PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We wanted Paxton Lynch

CanadaKC
08-03-2016, 08:59 PM
…this is probably old news here…but Lee Steinberg was on sports radio today saying how the Chiefs were scrambling to move up to get him, only to be outdone by the Broncos. We were actually thinking of drafting a QBOTF? Here's hoping we actually win one of these "trade up" scenarios and steal the player, rather than the enemy stealing him.

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 09:02 PM
…this is probably old news here…but Lee Steinberg was on sports radio today saying how the Chiefs were scrambling to move up to get him, only to be outdone by the Broncos. We were actually thinking of drafting a QBOTF? Here's hoping we actually win one of these "trade up" scenarios and steal the player, rather than the enemy stealing him.

There is a lot of evidence that suggests they were simply baiting Elway...they knew he was desperate for a QB. Reid likes smart QBs...it's why he went after Smith...and drafted Murray/Hogan. Lynch doesn't appear to be very bright... and never played under center. I call horse-shit.

They took a flyer on Bray...because he was essentially free.

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Yeah, there were comments about this back in April.

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 09:04 PM
There is a lot of evidence that they were simply baiting Elway...they knew he was desperate for a QB.

ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-03-2016, 09:08 PM
he's a stud

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 09:10 PM
ROFL

What about Lynch makes you think he would excel in Reid's very complicated version of the WC? Explain?

That he's tall?..or has a strong arm? or he's dumb as dirt?

They already have that in Bray...and he has a better arm.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 09:17 PM
From everything I have heard, Denver got desperate and moved up. KC was not interested in anything other than baiting them into pissing picks away.

CanadaKC
08-03-2016, 09:17 PM
thanks for clarifying that for me….that was the first I heard of it

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 09:18 PM
he's a stud

He's a poor man's Tyler Bray dude and that's sad

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 09:19 PM

No problem, glad to have straightened that lie out.

Rain Man
08-03-2016, 09:21 PM
There is a lot of evidence that suggests they were simply baiting Elway...they knew he was desperate for a QB. Reid likes smart QBs...it's why he went after Smith...and drafted Murray/Hogan. Lynch doesn't appear to be very bright... and never played under center. I call horse-shit.

They took a flyer on Bray...because he was essentially free.

It was a brilliant move by Dorsey. He made Denver overpay for a bust.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 09:23 PM

A bunch of analysts were saying that the Chiefs were trying to get him. Dorsey denied it in a press conference. Why would the press ask that question? We'll never know for sure. There is a thread about it.

staylor26
We've been over this 100 times.

Peter King, one of the most reliable in the business, reported that we were talking trade down with the Cowboys, who were looking to trade up for Lynch. To be more specific, WE called them.

When you have your eyes on a QB, and he's your guy, you are all in. That was obviously not the case whether there was some interest there or not.

stumppy
You just shut your trap blasphemer. Everyone knows the Chiefs will never fall for that old draft a QB in the first round trick again.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 09:27 PM
We've been over this 100 times.

Peter King, one of the most reliable in the business, reported that we were talking trade down with the Cowboys, who were looking to trade up for Lynch. To be more specific, WE called them.

When you have your eyes on a QB, and he's your guy, you are all in. That was obviously not the case whether there was some interest there or not.

Or they couldn't find a trade partner.

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 09:28 PM
It was a brilliant move by Dorsey. He made Denver overpay for a bust.

I guess MileHighMania would like to believe that KC brass was oblivious to Elway's situation..with Manning gone/Brock leaving...knowing Lynch was still on the board. They would never set-up a division rival like that...as I've said about their fan base...they like to play pretend a lot.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Or they couldn't find a trade partner.

We called the Cowboys to see if they wanted to trade down if Lynch fell to us.

That means we were considering trading down even with him on the board at 28.

Buns
08-03-2016, 09:32 PM
If the broncos wouldn't have traded up, the 49ers would've taken him in the trade they did with KC.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 09:34 PM
We called the Cowboys to see if they wanted to trade down if Lynch fell to us.

That means we were considering trading down even with him on the board at 28.

So, if we truly wanted him, that makes zero sense.

I am not sure that actually happened, but that doesnt mean the Chiefs werent going to draft him or wanted him. If Steinberg says the Chiefs wanted him, I believe it.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 09:36 PM
I am not sure that actually happened, but that doesnt mean the Chiefs werent going to draft him or wanted him. If Steinberg says the Chiefs wanted him, I believe it.

