PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs trade Rod Streater to the 49ers

Dante84
09-03-2016, 03:01 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/49ers?src=hash">#49ers</a> traded for WR Rob Streater from the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a>.</p>&mdash; Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/772177191203397638">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

notorious
09-03-2016, 03:01 PM
DAT staying?

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 03:02 PM
So does that mean Rod Streater is safe from cuts, according to this guy on twitter?

jjchieffan
09-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Wow! Thought he would make an impact this year. Guess that means Wilson, Hill and DAT all safe now.

Dante84
09-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Conley's growth must have played into this

Baby Lee
09-03-2016, 03:04 PM
So does that mean Rod Streater is safe from cuts, according to this guy on twitter?

Is it too wonky to say whenever I see the name Rod Streater, I think it's a Car Show Custom class?

Hammock Parties
09-03-2016, 03:04 PM
God dammit. Butterfingers Slapabitch is gonna make the roster.

Baby Lee
09-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Wow! Thought he would make an impact this year. Guess that means Wilson, Hill and DAT all safe now.

Hope it means we got decent trade value.

It's kind of cool this new sensation of entering a season with more legit talent than the rules allow us to keep.

RunKC
What the fuck?!

OldSchool

:deevee:

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 03:06 PM

Streater was basically a slightly faster version of Jason Avant.

Buckweath
09-03-2016, 03:06 PM
I really trust Dorsey, less so Andy Reid, but I really liked Streater going forward this season.

I thought for sure he would be better than Wilson.

Baby Lee
09-03-2016, 03:07 PM

You know you're going to pounding your swimsuit area with abandon to his bicep/triceps definition by mid-season.

Hoover
09-03-2016, 03:07 PM
This was my dude!

Oh well.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 03:08 PM
This isn't surprising, considering his lack of playing time and when he was on the field, it was with the 2's and 3's.

Demonpenz
09-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Good move. I wasn't wild about him because he seemed like a jag. Get the ball to Charles, Ware, Maclin kelce. Conley maybe. No one else.

-King-
09-03-2016, 03:09 PM
ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Dante84
09-03-2016, 03:11 PM
I get it.

I really don't like Wilson as a #3 though. Especially if we have DAT and Hill slated for the slot role.

Maclin and Conley need to stay healthy.

jjchieffan

Gee Clay. I'm so sorry. I know that you was ready to claim a win on our bet by him getting cut. Now you're gonna be the only person upset when he catches that first deep pass.

the Talking Can
so we just flipped street trash for a tangible asset

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 03:12 PM
ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

You're fucking completely worthless

notorious
09-03-2016, 03:13 PM

It's beautiful.

ModSocks
Signed him and then traded him. Feels like Madden.

-King-
You're fucking completely worthless
Thanks. So was Rod Streater to the Chiefs. At least we got a draft pick out of it
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
I get it.

I don't "get it" but I've all preseason long that something weird was going on with Streater because he never saw any time with the 1's.

Well, at least they got a pick they can bundle in a future trade.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 03:14 PM
I have no idea what the fuck they are doing.

Streater was one of the few guys we had that could actually catch the ball.

make way for the gadget players ... Andy Reid starts jacking off at the thought

lineup with Dat and Hill in the backfield together and drive defenses CRAZY!!!

hurry up and sign Dex and we can put 3 smurfs out there.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Thanks. So was Rod Streater to the Chiefs. At least we got a draft pick out of it
Posted via Mobile Device

Um, do you understand that the trade makes his presence on the roster worth something?

LoneWolf
09-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Maclin, Conley, Wilson, Hill, DAT, Robinson--this has to be the fastest group of WRs the Chiefs have ever had.

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Maclin, Conley, Wilson, Hill, DAT, Robinson--this has to be the fastest group of WRs the Chiefs have ever had.

I don't think that Robinson belongs in that group if you're talking about speed. Dude looked sluggish as hell in the Pre-season.

RunKC
If Maclin gets hurt our passing game is fucked. This was strictly a cap move with his incentives from what I see.

Albert Wilson being our #3 is embarrassing.

-King-
Um, do you understand that the trade makes his presence on the roster worth something?
Yes as a future draft pick. Hence the second sentence in that post. He as a player wasn't worth anything to the team.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
09-03-2016, 03:19 PM
They couldn't find a partner to take Knile Davis?

Titty Meat
So dude gets overpaid then takes a payout then gets traded. Weird.

Demonpenz

This post has alot of truth to it. Andy Reid is a good coach, but a moron.

-King-
If Maclin gets hurt our passing game is fucked. This was strictly a cap move with his incentives from what I see.

Albert Wilson being our #3 is embarrassing.

Yeah fuck the guy that had 500 yards last year. I'd rather have the one that had 9 and was inactive the vast majority of the season!
Posted via Mobile Device

JoeyChuckles
09-03-2016, 03:20 PM
Does this save us any money towards the cap?

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 03:21 PM

He wasn't overpaid, do did he receive any type of "payout".

It was a vet minimum deal.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 03:21 PM

Albert Wilson being our #3 AGAIN is embarrassing.
FYP

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 03:22 PM

Short doesn't necessarily mean gadget player.

DAT is on this roster because he showed this preseason that he can be a productive part of the offense when the play isn't designed to go straight to him.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Yes as a future draft pick. Hence the second sentence in that post. He as a player wasn't worth anything to the team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wrong again.

If the Chiefs hadn't signed him, they wouldn't be receiving a future draft choice.

O.city
09-03-2016, 03:26 PM
They traded him and a pick, for another puck. So they essentially just moved up in a round

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Short doesn't necessarily mean gadget player.

DAT is on this roster because he showed this preseason that he can be a productive part of the offense when the play isn't designed to go straight to him.
DaT and Hill are both gadgety guys.

Put them in the backfield
Put them at WR
return kicks
return punts
bubble screens
Wr sweeps
Not really good enough to be true starter at RB or WR

I don't know what else you would call them. :shrug:

jjchieffan
09-03-2016, 03:29 PM
I wonder what they got for him? Hopefully more than we got for Cooper. He had more value than that as 3rd or 4th WR.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 03:30 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mildly surprised that Rod Streater was traded, and that no QB injury was manufactured. Expect DAT or Knile Davis to be traded this week.</p>&mdash; Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/772181902098825216">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

The Franchise
09-03-2016, 03:31 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mildly surprised that Rod Streater was traded, and that no QB injury was manufactured. Expect DAT or Knile Davis to be traded this week.</p>&mdash; Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/772181902098825216">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

Hopefully Davis.

LoneWolf
09-03-2016, 03:33 PM

He didn't take a payout. Are you ever right about anything?

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 03:36 PM
DaT and Hill are both gadgety guys.

Put them in the backfield
Put them at WR
return kicks
return punts
bubble screens
Wr sweeps
Not really good enough to be true starter at RB or WR

I don't know what else you would call them. :shrug:

The frustration I had with McCluster and DAT as a rookie is that "gadget" to me means "specially tailored play" that allows for no flexibility or very few options out if the QB doesn't see something he likes.

Hill isn't yet to the point where he can operate as a WR, but DAT clearly is. Just because we might run a few wrinkles with him in the game doesn't mean he's now a gadget, though. Before this, teams saw him go into the game and knew something was up. Now they have to be more aware that he's running actual designed routes like the rest of the WRs.

DAT is far more like Dante Hall right now than he is gadget-back McCluster man like Tyreek Hill still is.

Easy 6
09-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Not real thrilled about this, there are too many smallish and/or inexperienced receivers in this corp for my liking

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 03:40 PM
The frustration I had with McCluster and DAT as a rookie is that "gadget" to me means "specially tailored play" that allows for no flexibility or very few options out if the QB doesn't see something he likes.

