PDA

View Full Version : Football Eagles trade Bradford to the Vikings

staylor26
09-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Follow
Adam Schefter ✔@AdamSchefter
Minnesota Vikings are trading for Eagles' QB Sam Bradford, league sources tell ESPN.
10:31 AM - 3 Sep 2016
4,411 4,411 Retweets 1,826 1,826 likes

displacedinMN
09-03-2016, 08:45 AM
ha-we tied

Buehler445
09-03-2016, 08:45 AM
LMAO enjoy that salary queens.

Halfcan
09-03-2016, 08:47 AM
Christmas in September for the Eagles.

Red Dawg
09-03-2016, 08:47 AM
They don't pay Teddy anything. Does that mean Chase will start? Wentz was never suppose to play.

Quesadilla Joe
09-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Wade Phillips broke the news a half hour before the media had it. LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This was just tweeted and deleted: <a href="https://t.co/Io93iklwgH">pic.twitter.com/Io93iklwgH</a></p>&mdash; Jimmy Kempski (@JimmyKempski) <a href="https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/772075437577146368">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Red Dawg
09-03-2016, 08:53 AM
1 and a fourth. Damn

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Wade Phillips broke the news a half hour before the media had it. LMAO

Nobody fucking cares

the Talking Can
09-03-2016, 08:56 AM
1 and a fourth. Damn

holy shit if that is true, the eagles are genius

jjchieffan
09-03-2016, 08:58 AM
That's surprising. I heard that Daniel didn't look good this preseason. Probably some beaker spewing hate. I can't imagine the Eagles trading away Bradford if that was the case, because I can't see them starting Wentz yet.

Red Dawg
09-03-2016, 08:58 AM
holy shit if that is true, the eagles are genius

NFL network said it is so damn that's steep.

Red Dawg
09-03-2016, 08:59 AM
That's surprising. I heard that Daniel didn't look good this preseason. Probably some beaker spewing hate. I can't imagine the Eagles trading away Bradford if that was the case, because I can't see them starting Wentz yet.

It on the NFL Network. It happened.

Buehler445
09-03-2016, 08:59 AM
1 and a fourth. Damn

That is criminal.

I can't imagine Bradford was materially better than Daniel.

the Talking Can
09-03-2016, 09:01 AM
NFL network said it is so damn that's steep.

getting a 1st(!) for a not very good QB whose replacement you already drafted is a good day...i dream about the chiefs raping someone like that (:eek:)

and the worse bradford plays, the higher the eagles pick!

the incentives are all aligned for philly

Pablo
09-03-2016, 09:01 AM
LOLOLOL

Now some of the Daniel fans will get to stroke to the bone over their wonder boy starting in Philly.

Exciting!

Mav
09-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Damn. Good for Philadelphia. Good for Chase too though. It will be good to see him start. Still a 1 and 4 for a 1 year rental seems steep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Dawg
09-03-2016, 09:05 AM
I'm not convinced Teddy will play again. He almost lost his leg completely and that is not normal. His lower completely seperated. That is some serious stuff.

RunKC
09-03-2016, 09:07 AM
They called us about Foles

Ian Rapoport-#Vikings called the #Chiefs about Nick Foles, had eyes on some #Ravens backups. Found a Sam Bradford deal much more to their liking

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-03-2016, 09:09 AM
Why the fuck do NFL teams like Bradford so much? Has anyone made more and commanded more draft picks for doing less?

the Talking Can
09-03-2016, 09:10 AM

Ian Rapoport-#Vikings called the #Chiefs about Nick Foles, had eyes on some #Ravens backups. Found a Sam Bradford deal much more to their liking

if they'd offer a first i we'd have taken it...right?

the Talking Can
09-03-2016, 09:11 AM
what if they offered us a second for foles?

yes/no?

the Talking Can
what if they offered us a second for foles?

yes/no?

yes

staylor26
Why the **** do NFL teams like Bradford so much? Has anyone made more and commanded more draft picks for doing less?

Yea, it's fucking bizarre.

Mav
09-03-2016, 09:12 AM
if they'd offer a first i we'd have taken it...right?

I'd have to imagine so.

KChiefs1
09-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Eagles raped the Vikings.

Chase Daniel the new starter?

the Talking Can
09-03-2016, 09:17 AM
the 4th is 2018...but still

SAUTO
09-03-2016, 09:21 AM
They eat huge money for the first but if I was in their shots I would do it every time.