It did and i told you morons that months ago. That doofus doesn't even fit the damn offense at all. Too dumb, no footwork or accuracy

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 09:36 PM
If the broncos wouldn't have traded up, the 49ers would've taken him in the trade they did with KC.

Your trade out didnt happen until Lynch was off the board.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 09:37 PM
It did and i told you morons that months ago

Yeah...sure...but you spout off that the league is fixed anyway. So who believes you know anything?

rico
08-03-2016, 09:38 PM
I'm glad we didn't get him. He reminds me of some doofus who spends a lot of time loitering in small town gas station parking lots.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Amazing how delusional a fake win makes a fanbase

staylor26
08-03-2016, 09:39 PM

Lol you're not sure that actually happened?

It was from Peter King who actually spent draft day with the Cowboys in their war room. So it's not even up for debate.

Steinberg is obviously basing this off of the conflicting reports that said otherwise.

King >>> Steinberg and everybody else that said otherwise based on he said she said

Garcia Bronco
Amazing how delusional a fake win makes a fanbase

See what I mean? You think its all fixed. If thats the case then how could Dorsey dup anyone? It was all part of the plan.

Buns
Your trade out didnt happen until Lynch was off the board.

Regardless, they would've have traded the pick if he was there.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Lol you're not sure that actually happened?

It was from Peter King who actually spent draft day with the Cowboys in their war room. So it's not even up for debate.

Steinberg is obviously basing thing off of the conflicting reports that said otherwise.

King >>> Steinberg

King is a media personality that is frequently wrong. Steinberg is a lawyer in the agent business. Sorry.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 09:41 PM
See what I mean? You think its all fixed. If thats the case then how could Dorsey dup anyone? It was all part of the plan.

Slanted does not mean a complete fix. Have you even watched an nfl season the last couple decades???

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 09:41 PM
KC had their eye on Jones...which is consistent with how Dorsey drafts. They were never interested in Lynch..he doesn't fit the mold. They hand picked Murray/Hogan because they played in a pro system and are very smart...similar make-up to Smith. Accurate, heady QBs.

I know recognizing patterns is hard for Donko-tards..but trust me..there is one.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Regardless, they would've have traded the pick if he was there.

We'll never know for sure.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 09:42 PM
King is a media personality that is frequently wrong. Steinberg is a lawyer in the agent business. Sorry.

What kind of retard would believe an agent?

staylor26
08-03-2016, 09:43 PM

You've got to be kidding me. Peter King isn't reliable?

We're not talking about a guy that is claiming sources. King was in the ****ing war room when we called. He had an entire MMQB article about his day in the war room and this was just one of many tidbits. Do you think the Cowboys would allow him to have that kind of access if he just lies about whatever he wants after?

Like I said, this isn't even up for debate.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Slanted does not mean a complete fix. Have you even watched an nfl season the last couple decades???

Whatever Black ops. Everyone has read your posts about the league being the WWF.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Taking an agents word as gospel OMG ROFL ROFL ROFL patriotard level Homer

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 09:45 PM
You've got to be kidding me. Peter King isn't reliable?

We're not talking about a guy that is claiming sources. King was in the ****ing war room when we called. He had an entire MMQB article about his day in the war room and this was just one of many tidbits.

Like I said, this isn't even up for debate.

Hes not. Hes a media personality. Hes not a journalist.

Pasta Little Brioni
Whatever Black ops. Everyone has read your posts about the league being the WWF.

If you interpret it that way i feel sorry for you

Deberg_1990
Would have liked to have had him but oh well. Move on......

Not alot of successful QBs have been picked in the later part of round 1. Lots of busts picked there.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 09:46 PM
If you interpret it that way i feel sorry for you

Ah you dont have to do that. Broncos are the champs.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Would have liked to have had him but oh well. Move on......

Not alot of successful QBs have been picked in the later part of round 1. Lots of busts picked there.

Hes a total project and I agree he comes off like a doofus. We'll if hes good in a couple of years.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Ah you dont have to do that. Broncos are the champs.

Of the PapaWeiser?? They sure didn't "earn a win".

staylor26
08-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Hes not. Hes a media personality. Hes not a journalist.

So you're telling me he wrote an entire article about his day in the Cowboys war room and just threw that little lie in there? For what? It was an insignificant part of the article, but it was straight from the source. Also, was the whole article a lie, or just that?

Saying Peter King isn't reliable is like saying Adam Schefter isn't reliable. Absolutely absurd. Are they wrong every now and then? Yes. Are they right a lot more often than not, with the best sources in the business? Yes.