Hill isn't yet to the point where he can operate as a WR, but DAT clearly is. Just because we might run a few wrinkles with him in the game doesn't mean he's now a gadget, though. Before this, teams saw him go into the game and knew something was up. Now they have to be more aware that he's running actual designed routes like the rest of the WRs.

DAT is far more like Dante Hall right now than he is gadget-back McCluster man like Tyreek Hill still is.
I guess our definition of gadget is different.

milkman
09-03-2016, 03:41 PM

Dante Hall was never much more than a gadget on offense.

FloridaMan88
09-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Surprised that DAT will be on the final roster after he essentially quit at the end of last season.

Nickhead
09-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Surprised that DAT will be on the final roster after he essentially quit at the end of last season.

agreed

Red Dawg
I have no problem with this. Dorsey doing work.

Easy 6

I kinda am as well, he must've quietly earned back some respect through camp and preseason... that leaping grab between two defenders the other day surely helped his case

Meatloaf
09-03-2016, 03:47 PM
This whole deal with Streater has been odd. He looked pretty good in games, yet seemed to keep falling on depth chart. Then, we trade the guy! Wonder if he just didn't integrate well onto team? Very unusual situation.

Red Dawg
09-03-2016, 03:47 PM
They couldn't find a partner to take Knile Davis?

Davis has proven he can play RB and kick returner. Why would they cut him or trade him.

FloridaMan88
09-03-2016, 03:48 PM
This whole deal with Streater has been odd. He looked pretty good in games, yet seemed to keep falling on depth chart. Then, we trade the guy! Wonder if he just didn't integrate well onto team? Very unusual situation.

It does seem weird.

I would have rather kept Streater than DAT.

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Not real thrilled about this, there are too many smallish and/or inexperienced receivers in this corp for my liking

We've got 4 TEs on the roster to take care of the size issue. Two of those guys are 6'7", are former basketball players, have shown that they have solid hands and aren't afraid of contact, and have at least 4.6 speed (Harris was clocked at 4.52).

Maclin, Conley, and Robinson all have decent size at WR.

ping2000
09-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Will he sit, stand, or kneel during the national anthem?

milkman
09-03-2016, 03:51 PM
It does seem weird.

I would have rather kept Streater than DAT.

DAT has looked good this preseason.

I'd rather have kept Streater over Wilson.

Lightrise
09-03-2016, 03:52 PM
This creates cap space to make a play for Packers guard Sitton, 30 year old All-Pro guard who is a bit expensive. Better value for the money that would have gone to Streater. Also, Chiefs need time for Robinson, who would have taken Streaters job by mid-season anyway.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 03:53 PM
We've got 4 TEs on the roster to take care of the size issue. Two of those guys are 6'7", are former basketball players, have shown that they have solid hands and aren't afraid of contact, and have at least 4.6 speed (Harris was clocked at 4.52).

Robinson is a rookie who looked terrible.

What if we get an injury with Maclin or Conley?

Streater was a traditional WR who you could just line up and run the offense. Big and fast enough to block and run any route with good hands.

Lightrise
09-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Streater came from Oakland, it's possible he was too dumb to pick up Reid's complicated offense.

FloridaMan88
09-03-2016, 03:56 PM

Streater was a traditional WR who you could just line up and run the offense. Big and fast enough to block and run any route with good hands.

Agreed and Hill and DAT are basically the same type of player, to keep both seems extraneous.

Easy 6
09-03-2016, 04:00 PM

Good points all

But there is also plenty to agree with here... guess I'll just fall back to "trust the regime"

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 04:07 PM

If Maclin gets hurt, expect the 3 TE sets to become our main offensive formation.

Heck, even with Maclin healthy, it might still be the main formation given the mismatch that it creates for us.

Kelce, Harris, and Travis are all too athletic for the majority of LBs in the league and are all too big and powerful for any DB in the league outside of Chancellor.

If defenses go with more LBs then we can pass on them. If they go with a sub package then we can run on them easily.

This offense can be a nightmare for defenses even without more than 1 or 2 legitimate WRs. Remember the damage that the Patriots did with Gronk and Hernandez and no traditional WR threat? (Wes Welker was a fantastic slot guy. We've got more overall WR talent than that 2011 Patriots team did with the combination of Maclin, Conley, DAT, Hill, etc. Also, with a healthy Charles, we might have a better backfield as well).

Yes, Alex Smith isn't anywhere as good as Tom Brady was in 2011 and Reid tends to make more retarded play call decisions than Belichick's squad did. But my point is that if either Maclin or Conley goes down, it won't be the end of the world for this offense.

I mean, everyone thought this team was done when Charles got injured. But that wasn't the case at all. Reid adjusted and the offense just got better.

-King-
09-03-2016, 04:11 PM

Yet not good enough to be active most games in Oakland. Or good enough to stay on this team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red
09-03-2016, 04:13 PM
I'm a little surprised.

Simply Red
09-03-2016, 04:15 PM
I haven't looked too hard, lot of personal BS going on - but is Ross Travis still on the roster?

Red Dawg
09-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Agreed and Hill and DAT are basically the same type of player, to keep both seems extraneous.

No they are not. Hill has much thicker build than DAT.

TimBone
09-03-2016, 04:17 PM
They traded him and a pick, for another puck. So they essentially just moved up in a round
Better than nothing.

LoneWolf
09-03-2016, 04:17 PM
I haven't looked too hard, lot of personal BS going on - but is Ross Travis still on the roster?

Yep.

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 04:18 PM

I believe so, yes.

milkman
09-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Yet not good enough to be active most games in Oakland. Or good enough to stay on this team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Where did Streater touch you?

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

This is fucking stupid.

The guy had 1,500 combined yards and 7 TD's his first two seasons before injury.

The new regime didn't like him so he didn't play last year.

Sandy Vagina
09-03-2016, 04:24 PM
So, still no word on the trade compensation?

Does this in fact give significant relief to the KC cap hit, due to that 4 mil incentive in his contract?

Simply Red
09-03-2016, 04:24 PM
That's cool - thanks guys.

-King-
09-03-2016, 04:31 PM
This is fucking stupid.

The guy had 1,500 combined yards and 7 TD's his first two seasons before injury.

The new regime didn't like him so he didn't play last year.

In 2012 and 2013. It's 2016. I don't think it's wise to reference 3 year old stats as reason he will be productive this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

FloridaMan88
09-03-2016, 04:31 PM
No they are not. Hill has much thicker build than DAT.

That's an overstatement.

Hill is 5-10, 185 pounds, DAT is 5-8, 176 pounds.

Not a big difference in build.

Coochie liquor
09-03-2016, 04:32 PM

This. There gonna HOPEFULLY run some 3 te sets with them. I think we had success early last year before Harris got hurt.

-King-
09-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Where did Streater touch you?
I just don't see why people liked a player with one catch for 8 yards last year so much. Guess Reid and Dorsey agreed with me.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
09-03-2016, 04:34 PM
I just don't see why people liked a player with one catch for 8 yards last year so much. Guess Reid and Dorsey agreed with me.
Posted via Mobile Device

So, you think that Albert Wilson looked better this preseason?

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 04:36 PM
I just don't see why people liked a player with one catch for 8 yards last year so much.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guess you're pretty fucking dumb

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 04:37 PM

Hell, Streater looked better than anyone other than Maclin and Conley this preseason.

He sure as hell looked better than Wilson or Robinson.

Again, something weird must have gone on this preseason.

