PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Surprise Cut 2016

O.city
08-02-2016, 12:43 PM
So, now that we've started camp, let's get an updated surprise cut thread.

Who you got?

staylor26
08-02-2016, 12:44 PM
Mauga (he's currently a starter, so I think this still fits)

O.city
08-02-2016, 12:53 PM
I'm goin with bailey. I dunno if his contract will allow it, but if Jones shows he belongs, bailey is expendable

staylor26
08-02-2016, 12:54 PM
Absolutely no way they cut Bailey, nor should they.

O.city
08-02-2016, 12:58 PM
If Jones is as good as you think, with williams and Nunez Roches therr too, why not move from bailey? He didn't improve much last year and his deal, iirc, gets pretty big soon.

Skyy God
08-02-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm goin with bailey. I dunno if his contract will allow it, but if Jones shows he belongs, bailey is expendable

Lol, no

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Albert Wilson.

WR Corps as such:

Maclin (All that needs to be said)
Conley (too much upside to justify cutting after one full season)
Streater (think Jason Avant in the worst case scenario)
Robinson (No sense cutting a rookie draft pick)
Hill (too much athleticism and can replace Knile Davis and D'AT simultaneously, freeing up space to carry an extra defensive player or ST'er)

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Your Mom , she has no burst any more. Came in overweight. Plays like she don't care. But she still swallows and that might get her a free pass

O.city
08-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Albert Wilson.

WR Corps as such:

Hill (too much athleticism and can replace Knile Davis and D'AT simultaneously, freeing up space to carry an extra defensive player or ST'er)

So only carrying 5 wrs?

ChiefAshhole1056
08-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Aaron Murray

O.city
08-02-2016, 01:01 PM
I don't think bailey gets cut fwiw. Just presenting what would be a surprise cut and reasons behind it

Beef Supreme
08-02-2016, 01:02 PM
If Jones is as good as you think, with williams and Nunez Roches therr too, why not move from bailey? He didn't improve much last year and his deal, iirc, gets pretty big soon.

Jones replaces DeVito. Even if he moves up the depth chart past Bailey, Bailey still isn't getting cut. These guys do need a breather.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Steven Nelson

I think he's a JAG and they'll end up giving that spot to the rookie.

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2016, 01:04 PM
So only carrying 5 wrs?

If it makes you feel better, consider Kelce the '6th' WR and then go two deep at TE with O'Shaughnessy and Demetrius Harris active on the 46 man game day roster.

BlackOp
08-02-2016, 01:06 PM
DAT and Davis seem logical.....along with Hammond.

Unless they decide Davis's return skills are worth a roster spot....

O.city
08-02-2016, 01:07 PM
If it makes you feel better, consider Kelce the '6th' WR and then go two deep at TE with O'Shaughnessy and Demetrius Harris active on the 46 man game day roster.

They seem to always carry 6 wrs though iirc.

3 te
2 qbs
7 ol
6 wrs
4 rb

DJ's left nut
https://youtu.be/t5us2KV8LeE?t=32s

staylor26
I don't think bailey gets cut fwiw. Just presenting what would be a surprise cut and reasons behind it

Fair enough. I just feel like the DL, and in particular the rotation/depth, are the strength of the defense, so I wouldn't mess with that right now.

If Jones looks like a starter this year, we re-sign Poe, and Willaims/Nunez Roches continue to get better, I would certainly think about it after the season if it will create some cap space.

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2016, 01:14 PM
They seem to always carry 6 wrs though iirc.

3 te
2 qbs
7 ol
6 wrs
4 rb

1/6 of the WRs had return responsibilities (McCluster, Hammond, Thomas) same going for RBs (Davis).

Hill makes up for his lack of character with speed and apparently size. If he can field punts without incident, give him the most of the reps as a returner in addition to taking the odd kickoff that doesn't wind up in the end zone. Use sparingly on offense until he can demonstrate Antonio Brown-esque tendencies.

Doing this frees up an extra roster spot for rotational depth on the 46 man slate (I'd guess DB) in the best case scenario and a spot on the 53 man for a guy who probably wouldn't otherwise make it to the PS without getting sniped in the less-best case.

WhawhaWhat
08-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Alex Smith

O.city
08-02-2016, 01:17 PM
1/6 of the WRs had return responsibilities (McCluster, Hammond, Thomas) same going for RBs (Davis).

Hill makes up for his lack of character with speed and apparently size. If he can field punts without incident, give him the most of the reps as a returner in addition to taking the odd kickoff that doesn't wind up in the end zone. Use sparingly on offense until he can demonstrate Antonio Brown-esque tendencies.

Doing this frees up an extra roster spot for rotational depth on the 46 man slate (I'd guess DB) in the best case scenario and a spot on the 53 man for a guy who probably wouldn't otherwise make it to the PS without getting sniped.

True. But that also leads you to a wr core with 1 guy having alot of experience in said ayatem, a second year giy and 3 who've never played in it.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2016, 01:18 PM
We're going to cut guys that can contribute to a lot of teams in this league.

I remember when I was pissed off that we cut Jalil Brown. Because on that team he was capable of actually contributing on occasion. Then it turns out that he was actually pretty worthless. Kinda like about 80% of the 2012 roster. Javier Arenas....hahahahaha!!!

Christ what a shitshow that team was. But hey - not improved, right Discuss?

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2016, 01:23 PM
We're going to cut guys that can contribute to a lot of teams in this league.

I remember when I was pissed off that we cut Jalil Brown. Because on that team he was capable of actually contributing on occasion. Then it turns out that he was actually pretty worthless. Kinda like about 80% of the 2012 roster. Javier Arenas....hahahahaha!!!

Christ what a shitshow that team was. But hey - not improved, right Discuss?

Improved != championship caliber.

It wasn't last year and I don't believe it is this year either for a lot of the same reasons which aren't worth repeating.

RealSNR
08-02-2016, 01:25 PM
We don't really have any BIG CATs on the team this year, do we? The kind of player where people are expecting huge things out of the dude just because of a college scouting report or something he did a year ago.

