PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will the Chiefs trade Alex Smith after 2016?

BossChief
08-27-2016, 04:29 PM
That was the time Andy traded McNabb. For a second rounder. To a division rival.

With the contract they gave Foles, it would make sense.

Especially if we could get a premium pick for Alex.

Trivers
08-27-2016, 04:31 PM
How many beers have you had today? :BLVD:

Titty Meat
08-27-2016, 04:31 PM
Knock it off with the absurd trades dude

O.city
08-27-2016, 04:32 PM
No, they're not paying foles that next year and Alex isn't getting traded

Dave Lane
08-27-2016, 04:34 PM
Please, I'll even pray if this happens.

RobBlake
08-27-2016, 04:37 PM
would be a chiefs thing to do lol.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2016, 04:39 PM
Remember Andy pursued Foles and talked him out of retiring. Granted we did not have any legit experience at b/u but it really all depends on how well Alex plays this year. If we go deep into the playoffs possibly to the Bowl then probably not but if we don't go very deep if at all then very possibly. Either way it is a win win for Dorsey and Reid. Either Alex or Foles is trade bait.

Red Dawg
08-27-2016, 04:41 PM
Andy loves Smith he will be the QB next year most likely. Foles had better not be. He is a downgrade from Alex.

Tombstone RJ
08-27-2016, 04:42 PM
If KC underachieves this season, maybe Reid/Dorsey consider trading Smith? The question is, what is considered "underachieving"?

New World Order
08-27-2016, 04:42 PM
Please, I'll even pray if this happens.

TLO
08-27-2016, 04:44 PM
LMAO

This isn't Madden, BossChief.

Bwana
08-27-2016, 04:46 PM
Nope

CapsLockKey
08-27-2016, 04:56 PM
No. McNabb was clearly declining at that point and Vick looked like he was a reborn superstar.

In58men
08-27-2016, 05:00 PM
I doubt they do, as long as we're around 9-7 and 10-6 in playoff contention they'll keep him. He does just enough to keep his job in this organization.

Ming the Merciless
08-27-2016, 05:06 PM
If we have an 8-8 season or shittier, yes

thabear04
08-27-2016, 05:07 PM
Thought Bray would be th starter next year.

I'm jk.

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2016, 05:08 PM
We can't be that lucky.

DaFace
08-27-2016, 05:12 PM
And replace him with who? Foles?

Unless Alex takes a significant step back this year, he's here for a while.

Coach
08-27-2016, 05:15 PM
Nope. Not going to happen.

Chief Roundup
08-27-2016, 05:16 PM
They are not going to trade the 3rd best QB in team history, behind Lenny and Joe. They are not going to do make a change at QB without someone ready to replace him or unless the team is below .500 for more than a season.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2016, 05:18 PM
Trade Alex Smith?

Wha?

The Chiefs have an option to pick up Foles for 2017.

It's not a 2 year contract.

Tribal Warfare
08-27-2016, 05:21 PM
Trade Alex Smith?

Wha?

The Chiefs have an option to pick up Foles for 2017.

It's not a 2 year contract.

Optional 2 year contract

-King-
08-27-2016, 05:33 PM
Unless he plays badly why the hell would they? And for Foles? ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

redshirt32
08-27-2016, 05:41 PM
Nope

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2016, 06:01 PM
They are not going to trade the 3rd best QB in team history, behind Lenny and Joe. They are not going to do make a change at QB without someone ready to replace him or unless the team is below .500 for more than a season.

Trent Green was way better than Alex Smith.

Tribal Warfare
08-27-2016, 06:03 PM

Short memory or too young to recall Trent.

Trent was the awesome

threebag
08-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Hopefully Alex will be here until he retires.

staylor26
What a strange thread.

Deberg_1990

Not really.

Chief Roundup
08-27-2016, 06:18 PM

In some ways he was but Green never won a playoff game.
Green definitely played with more talent on offense than Smith including one of the best OL in team history. Green had a lot more pass attempts on a high powered offense. He also got labeled Trint because of all the picks he threw. In his 6 seasons here, one of which he only played 8 games he threw 85 INTs. So far in 3 seasons Smith has thrown 20 INTs.
Smith plays in a completely different style of offense that asks him to do things differently.

Deberg_1990
08-27-2016, 06:21 PM
Greens INTs used to frustrate me me so much.
He would have been better if he could have cut those down. Not only did he throw a lot of them, he threw untimely ones. Red Zone INTs and pick sixes.

ChiefsCountry
08-27-2016, 06:22 PM
In some ways he was but Green never won a playoff game.
Green definitely played with more talent on offense than Smith including one of the best OL in team history. Green had a lot more pass attempts on a high powered offense. He also got labeled Trint because of all the picks he threw. In his 6 seasons here, one of which he only played 8 games he threw 85 INTs. So far in 3 seasons Smith has thrown 20 INTs.
Smith plays in a completely different style of offense that asks him to do things differently.

