PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kruger cut by Browns.

Dunerdr
08-29-2016, 10:00 AM
For teams looking at a complementary veteran this offseason, look no further than the open marketplace in Cleveland. The Browns have already let go of safety Donte Whitner and linebacker Karlos Dansby and traded Barkevious Mingo.

And on Monday morning, they added another big name to that list: rush linebacker Paul Kruger.

Bring him in for a look?

The Franchise
08-29-2016, 10:01 AM
He'll probably be expensive....but I'd kick the tires.

BleedingRed
08-29-2016, 10:01 AM
YES! He is not the "best" OLB but he is great in Run Support!

Plus, his usage rate was way down last year. This guy can still get us 7-9 sacks.

nychief
08-29-2016, 10:03 AM
Belch.

Dunerdr
08-29-2016, 10:06 AM
Did he or did he not have to take his playbook to Ray farmer? Asking for a friend.

scho63
08-29-2016, 10:13 AM
I'm going to miss that guy!

http://kramersapartment.com/wp-content/uploads/the-slicer-george-beach-photo-seinfeld.jpg

Dante84
08-29-2016, 10:22 AM
‘Darkness and pain': The death of ‘Seinfeld’ actor Daniel von Bargen (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/03/05/death-of-seinfeld-actor-highlights-dangers-of-diabetes-and-depression/)

I'm going to miss that guy!

http://kramersapartment.com/wp-content/uploads/the-slicer-george-beach-photo-seinfeld.jpg

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2016, 10:23 AM
As I mentioned in the other thread, unless Moses is unable to start Week 1 or is placed on the PUP, I'd pass on Kruger, whom I believe is a Veteran Minimum guy at this point at best.

He's 30 years old, had 2.5 sacks last year. Moses can easily provide that type of production.

Dunerdr
08-29-2016, 10:28 AM
As I mentioned in the other thread, unless Moses is unable to start Week 1 or is placed on the PUP, I'd pass on Kruger, whom I believe is a Veteran Minimum guy at this point at best.

He's 30 years old, had 2.5 sacks last year. Moses can easily provide that type of production.

If that's the case I'd get him 3x for vet minimum just put out out against the run. At this point and an aging Hali and a barely useful ford it's a nice plan b.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2016, 10:41 AM
If that's the case I'd get him 3x for vet minimum just put out out against the run. At this point and an aging Hali and a barely useful ford it's a nice plan b.

I suppose $3 million to rotate with Hali while Ford's filling in for Houston isn't the worst plan to have, as long as he's healthy.

Dunerdr
08-29-2016, 10:44 AM
I suppose $3 million to rotate with Hali while Ford's filling in for Houston isn't the worst plan to have, as long as he's healthy.

Right now we're all in on halis body holding up and fords testicles dropping... I'd take anyone with experience on the cheap.

BleedingRed
08-29-2016, 10:47 AM

Look at his snap count, he did have 11 Sacks the year before.

Skyy God
08-29-2016, 11:06 AM

Which is all but 700K of our current cap space.

No thanks.

Dunerdr
08-29-2016, 11:07 AM

No thanks.

Yeah and with no foreseeable cuts in the near future we'd have to free up space..

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2016, 01:03 PM

No thanks.

Why do the Chiefs need $4.4 million in cap space if they're trying to win a Super Bowl?

TEX
08-29-2016, 01:18 PM
Right now we're all in on halis body holding up and fords testicles dropping... I'd take anyone with experience on the cheap.

This.

chiefzilla1501
08-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Here's a great article on Kruger. And why I think it's worth taking a flyer on him. We might get a steal out of it.

http://dawgpounddaily.com/2016/08/29/report-cleveland-browns-cut-lb-paul-kruger/
Cliff notes:
-He didn't do well in Horton's system. With Horton re-hired, maybe Horton knows he's not right for his system
-Kruger had an awesome season 2 years ago. Then struggled last year. It looks like his struggles coincided with Jim O'Neil taking over playcalling, and he was a complete disaster of a DC
-Not stated in the article, but he's played in a Ryan defense much of his career. Including under Mike Pettine.

I actually think KC could get him for pretty cheap. What other teams run the Ryan defense other than Baltimore, Buffalo and KC?

Mr. Laz
08-29-2016, 04:11 PM
This needs repeating.

If Hali's body finally goes and if Ford never grows a set we are in big trouble.

both players are needled badly unless we add someone

especially since the coaches don't seem to think that Dadi can get ready this year.

DJ's left nut
08-29-2016, 04:18 PM
Why do the Chiefs need $4.4 million in cap space if they're trying to win a Super Bowl?

Because they'll need to pay it to Streater in the off-season if he hits his incentives.

Any move needs to be dollar in/dollar out. They absolutely need to maintain that cushion unless they cut Streater. They can't end up going in the hole with the tough cap questions they're going to face in 17.

I'm all for finding a way to make it work, but they can't pay this one on the credit card.

Easy 6
08-29-2016, 04:21 PM
11 sacks in 2014, followed by a down year under a shitty DC

Oh yeah, if Dorsey can make the numbers work we'd be fools not to grab this guy

Meatloaf
08-29-2016, 04:34 PM
Because they'll need to pay it to Streater in the off-season if he hits his incentives.

Any move needs to be dollar in/dollar out. They absolutely need to maintain that cushion unless they cut Streater. They can't end up going in the hole with the tough cap questions they're going to face in 17.

I'm all for finding a way to make it work, but they can't pay this one on the credit card.

So what the heck has happened to Streater? Looked pretty good early on, now can't find him on the field. Is it a given that he's on the club, or has he had setbacks in practice?

chiefzilla1501
08-29-2016, 04:38 PM

The Chiefs have plenty of flexibility. It's all a matter of when they make the bold decisions in the positions they're deep at. Most obvious is giving Berry a long-term backloaded deal. But you can also move guys like Allen Bailey. In this case, I think it may be worth it. This team needs good OLBs and for 2 years straight, they can't keep their guys healthy in big game. If you structure the contract the right way, you can keep Kruger until you know for sure what you have in Dee Ford and/or Dadi Nicolas. If Kruger is even an upgrade over Ford, which right now isn't saying much, then that's more valuable to us than a guy like Bailey who plays well at a position where we're tremendously deep. We may not even need to do that. I think Kruger will take a discount to play in a system where he can thrive, and KC is one of the few that guarantees him that.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2016, 04:57 PM

At this point in time, I wonder if Streater even makes the squad, as he's been invisible since Week 1.

Either they're "hiding" him or he's a goner. It's really odd.

But if it's between Streater and a pass rusher, I'm all over the the pass rusher.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2016, 04:59 PM
But you can also move guys like Allen Bailey.

The Chiefs aren't moving Allen Bailey. Are you high?

That's $5 million in dead money.

mcaj22
08-29-2016, 05:08 PM
Paul Kruger's sack totals are a little deceiving. I thought he was more of a swiss army knife and not a full time rushbacker?

He wasn't playing rushbacker in Cleveland he was playing the Mike Vrabel role, because he can stop the run and drop back into pass coverage if needed. Which is literally the position everyone is bitching about Ford looking completely inept at.