The closest player I can think of who matches that description is Justin March, and by all accounts and reports, he's raping faces and doing it hard.

So it's a tough call. Mauga is the most likely target, but the team hardly ever parts with players like him. We as fans have picked out veteran JAGs to get cut every season, and what percentage of them actually go bye bye? Not many.

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Rescinding Berry's tag would be the suprisiest of surprise cuts, however.

RealSNR
Lol. Forgot that Frankie Hammond is still on the team.

I'll be glad to see that motherfucker get his head put on the fucking guillotine

DJ's left nut
Improved != championship caliber.

It wasn't last year and I don't believe it is this year either for a lot of the same reasons which aren't worth repeating.

Just keep on movin' them goalposts....

If this team isn't championship caliber, than no such animal exists. It may not win it, but to act as though it just can't is nothing more than tired fatalism.

O.city
08-02-2016, 01:27 PM

I'll be glad to see that mother****er get his head put on the ****ing guillotine

He's much like mrsa. Just keeps hanging on

BigBeauford
08-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Aaron Murray. Though it's only a surprise for the Bray haters.

Halfcan
Mauga- slowest player to ever put on a uniform.
Hammond-Chiefs can do without his fumbles and negative run backs.
Flemming- cost us the Denver game at home.
Davis-fumble machine
Dat-has not done much-hurt more then he has played
Harris-tall and worthless
Murray-short and worthless-looks like a kid next to Bray

Hammock Parties

I'll be glad to see that motherfucker get his head put on the fucking guillotine

isn't he the designated special teams JAG WR though?

DJ's left nut
08-02-2016, 01:30 PM
We don't really have any BIG CATs on the team this year, do we? The kind of player where people are expecting huge things out of the dude just because of a college scouting report or something he did a year ago.

The closest player I can think of who matches that description is Justin March, and by all accounts and reports, he's raping faces and doing it hard.

So it's a tough call. Mauga is the most likely target, but the team hardly ever parts with players like him. We as fans have picked out veteran JAGs to get cut every season, and what percentage of them actually go bye bye? Not many.

Didier Drogba. Or DJ Mbenga....what's that fucking guy's name we took in the 6th round? The OLB.

Dadi Nicolas. That's this season's Big Cat, IMO. Kid may be something in a couple of years, but he's raw as hell and needs to add weight; like 30 lbs of it. And it needs to be good, functional weight that doesn't also slow him down. That kind of mass building can't really come in a couple of months without wrecking joints and flexibility. So really, he's probably a couple of years away despite the glowing fluff pieces that will be written about him soon enough.

Kiimo
08-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Bailey isn't going to get cut, is going to play a ton, is going to play well.

I understand the logic but you could trade that dude in a second. And we shouldn't.

My vote goes to Albert Wilson as far as surprises.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2016, 01:31 PM
He's much like mrsa. Just keeps hanging on

When the patron saint of Terrance Copper turns on you, you must really suck.

I mean really, if we'd have just slapped Frankie Hammond's jersey on Terrance Copper, would it be week 6 before anyone would've figured it out? Week 12? Hell, is anyone sure that we didn't do exactly that?

Have any of us actually seen Copper and Hammond in the same place at the same time?

O.city
08-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Even if March takes muagas job, I don't see them move on from him. He's not as bad as everyone here seems to think, he's just not a big flashy guy. Next to dj, he's adequate.

Aspengc8
08-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Even if March takes muagas job, I don't see them move on from him. He's not as bad as everyone here seems to think, he's just not a big flashy guy. Next to dj, he's adequate.

DJ makes everyone next to him adequate. Mauga's issue is that he is slow to react and can't get off a block. I see Mauga, DAT and Kniles gone.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2016, 01:42 PM
DJ makes everyone next to him adequate. Mauga's issue is that he is slow to react and can't get off a block. I see Mauga, DAT and Kniles gone.

He's slow for a Mike, but as far as Ted's go, he's not that bad.

Mike Vrabel was a slow Ted linebacker. Mauga's actually relatively athletic for the role he plays. I guess we don't play quite the same setup we played with Romeo and the Ted in this scheme isn't used as a pure plugger/setter anymore, but we also don't use him to do a lot of read/react in space.

Mauga's fine athletically for his role. Our problem is that we're a bit spoiled and compare him to a guy like DJ, who's a freak.

I won't weep if Mauga's cut, but I would be a little surprised. He was surprisingly assignment sound last year and was willing to give up his body to blow up a play. Teams can (and will) do worse than him as their 2nd ILB.

Aspengc8
08-02-2016, 01:52 PM
He's slow for a Mike, but as far as Ted's go, he's not that bad.

Mike Vrabel was a slow Ted linebacker. Mauga's actually relatively athletic for the role he plays. I guess we don't play quite the same setup we played with Romeo and the Ted in this scheme isn't used as a pure plugger/setter anymore, but we also don't use him to do a lot of read/react in space.

Mauga's fine athletically for his role. Our problem is that we're a bit spoiled and compare him to a guy like DJ, who's a freak.

I won't weep if Mauga's cut, but I would be a little surprised. He was surprisingly assignment sound last year and was willing to give up his body to blow up a play. Teams can (and will) do worse than him as their 2nd ILB.

You are correct. I completely forgot about the year DJ was hurt and Mauga moved over to Mike. He got trashed there.

RealSNR
08-02-2016, 01:56 PM
When the patron saint of Terrance Copper turns on you, you must really suck.

I mean really, if we'd have just slapped Frankie Hammond's jersey on Terrance Copper, would it be week 6 before anyone would've figured it out? Week 12? Hell, is anyone sure that we didn't do exactly that?

Have any of us actually seen Copper and Hammond in the same place at the same time?
And you can shut your fucking whore mouth. I've never once seen Frankie Hammond demonstrate that he has a fucking clue how to run the designed route on a given play. Every single regular season catch he's ever had has either been something that got broken up and they had to improvise, or it was a short throw. More often than not, if the ball got sent his way, it was an incomplete pass. And it's not always because he dropped it. Oftentimes it was because he didn't fucking know how to track the fucking thing in the air.

