PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Another Home Opener Nowhere Near Sold Out - What Gives?

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Can someone in KC explain this to me? Everyone is drinking the Kool-Aid and claiming this is a 13-14 win team, yet we can't sell out our Home Opener?

This has happened every year of the Reid/Dorsey era. They'll claim it's a sellout, but there are a LOT of seats still available.

Hell, if you want to take 20 friends there are entire rows of seats in the lower bowl.

It's zoomed out to cover as much ground as possible - but those blue dots are available seats. Crazy.

http://i67.tinypic.com/k3awwx.png
http://i68.tinypic.com/33jnuix.png

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Great seats still available!

Discuss Thrower
09-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Tough economic times.

Nickhead
09-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Tough economic times.

you see it first in the middle states, and it works its way out from the center. is this a future trend?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2016, 04:59 PM
I have a theory.

But Imma' keep it to myself.

BigRedChief
09-09-2016, 05:01 PM
I had season tickets for 13 years. My 3 seats went from $800 during the Montana era to $3300. That's way greater increase above the inflation rate. I'm sure ticket prices have gotten worse.

The NFL squeezes every dime out of everything. Their money is made with TV. They should lower ticket prices to help fans afford their product.

CaliforniaChief
09-09-2016, 05:05 PM
I'd be curious to know if this is a league-wide trend. My guess would be that the at-home NFL experience is preferable because:

1. Comfort and convenience
2. Cost
3. Easier for people to track their fantasy teams. And yeah, people care about that.

I mean, if I had to pay just $40 for the privilege of BBQ'ing in a parking lot where I had to wait in line for a nasty port-a-potty as opposed to slow cooking in the backyard and sitting in the comfort of my home? Yeah, Arrowhead is an experience. But still..

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2016, 05:05 PM
I had season tickets for 13 years. My 3 seats went from $800 during the Montana era to $3300. I'm sure ticket prices have gotten worse.

The NFL squeezes every dime out of everything. Their money is made with TV. They should lower ticket prices to help fans afford their product.

Ticket prices have only gotten crazy in the club section and sidelines between the 20's.

My first set of ST's were in 333/Row 9. Tickets were $78 a piece. This was in 2004.

I can get those same seats now for $38, IIRC. Seats in the front row of that section are like $55.

notorious
09-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Big screen at home. No lines to the bathroom. No parking issues.

It is a legitimate pain in the ass to go to a game.

stevieray
09-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Ticket prices have only gotten crazy in the club section and sidelines between the 20's.

My first set of ST's were in 333/Row 9. Tickets were $78 a piece. This was in 2004.

I can get those same seats now for $38, IIRC. Seats in the front row of that section are like $55.

Row 3 on the aisle for 60 for me.

BigRedChief
09-09-2016, 05:10 PM

That's good to hear. :clap:

We paid $55 for our Chiefs group to visit ATL and sit in the top
Level 20 rows up 20 years line.

TLO
09-09-2016, 05:11 PM
CHEFUS!

BigCatDaddy
09-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Ill say it. Lack of star power at the QB position and lack of excitement on offense.

Titty Meat
09-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Parking almost costs as much as tickets do, tickets are expensive, and the traffic sucks. I think this is part of the reason why the NBA wouldn't work here.

RealSNR
09-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Who was that asshole who bitched about KC not having their football stadium downtown?

Titty Meat
09-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Who was that asshole who bitched about KC not having their football stadium downtown?

Kevin Keitzman? The Royals should have built a downtown park there's nothing impressive about the K

LoneWolf
09-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Kevin Keitzman? The Royals should have built a downtown park there's nothing impressive about the K

The K is one of the best and most visually appealing ballparks in MLB. You are a dumbass on every subject.

FloridaMan88
09-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Attending an NFL game in person: Overpriced concessions, drunk dumbshits standing directly in front of where you are sitting the entire game, fat dumbshits in your aisle forcing you to get up every 5 seconds as they get yet another helping of beer/hot dogs/nachos.

Watching a game at home: Big screen TV + NFL Sunday Ticket.

Not hard to figure out why attendance at NFL games is suffering across the country with the exception of a few cities.

Hydrae
09-09-2016, 07:28 PM
That's good to hear. :clap:

We paid $55 for our Chiefs group to visit ATL and sit in the top
Level 20 rows up 20 years line.

I am paying $70 for upper level end zone tickets in Houston and it looks like is about as good as it gets for that game.

R Clark
09-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Ill say it. Lack of star power at the QB position and lack of excitement on offense.

You could be right,But Iam not buying it.Put it this way it's not what's keeping me at home nor do I think it's the reason for others

LoneWolf
09-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Attending an NFL game in person: Overpriced concessions, drunk dumbshits standing directly in front of where you are sitting the entire game, fat dumbshits in your aisle forcing you to get up every 5 seconds as they get yet another helping of beer/hot dogs/nachos.

Watching a game at home: Big screen TV + NFL Sunday Ticket.

Not hard to figure out why attendance at NFL games is suffering across the country with the exception of a few cities.

Who buys concessions at a football game? Who sits down at a football game except during timeouts and halftime?

It's probably better you stay home and watch the game. It's a lot easier to change out your tampon in the comfort of your own home.

BigCatDaddy
09-09-2016, 07:34 PM
You could be right,But Iam not buying it.Put it this way it's not what's keeping me at home nor do I think it's the reason for others

It isnt the only reason but it is part. It is a solid but unexciting team.

FloridaMan88
09-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Who buys concessions at a football game? Who sits down at a football game except during timeouts and halftime?

It's probably better you stay home and watch the game. It's a lot easier to change out your tampon in the comfort of your own home.

Spoken like a sucker who is still willing to pay an arm and a leg for the shitty experience of attending an NFL game.

Big screen TV + NFL Sunday Ticket is better.

R Clark
09-09-2016, 07:38 PM
It isnt the only reason but it is part. It is a solid but unexciting team.

Mabey but you know the Marty years were far from an exciting of a team and we're always sold out.

DMAC
09-09-2016, 07:38 PM
NFL has turned lame, and many now find it boring.

FloridaMan88
09-09-2016, 07:39 PM
The K is one of the best and most visually appealing ballparks in MLB. You are a dumbass on every subject.

Not really. The outfield wall with all the digital ad displays looks like a minor league ballpark.

LoneWolf
09-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Spoken like a sucker who is still willing to pay an arm and a leg for the shitty experience of attending an NFL game.

Big screen TV + NFL Sunday Ticket is better.

Your definition of an arm and a leg must be different than mine. If you think watching a football game live is a shitty experience, maybe you are the problem.

BigCatDaddy
09-09-2016, 07:41 PM
Mabey but you know the Marty years were far from an exciting of a team and we're always sold out.

The winning was new and fresh then so it was exciting.

LoneWolf
09-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Not really. The outfield wall with all the digital ad displays looks like a minor league ballpark.

Most people disagree.

FloridaMan88
09-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Your definition of an arm and a leg must be different than mine. If you think watching a football game live is a shitty experience, maybe you are the problem.