Steve DeBerg won a playoff game, Trent Green led team would have destoryed that sorry ass Texans team just as easy as Alex Smith did.

Better talent on offense bull shit. Green had a better line and TE. Alex has a way better WR in Maclin, Charles is equal or better than Priest.

Green > Smith no question.

BossChief
08-27-2016, 06:24 PM
McNabb was 33 and was coming off a year where he was pretty good, actually when he got traded.

We was 10-4 as the starter that year, as well.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2016, 06:26 PM
Steve DeBerg won a playoff game, Trent Green led team would have destoryed that sorry ass Texans team just as easy as Alex Smith did.

Better talent on offense bull shit. Green had a better line and TE. Alex has a way better WR in Maclin, Charles is equal or better than Priest.

Trent Green needed a Hall of Fame line in order to operate the offense. He was fairly awful in 2001 and looked awful in 2006, while Huard looked acceptable.

Green was a nice QB for a few years but that's about it. Had Rodney Harrison not torn up Green's knee, his fate may have been very different.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2016, 06:28 PM
McNabb was 33 and was coming off a year where he was pretty good, actually when he got traded.

We was 10-4 as the starter that year, as well.

McNabb was done by that point.

I can't envision any scenario in which they trade Alex Smith in the near future, if ever.

I think it's more likely that he ends his NFL career as a Chief.

BossChief
Foles' contract is structured so if he plays this year and does well, KC pays him as a starter next year.

I doubt they trade Alex, but I had to ask because Andy's history shows its not out of the question that KC trades him after this year.

Chief Roundup

Green in 6 years 118 TDs and 85 INTs in a high powered offense, one in which Priest set the record for most rushing TDs in a single season, yes Shawn Alexander broke it in later years.
Smith in 3 years 61 TDs and 20 INTs with a shit line no where near as productive of a rushing game and a dink and dunk low powered offense.
If his production stays the same he will double his TD production with less than half as many INTs in the same time frame.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2016, 06:29 PM
Foles' contract is structured so if he plays this year and does well, KC pays him as a starter next year.

Only if they pick up that option.

I think it's highly unlikely that Foles sees any real action this season, unless there's a serious blowout happening.

I doubt they trade Alex, but I had to ask because Andy's history shows its not out of the question that KC trades him after this year.

Andy is not in charge of the personnel in KC

tk13
08-27-2016, 06:31 PM
Green in 6 years 118 TDs and 85 INTs in a high powered offense, one in which Priest set the record for most rushing TDs in a single season, yes Shawn Alexander broke it in later years.
Smith in 3 years 61 TDs and 20 INTs with a shit line no where near as productive of a rushing game and a dink and dunk low powered offense.
If his production stays the same he will double his TD production with less than half as many INTs in the same time frame.

ROFL

In terms of the playoffs though... Trent Green played with one of the worst defenses to ever take the field. They literally didn't force a punt in 2003 against the Colts. How are you supposed to top that? People who blame Trent or Priest for that game are crazy.

Chief Roundup
08-27-2016, 06:33 PM
In terms of the playoffs though... Trent Green played with one of the worst defenses to ever take the field. They literally didn't force a punt in 2003 against the Colts. How are you supposed to top that? People who blame Trent or Priest for that game are crazy.

As crazy as the people that blame Smith for our loss to Colts when the Defense gave up 28 points late in the 4th?
Smith should have 2 playoff victories in all reality. That was probably if not his best game EVER.

BossChief
08-27-2016, 06:35 PM
McNabb was done by that point.

I can't envision any scenario in which they trade Alex Smith in the near future, if ever.

I think it's more likely that he ends his NFL career as a Chief.

He was coming off a strong year, actually.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2016, 06:35 PM

Yep and had Queen Carl addressed our defense properly we would have had a SB dynasty run or close to it from 02-05.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2016, 06:36 PM
He was coming off a strong year, actually.

He wasn't good in Washington or Minnesota. I think Andy saw the writing on the wall.

tk13
08-27-2016, 06:37 PM
As crazy as the people that blame Smith for our loss to Colts when the Defense gave up 28 points late in the 4th?
Smith should have 2 playoff victories in all reality. That was probably if not his best game EVER.

Yes. I've said that many times. Smith deserves no blame for that Colts loss. If you score 44 you should win. End of discussion. You're barking up the wrong tree here.

But that's not the argument you're making here. You're bashing Trent Green because he never won a playoff game. He played his peak 3 years with the worst defense in the league, then in Vermeil's final season they finally had a okay defense, but they ended up being one of the few 10-6 teams to not make the playoffs.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2016, 06:39 PM

BINGO !!

