PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Thinking of getting rid of cable - cutting the cord

chiefzilla1501
08-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Anyone have suggestions for how to do it?

I was thinking something like....

Roku (Any add-on channels I should add beyond basic? Is there a cost?)
Hulu
HBO Go
HD antenna for regular channels

Deberg_1990
08-03-2016, 06:30 PM
This might help

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271843&highlight=cutting+cable

The Franchise
08-03-2016, 06:30 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271843

OldSchool
08-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Everything you want to watch on cable is available via the internet anyways.

BWillie
08-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Any idea how to get the Kansas games on Time Warner Cable Network channel with out having cable, you let me know.

BWillie
08-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Everything you want to watch on cable is available via the internet anyways.

Yeah, but you still have to have a cable or satellite subscription to use alot of the internet streaming services for ESPN, FOX SPORTS, etc. I could never cut cable or satellite. I watch too much sports. If I wasn't a sports fan, it would make alot of sense to do the netflix, amazon, roku box thing.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 06:57 PM
The only issue is watching some live sports. For me its mostly English Premier League. Cant watch Hockey or Nuggets basketball...but you can get your local NFL games over HD antenna. Been cord free for over a year.

chiefzilla1501
08-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Yeah, but you still have to have a cable or satellite subscription to use alot of the internet streaming services for ESPN, FOX SPORTS, etc. I could never cut cable or satellite. I watch too much sports. If I wasn't a sports fan, it would make alot of sense to do the netflix, amazon, roku box thing.

Yeah, live sports not on ESPN was one of my biggest hang-ups. I think I'll just hit up bars more.

OldSchool
08-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Yeah, live sports not on ESPN was one of my biggest hang-ups. I think I'll just hit up bars more.

I'm sure there are internet streaming packages for most of the major sports if you don't want to deal with the grainy feeds of the free ones.

hometeam
08-03-2016, 07:46 PM
do it. I dont miss a single thing, and I pay zero.

No grainy feeds. No BS. everything is available. Local tv stations via antenna to boot. Huge thread on this.

Fat Elvis
08-03-2016, 07:54 PM
It is HBO Now (not Go) for the cord cutters.

We're never around to watch live TV anyway so we cut the cord right around Christmas. I don't miss it, but the wife misses a couple of (political) shows. Everything shows up on Netflix, Hulu or HBO Now asap so we're pretty much still watching the same thing only paying a lot less for it. I'm thinking about getting the NFL Game Pass (or whatever it is called). I'm usually not home for the games and watch them on a DVR before we cut the cord; Game Pass would let me watch all the games.

BryanBusby
08-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Any idea how to get the Kansas games on Time Warner Cable Network channel with out having cable, you let me know.

Sportsdevil

Chief Pagan
08-03-2016, 09:47 PM
The only issue is watching some live sports. For me its mostly English Premier League. Cant watch Hockey or Nuggets basketball...but you can get your local NFL games over HD antenna. Been cord free for over a year.

Yes. Of the 3, day games on Sundays, I get Raiders and 49ers in beautiful HD quality. Hooray!

And what really bites is the entire country will be getting the late "national" game except a small pocket showing Raiders or 49ers (because their home games are never the early game)

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 10:40 PM
Sling will take care of having espn, tnt, tbs, and a bunch of other channels.