PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFL.com Overwhelming picking the Chiefs to win the AFC West

jjchieffan
09-01-2016, 11:19 PM
A couple of morons think the Donks have a chance. A few picked the Raiders. But I can't fault them for that. The Raiders are the 2nd best team in the division. Nobody chose the Chargers, Sorry Gadzooks.

AFC WEST
Judy Battista: Kansas City Chiefs. Denver's questions at quarterback open the door for the balanced Chiefs, who have a top-three scoring defense and a deep rushing offense. Also, they can rely on Alex Smith to be steady if unspectacular.

Jeffri Chadiha: Chiefs. This is the most talented team head coach Andy Reid has had in his four seasons with the Chiefs. K.C. has to make some noise.

Gil Brandt: Chiefs. Andy Reid is a special coach. This is a veteran team with a plus defense and an offense that will be better than it was in 2015.

Maurice Jones-Drew: Chiefs. Kansas City isn't a flashy team, but the Chiefs have talent on both sides of the ball. This will be a tough division, but K.C. is the team to beat here.

Brian Billick: Chiefs. The Broncos might have the best defense in the NFL, but that's not enough anymore. You have to combine it with a dominant running game that just doesn't exist in Denver. On the contrary, Kansas City might have the deepest backfield in the NFL, and the Chiefs will lean on the three-headed monster of Jamaal Charles, Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware.

Gregg Rosenthal: Chiefs. Alex Smith and Andy Reid enter Year 4 together. Smith knows this offense down cold and has much-improved weapons around him.

Willie McGinest: Denver Broncos. This defense will be great again and should lead the team to its sixth straight AFC West title.

Adam Schein: Oakland Raiders. The Raiders are getting back to the playoffs! I love the Derek Carr-Amari Cooper connection, and Khalil Mack is a star. Jack Del Rio will maximize the talent after a great offseason.

Bucky Brooks: Chiefs. The Chiefs' blue-collar offense leads a surprising run to the AFC West title. Jamaal Charles, Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West pace the NFL's top rushing attack and key a "keepaway" strategy that frustrates opponents.

Elliot Harrison: Chiefs. Kansas City will have its hands full in what should amount to a tight race in the AFC West. With the Raiders ascending but unproven, and the Broncos starting Trevor Siemian, this should be Andy Reid's best shot to win the division.

David Carr: Raiders. Duh.

Charley Casserly: Chiefs. Most solid team on all fronts: offense, defense and experience.

Ike Taylor: Raiders. Surprisingly, the Broncos will be dethroned. The Raiders have been building and will finally break through this season.

Dave Dameshek: Chiefs. There won't be much room between the best and worst in the West this season, but I'll go with Andy Reid, who's fielded a winning team in 12 of his 17 seasons as an NFL head coach. (9-7, No. 4 seed)

Chris Wesseling: Raiders. Don't look now, but the Raiders have assembled one of the deepest rosters in the conference, while the Broncos hope to avert disaster at the game's most valuable position for the second straight season.

Colleen Wolfe: Chiefs. T-minus four-and-a-half months until Andy Reid swaps regular-season excitement for a catastrophic clock-management failure in the playoffs.

Heath Evans: Broncos. The defense plays with confidence and will lead Gary Kubiak's group to another division title.

Marcas Grant: Raiders. Reggie McKenzie's work provides fruit as a young and hungry roster takes advantage of a division in flux to get back to the postseason.

Adam Rank: Chiefs. Andy Reid finds a way to get it done once again.

Alex Gelhar: Raiders. Denver's quarterback issues and Kansas City's injuries on defense pave the way for the Raiders to surprise and take the AFC West crown

KChiefs1
09-01-2016, 11:31 PM
Some of these idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PutQuinnIn
09-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Jinx

NWTF
09-01-2016, 11:40 PM
Chiefs should be the pick. Broncos and Raiders will fight for wildcard.

OldSchool
09-01-2016, 11:44 PM
Chiefs win.

Broncos wildcard.

Raiders same-o same-o.

Nickhead
09-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Chiefs win.

Broncos wildcard.

Raiders same-o same-o.

not with jack del rio as coach

TribalElder
09-01-2016, 11:51 PM
So, we are fucked

Chiefspants
09-01-2016, 11:56 PM
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/september-2-1996-sports-illustrated-coverfootball-nfl-season-preview-picture-id109242133

The Franchise
09-02-2016, 12:03 AM
Fuck you, David Carr. You got paid for that garbage sentence?

ThaVirus
09-02-2016, 12:13 AM
They had an article predicting all if the major awards and Charles seemed to have more votes then anyone as well.

