PDA

View Full Version : Football Barnwell on Derek Carr

Pages : [1] 2

the Talking Can
08-18-2016, 07:52 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/BarnwellNFLPreview160818/oakland-raiders-qb-derek-carr-star-forget-help-nfl

Carr's offensive line allowed him to do things that were relative luxuries for Bortles and Bridgewater, like breathe in the pocket without fearing for his life. Carr was pressured on only 21.6 percent of his dropbacks, the fifth-lowest rate among starting quarterbacks. A quarterback who gets the ball out quickly can distort that number (see: Tom Brady), but other metrics suggest that wasn't the case with Carr. He took 2.44 seconds before his typical pass, 15th in the league. Carr's average throw traveled 7.67 yards in the air, which was slightly below league average and one full yard deeper than the typical Bridgewater pass (6.66)...

It's another Oakland credo to go after enormous receivers. Carr's average pass went to a receiver who was 74.3 inches tall (a little over 6 feet 2), giving him the fourth-largest receiving corps in football. (Jacksonville's grouping was third.) Sadly, they weren't always his friends. Oakland's pass-catchers, which will return virtually unchanged in 2016, dropped 5.1 percent of Carr's throws last year. That was the fifth-worst rate in the league. It's hard to see these receivers combining to drop as many passes in 2016, particularly Cooper, who should be healthier after struggling through plantar fasciitis a year ago. While analyses suggesting Cooper dropped 18 passes seem off the mark, ESPN Stats & Information has Cooper down for 10 drops on 126 targets, the second-highest total in the league behind Tampa's Mike Evans.

The one perhaps concerning quirk surrounding Carr's 2015 season is what happened as it went along: Namely, Carr got worse. A lot worse. His QBR during Weeks 1-9, covering Oakland's first eight games, was 11th in the league at 66.6. During Oakland's final eight games, Carr's QBR dropped to just 35.1, leaving him 28th out of 29 passers. Only Bortles, coincidentally, was worse. Carr's decline came under duress. He had the league's lowest pressure rate during the first half of the year, at 17.6 percent. Over the final eight weeks, that pressure rate leaped up to 25.0 percent. That was only eighth in the league, but it was enough to help throw Carr off track....

There is something that will have to improve, though, fluke or otherwise: Late in games, for whatever reason, Carr was a mess. He posted a 19.9 QBR in the fourth quarter and overtime, which was the second-worst mark in the league ahead of Nick Foles. Bortles, one spot ahead of Carr, finished at 31.2. Seven of Carr's 13 picks came in the fourth quarter and OT, despite the fact that he threw only 31 percent of his passes during that time frame. Only Matthew Stafford had a higher interception rate in the fourth quarter/OT (6.8 percent) than Carr (5.3 percent).

rico
08-18-2016, 08:04 AM
Jeff Fisher...

2013, 13 games played, 27 TD's and 2 INT's....and looked awesome doing it.

Foles needs to get back in his groove.

RunKC
08-18-2016, 08:20 AM
Carr has a really bad pocket presence and has some Favre/Cutler in him aka he makes stupid ass mistakes that are easy to avoid.

Look at the Mauga INT return and Parker INT that we had against him lass year. No Justin Houston and Carr sat in the pocket for damn near 10 seconds before giving us the ball back.

staylor26
08-18-2016, 08:20 AM
Like I've said before, Carr is extremely overrated.

Chiefs=Champions
08-18-2016, 08:23 AM
Have been saying this for a while, he's overrated. horrible against the rush and when it matters. He might improve, but he has a long way to go.

O.city
08-18-2016, 08:28 AM
He's probably a little overrated right now, but his stating last year in terms of yardage and touchdowns would be chiefs all time records.

He was also just a 2nd year qb. I hope this trend continues in the turnover area, but for a 2nd year qb, I'd take it.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-18-2016, 08:37 AM
Like I've said before, Carr is extremely overrated.

Absolutely. So many Carr lovers on this board who are drinking the kool aid. Which is funny cause they are the same people who raved about manuel, and then bridgewater, and Tannehill.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-18-2016, 08:38 AM
He's a guy like that looks good against terrible teams. And then against average to good teams he's the type of QB that will absolutely lose games for his team

pugsnotdrugs19
08-18-2016, 08:38 AM
I think he's overhyped but at the end of the day they have the team around him now to make things interesting.

So far he hasn't proven capable of playing well against good defenses, or late in games. That's gotta turn around before he's one of the top guys in the league.

rico
08-18-2016, 08:41 AM
Absolutely. So many Carr lovers on this board who are drinking the kool aid. Which is funny cause they are the same people who raved about manuel, and then bridgewater, and Tannehill.

There were guys who jerked their Gerkins to Bridgewater and Tannehill...but Manuel?

Maybe I missed something. I was shocked when he went in the first as the first QB taken... a lot of the reason why I was shocked was because of how CP generally didn't like him.

DJ's left nut
08-18-2016, 08:48 AM
I think he's overhyped but at the end of the day they have the team around him now to make things interesting.

So far he hasn't proven capable of playing well against good defenses, or late in games. That's gotta turn around before he's one of the top guys in the league.

He's a little overhyped, sure.

But he's also a guy that is young and inexperienced enough that he could actually grow into what people were calling him last year.

He wasn't a top 15 QB last year, IMO. But with continued growth, he could easily surpass that.

For this season, I'd take Smith over Carr. For the subsequent seasons? Carr could change that answer pretty dramatically.

rico
08-18-2016, 09:06 AM

But he's also a guy that is young and inexperienced enough that he could actually grow into what people were calling him last year.

He wasn't a top 15 QB last year, IMO. But with continued growth, he could easily surpass that.

For this season, I'd take Smith over Carr. For the subsequent seasons? Carr could change that answer pretty dramatically.

Yup.

NWTF
08-18-2016, 09:09 AM
If he plays the rest of his career to the point he has his first two years then he will be nothing more than an average QB, nothing special at all.

Hes a little overrated but that always comes with youth/potential. He posted some pretty good numbers for a guy in his 2nd year on a below average team. I can see why the hype is there. He will have to deliver this year or the hype will fade. Bortles may prove to be better but from what Ive seen Carr is easily better than Bridgewater who looks to be a classic game manager in the making, but with the better D he doesnt have to take as many chances as Carr,Bortles at the end of games.

RunKC
08-18-2016, 09:12 AM
Carr needs good coaching. Andy would have helped him a lot with the dumb mistakes.

Still wish we would have drafted him and say him him for a year. Carr is way better than Ford as of today.

beach tribe
08-18-2016, 09:23 AM

This place is notorious for it's ridiculous expectations of players who have not had sufficient time or experience to develop.

They can't ever look at the bigger picture in regards to various aspects of the individual or overall team outlook.

I'm talking about a huge majority of the people here.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 09:26 AM
holy christ

Chiefs fans talking shit on a QB who threw 32 TD in his second year

that's literally never happened in the history of this franchise

staylor26
08-18-2016, 09:30 AM
holy christ

Exactly why we're using the word overrated. All anybody cares about is the sexy stats.

Same reason your dumb ass would rather have Foles than Smith.

Can Carr continue to develop and live up to the hype? Absolutely. He has a long ways to go though. He's not even better than Smith where we stand right now.

He regressed as the season went on (never a good sign IMO), and his fourth quarter statistics were absolutely terrible.

Pasta Little Brioni
Stat whore just like i said. Still plenty of room to grow

Pasta Little Brioni
holy christ

BUH GAWD STATS! !!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni
08-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Exactly why we're using the word overrated. All anybody cares about is the sexy stats.

Can Carr continue to develop and live up to the hype? Absolutely. He has a long ways to go though. He's not even better than Smith where we stand right now though.

He probably jerks it to Cousins (Double Entendre )

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 09:34 AM

Can Carr continue to develop and live up to the hype? Absolutely. He has a long ways to go though. He's not even better than Smith where we stand right now though.

He's already better than Smith. He's only played on teams with 32nd and 22nd ranked defenses and no fucking running game.

A football team with Alex Smith and those defenses/running games would be in the top 5 for draft position every year.

We've got maybe two years left of "peak" Alex Smith, so enjoy 20 TD and 3500 yards and then wishing we had someone like Carr. ROFL

I mean do you even get that his best WR was a rookie last year...#2 was a draft bust poor man's Bowe.

lmfao...Chiefs fans...hilarious

NWTF
08-18-2016, 09:44 AM
He's already better than Smith. He's only played on teams with 32nd and 22nd ranked defenses and no ****ing running game.

A football team with Alex Smith and those defenses/running games would be in the top 5 for draft position every year.

We've got maybe two years left of "peak" Alex Smith, so enjoy 20 TD and 3500 yards and then wishing we had someone like Carr. ROFL

I mean do you even get that his best WR was a rookie last year...#2 was a draft bust poor man's Bowe.