The Franchise
Called it.

the Talking Can
To bad Bradford never had a team around him in STL or Philly. Who did he have to throw to on either team? Vikings have 10 times the offensive talent either of those teams had or currently have. He will be just fine. He doesn't need to be a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. He just needs to manage the game and protect the ball. Philly wasn't play off bound anyways so at least he has a chance to win now.

random viking fan comment....any of that sound familiar to chiefs fans??ROFL

1. he never had enough talent around him
2. he doesn't need to be great anyways
3. just manage the game
4. win now

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Eagles move up and grab their guy in Wentz, don't have to pay Bradford, and get a shit ton of their draft compensation back.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. You need a team dumb enough to pay out the ass and a QB with a fucked up enough injury like Bridgewater.

The Franchise
09-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Bradford has now fucked over another team. This just proves that NFL GMs are generally fucking stupid.

CupidStunt
09-03-2016, 09:31 AM
The weird thing about the deal is - ignoring how fucking AWFUL it is - are the Vikings giving up on Bridgewater? If not, are they willingly giving up this bounty for ONE year of average production? (Assuming candybone Bradford makes it 16 games)

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 09:32 AM
More proof that the QB position is next to impossible to fill.

In what universe is Bradford worth a 4th rounder, let alone, a 1st and a 4th?

I guess it's the same universe in which Matt Cassel is still on an NFL roster and has earned in excess of $70 million dollars.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 09:33 AM
The weird thing about the deal is - ignoring how fucking AWFUL it is - are the Vikings giving up on Bridgewater? If not, are they willingly giving up this bounty for ONE year of average production? (Assuming candybone Bradford makes it 16 games)

Giving up? The dude won't likely see a football field, ever again.

He has years of rehab ahead of him just so that he can walk.

Mr. Laz
:eek:

philly made out like bandits

DaneMcCloud
Bradford has now fucked over another team. This just proves that NFL GMs are generally fucking stupid.

Or desperate

The Franchise
09-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Giving up? The dude won't likely see a football field, ever again.

He has years of rehab ahead of him just so that he can walk.

Yeah....if Bridgewater ever gets back to 100%....it's likely to take him 2 years to do it.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 09:44 AM
Eagles move up and grab their guy in Wentz, don't have to pay Bradford, and get a shit ton of their draft compensation back.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. You need a team dumb enough to pay out the ass and a QB with a fucked up enough injury like Bridgewater.
Lucky and aggressive

If you never try to MAKE things happen then you can never get lucky about what happens. The most you can hope is that something falls in your lap.

Dorsey has a great eye for talent but he's not a mover and shaker. I feel we will always be a team sitting there hoping that a great talent falls in our laps.

Hell, we didn't even trade up a mere 5 spot in the draft this year to make sure we got the CB that we desperately needed.

jjchieffan
09-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Yeah. We didn't move up and got stuck with Jones. Damn Dorsey!

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 09:59 AM
Yeah. We didn't move up and got stuck with Jones. Damn Dorsey!

not the point, but a good whiny reply

:thumb:

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 09:59 AM
Lucky and aggressive

If you never try to MAKE things happen then you can never get lucky about what happens. The most you can hope is that something falls in your lap.

Dorsey has a great eye for talent but he's not a mover and shaker. I feel we will always be a team sitting there hoping that a great talent falls in our laps.

Hell, we didn't even trade up a mere 5 spot in the draft this year to make sure we got the CB that we desperately needed.

The trade up isn't the reason why I'm shaking my head at the Eagles' dumb luck. The lucky thing is paying Chase Daniel twice as much as his contract from Kansas City, doling out all that cash to Bradford, AND trading out the ass to grab Wentz.

It's way too much money for meddling game-manager-at-best short term QBs. I understand finding a guy to temporarily hold down the fort while your prized QB is on the bench, but there are easier and better ways to do that.

I'd much rather take a mulligan on a season like the Broncos are doing at QB than give nearly $30 million in one season to fucking Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel.

It's only by the grace of God and a horrific injury to Teddy Bridgewater that the Eagles are coming out of this smelling like fucking roses and cinnamon buns.

Big Tedd
09-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Or desperate

Seems like a big time panic move from the Vikes.

RunKC
09-03-2016, 10:04 AM
Lucky and aggressive

And it's worked out extremely well Laz. Peters was the best draft pick this team has made in several years and Jones already looks really fucking good.

Mr. Laz
The trade up isn't the reason why I'm shaking my head at the Eagles' dumb luck. The lucky thing is paying Chase Daniel twice as much as his contract from Kansas City, doling out all that cash to Bradford, AND trading out the ass to grab Wentz.

It's way too much money for meddling game-manager-at-best short term QBs. I understand finding a guy to temporarily hold down the fort while your prized QB is on the bench, but there are easier and better ways to do that.

I'd much rather take a mulligan on a season like the Broncos are doing at QB than give nearly $30 million in one season to fucking Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel.

