PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Broncos

Chief_For_Life58
09-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Someone just told me that he heard elway and manning are trying to make a play to buy the broncos from Bowlen right now. Makes sense - wouldn't surprise me

BossChief
09-05-2016, 11:34 AM
That used care salesmen is gonna try to offer $80 and a used Corolla for the team and take advantage of a man on his death bed.

Chiefshrink
09-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Who is someone ? Yes there has been some rumor talk of that locally.

Dunerdr
09-05-2016, 11:36 AM
I also would like to put a bid in on the donkos. First order of business name change to the donkeys. Second order of business cash check from the Clarke,Davis and crafts to not be contenders ever. Third order of business lunch with Jerry jones and Jim irsay to learn how to run a team.

Chief_For_Life58
09-05-2016, 11:42 AM
That used care salesmen is gonna try to offer $80 and a used Corolla for the team and take advantage of a man on his death bed.

Daughters probably don't want it and the family offered the franchise to Elway back in the 2000s I think but he decided against it....?

wazu
09-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Don't you have to be a billionaire to buy an NFL team these days?

FlaChief58
09-05-2016, 12:33 PM

The donkeys are great at manipulating the numbers. Horseface will pay tree-fiddy and a bucket of the finest horse manure in town

alpha_omega
09-05-2016, 12:38 PM

I was thinking the same. Those guys don't have THAT kind of $, do they?

BlackOp
09-05-2016, 12:39 PM

Horseface will just get the players to pay for it....I guess that explains tanking this season. Driving down the value...

Chiefshrink
09-05-2016, 12:40 PM

Don't kid yourself they have invested well and if they do they won't be the sole owners it will be a group.

Chiefshrink
09-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Horseface will just get the players to pay for it....I guess that explains tanking this season. Driving down the value...

No, 'the fans' !!:rolleyes:

Chief_For_Life58
09-05-2016, 01:01 PM
It's like buying a house, you pay the down payment and finance the rest

DaFace
09-05-2016, 01:30 PM
"Someone."

Sounds legit.

Mile High Mania
09-05-2016, 01:35 PM

ROFL

There's a plan in place for them to select a Bowlen heir to run the team, but I doubt there's a plan in place to sell the team. I don't know where Elway and Manning would find two billion dollars, but good luck with that one.

Quesadilla Joe
09-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Beth Bowlen will most likely be the next owner of the Broncos.

Bwana
09-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Don't kid yourself they have invested well and if they do they won't be the sole owners it will be a group.

Elway could be a lot richer if he would of taken Bowlen up on his offer in 1998. No way does he have the money to buy half the team at this point.

Unlike some former players, John Elway has done pretty well for himself after retiring from the NFL. He’s worth an estimated $145 million (http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/the-7-wealthiest-nfl-players-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall), in part because of his lucrative investments in car dealerships and other businesses. Yet the former Bronco isn’t immune to financial foibles. In 2010, it was revealed Elway was one of dozens of people who had sunk millions into a Ponzi scheme. He invested $15 million and lost at least $7 million, ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/john-elway-missed-fortune/story?id=36701341) reported.

The loss is even more galling when you consider the golden investment opportunity Elway passed on a few years earlier. In 1998, he said ‘no’ when Broncos owner Pat Bowlen offered to sell him a 10% stake in the team for $15 million, plus another 10% in exchange for foregoing the deferred salary he was owed. By 2015, that 20% stake would have been worth about $388 million.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/5-famous-nfl-players-who-lost-their-fortunes.html/?a=viewall

Red Dawg
09-05-2016, 01:49 PM

They would need investors.

SAUTO
09-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Elway could be a lot richer if he would of taken Bowlen up on his offer in 1998. No way does he have the money to buy half the team at this point.

Unlike some former players, John Elway has done pretty well for himself after retiring from the NFL. He’s worth an estimated $145 million (http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/the-7-wealthiest-nfl-players-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall), in part because of his lucrative investments in car dealerships and other businesses. Yet the former Bronco isn’t immune to financial foibles. In 2010, it was revealed Elway was one of dozens of people who had sunk millions into a Ponzi scheme. He invested $15 million and lost at least $7 million, ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/john-elway-missed-fortune/story?id=36701341) reported.

The loss is even more galling when you consider the golden investment opportunity Elway passed on a few years earlier. In 1998, he said ‘no’ when Broncos owner Pat Bowlen offered to sell him a 10% stake in the team for $15 million, plus another 10% in exchange for foregoing the deferred salary he was owed. By 2015, that 20% stake would have been worth about $388 million.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/5-famous-nfl-players-who-lost-their-fortunes.html/?a=viewall
Dumb fuck.

I was coming here to post that. Lol

Bwana
09-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Dumb ****.

I was coming here to post that. Lol

Yeah he pumped the pooch on that one.

Discuss Thrower
09-05-2016, 02:19 PM
A football team might be the worst billion dollars one could ever invest in.

SAUTO
09-05-2016, 02:24 PM

Really? Why?

notorious
09-05-2016, 02:32 PM

He passed based on inside information about a huge game-fixing scandal during their SB years that would decimate the NFL. /Blackplop

FlaChief58
09-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Really? Why?

