PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs YOUR Updated Chiefs Roster? Who is cut and who stays?

Trivers
08-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Now that the most important pre-season game vs. Chicago has been been completed with the Chiefs looking sharp.

Cuts are due by 3pm CST Tuesday.

Who stays and who goes?

How many WRs, QBs, RBs, TEs?

Who goes and who stays?

What say yea?

MOndayaction
1WAIVED
Guard Garrick Mayweather i

Saturday action
1 ADDED
CB Acker

Sunday action:
1 ADDED
S Berry

8 WAIVED
Player | Pos. | Ht. | Wt. | College | Hometown

Bryce Cheek | DB | 6-0 | 195 | Akron | Lewis Center, Ohio

Niko Davis | DL | 6-5 | 285 | Liberty | Buffalo, N.Y.

Curtis Feigt | OL | 6-6 | 310 | West Virginia | Mercersburg, Pa.

Malcolm Jackson | CB | 5-11 | 180 | Charleston Southern | Sugar Hill, Ga.

Seantavius Jones | WR | 6-3 | 200 | Valdosta State | Tucker, Ga.

Jonathan Massaquoi | LB | 6-2 | 264 | Troy | Lawrenceville, Ga.

Kashif Moore | WR | 5-9 | 180 | Connecticut | Burlington, N.J.

Drew Nowak | C | 6-3 | 292 | Western Michigan | Green Bay, Wis.

JoeyChuckles
08-27-2016, 04:54 PM
Trivers, you're cut.

Trivers
08-27-2016, 05:07 PM
Trivers, you're cut.

Not my first time.

Badly wanted to play basketball, but after getting cut in 7, 8, and 9th grade, switched to wrestling.

If I was Reid, I would go with 2 QBs with Hogan on PS to keep a spot for one of the many promising talents elsewhere on team.

Ming the Merciless
08-27-2016, 05:08 PM
gotta trim 15 dudes

hmmm

Coach
08-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Deveron Carr & Jeron Johnson would be 2 that I can think of. Knile Davis most likely will get cut, just don't know if it will be this round or the final round.

redshirt32
08-27-2016, 05:15 PM
We need to keep Reaves, Adams, Nicolas

dump Ford its time he needs step up his game at acting/singing,
trade Davis, Dat and 1 QB

Chief Roundup
08-27-2016, 05:46 PM
If what I heard was correct in that we were currently at 88 and have to get down to 75 these would be my guesses.

WR Da'Ron Brown
WR Frankie Hammond
WR Seantavius Jones
WR Kashif Moore

DB Deveron Carr
DB Bryce Cheek
DB Malcolm Jackson
DB Jeron Johnson
DB Shakiel Randolph

OL Curtis Feigt
OL Garrick Mayweather
OL Drew Nowak

DL Jimmy Staten
DL Niko Davis

LB Tyrell Adams

redshirt32
08-27-2016, 05:50 PM
Frankie Hammond is 2nd on the depth chart, it may be time but looks good with Foles latley.

Chief Roundup
08-27-2016, 06:00 PM
Frankie Hammond is 2nd on the depth chart, it may be time but looks good with Foles latley.

That is an unofficial depth chart that was not put together by the coaching staff.

redshirt32
08-27-2016, 06:21 PM
That is an unofficial depth chart that was not put together by the coaching staff.

It will come down to who Dave Toub wants, on his special teams squad.

Chief Roundup
08-27-2016, 06:22 PM

That may be, although that is not what you stated in the other post.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2016, 06:23 PM
They're not going to cut anyone on Tuesday whom they think there's a possibility of a trade.

Knile Davis, DAT, O'Shaughnessy and Hammond are all very likely safe.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2016, 06:30 PM
They're not going to cut anyone on Tuesday whom they think there's a possibility of a trade.

Maybe they trade Wilson !!!! :drool: But wait, he sucked today so he makes it through all the cuts and will be another worthless WR to start unfortunately:shake:

redshirt32
08-27-2016, 06:36 PM
Maybe they trade Wilson !!!! :drool: But wait, he sucked today so he makes it through all the cuts and will be another worthless WR to start unfortunately:shake:

Wilson to slot where he belongs, Maclin/Conley starting WO

jjchieffan
08-27-2016, 06:39 PM
If what I heard was correct in that we were currently at 88 and have to get down to 75 these would be my guesses.