It's only by the grace of God and a horrific injury to Teddy Bridgewater that the Eagles are coming out of this smelling like fucking roses and cinnamon buns.I understand that, philly did a bunch of stupid stuff.

The point is that they were aggressive about doing stuff in the first place.

Without trying all that stupid stuff they wouldn't have gotten lucky.

The Chiefs never would have done any of it and never been able to get lucky.

I imagine next year they will try to trade chase daniel too.

DaneMcCloud

Beyond that, this trade seriously inhibits the Vikings opportunity to draft and develop another Franchise QB.

It's tough to find potential franchise QB's, let alone, without a first round pick.

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 10:05 AM
Eatdatpussy445 is a fucking retard. When you've sucked like the Eagles, you gladly sacrifice the short term for the long term benefit of the franchise.

This fat fuck needs to learn to lose with a smile on his face. It's a trait I and many other Chiefs fans possess, and I'm eternally grateful for it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CRbRQFkVNGU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

staylor26
09-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Dorsey needs to have a sit down with Laz, because he's clearly been doing it all wrong.

notorious
09-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Minnesota is fucking retarded.

Marcellus
09-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Remember when Chip Kelley said Bradford was worth a 1st round pick and everyone made fun of him.

FloridaMan88
09-03-2016, 10:10 AM
The tragic thing for Minnesota is that their back-up QB, Shaun Hill could have taken them just as far this season as Sam Bradford will likely take them.

And they could have had that same future without having to give up a first and fourth round draft pick.

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 10:12 AM
The Vikings DO know that Sam Bradford is made of goddamn tissue paper, right?

I'm going to feel so bad for those fans when Bradford goes down. Not IF. WHEN he goes down.

philfree
09-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Chiefs Buzztap ‏@chiefsbuzztap 59m59 minutes ago
arrowheadpride​.com >> Vikings reportedly called the Chiefs about Nick Foles

I would have taken a 1st and a 4th for Foles before the next heartbeat.

notorious
09-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Vikings Board: We were on the cusp of becoming a dynasty before Bridgewater got injured.

Pre Teddy injury we may have had a dynasty on the way attend upgrading the RT long term and developing SS and RG and C while possibly getting short term solutions for 1-2 years. The team wasn't really going to be weak anywhere...

:facepalm:

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Thankful Dorsey is nowhere on this level of idiocy

Bwana
09-03-2016, 10:23 AM
A 1st and a 4th for that hack, wow.

Marcellus
I thought the 2 2nd rounders for Smith was a bit steep. Apparently not so much.

TLO
Inb4 Bradford gets injured

notorious
This is the stupidest trade since the Eagles traded for him.

notorious
Inb4 Bradford gets injured

Too late.

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Chiefs Buzztap ‏@chiefsbuzztap 59m59 minutes ago
arrowheadpride​.com >> Vikings reportedly called the Chiefs about Nick Foles

I would have taken a 1st and a 4th for Foles before the next heartbeat.

Shit, I would have taken just a 2nd rounder for Foles.

mcaj22
I can't wait to tell my kids in 20 years about how football players named Cassel and Bradford were the biggest thieves in the sport and werent even good

Pasta Little Brioni
Holy balls. This is a trade from Clays Madden chise and not real life right right??

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2016, 10:25 AM

ROFL

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Bridgewater is overrated anyways. Although AP is getting old, they have a young team that will develop very well. Minnesota being desperate now takes away their chance to chase Romo in the offseason (going out on a limb that Dak is going to win the job)

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-03-2016, 10:26 AM
I can't wait to tell my kids in 20 years about how football players named Cassel and Bradford were the biggest thieves in the sport and werent even good

Don't forget Bowe

RunKC
09-03-2016, 10:26 AM
They should have gone after McCarron

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Of course it was always going to be the Vikings making this deal. Hershel Walker. Jared Allen (even though one could argue he actually met the unrealistic expectations the Vikings laid down for him when they made the trade) and now Bradford.

It's in their DNA, just like it's in the Chiefs' DNA to trade for "safe" backups and turn them into starters.

mcaj22
09-03-2016, 10:29 AM

I wonder if they even tried. I think I would have wanted him the most out of whatever Ryan Mallet, Nick Foles, Sam Bradford options they had.

FloridaMan88
Shit, I would have taken just a 2nd rounder for Foles.

It would have been the Chiefs luck that Alex Smith would sustain his first serious injury as a Chief and the Chiefs would have no proven back-up QB option.

Hoopsdoc
I'm not convinced Teddy will play again. He almost lost his leg completely and that is not normal. His lower completely seperated. That is some serious stuff.