A lot of Chiefs fans do have penis envy regarding other teams QBs, but thats to be expected when your team doesnt draft and develop its own QB, so you instinctively root against that method and cross your fingers the retread way proves to be the right way

Pasta Little Brioni
Shit QB when under pressure is worthless. Can't deny it.

O.city
Yeah, tds are good stats. I can be talked into yardage being overrated, but tds not so much

Pasta Little Brioni
08-18-2016, 09:45 AM
Not when he's the worst QB in the league for half a season. Figured out.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 09:57 AM
Not when he's the worst QB in the league for half a season. Figured out.

Carr threw for 2200 yards, 17 TDs and 10 INT in the last 8 games last year.

That's not even close to "worst QB in the league."

staylor26
08-18-2016, 09:59 AM
Yeah, tds are good stats. I can be talked into yardage being overrated, but tds not so much

Stafford threw 41 TD's in year 3. Matt Ryan's had a 30+ TD season early in his career, now he's putting up Alex Smith #'s with Julio at WR. Foles had one of the best 10 or so game stretches in NFL history with his 27 TD's. Blake Bortles just threw 38 TD's in year two, while still having a bad season overall.

If you're going to get a boner over the TD totals that's fine, but let's not ignore the end of the season regression, the interceptions, and the atrocious 4th quarter stats.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 10:02 AM
oh god a QB threw more than 10 INTs in a year

whatever will we do

staylor26
08-18-2016, 10:02 AM
Carr threw for 2200 yards, 17 TDs and 10 INT in the last 8 games last year.

That's not even close to "worst QB in the league."

During Oakland's final eight games, Carr's QBR dropped to just 35.1, leaving him 28th out of 29 passers

Not the worst, but certainly well below average and one of the worst. Bortles was 29th, another QB people are overrating because of sexy stats. Coincidence? I think not. The potential is obviously there, but they both have a long way to go. Much longer than people want to admit.

Halfcan
08-18-2016, 10:03 AM
Chief's D. will have something for his punk ass this year.

O.city
08-18-2016, 10:04 AM
Stafford threw 41 TD's in year 3. Matt Ryan's had a 30+ TD season early in his career, now he's putting up Alex Smith #'s with Julio at WR. Foles had one of the best 10 or so game stretches in NFL history with his 27 TD's. Blake Bortles just threw 38 TD's in year two, while still having a bad season overall.

If you're going to get a boner over the TD totals that's fine, but let's not ignore the end of the season regression, the interceptions, and the atrocious 4th quarter stats.

I don't know if 38 tds in a year make it a bad year, especially for a 2nd year qb.

Carr may regress and or never improve in areas he needs to improve in. But 32 tds in his 2nd year is good progress from year 1.

O.city
08-18-2016, 10:05 AM
Put this way, if the chiefs had a 2nd year qb on the track carr is on, I'd be pretty happy with it and excited for the future

rico
08-18-2016, 10:06 AM

Is it me, or did it seem like Matt Ryan seemed to dwindle a bit when Tony Gonzalez retired??

Man...it's crazy how if 1-2 pieces become missing, how badly a QB's stats will flounder. Matt Ryan used to put up some #'s.

Another note on Matt Ryan...Didn't he put up a crazy amount of INT's his final year in college and was still drafted early? That is a QB that confuses me.

RunKC
08-18-2016, 10:08 AM
Carr needs to tune finer parts of his game. Last weekend he missed 3 wide open guys by poor ball placement bc he threw off his back foot.

Carr would be so much better here with a coaching staff that actually knows what they're doing.

jjchieffan
08-18-2016, 10:15 AM
I liked Carr and wanted the Chiefs to draft him. I was really discouraged to see the Faiders take him. Since he is in Chokeland instead of KC, I hope that I was wrong about him and that this regression continues.

ChiefsCountry
08-18-2016, 10:17 AM
I love it when our 11 year veteran franchise QB is still compared to the 2 year nUb. I mean the 11 year vet can grow, the 2 year nUb can't.

the Talking Can
08-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Put this way, if the chiefs had a 2nd year qb on the track carr is on, I'd be pretty happy with it and excited for the future

everyone would be...these people jerk off to bray

PunkinDrublic
08-18-2016, 10:42 AM
Carr needs to tune finer parts of his game. Last weekend he missed 3 wide open guys by poor ball placement bc he threw off his back foot.

Carr would be so much better here with a coaching staff that actually knows what they're doing.

Oaklands shitty coaching is what will ultimately doom him if he stays there.

DJ's left nut
08-18-2016, 10:51 AM
I love it when our 11 year veteran franchise QB is still compared to the 2 year nUb. I mean the 11 year vet can grow, the 2 year nUb can't.

So have you actually read the thread or are you just starting with the argument you want to have and hoping someone takes the bait?

O.city
08-18-2016, 10:55 AM
So have you actually read the thread or are you just starting with the argument you want to have and hoping someone takes the bait?

I'm not jumping in with him

But there is a little bit of not looking in our own mirror here.

Now, I've always been a fan of alex, I think he's better than he gets credit for.

But he's not asked to do the things carr was last year. Yeah, carr struggled in the fourth quarter and against pressure, but if it weren't for him, alot of those games aren't close in the fourth anyway.

BossChief
08-18-2016, 10:58 AM
Why is it that Chiefs fans always feel the need to not give credit where it's due to opposing players?

Carr was pretty good in his sophomore season where a lot of QBs have down years and the team improved the OL in front of him to improve the O and made some big moves to improve their defense, as well. That's gonna help them win games and for Carr to improve as a passer.

I have little doubt that KC takes the division and I still think the Raiders are a year away from the playoffs, but Carr is a good QB that's gonna be a premier passer once the old guard all hang em up.

staylor26
08-18-2016, 11:02 AM
Why is it that Chiefs fans always feel the need to not give credit where it's due to opposing players?

Carr was pretty good in his sophomore season where a lot of QBs have down years and the team improved the OL in front of him to improve the O and made some big moves to improve their defense, as well. That's gonna help them win games and for Carr to improve as a passer.

I have little doubt that KC takes the division and I still think the Raiders are a year away from the playoffs, but Carr is a good QB that's gonna be a premier passer once the old guard all hang em up.

You answered your own question. Nobody is denying Carr's potential, but you talk as if he's arrived, and he has not. There's not enough evidence to say he's going to be one of the best QB's in the NFL. That is exactly why I say he's overrated. I made the same mistake with Stafford, Ryan, Foles, etc. early in their careers, and I'm not making it again, especially not when I take the bad from last season into consideration. He has a ways to go, and anybody that disagrees is not looking at his 2015 season objectively.

DJ's left nut
08-18-2016, 11:13 AM
You answered your own question. Nobody is denying Carr's potential, but you talk as if he's arrived, and he has not. There's not enough evidence to say he's going to be one of the best QB's in the NFL. That is exactly why I say he's overrated. I made the same mistake with Stafford, Ryan, Foles, etc. early in their careers, and I'm not making it again, especially not when I take the bad from last season into consideration. He has a ways to go, and anybody that disagrees is not looking at his 2015 season objectively.

Exactly. The majority opinion in this thread is that Carr is a solid young QB who has room to grow but seems to be given credit for what he COULD be without actually getting there just yet.

I don't see the Carr hate that people are railing against here.

O.city
08-18-2016, 11:15 AM

There's too many factors to say either way.

Look at the guys you've mentioned and the situations they play in. Stafford is a big arrmed douche, but the Lions have a pretty dysfunctional system. I've never been a big fan of Matt Ryan, but once they got rid of Mike Smith and brought in the Patriot crap, it's gone downhill quick.

Organizational stability, players around them, etc. Time being, it seems the Raiders have a good thing going in those terms.

O.city
08-18-2016, 11:16 AM
Exactly. The majority opinion in this thread is that Carr is a solid young QB who has room to grow but seems to be given credit for what he COULD be without actually getting there just yet.

I don't see the Carr hate that people are railing against here.

Eh, clay stumbled in and all hell kind of broke loose.

Pretty much what you'd expect.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 11:21 AM
If Derek Carr is wrong, I don't want to be right.

http://ultraimg.com/images/CarrMoore2.gif

https://media.profootballfocus.com/2016/06/CARR-Cooper-TD.gif

http://i.imgur.com/DwQpP6f.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lMi6jkjlz4awxO/giphy.gif

staylor26
08-18-2016, 11:27 AM
Ok? Now post some gifs of his 4th quarter meltdowns.

BossChief
08-18-2016, 11:33 AM
Derek Carr also had 100 more pass attempts to get to those gaudy numbers than Alex Smith last year...Alex had a higher YPA, rating and total QBR.

Also, when you figure in rushing yards...their offensive production was almost identical...again, with Alex having less attempts.

The only thing Carr was better at was testing defenses deep...and even at that I bet the risk to reward was t all that great due to turnovers...ill have to check

O.city
08-18-2016, 11:38 AM
Eh, clay stumbled in and all hell kind of broke loose.

Pretty much what you'd expect.