We're not even talking sources here though. This was straight from the Cowboys war room.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2016, 09:49 PM
So you're telling me he wrote an entire article about his day in the Cowboys war room and just through that little lie in there? For what? It was an insignificant off of the article, but it was straight from the source. Also, was the whole article a lie, or just that?

Media personalities will lie about anything. Including Adam Schefner...he used to work for the Denver Post. I ve read plenty of his bullshit.

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 09:51 PM

If you think Vegas/mob wields no power..you live in shoe-box.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Media personalities will lie about anything. Including Adam Schefner...he used to work for the Denver Post. I ve read plenty of his bullshit.

I guess him spending the day in the Cowboys war room was all big lie. Wonder why Jerry Jones never called him out on it. No owner is going to give a guy all access like that only for him to lie about what he heard/saw.

Oh yea and lawyers/agents don't lie? LMAO

Your logic is extremely flawed.

Mr. Laz
08-03-2016, 09:55 PM
bullshit

RunKC
08-03-2016, 10:02 PM
I believe this is how it went down:

Lynch was one of a small list of players we had highly rated and liked. Didn't think this before, but I believe Treadwell was on the list as the primary target due to our suckitude at the position last year.

Once he was off the board we reached out to see what it would cost to move up for Lynch, but decided to move back and get the picks/Chris Jones. The lack of capital hurt us but the flexibility of having more picks in a deep draft was too good of an offer to pass up, especially with all the losses we had from the offseason.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 10:03 PM

Lynch was one of a small list of players we had highly rated and liked. Didn't think this before, but I believe Treadwell was on the list as the primary target due to our sickened at the position last year.

Once he was off the board we reached out to see what it would cost to move up for Lynch but decided to move back and get the picks/Chris Jones instead bc of the lack of capital as well as flexibility of having more picks in a deep draft.

So you're just going to completely ignore King's report too?

Also, if we wanted fucking Treadwell over Lynch (which I also don't believe), I'm extremely glad we didn't take him.

Like I said, when a QB is your guy, he's your guy. You don't have him ranked under a WR that runs in the 4.6's.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2016, 10:04 PM
What part of we weren't interested in him in the first don't people understand. Denver and Dallas were the only teams desperate enough to reach for him there.

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 10:05 PM

Lynch was one of a small list of players we had highly rated and liked. Didn't think this before, but I believe Treadwell was on the list as the primary target due to our suckitude at the position last year.

Once he was off the board we reached out to see what it would cost to move up for Lynch but decided to move back and get the picks/Chris Jones instead bc of the lack of capital as well as flexibility of having more picks in a deep draft.

I find it REALLY hard to believe that Dorsey was even remotely interested in moving up for a project QB...in draft where he lost picks. I think he was always planning on moving down..it's how he works. He's an ex-scout...and the draft board is his opportunity to play chess.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 10:07 PM
I find it really hard to believe that Dorsey was interested in moving up for a project QB...in draft where he lost picks. I think he was always planning out moving down..it's how he works.

Dorsey hadn't traded down once and did it twice with our first two picks.

It was very obvious he wanted more picks, not less.

Mr. Laz
08-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Everyone keeps trying to make Alex Smith some kind of stepping stone for the Chiefs.

He's not

Alex Smith is a no muss, no fuss QB who isn't going to cause Reid problems. That's what he wants.

Reid is an old coach who doesn't want a pain-in-the-ass QB on or off the field. Even if that means sacrificing some talent.

Andy Reid got his QB and he's fine with it ... get fucking used to it

Mile High Mania
08-03-2016, 10:17 PM
I guess MileHighMania would like to believe that KC brass was oblivious to Elway's situation..with Manning gone/Brock leaving...knowing Lynch was still on the board. They would never set-up a division rival like that...as I've said about their fan base...they like to play pretend a lot.

And you like to act as if everything Denver does was set up by KC or another team.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Everyone keeps trying to make Alex Smith some kind of stepping stone for the Chiefs.

He's not

Alex Smith is a no muss, no fuss QB who isn't going to cause Reid problems. That's what he wants.

Reid is an old coach who doesn't want a pain-in-the-ass QB on or off the field. Even if that means sacrificing some talent.

Andy Reid got his QB and he's fine with it ... get ****ing used to it

Just another reason I'm not buying the Lynch shit too.

We're still at least two years away from us going QB that early. They aren't going to do that with Alex.

