PDA

View Full Version : Life How would you handle this work situation?

BigRichard
08-23-2016, 03:45 PM
I work in an offsite building for a hospital. They were always a little short on parking but they recently built a new building next to us which knocked out another 45 stalls and they are stating when the new building actually opens we will be short 100 parking stalls. They are currently shuttling people from about a mile away down to the location. The shuttle runs from our building to the hospital to the another offsite location back to the parking garage. A bit of a time killer.

When parking was a little short before we would sometimes park in the legal residential parking on some of the side streets. They sent out an email last week stating we were no longer allowed to do this. They even went so far as to put tickets from security on peoples cars who had parked there. I wish I knew what the tickets said but I haven't talked to anyone that had gotten one yet. They know which cars are employees by stickers that are required to park anywhere at the hospital or on campus.

As sometimes I like to be a little bit of a rabble rouser I am trying to think of the best response if I should happen to get a ticket parking in the residential area. I know they can fire you for anything but I really can't see how they can tell you not to park in a legal parking spot. I wouldn't push this to that extreme anyway. I would however be willing to cause a little bit of a ruckus over it. Any suggestions?

jjchieffan
08-23-2016, 03:54 PM
Put rat poison in the coffee creamer. As people die off, spots will open up. Maybe some of your bosses too. You could wind up getting promoted to a position that gets an assigned parking spot. Problem solved. Your welcome.

Simply Red
08-23-2016, 03:56 PM
yes - definitely go postal - if ever there were a time!!

BigRichard
08-23-2016, 03:56 PM
Put rat poison in the coffee creamer. As people die off, spots will open up. Maybe some of your bosses too. You could wind up getting promoted to a position that gets an assigned parking spot. Problem solved. Your welcome.

This is number one on my list of suggestions from this thread. Thank you.

Kiimo
08-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Don't illegally park.

/Los Angeles resident who has no sympathy.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k203/kiimosabe/culvercityfull_facebook.jpg~original

BigRichard
08-23-2016, 03:58 PM
Don't illegally park.

/Los Angeles resident who has no sympathy.

I don't think you read it correctly. But I will agree with your statement.

Kiimo
08-23-2016, 04:01 PM
You're right I put "il" in front of legally in my mind.

Simply Red
08-23-2016, 04:02 PM

very sweet of you to be honest like that.

BigRichard
08-23-2016, 04:03 PM

Well you are from Los Angeles...:D

Kiimo
08-23-2016, 04:05 PM
How can a company give you a parking ticket for parking legally? You're right this is messed up.

I don't like it when people with no authority like to think they have some. My pet peeve in this area is when some non-police officer who makes 8 bucks an hour working for a parking lot or some business tries to direct traffic that goes by their business.

F you, guy. Your flashlight doesn't make you shit.

RippedmyFlesh
08-23-2016, 04:07 PM
Bitching about it isn't going to change anything so I wouldn't bother myself. Piss me off yes bitch about it when nothing can be done no.

InChiefsHeaven
08-23-2016, 04:09 PM
I used to work at a large insurance company here in Omaha. Back before they had enough spots, I used to park in the neighborhood next to our complex. The people who lived there absolutely hated us. Yes, we were parking legally, but the people in the neighborhood were having a hard time parking near their own house. I can see why it's lame to park in the neighborhood, but when your work doesn't give you other options, it's a catch 22.

Your work provides a shuttle. It's inconvenient, but better than nothing. I'd bet your work has been hearing it from the people who live there, and they are trying to make everyone happy.

Take the shuttle. Enjoy the ride.

Deberg_1990
08-23-2016, 04:09 PM
I work in an offsite building for a hospital. They were always a little short on parking but they recently built a new building next to us which knocked out another 45 stalls and they are stating when the new building actually opens we will be short 100 parking stalls. They are currently shuttling people from about a mile away down to the location. The shuttle runs from our building to the hospital to the another offsite location back to the parking garage. A bit of a time killer.

When parking was a little short before we would sometimes park in the legal residential parking on some of the side streets. They sent out an email last week stating we were no longer allowed to do this. They even went so far as to put tickets from security on peoples cars who had parked there. I wish I knew what the tickets said but I haven't talked to anyone that had gotten one yet. They know which cars are employees by stickers that are required to park anywhere at the hospital or on campus.

