O.city
09-05-2016, 11:18 AM
Gaines the starting corner opposite peters

Tamba will play limited role sunday

Stretch for Charles to play

March starter next to dj

TimBone
09-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Maaan. They are going into the season pretty banged up.

I think this Chargers game is going to be a lot tougher than we think.

OnTheWarpath15
09-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Start all of your Chargers in fantasy, folks.

This one is going to be a shootout.

stevieray
09-05-2016, 11:30 AM
No divisional game is a gimme.

Chiefshrink
09-05-2016, 11:37 AM
No divisional game is a gimme.

This.

Even if they were all healthy like I said, Rivers loves playing in Arrowhead.:thumb:

mcaj22
09-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Start all of your Chargers in fantasy, folks.

This one is going to be a shootout.

big days for Keenan Allen and Spencer Ware incoming

Discuss Thrower
09-05-2016, 11:39 AM
-7.5 seems like a sucker bet..

O.city
09-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Dee Ford and our dl better come to work that day

saphojunkie
09-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Hopefully, Dee Ford's three sack day vs. San Diego is repeatable.

Chiefshrink
09-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Dee Ford and our dl better come to work that day

won't be enough "unless" Chris Jones gets a lot of snaps:thumb: Turn the rookie loose !!!:clap:

Chiefshrink
09-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Hopefully, Dee Ford's three sack day vs. San Diego is repeatable.

they were duct taped last yr playing with PS guys. Not this 1st game but their o-line still has issues.

Marcellus
09-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Hali being limited is a concern but JC being out is a non factor.

March is an upgrade.

Let's hope the DL gets good pressure. Sutton also likes to use safety blitzes with Parker so I'm guessing they will get creative on blitz packages.

RunKC
09-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Please play Nicolas on some snaps. He's earned it.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Going to need 24 to win. Go Alex.

R Clark
09-05-2016, 12:12 PM
They should be able to put twenty four or more on that defense

Chiefshrink
09-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Hali being limited is a concern but JC being out is a non factor.

March is an upgrade.

Let's hope the DL gets good pressure. Sutton also likes to use safety blitzes with Parker so I'm guessing they will get creative on blitz packages.

Agreed.
Zombo better produce and Jones better get a decent amount of snaps then.

TLO
09-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Chiefs win by 20+

Chiefshrink
09-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Chiefs win by 20+

Your "Pepper" is spiked !!:D

penbrook
09-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Good thing about Charles being out is the depth we have at RB. He'll Davis is a 4th stringer!! With West and Ware you get thunder and lightning and with Wests ability to catch out of the backfield and Ware mowing bitches down we should have no problem winning this.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2016, 12:40 PM
The fucking shit never ends.

San Diego was 4-12 last year. They fucking suck. They have holes all over their roster and their best players are old guys that are a year older.

But hey, this is going to be a shootout because Charles isn't playing (and didn't last year, going 2-0) and Hali is a "year older" (but I guess Rivers and Gates, aren't) and they haven't improved their roster, looked like shit in preseason and their 1st round pick didn't show up until last week.

Everything's rosy for the opponent while the Chiefs just swirl down the drain.

What a bunch of fucking horseshit.

RealSNR
09-05-2016, 12:43 PM
This.

Even if they were all healthy like I said, Rivers loves playing in Arrowhead.:thumb:

Since when? The Herm years?

In the two losses since then, one of them was when he BARELY beat our backups, and the other was the Crennel 2-14 year.

Rivers has been a mortal QB at Arrowhead traditionally.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Rivers has been a mortal QB at Arrowhead traditionally.

As recently as 2013 he raped us for 392 yards and 3 TD.

That's entirely possible six days from now given the piss poor state of our pass rush and secondary, and the fact they now have Allen, Benjamin and Gates lining up on almost every snap.

I will be shocked if we hold the Chargers under 21 points.

RunKC
09-05-2016, 12:47 PM
The ****ing shit never ends.

San Diego was 4-12 last year. They ****ing suck. They have holes all over their roster and their best players are old guys that are a year older.
But hey, this is going to be a shootout because Charles isn't playing (and didn't last year, going 2-0) and Hali is a "year older" (but I guess Rivers and Gates, aren't) and they haven't improved their roster, looked like shit in preseason and their 1st round pick didn't show up until last week.

What a bunch of ****ing horseshit.

The Chargers getting Keenan Allen back is huge. Also getting Travis Benjamin (someone a lot of people here wanted) is a nice addition.

