PDA

View Full Version : Royals What MLB team has the most bitter fans?

carcosa
08-16-2016, 01:04 PM
Maybe I'm just not used to success as a Royals fan, but it sure seems like fans of other teams are incredibly bitter about KC winning a World Series. In fact, the worst part of this season's disappointing record is seeing bitter fans of other teams gloat or pretend like November 1, 2015 was fifty years ago.

I'd probably give the edge to Baltimore fans - they certainly have the most visible bitter douchebag in La Canfora. But Jays fans are straight up hateful on twitter, and a few Mets fans I know personally seem to have this notion that the Royals got lucky... in a series they won 4-1.

Who YOU got???

DJay23
08-16-2016, 01:10 PM
I voted Baltimore. I was at the Ventura/Machado brawl game and some pimple faced punk started running his mouth at me. I just patted the World Champions patch on my right sleeve. He actually shut up.

threebag
08-16-2016, 01:30 PM
Initially i had the O's but thought it was a tough choice between the top 3 in the poll. Went with the Mets because we beat that ass.

TomBarndtsTwin
08-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Mets fans aren't bitter. They're just pissed because their team lost. Although a few are real assholes.

Blue Jays fans (not all, but some) are self entitled douches, which is kind of humorous for a franchise that hasn't won jackshit in 20+ years.

Orioles fans are EASILY the most bitter! The Royals success grinds on them like nothing else. Partly because of Jeremy Gurthrie (These O's Aint Royals), partly because they thought their 2014 team was a team of destiny (and then the Royals promptly swept them), and mostly because of little man syndrome. They've been the red-headed step child of that division for a long ass time. They've had to watch all the Yankees and Red Sox trophy celebrations. The Blue Jays won a couple back to back in the early 90's. Hell, even the f**king Devil Rays went to a World Series in the last 10 years. The O's haven't so much as sniffed one since 1983 . . . . . . so, yeah . . . . they're bitter.

ct
08-16-2016, 01:57 PM
Mets fans aren't bitter. They're just pissed because their team lost. Although a few are real assholes.

Blue Jays fans (not all, but some) are self entitled douches, which is kind of humorous for a franchise that hasn't won jackshit in 20+ years.

Orioles fans are EASILY the most bitter! The Royals success grinds on them like nothing else. Partly because of Jeremy Gurthrie (These O's Aint Royals), partly because they thought their 2014 team was a team of destiny (and then the Royals promptly swept them), and mostly because of little man syndrome. They've been the red-headed step child of that division for a long ass time. They've had to watch all the Yankees and Red Sox trophy celebrations. The Blue Jays won a couple back to back in the early 90's. Hell, even the f**king Devil Rays went to a World Series in the last 10 years. The O's haven't so much as sniffed one since 1983 . . . . . . so, yeah . . . . they're bitter.

this

KCUnited
08-16-2016, 02:47 PM
It pains me a little to say, but I've had nothing but pleasant, bordering on respectful, in-stadium interactions with White Sox fan while catching Royals games here in Chicago. It may look like Rikers Island both inside and out, but they seem to love Sal and Escobar. I think most of their hate is directed towards the Cubs, earning a lawful wage, and wearing shirts.

CaliforniaChief
08-16-2016, 02:51 PM
It pains me a little to say, but I've had nothing but pleasant, bordering on respectful, in-stadium interactions with White Sox fan while catching Royals games here in Chicago. It may look like Rikers Island both inside and out, but they seem to love Sal and Escobar. I think most of their hate is directed towards the Cubs, earning a lawful wage, and wearing shirts.

I literally LOL'ed.

teedubya
08-16-2016, 02:57 PM
I'll say this. Fuck Jason LaCanfora.

PunkinDrublic
08-16-2016, 03:11 PM
Orioles fans and it's not even close. They like to pretend Manny Machado beat up Yordano Ventura even though his punched grazed his head at best. Nobody embodies bitter Oriole hatred more than Jason La Canfora. Oriole fans wish their team was half as resilient as the last two Royals team. But Bmore isn't so they console themselves with meaningless regular season wins and imaginary ass kickings that didn't happen.

bdj23
08-16-2016, 03:51 PM

After spending a weekend in Chicago, i was surprised to learn how much Sox fans hate the Cubs.

KCUnited
08-16-2016, 04:05 PM
After spending a weekend in Chicago, i was surprised to learn how much Sox fans hate the Cubs.

Yeah, I can only speculate as to the history, but its mutual. I know Cub Fan trolls the shit out of them all over town. There's no doubt an ocean of demographic differences between the two fanbases. Fuck, I hate Cub Fan and they're in another league. Matter of fact, I'd catch a game at The Cell 10x out of 10 over Wrigley. If Hope Solo's butthole had uncomfortable seats and smelled more like shit, I'd be Wrigley.

carcosa
08-16-2016, 04:07 PM

Orioles fans are sore about getting swept 2 years ago, but Blue Jays fans seem to be under the impression that they had the best team last year and DESERVED to beat the Royals. It's hard to make that argument when you don't even go 7 games.

I'm really surprised that Astros fans aren't more bitter about how that series turned out. Maybe it's because they weren't expecting to be competitive yet last year... but that Game 4 ALDS rally was so improbable and hinged on an error and a lot of luck. Then again, they still had a chance in Game 5, and they couldn't get it done, so maybe their fans generally understand what that means.

bdj23
08-16-2016, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I can only speculate as to the history, but its mutual. I know Cub Fan trolls the shit out of them all over town. There's no doubt an ocean of demographic differences between the two fanbases. ****, I hate Cub Fan and they're in another league. Matter of fact, I'd catch a game at The Cell 10x out of 10 over Wrigley. If Hope Solo's butthole had uncomfortable seats and smelled more like shit, I'd be Wrigley.

I went to two games at Wrigley (I'm a cards fan), i caught a lot of shit, but 90% of it was light hearted. I only actually had one Cubs fan per game be an actual dick to me.

I even sat in the bleachers for the Sunday game.

PunkinDrublic
08-16-2016, 04:24 PM
I wasn't bitter about 04. I always tell Giants fans that was a great series and it took one of the greatest pitching performances of all time to beat us. Giants fans are pretty cool about it and tell me the Royals scared them worse than any of the other previous WS opponents they've faced.

KCUnited
08-16-2016, 04:25 PM
I went to two games at Wrigley (I'm a cards fan), i caught a lot of shit, but 90% of it was light hearted. I only actually had one Cubs fan per game be an actual dick to me.

I even sat in the bleachers for the Sunday game.

When Facebook pic tagging and crushing Old Style because its retro trumps the actual game, they're pretty tame.

lewdog
08-16-2016, 04:29 PM
I would say Blue Jays fans, but I have really only met one actual fan of that lame team and that was "meeting" on the internet.