As sometimes I like to be a little bit of a rabble rouser I am trying to think of the best response if I should happen to get a ticket parking in the residential area. I know they can fire you for anything but I really can't see how they can tell you not to park in a legal parking spot. I wouldn't push this to that extreme anyway. I would however be willing to cause a little bit of a ruckus over it. Any suggestions?

yea dude, uunleash HELL!!

mr. tegu
08-23-2016, 04:14 PM
I get that you are legally parked in a residential area, but if you were a resident dealing with a hundred extra cars you wouldn't be happy about it. I feel like the neighborhood probably does have some authority to enforce not allowing non residents to park there all day. Maybe they are having security put the tickets there so that the police don't have to get involved.

SAUTO
08-23-2016, 04:17 PM
I have parking issues, every fucking day .

EVERY FUCKING DAY MOTHERFUCKERS!

ScareCrowe
08-23-2016, 04:17 PM
So you said the only reason they can tell it's an employee is because of the sticker. Then you said you only needed the sticker to park at the hospital. Couldn't you just remove the sticker & therefore park with no consequences?

I mean if you can't ever park in their lot & obviously don't want to park in their ancillary lots what purpose does the sticker serve other than outing you when you park on the street?

BigRichard
08-23-2016, 04:31 PM
So you said the only reason they can tell it's an employee is because of the sticker. Then you said you only needed the sticker to park at the hospital. Couldn't you just remove the sticker & therefore park with no consequences?

I mean if you can't ever park in their lot & obviously don't want to park in their ancillary lots what purpose does the sticker serve other than outing you when you park on the street?

You also have to have the sticker to park in the lot at the offsite building. I might not have made that clear. I typically do park in the lot as I am one of the first ones in the building in the morning. This only happens if I have to take a late lunch or something. I come back and all the stalls are gone.

digger
08-23-2016, 04:32 PM
Get to work early, before all the spaces are taken.
http://www.swab-music.ch/6am/site/pics/6am_001.gif

PunkinDrublic
08-23-2016, 04:34 PM
Without reading the story I'm going to suggest antifreeze.

Shogun
08-23-2016, 04:34 PM
take your sticker off

Shogun
08-23-2016, 04:35 PM
You also have to have the sticker to park in the lot at the offsite building. I might not have made that clear. I typically do park in the lot as I am one of the first ones in the building in the morning. This only happens if I have to take a late lunch or something. I come back and all the stalls are gone.

Just get a sticker and laminate it, get a pouch that sticks to the window, take it out when needed, and put it back in when needed. Problem Solved.

BigRichard
08-23-2016, 04:36 PM
Just get a sticker and laminate it, get a pouch that sticks to the window, take it out when needed, and put it back in when needed. Problem Solved.

Hah, this may not be a bad idea..

BlackHelicopters
08-23-2016, 04:37 PM
Buy a Vespa scooter.

Bwana
08-23-2016, 04:41 PM
I guess I can kind of see both sides to this. You have to park someplace but I have also been on the other side of the fence.

Last summer some hairy ditch pig looking chick would come and park out in front of my house about every other day and walk off. It took me awhile to figure out what she was doing which was walking two blocks and boning some married guy while his wife was at work and or out of town.

Neither here nor there, but it was a hot summer and kept me from watering the front yard because I have well water and I didn't want to get any on her car.

Then the week of reckoning came when she was in front of the house for 6 days in a row. The lawn starting looking like the one on the Oak Express commercial "that's not natural."

I finally happened to be there when she was getting in her car one night, explained the situation, she gave me attitude and parked there the next day. I said fuck it and fired up the sprinklers for a good all day lawn soaking and her car got a good watering as well. After that she didn't park there anymore.

srvy
08-23-2016, 05:15 PM

This ^^^

Kiimo
08-23-2016, 05:20 PM

You are worthy of the Shogunate.

Willie Lanier
08-23-2016, 05:30 PM
I guess I can kind of see both sides to this. You have to park someplace but I have also been on the other side of the fence.