Not that it matters.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2016, 12:51 AM
PRINT 'EM

Hammock Parties
09-02-2016, 12:55 AM
(9-7, No. 4 seed)

T-minus four-and-a-half months until Andy Reid swaps regular-season excitement for a catastrophic clock-management failure in the playoffs.

LMAO

Even when we win, we lose.

Nickhead
09-02-2016, 01:06 AM
**** you, David Carr. You got paid for that garbage sentence?

matches the length of his career.

BryanBusby
09-02-2016, 03:15 AM
Saying the Oakland Raiders have some of the best depth in the AFC is silly. They have some good talent, but they don't even have the best depth in the AFC West.

notorious
09-02-2016, 06:57 AM
Well, if you base your prediction by what we know for certain the Chiefs are the strong pick.

Raiders got fisted by nearly every good team they played and Denver has a ? at the most important position.

Only a complete dumb**** would claim that the Raiders are the deepest team in the West. That is laughably stupid.

Hydrae
09-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Adam Schein: Oakland Raiders. The Raiders are getting back to the playoffs! I love the Derek Carr-Amari Cooper connection, and Khalil Mack is a star. Jack Del Rio will maximize the talent after a great offseason.

ROFL

RunKC
09-02-2016, 07:44 AM
We should win it this year. Oakland has a tough schedule and Denver is starting all over on one side of the ball.

We have chemistry and as much talent overall.

Nickhead
09-02-2016, 07:47 AM
ROFL

i like del rio. if i recall, we gave him his first shot in the nfl.

oakland will be better, but not enough to overtake the chiefs.

they wont finish last, thats for sure.

patteeu
09-02-2016, 08:11 AM
i like del rio. if i recall, we gave him his first shot in the nfl.

oakland will be better, but not enough to overtake the chiefs.

they wont finish last, thats for sure.

2nd shot (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DelxJa00.htm), fwiw.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Diesel Hammy picked the Chiefs too...uh oh

tx4chiefs
09-02-2016, 08:14 AM
Chiefs win.

Broncos wildcard.

Raiders same-o same-o.

Agreed

duncan_idaho
09-02-2016, 08:34 AM
I'm an "expect the worst" guy when it comes to the Chiefs... Can't help but worry what this defense will look like with a less proven secondary (CB worries me after Peters, big-time) and with a much less effective pass rush for nearly half the season.

Not a great combo in a passing league. Especially when KC's run D has been just average the past few years.

Halfcan
09-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Chris Wesseling: Raiders. Don't look now, but the Raiders have assembled one of the deepest rosters in the conference, while the Broncos hope to avert disaster at the game's most valuable position for the second straight season.

ROFL Wow this is the dumbest football take in awhile. Not even hard-core Fader jail birds would go out on this limb. Faders were gashed in the running game, and their offense looked inconsistent at best. 8-8 is their ceiling. I have my doubts they will finally have a winning season.

Halfcan
09-02-2016, 08:41 AM
I'm an "expect the worst" guy when it comes to the Chiefs... Can't help but worry what this defense will look like with a less proven secondary (CB worries me after Peters, big-time) and with a much less effective pass rush for nearly half the season.

Not a great combo in a passing league. Especially when KC's run D has been just average the past few years.

So basically shutting out the Bears and Packers with our 3rd stringers did not give you a reason to be more optimistic?

It is easy to just keep repeating the same mantra- Houston is out, Ford sucks, Hali is crippled, no pass rush ect ect- but if you watched the games closely, we did generate pressure and should be an elite D. again this year.

At the very least- the Chiefs offense is built to be a time eating, yard destroying monster-that should cut 20% off the snaps the D. will have to face. Those long drives will keep them fresh. MVP will keep them pinned down close to their own endzone to start drives.

duncan_idaho
09-02-2016, 08:58 AM
So basically shutting out the Bears and Packers with our 3rd stringers did not give you a reason to be more optimistic?

It is easy to just keep repeating the same mantra- Houston is out, Ford sucks, Hali is crippled, no pass rush ect ect- but if you watched the games closely, we did generate pressure and should be an elite D. again this year.

At the very least- the Chiefs offense is built to be a time eating, yard destroying monster-that should cut 20% off the snaps the D. will have to face. Those long drives will keep them fresh. MVP will keep them pinned down close to their own endzone to start drives.

Preseason is preseason and I don't place much stock in it. Those will remain concerns for me until I see otherwise.