We don't have Houston, Tamba will only play on obvious passing downs, Zombo is basically a JAG and Ford hasn't proven He's better in the pass rush.

Rivers is a legit top 10 QB with solid weapons and our pass rush is hurting. It's most likely going to be a close game.

Chiefshrink
09-05-2016, 12:54 PM

That's entirely possible six days from now given the piss poor state of our pass rush and secondary, and the fact they now have Allen, Benjamin and Gates lining up on almost every snap.

The Chargers getting Keenan Allen back is huge. Also getting Travis Benjamin (someone a lot of people here wanted) is a nice addition.

We don't have Houston, Tamba will only play on obvious passing downs, Zombo is basically a JAG and Ford hasn't proven He's better in the pass rush.

Rivers is a legit top 10 QB with solid weapons and our pass rush is hurting. It's most likely going to be a close game.

Reality is very difficult for "RealSnr" at times:rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
09-05-2016, 01:01 PM

Good post. I'm not worried about missing Charles in the least. But the lack of a pass rush is going to hurt against a good QB with his weapons back.

I'm certainly not saying we're going to lose, but I'm not expecting either defense to slow down the opposing offense.

IMO, the only way this game doesn't become a shootout is if Dee Ford's balls drop and he decides to actually become an impact player.

Red Dawg
09-05-2016, 01:08 PM
I called it with Houston being out half the year and got beat up. I said no JC week one and got beat up. Right on both counts.

Red Dawg
09-05-2016, 01:10 PM
If Tamba and JC are not a full go against Houston and the Jes we are screwed. 1-3 start again.

SAUTO
09-05-2016, 01:11 PM
I called it with Houston being out half the year and got beat up. I said no JC week one and got beat up. Right on both counts.

Kudos

OnTheWarpath15
09-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Kudos

LMAO

BossChief
09-05-2016, 01:19 PM
KC had 5 sacks on rivers in the last game, without Justin Houston.

Since then, KC added Chris Jones to the pass rush...which should make a difference.

Our OL will win the battle against their front 7.

Our front 7 should win most of the battles against their OL

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2016, 01:19 PM

The game shouldn't even be within 10 points, let alone, close.

Red Dawg
09-05-2016, 01:21 PM

San Diego was 4-12 last year. They ****ing suck. They have holes all over their roster and their best players are old guys that are a year older.

They are not great but they are healthy and we are not. They took us to the wire last season without their starting RB and Keenana Allen. We still had Smith and Hali full time.

We should win but we have no reason to think we will just kick their ass when we couldn't last season.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2016, 01:24 PM
They are not great but they are healthy and we are not. They took us to the wire last season without their starting RB and Keenana Allen. We still had Smith and Hali full time.

And the Chiefs went to San Diego last year and whupped them 33-3.

A healthy Chargers team is still a shit team, especially on the road.

And for the last fucking time, the Chiefs aren't lining up 20 guys vs. 22.

Red Dawg
09-05-2016, 01:27 PM
And the Chiefs went to San Diego last year and whupped them 33-3.

A healthy Chargers team is still a shit team, especially on the road.

And for the last ****ing time, the Chiefs aren't lining up 20 guys vs. 22.

So the all injured Chargers team that we barely beat in our house is what? Crap? How do you figure they will be worse with their starters this time around?

staylor26
09-05-2016, 01:31 PM

We should win but we have no reason to think we will just kick their ass when we couldn't last season.

The Chargers currently have two starting OL with injuries (though at least one should play). They lost their #3 RB for the season. They also lost their #3 WR for the year. Their 1st round pick is going to be a non factor. They lost Weddle, the leader of their defense. Flowers, River, and Gates are a year older. They didn't upgrade their OL at all this offseason.

Where the **** do you guys get that the Chiefs are the only team with question marks and/or injuries going into the season?

pugsnotdrugs19
09-05-2016, 01:34 PM
I think we win this one somewhere in that 30-24 range. Definitely expecting a tough game.

philfree
09-05-2016, 01:39 PM
The Chargers currently have two starting OL with injuries (though at least one should play). They lost their #3 RB for the season. They also lost their #3 WR for the year. Their 1st round pick is going to be a non factor. They lost Weddle, the leader of their defense. Flowers, River, and Gates are a year older. They didn't upgrade their OL at all this offseason.

Where the **** do you guys get that the Chiefs are the only team with question marks and/or injuries going into the season?

They've over analyzed till they are pussyfied.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2016, 01:40 PM

Mike McCoy's been a questionable coach at best and the defense is lacking talent.