I think something happened last season that Kruger was playing a position or scheme he wasn't comfortable with. But he's not going to get you a lot of sacks. I think he's known for sealing the edge, helping stuff the run and then dropping back into the flats or zone to cover a pass if needed (Ford can't do any of this). That's what got him his contract anyway. (his pass deflections up until last year are on par with Justin Houstons, that's why I think it could be a nice scheme fit)

Kruger is basically a poor mans Vrabel. Does this team need a guy like that? I'd argue yes, that way you can use Dee Ford to rotate with Hali strictly rushing from one side.

R Clark
08-29-2016, 05:18 PM
Geting rid of Bailey would be a dumb move,he's pretty good and not that pricey.Kurger sounds like just what we need if the price is right

Chiefshrink
08-29-2016, 06:08 PM

Here's a great article on Kruger. And why I think it's worth taking a flyer on him. We might get a steal out of it.

http://dawgpounddaily.com/2016/08/29/report-cleveland-browns-cut-lb-paul-kruger/
Cliff notes:
-He didn't do well in Horton's system. With Horton re-hired, maybe Horton knows he's not right for his system
-Kruger had an awesome season 2 years ago. Then struggled last year. It looks like his struggles coincided with Jim O'Neil taking over playcalling, and he was a complete disaster of a DC
-Not stated in the article, but he's played in a Ryan defense much of his career. Including under Mike Pettine.

I actually think KC could get him for pretty cheap. What other teams run the Ryan defense other than Baltimore, Buffalo and KC?

This needs repeating.

If Hali's body finally goes and if Ford never grows a set we are in big trouble.

especially since the coaches don't seem to think that Dadi can get ready this year.

11 sacks in 2014, followed by a down year under a shitty DC

Oh yeah, if Dorsey can make the numbers work we'd be fools not to grab this guy

The Chiefs have plenty of flexibility. It's all a matter of when they make the bold decisions in the positions they're deep at. Most obvious is giving Berry a long-term backloaded deal. But you can also move guys like Allen Bailey. In this case, I think it may be worth it. This team needs good OLBs and for 2 years straight, they can't keep their guys healthy in big game. If you structure the contract the right way, you can keep Kruger until you know for sure what you have in Dee Ford and/or Dadi Nicolas. If Kruger is even an upgrade over Ford, which right now isn't saying much, then that's more valuable to us than a guy like Bailey who plays well at a position where we're tremendously deep. We may not even need to do that. I think Kruger will take a discount to play in a system where he can thrive, and KC is one of the few that guarantees him that.

Paul Kruger's sack totals are a little deceiving. I thought he was more of a swiss army knife and not a full time rushbacker?

He wasn't playing rushbacker in Cleveland he was playing the Mike Vrabel role, because he can stop the run and drop back into pass coverage if needed. Which is literally the position everyone is bitching about Ford looking completely inept at.

I think something happened last season that Kruger was playing a position or scheme he wasn't comfortable with. But he's not going to get you a lot of sacks. I think he's known for sealing the edge, helping stuff the run and then dropping back into the flats or zone to cover a pass if needed (Ford can't do any of this). That's what got him his contract anyway. (his pass deflections up until last year are on par with Justin Houstons, that's why I think it could be a nice scheme fit)

Kruger is basically a poor mans Vrabel. Does this team need a guy like that? I'd argue yes, that way you can use Dee Ford to rotate with Hali strictly rushing from one side.

Geting rid of Bailey would be a dumb move,he's pretty good and not that pricey.Kurger sounds like just what we need if the price is right

:clap::thumb:

hometeam
08-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Cut Ford sign Kruger.

Or just sign Kruger.

Or just cut Ford.

Im down with any of the above.

Chiefshrink
08-29-2016, 06:18 PM
Cut Ford sign Kruger.

Or just sign Kruger.

Or just cut Ford.

Im down with any of the above.

Dorsey's ego is at stake here and it is very difficult for GM's in general to just casually cut their pick in the 1st rd. He will give Dee every opportunity before eating crow.

I agree with you though. Ford has no instinct in this defense whatsoever. He looks a lot like Lucille Ball in that infamous candy factory scene getting overwhelmed very easily. Just looks lost the majority of the time.

hometeam
08-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Dorsey's ego is at stake here and it is very difficult for GM's in general to just casually cut their pick in the 1st rd. He will give Dee every opportunity before eating crow.

I agree with you though. Ford has no instinct in this defense whatsoever.:rolleyes:

Yea i know, I'm being a bit facetious even though I don't think it would hurt at all to cut him.

I would still be A-OK with getting Kruger in here.

R Clark
08-29-2016, 06:21 PM
At this point in time, I wonder if Streater even makes the squad, as he's been invisible since Week 1.

Either they're "hiding" him or he's a goner. It's really odd.

But if it's between Streater and a pass rusher, I'm all over the the pass rusher.

What is the deal with Steater?Has anybody heard about him at all,he didn't play a down that I could see at the Bears

Chiefshrink
08-29-2016, 06:23 PM
Frank Zombo,Dee Ford or Paul Kruger?:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

O.city
08-29-2016, 06:25 PM

Aka, exactly what we need with houston out

Chiefshrink
08-29-2016, 06:30 PM
Yea i know, I'm being a bit facetious even though I don't think it would hurt at all to cut him.

I would still be A-OK with getting Kruger in here.

Oh for sure !! I like your facetiousness and take it as gospel !!:D

Mr. Laz
08-29-2016, 06:35 PM
LB/Pass rush is probably the biggest question mark on the team now.

ROLB/LOLB are neither deep or impactful with Houston

Hali is still good but not what he used to be
Ford is playing out of position at LOLB and is mediocre at best
Zombo is a blue collar backup who doesn't suck
Moses looks improved
Dadi looks to have good potential but coaching staff doesn't seem to be push his development

Ideally for me, we should move Ford to backup and rotate with Hali. He can learn how to rush and work from Hali. At least he will be able to use his quick first step for something.

Sign another LOLB and let them compete/rotate with Zombo.

Hopefully Dadi turns it on at some point this season

If that idiot Sutton doesn't move Ford over to his natural position then adding Kruger would help.

Mav
08-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Krugers biggest issue the last two seasons has been his inability to seal the edge and stop the run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiefshrink
08-29-2016, 06:36 PM
What is the deal with Steater?Has anybody heard about him at all,he didn't play a down that I could see at the Bears

They know they are keeping Streater but they are deciding between Hammond or Wilson as who to keep and if the Bears game was any indication Hammond performed and Wison was typically disappointing but there will be some here that will still tout the ol potential work in progress drum after 4yrs.:rolleyes: Of course this is my theory and I have no idea if Streater is a little banged up or they wanted other WRs to get snaps to help evaluate and make a decision. Who knows???

Mr. Laz
08-29-2016, 06:37 PM
LB/Pass rush is probably the biggest question mark on the team now.

ROLB/LOLB are neither deep or impactful with Houston

Hali is still good but not what he used to be
Ford is playing out of position at LOLB and is mediocre at best
Zombo is a blue collar backup who doesn't suck
Moses looks improved
Dadi looks to have good potential but coaching staff doesn't seem to be push his development

Ideally for me, we should move Ford to backup and rotate with Hali. He can learn how to rush and work from Hali. At least he will be able to use his quick first step for something.