Last summer some hairy ditch pig looking chick would come and park out in front of my house about every other day and walk off. It took me awhile to figure out what she was doing which was walking two blocks and boning some married guy while his wife was at work and or out of town.

Neither here nor there, but it was a hot summer and kept me from watering the front yard because I have well water and I didn't want to get any on her car.

Then the week of reckoning came when she was in front of the house for 6 days in a row. The lawn starting looking like the one on the Oak Express commercial "that's not natural."

I finally happened to be there when she was getting in her car one night, explained the situation, she gave me attitude and parked there the next day. I said **** it and fired up the sprinklers for a good all day lawn soaking and her car got a good watering as well. After that she didn't park there anymore.

:clap:ROFL

That's exactly how I would handle that situation

Pasta Little Brioni
08-23-2016, 05:30 PM
Douche move to park in a residential area like that...huge Douchette move

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-23-2016, 05:39 PM
You need to park as far away as possible from your work and walk that fat ass.

Eureka
08-23-2016, 05:39 PM
As a home owner I had to deal with people like you parking in front of my house often. One day I approached a guy who would park their sometimes and offered one of my driveway spots for a fee (325$ for a year). He accepted and ended up being a cool aqauintance. I got to meet his lil sis after he casually invited me to a BBQ and ended up boning her quite often. He eventually didn't like his lil sis in his parking spot he had paid for. ESP in the early morning hours. He didn't re-up the next year.

See if you can buy a space from a local home owner.

BigRichard
08-23-2016, 05:44 PM
I am considering buying one of these for a little farther commute...

https://www.amazon.com/Super-1000watt-Electric-Scooter-Button/dp/B001T8E6KM/ref=sr_1_9?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1471993724&sr=1-9&keywords=adult+scooter

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-23-2016, 05:48 PM
As a home owner I had to deal with people like you parking in front of my house often. One day I approached a guy who would park their sometimes and offered one of my driveway spots for a fee (325$ for a year). He accepted and ended up being a cool aqauintance. I got to meet his lil sis after he casually invited me to a BBQ and ended up boning her quite often. He eventually didn't like his lil sis in his parking spot he had paid for. ESP in the early morning hours. He didn't re-up the next year.

See if you can buy a space from a local home owner.

Fucking Brilliant ! Took an annoying situation and turned it into getting paid to bone the guys sister. You are now CP royalty.

seclark
08-23-2016, 05:53 PM
yeah, i don't know, but i think if you're gonna hire a person to come to work, you ought to have a fuckin place for them to park. maybe i'm missing something.

but, if you fix that problem, all the other bitches are taken care of.

now, if i was bwana, i'd pray that that whore would see her evil ways and at least take a cab.
sec

rtmike
08-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Hah, this may not be a bad idea..

Someone trying to look good will point out to a supe that in fine print it says the decal needs to be applied to the bumper.

We have the main hospital about a mile away. Wife worked there for about 16 years before they moved her. Anyhoots, same thing, neighbors bitching. They even had a task force following people who parked in residential & walked.

I know people really freak out if they're parked in an ADA stall with no permit & I start wheeling around it taking pictures. I make it a point to act like I'm zooming in on the license plate. I'm not actually taking pictures but I do have my video on stand by.
I had a Father come inside to a soccer game & approached me cause I left him a note (outfit gives them away) saying he was being reported to local authorities. He was all pissed off cause someone in a stall next to his hugged his stall so he hugged the ADA stall. It's a ticket. I told him that excuse doesn't make a difference. I then tried to explain & show him, (I was sitting in the bleachers) how I needed the whole stall when drivers side meets up with regular parking. I never was able to finish cause he kept apologizing.

All people have to do is talk to me. If they want to be Richard's, so be it, :harumph:

Parking. Lol, the only time I really accept the fact I'm broke. We wait in lines, etc., @ airports but I used to need those stalls when I dis/assembled my chair & I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some lazy, white trash park in a stall that I need & am LEGAL for and not say something.