Of course, anything can happen in the NFL but this one shouldn't even be close, especially Week 1 at Arrowhead.

Jerok
09-05-2016, 01:42 PM
We win 27 to 13, Marcus Peters and Eric Berry both get an interception and Ware gets 3 rushing TD's. Chargers barely get 15 minutes possession time.

Marcellus
09-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Good post. I'm not worried about missing Charles in the least. But the lack of a pass rush is going to hurt against a good QB with his weapons back.

I'm certainly not saying we're going to lose, but I'm not expecting either defense to slow down the opposing offense.

IMO, the only way this game doesn't become a shootout is if Dee Ford's balls drop and he decides to actually become an impact player.

Didn't Dee Ford rape SD last year?

KChiefs1
09-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Chiefs win easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1
09-05-2016, 02:21 PM
I can see a clear dividing line here.

There needs to be a poll.

staylor26
09-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Didn't Dee Ford rape SD last year?

We can't give him any credit for that because it was a backup OT. Even though a lot of teams are starting backup OT's week in and week out.

kc79
09-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Just heard Bosa isn't practicing, because of tightness. Guess you do need training camp.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2016, 02:46 PM
Just heard Bosa isn't practicing, because of tightness. Guess you do need training camp.

just like hali and charles

score one for claynus

RealSNR
09-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Reality is very difficult for "RealSnr" at times:rolleyes:

Phillip Rivers doesn't LOVE playing at Arrowhead. He's 6-5 in Arrowhead for his career, and that's only with the benefit of being a QB who got to face the Herm and Pioli Chiefs. One of his wins came when the Chiefs purposely started as many backups as possible in 2013. And in one of his losses, he fumbled a game-clinching kneel down snap. I'll bet he didn't LOVE playing in Arrowhead on that night.

You talk about him like he gets gamed up to play at the Chiefs, when in reality what he does there is no different than what he does any other week. His record is mediocre against some pretty bad Chiefs teams.

Peyton Manning LOVED playing at Arrowhead. Philip Rivers does not.

Ten bucks says he has some really good throws and takes advantage of some shitty Sutton coverages and a few of our young defensive backs. And he'll also have some awful mistakes on his own, and his offensive line will contribute to a few more that will make him go apeshit. San Diego will end up losing the game because they're a worse team than we are, and Philip Rivers will be both the entire reason they stood a chance while also contributing to some negative things that made them lose the game.

That's how it's gone the past many years when he comes to Arrowhead. You can probably bet your ass that's what will happen again.

OnTheWarpath15
09-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Phillip Rivers doesn't LOVE playing at Arrowhead. He's 6-5 in Arrowhead for his career, and that's only with the benefit of being a QB who got to face the Herm and Pioli Chiefs. One of his wins came when the Chiefs purposely started as many backups as possible in 2013. And in one of his losses, he fumbled a game-clinching kneel down snap. I'll bet he didn't LOVE playing in Arrowhead on that night.

You talk about him like he gets gamed up to play at the Chiefs, when in reality what he does there is no different than what he does any other week. His record is mediocre against some pretty bad Chiefs teams.

Peyton Manning LOVED playing at Arrowhead. Philip Rivers does not.

Ten bucks says he has some really good throws and takes advantage of some shitty Sutton coverages and a few of our young defensive backs. And he'll also have some awful mistakes on his own, and his offensive line will contribute to a few more that will make him go apeshit. San Diego will end up losing the game because they're a worse team than we are, and Philip Rivers will be both the entire reason they stood a chance while also contributing to some negative things that made them lose the game.

That's how it's gone the past many years when he comes to Arrowhead. You can probably bet your ass that's what will happen again.

VERY good post.

I expect KC to win because they are the better team. Doesn't mean it won't be a shootout, however.

FloridaMan88
09-05-2016, 03:11 PM
But hey, this is going to be a shootout because Charles isn't playing (and didn't last year, going 2-0) and Hali is a "year older" (but I guess Rivers and Gates, aren't) and they haven't improved their roster, looked like shit in preseason and their 1st round pick didn't show up until last week.Everything's rosy for the opponent while the Chiefs just swirl down the drain.

The one (only) thing San Diego can do is throw the ball reasonably well.

The Chiefs had Sean Smith as a starting CB in both San Diego games last year. Also they had Eric Berry in prime form in both games against the Chargers as well (he will be playing in his first football game since January on Sunday).

Throw in the fact the Chiefs pass rush is weakened without Houston and without a healthy Hali and yes there is reason to be concerned about the Chiefs ability to stop the one thing San Diego is good at, which is their passing offense.