RunKC
08-03-2016, 10:30 PM
I find it REALLY hard to believe that Dorsey was even remotely interested in moving up for a project QB...in draft where he lost picks. I think he was always planning on moving down..it's how he works. He's an ex-scout...and the draft board is his opportunity to play chess.

Chiefs didn't need Chris Jones, but he was a good value pick up for the future. We will most likely sign Poe and have our starters for the next 2 years at DL with Nick Williams/Roches behind them.

It makes all the sense in the world to have a QB like Lynch developing behind Alex for 2-3 years just like Rodgers. Alex is here for 3 more seasons on his contract. It's great timing.
It's also bullshit about "smart QB's". It is what it is...bullshit. McNabb got a 14 on the wonderlic. Vick was not smart at all.

Just bc the Chiefs talked to Dallas about trading down doesn't mean the Chiefs didn't call teams to discuss moving up for Lynch. That's most likely what happened. Dorsey called a team to ask what it would cost to move up for Lynch, the team told the media/Lynch's agent and that's where the rumor came from.

IMO if the Chiefs hadn't got ****ed by Roger, then we would have used our 3rd to trade up for Lynch with Dorsey's longtime friend, Seattle GM John Schneider, and then did the same trade down deal with our 2nd pick.

staylor26
08-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Chiefs didn't need Chris Jones, but he was a good value pick up for the future. We will most likely sign Poe and have our starters for the next 2 years at DL with Nick Williams/Roches behind them.

It makes all the sense in the world to have a QB like Lynch developing behind Alex for 2-3 years just like Rodgers. This bullshit about "smart QB's" is a show. It is what it is...bullshit. McNabb got a 14 on the wonderlic. Vick was not smart at all.

Just bc the Chiefs talked to Dallas about trading down doesn't mean the Chiefs didn't call teams to discuss moving up for Lynch. That's most likely what happened. Dorsey called a team to ask what it would cost to move up for Lynch, the team told the media/Lynch's agent and that's where the rumor came from.

IMO if the Chiefs hadn't got ****ed by Roger, then we would have used our 3rd to trade up for Lynch with Dorsey's longtime friend, Seattle GM John Schneider, and then did the same trade down deal with our 2nd pick.

What do you not get about the Dallas trade being contingent upon Lynch being there at 28?

Dorsey essentially called Dallas up to say "You can have Lynch if he makes it here, but we want a 3rd rounder."

Does it makes sense that he was also trying to trade up for Lynch knowing this?

Both of these more than likely aren't true. One we know from somebody who was in the actual war on when it happened with no reason to lie, the other is from an agent with a motive to lie. If both things happened, the most likely reason is Dorsey was sending smoke screens to get Elway to trade up.

CanadaKC
08-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Steinberg IS Lynch's agent…so there's that.

BlackOp
08-03-2016, 11:36 PM
What do you not get about the Dallas trade being contingent upon Lynch being there at 28?

Dorsey essentially called Dallas up to say "You can have Lynch if he makes it here, but we want a 3rd rounder."

Does it makes sense that he was also trying to trade up for Lynch knowing this?

Both of these more than likely aren't true. One we know from somebody who was in the actual war on when it happened with no reason to lie, the other is from an agent with a motive to lie. If both things happened, the most likely reason is Dorsey was sending smoke screens to get Elway to trade up.
Dont bother trying to explain cat-n-mouse strategy around here...people want believe that these old school NFL ****ers running the Chiefs are on the same experience level as they are ...typing from their living room. Elway got played out of desperation..and taken to the woodshed by a real GM.

Mile High Mania
08-04-2016, 03:40 AM
Dont bother trying to explain cat-n-mouse strategy around here...people want believe that these old school NFL ****ers running the Chiefs are on the same experience level as they are ...typing from their living room. Elway got played out of desperation..and taken to the woodshed by a real GM.

ROFL That's good stuff.

Chiefs=Champions
08-04-2016, 04:54 AM
This garcia guy is getting absolutely embarrassed in this thread. Suppose being a fan of a winning team doesn't make you smart, just lucky.

Quesadilla Joe
08-04-2016, 04:58 AM
Dorsey did nothing to influence Elway LMAO

Elway knew who he wanted and traded up to get him. Dorsey knew who he wanted and watched someone else draft him.

Chiefs=Champions
08-04-2016, 04:59 AM

Elway knew who he wanted and traded up to get him. Dorsey knew who he wanted and watched someone else draft him.

