PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We Gotta Shut Down Melvin Gordon

SeeingRed
09-11-2016, 12:05 AM
He didn't have a good rookie season last year but that o line had issues. Anyone who watched him in preseason knows he looks much improved and so does his line. They are gonna want to run this guy and he can take one to the house at any time. Stop him and make them more one dimensional and Rivers can be had. If they can establish Gordon and he starts having big runs it might be a tough day.

MMXcalibur
09-11-2016, 12:21 AM
TO: dandyAndy@kcchiefs.com
CC: suttonLovesTheD@kcchiefs.com

FW: FW: FW: FW: One weird trick to beat SD, Philip Rivers HATES this!

Chief Northman
09-11-2016, 12:36 AM
To quote Dane:

WUT

BlackOp
09-11-2016, 12:41 AM
He has one long preseason run....not worried against KCs front. I wouldn't say "bust" but the Chiefs have 5 RBs that are better than him....the sad part is it isn't an exaggeration.

Chiefs mojo on RBs is uncanny....I seriously cant remember when they didn't have a top RB.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2016, 12:48 AM
start all our tight ends on defense

Gadzooks
09-11-2016, 12:53 AM
start all our tight ends on defense

But then the Chargers Smurf DBs will have to play OL. How is that fair? Y'know, the musk...

BlackOp
09-11-2016, 12:58 AM
You two make a cute couple....should find a quaint dumpster and have a go at it. True love finds its way in mysterious places....

rico
09-11-2016, 12:58 AM
I definitely wouldn't look past the guy. He really didn't have a lot going for him last year in terms of tools/supporting cast. His rookie season was obviously horrific as far as stats are concerned...but the dude had to work with a smorgasbord of shitty offensive linemen.

I'm not ready to scoff at him or write him off just yet... Not that I think he's gonna be some huge force this year, but I hope our D does take him seriously still and proceed to punish him when he touches the ball. He sounds pretty confident according to this article:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/sep/09/chargers-melvin-gordon-todd-gurley/

I can't copy and paste right now.

It'll be interesting if he improves with a new offensive coordinator (Whisenhunt).

Gadzooks
09-11-2016, 01:01 AM
You two make a cute couple....should find a quaint dumpster and have a go at it. Love finds it way..even to the dregs.

That was pretty funny. You're finally showing your sense of humor. Good for you.

BlackOp
09-11-2016, 01:08 AM
That was pretty funny. You're finally showing your sense of humor. Good for you.

yeah..all giggles and glitter until that buttbaby is born...and you realize football bonding is a sham. Smellway has deadbeat dad written all over him....his co-workers at Arbys told me so.

RealSNR
09-11-2016, 08:13 AM
He fucking sucks

Rausch
09-11-2016, 08:16 AM
He ****ing sucks

Just fucking terrible...

RealSNR
09-11-2016, 08:25 AM

Rep

nychief
09-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Wow that's some insight. Thanks coach.

Jewish Rabbi
09-11-2016, 08:52 AM
Guys I think if we can limit their combined points from touchdowns, field goals, extra point attempts and safeties to less than our combined points for those categories we will win.

PutQuinnIn
09-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Supposedly, he was not 100% last season dealing with injuries.

I expect a different player this season, or else, ya-bust!

rico
09-11-2016, 09:30 AM
He fucking sucks

You've seen a lot of Wisconsin games. Many more than me, I'm sure. What was he like in college? I basically just went by his highlights and Wikipedia page/stat sheet. Dude picked up some crazy good stats at times.

What's up with these Wisconsin stud NCAA RB's who don't pan out in college?

I remember when I was checking the Iowa wrestlingg message boards and on the front page before clicking on the forum, the front page had a little blurb about how the Hawks were going to land Melvin Gordon...but then he ends up playing at Wisconsin. I wonder how he would have done at Iowa...maybe not as good? Those Iowa teams during Melvin Gordan's underclassmen years were pretty atrocious. Vandenberg to Rudock was pretty underwhelming... Especially since it followed the funner than hell STANZI ERA!!!

Speaking of Iowa QB's....this Iowa QB CJ Beathard is probably the best Iowa QB I've ever seen. He is really good. I bet he makes the pros and is drafted somewhat high...especially since his grandfather is the notorious former GM, Bobby Beathard...who undoubtedly is connected to that world in some way still, I'm sure.

Bobby "oops I drafted Ryan Leaf" Beathard. Haha, he had better moments than that, but honestly, that's the first thing I think of when I think of Bobby Beathard.

RealSNR
09-11-2016, 09:44 AM
You've seen a lot of Wisconsin games. Many more than me, I'm sure. What was he like in college? I basically just went by his highlights and Wikipedia page/stat sheet. Dude picked up some crazy good stats at times.