RealSNR
09-05-2016, 03:15 PM
VERY good post.

I expect KC to win because they are the better team. Doesn't mean it won't be a shootout, however.

Exactly. It's going to be tough, and I have no doubt that Allen and Benjamin will do a bit of feasting. Rivers will probably throw for 300+ yards and a few TDs. The Chargers might even win.

But it's not going to be because Rivers is any different of a player when he plays the Chiefs. He's had good games against the Chiefs because he's a very good QB. He does the same shit to the Donks, Raiders, and most other teams.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-05-2016, 03:25 PM

Totally agree with this !

We held them to 3 fucking points last year but this year will be a shootout.

**** you All !

jjchieffan
09-05-2016, 03:53 PM

Just like Houston was going to carve us up last season week 1 too. How did that work out for you again? You are so full of fail, why don't you just give up already?

penbrook
09-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Interesting. On the depth chart Conley is listed ahead of Wilson and West is listed ahead of Ware

mcaj22
09-05-2016, 04:05 PM

this is exactly what will happen. Rivers will catch some young guy in the secondary sleeping or going through the typical learning curve and get a touchdown or two but the Chiefs should be able to blow them out by 30

bricks
09-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Chiefs are going to win 27-24 against eggo.

Eggo will screw up. I bet a Rivers will throw a pick and set up the Chiefs for a field goal and then it's Cairo Santos to kick the 34 yard field goal for the win with 0:03 seconds left, kick is up and it's good !!! Chiefs win! Chiefs win! Whip out the Salami and cheese!;)

JoeyChuckles
09-05-2016, 05:15 PM

What you call "piss-poor" is generally regarded as above average by the rest of the league. With all the starters back it's top five. I think you're calling it piss-poor based on what it can be and not what it is.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2016, 05:18 PM
What you call "piss-poor" is generally regarded as above average by the rest of the league. With all the starters back it's top five. I think you're calling it piss-poor based on what it can be and not what it is.

We don't have all the starters back, Phillip Gaines, Kev Russell and Steven Nelson could be utter garbage. They haven't proven shit at this point.

That many unproven players isn't good for a secondary that also doesn't have it's top pass rusher.

RealSNR
09-05-2016, 05:23 PM

Dee Ford has looked like ass this offseason. He might prove us wrong and play great, but it's generally a pretty good assumption that we'll be lucky to have him playing like even an average starting Sam backer.

MMXcalibur
09-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Chargers 34, Chiefs 13

I don't know why we even try.

Buzz
09-05-2016, 05:45 PM
I would like to think Rivers would do the last minute choke job but Reid and company seam to come out of the gate slow. If the Chiefs can score in the red zone, we should be okay, FG's while Rivers throws for a couple TD's isn't going to cut it.

Why Not?
09-05-2016, 05:48 PM

Big time. I may bet Chargers and be hyped if I lose.

Buehler445
09-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Phillip Rivers doesn't LOVE playing at Arrowhead. He's 6-5 in Arrowhead for his career, and that's only with the benefit of being a QB who got to face the Herm and Pioli Chiefs. One of his wins came when the Chiefs purposely started as many backups as possible in 2013.

SNR bringing the pain.

But seriously, fuck Sqyirmin Herman motherfucking Sack of cunt Edwards and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Listening to Dorsey's quotes from today, the FO must really believe in Justin March. Which I do too, but it becomes clear when he basically says they are only counting on Barrington and Alexander for solid special teams.

The Bad Guy
09-05-2016, 07:19 PM
The game shouldn't even be within 10 points, let alone, close.

A freaking men.

The Bad Guy
09-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Just like Houston was going to carve us up last season week 1 too. How did that work out for you again? You are so full of fail, why don't you just give up already?

I personally love how he cites 2013. Like 2013 means shit right now.

"As recently as 2013".

O.city
09-05-2016, 07:21 PM
I feel the chiefs are clearly better.

But blowouts don't happen alot in the league, especially early.

I think the Chiefs win, but I don't think it'll be a blowout

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2016, 08:26 PM
I feel the chiefs are clearly better.

But blowouts don't happen alot in the league, especially early.

I think the Chiefs win, but I don't think it'll be a blowout

Week 1 2015:

Jets-Cleveland 31-10
Bills-Colts 27-14
Panthers-Jaguars 20-9
Bengals-Raiders 31-13
Titans-Bucs 42-14
Vikings-49ers 20-3

staylor26
09-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Listening to Dorsey's quotes from today, the FO must really believe in Justin March. Which I do too, but it becomes clear when he basically says they are only counting on Barrington and Alexander for solid special teams.