When you're right, you're right.

NWTF
08-18-2016, 11:40 AM
Derek Carr also had 100 more pass attempts to get to those gaudy numbers than Alex Smith last year...Alex had a higher YPA, rating and total QBR.

Also, when you figure in rushing yards...their offensive production was almost identical...again, with Alex having less attempts.

The only thing Carr was better at was testing defenses deep...and even at that I bet the risk to reward was t all that great due to turnovers...ill have to check

Yeah, KC has a better running game and defense then they do. Im sure they wish they could play hold the lead and run out the clock in the 4th but they are not good enough yet.

jjchieffan
08-18-2016, 11:44 AM
If Derek Carr is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Good thing, because right is something that rarely applies to you.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 11:47 AM
Ok? Now post some gifs of his 4th quarter meltdowns.

the point is that he can do things that Alex can't do and attempts throws he wouldn't even consider

check back in 10 years and see who had the better career because of that difference alone

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-18-2016, 11:50 AM
the point is that he can do things that Alex can't do and attempts throws he wouldn't even consider

check back in 10 years and see who had the better career because of that difference alone

How is the 5 year prediction you made between the careers of Geno Smith vs Alex Smith working out for you?

Dinny

BossChief
08-18-2016, 11:50 AM

And Alex can do things Carr can't do.

After its all said and done, their production was very similar.

The difference being that KC had a much better running game, so that made the running game score more for KC.

If Oakland had Spencer Ware, Carr wouldn't have as many TDs.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 11:51 AM
How is the 5 year prediction you made between the careers of Geno Smith vs Alex Smith working out for you?

Dinny

when i fail to bed a woman it doesn't mean i turn gay

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 11:53 AM
And Alex can do things Carr can't do.

After its all said and done, their production was very similar.

Yeah gonna say that's bullshit. Carr is almost as mobile and accounted for 10 more TDs.

Grasping at straws here.

Alex is better at being scared and punting though.

jjchieffan
08-18-2016, 11:53 AM

He also does a lot of dumb things that Alex won't do. If he hadn't thrown those dumb interceptions last year, he could've beat KC. Strong arm QB's are nice. But you still have to be smart with the ball. Jeff George had a cannon for an arm. Where did that get him? Jamarcus Russell, Geno SMith, the list goes on and on. If he doesn't improve on his bad decisions, that big arm won't be enough to make him good.

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-18-2016, 11:54 AM
when i fail to bed a woman it doesn't mean i turn gay

That depends, is "her" dick bigger than yours?

I don't believe you've had pussy since pussy had you. Tight around the neck.

Dinny

staylor26
08-18-2016, 11:57 AM
Yeah gonna say that's bullshit. Carr is almost as mobile and accounted for 10 more TDs.

Grasping at straws here.

Alex is better at being scared and punting though.

Ummm no.

BossChief
08-18-2016, 12:05 PM
Carr
573 pass attempts for 3987 yards 32tds
33 rush attempts for 138 yards 0tds
That's 606 attempts for 4125 yards and 32tds

Smith
470 pass attempts for 3486 yards 20tds
84 rush attempts for 498 yards 2tds
That's 554 attempts for 3984 yards and 22tds

Not much different.

Especially when you factor in that KCs running game scored a ton of TDs and Oaklands didn't.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 12:24 PM
Ummm no.

you are looking at alex through rose colored glasses. he is not vick.

carr ran a 4.65, which is actually faster than what alex ran.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rELRItqiqzI/VBtq8Dg_dsI/AAAAAAAAmyA/zBx7gIR0h8g/s1600/carr-run.gif

and of course carr runs to throw (as evidenced by his low rushing total), alex runs to run, which is another point in carr's favor

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 12:25 PM
Not much different.

10 TDs is a huge difference.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 12:25 PM
That depends, is "her" dick bigger than yours?

I don't believe you've had pussy since pussy had you. Tight around the neck.

Dinny

you're a hilarious old man. i'm getting engaged next year.

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-18-2016, 12:28 PM
you're a hilarious old man. i'm getting engaged next year.

Gay marriage, big deal.

So how is the Geno vs Alex thing going for you?

Dinny

staylor26
08-18-2016, 12:30 PM
you are looking at alex through rose colored glasses. he is not vick.

carr ran a 4.65, which is actually faster than what alex ran.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rELRItqiqzI/VBtq8Dg_dsI/AAAAAAAAmyA/zBx7gIR0h8g/s1600/carr-run.gif

and of course carr runs to throw (as evidenced by his low rushing total), alex runs to run, which is another point in carr's favor

That single play counts for almost 1/3 of Carr's rushing yards on the entire season.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 12:50 PM
That single play counts for almost 1/3 of Carr's rushing yards on the entire season.

That's because he's a QB. He throws the ball instead of running.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 12:51 PM
Gay marriage, big deal.

So how is the Geno vs Alex thing going for you?

Dinny

not well

doesn't mean we shouldn't try again and take the next derek carr

vailpass
08-18-2016, 12:55 PM
He's a guy like that looks good against terrible teams. And then against average to good teams he's the type of QB that will absolutely lose games for his team

Good evaluation of Alex Smiff. That Carr kid looks good though.

staylor26
08-18-2016, 12:57 PM
Good evaluation of Alex Smiff. That Carr kid looks good though.

Further proving your lack of football knowledge and cluelessness.

staylor26
08-18-2016, 12:59 PM
That's because he's a QB. He throws the ball instead of running.

Fucking troll.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 01:01 PM
Ohh ok, I guess Carr is more of a QB than Wilson too.

No, because Russell Wilson threw for even MORE yards and MORE TD than Carr.

A true superstar. Like Carr and Alex combined! (more Carr)

staylor26
08-18-2016, 01:04 PM
No, because Russell Wilson threw for even MORE yards and MORE TD than Carr.

A true superstar. Like Carr and Alex combined! (more Carr)

So you only get credit for mobility if you also throw 30+ TD's, sounds objective.

Let's not pretend that Wilson's first couple of years were that way too (when he was still one of the better QB's in the NFL).

O.city
08-18-2016, 01:07 PM
This last year, Wilson was a stud from the pocket too. He's damn good.

Mav
08-18-2016, 01:09 PM
This last year, Wilson was a stud from the pocket too. He's damn good.

Yes he is. That dude is elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThaVirus
08-18-2016, 01:12 PM
Russell Wilson's rookie season would have been a career year for Alex

DJ's left nut
08-18-2016, 01:15 PM
Jesus fuck, tell me we aren't back to this shit again.

Why are we talking about Russell Wilson? Who the hell said that Smith was as good as that guy?

Goddammit people, you cannot continue to allow Clay to do this nonsense. You know this is what he does, right? Troll Alex Smith until he can find an opening to start comparing him to guys that everyone on this board will concede are superior to him. Then people start coming in knocking over straw men that the stupid fucking troll propped up.

Why the shit are you folks still engaging this clown?

vailpass
08-18-2016, 01:22 PM
Jesus ****, tell me we aren't back to this shit again.

Why are we talking about Russell Wilson? Who the hell said that Smith was as good as that guy?

Goddammit people, you cannot continue to allow Clay to do this nonsense. You know this is what he does, right? Troll Alex Smith until he can find an opening to start comparing him to guys that everyone on this board will concede are superior to him. Then people start coming in knocking over straw men that the stupid ****ing troll propped up.

LMAO dammit man I was enjoying watching that.

staylor26
08-18-2016, 01:34 PM

Goddammit people, you cannot continue to allow Clay to do this nonsense. You know this is what he does, right? Troll Alex Smith until he can find an opening to start comparing him to guys that everyone on this board will concede are superior to him. Then people start coming in knocking over straw men that the stupid ****ing troll propped up.

For some strange reason I enjoy arguing with Clay. Mostly because he's going to have to eat crow eventually with this regime. Guilty as charged.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 01:44 PM
For some strange reason I enjoy arguing with Clay. Mostly because he's going to have to eat crow eventually with this regime. Guilty as charged.

Super Bowl, baby! ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 01:45 PM
Jesus fuck, tell me we aren't back to this shit again.

Goddammit people, you cannot continue to allow Clay to do this nonsense. You know this is what he does, right? Troll Alex Smith until he can find an opening to start comparing him to guys that everyone on this board will concede are superior to him. Then people start coming in knocking over straw men that the stupid fucking troll propped up.

I didn't bring up Alex Smith OR Russell Wilson.

You can thank staylor26 for that.

Oh, and YOU brought up Alex Smith. And then staylor continued to bring him up.

Don't blame ME for replying to YOU.

You're the clowns.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-18-2016, 01:55 PM
He's already better than Smith. He's only played on teams with 32nd and 22nd ranked defenses and no ****ing running game.

Someone ban Clay already. For the love of God. Ban this douche.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 02:06 PM

Sorry, I thought this was a Derek Carr thread.

Then OTHER PEOPLE started talking about Alex Smith.

I chimed in.