He's damn fucking lucky he got an opportunity to return kicks last year due to DAT AIDS. It's cute and nice and all that he had a couple decent returns, but the constant fuckups in decision making, the fumbles, and the inability to follow his blocking on the return was too much for me to fucking deal with by the end of the year.

When did Terrence Copper ever once make somebody cringe because he was on the field? As far as I know, the fans who hated him simply didn't understand why the coaches wanted him around. You wanted something more than a special teams guy as your WR5? Go bitch to Todd Haley the WR expert and Fat Scott, the guy who was in charge of bringing in WRs who could beat Copper out of a job. None of them ever did.

I leave you with one final remark. Hammond has only been on the Chiefs 53 for two years. 2014-2015. His 2014 stats are 4 receptions for 45 yards and 0 TDs. He has no stats for 2015 because he never recorded a reception.

Terrence Copper in his time with the Chiefs? 4 catches, 68 yards. I win.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.

I actually lied. Those aren't Copper's career Chiefs numbers. They're only from 2009, his WORST year with the team. The others are:

2010: 18 catches, 157 yards
2011: 8 catches, 114 yards
2012: 8 catches, 79 yards

Eat shit and die.

BlackHelicopters
08-02-2016, 01:58 PM
J Charles

Pasta Little Brioni
08-02-2016, 01:59 PM
O Shitty

O.city
08-02-2016, 02:03 PM
O Shitty

Maybe you should go back to your normal "it's rigged, that super bowl win doesn't count " posts and leave this to those of us without a tinfoil hat on

Pasta Little Brioni
08-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Maybe you should go back to your normal "it's rigged, that super bowl win doesn't count " posts and leave this to those of us without a tinfoil hat on

Cheeeeeeeefs suck!! But yeah games are influenced a certain way. Doesn't mean it's 100 percent, but you are nuts if you don't think things are slanted.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2016, 02:14 PM
And you can shut your fucking whore mouth. I've never once seen Frankie Hammond demonstrate that he has a fucking clue how to run the designed route on a given play. Every single regular season catch he's ever had has either been something that got broken up and they had to improvise, or it was a short throw. More often than not, if the ball got sent his way, it was an incomplete pass. And it's not always because he dropped it. Oftentimes it was because he didn't fucking know how to track the fucking thing in the air.

He's damn fucking lucky he got an opportunity to return kicks last year due to DAT AIDS. It's cute and nice and all that he had a couple decent returns, but the constant fuckups in decision making, the fumbles, and the inability to follow his blocking on the return was too much for me to fucking deal with by the end of the year.

When did Terrence Copper ever once make somebody cringe because he was on the field? As far as I know, the fans who hated him simply didn't understand why the coaches wanted him around. You wanted something more than a special teams guy as your WR5? Go bitch to Todd Haley the WR expert and Fat Scott, the guy who was in charge of bringing in WRs who could beat Copper out of a job. None of them ever did.

I leave you with one final remark. Hammond has only been on the Chiefs 53 for two years. 2014-2015. His 2014 stats are 4 receptions for 45 yards and 0 TDs. He has no stats for 2015 because he never recorded a reception.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.

I actually lied. Those aren't Copper's career Chiefs numbers. They're only from 2009, his WORST year with the team. The others are:

Eat shit and die.

Well of course "Hammond" wasn't as good as Copper. Poor Copper had really started to age by the time they had to put that Hammond jersey on him.

When you factor in the aging curve, it makes perfect sense. Copper was reaching the 'Avant' stage of his career and his pride had him ready to hang 'em up rather than sully his reputation in the eyes of SNR...his sole supporter. So he lets his hair grow out, slaps on a 'Hammond' jersey and goes out there and keeps grinding, reputation intact.

beach tribe
08-02-2016, 02:28 PM

What?

You're weird these days.

beach tribe
08-02-2016, 02:34 PM

OIC

Rooster
08-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Herm Edwards will be cut and many will be surprised.

O.city
08-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Wonder if Sherman gets cut

RealSNR
08-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Nothing wrong with having a DL rotation like we've got. Fuck, we've been DYING for something like this for how long? You need Allen Bailey to complete that DL depth from top to bottom.

Easy 6
08-02-2016, 03:13 PM
I'd agree with staylor, if there is a surprise cut it will be Mauga... sure, he is decent and experienced depth... but we cant keep them all

By all accounts March is twice the athlete and we have some youthful projects behind him as well

And there is a O% chance they let Bailey go, he is an excellent rotational guy

ct
08-02-2016, 03:27 PM

I've said from day1 I thought Jones was a bigger threat to Bailey's playing time than anyone else, but no way AB gets cut. Stack those studs as depth and rotate to keep em fresh!

I don't think these are surprises, but Mauga and A.Murray will get whacked. March and Bray are ready.

Biggest surprise would be Berry, if it happend (i don't want this, btw). Technically not a cut but withdraw the franchise tender has the same effect.

O.city
08-02-2016, 03:50 PM
I agree with bailey being a good rotational guy and I'm not sure about his contract.

But iirc, it gets rather large soon, and he's not exactly progressed like one would hope.

So if they can get cheap production there without him and free up money for a poe extension, who knows.

TimeForWasp
08-02-2016, 03:55 PM

He just got an extension.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-02-2016, 03:57 PM

Not a chance

Easy 6
08-02-2016, 04:05 PM
I agree with bailey being a good rotational guy and I'm not sure about his contract.

But iirc, it gets rather large soon, and he's not exactly progressed like one would hope.

So if they can get cheap production there without him and free up money for a poe extension, who knows.

If it took dumping Bailey to somehow get Poe done, I'd be fine with it... but we'd better cross our fingers on Jones if that happens

The killer depth on the D line is looking like the clear strength of this team, I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible

Kiimo
08-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Reminds me of the Giants when they went to the Superbowl.