What did he say about March? I didn't see him say anything about him.

staylor26
09-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Lol There are blowouts all the time in today's NFL. Even the playoffs.

TribalElder
09-05-2016, 08:40 PM
It's a Chiefs burger

I think it means poop

O.city
09-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Week 1 2015:

Jets-Cleveland 31-10
Bills-Colts 27-14
Panthers-Jaguars 20-9
Bengals-Raiders 31-13
Titans-Bucs 42-14
Vikings-49ers 20-3

Maybe the bolts end up being as bad as some of those teams and we blow them out.

I hope.

NJChiefsFan
09-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Lol There are blowouts all the time in today's NFL. Even the playoffs.

Oh yeah? Cite one blowout last year in the playoffs.

OnTheWarpath15
09-05-2016, 09:04 PM

Broncos 24, Panthers 10

Panthers 49, Arizona 15

KC 30, Houston 0

Packers 35, Washington 18

staylor26
09-05-2016, 09:06 PM

:rolleyes:

Broncos 24, Panthers 10

Panthers 49, Arizona 15

KC 30, Houston 0

Chiefs fan doesn't think there were any blowouts in the playoffs when one of them was ours, ending the playoff drought.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2016, 09:09 PM
No offense but threads like these make me seriously question who's watching the games on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays.

And those that are playing Fantasy Football.

O.city
09-05-2016, 09:10 PM
It is the opener and crazy shit happens early

threebag
09-05-2016, 09:12 PM
LMAO

staylor26
No offense but threads like these make me seriously question who's watching the games on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays.

And those that are playing Fantasy Football.

You can't make this shit up. ROFL

DaneMcCloud
It is the opener and crazy shit happens early

"Crazy shit" happens to bad teams with no depth that aren't prepared.

O.city
09-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Well, I don't play fantasy football. Tried a few times, never really found it to be overly interesting.

NJChiefsFan
09-05-2016, 09:16 PM
How can anyone possibly think I wasn't referencing the Chiefs Texans game?

O.city
09-05-2016, 09:16 PM

It's nice to be at home, that's a big plus.

But I worry our early weaknesses match up with their strengths.

If the Chiefs dl dominates and our offense controls the ball, Chiefs should win pretty easily.

But if rivers gets in a rhythm and our secondary doesn't hold up, it could be high scoring.

Baby Lee
09-05-2016, 09:17 PM
My sense is that we are up 14 at some point in the 1st half. The final score is closer than that. The focus after the game will be poor-mouthing taking our foot off the gas and overlooking superior upcoming opponents.

NJChiefsFan
09-05-2016, 09:18 PM

We did almost lose to the Browns. It's not a slight on KC, it's just the NFL. At some point this year KC will have a close call against a bad team. That's just what the odds say.

NJChiefsFan
09-05-2016, 09:20 PM
:rolleyes:

Chiefs fan doesn't think there were any blowouts in the playoffs when one of them was ours, ending the playoff drought.

LMAO

Was a joke my friend. I actually added the "oh yeah" just to help you specifically pick up on it.

Iowanian
09-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Phillip rivers has 8 kids, so he has obviously laid upon his wife at least that many times.

If rivers has a baby every time a chief is on top of him this Sunday in arrowhead, the Duggars will send him a box of condoms.

staylor26
09-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Was a joke my friend. I actually added the "oh yeah" just to help you specifically pick up on it.

Suuuurrre

Iowanian
09-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Suuuurrre

I've been reading and watching from afar. You're starting to remind me of Derek from stepbrothers

Unpop that collar bro.

RunKC
09-05-2016, 09:37 PM
I will never think a Chiefs win is a sure thing when the other team has a top 10 QB and we have questions with our pass rush.

2 biggest positions in the game.

O.city
09-05-2016, 09:39 PM
I will never think a Chiefs win is a sure thing when the other team has a top 10 QB and we have questions with our pass rush.

2 biggest positions in the game.

Hopefully our dl dominates their ol

staylor26
09-05-2016, 09:40 PM
I've been reading and watching from afar. You're starting to remind me of Derek from stepbrothers

Unpop that collar bro.

I haven't had a carb since 2003.

RunKC
09-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Hopefully our dl dominates their ol

They will, but like we saw from Seattle preseason game, it won't matter. 3 step drop, quick 2 second release and catches we have trouble stopping.