-King-
09-03-2016, 04:38 PM

I think he has looked better the past two years. He's had 700+ yards and Streater has had 92. I'm not going to base who's better based on 4 preseason games when one has been vastly superior the past two years.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Guess you're pretty fucking dumb

Since 2014:

Streater: 9 catches 92 yards
Wilson: 51 catches 711 yards

One is just a tad bit better than the other...
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
I think he has looked better the past two years. He's had 700+ yards and Streater has had 92. I'm not going to base who's better based on 4 preseason games when one has been vastly superior the past two years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Typical dumbassery from you

DaneMcCloud
Since 2014:

Streater: 9 catches 92 yards
Wilson: 51 catches 711 yards

One is just a tad bit better than the other...
Posted via Mobile Device

Who gives a flying fuck?

This is about NOW, 2016, not about 2014 or 2015.

JFC, you're dumb.

-King-
09-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Typical dumbassery from you

I can always tell when you have nothing of substance to say ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Warrick
09-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Damn, why couldn't they trade for one of our shorter WRs like Wilson.

-King-
09-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Who gives a flying fuck?

This is about NOW, 2016, not about 2014 or 2015.

JFC, you're dumb.

If we're talking about now, then Wilson is clearly better or else he would have been the one traded, not Streater ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
I can always tell when you have nothing of substance to say ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

:rolleyes:

You never say anything of substance.

Milkman asked you a simple question and you failed to answer it.

You're worse than Claynus.

jjchieffan

Because nobody wanted Wilson

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 04:45 PM
If we're talking about now, then Wilson is clearly better or else he would have been the one traded, not Streater ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

How is he "clearly better", Buttfuck?

Wilson was awful in preseason.

You must not have watched a single game.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Because nobody wanted Wilson

Bingo

milkman
09-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

So, by your way of thinking, there's no point in drafting players, or giving any player a chance to make a comeback, because some mediocre player has done more recently.

-King-
09-03-2016, 04:48 PM
:rolleyes:

You never say anything of substance.

Milkman asked you a simple question and you failed to answer it.

You're worse than Claynus.

I did answer it. If we're basing anything on preseason, we should have started preseason legend Fred Williams last year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 04:49 PM
Because nobody would give a dam thing for them

once again this team is fielding a very average group of WRs

Maclin - stud
Conley - might a good one

The rest is a big pile of JAG ... an injury to Maclin and we are BONED.

We are running RBs and TEs this year fellas.

-King-
09-03-2016, 04:50 PM
So, by your way of thinking, there's no point in drafting players, or giving any player a chance to make a comeback, because some mediocre player has done more recently.

I'm going to take the player that has 700+ more yards recently 200% of the time. I'm also going to take the player that hasn't been a healthy scratch almost an entire year. Streater had his chance. I guess he didn't impress enough to be kept on this roster.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
09-03-2016, 04:51 PM
I'm going to take the player that has 700+ more yards recently 200% of the time. I'm also going to take the player that hasn't been a healthy scratch almost an entire year. Streater had his chance. I guess he didn't impress enough to be kept on this roster.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nothing in preseason matters?

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 04:51 PM
because nobody would give a dam thing for them

once again the team is fielding a very average group of WRs

Maclin - stud
Conley - might a good one

The rest is a big pile of JAG ... an injury to Maclin and we are BONED.

We are running RBs and TEs this year fellas.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that given our talent at those positions.

It might actually play to the strengths of this team instead of trying to force screen passes to WRs.

-King-
09-03-2016, 04:52 PM
How is he "clearly better", Buttfuck?

Wilson was awful in preseason.

You must not have watched a single game.

He's on the roster, streamer is not. Reid and Dorsey figure that Wilson is more useful to the team than Streater would have been. So he's clearly better.

How about this, if Wilson has more yards than Streater, you leave the site forever. If Streater has more yards, I leave the site forever.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Nothing in preseason matters?
It matters, but so does recent history. If a player has been a healthy scratch for almost an entire season, he has to REALLY impress to bump someone else off a roster.

A bunch of people wanted Fred Williams to be on the active roster last year just based on preseason. In reality he was a bum.
Posted via Mobile Device

jjchieffan
09-03-2016, 04:55 PM
He's on the roster, streamer is not. Reid and Dorsey figure that Wilson is more useful to the team than Streater would have been. So he's clearly better.

How about this, if Wilson has more yards than Streater, you leave the site forever. If Streater has more yards, I leave the site forever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dane already left forever. Didn't you know that?ROFL

Seriously. Sig bets and other stuff is fine, but leave the site bets are stupid. I did that once with Mecca. I won, but then let him off because I realized how stupid it was.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 04:57 PM
I see absolutely nothing wrong with that given our talent at those positions.

It might actually play to the strengths of this team instead of trying to force screen passes to WRs.
Agree except for the part about screen passes ... DaT and Hill are screen pass type guys. Streater is a bigger guy who can block and run traditional routes.

Just going 2 WRs with bunch TEs when we want more pass options.

Gotta protect the defense with more running and possession passes.

The Franchise
09-03-2016, 04:57 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah because QBs and offenses don't matter.

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Agree except for the part about screen passes ... DaT and Hill are screen pass type guys. Streater is a bigger guy who can block and run traditional routes.

Just going 2 WRs with bunch TEs when we want more pass options.

Gotta protect the defense with more running and possession passes.

I think that DAT can do damage as a slot guy. Hill too if he can ever get his hands sorted out. Those two are incredibly tough to stick to if given a free release.

jjchieffan
09-03-2016, 04:59 PM
It matters, but so does recent history. If a player has been a healthy scratch for almost an entire season, he has to REALLY impress to bump someone else off a roster.

A bunch of people wanted Fred Williams to be on the active roster last year just based on preseason. In reality he was a bum.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Raiders have a history of doing stupid things with players. Including healthy scratches of good players. For crying out loud, the did it with a HOF talent Marcus Allen. I liked what I saw from here. Most everyone here thought he was alock to make the roster. I believe that had we not traded him, it would've been someone else that got cut. But who knows.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2016, 05:01 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

How about you just go fuck yourself while we all read your stupid, illogical posts

SAUTO
09-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Obviously he was not worth more to this team than moving up a round at some point.

I dont see how it can be moving up in the same round

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 05:03 PM
I think that DAT can do damage as a slot guy. Hill too if he can ever get his hands sorted out. Those two are incredibly tough to stick to if given a free release.Yes, Dat and Hill can do the short stuff.

Too small to block
Too small to high point passes
problem too small to run sideline routes

Wilson is a pussy who avoids contact at all cost

We are going with Maclin and Conley and TEs.

I would just as soon use Charles for all the screen stuff as well.

I just don't understand it, but we'll see.

Andy Reid annoys the fuck outa me, but we'll see.

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Yes, Dat and Hill can do the short stuff.

Too small to block

Andy Reid annoys the **** outa me, but we'll see.

The one thing that he definitely needs to continue to do is give Alex the reigns of the offense. Allow him to make reads at the line and adjust the plays.

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 05:13 PM
The one thing that he definitely needs to continue to do is give Alex the reigns of the offense. Allow him to make reads at the line and adjust the plays.
Yes, you can see the level of aggression(ie deeper passes) go up significantly when Alex has control.

I'm not saying bombs, just saying that at least the WR is going forward/down field when the pass is thrown. Versus the constant screens,buttons,short outs and hooks that Andy lives on.

milkman
09-03-2016, 05:14 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Don't know what happened in Oakland, but I do know that Jack Del Rio is an idiot.

I do know this.
Rod Streater made some tough catches this preseason, and showed great effort.

Wilson did neither.

Last season is irrelevant to right now.

Warrick
09-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Yes, Dat and Hill can do the short stuff.

Too small to block

Andy Reid annoys the **** outa me, but we'll see.

Don't know what happened in Oakland, but I do know that Jack Del Rio is an idiot.

I do know this.

Wilson did neither.

THESE!!!

MotherfuckerJones
09-03-2016, 05:24 PM
This isn't surprising, considering his lack of playing time and when he was on the field, it was with the 2's and 3's.

Agreed but I'd rather have Streater than Wilson.