Sign another LOLB and let them compete/rotate with Zombo.

Hopefully Dadi turns it on at some point this season

If that idiot Sutton doesn't move Ford over to his natural position then adding Kruger might help.

Chiefshrink
08-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Krugers biggest issue the last two seasons has been his inability to seal the edge and stop the run.

So he has Ford's Syndrome ??

Mav
08-29-2016, 06:38 PM

Correct

Chiefshrink
08-29-2016, 06:40 PM
Correct

What gives you this idea about Kruger ? Did you watch a lot of Brown games? Not trying to agitate here either.

Mav
08-29-2016, 06:41 PM
What gives you this idea about Kruger ? Did you watch a lot of Brown games? Not trying to agitate here either.

every game

Mr. Laz
08-29-2016, 06:43 PM
Actually Ford started doing a decent job of sealing the edge against the Rams.

He just didn't do anything else but that.

He is just a limited football player.

I don't know if he's just too stupid or lazy to handle more than one part of playing defense. All i know is that dumbass Sutton should have never put him in a position where he need to be smart and multifaceted.

He should have just put him behind Hali from Day 1 and let Hali toughen him up and teach him how to rush the passer in the NFL. Can you imagine Hali with Ford's 1st step and quickness?

But Sutton is a moron so ........

Chiefshrink
08-29-2016, 06:47 PM
Actually Ford start doing a decent job of sealing the edge against the Rams.

He just didn't do anything else but that.

He is just a limited football player.

I don't know if he's just too stupid or lazy to handle more than one part of playing defense. All i know is that dumbass Sutton should have never put him in a position where he need to be smart and multifaceted.

He should have just put him behind Hali from Day 1 and let Hali toughen him up and teach him how to rush the passer in the NFL. Can you imagine Hali with Ford's 1st step and quickness?

But Sutton is a moron so ........

Agreed.

We just now need to stop the bleeding with getting gashed on the "run". I still don't like our run defense yet.

Chiefshrink
08-29-2016, 06:48 PM
every game

well then.....:rolleyes:

Mav
08-29-2016, 06:49 PM
well then.....:rolleyes:

Usually would watch the Chiefs games live if they were on at the same time and record Browns games.

NWTF
08-29-2016, 08:07 PM
Kruger was a pretty good rusher for the Ravens a few years back but he seems to have regressed somewhat with the Browns, but the Browns do tend to have that effect on players.

DJ's left nut
08-29-2016, 10:15 PM

Do I have to take you seriously when you don't understand that the Chiefs are prohibited from extending Berry at this point?

Eh, don't answer. I'm not going to.

The Chiefs don't have nearly the last flexibility you believe they do and the fact that you're citing cutting Bailey (who's dead money would be brutal) and Berry (who again, by rule cannot be extended) confirms that you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Psyko Tek
08-29-2016, 10:34 PM
This needs repeating.

I believe Hali's worst will be better than fords best
get us some back up, a PAID Houston may have a problem showing up

Chiefs=Champions
08-30-2016, 02:55 AM
Kruger to visit saints then chiefs

http://www.espn.com.au/american-football/story/_/id/17419965/paul-kruger-visit-new-orleans-saints-release-cleveland-browns

Pasta Little Brioni
08-30-2016, 04:32 AM
Turd

Couch-Potato
08-30-2016, 04:52 AM

http://www.espn.com.au/american-football/story/_/id/17419965/paul-kruger-visit-new-orleans-saints-release-cleveland-browns

Foles, Acker, Kruger... I love seeing that we're grabbing talent wherever we can and making a strong push to squeeze all the juice out of our offseason before the season starts.

Red Dawg
08-30-2016, 05:06 AM
Pick him up. Why the hell not, we could use the help.

ChiefAshhole1056
08-30-2016, 05:42 AM
How much is too much to pay for Kruger?

nychief
08-30-2016, 05:49 AM
Sounds like the saints are all in.... Which is fine.

Dunerdr
08-30-2016, 06:42 AM
Kruger to visit Nola then Kc.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/8/30/12707570/free-agent-paul-kruger-scheduled-to-visit-chiefs-after-saints

notorious
08-30-2016, 06:57 AM
Another fun fact. Andy Reid is part of the LDS church. So is Paul Kruger. In fact, Kruger went on a two year mission for the Church from 2005-07. It was at a church in Independence, just a few miles from Arrowhead Stadium

It's a lock. LMAO

notorious
08-30-2016, 07:01 AM
Besides, you know how KC fans love their "high motor" (wink, wink) defensive players.......

Dunerdr
08-30-2016, 07:22 AM
Krugers not what he once was but I'd rather go into the season with two halis than one Hali and a Dee ford.

RunKC
08-30-2016, 07:24 AM
Would like this move. Add all the pass rush you can while Houston is out.

Looks like a redshirt year for Dadi Nicolas.

KChiefs1
08-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Foles, Acker, Kruger... I love seeing that we're grabbing talent wherever we can and making a strong push to squeeze all the juice out of our offseason before the season starts.

Ladies & gentlemen...John Dorsey.

KChiefs1
08-30-2016, 07:56 AM
It's a lock. LMAO

That is a lock.

Bwana
08-30-2016, 07:57 AM
Do it!

Dante84
08-30-2016, 07:59 AM
So this would give Zombo the boot, right?

Houston
Hali
Kruger
Ford
Moses
Nicholas

Cut: Zombo?

Dunerdr
08-30-2016, 08:04 AM

Houston
Hali
Kruger
Ford
Moses
Nicholas

Dee ford to IR (undecending testicles)

Skyy God
08-30-2016, 08:19 AM

If he wants another ring, we're a better chance than the Saints

Rooster
08-30-2016, 08:20 AM
Besides, you know how KC fans love their "high motor" (wink, wink) defensive players.......

about as much as KC fans love their "high motor" receivers.

ChiefAshhole1056
08-30-2016, 08:25 AM
Don't see how his decision would be based on money considering NO and KC are two of the least cap space friendly teams in the league..

Way I see it is he has to decide if he wants to be a part of a playoff team and recharge his value on a one year "prove-it" deal in KC, or go to a longer term and starting role in a more interesting/fun city such as New Oreleans (considering his career has been spent in Cleveland/Baltimore, the man may want to go that route).

Frosty
08-30-2016, 08:39 AM

Houston
Hali
Kruger
Ford
Moses
Nicholas

Zombo is too important on ST and can back up both OLB and ILB. Moses would be gone, imo.

The Franchise
08-30-2016, 08:42 AM
Zombo is too important on ST and can back up both OLB and ILB. Moses would be gone, imo.

Zombo has kind of looked like shit so far this year though. I'd rather keep Moses over Zombo.

BleedingRed
08-30-2016, 08:45 AM
Good depth pickup if he signs

Frosty
08-30-2016, 08:49 AM
Zombo has kind of looked like shit so far this year though. I'd rather keep Moses over Zombo.

Yeah, he hasn't looked great in the starting role. However, Moses hasn't done anything, either, since the Seattle game. Plus, they already cut Moses once this year.