It's been hurting us for years.

staylor26
09-05-2016, 09:42 PM
They will, but like we saw from Seattle preseason game, it won't matter. 3 step drop, quick 2 second release and catches we have trouble stopping.

Jones and March. They should help with that.

O.city
09-05-2016, 09:44 PM

Yeah, secondary is gonna have to play well.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Jones and March. They should help with that.

We will be lucky if March is even an adequate NFL player.

NJChiefsFan
09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Suuuurrre

So your theory is that the score to the first playoff game I have ever watched the Chiefs win(not counting when I was 9) is not actually tattooed in the brain forever? Just wanted to reference the game. If I knew somebody was actually silly enough to think I didn't remember the game I would have made the reference more obvious.

staylor26
09-05-2016, 09:49 PM
So your theory is that the score to the first playoff game I have ever watched the Chiefs win(not counting when I was 9) is not actually tattooed in the brain forever?

I'm just giving you shit man.

Gadzooks
09-05-2016, 09:53 PM
So your theory is that the score to the first playoff game I have ever watched the Chiefs win(not counting when I was 9) is not actually tattooed in the brain forever? Just wanted to reference the game. If I knew somebody was actually silly enough to think I didn't remember the game I would have made the reference more obvious.

Don't mind him. staylor's a dick most of the time. :)

NJChiefsFan
09-05-2016, 09:54 PM
I'm just giving you shit man.

Ha ok. I was gonna say, there is still a dent in my ceiling from my head when Davis returned that kick.

staylor26
09-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Ha ok. I was gonna say, there is still a dent in my ceiling from my head when Davis returned that kick.

Yea I think we all felt like a huge weight was lifted off our shoulders. I knew we weren't losing that game after that.

Discuss Thrower
09-05-2016, 09:58 PM

I knew apartments were shitty in the NE, but gotdam. You living in a fucking hobbit hole or someshit?

NJChiefsFan
09-05-2016, 10:04 PM
I knew apartments were shitty in the NE, but gotdam. You living in a ****ing hobbit hole or someshit?

Haha. I have TV's set up in the basement of my house for football season. The ceiling is a little low and I also ****ing lost my mind on the play.

edit: I thought you meant NE=New England instead of North East.

NJChiefsFan
09-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Yea I think we all felt like a huge weight was lifted off our shoulders. I knew we weren't losing that game after that.

I was still a wreck for a while. After IND I didn't know what to expect.

staylor26
09-05-2016, 10:12 PM
I was still a wreck for a while. After IND I didn't know what to expect.

I probably would've felt the same way if Hoyer wasn't their QB. Lol

NJChiefsFan
09-05-2016, 10:23 PM
I probably would've felt the same way if Hoyer wasn't their QB. Lol

Whatever rationality I have usually goes out the window during the 4th quarter of important KC games. But even for me it became quite comfortable with how he was playing.

Psyko Tek
09-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Broncos 24, Panthers 10

Panthers 49, Arizona 15

KC 30, Houston 0

Hey
HE ONLY ASKED FOR ONE

MotherfuckerJones
09-06-2016, 12:51 AM
Meh. I expect another Rivers meltdown with him bitching and moaning only to kick the ball after a false start LOL. This game maybe closer than we think due to a young and new faced defense. But then again this offense should put up 28-35 points easily. Andy Reid will out coach McCoy again. I just hope Dee Ford fucking shows up. I want to see this defense pissed off and getting after it. This dline better show why it's potentially the best in the league.

TEX
09-06-2016, 05:46 AM

Yep. No pass rush and questionable Secondary means KC will have issues. The perfect storm for the Bolts could be brewing...

Baby Lee
09-06-2016, 05:59 AM

ROFL ROFL - I've been of the mind that the moment he stuttered to the left into the open field was the highest I've ever been off the ground entirely under my own power.

I was out of my seat like

http://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/badassgifs6.gif?w=780

O.city
09-06-2016, 08:54 AM
So apparently Jordyn Nelson isn't ready to play a full game this week either.

Is something going on with these acl recoveries? Seems like it's taking longer this year for guys to get back than normal

ChiefsLV
09-06-2016, 09:32 AM
King Dunlap is still the Chargers starting left tackle. Major weakness right there.

staylor26
09-06-2016, 09:42 AM

Is something going on with these acl recoveries? Seems like it's taking longer this year for guys to get back than normal

Yea, it's very strange. I'm just going to chalk it up to playoff teams being cautious.

sedated
09-06-2016, 09:46 AM

Not what I'm reading. McCarthy says he won't have any limitations:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-jordy-nelson-full-go-for-sunday-s-opener-at/article_6af88457-6212-5162-8a85-590c569c600a.html

The parallel I could see is that both Charles and Nelson are on teams expecting to make deep runs in the playoffs, and both are deep at the position in question.