Dayum! I didn't realize the injury was that bad.

The Vikes must think they have a shot at glory this year. That's a bundle to give up for a marginal qb.

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Don't forget Bowe

Mods, please ban this troll. He disrupts threads and nobody wants him here! Maybe he had a use when he was once a Niner fan, but now he doesn't do that shit anymore. He's worthless, and does nothing but bring the entire friendly community down to his level.

FloridaMan88
Shaun Hill > Sam Bradford

notorious
If this is how we sound, we need to Heaven's Gate ourselves.

http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29389

jallmon
Why the **** do NFL teams like Bradford so much? Has anyone made more and commanded more draft picks for doing less?

How many draft picks have people paid for this clown? I learned in the OU/Tx game his last year at OU. Cost me $20 when he went down in the biggest game of his career.

I do feel bad for the Vikings fans. Can you imagine going into your expected SB run season, and ending up with Bradford as your QB? And giving up a 1st and a 4th plus a large salary for the honor of paying this guy's hospital bills? Jesus.

Worst of all? The Vikings STILL need a QB, because Shaun Hill won't get them where they want to go after Bradford goes down.

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 10:31 AM
It would have been the Chiefs luck that Alex Smith would sustain his first serious injury as a Chief and the Chiefs would have no proven back-up QB option.

You mean like when we had a non-proven backup option for 3 fucking years on this team named Chase Daniel?

What the fuck did that asshole ever do before coming to Kansas City? That's right. Nothing.

FloridaMan88
09-03-2016, 10:32 AM
You mean like when we had a non-proven backup option for 3 ****ing years on this team named Chase Daniel?

What the **** did that asshole ever do before coming to Kansas City? That's right. Nothing.

Chase Daniel played well in the preseason as a Saint and started and played well in two regular season games as a Chief.

Tyler Bray has taken about 30 NFL snaps in the PRESEASON (no regular season appearances), and Kevin Hogan is green as well.

the Talking Can
09-03-2016, 10:32 AM

/thread

displacedinMN
09-03-2016, 10:34 AM
Dayum! I didn't realize the injury was that bad.

The Vikes must think they have a shot at glory this year. That's a bundle to give up for a marginal qb.

Story around here was that if trainers had not have acted quickly, he may have lost the leg. I know that is in the other thread somewhere.

Red Dawg
09-03-2016, 10:34 AM

I agree. Could have gotten him for less.

notorious
09-03-2016, 10:35 AM
Story around here was that if trainers had not have acted quickly, he may have lost the leg. I know that is in the other thread somewhere.

They said it on Fox and ESPN, too.

They saved his leg.

jallmon
09-03-2016, 10:36 AM
If this is how we sound, we need to Heaven's Gate ourselves.

http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29389

Just for fun: Ask these guys if they ever heard of Hershel Walker...

RINGLEADER
09-03-2016, 10:37 AM
The price tag is insane but Bradford is actually a great fit -- they need a game manager in the worst way, someone who can match Bridgewater's very average performance. The big risk for the Vikings is that Bradford snaps another one of his twigs a few games into the season and they're back in the same spot they're in now.

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Chase Daniel played well in the preseason as a Saint and started and played well in two regular season games as a Chief.

Tyler Bray has taken about 30 NFL snaps in the PRESEASON (no regular season appearances), and Kevin Hogan is green as well.

Daniel had thrown like two passes in the regular season before the Chiefs acquired him. I don't call that experience or at least enough to call him a "proven" backup.

Why does one's backup QB always need to be proven, anyway? Yeah, you prefer the veteran, but just look at the Packers. They seem just fine with letting 7th round picks and undrafted guys named Matt Flynn and Graham Harrell who have never played a regular season down in the NFL be their primary backup QBs.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 10:42 AM
The price tag is insane but Bradford is actually a great fit -- they need a game manager in the worst way, someone who can match Bridgewater's very average performance. The big risk for the Vikings is that Bradford snaps another one of his twigs a few games into the season and they're back in the same spot they're in now.

How is Bradford going to manage anything from the Trainer's room.

The problem has always been injuries with him.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 10:43 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per source, the 2018 fourth-round pick that the Eagles get can become a 3 or even a 2. Triggers based on Vikings team success with Bradford.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/772092529403506688">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

SAUTO
09-03-2016, 10:44 AM

Lacerated spleen? Iirc

the Talking Can
09-03-2016, 10:47 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per source, the 2018 fourth-round pick that the Eagles get can become a 3 or even a 2. Triggers based on Vikings team success with Bradford.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/772092529403506688">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/Mother-of_God.gif

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 10:49 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash">#Eagles</a> paid $11M to Sam Bradford in exchange for a 1st and a 4th. Vikings get Sam Bradford for $7M this year.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/772085892949368832">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

CapsLockKey
09-03-2016, 10:51 AM
Everyone in Philly made out. Bradford gets out like he wanted a couple months ago, Daniels gets a starting job, and the Eagles get a haul of picks.