Sue me.

beach tribe
08-18-2016, 02:14 PM

They Never learn.

They are just as bad as him IMO.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-18-2016, 02:15 PM
Sorry, I thought this was a Derek Carr thread.

Then OTHER PEOPLE started talking about Alex Smith.

I chimed in.

Sue me.

So you admit that you are operating off a mult account after being banned from here. Trespass much?

Coochie liquor
08-18-2016, 02:18 PM
I don't know if 38 tds in a year make it a bad year, especially for a 2nd year qb.

Carr may regress and or never improve in areas he needs to improve in. But 32 tds in his 2nd year is good progress from year 1.

Gotta go with this. And FUCK the Faiders!

ThaVirus
08-18-2016, 02:45 PM
So you admit that you are operating off a mult account after being banned from here. Trespass much?

You're a mult

vailpass
08-18-2016, 02:49 PM

A fucking niner fan/Smith stalker calling for a ban? Despite Clay's multiple sins he's added more content tho this place than you ever could.

Titty Meat
08-18-2016, 03:11 PM
I'd take Carr over Smith you all are homers

NWTF
08-18-2016, 03:23 PM
I'd take Carr over Smith you all are homers

Right now, for this season, this team, id hesitantly take Smith. I know hes not going to &@%$ it up, but I also know everything else has to go perfectly due to his passiveness as a medium to downfield passer.

Carr right now, this soon, could %$#@ it up, but long term Id take him easily over a caretaker type QB like Smith.

staylor26
08-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Right now, for this season, this team, id hesitantly take Smith. I know hes not going to &@%$ it up, but I also know everything else has to go perfectly due to his passiveness as a medium to downfield passer.

Carr right now, this soon, could %$#@ it up, but long term Id take him easily over a caretaker type QB like Smith.

This pretty much sums it up.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2016, 05:09 PM
He's already better than Smith. He's only played on teams with 32nd and 22nd ranked defenses and no fucking running game.

The Mods need to ban your stupid, trolling ass.

AGAIN.

RobBlake
08-18-2016, 05:09 PM
how can you be overrated when you are barely entering your third year as a starting qb for one of the worst teams of the nfl for nearly a decade? He still has a lot of room and time to grow. Teams give up on players after two years is ridiculous and unrealistic. He has a top 10 arm, and a great leader - i'm biased as he's a hometown guy but I see him making a jump within the next two years. IF he doesn't, then I can understand.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2016, 05:12 PM

You're a such a fucking tool.

You predicted the Raiders with Carr would win a playoff game before the Chiefs.

Fuck off, Claynus. Just go the fuck away.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2016, 05:14 PM

Good luck.

He's a spineless twerp.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 05:23 PM
You're a such a fucking tool.

You predicted the Raiders with Carr would win a playoff game before the Chiefs.

Fuck off, Claynus. Just go the fuck away.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/af/af072e8dd5068945ec4b19780c34497376bb0b27d5955100c15d70938bbdf154.jpg

Perineum Ripper
08-18-2016, 05:28 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/af/af072e8dd5068945ec4b19780c34497376bb0b27d5955100c15d70938bbdf154.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3hakh8m4Y1rnnyy9o1_500.gif

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-18-2016, 05:36 PM
how can you be overrated when you are barely entering your third year as a starting qb for one of the worst teams of the nfl for nearly a decade? He still has a lot of room and time to grow. Teams give up on players after two years is ridiculous and unrealistic. He has a top 10 arm, and a great leader - i'm biased as he's a hometown guy but I see him making a jump within the next two years. IF he doesn't, then I can understand.

Same way Andrew Luck was proclaimed to be Top 5 after his sophomore season playing a bunch of scrub teams. So much hype.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Same way Andrew Luck was proclaimed to be Top 5 after his sophomore season playing a bunch of scrub teams. So much hype.

probably throw 40 TDs this year

it's his time now

TigeRRUppeRRcut
A ****ing niner fan/Smith stalker calling for a ban? Despite Clay's multiple sins he's added more content tho this place than you ever could.

Well you are part of the tiny minority willing to defend Clay. Congrats. ROFL
Join him in his next ban and spare us from your miserableness

RobBlake

I've never been on the Luck hype train, even though he's obviously highly skilled.. he still has room to grow and he plays for a crappy franchise

Pasta Little Brioni
08-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Fuck fantasy football. That's the root cause of this.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 05:43 PM
Fuck fantasy football. That's the root cause of this.

haven't played it in years

Valiant
08-18-2016, 05:49 PM
He's probably a little overrated right now, but his stating last year in terms of yardage and touchdowns would be chiefs all time records.

He was also just a 2nd year qb. I hope this trend continues in the turnover area, but for a 2nd year qb, I'd take it.

Been saying this awhile. If he were a chief the lounge would be named after him. He has had a solid start to his career so far.

tk13
08-18-2016, 05:56 PM
We've talked about this before... but Carr has a shot because who else is going to be good? In the next 5 years, who are the good QBs going to be? We're still waiting for a wave of young guys to take over from the Rivers, Brees and Romos of the world. Those guys are all at the end of their run. Carr's had a decent start to his career, and he has talent.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-18-2016, 06:01 PM
haven't played it in years

So it has long-term brain dead causes then

tk13
08-18-2016, 06:05 PM

Andrew Luck set rookie records, led his team to the playoffs three times and one AFC title game.

More importantly, Luck had way more control of the offense than most rookies. He gets to run the offense. Most QBs don't get that kind of power. Bruce Arians said Luck was farther along in his first season than Manning was.

mcaj22
08-18-2016, 06:06 PM
Fantasy football is not the root of this

his ADP is like 106. Round 8/9 or later. The guy isn't even good by fantasy football standards lol.

tk13
08-18-2016, 06:13 PM

Good luck with that. The guy is the Trump of the football forum. He's been here 15 years throwing out all kinds of obviously disingenuous arguments, badly misused statistics and inflammatory comments just to get attention, then if they turn out to be wrong he just pretends it never happened and creates a different argument to distract you. It's never, ever going to change. He's not here to have a legitimate discussion. He's here to bring attention to himself. You have a better shot of beating Usain Bolt while riding a sloth.

Simply Red
08-18-2016, 06:15 PM
everyone would be...these people jerk off to bray

ROFL:clap: I totally agree!

SAUTO
08-18-2016, 06:16 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

RealSNR
08-18-2016, 06:22 PM
Well you are part of the tiny minority willing to defend Clay. Congrats. ROFL

Join him in his next ban and spare us from your miserableness

Shut the fucking fuck up

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 06:25 PM
Shut the fucking fuck up

http://i25.tinypic.com/2pyqnnc.jpg

rico
08-18-2016, 06:31 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/2pyqnnc.jpg

LMAO

staylor26
08-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Carr is 6/9 for 23 yards 1 INT

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 07:02 PM
Carr is 6/9 for 23 yards 1 INT

let me be the first to say it before anyone else uses it as an excuse for the Chiefs

IT'S PRESEASON

threebag
08-18-2016, 07:21 PM
You need flushed.

Trivers
08-18-2016, 07:33 PM

What happened to the sweet, little ode, "who me?, "clay who" charade???

Mods, what good is a perm ban if you let them come back?

86 this user.

Thank you!

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2016, 07:37 PM
let me be the first to say it before anyone else uses it as an excuse for the Chiefs

IT'S PRESEASON

And you'll always be a cunty troll.

Ban him

Sorter
08-18-2016, 07:38 PM

I disagree.

Sorter
08-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Shut the fucking fuck up

https://media.giphy.com/media/brDwVn5kGIz3W/giphy.gif

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 07:47 PM

Ban him

and you'll always be the cuntiest motherfucker around here, period

i love you

OctoberFart
08-18-2016, 07:49 PM
Park the Carr. Truth is though KC would love to have a young QB like him.

RippedmyFlesh
08-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Carr reminds of Fitzpatrick. Pretty passes but deadly turnovers.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2016, 08:00 PM
and you'll always be the cuntiest motherfucker around here, period

i love you
9/13 for 38 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT

You, as always, suck at watching football.

JimNasium
08-18-2016, 08:01 PM

Ban him

He won't make it through the season. He's a douche and Bob Dole doesn't tolerate douches for long.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 08:05 PM
He won't make it through the season. He's a douche and Bob Dole doesn't tolerate douches for long.

as long as Dane is around here, CP will be swimming in douchewater

JimNasium
08-18-2016, 08:07 PM
as long as Dane is around here, CP will be swimming in douchewater

Please keep it up. The sooner you are gone the better. It was nice to have you gone and it will be better the next time.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 08:13 PM
Please keep it up. The sooner you are gone the better. It was nice to have you gone and it will be better the next time.

I'm not the problem. As clearly evidenced in the thread, others started talking about Alex Smith. I countered with opinions of my own, making no personal attacks, and others responded by acting immaturely.

Way to fuck up the thread, guys. Your own faults.