MotherfuckerJones
09-03-2016, 05:25 PM
ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Shove a Jason Avant bobblehead up your ass :)

MotherfuckerJones
09-03-2016, 05:28 PM

At least Hill showed the ability to catch a deep pass.
McCluster could've never done that, fuck him.
I'm ok with keeping DAT for one more season.

Pablo
09-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Bye bye forever Hot Steamer.

-King-
09-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Yeah because QBs and offenses don't matter.

Well according to them, Streater is better than Wilson so it should balance out. I'll even say that if Streater is within 150 yards of Wilson he wins the bet.

-King-
09-03-2016, 05:38 PM

I do know this.

Wilson did neither.

Are Reid and Dorsey also idiots then for trading him away just to essentially move up in a round? It's not like they got a straight pick for him. They traded him AND a pick for one of the 49ers picks.

If they thought he was good and could contribute more than Wilson, they would have kept him and either cut or traded Wilson don't you think?

Buzz
09-03-2016, 05:45 PM
DAT must have had something major going on in his life to get a pass for last season, I didn't expect him to make the team.

jjchieffan
09-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Are Reid and Dorsey also idiots then for trading him away just to essentially move up in a round? It's not like they got a straight pick for him. They traded him AND a pick for one of the 49ers picks.

If they thought he was good and could contribute more than Wilson, they would have kept him and either cut or traded Wilson don't you think?

link? I have seen that nowhere but here, and it hasn't been backed up.

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 05:54 PM
link? I have seen that nowhere but here, and it hasn't been backed up.

It's on rotoworld: 49ers acquired WR Rod Streater and an undisclosed draft pick from the Chiefs in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick.
The draft picks being exchanged are certainly late-rounders. Streater got injured in Oakland and disappeared during the 2015 season, losing his No. 3 job to Seth Roberts. He wasn't making much noise in Kansas City, either, but the talentless 49ers are taking a shot after losing slot man Bruce Ellington to I.R. Streater is a candidate to take over the inside job in San Francisco. Sep 3 - 5:02 PM

The deal was probably something like Streater and a 6th for the 49ers 5th rounder or something.

FloridaMan88
09-03-2016, 05:54 PM

I do know this.

Wilson did neither.

This.

Streater gave up his body to make more tough catches in four preseason games than Albert Wilson has during his past two seasons in KC.

jjchieffan
09-03-2016, 06:01 PM
It's on rotoworld:

The deal was probably something like Streater and a 6th for the 49ers 5th rounder or something.

Thanks for the link. I wonder why Rotoworld is the only one reporting this. It would be nice if they weren't so secret and just said that they traded X player for y compensation. It's not like everyone does that. Everyone knew immediately what Philly got for Bradford. We found out what Cooper got when AZ announced the trade and what we gave for Acker when SF announced the trade. Feels like Pioli era secrecy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Seems like a lot of people around here really overrated Streater's contributions.

Titty Meat
09-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Seems like a lot of people around here really overrated Streater's contributions.

They've overrated a lot of guys it's became homer planet.

ThaVirus
09-03-2016, 06:23 PM

Awesome. Who knows how we'll look back on Dorsey's tenure here but, in the midst of it -and directly after Piolo, I have to say I like it. Lots of wheeling and dealing and scraping the bottom of the barrel to find the right guys.

It'd refreshing.

LOL Just like it.

Meh. In this offense with this QB I think it matters little.

OldSchool is an idiot but he makes a good point. We've got three or four competent TEs who are huge bodies and Maclin and Conley really aren't that small themselves.

ThaVirus
09-03-2016, 06:25 PM
King's got the right of this, IMO.

IIRC, we had this same discussion about keeping Avant last season. Also a similar discussion about keeping Mauga.

Not everyone on your team is going to be some developmental project or second-chance reject. There's value in keeping guys who are solid, guys who have recent history that lends credence to the idea that you know what you can expect from them. Wilson is that guy here.

RobBlake
09-03-2016, 06:36 PM
King's got the right of this, IMO.

IIRC, we had this same discussion about keeping Avant last season. Also a similar discussion about keeping Mauga.

Not everyone on your team is going to be some developmental project or second-chance reject. There's value in keeping guys who are solid, guys who have recent history that lends credence to the idea that you know what you can expect from them. Wilson is that guy here.

Wilson is a subpar WR until proven... much ado about nothin

O.city
09-03-2016, 06:39 PM
So it was a swap of picks in the 7th round of the 2019 draft. Clearly, he was getting cut anyway

SAUTO
09-03-2016, 06:44 PM
So it was a swap of picks in the 7th round of the 2019 draft. Clearly, he was getting cut anyway

What if we have the higher pick?

O.city
09-03-2016, 06:46 PM
What if we have the higher pick?

Maybe we get their 6th? I dunno.

jjchieffan
09-03-2016, 06:52 PM

I'm not putting any credibility in that report until I see it from a reliable source. It makes absolutely no sense for the compensation to be in the same round of a draft 3 years away. We just as well cut him for that. And we could wind up with a worse draft pick meaning we compensated them to take him. Maybe it's accurate. But I seriously doubt it.

ThaVirus
09-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Wilson is a subpar WR until proven... much ado about nothin

And sometimes there's nothing wrong with that..

Were we honestly expecting Streater to be anything more anyway? The average NFL career is 3 years. It's been that long since Streater resembled anything like an actual NFL WR. Citing 3 year old statistics and some camp reports as reasoning for keeping him over a guy who we know will likely give us 500 yards and a couple TDs as our #4 option just doesn't fly.

Warrick
09-03-2016, 06:57 PM
There's value in keeping guys who are solid, guys who have recent history that lends credence to the idea that you know what you can expect from them. Wilson is that guy here.

Wilson still needs to show up sometime this year before you classify him as solid, not being afraid to take a hit would be a bonus. Keeping four TEs, it looks as though they are going to be relying on them more this year than a 3rd string WR. I just hope Conely has a solid year at #2 and Maclin stays healthy otherwise it's 2015 all over again.

ThaVirus
09-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Hopefully Wilson is our #5 option this year, by the way. It's high time Conley takes over the #2 WR role.

BWillie
09-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Any time you make a trade with Chip Kelly you've automatically won

ThaVirus
09-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Wilson still needs to show up sometime this year before you classify him as solid, not being afraid to take a hit would be a bonus. Keeping four TEs, it looks as though they are going to be relying on them more this year than a 3rd string WR. I just hope Conely has a solid year at #2 and Maclin stays healthy otherwise it's 2015 all over again.

In an offense that still uses FB screens Wilson just contributed over 400 yards and a few TDs.

He's shown up and he's been solid. Sure, you'd like to replace him, but we've been attempting to do just that for two years now and he's still here.

Guy's a 5'9" UDFA. He's obviously pretty tough. The criticism is way overblown.

Rain Man
09-03-2016, 07:01 PM
Hopefully Wilson is our #5 option this year, by the way. It's high time Conley takes over the #2 WR role.

I just watched part of the Chiefs-Packers game, and have a question. Has Tyreek Hill ever caught a thrown ball of any type? I'm talking footballs, baseballs, nerf balls, anything. Because it didn't really look like it.

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 07:06 PM
I just watched part of the Chiefs-Packers game, and have a question. Has Tyreek Hill ever caught a thrown ball of any type? I'm talking footballs, baseballs, nerf balls, anything. Because it didn't really look like it.

58 yard Nick Foles duck?

Urc Burry
09-03-2016, 07:07 PM

Well he's a converted rb. He was the camp crush this year, and had a bad game. Wouldn't look too much into it. He'll be fine

Warrick
09-03-2016, 07:13 PM
In an offense that still uses FB screens Wilson just contributed over 400 yards and a few TDs.