The Franchise
09-03-2016, 10:52 AM

Holy fuck. They'd better win a Super Bowl for that cost.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Holy fuck. They'd better win a Super Bowl for that cost.

Apparently, they have Miami's 3rd and 4th rounders next year so they could afford to pull of the deal.

RINGLEADER
09-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Everything you need to know about Bradford:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/philadelphia-eagles-sam-bradford-contract-career-earnings-numbers-030216

He has made almost $96 million (including the upcoming year) in his career and, to date, averages $1,000,000 per touchdown thrown and $5,277 per yard thrown.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 10:56 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Vikings already had Dolphins’ 3rd &amp; 4th Rd picks in 2017, so they had ammo.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/772081440095891459">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

Chief Roundup
09-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Kind of amazed that there is no video of this injury anywhere on the internet.

notorious
09-03-2016, 11:08 AM
Just because you have ammo doesn't mean you fire it blindly in the air and hope it hits it's target.

Coogs
09-03-2016, 11:09 AM

Interesting. Found a 1st and a 4th (which could escalate to a 3rd or 2nd), deal much more to their liking.

What the heck were we asking!?!?

OnTheWarpath15
09-03-2016, 11:09 AM
And Chase is still the backup. Just read the plan is to start Wentz Week 1 if healthy.

OnTheWarpath15
09-03-2016, 11:10 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Told same as <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl">@caplannfl</a>: It&#39;s the Carson Wentz show in Philly when he&#39;s healthy. Source says Chase Daniel not happy.</p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/772116634236444672">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

The Franchise
09-03-2016, 11:10 AM
Interesting. Found a 1st and a 4th (which could escalate to a 3rd or 2nd), deal much more to their liking.

I highly doubt they were offering that for Foles.

Spott
09-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Everyone in Philly made out. Bradford gets out like he wanted a couple months ago, Daniels gets a starting job, and the Eagles get a haul of picks.

*Daniel

FloridaMan88
09-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Lacerated spleen? Iirc

That was at the end of the season and Alex Smith only ended up missing the season finale.

The Franchise
09-03-2016, 11:12 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Told same as <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl">@caplannfl</a>: It&#39;s the Carson Wentz show in Philly when he&#39;s healthy. Source says Chase Daniel not happy.</p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/772116634236444672">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

ROFL poor Chase.

FloridaMan88
09-03-2016, 11:13 AM

What the hell does Chase Daniel expect... Philly traded up to draft Wentz second overall, he's obviously their guy (right or wrong).

the Talking Can
09-03-2016, 11:15 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/2xDY8blbVyc3S/giphy.gif

RealSNR

Anthony Barr straight-up

notorious
It would be terrible making Chase Daniel money while holding a clipboard and never having your weaknesses exposed.

Hell, he will be a multi-millionaire, and he will be able to get out of bed and remember what room he is in when he gets older.

SAUTO
09-03-2016, 11:16 AM
That was at the end of the season and Alex Smith only ended up missing the season finale.

I know that. It's still a major injury sustained while a chief

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 11:18 AM
Should have traded Foles

Hoopsdoc

Holy crap. I feel terrible for that kid. I always thought his ceiling was good starter but now he's gonna have to fight like heck just to play again.

RealSNR
It would be terrible making Chase Daniel money while holding a clipboard and never having your weaknesses exposed.

Hell, he will be a multi-millionaire, and he will be able to get out of bed and remember what room he is in when he gets older.

His head coach was the ultimate example of this when he was a QB. Doug Pederson got to spend years as Brett Favre's backup. Probably went out drinking on Saturday nights and showed up at the game hung over because he didn't need to play ever.

notorious
09-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Doug Pederson was the ultimate example of this when he was a QB. Got to spend years as Brett Favre's backup. Probably went out drinking on Saturday nights and showed up at the game hung over because he didn't need to play ever.

Parlayed it into an eventual head coaching job.

Pederson wins.

Coogs
09-03-2016, 11:21 AM
I highly doubt they were offering that for Foles.

Yet they found a 1st and a 4th/3rd/or 2nd for Bradford to be the better option.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 11:22 AM
Yet they found a 1st and a 4th/3rd/or 2nd for Bradford to be the better option.
If they were offering anywhere near a single 1st for Foles we should have jumped all over that deal.