JimNasium
08-18-2016, 08:16 PM
I'm not the problem. As clearly evidenced in the thread, others started talking about Alex Smith. I countered with opinions of my own, making no personal attacks, and others acted immaturely.

You are the epitome of immature. Always have been, always will. A tiger can't change his stripes. I'm guessing you are gone by week 4. Please provide me with a pleasant surprise and exceed expectations. Oh, and please stay gone this time. It's a much more pleasant place without you and your 24 some odd user names.

New World Order
08-18-2016, 08:31 PM

Why?

We don't have an elite defense without Houston. We may not even have an elite d with him. If Smith doesn't have an elite d KC won't do much damage.

RealSNR
08-18-2016, 09:06 PM
What happened to the sweet, little ode, "who me?, "clay who" charade???

Mods, what good is a perm ban if you let them come back?

86 this user.

Thank you!

It was never a perm ban in the first place.

Clay is great. Learn to love him. Life will be much sweeter.

RealSNR
08-18-2016, 09:08 PM
Park the Carr. Truth is though KC would love to have a young QB like him.

Nick Foles.

May not ever start for us, but he's certainly Derek Carr-like.

MotherfuckerJones
08-18-2016, 09:51 PM
Nick Foles.

May not ever start for us, but he's certainly Derek Carr-like.

Yup. Put Foles in that offense with that oline. Every QB would suck in LA with that offense

Hammock Parties
08-18-2016, 10:01 PM

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/b93f1975e0319f19bf4ac4a8aab183cc/dspy4lq/TwXo1wcon/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_fw9spulerxck8w8c88g8cs4w_640.gif

jspchief
08-18-2016, 10:42 PM
Your "he hasn't proven it yet" excuse to slow the hype on Carr is hilariously hypocritical considering your opinion on every unproven Chiefs player.

It's like talking football with a Jr high kid.

RealSNR
08-18-2016, 10:44 PM
https://secure.static.tumblr.com/b93f1975e0319f19bf4ac4a8aab183cc/dspy4lq/TwXo1wcon/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_fw9spulerxck8w8c88g8cs4w_640.gif

That's the "One Little Ship" episode of DS9, right?

For a terrible episode, it was pretty good

staylor26
08-18-2016, 11:01 PM
Your "he hasn't proven it yet" excuse to slow the hype on Carr is hilariously hypocritical considering your opinion on every unproven Chiefs player.

It's like talking football with a Jr high kid.

What the **** are you talking about?

First off, I said he hasn't arrived, as in he is not yet a top 10 QB, more or less a sure thing to be a top 5 QB down the line. He's proven he belongs as a starter, but that's about it.

Second, saying somebody like Ford can still develop into a solid player instead of declaring him a bust after just 7 starts is the same thing as saying Carr still has a ways to go before he can be considered a great QB? Context is everything you ****ing moron. I'm not even bashing Carr or saying he won't be a really good QB, just objectively pointing out that he regressed at the end of last season and hasn't yet arrived. I can say one young player that hasn't yet arrived is underrated while saying another is overrated. They don't contradict themselves when I'm acknowledging that both players can still develop into good or great players.

To be clear, I'm obviously not comparing Carr and Ford on the same level here. Carr has clearly already proven he belongs as a starter, while Ford has yet to do that.

Also, am I saying that Ford is already one of the best pass rushers? Or that Steven Nelson is one of the best corners? Conley one of the best WR's? Where's the ****ing contradiction here? When did I make definitive/bold statements on any of these guys?

The irony is, the only hypocrisy here is from dumb ****s like you. You'll pick apart every young Chiefs draft pick that hasn't proven themselves without giving them the propper time to develop, then turn around and crown somebody like Carr who objectively still has ways to go in their development.

What a dipshit you are.

JimNasium
08-19-2016, 05:24 AM
It was never a perm ban in the first place.

I'd have to disagree with you and I think you've been here long enough to know his history. He started out as a nerdy troll. He spammed the board relentlessly on a holiday and got a short-term ban for it. He tried to reinvent himself as a football writer. When he failed miserably at that laughable venture, he returned to his pre-teen, millennial, hey please look at me, persona. It's become old. It's time to move on. The board is a better place without him. He's a monumental, attention whoring dick.

threebag
08-19-2016, 05:31 AM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/a/ab/Simpsons_angry_mob.png/revision/latest?cb=20070619165229

Yeah fuck Claynus. It's too late its over.

HemiEd
08-19-2016, 06:11 AM

Some of us like having him here, n00b. WTF is wrong with his posts? How many user names have you had banned?

jspchief
08-19-2016, 06:18 AM
The number of people that can't resist taking Clay's bait is comical.

Mav
08-19-2016, 06:26 AM
Why?

We don't have an elite defense without Houston. We may not even have an elite d with him. If Smith doesn't have an elite d KC won't do much damage.

Again. This defense was NOT elite when Alex Smith got here. Go back and look. I was laughed at and mocked by suggesting Alex Smith helps the defense. Whether you like him or not, Alex's ability to control the game and not turn the ball over helps the Chiefs defense. Just facts.

Mav
08-19-2016, 06:28 AM
Just gonna leave this here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160819/6071258d7a23bfacd356480c317d86e7.png

HemiEd
08-19-2016, 06:43 AM
Again. This defense was NOT elite when Alex Smith got here. Go back and look. I was laughed at and mocked by suggesting Alex Smith helps the defense. Whether you like him or not, Alex's ability to control the game and not turn the ball over helps the Chiefs defense. Just facts.

Reminds me of when Herm had to break up the "circus offense" because they scored too quick and put pressure on the defense.

Mav
08-19-2016, 06:46 AM
Reminds me of when Herm had to break up the "circus offense" because they scored too quick and put pressure on the defense.

Admittedly I wasn't around for that

MotherfuckerJones
08-19-2016, 06:50 AM
Card is just lucky he's has that oline. He sucked under pressure in college.

BleedingRed
08-19-2016, 07:05 AM
Dude this guy named CLAY has been mentioned alot since I'v been here, and years before while I was a stalking these forums.

Who is this Myth, Legend?

JimNasium
08-19-2016, 07:59 AM
Some of us like having him here, n00b. WTF is wrong with his posts? How many user names have you had banned?

Most of us don't like him. He's a douche.

JimNasium
08-19-2016, 08:01 AM

I'm not taking bait. I'm telling it like it is based on years of watching his circus tricks.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-19-2016, 08:11 AM

People who don't believe that a good offense contributes to a better defense have never played sports. It takes significantly more energy to play defense cause you are guessing routes and then covering lots of ground chasing the ball carrier. An offense that can sustain a 5-10 minute drive does wonders in providing rest for the DB's and linebackers.

beach tribe
08-19-2016, 08:13 AM

He has the worst under pressure rating in the NFL IIRC.

beach tribe
08-19-2016, 08:18 AM
People who don't believe that a good offense contributes to a better defense have never played sports. It takes significantly more energy to play defense cause you are guessing routes and then covering lots of ground chasing the ball carrier. An offense that can sustain a 5-10 minute drive does wonders in providing rest for the DB's and linebackers.
You are correct....
BUT an offense that can put up points quickly makes the other team 1 dimensional and lets pass rushers pin their ears back.

staylor26
08-19-2016, 08:27 AM

Talk shit, then avoid the argument. What a pillowbitergot.

HemiEd
08-19-2016, 08:29 AM
Admittedly I wasn't around for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkbut, but that was only like yesterday!:eek:

BleedingRed
08-19-2016, 08:31 AM
You are correct....
BUT an offense that can put up points quickly makes the other team 1 dimensional and lets pass rushers pin their ears back.

That is true as well, however..... A offense that puts up points too fast will really tire its defense out ala Chip Kelly.

Great example is the Dallas Cowboys in 2014. Everyone thought that defense was going to be WORST EVER. But because they could march 80 yards down field in 5-7 minute range their defense got time off.

Turns out the Defense looked alot better then. They are going to duplicate it this year with Zeke The Freak. (Or at least try)

HemiEd
08-19-2016, 08:33 AM
I pretty much just take each poster for what they are and the ones I don't go on ignore. I still have almost the whole 49er bunch on iggy.

I find Clayton gives the board some burst and think he has matured a lot.

Good to see you back posting Jim.

the Talking Can
08-19-2016, 08:34 AM

this

beach tribe
08-19-2016, 08:37 AM
That is true as well, however..... A offense that puts up points too fast will really tire its defense out ala Chip Kelly.

Great example is the Dallas Cowboys in 2014. Everyone thought that defense was going to be WORST EVER. But because they could march 80 yards down field in 5-7 minute range their defense got time off.

Turns out the Defense looked alot better then. They are going to duplicate it this year with Zeke The Freak. (Or at least try)

Herm Edwards seal of approval.

Chip's teams didnt score too fast, they punted too fast.

BossChief
08-19-2016, 08:46 AM
Derek Carr had 10 more scores than Alex Smith.

True, he did.