RunKC
08-30-2016, 09:05 AM
The 6-foot-4, 270-pounder had a solid three-year run in Cleveland, but it wasn't as dynamic as his contract suggested. He had 4.5 sacks in 2013, 11 in 2014 and 2.5 in 2015, with his numbers suffering from his move from the strong side to the weak side.

That's why we're looking at him IMO. Ford Is better on the weak side and Kruger is better on the strong side.

Set that up and have Hali rotate in part time.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2016, 09:19 AM
That's why we're looking at him IMO. Ford Is better on the weak side and Kruger is better on the strong side.

No question; it's a hand in glove move. He'd be an ideal fit.

But the money is just so damn tight. Even if you cut Davis, Fleming, DAT and Cooper, you save about $2.7 million after dead money but then you have to backfill them with other guys at the veterans minimum that will cost about $2 million. So cutting that dead weight saves us only about $700K.

Mauga would save us another $500K or so after his replacement is figured in.

Sure, there are re-structures, but I wouldn't guarantee Charles or Colquitt any more money. I'd consider restructuring Smith as I think we can safely say that he's here through 2018 at this point. The Chiefs could escape his deal pretty easily after 2017 but I just don't think they're inclined to do it. So if he's here through 2018 anyway, might as well try to convert some of his base this year into bonus. You could probably free up $3-4 million doing that, but it would take away that flexibility you'd gain post 2017 if it turns out that there's a young QB you really like in the draft next year.

There aren't easy answers, despite how loudly the "the cap is a myth" crowd wants to argue otherwise. This is a young team with some ascending players and a load of draft capital over the coming years. It's not a team that needs to push its chips in now for one last all or nothing run. They need to constantly keep an eye on the coming years as they have enough depth in this roster that they will need to pay for - the cap will ALWAYS be a problem on a team this deep.

Gotta be smart.

The Franchise
08-30-2016, 09:23 AM

But the money is just so damn tight. Even if you cut Davis, Fleming, DAT and Cooper, you save about $2.7 million after dead money but then you have to backfill them with other guys at the veterans minimum that will cost about $2 million. So cutting that dead weight saves us only about $700K.

Sure, there are re-structures, but I wouldn't guarantee Charles or Colquitt any more money. I'd consider restructuring Smith as I think we can safely say that he's here through 2018 at this point. The Chiefs could escape his deal pretty easily after 2017 but I just don't think they're inclined to do it. So if he's here through 2018 anyway, might as well try to convert some of his base this year into bonus. You could probably free up $3-4 million doing that, but it would take away that flexibility you'd gain post 2017 if it turns out that there's a young QB you really like in the draft next year.

There aren't easy answers, despite how loudly the "the cap is a myth" crowd wants to argue otherwise. This is a young team with some ascending players and a load of draft capital over the coming years. It's not a team that needs to push its chips in now for one last all or nothing run. They need to constantly keep an eye on the coming years as they have enough depth in this roster that they will need to pay for - the cap will ALWAYS be a problem on a team this deep.

Gotta be smart.

What are you backfilling with Davis, Flemming, DAT and Cooper? Their replacements are already on this roster. If they're planning on keeping a 4th RB....then they can keep Reaves. Flemming and Cooper already have their replacements in Murray and Acker. DAT is being replaced with Hill.

And I posted before in another thread....but the Broncos asked their Colquitt to take a paycut. I'd do the same thing with Dustin.

O.city
08-30-2016, 09:25 AM
What's sucks is Houston's injury and the total money you've got there.

With him out and having to pay Kruger, you've got a big chunk in one spot pretty quick.

threebag
08-30-2016, 09:27 AM
I am loving some Dadi Nicolas

The Franchise
08-30-2016, 09:29 AM
Houston (PUP/ IR to return)

Kruger
Hali
Ford
Zombo
Moses
Nicholas

When Houston comes back....you either cut Zombo or Moses.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2016, 09:32 AM
What are you backfilling with Davis, Flemming, DAT and Cooper? Their replacements are already on this roster. If they're planning on keeping a 4th RB....then they can keep Reaves. Flemming and Cooper already have their replacements in Murray and Acker. DAT is being replaced with Hill.

And I posted before in another thread....but the Broncos asked their Colquitt to take a paycut. I'd do the same thing with Dustin.

No they aren't. Their replacements are people who AREN'T presently factored into the 'top 51' that the NFL factors into the cap.

When you cut Davis and keep Reaves, Reaves now moves into the 'top 51'. Cutting Davis saves you $700K but Reaves costs the veteran minimum and will count against the cap now at $500Kish.

So the net gain is $200K. And it's like that with Flemming, Cooper, etc...

You still have to fill a roster and when you're looking at cutting guys that are barely making above the minimum anyway AND carry dead money with them, you're mostly moving laterally when you try to make space by cutting them.

As for Colquitt - probably too late. If the Chiefs wanted to mess with his money, they needed to bring in camp competition. He holds the cards now. The only way they'd convince him to take a pay cut is if they agree to lock him in on his money for next year and they shouldn't be doing that either. It's time to move on from the $4 million punter (it's past time, in fact, but the Chiefs are stuck here, IMO).

O.city
08-30-2016, 09:33 AM
Houston (PUP/ IR to return)

Kruger
Hali
Ford
Zombo
Moses
Nicholas

When Houston comes back....you either cut Zombo or Moses.

I don't think they need 6 olb.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2016, 09:39 AM
They don't need Zombo and Moses. And while I'd generally favor keeping Zombo due to his ability to play inside, we're probably going to keep 5 ILB. Sure, Zombo's a good special teamer, but so are lots of guys if given an opportunity there.

Zombo's looked pretty rough this year and Moses appears to have outplayed him. It's probably about time to move on from Frank.

RunKC
08-30-2016, 09:40 AM

Gotta be smart.

This is the first year Alex is truly comfortable in this offense and the pieces are there. Alex is gonna be here for the next 4 years IMO. No problem restructuring him.

Also, I agree 100% with Pest. Colquitt needs to take a pay cut.

O.city
08-30-2016, 09:41 AM
They don't need Zombo and Moses. And while I'd generally favor keeping Zombo due to his ability to play inside, we're probably going to keep 5 ILB. Sure, Zombo's a good special teamer, but so are lots of guys if given an opportunity there.

Zombo's looked pretty rough this year and Moses appears to have outplayed him. It's probably about time to move on from Frank.

I don't see the need for Zombo anymore.

Frosty
08-30-2016, 09:44 AM

Didn't they extend Zombo this year? Would cutting him affect the cap negatively?

DJ's left nut
08-30-2016, 09:45 AM
This is the first year Alex is truly comfortable in this offense and the pieces are there. Alex is gonna be here for the next 4 years IMO. No problem restructuring him.

Also, I agree 100% with Pest. Colquitt needs to take a pay cut.

Agree all you want - he won't. The Chiefs can ask but he'll call their bluff.

They should've !@#$ing cut him. I've been saying that for awhile now. They probably should've cut him last season.

But they have zero leverage. They're not going to cut their punter when they haven't even had a body in camp to push him. Not with the value that Reid and Dorsey put on special teams. Colquitt knows they aren't going to cut him if he doesn't agree to a cut so the only thing he'd agree to is a re-structure.