O.city
08-02-2016, 04:18 PM
If it took dumping Bailey to somehow get Poe done, I'd be fine with it... but we'd better cross our fingers on Jones if that happens

The killer depth on the D line is looking like the clear strength of this team, I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible

I'd only do it if williams and Nunez Roches look like they can also play

Easy 6
08-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Reminds me of the Giants when they went to the Superbowl.

What little I'm able to find about the Chiefs from the major outlets almost always mentions our D line... even those with nothing more than a passing interest in this team see it

No one will run the hell outta the ball against this team, and the pass rush threat they present is far greater than most realize

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Harris-tall and worthless

Harris was just given a 3 year extension

Titty Meat
08-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Demetrius Harris

DJ's left nut
08-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Demetrius Harris

James O'Shaughnessy.

I like Shags, but Kelce and Harris just got deals (and Harris is absolutely perfect as a #2 TE in this system because of his blocking skills and red zone potential).

I keep rolling my eyes at the Ross Travis stuff, but it seems more and more like they really really like this kid and he has athletic ability that O'Shaughnessy just can't match. If Kelce goes down and Shags is his backup, you just scrap the routes that Kelce was running and re-build things.

Travis, OTOH, appears to have the athletic ability to present a credible threat using the same route tree as Kelce. Now he won't catch nearly as many or do the YAC thing that Kelce does, but you don't have to scrap your offense with him in there.

It's a much less glaring version of the 'Mike Vick: Backup QB' debate. Vick as a backup never made sense because he can't do anything that any starting QB in the league does. If you installed Vick, you'd have to completely rip apart your offense to make him work (same problem with Tebow...plus the fact that Tebow blows).

In that regard, Travis may actually make more sense as a backup than Shags.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2016, 05:08 PM

Barring injury, I can't imagine the Chiefs keeping more than four ILBer's so it'll likely be Derrick Johnson, Justin March, Ramik Wilson and DJ Alexander.

Mauga's the odd man out.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2016, 05:11 PM
He just got an extension.

In 2014

O.city
08-02-2016, 05:16 PM
James O'Shaughnessy.

I like Shags, but Kelce and Harris just got deals (and Harris is absolutely perfect as a #2 TE in this system because of his blocking skills and red zone potential).

I keep rolling my eyes at the Ross Travis stuff, but it seems more and more like they really really like this kid and he has athletic ability that O'Shaughnessy just can't match. If Kelce goes down and Shags is his backup, you just scrap the routes that Kelce was running and re-build things.

Travis, OTOH, appears to have the athletic ability to present a credible threat using the same route tree as Kelce. Now he won't catch nearly as many or do the YAC thing that Kelce does, but you don't have to scrap your offense with him in there.

It's a much less glaring version of the 'Mike Vick: Backup QB' debate. Vick as a backup never made sense because he can't do anything that any starting QB in the league does. If you installed Vick, you'd have to completely rip apart your offense to make him work (same problem with Tebow...plus the fact that Tebow blows).

See, I think oshaunessy does have the athleticism to do those things. Now he's not kelce per say, more Witten, but from the little I saw of him last year I think he has that uncanny ability to get open and catch the football.

To be honest and I may be way off herr, he reminded me of a young tony g.

O.city
08-02-2016, 05:18 PM
In any manner, we're gonna cut some good players this year

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2016, 05:19 PM
James O'Shaughnessy

Parker's the odd man out.

If the Chiefs keep only 5 WR's (and I think they'll keep 6), then Kelce, Harris, O'Shaunhnessy and Travis make the squad. If they only keep three, Travis will spend the year on the PS and be ready to make a push next year. I think they give Shagg's the first shot at 3rd tight end.

Of course, that's all subject to change after preseason. Travis "looks" like he can become a very effective receiver but after 4 years of basketball and no football since 9th grade, his blocking will need work.

O.city
08-02-2016, 05:28 PM
I think they'll keep 6 wrs.

Maclin
Conley
Streater
Wilson
Hill
Robinson

Maybe 7 and williams

DJ's left nut
08-02-2016, 05:30 PM
Parker's the odd man out.

If the Chiefs keep only 5 WR's (and I think they'll keep 6), then Kelce, Harris, O'Shaunhnessy and Travis make the squad. If they only keep three, Travis will spend the year on the PS and be ready to make a push next year. I think they give Shagg's the first shot at 3rd tight end.

Of course, that's all subject to change after preseason. Travis "looks" like he can become a very effective receiver but after 4 years of basketball and no football since 9th grade, his blocking will need work.

Parker's a dead man walking.

And like you, I think they keep 6 WRs so that was why I got to only 3 TEs.

It depends on how Travis shows out when the pads are on. If he goes out there and puts up good tape during the pre-season, I don't think they'll want to risk losing him off the PS. It's just too easy to hide a 3rd TE for a team that's not competitive so they'd have few issues sniping him from us.

But ultimately, that's why it's a 'surprise' cut. I think Travis could show enough that the team doesn't want to risk him and a guy we tended to think of as being pretty safe in Shags could lose a numbers game.

O.city
08-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Well, with Fulton ability to play g and c, could you just have 7 ol active?

That would allow you to keep 6 wrs, 4 te, 2 qbs, 4 rbs.

That's 23 offensive players.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Well, with Fulton ability to play g and c, could you just have 7 ol active?

That would allow you to keep 6 wrs, 4 te, 2 qbs, 4 rbs.

That's 23 offensive players.

I'd rather keep the extra OL.

Nothing takes a season apart faster than attrition on the line. If you end up losing Shags or even Travis, it's probably not going to make a huge difference in your season. If you walk away from a swing tackle (Reid?) and a couple of guys go down early, you're looking at street FAs on your line and that's a recipe for disaster.

With all the chaos in the line and the number of ways an OL can get hurt (and they're not exactly the most fit guys in the world), if there's any place I'm stashing an 'extra' player, its the OL.

