent renovations: A&M. I think they did a billion dollar reno on Kyle Field. Just awesome.

A&Ms new stadium is fantastic.

NewChief
08-02-2016, 10:12 PM

Yet you showed a ton of Miss state in trailer and not a single Arkansas shot. That's my complaint so far: we have inferiority complex in Arkansas and this just plays into it by not having anything of us in trailer.

Stargazer
08-03-2016, 08:45 AM
Yet you showed a ton of Miss state in trailer and not a single Arkansas shot. That's my complaint so far: we have inferiority complex in Arkansas and this just plays into it by not having anything of us in trailer.

Arkansas is our very last stop and is featured prominently for sure. Fayetteville is a really fun town and I've always been a fan of Razorback Stadium. Was there for the Mizzou game last year and endured some of the worst weather at a game I've ever seen.

Stargazer
08-04-2016, 08:49 AM
A&Ms new stadium is fantastic.

Yeah it's unreal!