Surely Foles would have wanted a trade where he would get to start.

jjchieffan
09-03-2016, 11:23 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash">#Eagles</a> paid $11M to Sam Bradford in exchange for a 1st and a 4th. Vikings get Sam Bradford for $7M this year.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/772085892949368832">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

Wow! 11 Million and he never took a regular season snap for it. That's just crazy. 11 Million in dead money is hell on the cap. Did they have cap money to burn or something?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2016, 11:29 AM
The LlamaCassel wins again!

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 11:30 AM
Bradford was 7-7 in 14 games last year for the Eagles, with 3,725 yards with 19 TD's and 14 INT's.

Pat Shurmur, who was is OC in Philly, is the QB coach in Minnesota.

If they get that kind of production from him, they're a playoff team.

notorious
09-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Philly is still going to be a dumpster fire with or without the picks.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 11:34 AM

The entire NFC East is a dumpster fire

FloridaMan88
09-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Bradford was 7-7 in 14 games last year for the Eagles, with 3,725 yards with 19 TD's and 14 INT's.

Pat Shurmur, who was is OC in Philly, is the QB coach in Minnesota.

If they get that kind of production from him, they're a playoff team.

Shaun Hill probably could have given them similar production in what will likely be an Adrian Peterson-heavy offense.

And Shaun Hill's production would have come without having to give up a first and fourth round draft pick.

MMXcalibur
09-03-2016, 11:38 AM
How much can reasonably be expected for Bradford to get spun up on the Vikings' playbook before Week 1?

Furthermore, what are the odds now of a Titans upset of the Vikings or a Browns upset of the Eagles in Week 1? Inquiring, degenerate gambers wish to know.

notorious
09-03-2016, 11:40 AM

Very true.

jspchief
09-03-2016, 11:48 AM
The Vikings have the D and running game to compete. If Bradford can play a notch above "just ok" they can win the division and be a threat in the playoffs.

If.

nychief
09-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Sounds like Chase is bound for the bench again.....

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/340435/report-wentz-to-start-week-1-if-hes-healthy?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-03-2016, 12:06 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/340435/report-wentz-to-start-week-1-if-hes-healthy?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines

Stupid. Wentz is not ready. Just give him a redshirt year and you'll likely have a high first plus Minnesota's first to give him weapons when he has an entire NFL season to absorb the offense.

notorious
09-03-2016, 12:06 PM
The Chiefs did very well booting Chase and getting Foles.

Christ, next to RT that might be the best move during the offseason.

staylor26
09-03-2016, 12:10 PM
The Chiefs did very well booting Chase and getting Foles.

Christ, next to RT that might be the best move during the offseason.

Chris Jones.

notorious
09-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Chris Jones.

"might"

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 12:15 PM
1 and a fourth. Damn

ROFL

For Sam Bradford?

Hoopsdoc
09-03-2016, 12:17 PM

Haven't you heard, Dak Prescott is Brady, Manning, Montana, Fouts, and Elway all rolled into one. :rolleyes:

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Stupid. Wentz is not ready. Just give him a redshirt year and you'll likely have a high first plus Minnesota's first to give him weapons when he has an entire NFL season to absorb the offense.

Philly doesn't have a 2017 1st. The only one they have is the pick they just got from Minnesota.

Discuss Thrower
09-03-2016, 12:27 PM

Pederson is gonna be a Malarkey esque head coach. Mediocre and best but somehow still getting shots at the top job.

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 12:30 PM

ROFL

And people thought he should start over Smith at one point. Fans.

Chief Pagan
09-03-2016, 12:31 PM
I thought the 2 2nd rounders for Smith was a bit steep. Apparently not so much.

Yea I was unhappy about giving up 2 2nd rounders. Although it wasn't the draft picks as much as it was the belief that instead of rolling the dice on a high-risk, high-upside QB, they went with somebody good enough to compete for a playoff spot and not much more.

But a 1 and 4 (and the 4 can move up to a 3 or 2?). Just wow. I guess for once we took advantage and left the 49ers with crap at QB.

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 12:33 PM
The Vikings have the D and running game to compete. If Bradford can play a notch above "just ok" they can win the division and be a threat in the playoffs.

If.

Yes. Unfortunately though, Bradford is aids behind center and if that Vikings OL is anywhere near as bad as they were last year, he's going to suck a ton and likely be injured halfway through the season.

I like to give Bridgewater crap but his OL was horrible, pretty much as bad as ours was in Pass Pro.

nychief
09-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Chase is pissed...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5170/chase-daniel

notorious
09-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Chase, take your 7 million for this year (yes, 7 MILLION) and shut the fuck up.