He's shown up and he's been solid. Sure, you'd like to replace him, but we've been attempting to do just that for two years now and he's still here.

Guy's a 5'9" UDFA. He's obviously pretty tough. The criticism is way overblown.

Wilson's 2 TDs in 2 years is far from solid... when Streater was healthy, which he is now, he had double the TDs and double the yardage in one year and has shown a lot more toughness in 4 preseason games than Wilson has his whole career.

Dante84
09-03-2016, 07:17 PM
We swapped 7ths, conditionally.

My guess is that we protected ourselves from being upside down on that.

Anyong Bluth
09-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Oh noes!

If they're trading away guys at that position, I would take it as a happy indication of how pleased they are with the younger talent.

In my mind, Conley has flashed a lot more this preseason than I anticipated, and Hill & Travis look to be valuable additions that will pay off as they progress passed being rookies.

ThaVirus
09-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Wilson's 2 TDs in 2 years is far from solid... when Streater was healthy, which he is now, he had double the TDs and double the yardage in one year and has shown a lot more toughness in 4 preseason games than Wilson has his whole career.

That was THREE YEARS AGO. May as well have been a lifetime ago.

Meatloaf
09-03-2016, 07:34 PM
I think the majority here are WAY too down on Albert Wilson. Yeah, he hasn't had the greatest preseason, but don't you think the coaches are aware of his skills and limitations? My view is that they guy knows how to run a route tree and is dependable as far as being in the right place at the right time. I also think he's a pretty good blocker. Not saying he's the second coming of Jerry Rice, but goodness, you people act like he's a total zero.

Personally, I'm good with him being on the team as I think he's a pretty tough football player.

As far as the common complaint about leaving his feet to catch a ball, well, I'd probably agree that I'd like to see improvement in that area. Bottom line though is that Andy and I think you're VASTY underrating this guy.

scho63
09-03-2016, 07:37 PM
10 pages just for a trade for Rod Streator???

Damn you know it's still offseason!

Warrick
09-03-2016, 07:40 PM
That was THREE YEARS AGO. May as well have been a lifetime ago.

And in your mind he can't do it again because? Did you watch any preseason games? Don't bother answering those are rhetorical questions, I know you want Wilson to do well and so do I but we could of used the extra help.

ThaVirus
09-03-2016, 07:41 PM
And in your mind he can't do it again because? Did you watch any preseason games? Don't bother answering those are rhetorical questions, I know you want Wilson to do well and so do I but we could of used the extra help.

What did he do to impress?

Chief Northman
09-03-2016, 07:45 PM
This move surpriss me some.

There is still Jack and Shit at this position group. If Maclin goes down (and history not on the Chiefs side here), the offense will struggle. No receiver beneath Maclin on the depth chart evokes fear. Streater at least gives you some depth. DAT/Hill are the same guy. Outside of Conley, there is no size at the position. And Conley is still raw as hell. One good preseason performance will not convince me to go all-in on him as a true #2.

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 07:47 PM
This move surpriss me some.

There is still Jack and Shit at this position group. If Maclin goes down (and history not on the Chiefs side here), the offense will struggle. No receiver beneath Maclin on the depth chart evokes fear. Streater at least gives you some depth. DAT/Hill are the same guy. Outside of Conley, there is no size at the position. And Conley is still raw as hell. One good preseason performance will not convince me to go all-in on him as a true #2.

Already said this before but the strength of this team this year will be the 3 TE formation, not multiple WR sets.

Warrick
09-03-2016, 07:54 PM
What did he do to impress?

In preseason he looked like he was healthy and looked like he was going to display what he did a couple of years ago before injury, which was...

2013 and 2012
99 REC
1,472 YDS
14.3 AVG
66 Lng
7 TDs

ThaVirus
09-03-2016, 07:56 PM
In preseason he looked like he was healthy and looked like he was going to display what he did a couple of years ago before injury, which was...

2013 and 2012
99 REC
1,472 YDS
14.3 AVG
66 Lng
7 TDs

-___- He had 89 yards in 4 preseason games..

Chiefaholic
09-03-2016, 08:02 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking when I originally read the opening post.We basically just traded $700,000 in cap space (signing bonus) for a future draft pick.

kccrow
09-03-2016, 08:08 PM
This move pisses me off actually. I thought Streater looked really good in preseason and like a good fit. Wilson is the one that looked like shit and should have been traded. Oh well I guess, fuck it.

Warrick
09-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Still more than Wilson, it's okay SF is going to need all the help they can get and once he shines there don't ever say I didn't tell you so. WR is where we were lacking last year and I don't like to see wasted talent go to a team that won't even smell the playoffs for a useless draft pick in 2019. Good luck Streater, at least you're not a Raider anymore!

thabear04
09-03-2016, 08:38 PM
We swapped 7ths, conditionally.

My guess is that we protected ourselves from being upside down on that.

We need more picks since chiefs got their 6th round taken away.

Dante84
09-03-2016, 08:56 PM
We need more picks since chiefs got their 6th round taken away.

That was 2018. This is 2019 lol

Shekelsteinberg
09-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Was hoping for Mac, Conley, Streater to be our main WR's.

Streater reminded me of Michael Crabtree on the 49ers, just that he had a greater work ethic and commitment.

He must be very disappointed, he could have broke out here. On the 49ers he'll disappear.

Shekelsteinberg
09-03-2016, 09:19 PM
Good move. I wasn't wild about him because he seemed like a jag. Get the ball to Charles, Ware, Maclin kelce. Conley maybe. No one else.

Seems to me that Charles has been greatly demoted, they have built the offense around his absence and it looks like that they are grooming Ware as their next feature back. Charles is at his peak and is banged up.

Ware has looked like young Frank Gore, I bet the Seahawks are regretting releasing him.

wasi
09-03-2016, 09:25 PM
It looks like Streater was signed to push Conley specifically. Streaters role disappeared because Conley held him off the #2 in Sf he is gonna have a chance to play a lot more than in KC

Shekelsteinberg
09-03-2016, 09:31 PM
It looks like Streater was signed to push Conley specifically. Streaters role disappeared because Conley held him off the #2 in Sf he is gonna have a chance to play a lot more than in KC

I'm thinking more through madden lenses, he felt like the piece that our offense would have no to very limited weaknesses. Get some hands that don't have butterfingers, they aren't going to be major targets except when they need to be. AND THEY MUST CATCH THE BALL!

But this team is looking to build young, I love Alex Smith but they are playing their cards straight to draft the next elite QB.

Chiefaholic
09-03-2016, 09:31 PM
I'm not nearly as worried as some of you are. You guys act like you're playing Madden and need a name WR from 1-6. We have Maclin (1), Conley (2), DAT / Hill / Wilson / Charles (slot). With multiple options at TE with respectable depth there. What defensive formation would a coordinator use with Charles in the slot and Ware in the backfield? I really think this offense is vastly improved in comparison to last year. The defensive secondary is my primary concern going into the season.

Shekelsteinberg
09-03-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm not nearly as worried as some of you are. You guys act like you're playing Madden and need a name WR from 1-6. We have Maclin (1), Conley (2), DAT / Hill / Wilson / Charles (slot). With multiple options at TE with respectable depth there. What defensive formation would a coordinator use with Charles in the slot and Ware in the backfield? I really think this offense is vastly improved in comparison to last year. The defensive secondary is my primary concern going into the season.

Hill has promise, but he should not be in the starting line up like he was in all of the pre-season. I haven't given up, obviously the coaches see something in him to be giving him 1st string reps. I'm going to give him a pass on the last game to jitters, young kid lost his concentration when he didn't bring in that 2nd pass and was continually targeted.

You can bet that those that performed better and didn't make the team don't see it that way.

Ted Ginn was a stone-hands until Cam Newton started throwing him the ball.