Not according to the most reliable source. Sorry bud. You win some and you lose some!

staylor26
08-04-2016, 06:03 AM

Oh look another idiot ignoring the facts. :rolleyes:

Frosty
08-04-2016, 07:20 AM
C'mon. If they were going to trade up, it would have been for a corner. When they were all gone, they traded down and took Jones. I can't see Dorsey using a bunch of picks, especially handicapped by the loss of the third, to try to get a QB that doesn't fit the system and would sit behind Alex for a couple of years.

BleedingRed
08-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Broncos trying to justify their pick lol

Mile High Mania
08-04-2016, 07:36 AM
I don't know what facts you're referring to and sure, I suppose the agent could be spinning a tale, but what's to be gained there? I dunno. I'm sure there were a few teams interested in jumping into the 20's to take him.

This notion that Dorsey was pulling strings to influence Denver's strategy is fun, but it's no more realistic than what the agent is saying, quite honestly.

And, the proof is in the pudding.. we'll see how it pans out and if Lynch turns out to be a solid starter, then Broncos fans can thank Dorsey at that time.

Fans on message boards like conspiracy theories and believing in this thought that their GM is better than most and they do all these wonderful teams to bolster their team, while sticking it to rivals. I get it.

Going into the draft, mocks were all over the place with here Lynch would fall. I made a comment here that if he fell into that mid 20s area, that would be where the Broncos would strike, if they really liked him. You can look it up in the thread, I recall someone quoting my comment with something in regards to "pretty much nailed what happened" after the fact.

Who knows if he's worth the pick, but that's what you do with QB prospects that you think have a shot of being starters - you make a move and you go get that guy. Whether he's a project or not.

Now, did Elway place some bets with Sanchez while he was hoping to craft a deal for Kaepernick? Yes, nothing in my soul tells me they genuinely wanted Sanchez - who would? But, he's there and they'll roll with it until Lynch shows he's ready or until Sanchez buttfumbles his way to the bench, which I can see happening going into week 5.

Red Dawg
08-04-2016, 07:46 AM
Lynch is a slow brained goofy dufus. Will suck and not amount to much.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-04-2016, 07:50 AM

Back in your cave junior. I told you what happened, so fuck off

O.city
08-04-2016, 07:52 AM
I'd imagine they were interested in him. They scouted him pretty hard all year iirc.

Interested enough to trade up for? Who knows.

Wildcat2005
08-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Weren't people on here saying the Chiefs were visiting Lynch's middle school coaches and stuff. Like they were going out of their way to find anyone who coached him at any level to gain intel.

Seems like a lot of smoke for a player that they apparently had 0 interest in.

Also why is Peter King the more reliable source than the agent?
Why would Peter King have a better understanding of the teams interested than the guy who was actually talking to those teams?
More over I am not sure what is to be gained from the agent just straight up lying.

I guess this is another conspiracy then?
Like how the NFL is rigged?
Lynch's agent wanted to start a rumor about Kansas City....just cause

BleedingRed
08-04-2016, 08:05 AM
Best part about Lynch is he has to play under center in Gary's offense.... This should be fun to watch

Mile High Mania
08-04-2016, 08:34 AM
It's all noise at this point... wasting time debating it. :Poke:rochambeau is all it is right now

BleedingRed
08-04-2016, 08:38 AM
It's all noise at this point... wasting time debating it. :Poke:rochambeau is all it is right now

Sure, then again Gary is not known for developing QB's either.

BlackOp
08-04-2016, 08:44 AM
Now, did Elway place some bets with Sanchez while he was hoping to craft a deal for Kaepernick? Yes, nothing in my soul tells me they genuinely wanted Sanchez - who would? But, he's there and they'll roll with it until Lynch shows he's ready or until Sanchez buttfumbles his way to the bench, which I can see happening going into week 5.

So you're, now, essentially repeating what I've been saying all off-season...that Elway botched this situation in a horrible way and the guy he traded for will likely be benched by game 5. He's been riding the "Manning influence" coat-tails for 4 years...the cracks in his "used car salesman shtick" are starting to show.

KC just signed a back-up that is better than anyone on the Broncos roster....

TomBarndtsTwin
08-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Who knows what the truth really is? Do you believe the lawyer/agent or the NFL Insider? Guess it depends which team you are a fan of.

But what is more likely, knowing Dorsey's track record?

1) The Chiefs were trying to trade up to get Lynch, a strong armed QB with questionable accuracy and shoddy footwork, who doesn't really fit Andy Reid's West Coast system?