Which would only serve to prolong the problem of our overpaid punter. Colquitt's ROI has been out of whack for at least a season and it's time to move on, but the Chiefs haven't given themselves a viable alternative.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2016, 09:48 AM
Didn't they extend Zombo this year? Would cutting him affect the cap negatively?

Yeah, but the extension has virtually no guaranteed money in it so cutting him and Moses makes the roster instead, you're looking at a savings of about $400.

RunKC
08-30-2016, 09:48 AM
Mauga-$3 million
Colquitt-$4 million
Restructure Alex and save $4 million

That's $11 million next year with those moves. I would also look to extend Howard. The guy didn't play much early in his career so he's got a lot of miles left on him and he's in his prime. Extending him 2 years to 2019 would be a good move IMO. The guy would be turning 31 in late December of 2019.

2012-22 snaps
2013-48 snaps
2014-436 snaps
2015-752 snaps

Jaye Howard has a lot left. He could be good until he's 31 IMO. Last year was the first time he was a full time starter.

O.city
08-30-2016, 09:59 AM
I'm hesitant to move on from Mauga yet.

The Franchise
08-30-2016, 10:00 AM

I wouldn't.....at least until March has proven that he's ready for that full-time starting job.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Mauga-$3 million
Colquitt-$4 million
Restructure Alex and save $4 million

That's $11 million next year with those moves. I would also look to extend Howard. The guy didn't play much early in his career so he's got a lot of miles left on him and he's in his prime. Extending him 2 years to 2019 would be a good move IMO. The guy would be turning 31 in late December of 2019.

2012-22 snaps
2013-48 snaps
2014-436 snaps
2015-752 snaps

Jaye Howard has a lot left. He could be good until he's 31 IMO. Last year was the first time he was a full time starter.

What? This is just silly.

No, cutting Mauga doesn't save you $3 million. It saves you $2 million plus the cost of his replacement on the roster so more like $1.5 million. Kruger doesn't replace Mauga; he's an ILB. Somebody is going to take that roster spot at ILB and that person will cost at least the minimum.

And Colquitt's not going anywhere. He just isn't. They aren't going to go with a street FA at punter and for the reasons already stated, he's not just going to agree to a haircut.

As for Howard, if he wanted to sign away 2-3 more years, he'd have done so. We just signed him to the 2 year deal and the reason he took only 2 years was to ensure he hit the market for another big pay day. If he wanted to sign a 4 year deal or if the Chiefs wanted to give him one for whatever he'd be willing to sign for now, it would've been done in free agency.

Frosty
08-30-2016, 10:08 AM
Not advocating him, but Bjoern Werner was just cut by the Jags. That makes two teams to cut him since he was drafted in the first round in 2013. What a bust this guy turned out to be.

Titty Meat
08-30-2016, 10:18 AM
He's visiting us and the Saints

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2016, 10:18 AM

I'm not.

March made a big leap from the Rams game to the Bears game and I think Alexander would be an adequate backup.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Mauga waived with an injury settlement. If he's on the roster Week 1, his salary is guaranteed for the year and at that point, he's on the roster for the entirety of 2016.

Or, maybe they waived him and if he's not claimed, bring him back Week 2, when his salary isn't guaranteed.

staylor26
08-30-2016, 10:20 AM

We already know this dipshit.

O.city
I'm not.

March made a big leap from the Rams game to the Bears game and I think Alexander would be an adequate backup.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Mauga waived with an injury settlement. If he's on the roster Week 1, his salary is guaranteed for the year and at that point, he's on the roster for the entirety of 2016.

Well, 1 game against the shitty bears isn't alot.

I think he'll eventually take that spot, but it's still shaky

DaneMcCloud

Saints first, then Chiefs

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2016, 10:22 AM
Well, 1 game against the shitty bears isn't alot.

I think he'll eventually take that spot, but it's still shaky

For the most part, I thought he was more comfortable than against the Rams and his sideline-sideline movement was phenomenal.

I'm not stating that he wouldn't have a few bumps in the road but he clearly has a higher ceiling.

Having Berry in run support will also help cover some mistakes.

The Franchise
08-30-2016, 10:23 AM
For the most part, I thought he was more comfortable than against the Rams and his sideline-sideline movement was phenomenal.

I'm not stating that he wouldn't have a few bumps in the road but he clearly has a higher ceiling.

Think we can survive with 4 ILBs? DJ, March, Wilson and Alexander?

Halfcan
08-30-2016, 10:23 AM
How will the Chiefs get by without his 27 combined tackles and 2.5 sacks that he posted last year?

Hopefully the Saints will sign him to a huge, cap eating contract.

RunKC
08-30-2016, 10:24 AM
What? This is just silly.

No, cutting Mauga doesn't save you $3 million. It saves you $2 million plus the cost of his replacement on the roster so more like $1.5 million. Kruger doesn't replace Mauga; he's an ILB. Somebody is going to take that roster spot at ILB and that person will cost at least the minimum.

And Colquitt's not going anywhere. He just isn't. They aren't going to go with a street FA at punter and for the reasons already stated, he's not just going to agree to a haircut.

As for Howard, if he wanted to sign away 2-3 more years, he'd have done so. We just signed him to the 2 year deal and the reason he took only 2 years was to ensure he hit the market for another big pay day. If he wanted to sign a 4 year deal or if the Chiefs wanted to give him one for whatever he'd be willing to sign for now, it would've been done in free agency.

Well of course Kruger does not replace Mauga. But March, Wilson and Alexander make him expendable.

I'm in full agreement with Dane here. March looked fantastic last weekend.

O.city
08-30-2016, 10:26 AM

Zombo can go there in a pinch?

DJ's left nut
08-30-2016, 10:26 AM
Well of course Kruger does not replace Mauga. But March, Wilson and Alexander make him expendable.

I'm in full agreement with Dane here. March looked fantastic last weekend.

Rolling with 4 ILB is pretty dangerous for a 3-4 team with one aging ILB and 3 guys that have never shown the ability to start for a winning team. March has had injury issues, Alexander has barely seen the field and Wilson's still going out there looking for gaps rather than trying to close them.

I wouldn't move on from Mauga, not for the relatively paltry cap savings they'd get.

The Franchise
08-30-2016, 10:27 AM
Zombo can go there in a pinch?

Zombo can be cut as well. He didn't look good at all in preseason this year and I'd rather have Moses over him.

Titty Meat
08-30-2016, 10:36 AM
We already know this dipshit.

Why are you always angry?

Titty Meat
08-30-2016, 10:37 AM

Well if he's serious about winning hell come here.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2016, 10:40 AM

Four's probably a bit thin but there's no guarantee that Mauga is even physically able to play and I would think that as of today, March is the starter, as Mauga's missed almost all of TC and preseason.

If Mauga's not ready to go, waived or placed on IR, I'd imagine Dorsey would grab someone off waivers, unless they have faith in Terrence Smith.

Rolling with 4 ILB is pretty dangerous for a 3-4 team with one aging ILB and 3 guys that have never shown the ability to start for a winning team. March has had injury issues, Alexander has barely seen the field and Wilson's still going out there looking for gaps rather than trying to close them.

