PDA

View Full Version : Money Any Web Designers on Here??

blake5676
08-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Any fellow CP's make websites for a living or do it on the side? I've been procrastinating getting a new website for my office going on a solid 2 years now. Have some general ideas in mind but nothing super specific. Wordpress website, for medical office. No need for e-commerce stuff.

The Franchise
08-12-2016, 02:47 PM
I went to college for Web Design. Depending on how often you want it updated......go with Square Space.

https://www.squarespace.com/

ModSocks
08-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Uh oh. BEP will be along shortly to tell us all how templates are evil.

The Franchise
08-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Are you looking for suggestions? Someone to build it and maintain it for you?

BWillie
08-12-2016, 03:07 PM
I made my own websites with host gator and then to create with wordpress. I'm sure they aren't amazing, but it was pretty easy to figure out and easy to maintain.

blake5676
08-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Are you looking for suggestions? Someone to build it and maintain it for you?

I've done a bunch of research (I'm always good at that...not so much implementation) and have considered trying to build it myself. Each time I get ready to pull the trigger, I realize I'm being an idiot and should just let someone who knows what they're doing build it. Was mostly checking to see if anyone on here builds WP websites for a living or as a hobby on the side.

I've got a few quotes in the past from some web design companies. They've ranged pretty drastically. Anywhere from $1000 to like $3500 for the website. I do know that I want it build on wordpress, have a few themes I like but open to suggestions. My biggest issue with the bids I've gotten has been that everyone wants to set me up and bill me for SEO, "maintenance", PPC, etc. And they all want to charge me to host it as well.

Could be naive, but I'm pretty sure I could handle updating on occasion once the website is live and finished. Didn't know if the planet had a JASONSAUTO of the website realm on here that wanted some of my $$$ for their expertise.

threebag
08-12-2016, 04:11 PM
https://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/112/6c25d7c0-3128-0132-097e-0eae5eefacd9.jpg?

The Franchise
08-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Sent you a PM.

eDave
08-12-2016, 05:23 PM
I was going to crack wise and link https://myspace.com/.

But, WTF happened to that site?

NewChief
08-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Bro. Pay some ****ing newbie intern to do it for you straight out of school or as part of building their portfolio. If you don't need shit except an E-billboard for your business, it's not rocket science. Biggest waste of money my wife ever spent on her business was for two different web buildouts that had nothing to do with e-commerce.

Wix. Squarespace. Wordpress. There's a thousand options out there. There are also a thousand (million) people who are going to charge you out the ass to basically do some CSS bullshit magic on a basic wordpress platform, register your a DNS, and then charge you 6k for it.