But he also had 19 combined interceptions (13) and fumbles (6)...when Alex had 10 less by only throwing 7 picks and fumbling twice...and Derek Carr had a much better OL and WRs to throw to.

So Derek Carr had 10 more scores and about 100 more yards (with 50 more attempts)...but also had 10 more turnovers. Almost double the turnovers Alex had.

Alex was better in YPA, rating, QBR, comp %, wins, rushing yards, rushing scores...and did it with lesser WRs and OL.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-19-2016, 08:50 AM

True, he did.

But he also had 19 combined interceptions (13) and fumbles (6)...when Alex had 10 less by only throwing 7 picks and fumbling twice...and Derek Carr had a much better OL and WRs to throw to.

So Derek Carr had 10 more scores and about 100 more yards (with 50 more attempts)...but also had 10 more turnovers. Almost double the turnovers Alex had.

Alex was better in YPA, rating, QBR, comp %, wins, rushing yards, rushing scores...and did it with lesser WRs and OL.

:clap:

beach tribe
08-19-2016, 08:55 AM

True, he did.

TOs are pretty much on par with TDs.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2016, 10:24 AM

Sucks in the pros against it too....which in the end if it doesn't improve it means he sucks

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2016, 10:26 AM

True, he did.

The released Clayken hath been slayed

Hammock Parties
08-19-2016, 10:28 AM
yeah you got me boy

the Raiders should trade Carr and 2 1sts for Alex right NOW

eDave
08-19-2016, 10:46 AM

Not a bannable offense. I'm glad he's back. It's the hungry fish that make it great.

saphojunkie
08-19-2016, 10:58 AM
yeah you got me boy

the Raiders should trade Carr and 2 1sts for Alex right NOW

You are so terrible at debate. So very terrible.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2016, 11:02 AM
You are so terrible at debate. So very terrible.

Arguing that a QB in his 11th year had fewer turnovers than a QB in his 2nd year isn't a legitimate argument that the former is better than the latter.

Especially when his ASTRONOMICAL turnover amount was less than 20. ROFL

But this fan base has been conditioned to value low turnovers > EVERYTHING ELSE at the QB position. Sad.

ThaVirus
08-19-2016, 11:02 AM
TOs are pretty much on par with TDs.

Not really. A TD is a guaranteed 6 while a turnover isn't necessarily guaranteed to result in points for the other team.

staylor26
08-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Not really. A TD is a guaranteed 6 while a turnover isn't necessarily guaranteed to result in points for the other team.

You did realize that whoever wins the turnover battle wins around 70% of the time though right?

Rausch
08-19-2016, 11:13 AM
Carr is a "slinger" while not being a game manager.

Smith is a game manager while not being a "slinger."

stumppy
08-19-2016, 11:14 AM

QFT

Hammock Parties
08-19-2016, 11:14 AM
It an apples and oranges argument, anyway.

Put Alex in Oakland and he would surely have more turnovers.

Unless you think it would be business as usual for him with the worst running game and a terrible defense. LMAO

Rausch
08-19-2016, 11:19 AM
It an apples and oranges argument, anyway.

Put Alex in Oakland and he would surely have more turnovers.

No, he'd be Alex.

Unless you think it would be business as usual for him with the worst running game and a terrible defense. LMAO

I completely understand Alex being him some Alex under a short leash in SF.

Here in KC He's the guy. He's in stone. He has nothing to worry about.

THROW THE FUCKING FOOTBALL...

ThaVirus
08-19-2016, 11:27 AM
You did realize that whoever wins the turnover battle wins around 70% of the time though right?

I am aware.

Just saying I disagreed with his assessment and cited my reasoning as to why.

ScareCrowe
08-19-2016, 11:28 AM
Arguing that a QB in his 11th year had fewer turnovers than a QB in his 2nd year isn't a legitimate argument that the former is better than the latter.

Especially when his ASTRONOMICAL turnover amount was less than 20. ROFL

But this fan base has been conditioned to value low turnovers > EVERYTHING ELSE at the QB position. Sad.
Actually it is. How long a player has been in the league has no bearing on how good they are right now. Now you can certainly make the point that that Carr may be better going forward as he gets experience. But if we're talking how good they are currently it's definitely a valid point.

ScareCrowe
08-19-2016, 11:31 AM
I am aware.

I wonder what the winning percentage is of teams that score more TD's than their opponent. Would be interesting to see, we always hear that turnover stat, but I've never seen a TD version.

NWTF
08-19-2016, 11:33 AM

I think he means the rate. I could be wrong.

IE if a QB passes for 35TDs you could/should expect him to have more picks than a QB that passed for 17TDs. Obviously the elite of the elite are the exception.

Generally to get high TDs you have to gamble and take risks to get some of those, and with those risks come more INTs. A lot of the offensive approach has to do with the strengths and weaknesses of the overall team.

Like Andrew Luck. He gets a lot of flack for his INTs but his D sucks so he has to make more drives count then say an Alex Smith or whoever the Broncos QB is this year, who can take a more cautious approach and pick and choose their battles knowing they have the lead, let the D do their thing, and maybe the next possession will be more favorable.

Andy Reid doesnt need Smith taking unnecessary risks when hes got a strong running game and defense thats the safer way to dictate the pace of the game more often than not. The colts dont have that luxury most of the time so turning Luck into a game manager isnt going to produce better results in the W L column. Still, QBs on teams that ask more of them still have to perform up to the level that is expected, so when they dont they still deserve a lot of the blame. Either their cut out to be a gunslinger or not. Failed gunslingers sometimes find success as game managers on well balanced teams later in their careers.

staylor26
08-19-2016, 11:41 AM
I wonder what the winning percentage is of teams that score more TD's than their opponent. Would be interesting to see, we always hear that turnover stat, but I've never seen a TD version.

You can still score without turning the ball over, hence why our ball control offense was still top 10 in ppg, while the Raiders were 17th.

vailpass
08-19-2016, 12:00 PM

True, he did.

Yep.
Thing is though, turnovers go down with experience.
Carr's TO's will decrease.
Will Smith's TDs increase?

staylor26
08-19-2016, 12:09 PM
Yep.
Thing is though, turnovers go down with experience.
Carr's TO's will decrease.
Will Smith's TDs increase?

What a stupid thing to say. There's no way of knowing that whatsoever. In fact, I'd imagine it's quite the opposite. Guys who are turnover machines usually don't change much. What happens when a QB who struggles with pressure no longer has a great OL? If Carr is a turnover machine now, he could be ****ed when the Raiders have to pay him/Mack/Cooper, and can't just go get the top FA OL every other year.

vailpass
08-19-2016, 12:16 PM
What a stupid thing to say. There's no way of knowing that whatsoever. In fact, I'd imagine it's quite the opposite. Guys who a turnover machines usually don't change much. What happens when a QB who struggles with pressure no longer has a great OL? If Carr is a turnover machine now, he'll be ****ed when the Raiders have to pay him Mack and Cooper and can't just go get the top FA OL every other year.

3rd year pro QB whose QBR has trended up in his first two years and is widely held to be a future franchise QB.
32 TDs on 13 INTs last year.
Imagine he was a Chief with his first two years that look like this and tell me what you would say:

Year YDS TD INT Rating
2015 3,987 32 13 91.1
2014 3,270 21 12 76.6

:homer:

RunKC
08-19-2016, 12:19 PM
What a stupid thing to say. There's no way of knowing that whatsoever. In fact, I'd imagine it's quite the opposite. Guys who can't defend the run or beat starting OT's with multiple moves don't change much. What happens when an OLB who struggles with stopping the run or using a 2nd move no longer have production? If Ford is a terrible run defender and can't get pressure on good OT's now, he could be ****ed when the Chiefs have to cut him and the Chiefs can't just go get the top pass rusher in FA to replace him bc they are never available.

You should read this edited version.

You always say Ford will get better with no evidence but Carr won't?

beach tribe
08-19-2016, 12:28 PM
I am aware.

And I agree.

staylor26
08-19-2016, 12:29 PM
You should read this edited version.

You always say Ford will get better with no evidence but Carr won't?

I've never said anything definitively about Ford. I'm sorry that I'm not an impatient whiny bitch about him like you and want to give him more than a half a season worth of starts before I give up on him.

As for Carr, I'm not saying that there's no hope, or that he can't get better. I'm saying we don't know whether the turnovers will decrease, just like I'm not aware if Ford will improve.

We literally just went through this shit less that a year ago with Fisher and look at where we are at now.

Also, everything you just said in that edit could be applied to a young Hali.

beach tribe
08-19-2016, 12:31 PM
You can still score without turning the ball over, hence why our ball control offense was still top 10 in ppg, while the Raiders were 17th.

That PPG stat is a pretty solid one to base an argument on.

RunKC
08-19-2016, 12:33 PM
I've never said anything definitively about Ford. I'm sorry that I'm not an impatient whiny bitch about Ford like you and want to give him more than a half a season worth of starts before I give up on him.

