PDA

View Full Version : Football Colin Cowherd Describes Each NFL Team in 3 Words

rico
08-02-2016, 08:54 PM
I know, I know... Colin Cowherd. Most people hate his guts. If you live in Iowa, your facebook feed was likely flooded with people posting long-winded Cowherd-hate for his criticism of the Iowa Hawkeyes last year...when he basically said that the Hawkeyes were the most overrated team in NCAA football because they hadn't beaten a team that was any good.

Like him or hate him (or indifferent, like me), I thought this thing he did where he described each NFL team in 3 words was interesting... Pretty funny at times.

You will see that the Chiefs got pegged as being "good, but boring." This actually kind of made me laugh a little bit, for most of my friends are either Bears, Packers, Vikings or Cowboys fans. There are some Chiefs fans scattered around here and there, but not near as many as there are Bears and Packers fans. With that said, I've been asked TONS of times throughout my life, including this year at work why I became a Chiefs fan because they've always considered the Chiefs to be a boring team, like the Bills, Cardinals, Jets, Lions, etc. (those are just a few teams off the top of my head that seem to be perceived as "boring" around here).

I'm guessing Cowherd labeled the Chiefs as "good, but boring" because of Alex Smith epitomizing what it is to be a game manager????? :shrug:

Sidenote: The Raiders..."return to glory???" Seriously?

Patriots - Fine Without Brady

Bills: Rex Spells W-R-E-C-K

Jets - Playoffs With Fitzy

Dolphins - Not Well Run

Bengals - Prime Time Problems

Steelers - Talent With Issues

Ravens - The Wrong Harbaugh

Browns - Can LeBron play?

Texans - Clowney Question Bro

Colts - Ignore Last Season

Jaguars - Bortles Is Rising

Titans - Mariota Needs Chip

Broncos - Fall Off Cliff

Chiefs - Good, But Boring

Raiders - Return to Glory

Chargers - Really Nice Weather

Washington - Don't Like That

Giants - McAdoo or McA-Don't?

Eagles - Waiting for Wentz

Cowboys - Depends on Romo

Vikings - First Round Exit

Packers - Rodgers MVP Season

Lions - Will Miss Megatron

Bears - One Word: Cutler

Panthers - Keep on Dabbing

Falcons - Picture of Mediocrity

Buccaneers - Same as Falcons

Saints - This Isn't 2009

Cardinals - Best In West

Seahawks - No More Skittles

Rams - And They're Goff!

49ers - Chip, Kaep, Crap

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7t6wtnKfszA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

staylor26
08-02-2016, 08:59 PM
"Return to Glory"

The media is really putting the pressure on the Raiders.

rico
08-02-2016, 09:02 PM
"Return to Glory"

Yeah, that one stuck out to me as well... Some of them are funny. San Diego's is funny...but "Return to Glory" for the Raiders??? For real?

CapsLockKey
08-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Chiefs have always been boring to the media.

Prison Bitch
08-02-2016, 09:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Co5SjtcVYAEvTJ8.jpg

Rain Man
08-02-2016, 09:18 PM
No team with Jamaal Charles can be boring. He's Jamaal freaking Charles.

Simply Red
08-02-2016, 09:18 PM
Compared to some of the others, it wasn't that awful - heck he indicated they're good. So.. could be much worse.

staylor26
08-02-2016, 09:20 PM
Just saw the Broncos LMAO

In58men
08-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Chiefs have always been boring to the media.

Chiefs have always played conservative. The last regime was always run run pass punt.

OctoberFart
08-02-2016, 09:30 PM
"Return to Glory"

Queef fans are the only ones who are afraid to admit the Raiders are going to be a threat this year. Denver isn't falling off that far either.

rico
08-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Queef fans are the only ones who are afraid to admit the Raiders are going to be a threat this year. Denver isn't falling off that far either.

I personally don't think their a joke by any means....I believe they are a team that should be taken very seriously... But glory? Returning there? I guess everyone has their own definition of the word, "glory."

rico
08-02-2016, 09:37 PM

Honestly, I think it's the Alex Smith factor.

staylor26
08-02-2016, 09:46 PM
I personally don't think their a joke by any means....I believe they are a team that should be taken very seriously... But glory? Returning there? I guess everyone has their own definition of the word, "glory."

Exactly. I'm not denying that the Raiders could be a serious threat in the division, but that's taking it too far.

