PDA

View Full Version : Royals Belly Butler Gets in a Fight with Danny Valencia

gblowfish
08-22-2016, 10:50 AM
Two ex-Royals fighting in the Oakland Clubhouse. Reporters said it was over "a pair of cleats"...but I think they misunderstood Belly in the fracas...he was asking Valencia "When we eat?"... Belly gets grumpy when he's hungry. A's are 19 1/2 games out of first.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/mlb/billy-butler-injured-in-clubhouse-fight-with-as-teammate-danny-valencia-report-says/ar-BBvTC5B

Halfcan
08-22-2016, 10:56 AM
Not resigning Country Breakfast Butler sure was a smart move.

The Bunk
08-22-2016, 10:59 AM
It's funny 'cause he's fat. :rolleyes:

suzzer99
08-22-2016, 11:01 AM
If I had to pick any current or recent Royals to fight:

1. Ventura (close quarters, no baseballs he can throw at me)
2. Tim Collins
3. Belly
Anyone esle

Rooster
08-22-2016, 11:46 AM
If I had to pick any current or recent Royals to fight:

1. Ventura (close quarters, no baseballs he can throw at me)
2. Tim Collins
3. Belly
Anyone esle

I could have knocked out Soria on a few occasions this season.

BlackHelicopters
08-22-2016, 11:51 AM
I sure miss Belly's warning track power.

C3HIEF3S
08-22-2016, 11:56 AM
Belly has 4 homers in 79 games ROFL

gblowfish
08-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Cuban Breakfast is soooooo much better.

KChiefs1
08-22-2016, 09:09 PM
Valencia told the representative that he only uses the non-issue spikes during pregame workouts. According to multiple sources, Butler, who has an equipment endorsement with a different company, jumped in to tell the equipment rep that Valencia was lying and regularly uses the non-standard spikes. Butler allegedly told the representative that the company should drop Valencia’s endorsement deal.

Endorsement deals are typically worth between $10,000 and $20,000, sometimes more.

After the rep departed, the players said, Valencia confronted Butler and told him, “Don’t you ever loud-talk me in front of a rep. That was wrong,” and walked aggressively toward Butler. Butler turned around, took a couple steps toward Valencia, and according to both witnesses, said, “I can say whatever I want and your bitch ass isn’t going to do anything about it.”

One player said that the men leaned in, bumped heads and then started pushing each other, then Valencia started swinging and hit Butler in the temple. After the players broke things up, Butler told the players he was OK.

Butler, who then took part in batting practice, was not scheduled to play that night against right-hander James Shields, but he missed the next two games against left-handed starters with what manager Bob Melvin described as nausea and vomiting.

Butler has not responded to repeated texts from The Chronicle, and Valencia declined to comment when asked about the incident after Sunday’s game in Chicago.

It’s unclear what discipline Valencia might face, although it is possible he could be suspended or even released. Teammates Coco Crisp and Yonder Alonso sent supportive tweets his way, as did former Royals teammate Eric Hosmer, who also played with Butler for a number of years.

Clubhouse incidents are not uncommon, although players seldom are injured as a result. And Butler and Valencia have a long-standing loud, joking, back-and-forth relationship that dates back to their time as teammates in Kansas City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titty Meat
08-22-2016, 09:25 PM
The guy was never good never understood the love for his fatass

tk13
08-22-2016, 09:44 PM

His first few years he was a doubles machine. Then he had one year where he hit well over .300 and had 29 homers, won a Silver Slugger... then fell off the face of the earth.

Hamwallet
08-22-2016, 10:12 PM
Fat Bill was a bitch in the clubhouse and got knocked the F out. Most of the players make money on endorsements. That was a underhanded move by Butler and if he was a better player we might be back to back champs. Country Breakfast can piss off. Hosmer has been a model franchise player so I will take his word.

WhawhaWhat
08-23-2016, 07:13 AM

2009-2012 were really good years for him. Unfortunately the team was awful around him.

jettio
08-23-2016, 04:20 PM
Butler looks awful here. Sounds like he is puking, so he must have a concussion after provoking the fight.

The best thing he ever did as a Royal was in 2014, when Hosmer was on the DL, he actually played decent at 1B and improved his BA.

The other infielders that took Hosmer's glove for granted and threw 4-5 balls in the dirt every game for Hos to scoop, improved their throws so that Butler could handle 1-2 scoops a game. He deserves credit for 2014, especially for the Royals improving their position in the standings while Hosmer was on DL.

So glad Kendrys was available. Having a switch hitting Silver Slugger DH was important to having the best record in the AL and winning the World Series..

Deberg_1990
08-23-2016, 04:24 PM
Butler seems like a 'Country Douche'

Most overrated Royal of all time. Him and Sweeney

PunkinDrublic
08-23-2016, 04:30 PM
How's that money ball working for you choke land? What saber metrics told you to overpay for Billy Butler?

Buehler445
08-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Radio said Butler does indeed have a concussion.

ROFL

Gadzooks
08-23-2016, 06:38 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/ArG8Mmxw8zUmA/200.gif

Fish
09-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Bye bye Billy.... you can wipe that nasty BBQ sauce off your jersey now.....