You are clearly proud to admit to being a sucker.

Congrats. You are Roger Goodell's wet dream.

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2016, 07:44 PM
No one cares if you have a decent team if they are perceived as not having enough to win it all.

R Clark
09-09-2016, 07:46 PM
The winning was new and fresh then so it was exciting.

You got that right.Heavy on the new

Marcellus
09-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Went to the sight to look at buying tickets and its just a few seats here there and around in each section.

Sure its not 100% sold out but I would guess 85-90% are sold.

Ming the Merciless

Well...The marty years were exciting because there was a feeling we would win a superbowl. We consistently fielded excellent teams....

And personally it was exciting. It was in your face smash mouth football. It was we are going to line up and running the ball....dare you to stop us.

Maybe that brand of football isn't as exciting as the greatest show on turf but those years you just KNEW the Chiefs were going to the playoffs

Sweet Daddy Hate
It appears my theory I'mma keep to myself is not limited to my own exceptional thought processeeeese....

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Well...The marty years were exciting because there was a feeling we would win a superbowl. We consistently fielded excellent teams....

And personally it was exciting. It was in your face smash mouth football. It was we are going to line up and running the ball....dare you to stop us.

Maybe that brand of football isn't as exciting as the greatest show on turf but those years you just KNEW the Chiefs were going to the playoffs

Not to mention defense actually meant something and had deadly potential.

Every week!

DJ's left nut
09-09-2016, 07:52 PM
You are clearly proud to admit to being a sucker.

Congrats. You are Roger Goodell's wet dream.

Nah, he's right.

You're just a dusty old pussy.

Thanks for staying home; trust me - nobody at that stadium misses you.

FloridaMan88
09-09-2016, 07:53 PM
Nah, he's right.

You're just a dusty old pussy.

Thanks for staying home; trust me - nobody at that stadium misses you.

Nah, actually it is Millenials who are NOT attending NFL games in growing #'s.

It is the old dumbshits who are still willing to blindly pay for a shitty game day experience.

Spott
09-09-2016, 07:54 PM
I will probably never watch another game in person. I can see more of the game on tv, as well as being able to see the other games going on with the Sunday ticket. Watching the game on a big screen beats paying through the nose for parking, tickets and concessions, dealing with drunk idiots in the stands, and sitting in the cold weather for hours on end.

-King-
09-09-2016, 07:57 PM
No one cares if you have a decent team if they are perceived as not having enough to win it all.

Attendance is down league wide. Kinda has to do with 50+ inch TVs being ridiculously cheap and the home game day experience being so good. Nothing to do with the Chiefs themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why Not?
09-09-2016, 07:58 PM
I will probably never watch another game in person. I can see more of the game on tv, as well as being able to see the other games going on with the Sunday ticket. Watching the game on a big screen beats paying through the nose for parking, tickets and concessions, dealing with drunk idiots in the stands, and sitting in the cold weather for hours on end.

I won't say never, but I'm pretty close to with you on this. With fantasy football, bets on games, and the comfort and access from home, going is just not a priority for me. Plus, there's no way I'm exposing my young sons the the POS fan base that makes up a decent sized portion of NFL attendees.

Eureka
09-09-2016, 08:03 PM
It must be lack of hype for the team. As a STH for the Raiders this year was the first year I couldn't buy extra tickets for any games. The Raiders are def being hyped up this year. The Chiefs have a great product on the field as a team but no really hyped stars in the league.

I have front row endzone seats and pay only $63 per, still.

LoneWolf
09-09-2016, 08:03 PM
I can see more of the game on tv.

This is simply not true.

Marcellus
09-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Probably because SD is so irrelevant.

Spott
09-09-2016, 08:06 PM
I won't say never, but I'm pretty close to with you on this. With fantasy football, bets on games, and the comfort and access from home, going is just not a priority for me. Plus, there's no way I'm exposing my young sons the the POS fan base that makes up a decent sized portion of NFL attendees.

It probably doesn't help matters that the last games I went to were in Jacksonville, which is pretty much just one big white trash mecca. I would go to those games and be amazed that the fans there could even afford tickets. Sitting around a bunch of drunk rednecks that were constantly yelling inane crap during the game got really old, really quick.

Red Dawg
09-09-2016, 08:06 PM

I agree. An elite QB gives a team the SB possibility every year and the fans will come. It's not like stadium will be empty.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2016, 08:07 PM
The glory days of the league are well past. The bland, ballless, defense-killing, dink and dunking shit-show that Goodell has safe-spaced in to reality, is a tired old rez horse that should be taken gently to the watering hole and shot dead.

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Attendance is down league wide. Kinda has to do with 50+ inch TVs being ridiculously cheap and the home game day experience being so good. Nothing to do with the Chiefs themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yah im sure a top end QB or a home playoff win wouldn't help...:rolleyes:

Spott
09-09-2016, 08:08 PM
This is simply not true.

Yeah it is. I see every play, as well as plays from all of the other games. There's even a rewind feature so I can watch it again with a the punch of a button on my remote.

Candiru
Who buys concessions at a football game?

Those of us with a drinking problem

staylor26

Yet multiple people on ESPN picked us to go to the SB this year.

BigCatDaddy
09-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Probably because SD is so irrelevant.

For a few exceptions like Steelers, Pack, Pats, and Cowboys the Chargers and as relevant as most which is not very.

jspchief
09-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Cost is a factor for me, as well as the uncertainty with the new parking situation. For years I knew that if I arrived early enough, at a certain gate, I could drive directly to the grass spot I liked. Now I have no idea what bullshit I'll have to deal with.

Another factor is concessions. Yes, I occasionally like to buy the overpriced crap inside. But the whole Aramark/mold thing has really turned me off.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Built the stadium too big for the market. 65k should be the size.

Marcellus
09-09-2016, 08:11 PM
LMAO at the morons blaming Alex Smith for lack of ticket sales.

The same usual idiots.

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Yet multiple people on ESPN picked us to go to the SB this year.

That must've made your day, champ.

When your two dads tucked you in , did you wait until you heard them snoring to masturbate furiously to the NFL preview magazine or did you start right when the door shut?

Marcellus
09-09-2016, 08:13 PM
That must've made your day, champ.

When your two dads tucked you in , did you wait until you heard them snoring to masturbate furiously to the NFL preview magazine or did you start right when the door shut?

Did you realize the exact moment you became a total worthless douchebag of a poster or did it just sneak up on you?

BigCatDaddy
09-09-2016, 08:17 PM

The same usual idiots.

Im not blaming him but he isn't a draw. I don't want to get into the how good he is debate but he isn't a guy you are dying to see play in person. The offense isnt exciting and the league neutered exciting defensive play.

FloridaMan88
09-09-2016, 08:17 PM

The same usual idiots.

Alex Smith isn't any less exciting than the likes of Steve Bono, Dave Krieg and Elvis Grbac (and Arrowhead was filled when all of those QB's played for the Chiefs).