SAUTO
08-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Steven Nelson

I think he's a JAG and they'll end up giving that spot to the rookie.

ROFL

O.city
08-02-2016, 05:45 PM
I'd rather keep the extra OL.

Nothing takes a season apart faster than attrition on the line. If you end up losing Shags or even Travis, it's probably not going to make a huge difference in your season. If you walk away from a swing tackle (Reid?) and a couple of guys go down early, you're looking at street FAs on your line and that's a recipe for disaster.

With all the chaos in the line and the number of ways an OL can get hurt (and they're not exactly the most fit guys in the world), if there's any place I'm stashing an 'extra' player, its the OL.

True, but you don't have to keep them all active on the 46.

I figure Robinson isn't gonna be an active wr weekly early atleast and they can't stash him.

Fuck, I dunno. They should make it 60 with 53 active

RunKC
08-02-2016, 05:49 PM
Ross Travis was incredibly athletic for a 6'7" but he can't block. That's where O'Shags has the advantage, if he gained muscle this offseason.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2016, 06:00 PM
It depends on how Travis shows out when the pads are on.

Very true but in an effort to keep him, they may not showcase much, if at all, during the games so they can pass him through waivers and back onto the PS.

Meatloaf
08-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Very true but in an effort to keep him, they may not showcase much, if at all, during the games so they can pass him through waivers and back onto the PS.

So who would be our "blocking" TE if Parker goes?

JoeyChuckles
08-02-2016, 06:09 PM
I'm gonna go with either Vince Agnew or Eric Fisher. It's a tossup.

staylor26
08-02-2016, 06:09 PM
So who would be our "blocking" TE if Parker goes?

Demetrius Harris.

The Bad Guy
08-02-2016, 06:11 PM

I don't see it that way at all. They need the depth.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2016, 06:16 PM
I don't see it that way at all. They need the depth.

Plus, it would be a $5 million dollar cap hit, which they can't absorb right now.

O.city
08-02-2016, 06:34 PM
I should have prefaced with, if williams and Nunez play well, and his Contract allows it (which it doesnt)

Chromatic
08-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Albert Wilson.

WR Corps as such:

I agree.

The only 2 routes I've seen Wilson be effective are the slants and medium outs. Not really that good at much else.

Trivers
08-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Question:

If March replaces Mauga this year...

WHO replaces DJ when he retires after this year or next?

nychief
08-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Bailey isn't going anywhere.

ChiefAshhole1056
08-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Question:

If March replaces Mauga this year...

WHO replaces DJ when he retires after this year or next?

Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida.

staylor26
08-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida.

Ohhhh yea.

Next years ILB class is ridiculously good. We're getting one.

rico
08-02-2016, 08:12 PM
You guys remember when Nate Eachus had that good preseason game and earned a roster spot????

ROFL

He wouldn't even sniff a spot on this squad.

Titty Meat
08-02-2016, 08:17 PM
James O'Shaughnessy.

I could be totally wrong too lazy to look but didn't Shags produce as much in like 5 games as Harris? This could be selective memory speaking but I remember Harris making a few nice plays in 3 years and a whole shit ton of mistakes and stupid penalties. Travis seems to be what they always thought Harris was going to develope into.

If we're debating the 2nd/3rd string tight ends this team is in a real good position. I'm fucking pumped.

Titty Meat
08-02-2016, 08:20 PM
It would suck if Wilson gets cut. He's not a #2 but he's a guy who can stretch the field and does make the occasional big play.

BossChief
08-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Bailey had 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in the playoffs.

No chance at all he gets cut.

He's one of the absolute best bargains this team has and I guy I expect to have a superb chance to be a breakout star.

BossChief
08-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Smith
Bray
Hogan

Charles
West
Ware
Sherman

Kelce
Oshaunnesy
Harris

Fisher
Ehinger
Morse
LDT
Schwartz
Fulton
Pughsley
Reid

Maclin
Conley
Streater (or possibly Williams)
Wilson
Robinson
Hill

Bailey
Poe
Williams
Jones
Howard
Alameda

DJ
March
Hali
Ford
Mauga
Houston
Zombo
Wilson
Alexander
Smith

Peters
Gaines
Nelson
Russel
White

Berry
Parker
Murray
Fleming
Sorensen

Winchester
Colquitt
Santos

Everybody else is gonna get cut.

Titty Meat
08-02-2016, 10:42 PM
It would be stupid to cut Bailey even if Jones is really good you need a rotation.

BossChief
08-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Bailey is a very underrated pass rusher in this defense and without Houston out there, he's gonna step up.

I expect big things.

7 or 8 sacks to go with a handful of forced fumbles wouldnt surprise me at all.

staylor26
08-02-2016, 10:49 PM
I feel like a lot of people are forgetting Stevie Brown. I think he has a better shot to make the roster than people think.

He's been kinda quiet, but Terez had this to say today:

▪ Safety Stevie Brown has a chance to carve out a role this year. Brown, a veteran with a hard-hitting reputation, had a pass breakup in 11-on-11 in which he broke up a short drag route.

threebag
08-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Bailey is a animal. This is his year to shred everyone.

BlackOp
08-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Did someone actually suggest Bailey would be cut? Umm..that's not going to happen.

I really hope they retain Davis...I could definitely see the Raiders picking him up.

BossChief
08-02-2016, 11:19 PM
Did someone actually suggest Bailey would be cut? Umm..that's not going to happen.

I really hope they retain Davis...I could definitely see the Raiders picking him up.

I'd LOVE it if we cut him and he stays in the AFCW.

BossChief
08-02-2016, 11:20 PM
I feel like a lot of people are forgetting Stevie Brown. I think he has a better shot to make the roster than people think.

He's been kinda quiet, but Terez had this to say today:

▪ Safety Stevie Brown has a chance to carve out a role this year. Brown, a veteran with a hard-hitting reputation, had a pass breakup in 11-on-11 in which he broke up a short drag route.

I think Fleming plays well at safety and sends Brown back to the unemployment line, but I could be wrong. He's physical enough and does well with the ball in front of him.

