PDA

View Full Version : Poop Sell me on the Eastern Time Zone

Buck
08-04-2016, 07:19 PM
I'm here (I'm queer, get used to it).

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2016, 07:25 PM
I can't.

It always feels weird to me to go to place like New York and especially Florida, where it's much slower, because when I'm up a 7am, nothing has happened yet.

No sports news, no real news, nothing. It's freaking bizarre for me.

Buck
08-04-2016, 07:27 PM
I can't.

It always feels weird to me to go to place like New York and especially Florida, where it's much slower, because when I'm up a 7am, nothing has happened yet.

No sports news, no real news, nothing. It's freaking bizarre for me.

Yes. I woke up at 4:30 am today and realized the same thing.

Football starts at 1pm instead of 10am, that sucks. I guess it's better for not being spoiled on TV shows.

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2016, 07:30 PM

Football starts at 1pm instead of 10am, that sucks. I guess it's better for not being spoiled on TV shows.

When I first moved to Cali, a 10am Chiefs game was a major fucking drag. I couldn't stand it because I was used to the games usually airing at 12am at the earliest and 3pm at the latest (excluding Monday night games, of course). Sleep in, hit a sports bar and have football take up the entire day, with ESPN's Prime Time with Berman and Jackson to top it off. I thought it was heaven.

What I soon realized is that with the Chiefs game ending around 1ish, I had the WHOLE DAY ahead of me! I could work, hit the beach, go to a restaurant, bike, relax - whatever the hell I wanted to do!

10am games rule.

Buck
08-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Right, and I have the exact opposite dilemma of rooting for a west coast team, so all of our games will be 4-8 pm and my weekend is over following the Chargers blowing another game.

Not to mention MNF kicking off at 8:30 pm. Crazy.

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Right, and I have the exact opposite dilemma of rooting for a west coast team, so all of our games will be 4-8 pm and my weekend is over following the Chargers blowing another game.

Not to mention MNF kicking off at 8:30 pm. Crazy.

Did you move to the East Coast or just on assignment?

Buck
08-04-2016, 07:34 PM
I moved to South Carolina permanently.

Discuss Thrower
08-04-2016, 07:35 PM

Hmm. Guess the gay bar scene is a lot better out on the Atlantic, ey there Buck?

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2016, 07:35 PM

Permanently? Like, you're doing to die there?

End of the line?

alpha_omega
08-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Film at 11.

Shag
08-04-2016, 07:41 PM
When I first moved to Cali, a 10am Chiefs game was a major fucking drag. I couldn't stand it because I was used to the games usually airing at 12am at the earliest and 3pm at the latest (excluding Monday night games, of course). Sleep in, hit a sports bar and have football take up the entire day, with ESPN's Prime Time with Berman and Jackson to top it off. I thought it was heaven.

What I soon realized is that with the Chiefs game ending around 1ish, I had the WHOLE DAY ahead of me! I could work, hit the beach, go to a restaurant, bike, relax - whatever the hell I wanted to do!

10am games rule.

I'm pretty excited about 10am Chiefs games for that exact reason. How often are they on tv in SoCal?

Cheater5
08-04-2016, 07:41 PM

You made the right choice coming to SC.

North Carolina is inhabited by inbred albino midgets who run around banging pots and pans together. Damdest thing you'll ever see.

BigRedChief
08-04-2016, 07:47 PM
Beaches:harumph:

threebag
08-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Your a few hours earlier for getting your ass caved in.

Buck
08-04-2016, 07:49 PM
I'm pretty excited about 10am Chiefs games for that exact reason. How often are they on tv in SoCal?

Chiefs on normal broadcast tv in San Diego 6-10 times a season depending on how well they're playing and if the Chargers are competing with them for a playoff spot.

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2016, 07:50 PM

It depends on the year but I have to say, I was thrilled when I was finally able to stop going to sports bars after ten years and was able to get Sunday Ticket at home back in 2003.

There's nothing like rolling out of bed, making breaking and watching the game a 10am, then having the rest of the day to do whatever at 1:30.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-04-2016, 08:03 PM
It depends on the year but I have to say, I was thrilled when I was finally able to stop going to sports bars after ten years and was able to get Sunday Ticket at home back in 2003.

There's nothing like rolling out of bed, making breaking and watching the game a 10am, then having the rest of the day to do whatever at 1:30.

I can see where that would be nice but for me I usually have to scramble to grind out around 20 ton of feed in the morning and get home by 12.

Shag
08-04-2016, 08:08 PM

I've had ST since '98, and will be weird to go without it, but just have a hard time doling out the cash for it anymore when I basically watch everything via streaming services. They really need to offer a la carte ST.

I always feel bad burning a nice fall Sunday in MN to watch the Chiefs. Will be nice to free up so much earlier, and have nice days year round so I don't feel so guilty if I get lazy, lol.

NJChiefsFan
08-04-2016, 08:09 PM
I love the Chiefs at 1pm. Can golf in the morning or mow my lawn with time to spare before people come over. Everything set up in prime time is nice, although sometimes that means a later finish for sporting events.

Rain Man
08-04-2016, 08:10 PM

You can't beat West Coast time when it comes to watching football. I like being in California during football season.