It is a different era. The experience of watching NFL games at home has never been better... HD TV's, NFL Sunday Ticket, fantasy football, etc.

The Chiefs could have Peyton Manning in his prime at QB and the Greatest Show on Turf offense and it wouldn't change the macro dynamics that are causing a general decline in attendance at most NFL and college football stadiums.

KChiefs1
09-09-2016, 08:18 PM
It's the Royals Effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2016, 08:21 PM
It's the Royals Effect

I used my money that went to Chiefs Season tickets and used on going to more Royals and Cardinals games. Better bang for my buck plus those franchises actually win championships.

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Did you realize the exact moment you became a total worthless douchebag of a poster or did it just sneak up on you?

You know what , you're right...

The lack of selling out a home opener has nothing to.do with the product on the field....

And Trump losing YUGE in november will have nothing to do with him being a shitty candidate.

More people really should buy zubaz pants because they're awesome

Marcellus
09-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Im not blaming him but he isn't a draw. I don't want to get into the how good he is debate but he isn't a guy you are dying to see play in person. The offense isnt exciting and the league neutered exciting defensive play.

Winning is a draw.

I agree a new rookie QB with the pedigree of someone like Luck would sell tickets for a minute but its not going to last if winning doesn't last.

Like I said, I went to the websight to look at whats available and its not much really. Tons of single seats and a scattering of 2's and 3's.

Its not like they wont have a full crowd, its just never going to be like the 90's again because of HDTV.

FloridaMan88
09-09-2016, 08:25 PM
You know what , you're right...

The lack of selling out a home opener has nothing to.do with the product on the field....

The product on the field is worse or more boring than some of the team's the Chiefs had in the 1990's that still played in front of sold out crowds?

Alex Smith is more boring than Steve Bono?

JimBaker48.8
09-09-2016, 08:30 PM
So everyone buys tickets to come hate the Broncos and Raiders but SD does not inspire the same kinda passions ?

kcpasco
09-09-2016, 09:03 PM
If I lived anywhere close to KC I would buy a ticket, but I'm up here in Washington.

-King-
09-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Yah im sure a top end QB or a home playoff win wouldn't help...:rolleyes:
It would help but attendance IS down league wide. This isn't even an arguable statement.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane
09-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Tough economic times.

No these are great times, the product is lacking and over priced. Simple economics.

Titty Meat
09-09-2016, 09:07 PM
I used my money that went to Chiefs Season tickets and used on going to more Royals and Cardinals games. Better bang for my buck plus those franchises actually win championships.

I guess everyone's different. I have more fun at Missouri Maverick games than I do at Royals games.

Dave Lane
09-09-2016, 09:08 PM

Ding ding ding.

Pointer19
09-09-2016, 09:10 PM
I'd be an STH again if I could make it to more than one or two games a season. I hate seeing empty seats at the game. I wish I could've made it out when we were packed houses every week before we all would rather sit on the couch than in the stands.

kcpasco
09-09-2016, 09:13 PM
I've only got to see the team live last time they were in Seattle. I really want to see the team in KC but the cost of a ticket and airfare is really damn expensive. I told the wife if they ever make the Super Bowl I'm dipping into savings though.

RunKC
09-09-2016, 09:14 PM

These are truly the worst kind of fans.

C3HIEF3S
09-09-2016, 09:16 PM

Can't say I can blame people on spending their money on viewing successful franchises.

BigCatDaddy
09-09-2016, 09:20 PM

Why?

RunKC
09-09-2016, 09:20 PM
Can't say I can blame people on spending their money on viewing successful franchises.

It's more so for being a Royals and Cardinals fan.

BigCatDaddy
09-09-2016, 09:21 PM
It's more so for being a Royals and Cardinals fan.

Im cool with that as long as if you are from KC the Royals come before the Cards.

kcpasco
09-09-2016, 09:22 PM
I don't think Chiefscountry is a Cardinals fan, he just respects successful franchises.

Titty Meat
09-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Bigdaddy, big dawg mouth full of gold big loud I was getting rolled

kcpasco
09-09-2016, 09:27 PM
The team really needs to prove to their fans this year they are for real.

kgrund
09-09-2016, 09:46 PM
It's the Royals Effect

I don't think so. Royals win series and are middle of the pack in MLB attendance. Nothing to write home about after winning a crown.

Prison Bitch
09-09-2016, 09:47 PM
Big screen at home. No lines to the bathroom. No parking issues.

It is a legitimate pain in the ass to go to a game.

D
V
R

BossChief
09-09-2016, 09:51 PM
The Chiefs have some of the cheapest tickets of any football team.

Cost isn't an issue.

It's that the fanbase is bored. Offense sells tickets and defense wins championships...the offense is boring to casual fans...so tickets aren't selling.

And who can blame em?

Cassel and Alex Smith are what the franchise has given us for nearly a decade and they are boring QBs...although Alex is becoming more and more fun to watch, he still has that game manager moniker until he develops a pattern of superior play.

It is what it is.

Titty Meat
09-09-2016, 09:52 PM

Cost isn't an issue.

It's that the fanbase is bored. Offense sells tickets and defense wins championships...the offense is boring to casual fans...so tickets aren't selling.

And who can blame em?

Cassel and Alex Smith are boring QBs...although Alex is becoming more and more fun to watch, he still has that game manager moniker until he develops a pattern of superior play.

It is what it is.

2 lower level tickets with parking food and drinks is atleast 300 dollars. That's alot for alot of people.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2016, 09:57 PM
2 lower level tickets with parking food and drinks is atleast 300 dollars. That's alot for alot of people.

That doesn't cover the cost of ONE Dodgers game

Titty Meat
09-09-2016, 10:00 PM

I know you guys are so God damn expensive. I had an offer from a friend to move to San Diego 6 years ago but couldn't afford it. I kick myself every winter.

Discuss Thrower
09-09-2016, 10:16 PM

Cost isn't an issue.

And who can blame em?

Cassel and Alex Smith are what the franchise has given us for nearly a decade and they are boring QBs...although Alex is becoming more and more fun to watch, he still has that game manager moniker until he develops a pattern of superior play.

It is what it is.

If people are bored by defense, why is Seattle not having attendance issues?

KChiefs1
09-09-2016, 10:18 PM
I remember the 90's when Arrowhead was the place to be.

Mojo Jojo
09-09-2016, 10:18 PM
alot is not a word, and we wonder why people think we are red necks.

Discuss Thrower
09-09-2016, 10:20 PM
I remember the 90's when Arrowhead was the place to be.

Ain't never coming back, thanks to Pioli, HDTV and greed from the league as a whole.

Wish the NFL didn't takedown the YouTube video of the 1997 wild card game. Arrowhead being that loud was an actual advantage.

eDave
09-09-2016, 10:21 PM
alot is not a word, and we wonder why people think we are red necks.

ROFL

BigRedChief
09-09-2016, 10:22 PM
The team really needs to prove to their fans this year they are for real.that first playoff win in 20+ years felt pretty real to me.:)

kcpasco
09-09-2016, 10:25 PM
that first playoff win in 20+ years felt pretty real to me.:)

They could start by not losing their opening home game to SD in which they are favored by a TD.