Fleming is an ace special teamer, too.

Chiefshrink
08-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Albert Wilson.

WR Corps as such:

You guys are forgetting Williams who 'will make this team'.:clap: And I agree, I hope Wilson gets cut. Hammond is as good as cut IMHO.

Chiefshrink
08-02-2016, 11:36 PM
Maclin
Williams
Streater
Conley
Hill
Robinson

Now that's some serious WR talent !!!

wasi
08-03-2016, 12:15 AM
Based off reading the early camp reports about Bray and the amount of talent at other spots, this could be the year there are only 2 QB's on the Roster.

My surprise cut is Murray.

ThaVirus
08-03-2016, 12:41 AM
Maclin
Williams
Streater
Conley
Hill
Robinson

Now that's some serious WR talent !!!

If we head into the season with these 6 at WR I'll ****ing kill myself

tx4chiefs
08-03-2016, 05:36 AM
Your Mom , she has no burst any more. Came in overweight. Plays like she don't care. But she still swallows and that might get her a free pass

LOL!:clap:

mcaj22
08-03-2016, 05:49 AM

why thats a good mix of vets and young guys, tons of possibilities

Dunerdr
08-03-2016, 06:16 AM
And you can shut your ****ing whore mouth. I've never once seen Frankie Hammond demonstrate that he has a ****ing clue how to run the designed route on a given play. Every single regular season catch he's ever had has either been something that got broken up and they had to improvise, or it was a short throw. More often than not, if the ball got sent his way, it was an incomplete pass. And it's not always because he dropped it. Oftentimes it was because he didn't ****ing know how to track the ****ing thing in the air.

He's damn ****ing lucky he got an opportunity to return kicks last year due to DAT AIDS. It's cute and nice and all that he had a couple decent returns, but the constant ****ups in decision making, the fumbles, and the inability to follow his blocking on the return was too much for me to ****ing deal with by the end of the year.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.

Eat shit and die.
I hope one day I can be as passionately in love with my wife, like your burning love for this wr5.

Chiefshrink
08-03-2016, 06:38 AM
Based off reading the early camp reports about Bray and the amount of talent at other spots, this could be the year there are only 2 QB's on the Roster.

My surprise cut is Murray.

Camp doesn't mean anything because the QB is protected. Pre-season games are everything for 2 guys on the bubble who have never seen any NFL experience and Bray better be lights out because this job is his to lose. Murray less on the bubble than Bray IMHO. But you could be correct after the pre-season.

Chiefshrink
08-03-2016, 06:39 AM

From the guy who wants to keep Wilson ? Really ?:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
08-03-2016, 06:40 AM

Precisely !!:thumb:

ThaVirus
08-03-2016, 08:25 AM

I'll admit I overreacted a bit. When he said Williams for some odd reason I thought of FRED Williams LMAO

But still. A couple has-beens, three rookies (basically) and Maclin? That has too much potential to suck. Hard.

You seem like a pretty pragmatic guy. Are you confident that a couple guys who haven't done shit since 2012 are going to be able to recapture their old magic? With Alex Smiff at QB? It's been 3 years+ since either of those two have been serviceable. That may as well be an eon in this league.

milkman
08-03-2016, 09:38 AM
You guys are forgetting Williams who 'will make this team'.:clap: And I agree, I hope Wilson gets cut. Hammond is as good as cut IMHO.

Mike Williams will not make this team.

He's a bad fit, even at his best.

thabear04
08-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Wonder who will Dorsey will trade on the last day of cuts? Who going to be the next Kelcie McCray.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 09:59 AM
Wonder who will Dorsey will trade on the last day of cuts? Who going to be the next Kelcie McCray.

Maybe DAT to SF is still a possibility.

O.city
08-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Murray and knile to the Cowboys for a 6th round pick

Bowser
08-03-2016, 10:56 AM
https://youtu.be/t5us2KV8LeE?t=32s

You motherfucker. It's going to take hours of me listening to metal to get that shit out of my head.

Seriously - WTF

DJ's left nut
08-03-2016, 10:59 AM
You motherfucker. It's going to take hours of me listening to metal to get that shit out of my head.

Seriously - WTF

Eric Baraaaay.....Eric Berry.....

O.city
08-03-2016, 11:00 AM
I know we've talked about it and I'm not really for it, but cutting Charles is a possibility

Bowser
08-03-2016, 11:11 AM
I know we've talked about it and I'm not really for it, but cutting Charles is a possibility

What, the Bailey pick as a cut didn't stir up enough shit for you?

Tell your nurse to take the gas mask off. You've had enough.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 11:12 AM

:facepalm:

You're losing it.

ChiefAshhole1056
08-03-2016, 11:18 AM

Not this year. Next year, perhaps.

O.city
08-03-2016, 11:24 AM
They're pretty dangerously close to the cap, Charles would free up money, plus if you think ware, west, and reeves can carry the load, why not?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 11:28 AM
O has lost his mind

RunKC
08-03-2016, 11:28 AM
With rollover the Chiefs will have $8 million in cap space.

Cut Mauga and get $3 million saved
Restructure JC to add 1 year and get $2-3 million saved--Matt Forte deal sounds good
Cut Colquitt and save $4 million
Cutting Zombo, DAT and Murray saves roughly $1.5 million

There's $19.5 million without Poe. Extend him with that first year low cap hit and with a draft class you have about $10 million to play with.

The Franchise
08-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Mauga needs to be gone. He serves no purpose on this team.

O.city
08-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Oh, sorry.

It's all rigged, theyll end up cutting Alex smith because the league thinks they'll be too good

O.city
08-03-2016, 11:31 AM
With rollover the Chiefs will have $8 million in cap space.

Cut Mauga and get $3 million saved
Restructure JC to add 1 year and get $2-3 million saved--Matt Forte deal sounds good
Cut Colquitt and save $4 million
Cutting Zombo, DAT and Murray saves roughly $1.5 million

There's $19.5 million without Poe. Extend him with that first year low cap hit and with a draft class you have about $10 million to play with.