Chief Roundup
08-27-2016, 06:39 PM
Yes. I've said that many times. Smith deserves no blame for that Colts loss. If you score 44 you should win. End of discussion. You're barking up the wrong tree here.

But that's not the argument you're making here. You're bashing Trent Green because he never won a playoff game. He played his peak 3 years with the worst defense in the league, then in Vermeil's final season they finally had a okay defense, but they ended up being one of the few 10-6 teams to not make the playoffs.

Not trying to bash Green just making an argument that Smith is no worse than Green in all reality.

Chief Roundup
08-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Yep and had Queen Carl addressed our defense properly we would have had a SB dynasty run or close to it from 02-05.

That is all on DV. Carl gave Vermeil what he wanted and asked for.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-27-2016, 06:46 PM
Everyone needed a great line to run that offense. Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger got killed behind average lines, too. The routes took a long time to develop. Without protection, every QB would look terrible in that offense. With protection, that offense is as close to unstoppable as the NFL ever had.

Green played in a time where offenses were opening up, but it was still significantly more difficult to move the ball and score than it is now. His biggest weakness, IMO, was that he took too many risks in the end zone when he didn't have to, and it cost the Chiefs several games (Seattle in '02, Houston and New England in '04).

For all the rightful criticism of Smith, he's played his best football in the playoffs.

tk13
08-27-2016, 06:47 PM
Not trying to bash Green just making an argument that Smith is no worse than Green in all reality.

Smith is the more physically talented QB but Green was so productive. If Rodney Harrison hadn't destroyed his knee in 99 we may be talking about him instead of Kurt Warner today.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2016, 06:48 PM
If KC underachieves this season, maybe Reid/Dorsey consider trading Smith? The question is, what is considered "underachieving"?

Tombstone RJ, this is the real question:thumb:. Andy didn't just go out and get an average b/u QB in Foles, he went out got someone who he feels he can win with now who he groomed and trusts in case Smith gets hurt or underperforms as well as setting the organization up for the future. Andy is like a kid in the QB candy store for now and in the future regardless of Smith's performance.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2016, 06:50 PM
That is all on DV. Carl gave Vermeil what he wanted and asked for.

Offensively yes but defense no.

Mr. Laz
08-27-2016, 07:14 PM
Alex Smith will never be traded, Andy Reid will never be fired

Both will chose when they leave the Chiefs' franchise because the Hunts are back in the money making business.

-King-
08-27-2016, 08:58 PM

Both will chose when they leave the Chiefs' franchise because the Hunts are back in the money making business.

Yeah, it's easy to make money when you have 3 consecutive winning seasons and are a superbowl contender. That doesn't sound like good business to you?

staylor26
08-27-2016, 09:00 PM

Dumbass.

Chief_For_Life58
08-27-2016, 09:23 PM
I sadly think Alex will be here for awhile. He's that gf you have that's just good enough and you don't want to break up with her but you know you should

ThaVirus
08-27-2016, 09:32 PM
When's his contract end? I'd say an extension is far more likely than a trade at this point.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-27-2016, 09:32 PM
Unless Smith shows a pattern that he's playing like 2008 version of himself, there is no way. Dorsey knows our team was hampered by horrendous contracts year 1, stuck with Bowe and a horrible O line in year 2, and a legit title contender in year 3 but crippled by the injuries of charles, bowe, and houston in what ended up being a close game against the Pats . This team is on the ascent and there is no way in hell that any other QB on this roster can even come close to maintaining that or even superseding that.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-27-2016, 09:37 PM
We should all be thanking Kyle Williams for ruining Smith's chance at a SB that first year with Harbaugh. Otherwise, he wouldn't be on our roster and we'd be in a roller coaster ride of playing Bray, Murray, and Daniel like the Texans and Browns have for the last 5 years.

ThaVirus
08-27-2016, 09:38 PM
We should all be thanking Kyle Williams for ruining Smith's chance at a SB that first year with Harbaugh. Otherwise, he wouldn't be on our roster and we'd be in a roller coaster ride of playing Bray, Murray, and Daniel like the Texans and Browns have for the last 5 years.

What's all this we shit? You French now?

YOU wouldn't even be here.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-27-2016, 09:54 PM
What's all this we shit? You French now?

YOU wouldn't even be here.

Coming from the #1 fan of Geno Smith.

ThaVirus
08-27-2016, 09:58 PM
Coming from the #1 fan of Geno Smith.

That's Clay.

Simply Red
08-27-2016, 10:01 PM
NO! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgRlY6r331g)

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-27-2016, 10:15 PM
That's Clay.