Simply Red
08-02-2016, 09:51 PM

You have a soft tender heart, and I've been able to see that in you, back in our poker days. But you're dead wrong on this topic.

Gravedigger
08-02-2016, 10:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Co5SjtcVYAEvTJ8.jpg

Honestly I dont see the appeal of the shirt, maybe its the adult in me, but it takes a special kind of person to proudly wear that around in public.

Psyko Tek
08-02-2016, 10:09 PM

well, it involves a hole
and the silver and black on their knees in front of it

that is RAIDER GLORY

Mr. Laz
08-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Cowherd is a steaming pile of rancid dog vomit.

Anyone who watching his shows should be sterilized to improved the world's genetic pool.

ModSocks
08-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Heh. Yeah i think if i weren't a Chiefs fan i'd agree with him.

BlackOp
08-02-2016, 10:35 PM
By "glory"..he means winning 8 games.

The NFL is worried with Manning retiring and Brees/Brady not far behind. They are trying to invent a new generation of hype..and Carr is part of the propaganda. He's a good young QB...but has sucked shit in the 4th quarter. Raiders are improving...they might reach 8-8 this year. They arent nearly as promising as the hype machine is portraying them...a few years away.

They are going to live and die by the 2015-2017 drafts...Carr and Mack are going to get $$. That means all these aging, stop-gap vets will be gone and the money used to land them will no longer be available when they leave.

Del Douchebag isn't a top-tier HC coach either....which will come into play against better competition.

MMXcalibur
08-02-2016, 11:42 PM
Raiders "glory" = 8-8

EDIT: Guess I'm one post too late...

Pasta Little Brioni
08-02-2016, 11:53 PM
Denver is going to be Soooo bad this year. The cheap pile high air gets them a couple games though.

ThaVirus
08-03-2016, 12:19 AM
Our games would be boring AF to someone who wasn't a fan or didn't like defense

RealSNR
08-03-2016, 12:19 AM
Queef fans are the only ones who are afraid to admit the Raiders are going to be a threat this year.
You say that every fucking year, and every fucking year your team snorts goat shit

ThaVirus
08-03-2016, 12:21 AM
Defense is stifling but the offense is like death by a thousand cuts. Most games it seems like we're neck and neck until suddenly you look up at the scoreboard in the 4th quarter and we've somehow got a two-score lead.

rico
08-03-2016, 12:28 AM
Cowherd is a steaming pile of rancid dog vomit.

Anyone who watching his shows should be sterilized to improved the world's genetic pool.

LMAO I am surprised this thread made it to page 2 before these types of responses emerged.

listopencil
08-03-2016, 02:37 AM
Not Talent Hack

Coochie liquor
08-03-2016, 03:59 AM

Here's my Raiders 3 words

No playoffs again

Or

Can't win nine

Or

Final resting place

Or

Dumb ass fans

Kman34
08-03-2016, 06:18 AM

No playoffs again

Or

Can't win nine

Or

Final resting place

Or

Dumb ass fans

Al is dead.....

InChiefsHeaven
08-03-2016, 06:32 AM

No playoffs again

Or

Can't win nine

Or

Final resting place

Or

Dumb ass fans

To be fair, dumbass is really one word...I think anyway...meh, whatever...

displacedinMN
08-03-2016, 07:08 AM
F*** Cowhead

Go Hawkeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm ok with boring as long as it wins games.

Pablo
08-03-2016, 07:14 AM
He didn't go with 'Alex Smith Sucks'?

Tombstone RJ
08-03-2016, 07:36 AM
Colin Cowterd is never right about the Broncos...

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Honestly I dont see the appeal of the shirt, maybe its the adult in me, but it takes a special kind of person to proudly wear that around in public.

I kinda thought the same thing. If your semen is red....you might want to get that checked out.

In58men
08-03-2016, 07:40 AM
Not sure why most people are sleeping on Raiders. They put together some nice weapons on offense and their defense looks solid. Gotta give them credit, they are headed in the right direction.

OctoberFart
08-03-2016, 07:49 AM
You say that every ****ing year, and every ****ing year your team snorts goat shit

I don't say that every year. This is the first year in a long time I have said I think they are going to the playoffs and challenging Denver for the Division.

nychief
08-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Colin: nobody watches fox

BleedingRed
08-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Not sure why most people are sleeping on Raiders. They put together some nice weapons on offense and their defense looks solid. Gotta give them credit, they are headed in the right direction.