I wouldn't move on from Mauga, not for the relatively paltry cap savings they'd get.

March had one injury issue, a torn meniscus. Outside of that, I don't recall him being labeled "Injury Prone".

I understand your hesitation to move on from Mauga but keep in mind, the guy was a late July 2014 acquisition himself. I guess I just don't see him as irreplaceable.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2016, 10:43 AM
Well if he's serious about winning hell come here.

Money will most definitely be a factor, as will length of contract, possibility to start and so on.

If he's offered a multi-year deal by the Saints but only a 1 year deal to join the Chiefs, which offer do you think he'd take, especially when Houston is healthy, the SOLB job is his for the duration?

Dunerdr
08-30-2016, 10:44 AM
Four's probably a bit thin but there's no guarantee that Mauga is even physically able to play and I would think that as of today, March is the starter, as Mauga's missed almost all of TC and preseason.

If Mauga's not ready to go, waived or placed on IR, I'd imagine Dorsey would grab someone off waivers, unless they have faith in Terrence Smith.

March had one injury issue, a torn meniscus. Outside of that, I don't recall him being labeled "Injury Prone".

I understand your hesitation to move on from Mauga but keep in mind, the guy was a late July 2014 acquisition himself. I guess I just don't see him as irreplaceable.
Hey Kelce was an oft injured bust according to the brain trust here.

Bwana
08-30-2016, 10:49 AM

Yep and I hope he makes it out of NO without inking a deal.

Meatloaf
08-30-2016, 10:58 AM
From what I heard, the Saints are gonna put the full court press on Kruger. Apparently, they want him badly. I'd be shocked if he even makes it to KC. Of course, this is just Internet rumor stuffs, so take it for what it's worth......about zilch!

The Franchise
08-30-2016, 11:00 AM
The Saints better pull some money out of their ass because they currently have less than a million dollars in cap space.

Dunerdr
08-30-2016, 11:24 AM
From what I heard, the Saints are gonna put the full court press on Kruger. Apparently, they want him badly. I'd be shocked if he even makes it to KC. Of course, this is just Internet rumor stuffs, so take it for what it's worth......about zilch!

Aren't the saints broke, rebuilding and already loaded with old guys?

O.city
08-30-2016, 12:24 PM
Mauga out for year with labrum tear, to ir

notorious
08-30-2016, 12:32 PM
It's a sure thing, now. He will be a Chief.

Dunerdr
08-30-2016, 12:48 PM
Why he plays a different position than mauga. I assume you mean from a money perspective it's more possible?

Become weaker up the middle to be stronger outside? I can dig it.

Direckshun
08-30-2016, 12:53 PM
Mauga out for year with labrum tear, to ir

Link that shit. CP has burned me too many times.

Direckshun
08-30-2016, 12:54 PM
Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor 31m31 minutes ago

Josh Mauga is out for the season with a labral tear.

Good to hear this gives March a chance. And we likely won't have to make a decision between Wilson and Alexander, now. Unless there was some 3rd string ILB lighting shit up that I didn't know about, this allows us to keep an extra passrusher, too.

OLB: Hali, Zombo, Moses?
ILB: March, Wilson
ILB: Johnson, Alexander
OLB: Ford, Nicholas

DJ's left nut
08-30-2016, 01:08 PM
So much for cutting Mauga to get cap relief.

That's pretty much a worst of both worlds situation right there. All the downside of cutting a proven veteran with none of the financial savings.

Well shit.

Frosty
08-30-2016, 01:18 PM

That's pretty much a worst of both worlds situation right there. All the downside of cutting a proven veteran with none of the financial savings.

Well shit.

I asked elsewhere but how does IR affect the cap? Does his salary count fully even if the season hasn't started yet? Can they do an injury settlement and release with him and get some cap relief?

DJ's left nut
08-30-2016, 01:25 PM
I asked elsewhere but how does IR affect the cap? Does his salary count fully even if the season hasn't started yet? Can they do an injury settlement and release with him and get some cap relief?

It counts. As does the salary of the guy that's going to replace him on the active roster now. It's pretty much a double dick punch.

And yeah, they could injury settle with him but he has no obligation to do it. Why would he take anything less than he's owed? He was hurt during the game so unless he's willing to just write off half of it to Clark, it's going to be the same amount against the cap even if it's called an injury settlement.

Now he was charged with about 400K in LTBE, per game incentives. I'm guessing since the IR will mean he's not playing again, the Chiefs can get the league to change those incentives to call them UTBE and that would take the incentives off the cap at least.

But otherwise, this is pretty much a worst case scenario and completely blows.

mdchiefsfan
08-30-2016, 01:32 PM
I could be off in my memory of him, as I haven't seen him since Baltimore, but isn't he more of a WOLB than a SOLB? For some reason I see him on the blindside.

Frosty
08-30-2016, 01:35 PM
And yeah, they could injury settle with him but he has no obligation to do it. Why would he take anything less than he's owed? He was hurt during the game so unless he's willing to just write off half of it to Clark, it's going to be the same amount against the cap even if it's called an injury settlement.

Well, he would be free to sign with another team when he heals. If he thought he could make better money doing that, he might be willing settle for less to be released from his contract rather than sitting all year. I guess it would depend how injured he actually is.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2016, 01:58 PM

Well shit.
I didn't think cutting Mauga was ever going to result in cap relief.

I thought it would cost us, not save us.

DJ's left nut
08-30-2016, 02:18 PM
I didn't think cutting Mauga was ever going to result in cap relief.

I thought it would cost us, not save us.

Would have saved about $1.5 million.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2016, 02:21 PM
Would have saved about $1.5 million.
Good to know

still injury settlement

The Franchise
08-30-2016, 02:24 PM
Good to know

still injury settlement

Like DJ said.....why would Mauga accept anything less than what he's owed?

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-30-2016, 03:48 PM
Just read that Kruger was 12th in the league in QB pressures last year. 11 sacks in 2014.

I think we really could use this guy.

planetdoc
08-30-2016, 03:55 PM
tied for 4th actually. http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/defensive-hurries/2015/

RealSNR
08-30-2016, 04:10 PM
#BringbackStudebaker

staylor26
08-30-2016, 04:17 PM
"At this point, the Chiefs are second on the visit list. Kruger is scheduled to visit the New Orleans Saints on Tuesday. On the surface, Kansas City would make much more sense for two reasons. The Chiefs are much more of a Super Bowl contender, and they play a 3-4 defense whereas New Orleans runs a 4-3. Kruger has always been a 3-4 outside linebacker."

This is a great point. He was unhappy with how the Browns "misused" him, so why would he go to another team that will do the same thing? I like our chances.

The Franchise
08-30-2016, 04:21 PM
"At this point, the Chiefs are second on the visit list. Kruger is scheduled to visit the New Orleans Saints on Tuesday. On the surface, Kansas City would make much more sense for two reasons. The Chiefs are much more of a Super Bowl contender, and they play a 3-4 defense whereas New Orleans runs a 4-3. Kruger has always been a 3-4 outside linebacker."

This is a great point. He was unhappy with how the Browns "misused" him, so why would he go to another team that will do the same thing? I like our chances.