It's funny. Whenever someone even hints at disabled parking my wife will say in some way, "Oh boy, here we go." lol

notorious
08-23-2016, 06:02 PM
Work should be paying for your time on the shuttle.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-23-2016, 06:05 PM
Big Rich be lookin for a bang maid to exchange for parking

TribalElder
08-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Scrape that parking sticker off your car and park in visitor parking

Buehler445
08-23-2016, 06:19 PM

I finally happened to be there when she was getting in her car one night, explained the situation, she gave me attitude and parked there the next day. I said fuck it and fired up the sprinklers for a good all day lawn soaking and her car got a good watering as well. After that she didn't park there anymore.

As soon as it became habitual id have irrigated the fuck out of her car.

Coincidentally someone was doing this at the coop my buddy runs. Pretty ingenious (CP spelling). There are always cars at the coop.

EXCEPT one of her husbands friends worked there and clued him in.

This. Get a proposal and get it signed by everyone in your building outlining the problems with wasting that much time. Get them to get a phone app time card that goes off GPS and submit it to management.

The more signatures the better.

jspchief
08-23-2016, 06:29 PM
Douche move to park in a residential area like that...huge Douchette move
Douche move for a business to have facilities that don't have enough parking to support employees/customers. This is on the hospital and they should put in adequate parking. The residents and employees are both getting the shaft because of a bottom line.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-23-2016, 06:56 PM
Agreed but it's not the residents fault. Everyone here would be pissed if they couldn't get a spot for their fam in a situation like this.

mdstu
08-23-2016, 06:59 PM

That's what I was wondering, if I'm on the clock I'd have no problem taking the shuttle even if it was extremely inconvenient. If not I'd probably be in contact with my boss about renegotiating my compensation.

cdcox
08-23-2016, 07:26 PM

I finally happened to be there when she was getting in her car one night, explained the situation, she gave me attitude and parked there the next day. I said **** it and fired up the sprinklers for a good all day lawn soaking and her car got a good watering as well. After that she didn't park there anymore.

I was hoping that the story would end with you putting a pile of leaves around her car.

Bwana
08-23-2016, 07:47 PM
I was hoping that the story would end with you putting a pile of leaves around her car.

Oh trust me bud, if it would have been in the fall, that's exactly how it would have ended.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-23-2016, 07:55 PM
Dog accidently shit on her windshield :)

Rain Man
08-23-2016, 11:49 PM
Douche move for a business to have facilities that don't have enough parking to support employees/customers. This is on the hospital and they should put in adequate parking. The residents and employees are both getting the shaft because of a bottom line.

This is my thinking. If you bring employees in, you should have a place for them to park. Street parking should be for transient needs, not everyday services.

I live in a busy central-city neighborhood, and parking is an issue for new development. We have a 30-unit apartment building being built a block from my house, and it's going to have 20 parking spots. Assuming that everyone owns a car, parking will suddenly become an issue on my block. The new building is basically taking public space for their own private profit, and that's not right.

Valiant
08-24-2016, 08:11 AM

Were the windows down? How would water make anyone mad?

As for topic. Is this cerner? First I would be pissed if I were a homeowner with all those cars in front of my house. There needs to be more pushback on the company to build parking garage, especially if there are that many employees parking.

If you are going to park in residential, modify your sticker to be removable. Security ticket should not mean shit, especially if you do not have your work sticker signifying you work there.

Back when i was retail, our bosses said we could not park close to the building. Had to be three islands out. Well we had breakins and other damage in the past. I parked out there finally. Within one week, damage from a cart hitting by blazer and a breakin.

I filed a claim to work to pay for the damage, corporates response we do not own the parking lot. So I asked but you forced us to park out there with no security or cameras. Same response. So i told my store manager to eat a dick and parked in the first spot next to building. He tried for months to get me to move. Kept telling him talk to corporate offices then. Eventually he started parking up front also.

Bwana
08-24-2016, 08:16 AM
Were the windows down? How would water make anyone mad?

Do you know anything about well water?

Valiant
08-24-2016, 08:20 AM
My friend also had some aholes across the street. 3 families in one house. Parents had both of their kids move back in with their families. He felt bad as the.parents were nice, but both kids were standard trash.
The kids would not park in front of thier house or in the driveway. 3 cars always in front of his house, all beaters. He asked the parents to see about moving them, kids said no because they did not want to do a car shuffle. Too inconvenient.