Tombstone RJ
09-09-2016, 10:27 PM
I have a theory.

I got the same theory... And it ain't rocket science.

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2016, 10:32 PM
It would help but attendance IS down league wide. This isn't even an arguable statement.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure its arguable.

We can look and see which NFL openers sold out...

Denver/Carolina was sold out...

Just give it a day or two and we can see how many didnt sell out the opener.

Bewbies
09-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Mark Cuban was right. You're just seeing the beginning of it.

-King-
09-09-2016, 10:51 PM
Sure its arguable.

We can look and see which NFL openers sold out...

Denver/Carolina was sold out...

Just give it a day or two and we can see how many didnt sell out the opener.
Wait... The Superbowl winner sold out the season/home opener? No fucking way!

And no attendance going down is not arguable

https://businesssideofsports.com/2015/08/03/why-has-nfl-attendance-declined-by-over-2-million-fans-in-the-last-36-months/

And the Seahawks have available tickets too. Guess they're not winners either.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
09-09-2016, 11:01 PM

That's half of what it would cost to watch most other teams.

DRU
09-09-2016, 11:11 PM
I dumped my tickets this year because I finally sick of them stripping away my benefits I got with my seats each year. They weren't raising the price, but they were slowly taking away the value.

Also, the stadium experience as a whole has been crap compared to what it used to be. The parking changes, now the tailgate changes, among other things.

It's just tough to compete with waking up right before the game starts, watching on the big screen HD with surround sound (with Red Zone on a secondary display), and the changes they've made are going the opposite direction instead of enticing people to attend instead of staying home.

Titty Meat
09-09-2016, 11:58 PM
That's half of what it would cost to watch most other teams.

Who cares about other teams? Look at the what people make in those cities. Way more money. It's why we couldn't support an NBA team. Look KC is a great city with alot of great people and we are very prideful people the cost is living is great but the reality is we don't have as much money as most.

Titty Meat
09-09-2016, 11:59 PM
I dumped my tickets this year because I finally sick of them stripping away my benefits I got with my seats each year. They weren't raising the price, but they were slowly taking away the value.

Also, the stadium experience as a whole has been crap compared to what it used to be. The parking changes, now the tailgate changes, among other things.

It's just tough to compete with waking up right before the game starts, watching on the big screen HD with surround sound (with Red Zone on a secondary display), and the changes they've made are going the opposite direction instead of enticing people to attend instead of staying home.

I mean the 90s were the height of our greatness as fans but really what did they offer? A inflatable field goal thing by gate A? Tailgating is fun but they became naxos about it. Other than that there's not much to do at Arrowhead.

Bowser
09-10-2016, 12:16 AM
Some good points as to why so many tickets remain, but also don't underestimate the effect of the Chiefs squeezing the tailgaters and tailgating experiences this year, either.

Bowser
09-10-2016, 12:17 AM
Should have read DRU's response first

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2016, 12:37 AM
I don't think Chiefscountry is a Cardinals fan, he just respects successful franchises.

This. I am a die hard Royals fan. I just like going to games at Busch Stadium. It's different than Kauffman and I like the variety between the two. Besides it's only 10 miles difference for me between going to Kansas City or St Louis.

Demonpenz
09-10-2016, 01:41 AM
Got rid of my season tix once they drafted tyreek.

Demonpenz
09-10-2016, 01:45 AM

there are tickets for dodgers game for 19 bucks on stubhub

Nickhead
09-10-2016, 01:53 AM
Some good points as to why so many tickets remain, but also don't underestimate the effect of the Chiefs squeezing the tailgaters and tailgating experiences this year, either.

from what i have read, i thought that too. maybe the internet isnt sucha bad thang afterall :D

i know our bbq's at home are waaay better than any public function.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-10-2016, 05:58 AM
Coming off of the first playoff win in two decades makes this a bit more surprising.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-10-2016, 06:41 AM
As of right now there are 2800 tickets available

New England at Arizona has 4200 tickets available

You can look right here . We have the cheapest tickets available next to the Falcons.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2016, 06:51 AM
As of right now there are 2800 tickets available

New England at Arizona has 4200 tickets available

You can look right here . We have the cheapest tickets available next to the Falcons.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule

Those tickets are for resale on the secondary market - StubHub specifically.

The Bad Guy
09-10-2016, 07:14 AM

Yeah, this definitely isn't it when they were selling out with Bono in the 90s.

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2016, 07:15 AM
If attendance is down around the league, it isn't this week.

I went to all 16 home team's websites to try to buy tickets for their opener. Most clubs don't even have an option for single game seats as they are sold out for the year already.

We had the most available seats and it wasn't even close. SF was the only other team that had more than a few hundred available.

Seattle had maybe 200-300 seats, and price is the obvious reason. $150 a ticket for the last row in the upper deck. Dallas had less than 100 club seats at $500 each. Tennessee had maybe a few hundred available, all scattered throughout the stadium.

Nothing like the 25-50+ seats available in most sections at Arrowhead.

Pablo
09-10-2016, 07:18 AM
Chiefs fans just mirror Reid in their clock management. They think they still have 48 hours to buy tickets.

scho63
09-10-2016, 07:30 AM
I had season tickets for 13 years. My 3 seats went from $800 during the Montana era to $3300. That's way greater increase above the inflation rate. I'm sure ticket prices have gotten worse.

Yet government keeps telling us there is no inflation anywhere. That's bullshit! :rolleyes:

notorious
09-10-2016, 07:32 AM
So KC fans don't care as much as we thought?

Thank goodness. It was unhealthy.

RunKC
09-10-2016, 07:32 AM
Fantasy football has helped cause this. It's definitely a lot to go to a game, but people love Sunday ticket.
Watching our game and checking on their team during commercial breaks. It's just so more convenient than going to a game.

O.city
09-10-2016, 07:40 AM
If we still lived in kc, I'd go to every game. It's tough to drive 3 hours both way on Sunday 8 times a year for us.

Hopefully when the kids get a bit bigger we will get back the ST

SAUTO
09-10-2016, 08:59 AM
If we still lived in kc, I'd go to every game. It's tough to drive 3 hours both way on Sunday 8 times a year for us.

I'm in the same boat, plus our nurse is a huge football fan and I feel bad making her work on Sundays every week...

Rausch
09-10-2016, 09:12 AM
So KC fans don't care as much as we thought?

Thank goodness. It was unhealthy.

Or it's just fucking expensive.

Nzoner
09-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Personally for me it's the been there done that as I was a ST holder for 13 years,back when parking was $7,when you could park wherever and tailgate your ass off,when that stadium literally shook when DT and the rest of the D took the field.

Personally I took my money and built a gameroom with 7 tv's so I can keep up with most every game and the only drunk idiots I deal with are myself and my friends.

O.city
09-10-2016, 09:14 AM
I'm in the same boat, plus our nurse is a huge football fan and I feel bad making her work on Sundays every week...