Two letters........... HC aka Head Coach

BleedingRed
08-03-2016, 08:31 AM
I don't say that every year. This is the first year in a long time I have said I think they are going to the playoffs and challenging Denver for the Division.

See this is how I know you have no knowledge of football... You would be challenging the CHIEFS for the division.. Lmao about Denver.

KChiefs1
08-03-2016, 08:50 AM
Cowturd = Boring and Ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 09:03 AM
By "glory"..he means winning 8 games.

The NFL is worried with Manning retiring and Brees/Brady not far behind. They are trying to invent a new generation of hype..and Carr is part of the propaganda. He's a good young QB...but has sucked shit in the 4th quarter. Raiders are improving...they might reach 8-8 this year. They arent nearly as promising as the hype machine is portraying them...a few years away.

They are going to live and die by the 2015-2017 drafts...Carr and Mack are going to get $$. That means all these aging, stop-gap vets will be gone and the money used to land them will no longer be available when they leave.

Del Douchebag isn't a top-tier HC coach either....which will come into play against better competition.

Sometimes, you are just flat out batshit crazy. Is everything a conspiracy?

Curious... who are the legit QBs in the league that are not league manufactured? Same for NFL teams... which teams are, for a lack of a better way of putting it, winning purely without or in spite of league assistance?

BleedingRed
08-03-2016, 09:16 AM

Curious... who are the legit QBs in the league that are not league manufactured? Same for NFL teams... which teams are, for a lack of a better way of putting it, winning purely without or in spite of league assistance?

He has a point tho.... For instance Andrew Luck, wtf has he done?

Meanwhile Russel Wilson somehow isn't on the same level as Luck.

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 09:21 AM
He has a point tho.... For instance Andrew Luck, wtf has he done?

Meanwhile Russel Wilson somehow isn't on the same level as Luck.

According to whom? I guess I missed all this no love for Wilson. Carr is a guy with a nice entry into the league and what looks to be a very solid future. Is the league pimping Ryan and Dalton as the next great things? I don't think so and you might have a better argument there.

If Carr were in KC, you kids would be ecstatic about his potential and production so far. Is he a top 15 QB now? Probably.

BleedingRed
08-03-2016, 09:24 AM
According to whom? I guess I missed all this no love for Wilson. Carr is a guy with a nice entry into the league and what looks to be a very solid future. Is the league pimping Ryan and Dalton as the next great things? I don't think so and you might have a better argument there.

If Carr were in KC, you kids would be ecstatic about his potential and production so far. Is he a top 15 QB now? Probably.

Yeah see that is who Carr is... Matt Ryan/Andy Dalton

Tombstone RJ
08-03-2016, 09:34 AM

No doubt. Had KC drafted Carr the fans would be so ecstatic that you'd have to tie their hands behind their backs so they'd stop posting hype about Carr on CP. it'd be the 4th of July and New Years fireworks every day on the planet.

BlackHelicopters
08-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Cowherd swallows semen.

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 10:58 AM

Please explain what 7-9 Oakland has done to warrant all this NFL off-season hype? Mack? Signed S. Smith? Signed a guard?

KC went 11-1 to end the season and signed the #1 RT in the league, routed Denver in their house...won 30-0 in a road play-off game...yet there isn't a peep in the national press.

Flip the narrative here...Oakland goes 11-1 to end the season..and the 7-9 Chiefs are suddenly the darlings of the AFC.

Mack is getting all this hype..yet when Houston had 22 sacks, they barely mentioned him. This is a fact..not conspiracy.

I dont care what the national media says...I trust my eyes. It just worries me that this is a top-down directive from NFL corporate.

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 11:03 AM
Yeah see that is who Carr is... Matt Ryan/Andy Dalton

Carr is entering his 3rd season, Dalton is entering his 6th and Ryan his 9th.

Carr threw for 32 TDs last year. It took Ryan twice as long to do that and Dalton hit 33 in his 3rd season. Neither Ryan, nor Dalton has risen to the challenge when it matters most. They still have time to do great things, but people begin to wonder "when", much like Rivers.

Carr on the other hand, came out with a young team and lots of issues and really did some good stuff in his sophomore season. I'm not suggesting his the next Top 5 QB, but compared to those other 2 ... you're suggesting Carr is already at their level, which says more about them than him.