The biggest advantage of the East Coast time zone is that you can travel west easily with the time change. If I travel to the east coast I lose an entire day on travel. I know that I get it back on the way back, but it seems like it often costs me another hotel night to go east, and it's a no-value hotel night because I get there at 10 pm or midnight or something.

Simply Red
08-04-2016, 08:10 PM
don't give smed your phone number.

Simply Red
08-04-2016, 08:11 PM
trust me.

frozenchief
08-04-2016, 08:49 PM
I love AK time. 9:00 is a bit early to start games but Sunday night football ends about 7:30 so there's plenty of time to get ready for work. And if it's a good game on Monday, I have a great excuse to leave work early. Plus, I get into work at 8:30 and it's already past noon on the East Coast. I feel like I can legitimately sleep in.

Bad part is the 3 day business trips to the East Coast. That extra hour really messes with your body.

displacedinMN
08-04-2016, 08:54 PM
You could just set your watch to CT and pretend the game starts at 12 instead of 1

I am part of a science forum. One person hated Daylight Savings Time and decided to not change his clocks. It lasted three days. Too much of a hastle to think about what time it really was.

cdcox
08-04-2016, 09:06 PM
I like Eastern time better than Central time. I'm a night owl so I can post on CP at midnight and there are still people here to call idiots.

cdcox
08-04-2016, 09:12 PM
China has only one time zone. Since all of the money and power is concentrated in the east, the clocks are synchronized to yield normal sunrise and sunset times. It must be trippy to live in the west with 10:00 am sunrise and midnight sunset.

Buck
08-04-2016, 09:36 PM
China has only one time zone. Since all of the money and power is concentrated in the east, the clocks are synchronized to yield normal sunrise and sunset times. It must be trippy to live in the west with 10:00 am sunrise and midnight sunset.

That's pretty ridiculous.

Miles
08-04-2016, 10:44 PM
Once you adapt it you probably wont notice much. Will you regularly interact with people from different time zones at work? That's one that can get a little more annoying but you are used to being on opposite end of spectrum.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-04-2016, 10:57 PM
I love AK time. 9:00 is a bit early to start games but Sunday night football ends about 7:30 so there's plenty of time to get ready for work. And if it's a good game on Monday, I have a great excuse to leave work early. Plus, I get into work at 8:30 and it's already past noon on the East Coast. I feel like I can legitimately sleep in.

Bad part is the 3 day business trips to the East Coast. That extra hour really messes with your body.

I think living in Alaska would be Cool !

Pasta Little Brioni
08-05-2016, 04:24 AM
Searching for Midnight Vulture??

displacedinMN
08-05-2016, 05:36 AM
Russia has 10-12 times zones, wanted to consolidate it to 5.

Nothing like trying to manipulate time.

Of course, none of this info helps you. You will adapt.

DC.chief
08-05-2016, 06:11 AM
Football at 10am just sounds strange to me but i'm sure i'd adjust.

I like it on the east coast. I take care of all my business in the morning and then I can devote the entire afternoon and night to FOOTBALL!

Only bummer is work on tuesday after a monday night game

Fire Me Boy!
08-05-2016, 06:14 AM

Where'd you end up?

I can't sell you on ET. I prefer CT. I'm an early riser, so I might prefer MT or PT, better. But Central is definitely better than Eastern.

Buck
08-05-2016, 06:20 AM
Where'd you end up?

I can't sell you on ET. I prefer CT. I'm an early riser, so I might prefer MT or PT, better. But Central is definitely better than Eastern.

Murrells Inlet. I think I saw your old workplace yesterday. Were you with NBC here?

Fire Me Boy!
08-05-2016, 06:30 AM
Murrells Inlet. I think I saw your old workplace yesterday. Were you with NBC here?

Yep, that was us. Murrells is cool. You might hate life during the bike rallies, but otherwise, good choice.

Unsmooth-Moment
08-05-2016, 06:52 AM
Where'd you end up?

Im with this. I'm in CT, but I have no news to go to when I wake up in am. I'd prefer MT or PT.

Amnorix
08-05-2016, 06:58 AM

I like the 1:00 p.m. football. You can eat breakfast and get whatever wifey chores you need to get done out of the way before the game. Works just fine for grilling etc. too if you want to roll that way.

Amnorix
08-05-2016, 06:59 AM

Yeah, I could see that too. Never done it, but that has appeal.

Spott
08-05-2016, 07:33 AM
The Eastern time zone does kind of suck during football season. I love it when I lived in Arizona and the games would come on at 10. It's even more aggravating for MNF and SNF when games don't start until about 9:00 at night.

Simply Red
08-05-2016, 07:44 AM
Hamburger Joe's, NMB, Sc.

aturnis
08-05-2016, 07:47 AM

10am games rule.
My single biggest complaint about football. I want my day back. I may "go west young man".

Bewbies
08-05-2016, 08:24 AM
EST sucks for the night games. MNF for most guys I know lasts until halftime unless your team is playing.

Same goes for the World Series, National Champ games etc.

Who the hell wants to stay up until midnight to watch a game?

loochy
08-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Both Hilldog and teh TRUMP live in the eastern time zone.

tx4chiefs
08-05-2016, 10:32 AM
You can celebrate New Years before the rest of the country. Also, can start your weekend before more western areas.