Yeah, that sucks.

I enjoy games, the experience etc. It's fun to act like a kid
And watch the game.

Bowser
09-10-2016, 09:16 AM
If attendance is down around the league, it isn't this week.

I went to all 16 home team's websites to try to buy tickets for their opener. Most clubs don't even have an option for single game seats as they are sold out for the year already.

We had the most available seats and it wasn't even close. SF was the only other team that had more than a few hundred available.

Seattle had maybe 200-300 seats, and price is the obvious reason. $150 a ticket for the last row in the upper deck. Dallas had less than 100 club seats at $500 each. Tennessee had maybe a few hundred available, all scattered throughout the stadium.

Nothing like the 25-50+ seats available in most sections at Arrowhead.

I wonder how many of those tickets we have available are either corporate seats unclaimed, or seats returned by the Chargers, or some other reason as of yet unknown. Hell, fans might have just assumed the game was sold out and didn't even try to see if any were available. I also wonder if the other home teams have the same issues and aren't obligated to report it like we have?

O.city
09-10-2016, 09:17 AM
It's time for our generation to take over the sEason tickets and such, but the expense makes it tough for some Id guess

SAUTO
09-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Yeah, that sucks.

I enjoy games, the experience etc. It's fun to act like a kid
And watch the game.

I agree. Hell I drink as much as anyone, probably more than most, but I don't drink when I go to games. Ruins it imo

Rausch
09-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Personally I took my money and built a gameroom with 7 tv's so I can keep up with most every game and the only drunk idiots I deal with are myself and my friends.

Aw, I'm flattered...

SAUTO
09-10-2016, 09:19 AM
I don't even drink when watching games at home lol.

O.city
09-10-2016, 09:19 AM
I agree. Hell I drink as much as anyone, probably more than most, but I don't drink when I go to games. Ruins it imo

I have a few, but try not to get too crazy

Rausch
09-10-2016, 09:21 AM

I won't be able to this year because I won't have Sundays off. It'll be a different experience for me.

Bowser
09-10-2016, 09:23 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/I-dont-believe-you.gif

BigCatDaddy
09-10-2016, 09:24 AM
Yeah, this definitely isn't it when they were selling out with Bono in the 90s.

Comparing the NFL today and 20 years ago? I thought the thread was about why sales are down for the 2016-17 season. My bad.

In the year 2016(where the NFL has made offense and passing king) a guy that ended the season with 5 straight games of less than 200 yards passing isnt putting asses in the seats.

Fish
09-10-2016, 09:38 AM
It's time for our generation to take over the sEason tickets and such, but the expense makes it tough for some Id guess

It's time for millennials to take over! Ahh wait we poor. Nevermind...

SAUTO
09-10-2016, 09:45 AM

LMAO none of my friends do either.

Until they watch a game with me lol.

Actually I started drinking when the Colts scored their first td after half of our last playoff loss to them.

I had almost three fifths down by the final whistle.

Only time I can ever remember drinking during a game. But I knew what was coming and thought I would get a jump on controlling depression.

Rausch
09-10-2016, 09:45 AM

I've read 1 or 2,000 of his posts.

I don't either...

Rausch
09-10-2016, 09:49 AM
LMAO none of my friends do either.

Until they watch a game with me lol.

I can see how that would be difficult to deal with...

SAUTO
09-10-2016, 10:28 AM
I've read 1 or 2,000 of his posts.

I don't either...
I know it's hard to believe, BUT I'm not really a "social drinker" I drink to get fucking drunk. I don't do anything half assed. When I'm drinking I'm DRINKING.

Which hampers my ability to enjoy the game. We only get so many a year...

SAUTO
09-10-2016, 10:29 AM
I can see how that would be difficult to deal with...

What? Watching a game with me?

I'm a pretty fun guy even when I'm sober if I do say so myself

But most EVERYONE has a blast when I'm good and drunk

SAUTO
09-10-2016, 10:30 AM
And fuck rausch you've only read 1-2000 of my posts?

I thought you cared more

SAUTO
09-10-2016, 10:43 AM
And I very rarely drink at home.

And I only watch the chiefs at my house, at least 95 % off the time

Chief Roundup
09-10-2016, 11:55 AM
It is a combination of things that are affecting each area of the market that they draw from.
It is expensive. They keep jacking up prices for parking. Now they are making it more difficult to tailgate and BBQ in the parking lot. The game day experience at home is much better overall than at the stadium, with replay, commentary, fantasy, etc.
People are becoming more isolationists than socialistic. People can't hardly tolerate other people and their bullshit.

Discuss Thrower
09-10-2016, 12:09 PM
It is a combination of things that are affecting each area of the market that they draw from.
It is expensive. They keep jacking up prices for parking. Now they are making it more difficult to tailgate and BBQ in the parking lot. The game day experience at home is much better overall than at the stadium, with replay, commentary, fantasy, etc.
People are becoming more isolationists than socialistic. People can't hardly tolerate other people and their bullshit.

This.

The parking situation this year is going to be a shitshow. I wanna know how many people have actively complained about not filling in all the spaces and what not.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2016, 12:11 PM
millennials Aren't in to the NFL as much. They like soccer and other hip new sports

FloridaMan88
09-10-2016, 12:14 PM
millennials Aren't in to the NFL as much. They like soccer and other hip new sports

Millennials are smart... we understand that it is cheaper and a better experience to watch NFL games from the comforts of home, with big screen HD TV's, with the NFL Sunday Ticket, with NFL Red Zone Channel, etc.

Discuss Thrower
09-10-2016, 12:22 PM

Stereotypical millenial posts shit on SM like "I'm watching the sportsteam make a sport. Go sportsteam!" acting like they're above fandom of any sort.

Oddly enough, there's a lot of overlap between the 20something that posts the aforementioned yet is very dedicated to Doctor Who, Harry Potter or certain political figures.

Ming the Merciless
09-10-2016, 12:54 PM
Comparing the NFL today and 20 years ago? I thought the thread was about why sales are down for the 2016-17 season. My bad.

In the year 2016(where the NFL has made offense and passing king) a guy that ended the season with 5 straight games of less than 200 yards passing isnt putting asses in the seats.

Most people knew when we traded for Smith that he wasnt a top end QB that would win a ring...he is more of a stop the bleeding and make sure that we sell ENOUGH tickets not to bleed money and field a respectable team.

He has served that purpose, and its now past time to look towards the future and the next step.

I have a reasonable confidence we are doing just that....

Going from what we WERE in those 4-12, 2-14, 4-12 seasons to what we are now was a step. We need to be taking more steps forward now.

Demonpenz
09-10-2016, 01:06 PM
I think honestly you would have to pay me a working wage to go to a chiefs game. Not only is a shitload of work, it costs an insane amount of money.

-King-
09-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Most people knew when we traded for Smith that he wasnt a top end QB that would win a ring...he is more of a stop the bleeding and make sure that we sell ENOUGH tickets not to bleed money and field a respectable team.