If a rival team was missing a player of Justin Houston's caliber and had the same type of uncertainty at CB, we'd be hammering those issues, regardless of how scrubs looked vs scrubs in a preseason game against vanilla offense.

chiefzilla1501
09-02-2016, 09:19 AM

Agreed. I do think the offense has the tools to be better. But they're not going to win games like they did last year between the < 20 point games and the late turnovers. Offense will need to step up. Good news is, we are better set up on offense than ever to do that. Really we need to just keep this team at a decent record until Houston gets back, which I think will make a huge difference. But the strength of the AFC West gives us a ton of margin of error which makes us the clear favorites, IMO.

Shekelsteinberg
09-02-2016, 09:42 AM
I have noticed the affirmative action 'experts' always have the most retarded opinions.

Mile High Mania
09-02-2016, 09:42 AM
I don't know why this would surprise anyone, KC should be the pick at this point to win the division.

NJChiefsFan
09-02-2016, 09:53 AM
Ron Jaworski's SB blue print.

Dartgod
09-02-2016, 01:03 PM

Battered spouse syndrome.

OldSchool
09-02-2016, 01:18 PM
It'll end up being something like:

Chiefs: 11-5
Broncos: 10-6
Raiders: 8-8
Chargers:7-9

Mile High Mania
09-02-2016, 01:20 PM
NFL is rigged and KC is apparently the next team that has been chosen to win it all...

First, the NFL creates the path for Brock to sign in Houston. Then, Brady gets bounced from the first 4 games and now the Pats lose Ninkovich.

It's all rigged, I tells ya. Right, BlackTop?

notorious
09-02-2016, 01:34 PM
NFL is rigged and KC is apparently the next team that has been chosen to win it all...

First, the NFL creates the path for Brock to sign in Houston. Then, Brady gets bounced from the first 4 games and now the Pats lose Ninkovich.

The NFL better rig the Chiefs to be the first team in history to three-peat. That might even things out.

SeeingRed
09-02-2016, 01:49 PM
I agree.....BUT Watch out for Oakland

Mr. Laz
09-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Weak pass rush combined with a weak secondary

Chiefs shouldn't be favorite for anything.

All we can do is hope that we play better than we look on paper.

Young guys should get better as year goes along. We could have a rough beginning of the season though.

duncan_idaho
09-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Battered spouse syndrome.

To a certain degree, yes.

Part of it also is that I'm just not as passionate about the Chiefs as I used to be (they're still my NFL team, but I felt no emotion after the playoff win).

FlaChief58
09-02-2016, 05:22 PM
I think we have the most balanced team in the division and should win it, but I don't think it'll be as easy as some of you think it will. The faid are building a good team and the Donkeys just won it all with shitty qb play.

That said, 1. Chiefs 2. Faid 3. Donkeys Distant 4. Chargers

big nasty kcnut
09-02-2016, 05:36 PM
To the dilopalated boat.

saphojunkie
09-02-2016, 05:42 PM
To the dilopalated boat.
Wut

Dunerdr
09-02-2016, 05:57 PM
Heath Evans is quickly becoming my least favorite analyst. He's dumb as fuck on anything not New England.

BlackOp
09-02-2016, 06:14 PM

Then Goddell lessons Bell's suspension by one game...and a quick glance at the schedule reveals why. The Steelers are on Sunday Night Football vs. the Chiefs...doesn't matter that this is his 2nd offense in 2 years...or that he added an extra game to S. Smith (first time offender) for a lamp post. If you look at last season... that extra game also fell on a nationally televised game vs. Green Bay. Funny how that worked out...

Mile High Mania
09-03-2016, 08:08 AM
Then Goddell lessons Bell's suspension by one game...and a quick glance at the schedule reveals why. The Steelers are on Sunday Night Football vs. the Chiefs...doesn't matter that this is his 2nd offense in 2 years...or that he added an extra game to S. Smith (first time offender) for a lamp post. If you look at last season... that extra game also fell on a nationally televised game vs. Green Bay. Funny how that worked out...

I'll bet you have a wall in your basement that is littered with dates and odd NFL related events, with pins and string criss-crossing all over. And, then you step back, notice some common points and then ... BAM! The next tinfoil hat moment is born.

Halfcan
09-03-2016, 09:07 AM

Young guys should get better as year goes along. We could have a rough beginning of the season though.

This is the best team we have had in a decade.

Cheer up- you seem so sad. :)

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-03-2016, 10:27 AM

:rolleyes:

Simply Red
09-03-2016, 10:32 AM
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/september-2-1996-sports-illustrated-coverfootball-nfl-season-preview-picture-id109242133

what we DON'T want - is to be on an SI cover.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-03-2016, 10:38 AM
what we DON'T want - is to be on an SI cover.

HOLE THA IN FIRE