PDA

View Full Version : Football Wait a minute. Demaree-ee-ous Thomas' GRANDMOTHER...

Rain Man
08-04-2016, 12:49 AM
...is a cocaine trafficker too? His mother just got out of prison for drug trafficking, and now his grandmother is getting released by Obama for cocaine trafficking?

I guess it's good to be related to an NFL player. You can commit crimes and not worry about it. Von Miller has to be smiling right now as he puts the barrel of a gun into some nun's mouth.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/us/obama-denver-broncos-demaryius-thomas-grandmother/index.html

Obama frees grandmother of Denver Broncos' Demaryius Thomas
By Steve Visser and Keith Allen, CNN
Updated 1:37 AM ET, Thu August 4, 2016

(CNN)Winning a Super Bowl is great, maybe even greater than getting honored with a personal shout out at the White House by President Obama.

But not as great, we're betting, as getting your grandmother back for Christmas after 16 years in prison.

The Broncos' Demaryius Thomas can soon attest to that feeling. On Tuesday, Obama commuted the sentences of 214 inmates, including Minnie Pearl Thomas, 60, who was serving a life sentence for cocaine trafficking.

The wide receiver tweeted an immediate thank you.

"Wanna Thank the @POTUS for everything he's done for my family, and a lot more families giving them second chances. Couldn't be a better day!"

The president's action followed a personal request from Thomas during the Broncos Super Bowl 50 victory celebration in the Rose Garden in June.

Minnie Thomas, of Allentown, Georgia, is scheduled to walk out of the low-security Federal Correctional Institution in Tallahassee, Florida, on December 1.

It is the second time Obama has pulled a member of the Thomas family back to the free world. Last year, he freed Thomas' mother from a federal prison where she was doing 20 years on a drug distribution conviction.
Katrina Stuckey Smith, who was arrested with her mother, left prison last November after serving 15 years in prison.

She first saw her son play in the NFL last season when the Broncos defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs.

Thomas' grandmother and mother were arrested together on drug charges when the NFL star was only 11 years old, according to the Denver Broncos official website.

President Obama has commuted sentences of 562 individuals during his nearly eight years in office, most of the prison terms were for nonviolent drug offenses.

"This is a country that believes in second chances," Obama wrote on his Facebook page after the commutations were announced. "So we've got to make sure that our criminal justice system works for everyone."

Obama, who has made reducing draconian federal sentences a hallmark of his presidency, has commuted more sentences than the last nine presidents combined, according to the White House website.

During the Super Bowl 50 celebration at the White House in June, Thomas passed the president a note thanking him for his mother's release and spoke to him about his grandmother too, according to The Denver Post.

"I just found out right when I came in from weights," Thomas told The Post Wednesday. "I had no idea. I was surprised. I was excited, too, it came this early. I heard 200-plus people get to have a second chance, and for my grandmother to be one of them, it's a blessing."

Chiefs=Champions
08-04-2016, 04:57 AM
Say what you want about Hill. That whole team is full of drug cheats, friends of murderers and horrible people in general. Id be embarrassed to support them.

Kman34
08-04-2016, 06:18 AM
Back in jail in 3,2,1.....

Abba-Dabba
08-04-2016, 06:23 AM
She would have been released 2 years ago if she had taken the plea deal. I don't see any reason why any one should be upset with her release.

ClevelandBronco
08-04-2016, 06:42 AM
Say what you want about Hill. That whole team is full of drug cheats, friends of murderers and horrible people in general. Id be embarrassed to support them.

It's totally killing us. Now leave us to suffer silently.

Red Dawg
08-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Obama just sets free drug dealers like it's a bodily function. Thomas will lose all his money to his trashy whore mother trashy whore grandmother spending it all.

loochy
08-04-2016, 07:54 AM
Yeah, but I'm betting his grandma isn't very grandma-ish

She's probably like 37 or something.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Absolutely pathetic

BleedingRed
08-04-2016, 08:00 AM
Absolutely pathetic

Symptom of the welfare state

loochy
08-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Symptom of the welfare state

instiutional racism

BleedingRed
08-04-2016, 08:04 AM
instiutional racism

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2GklCBvS-eI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It sucks, because "I" believe it to be true

wazu
08-04-2016, 10:31 AM
16 years in prison for dealing drugs is just stupid. Good for Obama.

Trivers
08-04-2016, 10:37 AM

No, it is not.

Have you seen what it does to users?

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time...unless you get pardoned.

Bwana
08-04-2016, 10:37 AM

She was just misunderstood.

DJ's left nut
08-04-2016, 10:42 AM

Go ahead and look up the relationship between drug trafficking and violent crime and get back to me.

Hint: Drug dealers aren't running neighborhood lemonade stands.

SAUTO
08-04-2016, 11:29 AM
She would have been released 2 years ago if she had taken the plea deal. I don't see any reason why any one should be upset with her release.

She's didn't take the plea deal.

SAUTO
08-04-2016, 11:30 AM

Crack cocaine is bad

Rain Man
08-04-2016, 11:33 AM
No, it is not.

If we follow the logical progression, we can revise this saying to "Don't do the crime if you're not related to an NFL player."

saphojunkie
08-04-2016, 12:01 PM
Same story for JJ Watt's grandma would draw applause from CP.

ClevelandBronco
08-04-2016, 12:12 PM

You're making an AFC West point or a racial point?

Marcellus
08-04-2016, 12:13 PM

You don't pay attention very well. JJ Watt is not greatly loved on CP. I know you think you were making some type of clever point but you missed. Just like Watt did in the playoffs last year.

Bwana
08-04-2016, 12:15 PM

Yeah sure, is JJ Watt's Grandma a drug dealer? :hmmm:

Mile High Mania
08-04-2016, 12:20 PM
I'm not an Obama fan and am generally not too terribly interested one way or another with this news. But damn, there's an incredible amount of hate here.

Dartgod
08-04-2016, 02:48 PM

Of course not. She's white.

Duh...

ClevelandBronco
08-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Of course not. She's white.

Duh...

I guess it's possible that Obama thinks everyone has a white mother and grandmother.

Abba-Dabba
08-04-2016, 06:40 PM
She's didn't take the plea deal.

I don't think that is the point.

Rain Man
08-04-2016, 08:38 PM

I kind of figure that JJ Watt's grandma traffics in cookies and love.

Chiefshrink
08-04-2016, 09:12 PM
The trip to the WH was more than just accolades from the President from DT's perspective. "Hey,Barry, can you do a brutha a favor man ?

wazu
08-04-2016, 10:07 PM
No, it is not.

Then don't be a user. Blaming the drug dealer is like blaming a grocery store for a drunk driver because they sell beer.