He has served that purpose, and its now past time to look towards the future and the next step.

I have a reasonable confidence we are doing just that....

Going from what we WERE in those 4-12, 2-14, 4-12 seasons to what we are now was a step. We need to be taking more steps forward now.

Are people still going on with this shit that you can't win a SB with Smith? Literally the worst QB in the league won one last year. We might have went even further if not for injuries to Maclin and Ware last year. To act like we can win the Superbowl is insane and stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

eDave
09-10-2016, 01:32 PM
If I happen to be in KC and Chiefs are home, I'm going to the game. And I'm going have a thrilling time.

-King-
09-10-2016, 01:32 PM
There are tickets available for every game this week. It's not just the Chiefs. The Chiefs do have one of the biggest stadiums in the league, out seating some stadiums by 10-15,000 seats so yes they have more seats available.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discuss Thrower
09-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Are people still going on with this shit that you can't win a SB with Smith? Literally the worst QB in the league won one last year. We might have went even further if not for injuries to Maclin and Ware last year. To act like we can win the Superbowl is insane and stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Denver had (and still might have) a superior defense and had better receivers.

It was kind of a repeat of the 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs.

Titty Meat
09-10-2016, 01:34 PM
I think honestly you would have to pay me a working wage to go to a chiefs game. Not only is a shitload of work, it costs an insane amount of money.

It's also not safe remember the guy 3 years ago who got killed?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-10-2016, 01:35 PM

It's a little bit longer than that for me. I ever move even an hour toward KC and I'll be a STH.

-King-
09-10-2016, 01:38 PM
Denver had (and still might have) a superior defense and had better receivers.

It was kind of a repeat of the 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs.

And a vastly worse offense.

Last year the Chiefs allowed 17.4 ppg(1st). Denver allowed 17.9 ppg(4th)

Chiefs scored 25.3 ppg(9th). Denver scored 22.2 ppg(18th)
Posted via Mobile Device

BlackHelicopters
09-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Not waiting in line to pee. This is a big plus.

O.city
09-10-2016, 02:11 PM
It's a little bit longer than that for me. I ever move even an hour toward KC and I'll be a STH.

I'll probably do it next year tbh. I thought about it this year, but the kids are just too little.

ThaVirus
09-10-2016, 03:04 PM
And a vastly worse offense.

Last year the Chiefs allowed 17.4 ppg(1st). Denver allowed 17.9 ppg(4th)

Chiefs scored 25.3 ppg(9th). Denver scored 22.2 ppg(18th)
Posted via Mobile Device

Doesn't really matter but we didn't have the best scoring defense in the league last season. I think we were 2nd or 3rd or something.

Seattle's had that distinction since 2013.

BigCatDaddy
09-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Again. You have an above average boring team, lead by an unexciting QB. You want me to invest extra time and money to go to a game I need more.

KChiefs1
09-10-2016, 03:21 PM
I live in Jefferson City & had season tickets from 90-99 but once HD came & the cost was outrageous to attend, I dropped them to stay at home & watch with family and friends.

Cheaper
Better seats surrounded by better people.
Better food
Better bathroom with no wait.
Can watch other games.

I have a 78" Samsung with theater seating in my man cave that has a bar 5' from my chair with a fully stocked bar & fridge. The bathroom is 20' away with a clean toilet & sink.

stevieray
09-10-2016, 03:24 PM
KChiefs1...I'll be there by kickoff.

BigCatDaddy
09-10-2016, 03:27 PM
I live in Jefferson City & had season tickets from 90-99 but once HD came & the cost was outrageous to attend, I dropped them to stay at home & watch with family and friends.

Cheaper
Better food
Can watch other games.

I have a 78" Samsung with theater seating in my man cave that has a bar 5' from my chair with a fully stocked bar & fridge. The bathroom is 20' away with a clean toilet & sink.

Nice and like I stated if you want to drag people away from this you better have something special.

KChiefs1
09-10-2016, 03:34 PM
KChiefs1...I'll be there by kickoff.

It would be an honor.

cookster50
09-10-2016, 04:13 PM
It's almost like people have woken up to the fact that the viewing experience is 1 bagazillion times better at home than at the stadium. That and the continued middle finger to the fans by screwing up one of their favorite parts, tailgating. What surprises me is that someone actually questioned this.

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2016, 04:14 PM
I guess KC is the epicenter of football intelligence, as we're the only team playing this weekend with a ton of seats available.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-10-2016, 04:20 PM

Cheaper
Better food
Can watch other games.

I'm coming to your house for a game!!!

O.city
09-10-2016, 04:21 PM
Aren't those resale tickets?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-10-2016, 04:22 PM
I guess KC is the epicenter of football intelligence, as we're the only team playing this weekend with a ton of seats available.

Yeah, I find it to be very odd. It's a home opener against a division rival. Doesn't make any sense at all.

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Aren't those resale tickets?

Nope. All available from box office.

Resale would be red dots, and there are seats everywhere.

O.city
09-10-2016, 04:26 PM
Nope. All available from box office.

Resale would be red dots, and there are seats everywhere.

Huh, I dunno. Weird.

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Huh, I dunno. Weird.

Just looked - not as many resale as I thought, but still a lot considering there are a couple thousand still available from the box office.

O.city
09-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Coming off their first playoff win and 3 straight winning seasons, seems weird.

hometeam
09-10-2016, 04:41 PM
dunno, ill be there like most always.

And like most always, the crowd will be less and less rowdy, and more teenage girls texting.

SAUTO
09-10-2016, 05:21 PM
dunno, ill be there like most always.

And like most always, the crowd will be less and less rowdy, and more teenage girls texting.

Well put your phone away then. Silly goose

Rain Man
09-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Audiences at sporting events are somewhat of an anachronism from the days before TV and radio. In other 30 years, all sports will be played in closed facilities with no ticket sales. But the bad news is that there'll be cameras set up where the fans used to be, and you'll have to pay more to watch through the camera with the best seats.

gblowfish
09-10-2016, 05:38 PM
I see both sides of this issue. I hate paying hundreds of dollars to sit in the rain, or the extreme cold. Luckily I live close to the sports complex so getting in and out of the stadium is not as big a problem for me as it is for others. On the money, it's getting to critical mass for me. It's a gigantic sacrifice to pay what the Chiefs want for my seats now. It's basically all my leisure funds for the year. No vacations, no trips, just Chiefs. For those of you guys who say your Big Screen TV is the way to go, maybe. But all I can say is, when I yell at these guys, they can hear me. When you yell at your TV, they can't.

lewdog
09-10-2016, 05:41 PM
I stay home so I don't end up sitting next to a GBlowfish with his farts and dirty mouth.

KChiefs1
09-10-2016, 05:46 PM
I'm coming to your house for a game!!!

Don't most of you guys have the same setup? I'm shocked that you guys envy me. I know I'm lucky in a lot of ways but didn't think my man cave would be one of them.