I'm not saying that there's no hope for Carr. I'm saying we don't know whether the turnovers will decrease, just like I'm not aware if Ford will improve.

We literally just went through this shit less that a year ago with Fisher and look at where we are at now.

Carr has an overwhelmingly higher potential at this point. He's got the most TD's of any QB in their first 2 years and has actually done something. Ford got 3 sacks on a backup OT.

Ford has been in the NFL for 3 years now and he can't make a basic read on a run play to keep contain.

Carr is by far a better player than Ford right now and it's not even close.

beach tribe
08-19-2016, 12:35 PM
I think he means the rate. I could be wrong.

IE if a QB passes for 35TDs you could/should expect him to have more picks than a QB that passed for 17TDs. Obviously the elite of the elite are the exception.

Generally to get high TDs you have to gamble and take risks to get some of those, and with those risks come more INTs. A lot of the offensive approach has to do with the strengths and weaknesses of the overall team.

Like Andrew Luck. He gets a lot of flack for his INTs but his D sucks so he has to make more drives count then say an Alex Smith or whoever the Broncos QB is this year, who can take a more cautious approach and pick and choose their battles knowing they have the lead, let the D do their thing, and maybe the next possession will be more favorable.

Andy Reid doesnt need Smith taking unnecessary risks when hes got a strong running game and defense thats the safer way to dictate the pace of the game more often than not. The colts dont have that luxury most of the time so turning Luck into a game manager isnt going to produce better results in the W L column. Still, QBs on teams that ask more of them still have to perform up to the level that is expected, so when they dont they still deserve a lot of the blame. Either their cut out to be a gunslinger or not. Failed gunslingers sometimes find success as game managers on well balanced teams later in their careers.
This is basically what I meant but it was worded incorrectly so....

staylor26
08-19-2016, 12:37 PM
Carr has an overwhelmingly higher potential at this point. He's got the most TD's of any QB in their first 2 years and has actually done something. Ford got 3 sacks on a backup OT.

Ford has been in the NFL for 3 years now and he can't make a basic read on a run play to keep contain.

Carr is by far a better player than Ford right now and it's not even close.

Reading is fundamental:

To be clear, I'm obviously not comparing Carr and Ford on the same level here. Carr has clearly already proven he belongs as a starter, while Ford has yet to do that.

Also, it's been 3 years? One preseason game and he's already done with year 3? Interesting.

RunKC
08-19-2016, 12:44 PM
He's off to a really bad start for a 3rd year player staylor. Even Andy agreed by subtling saying he played like shit last weekend.

staylor26
08-19-2016, 12:59 PM
He's off to a really bad start for a 3rd year player staylor. Even Andy agreed by subtling saying he played like shit last weekend.

Guys like Ingram, Hughes and Mercilus didn't break out till year 4, but you want me to give up on a Ford when he has significantly less real game experience than those guys did going into year 3?

Hammock Parties
08-19-2016, 12:59 PM

That's mostly due to our defense and special teams setting the offense up with favorable field position.

ScareCrowe
08-19-2016, 01:06 PM
That's mostly due to our defense and special teams setting the offense up with favorable field position.
Of course it's also easier to set the offense up with good field position when the offense is punting & giving the defense a long field to defend.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2016, 01:11 PM
Of course it's also easier to set the offense up with good field position when the offense is punting & giving the defense a long field to defend.

you da real MVP

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/8513.png&w=350&h=254

New World Order
08-19-2016, 01:21 PM

KC is first in starting field position per drive.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2016, 01:52 PM
somehow a thread about david carr turns into dee ford

but it's all my fault rite guyz

NWTF
08-19-2016, 01:57 PM

Why?

Why? Not sure what your asking. Why I would take Carr in the long run but take Smith this year? I just think Carr has a higher ceiling. Hes only has two years experience. Maybe he stinks it up and never becomes anything, but so far I think the higher probability is he improves to some degree over his career and Id bank when he does plateau he will be a better QB than what Smith is right now in his golden years.

Smith to me is a good game manager. Maybe even the league standard right now for game managers. Thats great when everything is firing on all cylinders, but things dont always go as planned. Especially when advancing in the playoffs. Sometimes you need the one guy that touches the ball every play make something happen NOW. Not some clock killing 6 minute drive with 7 minutes left down by two scores. Its not his fault, thats just not his game. Things didnt go perfect that day and when that happens hes just not the guy to make something big happen to sway the momentum back in your favor. He didnt crack, or screw up, he stayed true to his game and marched them down the field in typical fashion. Even made the final score look good, but he had no chance of actually winning the game.

staylor26
08-19-2016, 02:02 PM
Why? Not sure what your asking. Why I would take Carr in the long run but take Smith this year? I just think Carr has a higher ceiling. Hes only has two years experience. Maybe he stinks it up and never becomes anything, but so far I think the higher probability is he improves to some degree over his career and Id bank when he does plateau he will be a better QB than what Smith is right now in his golden years.

Smith to me is a good game manager. Maybe even the league standard right now for game managers. Thats great when everything is firing on all cylinders, but things dont always go as planned. Especially when advancing in the playoffs. Sometimes you need the one guy that touches the ball every play make something happen NOW. Not some clock killing 6 minute drive with 7 minutes left down by two scores. Its not his fault, thats just not his game. Things didnt go perfect that day and when that happens hes just not the guy to make something big happen to sway the momentum back in your favor. He didnt crack, or screw up, he stayed true to his game and marched them down the field in typical fashion. Even made the final score look good, but he had no chance of actually winning the game.

He did until Knile Davis fumbled it away.

Mav
08-19-2016, 02:13 PM
Carr is a "slinger" while not being a game manager.

Smith is a game manager while not being a "slinger."

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160819/7ee7f0b0546d332e54bc4f50af12e2df.png

Yeah bro. He was slinging it......

Mav
08-19-2016, 02:18 PM

And by the offense not putting the defense in bad positions.... But you always forget that. Just like when Alex arrived you swore he wouldn't have a top 10 defense to rescue him, yet here you are slurping the defense. Guess Alex is just so lucky since 2011 to have a top 10 defense at his disposal that he in no way shape or form helps. Am I rite?

New World Order
08-19-2016, 02:20 PM

We don't have an elite d like Denver to carry a game manager.

O.city
08-19-2016, 02:20 PM
And by the offense not putting the defense in bad positions.... But you always forget that. Just like when Alex arrived you swore he wouldn't have a top 10 defense to rescue him, yet here you are slurping the defense. Guess Alex is just so lucky since 2011 to have a top 10 defense at his disposal that he in no way shape or form helps. Am I rite?

He could really help them by scoring more points

Mav
08-19-2016, 02:28 PM
He could really help them by scoring more points

Not arguing that point at all....

Hammock Parties
08-19-2016, 02:36 PM
Guess Alex is just so lucky since 2011 to have a top 10 defense at his disposal that he in no way shape or form helps. Am I rite?

3-39-1

NWTF
08-19-2016, 02:37 PM
He did until Knile Davis fumbled it away.

Thats my point. The fumble happened at the start of the 3rd. Too big a mistake for this team to overcome. It stinks when a fumble in the 3rd QTR is the dagger in the back in a relatively close game. The Pats merely held serv the rest of the way. Thats why longrun Id take Carr, etc over a proven consistent game manager. It wasnt Smiths fault, but things basically do have to go perfect. Once cylinder misfires and thats all she wrote.

Mav
08-19-2016, 02:38 PM
3-39-1

Yet hasn't had a losing record as Chiefs qb, despite the fact that you claimed he couldn't win without a top 10 defense. [emoji106]

Hammock Parties
08-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Yet hasn't had a losing record as Chiefs qb, despite the fact that you claimed he couldn't win without a top 10 defense. [emoji106]

and indeed when that defense falters, he loses

which is what will happen this year, again

Mav
08-19-2016, 02:44 PM
and indeed when that defense falters, he loses

which is what will happen this year, again

Which is logical with how much money is invested in the defense. ....

Hammock Parties
08-19-2016, 03:01 PM
Which is logical with how much money is invested in the defense. ....

Understand that the defense will still play well enough to win.

Alex will not.

vailpass
08-19-2016, 03:15 PM

Is Smiff a mormon? Are you Smiff ballwashers mormons? Is that the reason you guys act this way? It's truly puzzling.

rico
08-19-2016, 03:38 PM
Is Smiff a mormon? Are you Smiff ballwashers mormons? Is that the reason you guys act this way? It's truly puzzling.

Isn't he a San Diegan? I think he played on the same HS team as Reggie Bush.

rico
08-19-2016, 03:40 PM
Somewhat irrelevant thought...when Smith's career is over, I wonder if he will be remembered primarily as a 49er or as a Chief? More years in San Fran...but so far has had more consistent success in KC.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2016, 03:40 PM
Thats my point. The fumble happened at the start of the 3rd. Too big a mistake for this team to overcome. It stinks when a fumble in the 3rd QTR is the dagger in the back in a relatively close game. The Pats merely held serv the rest of the way. Thats why longrun Id take Carr, etc over a proven consistent game manager. It wasnt Smiths fault, but things basically do have to go perfect. Once cylinder misfires and thats all she wrote.