I think Carr and that OAK offense has a lot of upside, we'll see if the Raiders screw it up.

Eureka
08-03-2016, 11:03 AM
No doubt. Had KC drafted Carr the fans would be so ecstatic that you'd have to tie their hands behind their backs so they'd stop posting hype about Carr on CP. it'd be the 4th of July and New Years fireworks every day on the planet.

Well he was a 2nd rd draft pick so he could've been a Chief.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 11:13 AM
Carr: statwhore collapse underpressure

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 11:18 AM
Please explain what 7-9 Oakland has done to warrant all this NFL off-season hype? Mack? Signed S. Smith? Signed a guard?

KC went 11-1 to end the season and signed the #1 RT in the league, routed Denver in their house...won 30-0 in a road play-off game...yet there isn't a peep in the national press.

Flip the narrative here...Oakland goes 11-1 to end the season..and the 7-9 Chiefs are suddenly the darlings of the AFC.

Mack is getting all this hype..yet when Houston had 22 sacks, they barely mentioned him. This is a fact..not conspiracy.

I dont care what the national media says...I trust my eyes. It just worries me that this is a top-down directive for NFL corporate.

I think you're making more of it than there is... the Raiders are one of those storied franchises that has been dormant in a suck cocoon for years. Any sign of light gets folks excited. Sure, you guys hate 'em, but the Raiders being good is good for the league - they have a pretty big fanbase and a long history. Like it or not.

So, KC tripped on their dick to start last season, losing to some big teams and began winning when the schedule got easier and some 2nd/3rd tier QBs were starting for the other teams. Yes, they nearly put Manning in a retirement home, and they throttled a 9-7 Texans team on the road...

... and then they went to NE and did what many expected. Score was 6-21 midway in the 3rd, then 13-27 midway in the 4th... never really in doubt.

I think most were excited about KC breaking their streak. Not sure what you would expect, but most are saying that KC is the team to beat and the likely Division winner this season.

I'm kinda surprised a movement to relocate the franchise to Houston hasn't started yet. Did you realize that KC has more playoff wins in Houston (3) than they do in KC (2)... that's 33% of your franchise playoff wins (9) in the city of Houston.

Sorry --- veered off into rabbit hole there.

KC sputtered out of the gate and got back on track against some lame QBs and 6 of 10 at home... before crushing a 9 win Texans team and losing to the Bradys. Claim to fame this offseason is a big name RT and renewed hope?

I dunno, kinda seems like more of the same that happens with KC. Oakland didn't advance and they didn't have as many wins, but they may tick a little higher on the excitement scale.

Just my $.02

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Carr: statwhore collapse underpressure

Well, we know Alex isn't a statwhore.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 11:25 AM
You guys REEEALLY need to pay attention to games instead of going off fantasy stats. Exhibit A why you miss Manning ten fold.

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 11:26 AM
You guys REEEALLY need to pay attention to games instead of going off fantasy stats. Exhibit A why you miss Manning ten fold.

Says the man that started this thing...

My comments are never influenced by fantasy stats. What's the first game that comes to mind when I ask you...

"Name the game when KC won because Alex Smith put the team on his back and carried them."

Go.

Pasta Little Brioni
I think you're making more of it than there is... the Raiders are one of those storied franchises that has been dormant in a suck cocoon for years. Any sign of light gets folks excited. Sure, you guys hate 'em, but the Raiders being good is good for the league - they have a pretty big fanbase and a long history. Like it or not.

So, KC tripped on their dick to start last season, losing to some big teams and began winning when the schedule got easier and some 2nd/3rd tier QBs were starting for the other teams. Yes, they nearly put Manning in a retirement home, and they throttled a 9-7 Texans team on the road...

... and then they went to NE and did what many expected. Score was 6-21 midway in the 3rd, then 13-27 midway in the 4th... never really in doubt.

I think most were excited about KC breaking their streak. Not sure what you would expect, but most are saying that KC is the team to beat and the likely Division winner this season.

I'm kinda surprised a movement to relocate the franchise to Houston hasn't started yet. Did you realize that KC has more playoff wins in Houston (3) than they do in KC (2)... that's 33% of your franchise playoff wins (9) in the city of Houston.

Sorry --- veered off into rabbit hole there.