KChiefs1
09-10-2016, 05:46 PM
I see both sides of this issue. I hate paying hundreds of dollars to sit in the rain, or the extreme cold. Luckily I live close to the sports complex so getting in and out of the stadium is not as big a problem for me as it is for others. On the money, it's getting to critical mass for me. It's a gigantic sacrifice to pay what the Chiefs want for my seats now. It's basically all my leisure funds for the year. No vacations, no trips, just Chiefs. For those of you guys who say your Big Screen TV is the way to go, maybe. But all I can say is, when I yell at these guys, they can hear me. When you yell at your TV, they can't.

I do miss the atmosphere of Arrowhead.

gblowfish
09-10-2016, 05:47 PM
I stay home so I don't end up sitting next to a GBlowfish with his farts and dirty mouth.

My wife won't let me yell "FUCK" in public any more. But to help our defense I've been known to fart on third down....

Buns
09-10-2016, 06:01 PM
I've never been to a game at Arrowhead. Whats the cheapest way to fly in Saturday and get to a game? Stubhub? Scalpers? NFL Tix Exchange? I would be by myself and not looking to drive (so I can drink.)

KChiefs1
09-10-2016, 10:03 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ratings-broncos-panthers-nfl-kickoff-926776

PAChiefsGuy
09-10-2016, 10:22 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ratings-broncos-panthers-nfl-kickoff-926776

Well if these billionaire owners who 90% probably couldn't even make their HS football team would stop changing the rules every year and just let athletes play football maybe the ratings and attendance would be up.

Psyko Tek
09-11-2016, 01:24 AM
Great seats still available!

how much are tickets?
how much is parking?
how much is beer?
how much is food?
why?
it's to fucking expensive

Psyko Tek
09-11-2016, 01:39 AM
Alex Smith isn't any less exciting than the likes of Steve Bono, Dave Krieg and Elvis Grbac (and Arrowhead was filled when all of those QB's played for the Chiefs).

It is a different era. The experience of watching NFL games at home has never been better... HD TV's, NFL Sunday Ticket, fantasy football, etc.

The Chiefs could have Peyton Manning in his prime at QB and the Greatest Show on Turf offense and it wouldn't change the macro dynamics that are causing a general decline in attendance at most NFL and college football stadiums.

only won one super bowl
not your best choice
but some QB'S from San Fran HAVE WON SEVERAL SUPER BOWLS , ONE EVEN PLAYED HERE

Pasta Little Brioni
09-11-2016, 02:28 AM
Blaming Alex for the unsold tickets is the dumbest fucking thing i have ever read on this site. Good god can people just admit when they are wrong? ? Instead they dig deeper into dumbassery.

BryanBusby
09-11-2016, 02:57 AM
I think the negative vibe from the parking changes is keeping people away. A lot of people really dislike the changes.

FlaChief58
09-11-2016, 06:08 AM
The at home game day experience is much more comfortable and way cheaper. I think those 2 factors are the reason attendance is down league wide. That said, I'm surprised that the home opener isn't a slam dunk sellout

Mr. Wizard
09-11-2016, 06:32 AM
ROFLI have a theory.

Chief Roundup
09-11-2016, 06:46 AM
I've never been to a game at Arrowhead. Whats the cheapest way to fly in Saturday and get to a game? Stubhub? Scalpers? NFL Tix Exchange? I would be by myself and not looking to drive (so I can drink.)

Travel I can't help you any there. Tickets it depends on what you want. If you don't mind where you set you can find people with tickets along the sides of the roads, from scalpers, on your way into the stadium that will sell them cheap right before the game starts. If you want a particular area or if you want to get in early then you need to get your tickets ahead of time whether that is Stubhub or the Ticket window at the stadium.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2016, 06:48 AM
Well if these billionaire owners who 90% probably couldn't even make their HS football team would stop changing the rules every year and just let athletes play football maybe the ratings and attendance would be up.

No, no, no, the league must have Tampax as a sponsor and create safe spaces of good vibes so that we can have incluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusion. And more sales!

Blaming Alex for the unsold tickets is the dumbest ****ing thing i have ever read on this site. Good god can people just admit when they are wrong? ? Instead they dig deeper into dumbassery.

You are both correct and incorrect. People are leaving out the other half of the equation.

Molitoth
09-11-2016, 07:11 AM
STH family from 1987-2011.

We suffered through many bad QB's and the Herm era... but when it came to Scott Pioli's allegiance to Matt Cassel, we just couldn't take it anymore. Yes, I cheered for his injury... I am dithcuthing.

Alex Smith isn't really a draw to have us back in the waiting line.

PAChiefsGuy
09-11-2016, 07:19 AM
STH family from 1987-2011.

We suffered through many bad QB's and the Herm era... but when it came to Scott Pioli's allegiance to Matt Cassel, we just couldn't take it anymore. Yes, I cheered for his injury... I am dithcuthing.

Alex Smith isn't really a draw to have us back in the waiting line.

Why not?

First Chiefs QB to win a playoff game since Joe Montana and lets not forget what he did in the playoff gm against the Colts without Charles and w most WRs who aren't even here anymore.

I'm not saying he is Brady, but at this point, there is no need to blame anything on A Smith and to compare him to Cassel is an injustice.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-11-2016, 07:23 AM
No, no, no, the league must have Tampax as a sponsor and create safe spaces of good vibes so that we can have incluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusion. And more sales!

You are both correct and incorrect. People are leaving out the other half of the equation.

Say it with me bud...."I WAS WRONG"

09-11-2016, 07:24 AM

You have to adjust with the times. Me and my brother had season tix for the Jets from 1978-2007, then they wanted psl charges that were insane for a shared new garbage stadium we told the Jets fuck you. Now with the advent of gigantic cheap flat screen tvs it's much easier and nicer to watch the games at home. I'll go to individual games if I want to.

Also the parking passes are color coded per area and only season ticket holders get them for $25 each based on seating. Green you can park anywhere and yellow is limited. They sell them on stubhub from $75-$95 and the tickets even upper bowl are not under $100.

Now compare that to arrowhead. I went with bugeater two years ago and had great seats and they were cheap, $86 for lower level end zone. Those are $125-$150 seats at that shithole met life. Going again in two weeks and they're $88, again that's cheap.

BryanBusby
09-11-2016, 07:32 AM
Get up at the butt crack of dawn to pay 30 to park and do your limited space tailgating to watch dink and dunk for over 3 hours. After you've dropped over 200 for you and your sex piece to watch tinyhands dink and dunk, ypu get to pile into your Hyundai Elantra to deal with a shitbird exit game.

Easier to get up at 11 am, have sex and watch dink and dunk while you eat a grilled Hot Pocket.

HemiEd
09-11-2016, 07:49 AM

Missing badgirl?

I would be attending at least a couple games a year if the "true fans" would sit down once in a while so my wife could see!

scho63
09-11-2016, 08:11 AM

I believe I am best suited to answer your question because I did just this as a single guy going to my FIRST game at Arrowhead on Sunday Sept 2013 at the age of 50 after being a loyal Chiefs fan since the age of 7 in 1970. The Chiefs kicked the shit out of the NY Giants that day.