WR Da'Ron Brown
WR Frankie Hammond
WR Seantavius Jones
WR Kashif Moore

DB Deveron Carr
DB Bryce Cheek
DB Malcolm Jackson
DB Jeron Johnson
DB Shakiel Randolph

OL Curtis Feigt
OL Garrick Mayweather
OL Drew Nowak

DL Jimmy Staten
DL Niko Davis

LB Tyrell Adams

I think we were at 88 after cutting Williams and Stevie Brown, But that trade today for that CB I think bumps us back up to 89. Need 1 more cut for him, and I think Hammond survives this round. Mitch Matthews and ? Flemming maybe?

Chief Roundup
08-27-2016, 06:48 PM
I think we were at 88 after cutting Williams and Stevie Brown, But that trade today for that CB I think bumps us back up to 89. Need 1 more cut for him, and I think Hammond survives this round. Mitch Matthews and ? Flemming maybe?

I think Flemming makes it threw this round as much as that pains me.
I forgot about the new DB addition.
Matthews might be one as well as Reid Fragel or Daniel Munyer.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2016, 06:52 PM

Wilson cannot even perform in the slot,Hill is the ideal slot.

Meatloaf
08-27-2016, 07:05 PM
I think DATs looking pretty good so far. He keeps this up and he's gonna make this roster.

kccrow
08-27-2016, 07:09 PM
If I were picking the roster? Or what I think the roster will be? Two big differences.

I'll post who I'd keep...

Here's my 53...
QB (3) - A. Smith, N. Foles, A. Murray
RB (3) - J. Charles (PUP), S. Ware, C. West, D. Reaves
FB (1) - A. Sherman
WR (6) - J. Maclin, C. Conley, T. Hill, D. Thomas, R. Streater, F. Hammond
TE (3) - T. Kelce, D. Harris, R. Travis
OL (8) - E. Fisher, P. Ehinger, M. Morse, L. Duvernay-Tardif, M. Schwartz, Z. Fulton, J. Reid, J. Pughsley
DL (6) - A. Bailey, D. Poe, J. Howard, C. Jones, R. Nunez-Roches, N. Williams
OLB (5) - J. Houston (IR-DTR), T. Hali, D. Ford, D. Nicolas, F. Zombo, D. Moses
ILB (5) - D. Johnson, J. March, J. Mauga, R. Wilson. T. Adams
CB (6) - M. Peters, P. Gaines, S. Nelson, D. White, K. Russell, M. Cooper
SS (4) - E. Berry, R. Parker, E. Murray, J. Johnson
ST (3) - D. Colquitt, C. Santos, J. Winchester

Here's the next 22...
QB (1) - K. Hogan
RB (1) - K. Davis
FB (1) - T. Millard
WR (3) - D. Robinson, A. Wilson, D. Brown
TE (2) - J. O'Shaughnessy, B. Parker
OL (4) - Z. Sterup, G. Mayweather, J. Devey, R. Fragel
DL (3) - J. Staten, D. King, N. Davis
OLB (2) - A. Mulumba, J. Massaquoi
ILB (2) - D. Alexander, T. Smith
CB (1) - B. Cheek
SS (2) - D. Sorensen, S. Randolph

The Franchise
08-27-2016, 07:16 PM
Charles is already off the PUP.

LoneWolf
08-27-2016, 07:17 PM
If I were picking the roster? Or what I think the roster will be? Two big differences.

Here's my 53...
FB (1) - A. Sherman
OL (8) - E. Fisher, P. Ehinger, M. Morse, L. Duvernay-Tardif, M. Schwartz, Z. Fulton, J. Reid, J. Pughsley

Here's the next 22...
QB (1) - K. Hogan
RB (1) - K. Davis
FB (1) - T. Millard
CB (1) - B. Cheek

Keeping all three of Hill, DAT, and Hammond at WR would be dumb. Hill is the most explosive of the three and he needs to stay. Replace one of the other two with Robinson.

Red Dawg
08-27-2016, 07:19 PM

Don't want him there either. I'd rather give it to Hill. We have seen the best of Wilson and he's not worth starting.

Titty Meat
08-27-2016, 07:21 PM
Flemming.

Coach
08-27-2016, 07:42 PM

Maybe, but other GM's will most likely wait until whoever gets cut, instead of giving up the draft pick, especially on a late round ones. At least that's my thought.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2016, 07:47 PM
Maybe, but other GM's will most likely wait until whoever gets cut, instead of giving up the draft pick, especially on a late round ones. At least that's my thought.

If there's a needy team, they'll make a trade.

See the Chiefs today. Why do you think they gave up a 2018 7th rounder instead of waiting for waivers?