Pablo
09-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Chase, take your 7 million for this year (yes, 7 MILLION) and shut the fuck up.Lol, this turd has made some nice bank to do nothing in the league.

So sad that he might not get his shot!

Baby Lee
09-03-2016, 01:42 PM
ROFL ROFL - Vikes SupaFan and writer of WYTS series for Deadspin, Drew Magery.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrcBPYgUMAIOimu.jpg:small

ChiefsCountry
09-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Should have traded Alex Smith to the Vikes for that package.

notorious
09-03-2016, 01:49 PM

LMAO

You know that they should take that call. It would be a tough decision.

displacedinMN
09-03-2016, 02:05 PM
and the Vikes could have had Sanchez for free!!

just released

SAUTO
09-03-2016, 05:13 PM

He's worth 2 firsts at least in this instance

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 05:22 PM
He's worth 2 firsts at least in this instance

Yup, would instantly make the Vikings the favorites to win it in the NFC North given the balance on that team.

Chief Roundup
09-03-2016, 06:07 PM

Yeah so we can get a Matt Barkley or a Mark Sanchez. :rolleyes:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Philly doesn't have a 2017 1st. The only one they have is the pick they just got from Minnesota.

Thank you for reminding me of this. As bad as that trade up for Wentz was, this should lessen the sting somewhat.

Rain Man
09-03-2016, 06:22 PM
There's clearly something compelling about Sam Bradford that I don't see.

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 06:22 PM
There's clearly something compelling about Sam Bradford that I don't see.

"Potential"

I also hear that he had one hell of a Pro Day.

thabear04
09-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Has this been said already.

Vikings called the #Chiefs about Nick Foles, had eyes on some #Ravens backups. Found a Sam Bradford deal much more to their liking.

BryanBusby
09-03-2016, 09:54 PM
Bradford is Houdini at getting paid for doing jack shit

Baby Lee
09-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Bradford is Houdini at getting paid for doing jack shit

He's the Cherokassel.

BryanBusby
09-03-2016, 10:49 PM
He's the Cherokassel.
Yes. It was amazing that Spielman was just quoted recently saying that he wasn't going to do anything stupid out of desperation.

He sure followed through.

Nickhead
09-04-2016, 01:15 AM
why anyone keeps hanging their hats on bradford, i have no clue. sam bradford should be nominated for conman of this decade.

KChiefs1
09-04-2016, 02:22 AM
And Chase is still the backup. Just read the plan is to start Wentz Week 1 if healthy.

0-16

BlackOp
09-04-2016, 02:25 AM
why anyone keeps hanging their hats on bradford, i have no clue. sam bradford should be nominated for conman of this decade.

He's up there with Cassel. ..

This was a PR maneuver by the front office...(and a stupid one). They have a shiny new stadium that they want filled. Nothing more...nothing less...

Selling hope is expensive...

ping2000
09-04-2016, 06:31 AM
So no butt-chin bobblehead?

Mile High Mania
09-04-2016, 06:46 AM
So, in 2010, Bradford was the #1 pick in STL... signed a six year $78M contract with $50M guaranteed, most ever for an NFL rookie.

Rams improve to 7-9 that year, he wins ROY (7-9 record).

Bradford goes 7-9, 1-9, 7-8-1 and 3-4 in STL (18-30-1 record) and in 2014, he injures his ACL again and misses the entire 2014 season. And then is traded to PHI.

On March 10, 2015, Bradford was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles along with a 2015 fifth round pick, in exchange for Nick Foles, a 2015 fourth-round pick, and a 2016 second-round pick.

Bradford goes 7-7 in his starts last season, and in March 2016, he signs a 2 year $36M ($26M guaranteed) deal with PHI.

And, now the Vikings trade a #1 and a conditional #4 to PHI for the lifetime 25-37-1 QB that has signed two NFL contracts that have paid him over $100M ($76M in guarantees). Bradford is getting paid $4M per win at this point.

Question is why... I don't get it.

Warrior5
09-04-2016, 06:49 AM

Exactly! Bradford must be related to the Kardashians some way...

ChiliConCarnage
09-04-2016, 08:11 AM
Remember when Chip Kelley said Bradford was worth a 1st round pick and everyone made fun of him.

I do and I think it's what makes this trade most amazing. Apparently, Kelly wasnt full of shit. Amazing that multiple teams would still be willing to give up a first for bradford. As a random fan and not a league GM it's baffling.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Some desperate teams in desperate situations this year it seems.

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Some desperate teams in desperate situations this year it seems.

If the Vikings make this move and it doesn't work, it could cost Spielman his job.

If the Viking don't make this move and finish 4-12, it could cost Spielman his job.