The Franchise
09-06-2016, 09:52 AM
We really have no need to rush Charles back. Ware is a capable starter in this offense, West (although somewhat injured) and Davis are good enough backups.

O.city
09-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Not what I'm reading. McCarthy says he won't have any limitations:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-jordy-nelson-full-go-for-sunday-s-opener-at/article_6af88457-6212-5162-8a85-590c569c600a.html

The parallel I could see is that both Charles and Nelson are on teams expecting to make deep runs in the playoffs, and both are deep at the position in question.

I just saw a mention of something on twitter about it, didn't really research much.

I'm guessing that's the issue, with teams being cautious

Lzen
09-06-2016, 11:08 AM
Mike McCoy's been a questionable coach at best and the defense is lacking talent.

Of course, anything can happen in the NFL but this one shouldn't even be close, especially Week 1 at Arrowhead.

This is a good point. McCoy is not a good coach, IMO. That could and should make a big difference.

Lzen
09-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Broncos 24, Panthers 10

Panthers 49, Arizona 15

KC 30, Houston 0

And BOOM goes the dynamite!!

ROFL

O.city
09-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Dunno if any of you turds read it, but Mellinger has them at 9 and 7 this year. Picked the game by game etc.

CoMoChief
09-06-2016, 05:09 PM
I think we're going to score A LOT of pts Sunday. 30+

I also think the defense will let up a lot too. If Tamba is limited and scrubs like Zombo and Dee Ford are taking majority of the snaps, I'm not sure where the Chiefs pass rush is going to come from? Will they have the balls to put in Dadi Nicolas to see what he can do? The Dline? How much will Chris Jones play? Rivers is a good QB, and they have Keenan Allen back, who loves to shit on our secondary. It's Marcus Peters time right now to shine, and improve on a great rookie season. Will Gaines get torched all season long? How fast can Eric Berry get up to speed, not being in "football shape" etc. He's going to get sore and tired. I just hope he doesn't get injured. Peters and Berry need to light it up this year in order for the defense to hang out at the top of the NFL rankings. Run defense didn't look great in the preseason, to put it lightly. But it's the preseason so wtf knows.

33-28 Chiefs

DaneMcCloud
09-06-2016, 05:12 PM

LMAO

HGH testing

DaneMcCloud
09-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Dunno if any of you turds read it, but Mellinger has them at 9 and 7 this year. Picked the game by game etc.

Mellinger's a fine writer but a fucking idiot when it comes to predictions, regardless of the sport.

He always picks the floor instead of the ceiling so that he doesn't embarrass himself, which is cowardly.

He's basically saying that at worst, the Chiefs are 9-7 but if the secondary and pass rush are better than expected (i.e., floor), 11-5/12-4 will be their record.

He's got no balls.

DaneMcCloud
09-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Yea, it's very strange. I'm just going to chalk it up to playoff teams being cautious.

Seriously, it's the HGH testing.

Guys were returning at incredible rates, none more so than Terrell Suggs and his Achilles tear.

The Al Jerzerra report and frequent testing has scared these guys shitless, so we're back to "normal" recovery times, not superhuman recovery times.

O.city
09-06-2016, 08:41 PM

Guys were returning at incredible rates, none more so than Terrell Suggs and his Achilles tear.

The Al Jerzerra report and frequent testing has scared these guys shitless, so we're back to "normal" recovery times, not superhuman recovery times.

Really makes you wonder.

I think they should be able to take HGH to recover

staylor26
09-06-2016, 08:53 PM

Didn't really think about that, but it makes sense.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Really makes you wonder.

Absolutely

staylor26
09-06-2016, 08:58 PM
It figures that when the Chiefs need speedy recoveries more than ever, they're no longer realistic.

Because Chiefs.

DaneMcCloud
09-06-2016, 08:58 PM
Really makes you wonder.

No wondering on this end.

:D

Stem cell injections can only do so much.

That said, as I've said for decades, steroids, HGH and other substances should be allowed under medical supervision, if for nothing else but to protect the players.

O.city
09-06-2016, 09:04 PM
No wondering on this end.

:D

Stem cell injections can only do so much.

That said, as I've said for decades, steroids, HGH and other substances should be allowed under medical supervision, if for nothing else but to protect the players.

I dint really have an opinion on strength enhancement like ateroids, but in terms of recovery from Injury, absolutely.