OR

2) The Chiefs were doing their homework and due diligence on him hoping that someone would think the CHiefs were interested and instead trying to get someone to trade up and ultimately help them to acquire more picks in a deep draft, where they had already been screwed out of a 3rd round pick by the Commish?

Like someone else said, it's pointless to argue about it. We don't know for sure. And each fanbase is going to come down on the side that makes their team look best. But ask yourself which scenario is more likely true . . . . . .

Mile High Mania
08-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Sure, then again Gary is not known for developing QB's either.

He's known for calling the plays for some pretty good offenses... I'm not going to get into a stat debate. Anything he did as OC in Denver will be given to Shanahan, right or wrong. He navigated the post-Elway years with Griese and then Plummer. Jake turned out all right in that short term, but then those successes will be given to the RBs and Shanahan.

Houston was sporadic, but then again - they have been since becoming a team. He took over Houston in the final year of the Carr failure, they traded for Schaub. Schaub had a number of solid seasons, but they had the curse of being in IND's division. Flacco had his best season the year Kubiak was there.

So, to suggest the guy just sucks would be silly. Aside from Griese, this is the one true time he'll have to 'develop' a QB. We'll see how it goes.

BleedingRed
08-04-2016, 08:56 AM
He's known for calling the plays for some pretty good offenses... I'm not going to get into a stat debate. Anything he did as OC in Denver will be given to Shanahan, right or wrong. He navigated the post-Elway years with Griese and then Plummer. Jake turned out all right in that short term, but then those successes will be given to the RBs and Shanahan.

Houston was sporadic, but then again - they have been since becoming a team. He took over Houston in the final year of the Carr failure, they traded for Schaub. Schaub had a number of solid seasons, but they had the curse of being in IND's division. Flacco had his best season the year Kubiak was there.

So, to suggest the guy just sucks would be silly. Aside from Griese, this is the one true time he'll have to 'develop' a QB. We'll see how it goes.

I'm not saying his offensive system suck, predictable maybe... But, Gary is the reason Peyton didn't end up in Houston (Choose to stick with Shaub) its IRONY that he needed Peyton to win a SB.

What I'm saying is that Lynch could be good, I just don't think he is suited for Garys offense.

Mile High Mania
08-04-2016, 08:59 AM
So you're, now, essentially repeating what I've been saying all off-season...that Elway botched this situation in a horrible way and the guy he traded for will likely be benched by game 5. He's been riding the "Manning influence" coat-tails for 4 years...the cracks in his "used car salesman shtick" are starting to show.

KC just signed a back-up that is better than anyone on the Broncos roster....

Ha... no. I've never disagreed on the reasoning as to why they made the move to Sanchez. He was an extra poker chip, they lost that hand. They're far from going all-in and busting.

I've never once said they acquired Sanchez because they believed he was a possible starter in this offense short or long-term. And, it's hard to argue that players came to Denver to play with Manning as the Broncos were clearly in a 4 year 'SB or Bust' mode.

Never have I said it was all Elway. Elway made the moves, got the deals done. Losing Brock and Malik isn't going to erase the positives. What he does now with the team is what will define his legacy. You want to bury him after a few months post-Manning. I'm going to let it develop and see how it goes.

We are two extremes - you hate all that happens in Denver and mock it. Anything bad that happens is all their doing, anything good is because of outside help. Knowmo and others are on that far side that thinks he is Midas. I'm more center right... they have done a lot of great things, and even though there have been some stumbles, they'll keep things going in the right direction.

I've been a fan of this team since the early 80s... history says, I can be comfortable. We might experience some bumps in the road, and that's fine - hell it should be expected. The fun will be watching it develop.

Mile High Mania
08-04-2016, 09:00 AM
I'm not saying his offensive system suck, predictable maybe... But, Gary is the reason Peyton didn't end up in Houston (Choose to stick with Shaub) its IRONY that he needed Peyton to win a SB.

What I'm saying is that Lynch could be good, I just don't think he is suited for Garys offense.

Yeah, who knows. In the end, it worked out for both.

We'll see what works in the system.

BleedingRed
08-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Yeah, who knows. In the end, it worked out for both.

We'll see what works in the system.

I think you guys should throw the season to get the QB from Uni. Ok

BlackOp
08-04-2016, 09:21 AM
What he does now with the team is what will define his legacy.

Well..he's off to terrible start. Lost both QBs and didn't have the financial resources to even replace one. That's essentially his responsibility...to maintain a competitive roster and manage the cap.

He's left a championship caliber defense with Sanchez as their only QB with experience. If were fan of the team...I would be pissed. That should never happen...