Chiefaholic
09-03-2016, 09:53 PM
I guess I'm more patient with Dorsey given his track record so far. Hill has game changing speed with the ball in space (and his hands of course). I don't see a lot of passes going his way with Maclin, Conley, Kelce, and Charles as my first four reads anyway. You can teach a guy to catch with practice and reps. You can't teach that kind of speed.....

Shekelsteinberg
09-03-2016, 09:59 PM
I guess I'm more patient with Dorsey given his track record so far. Hill has game changing speed with the ball in space (and his hands of course). I don't see a lot of passes going his way with Maclin, Conley, Kelce, and Charles as my first four reads anyway. You can teach a guy to catch with practice and reps. You can't teach that kind of speed.....

Once a game to stretch the field, if he catches it the entire dynamic changes until he drops it.

Buckweath
09-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Its hard not to trust Dorsey but that WR corps better be good and even an injury to Maclin won't be an excuse because I really thought Streater could prove valuable for the offense this year.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-03-2016, 10:37 PM
So basically we have Maclin and very little experience behind him. The tight ends must have played a role in this decision

Mr. Laz
09-03-2016, 11:05 PM

That shouldn't make a dam bit of difference.

Streater was our 3rd best WR in the preseason

If you want to count gadget boy DaT in his limited time then 4th. Lets bet honest DaT is not a traditional WR, he's too small to block and too small to run all of the route tree.

OldSchool
09-03-2016, 11:39 PM
That shouldn't make a dam bit of difference.

Streater was our 3rd best WR in the preseason

If you want to count gadget boy DaT in his limited time then 4th. Lets bet honest DaT is not a traditional WR, he's too small to block and too small to run all of the route tree.

DAT is only a little bit smaller than Wes Welker was and he's a whole lot quicker and faster than Welker ever was. He can absolutely feast on the backup Dbs who will be forced to cover him in most situations.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2016, 11:42 PM
DAT is only a little bit smaller than Wes Welker was and he's a whole lot quicker and faster than Welker ever was. He can absolutely feast on the backup Dbs who will be forced to cover him in most situations.

Why didn't he show this ability in his first two seasons?

RealSNR
09-03-2016, 11:42 PM
So what the fuck did we get for this asshole? It just says, "Trade happened." Tell me more, motherfuckers

Dante84
09-03-2016, 11:46 PM
So what the **** did we get for this asshole? It just says, "Trade happened." Tell me more, mother****ers

It's in the thread.... But, we are swapping 7th round picks in the 2019 draft.

I know, it sounds like a joke.

It's not.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2016, 11:48 PM

It's not.

The Chiefs must have a crap ton of confidence in Chris Conley and DAT, because no one else has shown shit this preseason.

That's the only logical explanation for this.

OldSchool
09-04-2016, 12:06 AM
Why didn't he show this ability in his first two seasons?

Maybe because he was originally a RB and was just recently converted to WR (Reid didn't fully commit to this until after the 2014 season) and Reid has been using him as a gadget/screen guy instead of just allowing him to play a role as a slot receiver in the mold of Wes Welker?

Reid also rarely ever trusts young Wrs in his system much less a converted RB. Thomas also got injured in 2015 and was out for a large part of the season.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2016, 12:09 AM
Maybe because he was originally a RB and was just recently converted to WR and Reid has been using him as a gadget/screen guy instead of just allowing him to play a role as a slot receiver in the mold of Wes Welker?

Reid also rarely ever trusts young Wrs in his system much less a converted RB.

You actually may have a point. DAT only played about 20 snaps a game on offense last year.

Maybe he's finally ready to blossom.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2016, 12:10 AM
2019? For real? My profession says I'll be dead by then. WGAF?

OldSchool
09-04-2016, 12:43 AM
You actually may have a point. DAT only played about 20 snaps a game on offense last year.

Maybe he's finally ready to blossom.

His performance in the 4th Pre-season game was really encouraging, IMO.

He shows much more natural WR skills than both Hill and Wilson have. Significantly better concentration, hand-eye coordination, strong hands, willingness to sacrifice his body to get the ball, and great body control.

His only downside is that he is a bit smaller than both of those guys.

-King-
09-04-2016, 01:45 AM

It's not.

Surprised we didn't multiple 1sts for his kind of talent.
Posted via Mobile Device

KChiefs1
09-04-2016, 02:13 AM
Dorsey never ceases to amaze me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smith11
09-04-2016, 03:32 AM
how much of a role did dave toub have in trading streeter....if he figured to be no better than the 4th receiver on squad behind maclin, conley and Wilson, he would probably need to be a contributor on special teams to justify a roster spot

milkman
09-04-2016, 04:42 AM
It's on rotoworld:

That doesn't provide any details of the picks traded.
It's merely speculation.

milkman
09-04-2016, 04:47 AM

So, are you gonna tell me that Albert Wilson looks like a tough SOB whose gonna make the tough catches?

We are comparing Streater to Wilson, and Wilson is ****ing garbage.

nychief
09-04-2016, 06:48 AM
We save some cap space, no?

tmax63
09-04-2016, 07:01 AM
So people are upset here because the Chiefs traded a pick-up from the scrap heap during the off season to the 49ers. It's fricking amazing how every receiver they trade or cut is the next Jerry Rice and whoever they keep instead of doesn't deserve to be a bagger at Walmart.
What's amazing is that another team wanted a wr that wasn't going to make the Chiefs team only a couple years after no wr td's in an entire season. I think they've come a long ways.

MotherfuckerJones
09-04-2016, 07:06 AM
They've overrated a lot of guys it's became homer planet.

It's a fucking Chiefs forum

ndws
09-04-2016, 07:08 AM
It might have been solely about getting cap space to possiblely make a run at a guy like Sitton, or the best scrap heap OLB

oldman
09-04-2016, 07:23 AM
We save some cap space, no?

Does anyone know what Streater's cap number was? As to the Streater vs. Wilson discussion, we probably couldn't get anyone to look at Wilson.

Marcellus
09-04-2016, 07:35 AM
Does anyone know what Streater's cap number was? As to the Streater vs. Wilson discussion, we probably couldn't get anyone to look at Wilson.

His cap number as Jack shit because they changed it anfew weeks back and the bonus money was moved to not likely to achieve.

He wasn't moved over money he was moved because DAT and Hill both made the team.

Buehler445
09-04-2016, 08:18 AM

Errrr ummmm riiiiiiight. His measurable were better than Welkers but he hasn't applied that quickness to the route tree yet. There is a mile and a half deep canyon between where DAT is now and where Welker was.

Clay posted it earlier. He had taken a pay cut but was still some savings.

threebag
09-04-2016, 08:23 AM
Well i was hoping he'd go off against the Fade and single handedly destroy them.

My Adopt-A-CHIEF was Rod Streater

Simply Red
09-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Was hoping for Mac, Conley, Streater to be our main WR's.

Streater reminded me of Michael Crabtree on the 49ers, just that he had a greater work ethic and commitment.

He must be very disappointed, he could have broke out here. On the 49ers he'll disappear.

one hundred ninety something posts in - I still say that this is surprising -

bricks
09-04-2016, 09:19 AM
You know what Rod Streater could potentially be?

Just another one of those bottom feeder guys that chiefsplanet will pimp. The fact that there is a 13 page thread about him is impressive alone. That ain't easy to do folks. I mean you people are amazing! Zing!!

Shekelsteinberg
09-04-2016, 10:14 AM

Just another one of those bottom feeder guys that chiefsplanet will pimp. The fact that there is a 13 page thread about him is impressive alone. That ain't easy to do folks. I mean you people are amazing! Zing!!