I made some metal spikes to shove into the ground between the road and curb. Sadly my friend did not want touse them. Took them four months to sell the house when they moved and about 10k less then they should of got. All because of the parking.

DJ's left nut
08-24-2016, 08:29 AM
Don't be an asshole.

It's residential. Would you be excited if a bunch of people were using your curb as a parking lot?

It's a shitty thing to do as a matter of practice. Don't punish the poor schlubs across the street because your employer did a piss-poor job of planning.

tx4chiefs
08-24-2016, 08:38 AM
If you like your job, just suck up the bus and make the best of it. Take the parking spot when you get there early enough.

DeepSouth
08-24-2016, 08:43 AM
Suggest they serve free beer on the Shuttle.

CaliforniaChief
08-24-2016, 08:46 AM
As was stated, I'm sure your employer is hearing plenty of uproar over this.

Until the discomfort of HR becomes too great, just take the shuttle and try and make the most of it.

BigRichard
08-24-2016, 09:21 AM
Don't be an asshole.

It's residential. Would you be excited if a bunch of people were using your curb as a parking lot?

It's a shitty thing to do as a matter of practice. Don't punish the poor schlubs across the street because your employer did a piss-poor job of planning.

Ummm... I pay city taxes too. I am a city resident. I never knew you could lay claim to a curb parking spot. I should tell my neighbors to quit parking in front of my house.

tooge
08-24-2016, 09:31 AM
Feign an injury to either of your legs. Go to the doc, complain of pain and numbness. Get the handicapped card. Hang it from the rear view mirror. Park right up front. They are never all used anyhow. It wasn't your fault you had to cheat the system. Your job made you do it.

Or, park in your bosses spot. But don't leave the car. Just sit there till your boss arrives. Tell him/her "good luck trying to find a spot in this clusterfuck"

BigRichard
08-24-2016, 09:34 AM
Feign an injury to either of your legs. Go to the doc, complain of pain and numbness. Get the handicapped card. Hang it from the rear view mirror. Park right up front. They are never all used anyhow. It wasn't your fault you had to cheat the system. Your job made you do it.

Or, park in your bosses spot. But don't leave the car. Just sit there till your boss arrives. Tell him/her "good luck trying to find a spot in this cluster****"

Funny thing is for a hospital site they only have two handicap spots which are always used. I am guessing there is someone who is handicapped getting hosed here.

DJ's left nut
08-24-2016, 09:39 AM
Ummm... I pay city taxes too. I am a city resident. I never knew you could lay claim to a curb parking spot. I should tell my neighbors to quit parking in front of my house.

So you'd be cool if folks you've never met just started parking in front of your house?

What you can do and what you should do are two different things. You're being a dick to people that almost certainly don't want you parking there (as made obvious by their call for security) because you're either lazy or pissed off at your employer.

It's shitty.

tooge
08-24-2016, 09:44 AM
Anonymous letters containing your feces to the boss should do it.

BigRichard
08-24-2016, 10:12 AM
So you'd be cool if folks you've never met just started parking in front of your house?

What you can do and what you should do are two different things. You're being a dick to people that almost certainly don't want you parking there (as made obvious by their call for security) because you're either lazy or pissed off at your employer.

It's shitty.

Yes, parking in a perfectly legal spot (during the day no less)is a shitty thing to do. I will keep that in mind.

BigRichard
08-24-2016, 10:14 AM
Anonymous letters containing your feces to the boss should do it.

This moved up to my number one suggestion.

scho63
08-24-2016, 10:17 AM
If the biggest issue you have to deal with at your job is parking, consider yourself lucky and STFU!

DJ's left nut
08-24-2016, 10:18 AM
Yes, parking in a perfectly legal spot (during the day no less)is a shitty thing to do. I will keep that in mind.

So you are, in fact, an asshole.

I will likewise keep that in mind.

BigRichard
08-24-2016, 10:21 AM
So you are, in fact, an asshole.

I will likewise keep that in mind.

Good for you. Yes, I am a huge asshole. I am glad you and I can come to that determination from this.