There were a lot of things that misfired. Stop being a Claybot.

BossChief
08-19-2016, 03:55 PM
3-39-1

Real question...do you even enjoy the Chiefs games anymore?

I told you this time last year that the team was going to win its first playoff game in a long time and you should enjoy it.

Alex played his ass off and got us that win and almost single handed lay gave us a chance to beat NE, too.

What happened to you?

NWTF
08-19-2016, 03:56 PM
There were a lot of things that misfired. Stop being a Claybot.

Stop being a Homerbot.

DJ's left nut
08-19-2016, 03:59 PM

I told you this time last year that the team was going to win its first playoff game in a long time and you should enjoy it.

Alex played his ass off and got us that win and almost single handed lay gave us a chance to beat NE, too.

What happened to you?

He found a new way to get attention.

It's an act.

staylor26
08-19-2016, 04:00 PM
He found a new way to get attention.

It's an act.

So Clay wasn't always like this?

DJ's left nut
08-19-2016, 04:04 PM

He was not. He used to worship at the alter of Larry Johnson and Damon Huard. I'm pretty sure he was vehemently pro-Herm before he decided he wasn't anymore.

And I believe "Scott Pioli: Baller Ass GM" was his handi-work.

It's all shtick.

O.city
08-19-2016, 04:04 PM

Dude...

You don even know.

Clay made your views look pessimistic on the chiefs

staylor26
08-19-2016, 04:05 PM
Dude...

You don even know.

Clay made your views look pessimistic on the chiefs

So Clay is Vader and I am Luke?

He was not. He used to worship at the alter of Larry Johnson and Damon Huard. I'm pretty sure he was vehemently pro-Herm before he decided he wasn't anymore.

It's all shtick.

Wow that is fucking nuts.

O.city
08-19-2016, 04:06 PM
So Clay is Vader and I am Luke?

Maybe.

But that'll just fan the flames.

O.city
08-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Clays like beetlejuice. If people would just quit quoting or bringing it up, it'd go away

DJ's left nut
08-19-2016, 04:09 PM
Clays like beetlejuice. If people would just quit quoting or bringing it up, it'd go away

He's more like Herpes.

There's always a chance that he'll just show up and ruin your day, but if you stop picking at the sores, the chances are that he'll go away much sooner and be far less likely to infect others.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2016, 04:26 PM

It's all shtick.

He was the founding member of the Hermines, so....

DJ's left nut
08-19-2016, 04:47 PM
He was the founding member of the Hermines, so....

Yeah, I knew that, but I honestly couldn't remember if they like Herm or hated him. I'm pretty sure he had Herm as an avatar and then finally put the cross-out thing over it after a couple of years.

In either event, I think I'm content using this thread to try out a new phrase - Thread Clerpes.

Does it work? Because if so, this thread definitely has a case of Clerpes.

Mav
08-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Understand that the defense will still play well enough to win.

Alex will not.

We will see I guess.

Mav
08-19-2016, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I knew that, but I honestly couldn't remember if they like Herm or hated him. I'm pretty sure he had Herm as an avatar and then finally put the cross-out thing over it after a couple of years.

In either event, I think I'm content using this thread to try out a new phrase - Thread Clerpes.

[emoji23]

ThaVirus
08-19-2016, 06:15 PM
Why are people citing preseason stats in this thread?

Hammock Parties
08-19-2016, 07:43 PM
It's an act.

Not an act.

The Chiefs have AIDs and they gave it to me in 2010.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2016, 07:51 PM

Not like I used to. Because there's no real hope.

I'll get my mojo back when I feel it.

threebag
08-19-2016, 08:00 PM
I'll get my mojo back when I feel it.

Hopefully the mods flush you before then, your shit already stinks. It's time to vote this cocksucker off the island.

jjchieffan
08-19-2016, 08:01 PM
somehow a thread about david carr turns into dee ford

but it's all my fault rite guyz

Who the hell is talking about David Carr??? This thread is about his little brother. Dumbass!!

milkman
08-20-2016, 07:18 AM
There are a lot of bleeding vaginas in here.

You can't take Claythan, ignore him.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-20-2016, 08:32 AM

They had him shopped as an Admiral. Loved him then flip flopped like a mofo.

Titty Meat
08-20-2016, 09:33 AM
Why does this place always fall for trolls? Jesus how old are you? If you don't like it simply ignore it or use the ignore feature. Is it that fucking hard?

ChiefsCountry
08-22-2016, 11:05 AM
:popcorn:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/nfl-quarterback-rankings-2016

staylor26
08-22-2016, 11:07 AM

Cutler, Tannehill, and Bridgewater over Smith, Carr, and Bortles?

Yea, it's safe to say whoever came up with these rankings is a ****ing idiot.

jspchief
08-22-2016, 11:21 AM
There are a lot of bleeding vaginas in here.

You can't take Claythan, ignore him.

Why does this place always fall for trolls? Jesus how old are you? If you don't like it simply ignore it or use the ignore feature. Is it that fucking hard?
Some of these guys just can't control themselves. Complete lack of willpower.

O.city
08-22-2016, 11:24 AM
That list is weird. I like Jameis alot more than that guy, and he likes Matt ryan much more than I .

I like tannehill quite a bit, but he's in a no win situation.

staylor26
08-22-2016, 11:27 AM
That list is weird. I like Jameis alot more than that guy, and he likes Matt ryan much more than I .

I like tannehill quite a bit, but he's in a no win situation.

Tannehill deserves a year under Gase, and with Landry/Parker, before he's completely written off. I still think he can be a solid QB, but nothing he's done so far warrants him being ahead of those guys.

jspchief
08-22-2016, 12:20 PM

Smith might be the most frustrating quarterback on this list. His aversion to risks is almost comical at this point. While Smith avoids the costly mistakes, he limits the potential of an intriguing offense. With Jeremy Maclin and Travis Kelce, he has weapons that deserve the benefit of the doubt on those tight window throws.

When Smith isn’t hesitating to let the ball rip, he’s supremely accurate and able to tear up defenses on the ground. He is a big reason the Chiefs running game actually improved after Jamaal Charles’ season-ending injury.

Sounds pretty accurate.

jspchief
08-22-2016, 12:24 PM
Methodology

Rankings like this are always going to be subjective in nature, but we tried to eliminate any preconceived notions by disregarding stats and team success, which can be influenced by a number of factors outside of a quarterback’s control.
Instead, quarterbacks are judged based on film study. Every evaluation was based on all-22 game film from a few of that player’s most recent starts.
Emphasis has been placed on process rather than result. If a quarterback made the right play but was let down by a teammate or a defender made a spectacular play, he was graded positively. Conversely, if he made a poor decision but was bailed out, he was graded negatively.
Based on this film study, each quarterback is graded in six categories on a scale of 1-to-100, the averages producing the final scores determining the overall rankings. Here’s how those grades were weighted:
Accuracy: 20%

Arm Strength: 15%

Athleticism: 10%

Pocket presence: 20%

Field vision: 20%

Pre-snap: 15%

At least they go into how they came to the rankings. Certainly more to it than a lot of the QB lists that get tossed out there.

NJChiefsFan
08-22-2016, 01:30 PM
Some of these guys just can't control themselves. Complete lack of willpower.

Isn't that the truth. If some people do it because they enjoy it, fine. But others quote trolls and then get mad when the trolls keep throwing out more bait. It's almost unbelievable. I don't think I have anyone one ignore. It really shouldn't be that hard to just see a post for what it is.

Dave Lane
08-22-2016, 04:14 PM
Hopefully the mods flush you before then, your shit already stinks. It's time to vote this one who sucks the penis off the island.

I'll miss you.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-22-2016, 04:26 PM

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Your move.

ThaVirus
08-22-2016, 04:33 PM

Your move.

This settles it. Kirk Cousins is better than Tom Brady.

I'm glad we finally got that squared away.

NWTF
08-22-2016, 04:51 PM
This settles it. Kirk Cousins is better than Tom Brady.

I'm glad we finally got that squared away.

Well not just Kirk Cousins, but also Andy Dalton, Alex Smith and Tyrod Taylor.

Bryan Hoyer is 19th, Phillip Rivers is 20th and Andrew Luck is 25th.

I dont know the best way to rank QBs, but this isnt it.

dls6501
08-22-2016, 04:57 PM
What a god awful response to that article. Just ridiculous.

SAUTO
08-22-2016, 05:05 PM

Your move.

ROFL

vailpass
08-22-2016, 06:02 PM

Your move.

Fucking Niners fans...

OctoberFart
08-24-2016, 01:08 PM

Your move.

Cousins, taylor and SMiff are all better QB's that Rodgers, Newton, Eli Manning and Brady.