PDA

View Full Version : Football Keenan Lewis - worth a look?

Baby Lee
08-22-2016, 05:33 AM
Saints release CB, Keenan Lewis. 30yo w/injuries. But outside Peters, we aren't exactly setting the world aflame.

JoeyChuckles
08-22-2016, 05:45 AM
These types of threads need to be in a poll format, as there are only two acceptable answers here on Chiefsplanet.

1) Bring him in for a look
2) Hell no

Kman34
08-22-2016, 05:52 AM
No...players released this early are use usually brokedicks....

Deberg_1990
08-22-2016, 05:54 AM
No

There are going to be growing pains, but the Chiefs should just stick with developing the youngsters

Baby Lee
08-22-2016, 06:08 AM
No...players released this early are use usually brokedicks....

Story is he's clashing with the new DC coming off injury.

Had some juice a couple years back, certainly motivated. Question is whether he left his skills on the operating table, . . . much like many of our stars.

Kman34
08-22-2016, 06:20 AM
Story is he's clashing with the new DC coming off injury.

Had some juice a couple years back, certainly motivated. Question is whether he left his skills on the operating table, . . . much like many of our stars.

Ok... I did some reading on him... Has talent but seems to be always hurt... His DC does have a problem with him so maybe Sutton won't??

Ok...If he can pass a physical, which I doubt, maybe he could help .. But I still think he's a brokedick

WhawhaWhat
08-22-2016, 06:25 AM
Did anyone attend training camp that saw Gaines on the field? I heard reports on the radio that it looked like he didn't trust his knee yet but I never know if that's just being played up for the sake of the radio show. Just wanting to know how true that is.

Either way I don't think we need 2 guys in the secondary that are coming off of major injuries.

BlackHelicopters
08-22-2016, 06:30 AM
No. Thanks

Pasta Little Brioni
08-22-2016, 08:47 AM
Turd

In58men
08-22-2016, 09:01 AM
Bring him in for a look

Frosty
08-22-2016, 09:39 AM
Normally I would be all over this but he just hasn't been able to stay healthy the last few years.

Easy 6
08-22-2016, 10:38 AM
I'm thinking no, we have a lot of young talent who have barely begun to scratch the surface

When Berry comes back, and as Gaines becomes more comfortable with his knee, the defensive backfield wont look as questionable as it currently does

Dunerdr
08-22-2016, 11:32 AM
To close to Kendrick Lewis nah fam

Rain Man
08-22-2016, 11:35 AM

That's my concern. If we ever end up with the #1 pick again and there's a franchise quarterback available named Matt Castille, I'd probably vote to trade out of the pick. Too much pain.

Halfcan
08-22-2016, 12:05 PM

ROFL

Mr. Laz
08-22-2016, 01:47 PM
Saints release CB, Keenan Lewis. 30yo w/injuries. But outside Peters, we aren't exactly setting the world aflame.
Don't be so negative. Is there anything about the Chiefs that you do like? Why are you even a fan? We are fine, Gaines proved he was a stud before he got hurt and Nelson is ready to beast. Sean Smith is overrated and old, easy to replace.

or so i was told repeatedly by the CP brain trust

scho63
08-22-2016, 01:51 PM
Look but do not touch!

Beef Supreme
08-22-2016, 02:03 PM
I liked him in "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka."

Mr. Laz
08-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Look but do not touch!

Touch, but don't taste.
Taste, don't swallow.

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1997_Devil_s_Advocate/997DVA_Al_Pacino_024.jpg

TEX
08-22-2016, 04:49 PM
I'm thinking no, we have a lot of young talent who have barely begun to scratch the surface

When Berry comes back, and as Gaines becomes more comfortable with his knee, the defensive backfield wont look as questionable as it currently does

I think even then it will remain a problem.

Easy 6
08-22-2016, 05:01 PM
I think even then it will remain a problem.

I dont buy that, Sean Smith was a very good football player... but he isnt THAT good, losing him isnt going to cause the whole thing to collapse

Guys like Abdullah and Branch were solid as well, but it isnt like they're irreplaceable either... a couple of these young guys we've brought in will fill those spots just fine

Dorsey has a plan and its been working like a charm so far, have a little faith

TEX
08-22-2016, 05:07 PM
I dont buy that, Sean Smith was a very good football player... but he isnt THAT good, losing him isnt going to cause the whole thing to collapse

Guys like Abdullah and Branch were solid as well, but it isnt like they're irreplaceable either... a couple of these young guys we've brought in will fill those spots just fine

Hope you're right - Time will tell. I think losing Smith + No Houston is a real cause for concern.

mcaj22
08-22-2016, 05:17 PM

we didn't just lose Sean Smith. We also lost Abdullah and Branch, two guys that actually can play football.

I'm not actually concerned about the CB position as much as I am the 3rd safety when they are experimenting with Sorensen and Fleming and whatever other turd they can find. So far it looks like a complete drop off to what Abdullah/Branch did.

Abdullah could slide down as a LBer in nickel packages and actually play what was essentially a small ILBer role and be serviceable if the opposing offense tried to run. Sorensen literally just gets blown up and slides off guys when hes trying to tackle. I'm not sure the guys they want playing in the sub package can actually play anything more than their special teams roles they are used to.

ping2000
08-22-2016, 09:39 PM
Dick broke aids no

ClevelandBronco
08-23-2016, 12:15 AM
These types of threads need to be in a poll format, as there are only two acceptable answers here on Chiefsplanet.

1) Bring him in for a look
2) Hell no

"At league minimum."

Pasta Little Brioni
08-23-2016, 08:22 AM
3) Turd

The correct answer

O.city
08-23-2016, 09:16 AM
If he's healthy and would take an incentive laden deal based on health, possibly

CaliforniaChief
08-23-2016, 09:48 AM
I'll say no, but if DJ White is our alternative, we're screwed. Dude was LOST on Saturday.

Hoping for Gaines. Anyone but Fleming.

What's Keivarae Russell been doing in camp?

Mr. Laz
08-23-2016, 01:34 PM
Lewis is working out for the Steelers tonight, i guess.