...well, then **** Clay!

rico
08-28-2016, 02:18 AM

Holy shit, this for sure.

milkman
08-28-2016, 05:54 AM
Remember Andy pursued Foles and talked him out of retiring. Granted we did not have any legit experience at b/u but it really all depends on how well Alex plays this year. If we go deep into the playoffs possibly to the Bowl then probably not but if we don't go very deep if at all then very possibly. Either way it is a win win for Dorsey and Reid. Either Alex or Foles is trade bait.

Reid talked Foles out of retirement?

Who the hell else knew about this?

milkman
08-28-2016, 05:56 AM
Tombstone RJ, this is the real question:thumb:. Andy didn't just go out and get an average b/u QB in Foles, he went out got someone who he feels he can win with now who he groomed and trusts in case Smith gets hurt or underperforms as well as setting the organization up for the future. Andy is like a kid in the QB candy store for now and in the future regardless of Smith's performance.

Yep. he groomed Foles for a whole entire season.

oldman
08-28-2016, 06:52 AM
I'm not sure Foles could be traded after this season. His contract calls for a club option in year 2 and it's a crapload of money. Unless Foles is on the field for a large part of the season, I'm not sure anyone would want to take that burden.

Inspector
08-28-2016, 07:47 AM
I'm not seeing Foles over Smith.

Foles seems like a backup to me.

Chiefshrink
08-28-2016, 09:55 AM
Reid talked Foles out of retirement?

Who the hell else knew about this?

Do your home work;)

Chiefshrink
08-28-2016, 09:56 AM
Yep. he groomed Foles for a whole entire season.

And it showed:thumb:

Chiefshrink
08-28-2016, 09:57 AM
I'm not seeing Foles over Smith.

Foles seems like a backup to me.

For now at least but Foles is not your average b/u my friend.;)

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2016, 10:45 AM
Do your home work;)

:facepalm:

At no point has Nick Foles EVER thought about retiring.

Where the hell do you come up with this shit?

The Franchise
08-28-2016, 10:50 AM
BossChief creates all of these threads so that on the off chance it actually happens....he can bump it and act like he knew what the fuck he was talking about.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2016, 10:57 AM
And it showed:thumb:

When did it "show"? 2013?

It didn't "show" in 2014 or 2015. He was cut in July by the Rams in favor of undrafted journeyman Case Keenum.

Had he signed with Dallas, he'd likely be the starter and no one would know about Dak Prescott.

He looks like a backup QB that has issues with his mechanics.

RobBlake
08-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Foles had ONE fluke season and has been trash ever since, yeah, he's not better than alex in any way unless proven.

milkman
08-28-2016, 11:52 AM
Do your home work;)

I did my homework, and what I learned is that you are a fucking moron who has no clue what the hell he is talking about.

jspchief
08-28-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't know about the Green vs Smith thing. Smith would probably be pretty lethal behind that line, but I don't think he'd ever be as aggressive as Green. I can't imagine Smith ever throwing that OT game winner in Green Bay.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2016, 12:31 PM
I don't know about the Green vs Smith thing. Smith would probably be pretty lethal behind that line, but I don't think he'd ever be as aggressive as Green. I can't imagine Smith ever throwing that OT game winner in Green Bay.

Trent Green struggled coming out of college, began to thrive under Norv Turner five years later, was set to lead a very good Rams team and was setback by injury for really, three years. He had a nice arc from 2002-2005 but after that, began a quick descent.

Smith had the higher trajectory but was just hosed in San Francisco by bad coaching, bad talent, a shitty owner and GM, along with terrible medical advice. When Harbaugh arrived in 2011, Smith began to live up to the expectations set as the #1 overall QB and I don't think his career has reached his peak.

It's really difficult at this point to make a fair comparison but if Smith's play continues at this pace, there's a very good chance that he's the second most successful QB in Chiefs history.

Chief Pagan
08-28-2016, 12:54 PM

That is possible. However, if we hadn't gotten Smith we would likely have drafted one or more QBs (or possibly traded for someone else). There are QBs other than Geno that KC could have taken.

BossChief
08-28-2016, 01:46 PM
BossChief creates all of these threads so that on the off chance it actually happens....he can bump it and act like he knew what the **** he was talking about.

I did the same thing with predicting when Cassel would get benched based on history of Parcels tree coaching, and it's what happened.

I'm doing something similar here with relating Alex Smith to Donovan McNabb.

Sorry that hurts your feelings.

staylor26
08-28-2016, 01:49 PM
I did the same thing with predicting when Cassel would get benched based on history of Parcels tree coaching, and it's what happened.

I'm doing something similar here with relating Alex Smith to Donovan McNabb.

Sorry that hurts your feelings.

This is retarded dude. Especially coming from somebody that expects Alex to have a big year.

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2016, 03:10 PM
That was the time Andy traded McNabb. For a second rounder. To a division rival.

With the contract they gave Foles, it would make sense.

Especially if we could get a premium pick for Alex.

If Reid is still here....no.