The guy put up respectable numbers last year and he'd most certainly be claimed before he made it to the Chiefs.

The same thing could happen with DAT, O'Shags and Davis. Maybe even Hammond.

jjchieffan
08-27-2016, 08:07 PM
If there's a needy team, they'll make a trade.

See the Chiefs today. Why do you think they gave up a 2018 7th rounder instead of waiting for waivers?

The guy put up respectable numbers last year and he'd most certainly be claimed before he made it to the Chiefs.

The same thing could happen with DAT, O'Shags and Davis. Maybe even Hammond.

I agree and hope to see it happen. Those guys are all going to be on NFL rosters this year. It would really suck to not get some kind of compensation for some of them. We've heard before that the 49ers were interested in DAT, but I wonder about that now since we just traded with them and he wasn't part of the trade. Just out of curiosity, who do you think would be possible trade partners for them?

Halfcan
08-27-2016, 08:11 PM
Flemming

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2016, 08:11 PM
I agree and hope to see it happen. Those guys are all going to be on NFL rosters this year. It would really suck to not get some kind of compensation for some of them. We've heard before that the 49ers were interested in DAT, but I wonder about that now since we just traded with them and he wasn't part of the trade. Just out of curiosity, who do you think would be possible trade partners for them?

It's too early to tell but the Ravens lost one of their starting TE's tonight for the year and have three that are injured and unvailable, so O'Shags would make some sense for them.

I'd imagine any team needing a WR/PR and a RB/KR would be interested in DAT and Davis.

If they're not traded, they'll definitely be claimed immediately on the waiver wire, so hopefully, the Chiefs get something for them that they can package up in a trade.

O.city
08-27-2016, 08:37 PM
I'd rather cut albert wilson and keep dat

RealSNR
08-27-2016, 08:53 PM
I'd rather cut albert wilson and keep dat

I'm as patient with WRs as they come, and even I'm starting to fucking hate Albert Wilson.

God god, not even a fucking bunny hop out of the guy on the overthrow that he could have at least gotten a hand on.

Willie Lanier
08-27-2016, 09:41 PM

Here's my 53...
FB (1) - A. Sherman

Here's the next 22...
QB (1) - K. Hogan
RB (1) - K. Davis
FB (1) - T. Millard
CB (1) - B. Cheek

No offense to your list, but cutting DJ Alexander is not a bright idea, considering how pivotal he is on ST

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2016, 09:44 PM
No offense to your list, but cutting DJ Alexander is not a bright idea, considering how pivotal he is on ST

It's a bad roster overall

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-27-2016, 09:45 PM
DAT. Shag. Flemming.

Have to keep sherman for his blocking ability.

Albert Wilson was too valuable for us last season for them to want to cut. Low cap hit too..

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2016, 09:46 PM
DAT. Shag. Flemming.

Have to keep sherman for his blocking ability.

Albert Wilson was too valuable for us last season for them to want to cut. Low cap hit too..

Wilson sucks ass

Willie Lanier
08-27-2016, 09:48 PM
It's a bad roster overall

I agree, but was trying to be nice about my response:)

Willie Lanier
08-27-2016, 09:51 PM
If we drop DJ Alexander, say goodbye to our elite ST unit

Willie Lanier
08-27-2016, 09:56 PM
Oh and not having Demarcus Robinson on your roster is, well just dumb

KChiefs1
08-27-2016, 10:16 PM

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kccrow
08-27-2016, 11:04 PM
Oh and not having Demarcus Robinson on your roster is, well just dumb

Of course it is all "dumb," I posted who I think deserves to make the team, not who I feel will be kept. At least 5 of those guys change on that roster I'd bet.

Titty Meat
08-27-2016, 11:28 PM
Wilson sucks ass

Been saying this. Homer Holtus said he was on the bubble last year.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2016, 11:36 PM
.Albert Wilson was too valuable for us last season

ROFLROFL

oldman
08-28-2016, 07:02 AM
I think Mauga goes. Both Wilson and March looked good yesterday. The only thing Davis has over Reaves is his return ability and I don't think that's enough to keep him. Robinson over Hammond.

milkman
08-28-2016, 07:08 AM
Cut Jamel Flemming.
Yesterday would not be soon enough.

milkman
08-28-2016, 07:13 AM
I also don't care who we keep in his place, the sooner the alligator armed, vertical jump challenged Albert Wilson is cut, the better.

Bwana
08-28-2016, 07:22 AM
Cut Jamel Flemming.