Beef Supreme
08-24-2016, 10:46 AM
http://gyroplanetraining.com/images/Nikon_42915_268.jpg

Beef Supreme
08-24-2016, 10:47 AM
Don't be an asshole.

And this!

BigRichard
08-24-2016, 10:55 AM
http://gyroplanetraining.com/images/Nikon_42915_268.jpg

I still might have to park that in the residential.

Beef Supreme
08-24-2016, 10:56 AM
Roof.

Iowanian
08-24-2016, 11:00 AM
Get a scooter. Duh.

BigRichard
08-24-2016, 11:02 AM
Get a scooter. Duh.

I actually was thinking about this.

Bugeater
08-24-2016, 12:00 PM
Or ride the bike you already have

Rain Man
08-24-2016, 12:05 PM

It's shitty.

The funny thing is that I live in a very dense part of Denver, so I always have cars parked in front of my house. It's just life in the city.

So as you bring this up, it made me ponder my earlier response to not park in a residential area. It just seems weird in some neighborhoods because there are no cars parked there, but in my neighborhood it's normal. I don't even think about it.

BigRichard
08-24-2016, 12:06 PM
Or ride the bike you already have

I have in the past. My membership at the local gym is up and there really isn't any place to shower if I do. Can't really be at work all sweaty.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2016, 12:06 PM

Douche move dude...wow.

BigRichard
08-24-2016, 12:07 PM
The funny thing is that I live in a very dense part of Denver, so I always have cars parked in front of my house. It's just life in the city.

So as you bring this up, it made me ponder my earlier response to not park in a residential area. It just seems weird in some neighborhoods because there are no cars parked there, but in my neighborhood it's normal. I don't even think about it.

Exactly, people can't seem to comprehend anything out of their own little world. My street is filled very often with people parking on it. It never bothers me as I realize I don't own the street. Apparently all my neighbors and half the people I work with are assholes and douches.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2016, 12:10 PM
ROFL I'm suuuuure you'd be happy if someone in your own fam couldn't even park in front of your own damn place.

loochy
08-24-2016, 12:11 PM
ROFL I'm suuuuure you'd be happy if someone in your own fam couldn't even park in front of your own damn place.

driveway and garage mate

BigRichard
08-24-2016, 12:13 PM
driveway and garage mate

Exactly

ScareCrowe
08-24-2016, 12:30 PM
Exactly, people can't seem to comprehend anything out of their own little world. My street is filled very often with people parking on it. It never bothers me as I realize I don't own the street. Apparently all my neighbors and half the people I work with are assholes and douches.
The house I grew up in was abut a half block from the local high school. They had no student lot & there were only about 50 or so spots on the street in front of the school. So everyone just had to find spots on the street. My street was literally loaded with cars every school day. In fact my friends would just park in my driveway because unless you got there about an hour early you were walking several blocks.

It actually got so bad that they had to make one side of the street no parking because 2 cars couldn't fit in the street at the same time. Once they got that cleared up it wasn't the huge deal people are making it out to be having a few cars parked on the street in front of my house. Honestly I can't think of one time it was an issue at all.

BigRichard
08-24-2016, 12:38 PM
The house I grew up in was abut a half block from the local high school. They had no student lot & there were only about 50 or so spots on the street in front of the school. So everyone just had to find spots on the street. My street was literally loaded with cars every school day. In fact my friends would just park in my driveway because unless you got there about an hour early you were walking several blocks.

It actually got so bad that they had to make one side of the street no parking because 2 cars couldn't fit in the street at the same time. Once they got that cleared up it wasn't the huge deal people are making it out to be having a few cars parked on the street in front of my house. Honestly I can't think of one time it was an issue at all.

I am also currently taking classes and the students fill up the residential areas around the college trying to save a couple of hundred bucks from parking on campus.

Demonpenz
08-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Homeowners getting pissed over stupid shit? color me shocked.

Saulbadguy
08-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Work from home.

Chief Pagan
08-24-2016, 03:09 PM
How big of a douche move it is to regularly park in front of someone else's residential house really depends a lot on the nature of the neighborhood.

In a crowded and/or urban enough place, sure it is just first come first serve.