Then why schedule a visit with the Saints? I know he's going to use it to inflate his price....but still.

staylor26
08-30-2016, 04:25 PM
Then why schedule a visit with the Saints? I know he's going to use it to inflate his price....but still.

Yea I thought about that also. Maybe because there's not a lot of interest outside of those two teams.

Dave Lane
08-30-2016, 04:27 PM
Why are you always angry?

He's a huge Chiefs homer? I mean I'm not even a homer and they piss me off.

RippedmyFlesh
08-30-2016, 04:45 PM
Just read that Kruger was 12th in the league in QB pressures last year. 11 sacks in 2014.

I think we really could use this guy.

He would be a great signing. Putting ford on the bench upgrades the defense.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2016, 04:56 PM

Well shit.

Yep, it sucks.

I had a feeling he'd miss the season due to injury but obviously hoped that he wouldn't be placed on IR because it's just $2.7 million dollars spent with zero return.

From the sound of the injury, he may not even return to play football, as it's a long rehab process and he'll be 30 in June.

At that point, what could he add to the team, anyway?

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-30-2016, 05:14 PM
Yep, it sucks.

I had a feeling he'd miss the season due to injury but obviously hoped that he wouldn't be placed on IR because it's just $2.7 million dollars spent with zero return.

From the sound of the injury, he may not even return to play football, as it's a long rehab process and he'll be 30 in June.

At that point, what could he add to the team, anyway?

He could increase the average age of our team.

chiefzilla1501
08-30-2016, 05:18 PM

I am confused by this too. If he's truly interested in where he can succeed, and I think he'd want that at this point in his career, it's between KC, the Bills, and Baltimore.

ChiefAshhole1056
08-30-2016, 05:18 PM
So we haven't heard any updates on this since this morning. Is that good or bad?

I feel like Dorsey usually prefers to work silently, the Schwartz signing came out of nowhere.

chiefzilla1501
08-30-2016, 05:20 PM
So we haven't heard any updates on this since this morning. Is that good or bad?

I feel like Dorsey usually prefers to work silently, the Schwartz signing came out of nowhere.

That's Reid. They call him silent but deadly

penbrook
08-30-2016, 05:20 PM

He hasn't even visited us yet 😂😂😂

CupidStunt
08-30-2016, 05:21 PM

Standard due diligence. What if they offer him crazy money? He'd be an idiot to turn it down regardless of scheme. If the money is equal or more to the point, if both teams offer prove-it type contracts, I'm sure he'd choose KC where his supporting cast will be a lot better and help him perform as an individual so that he can cash in on another contract.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-30-2016, 05:40 PM
Saints are in worse cap shape than we R

Mr. Laz
08-30-2016, 05:54 PM

something that dorsey and Pioli have in common ... Cone of Silence

chiefzilla1501
08-30-2016, 05:56 PM
Saints are in worse cap shape than we R

That doesn't matter as much when the team is desperately building one last winner before the franchise goes to shit after Brees is done. They're milking every year they have with him.

MMXcalibur
08-30-2016, 06:03 PM

That should be the first and last time Dorsey and Pioli should be in the same sentence.

RealSNR
08-30-2016, 06:17 PM

With Pioli, this is more what I envision when I think of "cone of silence."

https://dogs.thefuntimesguide.com/files/dog-just-hanging-out-with-ecollar.jpg

the Talking Can
08-30-2016, 06:37 PM
kruger is the difference between the Saints going 6-10 or just 6-10

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2016, 06:40 PM

LMAO

Frosty
08-30-2016, 06:47 PM

Denver just released younger brother. Maybe he would come cheaper. :)

Sorter
08-30-2016, 06:53 PM

I actually thought the Saints would be average this year.

Then training camp + preseason happened. LMAO.

the Talking Can
08-30-2016, 07:12 PM
I actually thought the Saints would be average this year.

Then training camp + preseason happened. LMAO.

hard to overstate how whipped they've been...the whole payton-era has gone stale, dude is on track for 4th losing season in 5 years

a quick google found this nugget:

If you want to know the cause behind the Saints fall from the game's elite, then look no further than their drafts from 2010-2014. Here are the players of note left on the roster: Cameron Jordan, Mark Ingram, Terron Armstead, and Brandin Cooks. From five year's worth of drafts, the Saints have four players left on contract.

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2016/8/29/12686572/the-saints-are-a-disaster-but-how-did-it-get-to-this

Frosty
08-30-2016, 07:15 PM
That's Pioli level drafting.

Dunerdr
08-30-2016, 07:18 PM
Jesus Christmas. Doesn't Payton have some clause in his contract that if the GM leaves he can opt out? He's chained himself to this garbage draft guy.

Sorter
08-30-2016, 07:20 PM
hard to overstate how whipped they've been...the whole payton-era has gone stale, dude is on track for 4th losing season in 5 years

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2016/8/29/12686572/the-saints-are-a-disaster-but-how-did-it-get-to-this

http://i.imgur.com/VUAWW.gif

staylor26
08-30-2016, 07:26 PM

That is just awful. LMAO

Never leave us Dorsey :wayne:

KChiefs1
08-30-2016, 07:30 PM
So no news is good news right?

TheUte
08-30-2016, 07:35 PM
Got way over paid after his time in Baltimore.

If he is cheap may be worth it, if not no go.

Dunerdr
08-30-2016, 07:40 PM
Got way over paid after his time in Baltimore.

If he is cheap may be worth it, if not no go.

Idk he had a shit ton of pressures last year I'd pay mediocre money to keep outside pressure opposite Hali

Mr. Laz
08-30-2016, 08:19 PM
Idk he had a shit ton of pressures last year I'd pay mediocre money to keep outside pressure opposite Hali

pressure and pass defenses are good

Acker guy we got has the pass defenses so maybe we add some pressures with Kruger.

Still don't know who's going to cover the right flat and set the edge

New World Order
08-30-2016, 08:39 PM
Kruger would be great.

He had more qb pressures than Tamba, Von Miller and JJ Watt last year.

Sorter
08-30-2016, 08:43 PM
pressure and pass defenses are good

Acker we got has the pass defenses so maybe we add some pressures with Kruger.

Still don't know who's going to cover the right flat and set the edge

Rumor is that might depend on the coverage and front.

booger
08-30-2016, 09:05 PM
He always played Sam in bmore didn't he? With Suggs at rush I would assume so. I think he bulked up one of those early years to try to play DE. And was a Sam in Cleveland best I remember.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-30-2016, 09:56 PM
Maybe he'll give us a discount since he was college buddies with our QB

mdchiefsfan
08-31-2016, 02:10 AM
He always played Sam in bmore didn't he? With Suggs at rush I would assume so. I think he bulked up one of those early years to try to play DE. And was a Sam in Cleveland best I remember.

You're right. I had to look up some Ravens highlights to be sure. Im not sure why I saw him as a Will with Suggs there; I think I'm used to seeing Suggs playing DE when they would switch to their 4-3 sub-sets. He is exactly what we would need.

ChiefAshhole1056
08-31-2016, 06:22 AM
He went with the Saints..