RodInCanton
08-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Well..he's off to terrible start. Lost both QBs and didn't have the financial resources to even replace one. That's essentially his responsibility...to maintain a competitive roster and manage the cap.

He's left a championship caliber defense with Sanchez as their only QB with experience. If were fan of the team...I would be pissed. That should never happen...

In the 5 years Elway has been in charge, we have never lost an AFC championship, been to two super bowls winning 1, we have a lot of young good talent drafted and acquired via UDFA. Throw in some great FA signings and you have the nucleus of a very good team. The Broncos may have to step back this year as they figure out their QB situation but all they need is somebody who can QB as good as Dilfer did w/ the Ravens. If one is not on the roster this year then you try again next!

Overall, the only people who cannot be happy w/ his performance as GM is other teams in the AFC West since we have been dominant over this time.

BlackOp
08-04-2016, 11:45 AM
In the 5 years Elway has been in charge, we have never lost an AFC championship, been to two super bowls winning 1, we have a lot of young good talent drafted and acquired via UDFA. Throw in some great FA signings and you have the nucleus of a very good team. The Broncos may have to step back this year as they figure out their QB situation but all they need is somebody who can QB as good as Dilfer did w/ the Ravens. If one is not on the roster this year then you try again next!

Overall, the only people who cannot be happy w/ his performance as GM is other teams in the AFC West since we have been dominant over this time.

His AFCW performance is directly a result of having Manningstein fall in his lap...and the players that followed him due to it. Sanders didn't sign there because Elway is a genius. If Peyton goes to the Titans...KC would have owned the division since Reid/Dorsey arrived. Elway is more lucky than skillful as a GM.

His snake oil is starting wash away...take a hard look at the QB/O-line situation this pre-season. He's set Kubiak up to fail.

RodInCanton
08-04-2016, 01:34 PM
His AFCW performance is directly a result of having Manningstein fall in his lap...and the players that followed him due to it. Sanders didn't sign there because Elway is a genius. If Peyton goes to the Titans...KC would have owned the division since Reid/Dorsey arrived. Elway is more lucky than skillful as a GM.

His snake oil is starting wash away...take a hard look at the QB/O-line situation this pre-season. He's set Kubiak up to fail.
Not even taking free agents into account (since Manning signed them), here are the players Elway was responsible for bringing onto the team. Throw in the already mentioned championships and it seems pretty good for a 5 year haul!
Players he has drafted:
Von Miller(stud), Julius Thomas (signed big contract w/ Jacksonville), Nate Irving (signed contract w/ Colts starting ILB), Virgil Green (starting TE), Orlando Franklin (signed big contract w/ Chargers), Rahim Moore (Browns safety, made one of the most cringe-worthy plays in Broncos history), Danny Trevathan (Good player, signed big contract w/ Bears), Malik Jackson (great player, signed huge contract), Omar Bolden (Good 5 years as backup and quality special teamer - signed w/ Chicago), Ronnie Hillman (serviceable at best backup RB), Brock Osweiler (signed huge contract w/ Texans), Derek Wolfe (really good player re-signed under market value), Sylvester Williams (make or break year, has the talent but the desire?), Kayvon Webster (Great special teamer and backup DB), Corey Nelson (first two years were developmental - challenging for a starting ILB role), Matt Paradis (starting center and looked good last year), Michael Schofield (backup tackle at most, possible move to G), Cody Latimer (Put up or shut up year) Bradley Roby (One of the best if not the best 3rd CB - would be a 2nd or 1st CB on most teams), Trevor Siemian (possible starting QB - don't know what he can do),Darius Kilgo (2nd year player stepping up to primary backup for NT), Max Garcia (starting G), Ty Sambrailo (starting LT as a rookie until hurt - looking at RG this year), Shane Ray (great pass rusher who will play 1st and 2nd downs for Demarcus Ware)
Undrafted Free Agents
Chris Harris (Complete stud and one of the best CB), Brandon Marshall (very good LB), Duke Ihenacho (great special teamer/ok safety going into 5th year w/ Redskins), Steven Johnson (serviceable LB w/ Steelers), Mike Remmers (starting RT for Panthers), C.J. Anderson(starting RB), Lerentee McCray (looking good in Packers camp after 2 years w/ Broncos), Shaquil Barrett (really good OLB), Bennie Fowler(decent receiver), Juwan Thompson (serviceable blocking RB/good ST), Kenny Anunike (good DL should get his chance w/ Malik Jackson gone)

Pasta Little Brioni
08-04-2016, 03:07 PM
Great another limp dick Homer

ct
08-04-2016, 03:18 PM
we here on CP were even talking pre-draft about baiting the broncos for lynch

this isn't new news

Mile High Mania
08-04-2016, 03:21 PM

Ok. Well, it's not like they drew Manning's name out of a hat and were awarded his service... the guy was a player that many were scared to death to sign. Elway did what he needed/wanted to do to move beyond Tebow.