I think that is has to do with the lack of encouragement of the players behind Maclin and Conley.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-04-2016, 10:19 AM
When you consider all the nagging injuries DAT has had at least we can go into this season knowing he is healthy. And to keep bodies fresh fior the season DAT is the guy you use more in those games that we shouldn't have trouble winning at all

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-04-2016, 10:22 AM
So, are you gonna tell me that Albert Wilson looks like a tough SOB whose gonna make the tough catches?

He isn't complete garbage, he had some big plays for us last season and when he's behind 4 other guys for looks/carries he's good value. His place on the roster is very appropriate considering Conley took spot #2. Mike Williams and Streater are injury liabilities too

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-04-2016, 10:24 AM
And bubble screens to DAT with two tight ends blocking for him? Sign me up

OldSchool
09-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Errrr ummmm riiiiiiight. His measurable were better than Welkers but he hasn't applied that quickness to the route tree yet. There is a mile and a half deep canyon between where DAT is now and where Welker was.

He hasn't really had a chance to do it. Reid rarely ever let DAT run legitimate routes. He's just in year 2 of transitioning to the WR position but he has shown all of the necessary traits to be successful at it.

OldSchool
09-04-2016, 10:53 AM

We're not just talking about Streater in here. It's become an overall passing weapons/WR discussion.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-04-2016, 10:54 AM
late on this one, but I'm thinking Streater must have been complaining about playing time.

We essentially gave him away, so it just kinda comes off to me as he may have been upset with the staff. Oh well. Conley time.

OldSchool
09-04-2016, 10:56 AM
late on this one, but I'm thinking Streater must have been complaining about playing time.

We essentially gave him away, so it just kinda comes off to me as he may have been upset with the staff. Oh well. Conley time.

Doesn't sound like his personality. Dude was applauded for being a great teammate and never complaining; and that was with the Raiders.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-04-2016, 12:44 PM
We picked up streater for nothing and in the end upgraded a future draft pick. It also got Conley to work harder to become the #2 which has shown so far. This was by no means a failed experiment.

We go into next year's draft with a lot of picks including comps. If you think our team is deep this year just wait for next season..

Buehler445
09-04-2016, 12:49 PM
He hasn't really had a chance to do it. Reid rarely ever let DAT run legitimate routes. He's just in year 2 of transitioning to the WR position but he has shown all of the necessary traits to be successful at it.

Affirmative. I get all that but saying he's even in the ballpark of Welkers production is pretty absurd at the moment.

I am pretty prone to hometown, but damn son.

-King-
09-04-2016, 12:52 PM

Seems like Reid and the rest of the coaching staff thought that Wilson was better than Streater though. So much better that they held him out of the 4th preseason game so there wasn't even a competition.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
09-04-2016, 01:13 PM
So people are upset here because the Chiefs traded a pick-up from the scrap heap during the off season to the 49ers. It's fricking amazing how every receiver they trade or cut is the next Jerry Rice and whoever they keep instead of doesn't deserve to be a bagger at Walmart.
What's amazing is that another team wanted a wr that wasn't going to make the Chiefs team only a couple years after no wr td's in an entire season. I think they've come a long ways.
People are upset because they don't think we kept the best player.

I'm not sure why that is so difficult to understand. Maybe some people don't want to understand it because then they have to deal with reality.

We only have 2 traditional WRs on the team(maclin,conley), the rest are smurfs and gadgets.

Wilson won't/can't high point the ball,dive for the ball,go over the middle with contact,use his body to shield the defender from the ball. That is a lot of restriction for your 3rd receiver.

Hey, maybe Dorsey is getting ready to add another WR and streater helped open up cap space because the addition is not going to be a scrub.

I trust Dorsey a lot more than Andy. :shrug:

Warrick
09-04-2016, 01:20 PM
People are upset because they don't think we kept the best player.

I'm not sure why that is so difficult to understand. Maybe some people don't want to understand it because then they have to deal with reality.

We only 2 traditional WRs on the team(maclin,conley), the rest are smurfs and gadgets.

Wilson won't/can't high point the ball,dive for the ball,go over the middle with contact,use his body to shield the defender from the ball. That is a lot of restriction for your 3rd receiver.

Hey, maybe Dorsey is getting ready to add another WR and streater helped open up cap space because the addition is not going to be a scrub.

I trust Dorsey a lot more than Andy. :shrug:

Well said, regardless some of these PENIS WILSONs will still fall short of comprehension.

staylor26
09-04-2016, 01:22 PM
When we signed Streater I thought maybe the Raiders ****ed up, or the new staff just never gave him a shot, but after this I think the only logical conclusion we can come to is there's just something we aren't seeing. I'm willing to give Dorsey the benefit of the doubt in these situations, because unlike Laz I have the humility to understand that he (and Reid) know a hell of a lot more than we do, and we're talking about a decision that we don't have enough information/resources to critique as outsiders.

It's like trying to understand why that guy keeps falling in the draft that we all had as a second day pick. Obviously, there's something we're missing.

OldSchool
09-04-2016, 01:26 PM
When we signed Streater I thought maybe the Raiders ****ed up, or the new staff just never gave him a shot, but after this I think the only logical conclusion we can come to is there's just something we aren't seeing. I'm willing to give Dorsey the benefit of the doubt in these situations, because unlike Laz I have the humility to understand that he (and Reid) know a hell of a lot more than we do, and we're talking about a decision that we don't have enough information/resources to critique as outsiders.

It's like trying to understand why that guy keeps falling in the draft that we all had as a second day pick. Obviously, there's something we're missing.

Maybe they just saw no upside with him?

staylor26
09-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Maybe they just saw no upside with him?

That's certainly the most logical conclusion, but Streater looks like a guy that should make a team without a great WR group regardless. The Raiders didn't want him, and now we didn't either.

Mr. Laz
09-04-2016, 01:31 PM
As if you have any humility at all.

being a kiss ass homer isn't humility, it's just being a sheep

You think you're the smartest guy on this site about every football subject.

staylor26
09-04-2016, 01:36 PM
As if you have any humility at all.

being a kiss ass homer isn't humility, it's just being a sheep

You think you're the smartest guy on this site about every football subject.

I think I'm the smartest guy yet you continue to criticize Dorsey and Reid nonstop when you're the ****ing idiot that wanted to move Berry to OLB, and keep 4 WR's. You're a joke dude.

I might come off as arrogant on here because I know that I know a hell of a lot more than idiots like YOU, but I have enough humility to know that Dorsey, a great GM, knows much better than I do.

You honestly believe that you could do a better job than those guys, and it's fucking hilarious.

saphojunkie
09-04-2016, 03:28 PM
It seems to me like Streater and Williams were brought in as insurance policies for Conley not taking a step forward. Since he has, Streater became expendable.

Maybe they will trade DAT and bring Hammond of from the PS. A guy can dream...

FloridaMan88
09-04-2016, 03:30 PM

Saying that Rod Streater is a "bottom feeder" would still put him ahead of Albert Wilson.

Mile High Mania
09-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Conditional 7th round swap in 2019... weird. At least it moved the $760k.

Coogs
09-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Conditional 7th round swap in 2019... weird. At least it moved the $760k.

So if the 49ers win the Super Bowl in the 2018/19 season and we have the worst record in football, we are moving back 31 spots to give them Streeter?

RunKC
09-04-2016, 04:19 PM
Dorsey deserves the benefit of the doubt here but Streater completely outplayed Wilson with lesser talent. He made some good catches and stood out while Wilson did nothing but drop passes and show that he is nothing more than a slot receiver at best.

I would keep and start DAT over Wilson in the slot next Sunday, but Andy loves him some Albert Wilson. It's fucking weird.

OldSchool
09-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Dorsey deserves the benefit of the doubt here but Streater completely outplayed Wilson with lesser talent. He made some good catches and stood out while Wilson did nothing but drop passes and show that he is nothing more than a slot receiver at best.