KC sputtered out of the gate and got back on track against some lame QBs and 6 of 10 at home... before crushing a 9 win Texans team and losing to the Bradys. Claim to fame this offseason is a big name RT and renewed hope?

I dunno, kinda seems like more of the same that happens with KC. Oakland didn't advance and they didn't have as many wins, but they may tick a little higher on the excitement scale.

Just my $.02

You are one very passive aggressive MULE TOOL I will say that

TEX
I'll take GOOD ANY DAY, even if it's boring.

TEX
08-03-2016, 11:28 AM
You are one very passive aggressive troll I will say that

MULE TOOL - not Troll. He's been here forever and has his act down pat. :rolleyes:

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 11:29 AM
MULE TOOL - not Troll. He's been here forever and perfected the art. :rolleyes:

Edited sir!!!

PunkinDrublic
08-03-2016, 11:34 AM

You sounded more convincing when you said that the last couple of years.

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Pasta and Tex --- there was no passive aggressive with that post. That's the problem with some of you. I do my best to be cordial around here and not just flame away on every post. So, when I do throw the verbal jab, it's as if I've broken some handshake agreement that we made where I wouldn't speak poorly of KC.

Call it whatever you like, but when I'm replying to Blacktop... I tend to jab more.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 11:47 AM
That post is the definition of PA ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 11:48 AM
and went to NE and did what many expected :rolleyes:

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 11:48 AM
You are one very passive aggressive MULE TOOL I will say that

Shit..I've known that for a long time. Dont let his underhanded compliments fool you..he's a donko-tard through and through. NoShow isn't clever enough to veil his insults..

Like his evaluation of the Patriots game..while conveniently leaving out the injuries to Maclin, Houston and Ware.

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Shit..I've known that for a long time. Dont let his underhanded compliments fool you..he's a donko-tard through and through. NoShow isn't clever enough to veil his insults..

Like his evaluation of the Patriots game..while conveniently leaving out the injuries to Maclin, Houston and Ware.

Hell, man... you have an injury excuse for every loss. Every team faces injury concerns throughout the year. I hope Houston doesn't miss time to start the year, otherwise, you're safe ... you have the excuse down solid.

And, you wanna know how I know when I've made a point you cannot refute... people revert to the PA deal. So, thank you.

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 12:02 PM
and went to NE and did what many expected :rolleyes:

You type that as if the expectations by most were different. Pats were favorites, shocker... they rarely lose in NE during the playoffs. So, I ask you... did most not expect KC to lose?

Rain Man
08-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Here are my lifetime three words for each franchise, starting with the NFC East:

Dallas: Jerry Jones' ego

Washington: Overpaying free agents

Philadelphia: Fans in fights

NY Giants: Lawrence Taylor hookers

Rain Man
08-03-2016, 12:06 PM
Miami: Prancing in aquamarine

New England: Cheat to win

NY Jets: Irrelevant since Namath

Buffalo: Halfback kills people

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 12:06 PM
Crisco

salarycap

PapaBudweiser

RealSNR
08-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Says the man that started this thing...

My comments are never influenced by fantasy stats. What's the first game that comes to mind when I ask you...

"Name the game when KC won because Alex Smith put the team on his back and carried them."

Go.

The game in 2014 when Chase Daniel beat San Diego :D

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 12:14 PM
And, you wanna know how I know when I've made a point you cannot refute... people revert to the PA deal. So, thank you.

I'm trying to remember you ever making point that couldn't be refuted...

Was it the time you refused to admit Elway/Davis cheated the cap?..because poor, broke Bowlen couldn't, with all his business connections, muster an extra $10 million for a $700 million dollar stadium?

Rain Man
08-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Chicago: Devin Hester Hester

Minnesota: Gary Anderson missed

Green Bay: Stop talking Favre

Detroit: Forgot they existed

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 12:20 PM
I'm trying to remember you ever making point that couldn't be refuted...

Was it the time you refused to admit Elway/Davis cheated the cap?..because poor, broke Bowlen couldn't, with all his business connections, muster an extra $10 million for a $700 million dollar stadium?

Ha... I believe that I recall taking the stance held by the league. And, I'm pretty sure I stayed consistent with something I always say "if they were found to be cheating, then hit them with penalties".

It was more of a cash flow issue if I recall correctly. It's not like they were paying either guy X amount and then another Y amount totally off the books. You may recall the details better than me because I haven't thought about it in forever.