I agree and feel the same way about Carr. The dude has the William Bartee disorder.

KChiefs1
08-28-2016, 09:46 AM
Flemming & Wilson need to be cut asap. Trade Knile Davis.

TEX
08-28-2016, 10:58 AM
Cut Jamel Flemming.

Agreed.

Dave Lane
08-28-2016, 11:06 AM

You may want to update your avatar and sig. Oh and your thinking to this century as well.

displacedinMN
08-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Isn't today cut day?

Deberg_1990
08-28-2016, 11:25 AM
What happened to Demarcus Robinson?

Practice squad?

jjchieffan
08-28-2016, 11:26 AM
Isn't today cut day?

No. It's Tuesday. Final cuts are Saturday I believe.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2016, 11:33 AM
What happened to Demarcus Robinson?

Practice squad?

It depends on whether they keep 5 or 6 WR's.

In all honesty, beyond Maclin, Conley and Hill, I have no idea who they'll keep. Streater flashed in the first preseason game and has been nearly invisible since. Wilson sucks ass. DAT and Hammond have flashed in limited touches and Robinson hasn't done much of anything. Outside of a few nice catches early from Brown, he's been invisible, too.

I don't know if it's because they're "hiding" their offense and not showing much or if they just don't like these guys.

It's odd, IMO.

Meatloaf
08-28-2016, 11:39 AM
It depends on whether they keep 5 or 6 WR's.

In all honesty, beyond Maclin, Conley and Hill, I have no idea who they'll keep. Streater flashed in the first preseason game and has been nearly invisible since. Wilson sucks ass. DAT and Hammond have flashed in limited touches and Robinson hasn't done much of anything. Outside of a few nice catches early from Brown, he's been invisible, too.

I don't know if it's because they're "hiding" their offense and not showing much or if they just don't like these guys.

It's odd, IMO.

Agree, Dane, it IS odd. What the heck happened to Streater? He looked pretty good and then, he's hard to find on the field. Robinson has also been relatively invisible. To me, from what I've seen so far, DAT's played pretty well. As has Maclin and Conley and Hill. Wondering if they'll keep fewer WRs and keep an additional TE (Shags?). Nonetheless, the WR corps really is hard to define at this point.

Deberg_1990
08-28-2016, 11:42 AM
Sounds like it really doesn't matter who they keep after Maclin, Conley and Hill

Mix and match.....

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2016, 11:48 AM
Agree, Dane, it IS odd. What the heck happened to Streater? He looked pretty good and then, he's hard to find on the field. Robinson has also been relatively invisible. To me, from what I've seen so far, DAT's played pretty well. As has Maclin and Conley and Hill. Wondering if they'll keep fewer WRs and keep an additional TE (Shags?). Nonetheless, the WR corps really is hard to define at this point.

This is not unlike last year.

Why keep Avant over Brown?

CapsLockKey
08-28-2016, 01:14 PM
I'm fine with whatever group they keep at WR as long as Wilson isn't part of it.

jspchief
08-28-2016, 01:23 PM
I'm fine with whatever group they keep at WR as long as Wilson isn't part of it.
I don't like Wilson for the same reasons as everyone else, but I don't think he gets cut. There's not really anybody that's taken his spot.

I will say that I may be backing off on wanting Dat cut. I hate the way things went down late last year, but his acceleration is crazy good and I think he can still be a weapon.

I'm not too concerned about the cuts made on offense. I feel like there are enough good players that the coaches can't get it wrong. Defense is another story. The secondary is a mess. The addition of Acker tells us all we need to know about how the coaches feel about some of these guys.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2016, 01:26 PM
I'm not too concerned about the cuts made on offense. I feel like there are enough good players that the coaches can't get it wrong. Defense is another story. The secondary is a mess. The addition of Acker tells us all we need to know about how the coaches feel about some of these guys.

I don't think it would be a shock if Dorsey acquired other secondary players via the waiver wire or trade before Week 1.

Line Judge
08-28-2016, 01:46 PM
I would like to see us keep Murray for QB. Chucky likes him and Chucky is never wrong. I feel like he will be something like Len Dawson. Cut by us and a starter for someone else a year or so later.

jjchieffan
08-28-2016, 03:34 PM

I forgot about Berry. Duh. Back to 90 now. One more cut to make.

kccrow
08-28-2016, 05:54 PM
I'm as patient with WRs as they come, and even I'm starting to fucking hate Albert Wilson.

God god, not even a fucking bunny hop out of the guy on the overthrow that he could have at least gotten a hand on.