I would keep and start DAT over Wilson in the slot next Sunday, but Andy loves him some Albert Wilson. It's ****ing weird.

He had a weird love affair with Jason Avant as well.

Granted, Avant has made some fantastic catches throughout his career.

threebag
09-04-2016, 04:25 PM
I just wanted him to fuck up the fade. You know Harvey Williams them fuckers.

Pablo
09-04-2016, 04:26 PM
9/3/16 NEVER FORGET

-King-
09-04-2016, 05:07 PM

I would keep and start DAT over Wilson in the slot next Sunday, but Andy loves him some Albert Wilson. It's fucking weird.

I know it's weird, including preseason Streater has less catches the past 3 years and less yards than Albert Wilson had just last year. How could Dorsey pass that up!?

It's amazing that people are just ignoring the fact that the best we could get for Streater was a 7th round swap 3 drafts from now. That's pretty much worthless.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dunerdr
09-04-2016, 05:20 PM
I know we're all getting philosophical on streater v every wide out and all but... Seems more likely that we needed to move someone off of the roster, the niners said we want streater or better. Dorsey says well I'd like to keep him but it's either cut someone else and keep streater, or move him and keep say, knile who's more likely to score on KR than streater ever is as a 5th receiver.

Mr. Laz
09-04-2016, 05:45 PM
I know we're all getting philosophical on streater v every wide out and all but... Seems more likely that we needed to move someone off of the roster, the niners said we want streater or better. Dorsey says well I'd like to keep him but it's either cut someone else and keep streater, or move him and keep say, knile who's more likely to score on KR than streater ever is as a 5th receiver.

So we kept lesser talent because the 49ers would only give a 7th for Streater and not Wilson?

fuck the 7th round pick, keep the talent

7th round pick is shit

Dunerdr
09-04-2016, 05:52 PM
So we kept lesser talent because the 49ers would only give a 7th for Streater and not Wilson?

**** the 7th round pick, keep the talent

7th round pick is shit

some one had to leave regardless correct?

I would assume, just an assumption, that on dorseys big board of talent, that when it came down to someone who was getting cut vs trading streater for peanuts vs the next guy on the cut list the talent/upside/need was close enough that he said **** it. just keep xxxxxx send streater packing.

similar to the draft I imagine theres an idea of current talent, upside, and need all weighed in when its time to make tough cuts. then when those hippies in cali called and said we need a wide out heres what we like. Dorsey probably said well I like that guy for the price but it allows me to keep xxxx whos pretty raw now but also plays special teams and has some serious upside and could very well replace xxxxxx next year or the year after and save us some serious coin to resign xxxxxx.

goodbye rod jag streater

in short I'm saying this probably goes way past just this year and the wide recievers.

Mr. Laz
09-04-2016, 05:59 PM
some one had to leave regardless correct?

I would assume, just an assumption, that on dorseys big board of talent, that when it came down to someone who was getting cut vs trading streater for peanuts vs the next guy on the cut list the talent/upside/need was close enough that he said **** it. just keep xxxxxx send streater packing.

similar to the draft I imagine theres an idea of current talent, upside, and need all weighed in when its time to make tough cuts. then when those hippies in cali called and said we need a wide out heres what we like. Dorsey probably said well I like that guy for the price but it allows me to keep xxxx whos pretty raw now but also plays special teams and has some serious upside and could very well replace xxxxxx next year or the year after and save us some serious coin to resign xxxxxx.

goodbye rod jag streater

in short I'm saying this probably goes way past just this year and the wide recievers.
Wilson has no upside
Wilson doesn't play special teams
Wilson gets hurt easily

I imagine Fat,Lazy Andy just didn't want to bother teaching another guy the offense.

Even if Wilson sucks at least he knows the offense. :(

Keep Streater, cut Wilson ... fuck the 7th round exchange with the 49ers.

Moving up in the 7th round ... WTF??

Sandy Vagina
09-04-2016, 06:02 PM
I think I'm the smartest guy yet you continue to criticize Dorsey and Reid nonstop when you're the ****ing idiot that wanted to move Berry to OLB, and keep 4 WR's. You're a joke dude.

I might come off as arrogant on here because I know that I know a hell of a lot more than idiots like YOU, but I have enough humility to know that Dorsey, a great GM, knows much better than I do.

You honestly believe that you could do a better job than those guys, and it's ****ing hilarious.

I like both of you, and want you to STOP FIGHTING AND BEING ALL MEAN!!!!

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M3ff5ca30e254b11a6f44838f266fc984o0&pid=15.1

Simply Red
09-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Saying that Rod Streater is a "bottom feeder" would still put him ahead of Albert Wilson.

he used 'bottom feeder' incorrectly - all together. Calling a player a bottom feeder makes no sense. If anyone were a 'bottom feeder' it'd have been the Chiefs. Bottom feeder is signing the cheapest available. So the player wouldn't actually be the bottom feeder, the organization would be - but this is not shocking considering the poster who originally typed it out.

Dunerdr
09-04-2016, 06:08 PM
Wilson has no upside
Wilson gets hurt easily

I imagine Fat,Lazy Andy just didn't want to bother teaching another guy the offense.

Keep Streater, cut Wilson ... **** the 7th round exchange with the 49ers.

I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm just saying that's probably what went down. obviously they see Wilson as better in some aspect. I think this season is likely his last as a chief unless strides are made and maybe they didn't see streater as a long term option either so its jag who knows the playbook or jag who doesn't and probably costs us more.

OldSchool
09-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Wilson offers more in special teams and as a Reid gadget player.

As a pure WR, he is definitely inferior to Streater.

Pablo
09-04-2016, 06:25 PM
I'll never forget all that Rod did for this team. He was something to behold.

RIP

KCUnited
09-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Rob Streater to replace Len Dawson in the booth??

NJChiefsFan
09-04-2016, 07:27 PM

Yeah this seems logical...

-King-
09-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Wilson has no upside
Wilson gets hurt easily

Keep Streater, cut Wilson ... fuck the 7th round exchange with the 49ers.

Does Streater have upside?
Does he play special teams?
Does he stay healthy?

I wouldn't know because he has sucked so much the last 3 years he was a healthy scratch most of a season and was traded for a box of used tampons.

Well he kinda was injured for most of 2012 so I guess we do know that much about him. So he's not exactly some huge improvement over Wilson in that department.
Posted via Mobile Device

bricks
09-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Wilson offers more in special teams and as a Reid gadget player.

As a pure WR, he is definitely inferior to Streater.

All in all, Wilson is more versatile than Streater and therefore he is more valuable to the team. I got it bro;)

-King-
09-04-2016, 07:37 PM
I'll never forget all that Rod did for this team. He was something to behold.

RIP

Players were reportedly devastated by the loss. They were all geared up to go into the season with Rod leading them. Apparently the season motto was going to be InRodWeTrust
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
09-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Players were reportedly devastated by the loss. They were all geared up to go into the season with Rod leading them. Apparently the season motto was going to be InRodWeTrust
Posted via Mobile DeviceLMAO

I think Eric Berry even tweeted that out. Sad to see him lose one of his most prominent motivating factors just a week after he rejoins the team.

stumppy
09-04-2016, 07:55 PM
LMAO

I think Eric Berry even tweeted that out. Sad to see him lose one of his most prominent motivating factors just a week after he rejoins the team.

Yup, even said Rob will always be the "Come back Player of the Year" to him.

Damnit, why is it the good ones who are always taken from us so soon ?

RealSNR
09-05-2016, 09:50 AM
So if the 49ers win the Super Bowl in the 2018/19 season and we have the worst record in football, we are moving back 31 spots to give them Streeter?

It's conditional. So no.

BlackHelicopters
09-05-2016, 12:35 PM
This is a joke right?