He really had no choice.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2016, 11:38 AM
If the Vikings make this move and it doesn't work, it could cost Spielman his job.

If the Viking don't make this move and finish 4-12, it could cost Spielman his job.

He really had no choice.

I'll say this much for Reid and especially Dorsey; they don't make big hits or splashes as a general rule and I absolutely LOATHE KC's approach to the QB position, but a person would have to be completely idiotic to not acknowledge how good Dorsey has been at building legitimate depth at positions where depth is your greatest asset.

It's entirely possible that KC could, under ideal conditions all across the board, win a Championship with Alex Smith. But if they could just hit ONE TIME on a QB a few notches above "solid", they would dominate the AFCW for a very long time.

BryanBusby
09-04-2016, 11:41 AM

He really had no choice.
I'd actually be surprised if Spielman lost his job because his starting QB went down with a freak injury and they had a bad year. He's actually turned into a fairly decent drafter.

I'd say Sam Bradford for a 1st and conditional 4th could (this isn't going to work out like they hope). I do wonder how much this trade was influenced by meddling owners that desperately want a brand new stadium to be full, all season.

Buehler445
09-04-2016, 12:53 PM

He really had no choice.

If AP stays healthy and the wheels don't fall off the D, 4-12 is unlikely with Shaun Hill. They won't beat good teams but they should beat the bad ones, and with 4 games against Detroit and Chicago, they should have been able to eek out a mediocre year.

staylor26
09-04-2016, 01:06 PM
I'll say this much for Reid and especially Dorsey; they don't make big hits or splashes as a general rule and I absolutely LOATHE KC's approach to the QB position, but a person would have to be completely idiotic to not acknowledge how good Dorsey has been at building legitimate depth at positions where depth is your greatest asset.

It's entirely possible that KC could, under ideal conditions all across the board, win a Championship with Alex Smith. But if they could just hit ONE TIME on a QB a few notches above "solid", they would dominate the AFCW for a very long time.

This is the most reasonable and well thought out take I've seen from you. Congrats.

Chief Pagan
09-04-2016, 01:12 PM

If.

You writing off GB?

Hammock Parties
09-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Bradford's career is turning into some noodle armed version of Steve DeBerg.

He'll be a Chief next.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2016, 01:27 PM

He'll be a Chief next.

I know you're fucking about, but there is no way in all of heaven or hell KC would dare be that stupid. Right?

Right?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2016, 01:34 PM
This is the most reasonable and well thought out take I've seen from you. Congrats.

Imagine if you will KC with Rodgers, an aged Rapeliss, or even Luck, as much as he has struggled behind that Indy line, warts and all.

It would be the most amazing thing you have ever witnessed in all of sports.

Search your feelings, you KNOW it to be true. :)

ChiefsCountry
09-04-2016, 01:35 PM

He'll be a Chief next.

Bradford going to San Francisco next?

Hammock Parties
09-04-2016, 01:41 PM
I know you're fucking about, but there is no way in all of heaven or hell KC would dare be that stupid. Right?

Right?

2 more years of Alex...we will soon need another veteran QB when the rookies are all too risky ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Bradford going to San Francisco next?

ROFL

staylor26
09-04-2016, 01:44 PM
Imagine if you will KC with Rodgers, an aged Rapeliss, or even Luck, as much as he has struggled behind that Indy line, warts and all.

It would be the most amazing thing you have ever witnessed in all of sports.

Search your feelings, you KNOW it to be true. :)

I don't have to search my feelings to know that's true. Lol.

Dorsey gets an elite QB, and he'll give KC a dynasty.

Discuss Thrower
09-04-2016, 01:45 PM
You mean Brett Hundley..?

thabear04
09-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Report: Shaun Hill To Start Against Tennessee.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailynorseman.com/platform/amp/2016/9/5/12798282/report-shaun-hill-to-start-against-tennessee

MahiMike
09-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Lost in all this talk is chase Daniel. I think he will surprise some folks. He knows pedersons offense already. It will be interesting if the Eagles are in the playoff hunt before they can go to the rookie.

Deberg_1990
09-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Lost in all this talk is chase Daniel. I think he will surprise some folks. He knows pedersons offense already. It will be interesting if the Eagles are in the playoff hunt before they can go to the rookie.

Funny stuff!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CRbRQFkVNGU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thabear04
09-05-2016, 10:08 AM

They just name the stater and its Wentz.

MahiMike
09-05-2016, 10:14 AM
They just name the stater and its Wentz.

Wentz has cracked ribs. That division always sucks. Any team can win that division.

mcaj22
09-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Chase must be absolutely terrible if he can't beat out a rookie with cracked ribs to start week 1.