They can't go into this year with 400000 in cap space. They'll have to do something before the regular season.

And I'm all for moving on from those guys, but you've gotta replace them as well

staylor26
08-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Mauga needs to be gone. He serves no purpose on this team.

They've been putting him at SOLB some (idk why this wasn't reported more), so that's probably a sign that he's in jeapordy of losing his job. I think he's gone.

Bowser
08-03-2016, 11:33 AM
They're pretty dangerously close to the cap, Charles would free up money, plus if you think ware, west, and reeves can carry the load, why not?

JFC :facepalm:

If they're down to brass tacks and absolutely need to cut someone, cut both Mauga and Colquitt.

We're all getting Rick Roll'd, aren't we?

RealSNR
08-03-2016, 11:33 AM
We've talked about cutting Charles for 2+ years, O.Shitty.

The Chiefs aren't going to do it, and if they were, they wouldn't do it as a fucking training camp cut with the rest of the pond scum we're scraping off the bottom of the boat. They would give him more respect than that.

Stop throwing shit at the wall.

RunKC
08-03-2016, 11:34 AM
They can't go into this year with 400000 in cap space. They'll have to do something before the regular season.

And I'm all for moving on from those guys, but you've gotta replace them as well

Cutting Mauga gives us about $2 million. His time has come.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 11:36 AM

The Chiefs aren't going to do it, and if they were, they wouldn't do it as a ****ing training camp cut with the rest of the pond scum we're scraping off the bottom of the boat. They would give him more respect than that.

Exactly. I'm not saying he isn't a candidate to be cut next year, but this year? That ship has sailed.

The Franchise
08-03-2016, 11:37 AM

We have a replacement for those guys, outside of maybe Colquitt. But punters aren't super hard to find either.

O.city
08-03-2016, 11:39 AM
They won't cut colquitt, they don't have another punter in camp so they'd have to scrap a street guy there.

Mauga maybe, but you're gonna have to replace him with a rookie or a second year guy who doesn't have alot of snaps.

O.city
08-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Cutting Charles also frees up enough to extend poe this year.

Charles, colquitt and Mauga

RunKC
08-03-2016, 11:45 AM
You could extend Poe and still save $$. Look at the Fisher deal. Everyone thought he was getting $12 million a year. He's not even getting a double-digit salary until 2018.

O.city
08-03-2016, 11:49 AM
You could extend Poe and still save $$. Look at the Fisher deal. Everyone thought he was getting $12 million a year. He's not even getting a double-digit salary until 2018.

They're not saving money this year with the fisher deal.

But they should have the funds for poe, I think

O.city
08-03-2016, 11:50 AM
This is a surprise cut thread. You guys are all going, well, not surprise.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 11:52 AM

Ok if we are going full retard...Alex Smith

O.city
08-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Ok if we are going full retard...Alex Smith

It's rigged

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Tampa Hali

DJ

Maclin

That outta free up cap room fellas!

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 11:55 AM
It's rigged

Slanted....absofuckinlutely. Big difference.

O.city
08-03-2016, 11:56 AM
Slanted....abso****inlutely. Big difference.

It's all rigged.

kccrow
08-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Hmm... interesting...

I'll say surprise cut is Mauga, like many.

Cutting Murray wouldn't surprise me, and if Bray show's he can run the offense I think Murray is a goner.

I think if there are any other surprise moves it'll be to trade Charles to free up cap space.

As for the TE situation, any one of them after Kelce could get cut and it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I'd actually prefer they kept Kelce, O'Shaughnessy, and Parker and put Travis on the PS while letting Harris go, but that is doubtful given Harris' extension.

Kiimo
08-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Murray is gone. You know it, I know it, the American people know it.

Bray's arm is insane and he looks like the offense is finally clicking. He's our backup and Hogan is our young guy. Murray gives us nothing.

Our 3 wide recievers who start should be Maclin, Conley and Hill. Get Wilson the f out of here. Injured all the time.

Bowser
08-03-2016, 12:24 PM

"Surprise" cut. Not "what in the actual fuck" cut.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 12:29 PM

Bray's arm is insane and he looks like the offense is finally clicking. He's our backup and Hogan is our young guy. Murray gives us nothing.

Our 3 wide recievers who start should be Maclin, Conley and Hill. Get Wilson the f out of here. Injured all the time.

But yet he hasn't missed a game.

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2016, 12:29 PM

Bray is also throwing multiple interceptions each day. Unless that changes, he's still on the bubble.

Terez Paylor also stated that Murray was better than Bray yesterday.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Bray is also throwing multiple interceptions each day. Unless that changes, he's still on the bubble.

Funny how that's being ignored.

Terez said Murray was the best of the two yesterday.

The battle is not close to over, though it does seem Bray is in the lead.

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Funny how that's being ignored.

Terez said Murray was the best of the two yesterday.

The battle is not close to over, though it does seem Bray is in the lead.

Andy Reid isn't a "Boom or Bust" type of offensive playcaller. He likes consistency and as few turnovers as possible. If Murray continues to battle and not turn over the ball while Bray continues to throw deep balls but has multiple interceptions, I don't think Bray makes the squad.

I'm excited to see the preseason games, especially against Seattle and the Rams. Those two defensive tests will be awesome for both QB's.

Bowser
08-03-2016, 12:46 PM
It's been a bit since I've been looking forward to watching players in preseason. I'm definitely looking forward to the Murray/Bray comparisons against real competition.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Andy Reid isn't a "Boom or Bust" type of offensive playcaller. He likes consistency and as few turnovers as possible. If Murray continues to battle and not turn over the ball while Bray continues to throw deep balls but has multiple interceptions, I don't think Bray makes the squad.

I'm excited to see the preseason games, especially against Seattle and the Rams. Those two defensive tests will be awesome for both QB's.

Agreed. Murray has a much better shot than people are giving him credit for. I mean he's basically Chase, but a better passer.