ChiefAshhole1056
08-31-2016, 06:22 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/770959394515419136

RealSNR
08-31-2016, 06:25 AM
When the Saints ring that bell, you just gotta answer it. Just can't pass up that opportunity.

notorious
08-31-2016, 06:29 AM
Loser.

notorious
08-31-2016, 06:31 AM
Who is chiefsfanatic22 on Twitter? Guy is a dumbass.

Bwana
08-31-2016, 06:40 AM
fuck

jjchieffan
08-31-2016, 06:41 AM
Well, there goes that. Was hoping he would come to KC before making his decision. I still don't see how he fits their scheme.

staylor26
08-31-2016, 06:45 AM
Complains about being misused in Cleveland....

Goes to a 4-3 team. :rolleyes:

Bwana
08-31-2016, 06:45 AM
Well, there goes that. Was hoping he would come to KC before making his decision. I still don't see how he fits their scheme.

Yeah I was worried about the fact he was going to N O first and figured they would do whatever it took to get him to ink a deal. :shake: Oh well, a lot of cuts coming up.

BossChief
08-31-2016, 06:46 AM
I wonder how much they gave him. They only had like a million in cap space...but they always look to hand out stupid contracts, so I'm anxious to see how much they gave Kruger to keep him in town.

nychief
08-31-2016, 06:51 AM
For a some players Sean Peyton's bullshit is still enticing.... that franchise is on the downward spiral. Have at. Old dick outside LBers.

The Franchise
08-31-2016, 06:52 AM
God damnt. Good luck not winning anything down there.

Dunerdr
08-31-2016, 07:08 AM
Fuck

Pasta Little Brioni
08-31-2016, 07:19 AM
He will have nightmares about this

Chiefs=Champions
08-31-2016, 07:22 AM
That is frustrating.

Dunerdr
08-31-2016, 07:27 AM
I mean come the fuck on New Orleans has shipped out what little talent they did have what is even the fucking point of this signing. A failure to commit to a rebuild?

TEX
08-31-2016, 07:32 AM
Complains about being misused in Cleveland....

Goes to a 4-3 team. :rolleyes:

Simple math : Probability said 4-3 Team would pay $$$ > 3-4 Team

RippedmyFlesh
08-31-2016, 07:34 AM
Simple math : Probability said 4-3 Team would pay $$$ > 3-4 Team

Maybe he figured he would have a bigger role than in KC. Houston comes back and there goes playing time.

The Franchise
08-31-2016, 07:43 AM
I'd like to see where they got the cap space for this.

wazu
08-31-2016, 07:44 AM
Maybe he figured he would have a bigger role than in KC. Houston comes back and there goes playing time.

Makes sense I guess, except I don't think Houston comes back this year, and Tamba could/should retire soon. And KC has a D-Line that would have made him look better.

TEX
08-31-2016, 07:50 AM

Could be, but didn't the Saints make a strong play for him before he signed with Cleveland a few years back? He may not have really ever intended to come to KC and may have just scheduled the visit as leverage to get a deal done while in New Orleans. Who knows?

milkman
08-31-2016, 07:51 AM

I agree with you though. Ford has no instinct in this defense whatsoever. He looks a lot like Lucille Ball in that infamous candy factory scene getting overwhelmed very easily. Just looks lost the majority of the time.

What exactly has Dorsey done to suggest, in any way, that he allows his ego to get in the way of making good football decisions?

You don't cut first round picks after their second season before they get every opportunity.
That isn't ego.
That's common sense.

Stryker
08-31-2016, 08:00 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17429402/paul-kruger-agrees-deal-new-orleans-saints-release-cleveland-browns

Signed with Saints

RippedmyFlesh
08-31-2016, 08:02 AM
What exactly has Dorsey done to suggest, in any way, that he allows his ego to get in the way of making good football decisions?

You don't cut first round picks after their second season before they get every opportunity.
That isn't ego.
That's common sense.

While all true he is hard to watch.

Dunerdr
08-31-2016, 08:06 AM
While all true he is hard to watch.
Yeah it sucks watching one first round pick struggle to pan out but atleast be semi functioning.

Wonder how the saints fans feel with 4 guys left on the team from the 10-14 draft..

RippedmyFlesh
08-31-2016, 08:14 AM
Yeah it sucks watching one first round pick struggle to pan out but atleast be semi functioning.

Wonder how the saints fans feel with 4 guys left on the team from the 10-14 draft..

I am all in on Dorsey I just don't like ford.

TEX
08-31-2016, 08:18 AM
I am all in on Dorsey I just don't like ford.

That's how I feel. However, I did like Ford for ONCE last season...

RunKC
08-31-2016, 08:21 AM
Money talks

RippedmyFlesh
08-31-2016, 08:22 AM
That's how I feel. However, I did like Ford for ONCE last season...

I seem to remember a dlineman who had 3 sacks in 1 game and did little after that a few years ago.

The Franchise
08-31-2016, 08:24 AM
Money talks

What money?

thabear04
08-31-2016, 09:02 AM
Maybe Kruger could pull a Emmanuel Sanders.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2016, 09:15 AM

Nothing.

Ever.

mdchiefsfan
08-31-2016, 09:21 AM
Nothing.

Ever.

Shit. First year here he brought in how many FBs? He wound up traded for Sherman and cut the rest promptly. No ego, whatsoever.

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2016, 09:29 AM
Shit. First year here he brought in how many FBs? He wound up traded for Sherman and cut the rest promptly. No ego, whatsoever.

And despite the rhetoric and bullshit thrown around in this forum, he arguably had the best draft of any GM in 2013, which had the worst collection of NFL talent that I can remember in a least a decade.

CaliforniaChief
08-31-2016, 09:52 AM
The thing I like about Dorsey is that he isn't a "tree" guy. He'll go get talent from any team, any system, any time if he thinks that player will help.

As opposed to the previous regime, where the only valid options were guys that had New England connections.

Dunerdr
08-31-2016, 10:09 AM
The thing I like about Dorsey is that he isn't a "tree" guy. He'll go get talent from any team, any system, any time if he thinks that player will help.

As opposed to the previous regime, where the only valid options were guys that had New England connections.

This is a lie his ego only allows him to get nfl, ncaa basketball, and tryout CFL stars. Egotistical fucking prick.

Halfcan
08-31-2016, 10:10 AM
I wonder how much they gave him. They only had like a million in cap space...but they always look to hand out stupid contracts, so I'm anxious to see how much they gave Kruger to keep him in town.

This is exactly what I said would happen. I am sure they are much better with Kruger and his 2.5 sacks and 27 tackles that he posted last year. I hope they broke the bank to sign him. Their defense will still suck.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-31-2016, 10:11 AM
Weird for him to go there

Titty Meat
08-31-2016, 10:17 AM
Fuck!

KChiefs1
08-31-2016, 10:18 AM
Are people really criticizing Dorsey? Insane.

bricks
08-31-2016, 10:22 AM
I say the Chiefs should sign Freddie Kruger. Who is this Paul Kruger? Give me Freddie man!!!

Halfcan
08-31-2016, 11:12 AM
I say the Chiefs should sign Freddie Kruger. Who is this Paul Kruger? Give me Freddie man!!!

That would be a nightmare for other teams.