But if, as a homeowner, it went from a situation where it was easy to park on the street in front of your own house to one where employees of a nearby business suddenly starting filling the entire street up, yea, that would be annoying.

Some areas you have to have a sticker to park in a given residential area. I guess that neighborhood could go to the city and ask that they do that.

displacedinMN
08-24-2016, 04:38 PM
http://www.segway.com/media/1214/02_tours_segway.png

http://d2svke4rezsrcy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/04084309/jpa001.jpg

I can't wait for the day I can jetpack to school.

jspchief
08-24-2016, 05:46 PM
Agree that taking up neighborhood spots isn't the most polite thing, but it's probably the most effective way to exert pressure on the employer to solve the parking issue. They don't care if they piss off their employees, but it could be an issue if the neighborhood comes together to make a stink.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2016, 05:55 PM
WIll the guys with the ugly wives have them drop them off a block away like the kids embarrassed of the parent dropping them off for school?

Psyko Tek
08-24-2016, 10:49 PM

show up on time or early for work problem solved
unless you got multiple shifts then I dunno

Bwana
08-25-2016, 07:49 AM
Problem solved! :)

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/08/25/mathmetician-solves-puzzle-parking-lots/

loochy
08-25-2016, 08:11 AM
Problem solved! :)

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/08/25/mathmetician-solves-puzzle-parking-lots/

OMG BRILLIANT!

IF ONLY PEOPLE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT YEARS AND YEARS AGO

oh wait, they did

what an amazing mathematician :rolleyes:

Bwana
08-25-2016, 08:14 AM
OMG BRILLIANT!

IF ONLY PEOPLE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT YEARS AND YEARS AGO

oh wait, they did

Are you saying the math nerd didn't come up with some great new idea? :eek: Say it isn't so!

stumppy
08-25-2016, 08:15 AM
Are you saying the math nerd didn't come up with some great new idea? :eek: Say it isn't so!

He's probably still trying to figure out how to make the "Pocket Protector" cool.

loochy
08-25-2016, 08:15 AM

It angers me that he tries to take credit for that.

The lots here have been like that for at least 8 years. I can't comment on the years before that but I assume it goes back much farther than that.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.7694504,-97.4469729,350m/data=!3m1!1e3

loochy
08-25-2016, 08:18 AM
Hey guys, I just came up with this thing I call "a writing stick".

It is a small cylindrical object, about 6 inches long and .25 inches in diameter.

It has ink inside and when you move your hand, the ink transfers to the writing surface.

This will revolutionize the way we communicate.

Bwana
08-25-2016, 08:22 AM
Hey guys, I just came up with this thing I call "a writing stick".

It is a small cylindrical object, about 6 inches long and .25 inches in diameter.

It has ink inside and when you move your hand, the ink transfers to the writing surface.

This will revolutionize the way we communicate.

Perhaps Professor David can get into the clock building business next?

loochy
08-25-2016, 08:24 AM
Perhaps Professor David can get into the clock building business next?

Is professor David an annoying 14 year old political pawn from Texas?
http://9502-presscdn-0-95.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Ahmed-Mohammed-Clock.jpg

Beef Supreme
08-25-2016, 08:30 AM
It angers me that he tries to take credit for that.

The lots here have been like that for at least 8 years. I can't comment on the years before that but I assume it goes back much farther than that.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.7694504,-97.4469729,350m/data=!3m1!1e3

Wtf. Someone is trying to take credit for mathematically figuring out 45 degree angle parking is more efficient ... in 2016? I remember seeing a Happy Days episode where Richie Cunningham was running for class president on a campaign that promised to do that at the school parking lot.

Bwana
08-25-2016, 08:47 AM
Wtf. Someone is trying to take credit for mathematically figuring out 45 degree angle parking is more efficient ... in 2016?

Professor David is a genius!

loochy
08-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Wtf. Someone is trying to take credit for mathematically figuring out 45 degree angle parking is more efficient ... in 2016? I remember seeing a Happy Days episode where Richie Cunningham was running for class president on a campaign that promised to do that at the school parking lot.

Here is the actual article from The Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1670402/mathematician-discovers-a-simple-trick-which-could-revolutionise-parking/