This. Even if you suck as an owner and put a shit show on the field, it's nearly impossible to lose money owning a franchise. I'm hoping that was sarcasm...

MMXcalibur
09-05-2016, 02:51 PM
I'd like to buy the team, move them to Grand Forks, purposely make them the worst football team ever, and do all this while advertising their games in the Colorado area.

RobBlake
09-05-2016, 02:57 PM

:hmmm:

Discuss Thrower
09-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Really? Why?

Oh i dunno.. The fact that the sport directly leads to brain damage in most of its players?

Bwana
09-05-2016, 03:06 PM

Between 2014 and 2015 the average value of an NFL football team went up 38%. Not a bad investment.

Bowser
09-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Oh i dunno.. The fact that the sport directly leads to brain damage in most of its players?

So it's a MORALLY bad investment, just not a FINANCIALLY bad investment.

Rain Man
09-05-2016, 03:18 PM
I have no doubt that there was an under-the-table deal in the works to give Manning a cheap buy-in. That's why he went to Denver. And I'm sure Elway has had the same offer on the table. That's what cheaters do.

Discuss Thrower
09-05-2016, 03:18 PM
So it's a MORALLY bad investment, just not a FINANCIALLY bad investment.

Morality is a normative argument and it's not one I'm making to start with.

But there's going to be fewer and fewer kids and young adults playing which will diminish the pool of top flight athletes to pull from and therefore diminish the product.

Add in the effect fewer kids playing the sport will have in the interest in it as well.

The only pro sport I'd think is a worthwhile investment would be an NBA team. It's the only American sport that has global appeal and is also cheap to play and learn. The NFL would be the least but hockey being managed by a ****man commissioner and having almost no appeal to the world keeps football above them.

The dance between both the professional and college leagues and the networks is going to be interesting. Espn has been killing Disney's profitability because it can't sell enough ads to justify handing the NFL a billion dollars for 18 watered down football games.

jjchieffan
09-05-2016, 03:25 PM

Sounds like the kind of scam that cheating scumbag like horseface would get involved in. I'm glad that he lost his ass. At least once in his life he didn't succeed by cheating.

FlaChief58
09-05-2016, 03:34 PM
Sounds like the kind of scam that cheating scumbag like horseface would get involved in. I'm glad that he lost his ass. At least once in his life he didn't succeed by cheating.

When you're worth 145 mil, I doubt losing 7 mil forced him to start eating Rahman noodles

Rain Man
09-05-2016, 03:39 PM
When you're worth 145 mil, I doubt losing 7 mil forced him to start eating Rahman noodles

You gotta start somewhere.

Chief_For_Life58
09-05-2016, 03:50 PM
They only need around 500 mill then they finance the rest

jjchieffan
09-05-2016, 04:06 PM

Didn't say it did. Just glad to see that cheater lose. Speaking of that. I wish they had the line of scrimmage on the TV back when he played, He got away with more passes when he was across the line of scrimmage. With the line on the screen for everyone to see, there's no way that the refs could look past it like they did back then.

FlaChief58
09-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Didn't say it did. Just glad to see that cheater lose. Speaking of that. I wish they had the line of scrimmage on the TV back when he played, He got away with more passes when he was across the line of scrimmage. With the line on the screen for everyone to see, there's no way that the refs could look past it like they did back then.

I'm with you,, but my point is that he and the Donkeys have a tendency to fall in shit and come out smelling like roses

oldman
09-05-2016, 05:37 PM

They'll get that scumbag Papa John to kick in half with pizzas.
Seriously, if Manning and Elway become the owners, the Donks will vault over the Raiders as my most hated team ever.

NJChiefsFan
09-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Beth Bowlen will most likely be the next owner of the Broncos.

Any relation?

Rain Man
09-05-2016, 09:34 PM
They only need around 500 mill then they finance the rest

If you put it on your credit card, you get enough frequent flyer miles to go to every road game for the whole time you own the team.

KChiefs1
09-05-2016, 10:05 PM

I wouldn't really being worrying about my investment with an NFL team. It would be my hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mile High Mania
09-05-2016, 10:22 PM
I have no doubt that there was an under-the-table deal in the works to give Manning a cheap buy-in. That's why he went to Denver. And I'm sure Elway has had the same offer on the table. That's what cheaters do.

And, they're funneling the money through Papa Johns and legal pot sales... I mean, Manning goes to Denver - they legalize pot, he buys several PJ franchises and they just happen to be the official pizza of the NFL.

ClevelandBronco
09-05-2016, 11:31 PM

I wonder how much of his dough Janet walked away with. A divorce here, a Ponzi scheme there and suddenly you only have enough money to set up four generations after you.

Rain Man
09-05-2016, 11:57 PM
And, they're funneling the money through Papa Johns and legal pot sales... I mean, Manning goes to Denver - they legalize pot, he buys several PJ franchises and they just happen to be the official pizza of the NFL.

I'm pretty sure the pot sales are going through Von Miller and Aqib Talib, so I think Manning is just involved with the pizza.

threebag
09-06-2016, 03:32 AM
And HGH

threebag
09-06-2016, 03:33 AM
They could resale the stadium naming rights. Some Shit at Mile HiHGH