Especially from a guy that is supposed to have a 37" vertical.... Kid is trash...

kccrow
08-28-2016, 05:54 PM
BTW... Here's my realistic thoughts on the roster... (or what I think the Chiefs will do and not what I want them to do)

RB (3) - J. Charles, S. Ware, C. West
FB (1) - A. Sherman
WR (6) - J. Maclin, C. Conley, T. Hill, A. Wilson, R. Streater, D. Robinson
ILB (5) - D. Johnson, J. March, J. Mauga, R. Wilson. D. Alexander
CB (6) - M. Peters, P. Gaines, K. Acker, S. Nelson, D. White, K. Russell
SS (4) - E. Berry, R. Parker, E. Murray, D. Sorensen

Hammock Parties
08-28-2016, 05:57 PM

It's telling that this fan base was so excited during a camp over a WR who turned out to be JAG.

We might have the worst wide receivers in the NFL over the last 25 years.

Our best dudes have been scrap heap reclamation projects (Kennison, Rison, Alexander), dudes who only looked good with Joe Montana throwing to them (Davis, Birden) and Dwayne fucking Bowe.

Then there's Maclin. Literally our best WR in that whole time period.

Jesus Christ.

The Bad Guy
08-28-2016, 06:00 PM
I'm keeping Dat over Wilson. I don't really see what Wilson adds.

The Bad Guy
08-28-2016, 06:03 PM
I think Cooper also makes this squad over keeping a 5th ILB. I think that Acker pick is conditional if he makes the team so I don't think he's safe at all.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2016, 06:08 PM
I think Cooper also makes this squad over keeping a 5th ILB. I think that Acker pick is conditional if he makes the team so I don't think he's safe at all.

I can't find any indication that it's Conditional but I don't think there's a chance in hell that he's not on the 53. The guy had great numbers last year and I don't think Gaines is ready to play an entire game.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2016, 06:09 PM
It's telling that this fan base was so excited during a camp over a WR who turned out to be JAG.

We might have the worst wide receivers in the NFL over the last 25 years.

Our best dudes have been scrap heap reclamation projects (Kennison, Rison, Alexander), dudes who only looked good with Joe Montana throwing to them (Davis, Birden) and Dwayne fucking Bowe.

Then there's Maclin. Literally our best WR in that whole time period.

Jesus Christ.
What you know about football would fit in a thimble with plenty of room to spare

Hammock Parties
08-28-2016, 06:11 PM
What you know about football would fit in a thimble with plenty of room to spare

And that's still more than "2012 CHIEFS = GOAT" jackholes.

wasi
08-29-2016, 02:56 AM
Look at the play in the red zone at 4:58 on second quarter Chiefs vs. Bears.

I'm convinced Tyreek Hill would have caught that errand pass. He would have made a better effort than Wilson and no one can deny that. Attleast try to make a play..Wilson

Red Dawg
08-29-2016, 07:03 AM
Wilson stinks. He would start for any team but ours and I hope he gets cut in favor of Hill playing slot. He's far more dangerous than Wilson but because he's rookie so it won't happen.

Trivers
08-29-2016, 07:58 PM
Mayweather gone.

5 left.

Any veterans cut to give more time to relocate? Davis? Dat?

KChiefs1
08-29-2016, 08:04 PM
Mayweather gone.

5 left.

Dorse is on the phone working.

jjchieffan
08-29-2016, 08:11 PM
Mayweather gone.

5 left.

Isn't it 6? They needed to cut 15. They cut 8. Mayweather makes 9. That leaves 6. Unless I missed someone.

thabear04
08-30-2016, 12:08 AM
BTW... Here's my realistic thoughts on the roster... (or what I think the Chiefs will do and not what I want them to do)

RB (3) - J. Charles, S. Ware, C. West
FB (1) - A. Sherman
WR (6) - J. Maclin, C. Conley, T. Hill, A. Wilson, R. Streater, D. Robinson
ILB (5) - D. Johnson, J. March, J. Mauga, R. Wilson. D. Alexander
CB (6) - M. Peters, P. Gaines, K. Acker, S. Nelson, D. White, K. Russell
SS (4) - E. Berry, R. Parker, E. Murray, D. Sorensen

I would keep Houston on PUP and save the IR for someone else like if Mauga hurt put him on IR until he can come back healthy.

RealSNR
08-30-2016, 05:47 AM
Fuck Mauga. He's not THAT important or crucial to our team success.

People are putting him in the same breath as Justin Houston practically.