I still wonder if they're doing it but just cycling it right, however I know nothing about how to do any of that

RunKC
09-06-2016, 09:20 PM
It figures that when the Chiefs need speedy recoveries more than ever, they're no longer realistic.

Because Chiefs.

Won't matter if Dee Ford proves he isn't a bust. We'll see Sunday

Pasta Little Brioni
09-06-2016, 09:23 PM
How else could Frankenforehead have come back from thar injury and play in pile high?

BossChief
09-07-2016, 06:37 AM
How else could Frankenforehead have come back from thar injury and play in pile high?

Geez man.

Just let it go.

You care way too much about Denver.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-07-2016, 07:05 AM
Zip it and stop being a tool. I will post what i want. I don't call out your pathetic humble brags. Those are sad.

TEX
09-07-2016, 07:30 AM

Um....since the HGH was "his wife's," she probably used them so she could super motivate him through his intense rehab. :rolleyes:

Pasta Little Brioni
09-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Um....since the HGH was "his wife's," she probably used them so she could super motivate him through his intense rehab. :rolleyes:

Don't you dare insinuate anything negative about the Broncos!!

jjchieffan
09-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Guessing at gameday inactives for Sunday. If I'm right then Nicholas will be active and hopefully getting some opportunities. I would love to see him get his first sack on Rivers.

Bray-3rd QB
JC - Not ready to go
Witzmann- Not familiar with the offense yet
O'Shaggs- 4 TE not needed
Robinson-Not likely he sees the field if active
Russell-Not ready to play
Williams- Surely we won't dress 6 DL

staylor26
09-07-2016, 04:42 PM
I believe Nunez-Roches would be the inactive DL.

jjchieffan
09-07-2016, 04:52 PM
Maybe so. I just figured that he is a little further along than Williams at this point.

KChiefs1
09-07-2016, 09:18 PM
https://youtu.be/8dcDyMBLgWk

O.city
09-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Every pundit seems to just write in the pats and steelers as the top dogs in the afc, with the chiefs broncos and Bengals next or so that's what Im seeing.

My question is, why ne and pitt? I know NE has belicheck, but how do they plan to rush the passer? That defense looks ok, but nothing special anymore. Now, I know belicheck is belicheck and the division is meh, but man.

Same with pitt.

Those 2 qbs may carry each team to the land of milk and honey, but damn.

Rausch
09-08-2016, 08:44 AM
Every pundit seems to just write in the pats and steelers as the top dogs in the afc, with the chiefs broncos and Bengals next or so that's what Im seeing.

Let them.

The Pats and Steelers D's are suffering right now. Pats will be lucky to go 2-2 over the first four. The Steelers are the 2003 Chiefs - able to win or lose any game due to a bad defense.

O.city
09-08-2016, 08:46 AM
And I get the down on the chiefs a bit, with the injuries and new faces.

But damn

Rausch
09-08-2016, 08:49 AM
And I get the down on the chiefs a bit, with the injuries and new faces.

But damn

I'm not sure what you mean...

O.city
09-08-2016, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure what you mean...

No houston, aging hali, question marks in the defensive secondary etc.

If Houston were healthy and breathing fore from day 1, I'd be pretty much locked in. I think we still have a shot to be good and then great when he comes back though

RunKC
09-08-2016, 08:55 AM

My question is, why ne and pitt? I know NE has belicheck, but how do they plan to rush the passer? That defense looks ok, but nothing special anymore. Now, I know belicheck is belicheck and the division is meh, but man.

Same with pitt.

Those 2 qbs may carry each team to the land of milk and honey, but damn.

8 of the last 13 SB's have had the Steelers or Pats representing the AFC.

Big Ben, Manning and Brady have been the only AFC QB's in the SB since 2003, except Flacco with the 2013 Ravens as the outlier.

O.city
09-08-2016, 09:21 AM

Big Ben, Manning and Brady have been the only AFC QB's in the SB since 2003, except Flacco with the 2013 Ravens as the outlier.

That's true and with big ben and brady, they'll still have a chance.

But defensively both teams aren't what they have been or so it seems.

Discuss Thrower
09-08-2016, 09:22 AM
#Parity

KChiefs1
09-08-2016, 09:26 AM

That's why every expert is picking New England or Pittsburgh to go to the Super Bowl.

RunKC
09-08-2016, 10:21 AM
Steelers and Pats don't just have QB's. They are ran really really well from the top.

Steelers aren't as scary this year with all of their losses, but NE with Bennett and Gronk are very scary.