Bowser
08-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Agreed. Murray has a much better shot than people are giving him credit for. I mean he's basically Chase, but a better passer.

And taller! Kind of.

ct
08-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Might be time to sell as high as possible on Bray. Call Jerry and see if he wants the former razorback qb to back up romo. Offer up Mauga and Cooper while youre at it.

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 12:59 PM
I would really like Bray to win...and continue to develop. I do not, however, want a dumb, big-armed QB that throws multiple picks...starting only because he has a nice touch on his deep throws.

KC doesn't need a Stafford/Cutler type...

Kiimo
08-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Well I'm certain on one thing:

I'm not skipping any preseason games this year. They look to be full of useful information. Can't wait to see Hill smoke some backup corners.

DJ's left nut
08-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Well I'm certain on one thing:

I'm not skipping any preseason games this year. They look to be full of useful information. Can't wait to see Hill smoke some backup corners.

The problem is that the home games are 1 and 4.

Not sure you'll learn much in those 2 and it's hard to watch individual battles on TV.

BossChief
08-03-2016, 01:13 PM
JFC :facepalm:

If they're down to brass tacks and absolutely need to cut someone, cut both Mauga and Colquitt.

We're all getting Rick Roll'd, aren't we?

They aren't gonna cut Colquitt this close to the season.

Don't forget, he's also the holder on field goals.

I'd bet a few bucks they draft a punter next year, though.

The Franchise
08-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Might be time to sell as high as possible on Bray. Call Jerry and see if he wants the former razorback qb to back up romo. Offer up Mauga and Cooper while youre at it.

When did Bray play for Arkansas?

staylor26
08-03-2016, 01:24 PM

Bray, Mallett. All of those big dumb douchy QB's are the fucking same.

O.city
08-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Bray and murray both seem to be throwing some picks, which is expected. They're battling it out.

An interesting situation is happening at rb. Reaves is having a good offseason and camp. Wonder what the plan is with him?

DJ's left nut
08-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Bray, Mallett. All of those big dumb douchy QB's are the fucking same.

Unless they're Tyler Wilson.

In which case, they're somehow worse.

Man, there was some serious Tyler Wilson love 'round here. Then he gets drafted by the Raiders in the 4th and doesn't even make the squad out of camp.

Oh Raiders...

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Bray and murray both seem to be throwing some picks, which is expected. They're battling it out.

An interesting situation is happening at rb. Reaves is having a good offseason and camp. Wonder what the plan is with him?

I can't see how Reaves makes the squad, unless Charles starts the season on the PUP, which wouldn't be surprising.

O.city
08-03-2016, 02:12 PM
I can't see how Reaves makes the squad, unless Charles starts the season on the PUP, which wouldn't be surprising.

It's teicher, but I had a tweetersation with him today, he said they're expecting berry back at the latest by the regular season opener and Charles and hali when they break camp.

Houston probably later so I asked if we'd see him this year and he said the chiefs expect him back at some point.

I think I remember seeing that Charles and hali are day to day at this point so I bet they get back once they break camp.

O.city
08-03-2016, 02:13 PM
Unless they're Tyler Wilson.

In which case, they're somehow worse.

Man, there was some serious Tyler Wilson love 'round here. Then he gets drafted by the Raiders in the 4th and doesn't even make the squad out of camp.

Oh Raiders...

He had baby hands, right?

Man, I actually thought he'd atleast be a backup somewhere.

ct
08-03-2016, 03:20 PM

after i smoked that big fatty

brain fart, was thinking of knile davis. i think. was hoping we'd try and move him to dallas last year.

Chiefshrink
08-03-2016, 05:32 PM

Yeah I thought he was a Tennessee guy.

milkman
08-03-2016, 05:48 PM
I do think that O. has a point with regards to the idea that many of the surprise cuts offered are no real surprise.

If Mauga, Murray or Davis are cut, would that really be surprising?

My candidate for surprise cut is Jamell Fleming.

I think our safeties going into the season will be Berry, Parker, Eric Murray, Sorenson, and Stevie Brown or Marcus Cooper.

mcaj22
08-03-2016, 06:09 PM
no homers rallying around a 10 sack prediction Big Cat type player this season so no real surprise cuts to be worried about

O.city
08-03-2016, 06:23 PM
I do think that O. has a point with regards to the idea that many of the surprise cuts offered are no real surprise.

If Mauga, Murray or Davis are cut, would that really be surprising?

My candidate for surprise cut is Jamell Fleming.

I think our safeties going into the season will be Berry, Parker, Eric Murray, Sorenson, and Stevie Brown or Marcus Cooper.

Hadn't thought of Fleming.

Although with his experience at corner, they may opt to keep him but I'd say it's him, brown or cooper

O.city
08-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Well, now someone has got to go with the Foles signing.

I still contend it's a possibility it's Charles.

staylor26
08-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Well, now someone has got to go with the Foles signing.

I still contend it's a possibility it's Charles.

And you're still losing it.

O.city
08-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Charles is about to be 30, coming off his second ACL repair and we have 3 capable backs.

Why is it crazy to think they could move on from him once they've seen they're ok at RB?

O.city
08-04-2016, 11:32 AM
I don't think they will cut Charles, to be clear, nor do I really want them to as I think he's gonna have a big year.

But if he's not the same as he was pre acl and they like the guys they have, seems like a talking point.

staylor26
08-04-2016, 11:32 AM

The Chiefs aren't going to do it, and if they were, they wouldn't do it as a ****ing training camp cut with the rest of the pond scum we're scraping off the bottom of the boat. They would give him more respect than that.

I'll just repost this instead of repeating what he already said.

O.city
08-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Well, the past 2 years, they haven't had 3 stable, good young RB's on the roster and needed the cap space.

If I'm reading it right, they've gotta clear about 4 million in space to operate this year.

O.city
08-04-2016, 11:36 AM
I'm as big of a fan of Berry as anyone, but I'm about to the point that I'd pull the tag and let it work itself out.