You're too wrapped up in a few things that happened this year that somehow trump all the things that happened in the last 4 years. And, that's fine. You'll never have an inkling of respect for the guy or the team and that's totally cool.

Mile High Mania
08-04-2016, 03:22 PM
we here on CP were even talking pre-draft about baiting the broncos for lynch

this isn't new news

Hahahaha... ok, now you guys need some credit for this. Classic. Well, thank you for baiting/tricking my team into doing this.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-04-2016, 03:24 PM
He was headed to Frisco till the under the table cash hit

Mile High Mania
08-04-2016, 03:29 PM
He was headed to Frisco till the under the table cash hit

Sure. I'm still a pretty firm believer that he was never going to sign in the NFC for purely family reasons, not competing with knocking Eli out of another SB shot and the prospect of a possible Manning Bowl.

ct
08-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Hahahaha... ok, now you guys need some credit for this. Classic. Well, thank you for baiting/tricking my team into doing this.

jesus teams play games with each other all the frickin time, not like any of these yahoos are geniuses or somethin

Mile High Mania
08-04-2016, 03:37 PM
jesus teams play games with each other all the frickin time, not like any of these yahoos are geniuses or somethin

That's true, but some around here think it happens all the time.

CoMoChief
08-04-2016, 05:13 PM
What about Lynch makes you think he would excel in Reid's very complicated version of the WC? Explain?

That he's tall?..or has a strong arm? or he's dumb as dirt?

They already have that in Bray...and he has a better arm.

It's not that complicating when 75-80% of the plays are screen plays.

Mr. Laz
08-04-2016, 05:24 PM
It's not that complicating when 75-80% of the plays are screen plays.

If the offense is all dink stuff then getting lynch wouldn't really improve anything.

Reid is the controlling factor

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-04-2016, 05:53 PM
The people fixated on lynch who also disregard the fact that he is completely incompatible with this offense..

Pasta Little Brioni
08-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Lynch couldn't run a pop warner offense on his own

Mile High Mania
08-04-2016, 06:04 PM
I think some of you guys are under achieving in life. It's obvious you know more than most coaches, yet ... here you are. Time will tell on him.

RunKC
08-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Elway has been so lucky to have a generational pass rusher available in his first year, then a HOF QB in his 2nd.

Nobody knows how well Denver will play without Manning, but I guarantee it won't be what the Mannjng years were.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-04-2016, 06:21 PM
I think some of you guys are under achieving in life. It's obvious you know more than most coaches, yet ... here you are. Time will tell on him.

More PAMT

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-04-2016, 06:42 PM
I'm inclined to believe the Chiefs did NOT want Paxton Lynch.

I mean fuck, spending that capital in the first round?

Let's get real.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-04-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm inclined to believe the Chiefs did NOT want Paxton Lynch.

I mean fuck, spending that capital in the first round?

Let's get real.

Waiting for a guy that ...you know can actually play QB

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Waiting for a guy that ...you know can actually play QB

Here, have a stopwatch for that countdown:

http://buzzle.com/images/tattoos/clock-with-no-hands-prison-tattoo.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
08-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Here, have a stopwatch for that countdown:

http://buzzle.com/images/tattoos/clock-with-no-hands-prison-tattoo.jpg

It was meant more as a dig at the horrible QB we passed on bud

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-04-2016, 07:00 PM
It was meant more as a dig at the horrible QB we passed on bud

Yes, I believe you expounded upon your secret jealousy of the affair several times over.

I assuredly get it.

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Who's "we"?

threebag
08-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Him and fucking claynus

LaDexter
08-05-2016, 01:09 PM
I would've grabbed Cardale Jones - love his potential, and he did better against the SEC than Paxton did.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Yes, I believe you expounded upon your secret jealousy of the affair several times over.

I assuredly get it.

I've always taken you for a donc fan brah

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-05-2016, 05:24 PM
I've always taken you for a donc fan brah

Meh, what happens in the West is pure entertainment to me now.

Passepartout
08-05-2016, 05:25 PM
He is with the Broncos. So get over it!