Question ... I don't pay attention to name changes, what was your ID before Blackop?

Rain Man
08-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Baltimore: Linebacker murdered people

Cleveland: Brothers in pain

Cincinnati: Burfict the goat

Pittsburgh: Whole team suspended

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Ha... I believe that I recall taking the stance held by the league.

It was more of a cash flow issue if I recall correctly.

You mean the League that had to concoct a ridiculous PR cover-story....to avoid the blow-back that a SB team/Elway cheated to get there?

The cash-flow issue was Davis was going to leave...and they couldn't afford him. It's not a coincidence the the "cash-flow problem" coincided in a contract year.

AL Davis will always have a special place in my heart...for tightening the screws on those cheating mother****ers..

staylor26
08-03-2016, 12:35 PM
MHM is definitely passive aggressive.

Trying to discredit a win streak when we beat the SB champs in their house, Steelers (I don't care if Big Ben was out, they beat the Cards the week before, Bell was healthy, Bryant played, and Maclin was out), Buffalo (Alex Smith's "put us on his back" game that he's asking for), and swept the Raiders and Chargers.

Not to mention we were without Houston for 6 of those games.

Go **** yourself.

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 12:43 PM
MHM is definitely passive aggressive.

Trying to discredit a win streak when we beat the SB champs in their house, Steelers (I don't care if Big Ben was out, they beat the Cards the week before, Bell was healthy, Bryant played, and Maclin was out), Buffalo (Alex Smith's "put us on his back" game that he's asking for), and swept the Raiders and Chargers.

Not to mention we were without Houston for 6 of those games.

Go **** yourself.

Beating a team like PIT without a guy like Ben has to matter... ESP when you close your remark with the note about Houston. You can't say one doesn't matter and then post that.

And, don't get butthurt over the comments about the win streak ... again, keep in mind that I was exchanging barbs with a very spirited poster. Anything good is typically discredited when it comes to Denver, and yes I know this is a Chiefs site... but, still doesn't mean I can't sling some stones that way. Maybe you need to find a safe place. :-)

Rain Man
08-03-2016, 12:52 PM
Atlanta: Gonzalez playoff win

Carolina: Threw the game

New Orleans: Carry a gun

Tampa: Creamsicle trumps pewter

Rain Man
08-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Houston: Not real Texans

Indianapolis: Gives Broncos quarterbacks

Jacksonville: Exuberant NFL overexpansion

Tennessee: Still the Oilers

staylor26
08-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Beating a team like PIT without a guy like Ben has to matter... ESP when you close your remark with the note about Houston. You can't say one doesn't matter and then post that.

And, don't get butthurt over the comments about the win streak ... again, keep in mind that I was exchanging barbs with a very spirited poster. Anything good is typically discredited when it comes to Denver, and yes I know this is a Chiefs site... but, still doesn't mean I can't sling some stones that way. Maybe you need to find a safe place. :-)

Outside of Big Ben, they pretty much had their entire team. They had just beat the second best team in the NFC the week before with Jones at QB.

Like I said, we also didn't have Maclin, our offensive MVP.

Was it the same as beating them with Big Ben? Obviously not. That still doesn't mean it wasn't a quality win.

Rain Man
08-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Arizona: Hopi for playoffs

San Francisco: Crumbled quarterback civilization

Seattle: Stop talking, Sherman

Los Angeles: Half-empty stadium again

staylor26
08-03-2016, 01:00 PM
You also obviously didn't watch that Pats game because the Chiefs had the momentum and were driving till Davis fumbled.

We were down 7 and Brady almost threw a pick right to Tamba late in the 4th. He could've scored.

We weren't out of that game till the very end.

Rain Man
08-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Kansas City: 1969 World Champions

Denver: Cesspool of corruption

Oakland: Just regular cesspool

San Diego: Tijuana provides HGH

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Patriots - Cheating Every Week

Bills: Kelly, Reed, Thomas

Jets - New York Least

Dolphins - Incognito Offensive Lines

Bengals - The Media Champs

Steelers - Super Bowl 51

Ravens - Kills Super Bowls

Browns - Give up already

Texans - Denver South Containment

Colts - Drunk ass owner

Jaguars - You're still here?