Oakland A’s release Billy Butler weeks after clubhouse fight (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article101224742.html)

Just weeks after being involved in a brawl in the Oakland clubhouse, Billy Butler was released by the A’s on Sunday.

The A’s didn’t sugarcoat the news:

http://i63.tinypic.com/9v8cv7.jpg

Butler, who was with the Royals from 2008-2014, suffered concussion-like symptoms when he was hit in the temple after a dispute with Danny Valencia, another former Royal.

Days after the incident, Butler apologized for his actions. On Sunday, Butler told reporters that he didn’t think the fight influenced Oakland’s decision.

In six games after returning to the team, Butler batted .091 (1 for 11) with two walks and an RBI. For the season, Butler has a slash line of .276/.331/.403 in 242 plate appearances over 85 games.

Butler signed a three-year, $30 million contract with Oakland a few weeks after the Royals advanced to the World Series in 2014. USA Today’s Jorge L. Ortiz reported that the A’s still owe Butler $11.67 million

The A’s made the move a day before the team is set to open a four-game series against the Royals at Kauffman Stadium. Butler told reporters he was happy for the timing.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article101224742.html#storylink=cpy

Chiefspants
09-12-2016, 02:23 PM
As stated before, this was a bad month for Billy.

He narcs on a teammate, gets punched out. Gets fined and has to apologize to the team after getting his bell rung. Eric Hosmer takes Valencia's side in the matter. Mike Sweeney then goes on the air and calls him a clubhouse cancer and says the Royals were happy to be rid of him, and to top it off he gets released.

I'll always appreciate his clutch hits in the WC game. We would not have won that game without him. It was like Beane only watched Billy in that game and decided to give him 30 million.

Lex Luthor
09-12-2016, 02:43 PM
As stated before, this was a bad month for Billy.

He narcs on a teammate, gets punched out. Gets fined and has to apologize to the team after getting his bell rung. Eric Hosmer takes Valencia's side in the matter. Mike Sweeney then goes on the air and calls him a clubhouse cancer and says the Royals were happy to be rid of him, and to top it off he gets released.

I'll always appreciate his clutch hits in the WC game. We would not have won that game without him. It was like Beane only watched Billy in that game and decided to give him 30 million.

Billy Beane is the most overrated GM in the history of sports. What he has done to the A's the last 3 years is brutal.

The Moneyball teams were good because the pitching staff had three aces: Mark Mulder, Tim Hudson, and Barry Zito. Billy Beane's "genius" was not the cause. When the big three left, the A's became very ordinary.

gblowfish
09-12-2016, 02:47 PM
I wonder what Belly's gonna do with $10 million and no job next year??

BWillie
09-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Billy Beane is the most overrated GM in the history of sports. What he has done to the A's the last 3 years is brutal.

The Moneyball teams were good because the pitching staff had three aces: Mark Mulder, Tim Hudson, and Barry Zito. Billy Beane's "genius" was not the cause. When the big three left, the A's became very ordinary.

He DID have a great system in place for finding under valued players. The problem was Beane refused to adjust. MLB now probably OVERVALUES those fat guys who cant field, but walk, K, and hit for reasonable power. The Royals and DM basically ARE moneyball but moneyball 2.0 because they find and use undervalued players based on park adjustment factors. Its cheaper & more effective to get guys with good OF Defense, speed, and contact hitting. They did the exact same thing that Beane did 15 years ago, they found MLB market flaws & exploited it to their advantage. Problem is just that Beane refuses to adjust. The game is constantly evolving

Chiefspants
09-12-2016, 04:06 PM

I think Beane's revival from 2012-2014 showed that his ideas weren't a flash in the pan. He adjusted, added speed, scouted our undervalued prospects (Donaldson) and added his tested and true 3 outcome players (Moss) to build WS caliber teams again.

...Which makes his moves 2014 onward all the more perplexing. Why would you make the equivalent of the Wil Myers trade type haul for pitchers worse than Shields and who only had control of for a half season? Why would you trade your cleanup hitter in the middle of a pennant race? Why would you trade an MVP caliber player for the sad haul he got for Donaldson. Why would you pay $30 million to landlock your DH on a team famous for keeping it in a floating capacity?
Why would you then commit 22 millions to Ryan Madson on a team in rebuilding mode?

Don't get me wrong, he's still made savvy moves in the process. Nabbing Manaea for a half season of Zo was a money move (he even threw shade at Moore for pulling that off, saying he didn't think Moore would give him away for 80 games of Zo). But his moves since 2014 suggest that the chase for the wild card game and it's result broke him for a while, or he may be falling out of touch with the game.

A recent article by Neyer shed light on the fact that he may be falling behind today's analytics driven movement. While teams are adding whole departments for analytics, he has relatively few people who research with him or who can overrule him on his decisions.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-12-2016, 05:05 PM
I wonder what Belly's gonna do with $10 million and no job next year??

Technically he can draw unemployment and bring in another $957 every two weeks.