First off, it is an AWESOME experience and one you should not cut corners on! You never know when and if you will ever make it back.

1. I flew in on a direct flight from Dulles Airport. Flights on a Friday or Saturday booked well in advance happened to be cheaper then weekdays, as this area is known for business first. I paid $223 RT
16 Aug Check Card Purchase
UNITED 800-932-2732, TX, US $223.80

2. I took the recommendation of several people on this board and booked the Hotel Phillips in KC. It had great specials on Expedia and I think I paid $69 plus tax a night for Fri, Sat, Sun and flew out on Monday afternoon. It was next to the KC Power and Light district.
17 Aug Check Card Purchase
EXPEDIA*161355072585 800-367-3476, NV, US $237.70

3. I did NOT rent a car and it worked out well. I took a taxi to the stadium and it cost me around $32-35 each way. I'm sure now you can Uber or Lyft for cheaper depending on your location.

4. I walked around the P&L District so no taxi needed.
30 Sep Check Card Purchase
MCFADDENS/ IRISH P KANSAS CITY, MO, US $85.00

5. I went to Jack Stacks BBQ on Sat night and taxied back and forth and hung out in the plaza area having bought a few cigars at Diebels then smoking them near the giant fountain. Very nice atmosphere.
FIORELLAS JACK STACK KANSAS CITY, MO, US $89.00

DIEBELS SPORTSMENS GAL KANSAS CITY, MO, US $32.11

6. I bought my ticket on Craigslist, an electronic ticket and it was a SINGLE ticket in the FRONT row at the 25 yard line of KC. It cost me with fees $125. I was right next to the replay booth and was on TV 4 times during the game and got to see Erin Andrews from two feet away as she sat underneath us on a milk crate reapplying her makeup all the time. She was a BITCH

I've posted a few pics from my seat at the game. You should NOT screw around with scalpers and other nonsense the day of the game. Have your ticket purchased BEFORE you step on the plane. It should be a fun time to relax, not deal and haggle with scalpers before game time. That's a complete waste.

7. Many of the CP board member's tailgate so reach out and they may invite you to swing by and have a beer with them. You can always bring a six pack to ingratiate yourself. Get there EARLY. I was there by 8:30 am

8. If you stay over until Monday, know that 99% of all the museums are closed and I found out the hard way as I wanted to go to two, the Negro Baseball and World War I museums and both were closed. I went to the Kansas City Zoo instead and had a real nice time. It's a BIG place.

Not sure how old you are but there are plenty of jazz clubs, music and fun things to do in KC for a weekend including the best BBQ places.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask any questions.

scho63
09-11-2016, 08:16 AM
Me and my brother had season tix for the Jets from 1978-2007, then they wanted psl charges that were insane for a shared new garbage stadium we told the Jets **** you. Now with the advent of gigantic cheap flat screen tvs it's much easier and nicer to watch the games at home. I'll go to individual games if I want to.

I had a lot of friends in NJ where I grew up that were season ticket holders. I was at the Jets Chiefs game with two buddies who had season ticket in the Meadowlands November 29, 1992 when Dennis Byrd got that viscous neck injury and they carted him off the field.

His seats were end zone right of the goal posts about 15 rows up. This was right where he was injured and can remember standing there with everyone watching him being carted away.

Were you at that game as well?

You from Jersey or NY? Most Jets fans are NY'ers.

09-11-2016, 08:46 AM
I had a lot of friends in NJ where I grew up that were season ticket holders. I was at the Jets Chiefs game with two buddies who had season ticket in the Meadowlands November 29, 1992 when Dennis Byrd got that viscous neck injury and they carted him off the field.

His seats were end zone right of the goal posts about 15 rows up. This was right where he was injured and can remember standing there with everyone watching him being carted away.

Were you at that game as well?

I'm from New Jersey. It was sooo much nicer when they moved from Shea to the meadowlands in 1984. You have no idea what a shithole Shea stadium was. You know how much tickets were back in the late 70's? I think they were $13-$15 a ticket for season tickets. And Leon Hess never made us pay for pre season tix.

I wasn't at that game, I saw that one on tv. We were section 101 in old stadium lower level end zone.

Where do you live now? Jersey is crazy expensive and over crowded lol I'm out in 10 years

Valiant
09-11-2016, 09:00 AM
It is everything.

Royals sucked, no other sports in town like hocky/sporting/sprint arena p and l. Tickets and concessions were much cheaper.

Now. Prices are outrageous. Big screen set ups at home. Royals doing great. Other sports and venues in town. People packing bww and the like.

Also. Marty fired his defenses up. You wanted to hate and yell at every team we played especially division rivals. The crowd played a huge role. Now? Most are there to be seen.

DaveNull
09-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Stumbled across this wisdom from Hunter Thompson writing in September 2001...

I have watched football games from every angle from the sideline in Oakland and the huddle in Frankfort, Ky., to the top row of the Superdome in New Orleans and the press box in Washington -- I have watched them in Kezar Stadium and from the deck of a big sailing yacht 500 miles south of Bermuda with naked women lolling around -- and I can tell you for sure that the best seat in any house is right in front of a high-end TV set with a few good friends who know football and like to see green money moving around the room. That is how it should be done.

NJChiefsFan
09-11-2016, 09:30 AM

There are a ton of Jets fans in NJ. I actually would say the Giants have the larger % of NY fans in the NY to NJ comparison.

scho63
09-11-2016, 10:31 AM
I'm from New Jersey. It was sooo much nicer when they moved from Shea to the meadowlands in 1984. You have no idea what a shithole Shea stadium was. You know how much tickets were back in the late 70's? I think they were $13-$15 a ticket for season tickets. And Leon Hess never made us pay for pre season tix.

I wasn't at that game, I saw that one on tv. We were section 101 in old stadium lower level end zone.

Where do you live now? Jersey is crazy expensive and over crowded lol I'm out in 10 years

I was at Shea Stadium once and that was enough for me!

I've been out of NJ for almost 10 years. I live in Northern VA since early 2007. Love this area. It is VERY crowded and traffic is nuts but jobs are plentiful and 11 out of the top 22 counties in the US for per capita income ring DC. They are building everywhere; commercial buildings, residential homes, apartments, casino, data centers, strip malls, shopping centers, and industrial.

I love the multicultural aspects of this area. I grew up at the Jersey Shore in Ocean County and that place is stuck back in the 70's.

Taxes and car insurance in NJ is retarded.

All my best friends and sister and other family all still live there with my brother out in Cali. I lived in Cali for 5 years and that is also nice.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Say it with me bud...."I WAS WRONG"

"I was wrong".

Once.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Arrowhead looks pretty damn full to me

MIAdragon
09-11-2016, 12:02 PM
The blue dots were the smart ones.

BigCatDaddy
09-11-2016, 12:06 PM
I just don't get it

Spott
09-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Another reason that it's better at home. I can change the channel on shitty games like this, or just turn it off and do something else.

Fish
09-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Tickets still available....