Titans - Moving someplace else

Broncos - World Champion Broncos

Chiefs - My kid brother

Raiders - Del Rio sucks

Chargers - Grinding in place

Washington - Decimated popular franchise

Giants - Proven Patriot Killer

Eagles - Quart Money roster

Cowboys - Broke Back Romo

Vikings - Always play outdoors

Packers - Over Inflated Balls

Lions - Beware of Dog

Bears - 19 85 Bears

Panthers - Not good enough

Falcons - Matty still sucks

Buccaneers - Lame as ever

Saints - Shorty Drew Brees

Cardinals - Waterless dry heat

Seahawks - Formerly AFC West

Rams - you don't matter

49ers - Chip Kelly Blows

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 01:15 PM
You also obviously didn't watch that Pats game because the Chiefs had the momentum and were driving till Davis fumbled.

We were down 7 and Brady almost threw a pick right to Tamba late in the 4th. He could've scored.

We weren't out of that game till the very end.

I watched it... fumbles and injuries, that's the mantra -- every game that's lost.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 01:18 PM
I watched it... fumbles and injuries, that's the mantra -- every game that's lost.

JFC you're acting like we had no shot to win it when we did without Houston, Maclin, Ware, Charles, LDT, Morse, and West. Not to mention a hobbled/one handed Hali.

We're not talking just a couple injuries here. Those guys are easily a 7 point swing.

I guess the Broncos would've been just fine against the Pats without Thomas, Miller, Anderson, Hillman, Mathis and whoever the **** your center was?

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 01:24 PM
I guess the Broncos would've been just fine against the Pats without Thomas, Miller, Anderson, Hillman, Mathis and whoever the **** your center was?

The only reason they won 22-20 was because the NE kicker missed his first extra-point in years...take that list of players of their roster and they would have been smoked.

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 01:30 PM
The only reason they won 22-20 was because the NE kicker missed his first extra-point in years...take that list of players of their roster and they would have been smoked.

Not true, the NFL is rigged ... the championship was pre-determined. You've said it a million times.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 01:31 PM
For the record, I'm not making excuses as much as pointing out how ridiculous it sounds to use the Pats game as some kind of proof that our win streak was a fluke.

That's bullshit. The fact that we had our chances to win that game despite all the injuries is proof enough that we were legit.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 01:32 PM
For the record, I'm not making excuses as much as pointing out how ridiculous it sounds to use the Pats game as some kind of proof that our win streak was a fluke.

That's bullshit. The fact that we had our chances to win that game despite all the injuries is proof enough that we were legit.

There is no shame in losing to the Pats on the road in the playoffs

TEX
08-03-2016, 01:32 PM
You mean the League that had to concoct a ridiculous PR cover-story....to avoid the blow-back that a SB team/Elway cheated to get there?

The cash-flow issue was Davis was going to leave...and they couldn't afford him. It's not a coincidence the the "cash-flow problem" coincided in a contract year.

AL Davis will always have a special place in my heart...for tightening the screws on those cheating mother****ers..

TWICE!

staylor26
08-03-2016, 01:40 PM
There is no shame in losing to the Pats on the road in the playoffs

Agreed. All things considered I was actually proud that we continued to fight.

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Not true, the NFL is rigged ... the championship was pre-determined. You've said it a million times.

After dropped passes, INTs, suspect officiating, missed extra points...and a historical record of 11 games decided by 7 or fewer points while also having the lowest rated QBs in SB history. It starts to, extremely, go against the normal flow of a season...luck evens out...but when Newton refuses to even attempt to recover a fumble in a tight SB game...it becomes VERY suspect. It was the perfect storm of all perfect storms...which coincided with the 50th SB and Manning's farewell. Every conceivable break went in their favor...

Follow the money...always.

Bettis and Lewis went out champs too....Bettis, on the worst officiated game in modern history. Lewis..the lights magically went out.

rico
08-03-2016, 04:31 PM
He didn't go with 'Alex Smith Sucks'?

That's the name of my fantasy football league. "The Alex Smith Sucks League."

Rasputin
08-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Chiefs~ Insert49er quarterback here

rico
08-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Chiefs~ Insert49er quarterback here

LMAO That's perfect! "Retread 49er Quarterbacks."

The Bad Guy
08-03-2016, 08:59 PM

Rinse and repeat with your bullshit.

Chiefshrink
08-03-2016, 11:23 PM

This offense will be anything but boring this year and quite frankly from game 7 on last year it was very entertaining.