What's up with these Wisconsin stud NCAA RB's who don't pan out in college?

I remember when I was checking the Iowa wrestlingg message boards and on the front page before clicking on the forum, the front page had a little blurb about how the Hawks were going to land Melvin Gordon...but then he ends up playing at Wisconsin. I wonder how he would have done at Iowa...maybe not as good? Those Iowa teams during Melvin Gordan's underclassmen years were pretty atrocious. Vandenberg to Rudock was pretty underwhelming... Especially since it followed the funner than hell STANZI ERA!!!

Speaking of Iowa QB's....this Iowa QB CJ Beathard is probably the best Iowa QB I've ever seen. He is really good. I bet he makes the pros and is drafted somewhat high...especially since his grandfather is the notorious former GM, Bobby Beathard...who undoubtedly is connected to that world in some way still, I'm sure.

Bobby "oops I drafted Ryan Leaf" Beathard. Haha, he had better moments than that, but honestly, that's the first thing I think of when I think of Bobby Beathard.
Brilliant college RB, but really just another in a long line of successful Wisconsin RBs. Gordon probably has/had the largest potential to actually do something with his career out of all of them, since people constantly compared his running style to Jamaal Charles.

Dunno. I thought he'd be okay, but Wisconsin RBs constantly benefit from one of the best offensive lines in college football year in and year out. They get to the NFL and it's almost like they don't know what the fuck a football is. Ron Dayne, PJ Hill, Montee Ball, John Clay... all of them. I'll be skeptical of Gordon until he proves shit. He looked TERRIBLE last year. Injury or not, there's no excuse for how shitty he played last year.

Question: How do you pronounce the last name "Beathard." If you had a last name like that, I'd almost want to be up front and just say, "It's pronounced Beet - hard. My name is Beet - hard." Own it so people can dig under it, you know?

Oh well. It's better than having the last name of Semen I guess.

Rausch
09-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Brilliant college RB, but really just another in a long line of successful Wisconsin RBs. Gordon probably has/had the largest potential to actually do something with his career out of all of them, since people constantly compared his running style to Jamaal Charles.

Dunno. I thought he'd be okay, but Wisconsin RBs constantly benefit from one of the best offensive lines in college football year in and year out. They get to the NFL and it's almost like they don't know what the **** a football is. Ron Dayne, PJ Hill, Montee Ball, John Clay... all of them. I'll be skeptical of Gordon until he proves shit. He looked TERRIBLE last year. Injury or not, there's no excuse for how shitty he played last year.

Question: How do you pronounce the last name "Beathard." If you had a last name like that, I'd almost want to be up front and just say, "It's pronounced Beet - hard. My name is Beet - hard." Own it so people can dig under it, you know?

He has absolutely no vision...

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-11-2016, 09:49 AM
Melvin, Meet Mr. Jones and company.

Rausch
09-11-2016, 10:05 AM
Melvin, Meet Mr. Jones and company.

Mr. Jones is gonna' be a big star...

rico
09-11-2016, 10:21 AM

Dunno. I thought he'd be okay, but Wisconsin RBs constantly benefit from one of the best offensive lines in college football year in and year out. They get to the NFL and it's almost like they don't know what the **** a football is. Ron Dayne, PJ Hill, Montee Ball, John Clay... all of them. I'll be skeptical of Gordon until he proves shit. He looked TERRIBLE last year. Injury or not, there's no excuse for how shitty he played last year.

Haha, I thought it was Beat-hard for a long time. It would be pretty sweet if it were pronounced that way. It's actually pronounced, "Beth-ard" or "Beth-urd."

Bobby Beathard was the Chiefs GM for a couple years in the 60's. I wonder if they stayed in touch with the Hunt family....also makes me wonder if that would influence the organization to scout Beathard.

rico
09-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Wait, Wikipedia says this:

"Beathard first joined pro football in 1963 as a part-time scout for the Kansas City Chiefs. He left the Chiefs briefly to scout for the American Football League and returned to Kansas City full-time in 1966. He earned his first AFL championship ring as a member of the 1966 Chiefs organization."

Not GM, but still wonder if he kept touch with the family....

rico
09-11-2016, 10:26 AM

That's crazy that they compared him to Jamaal. He always reminded me more of a Steven Johnson type...inferior to Jamaal when Jamaal isn't hurt, IMO.

ModSocks
09-11-2016, 10:49 AM

LMAO

rico
09-11-2016, 11:19 AM
Well...shit.

rico
09-12-2016, 01:20 AM
Well, if it's a goal of Gordon's to redeem himself from last year, I think he got off to a good start tonight. I thought he flashed pretty well...

More compatibility with the new OC? More familiar with the playbook?

rico
09-12-2016, 01:24 AM
He didn't have a good rookie season last year but that o line had issues. Anyone who watched him in preseason knows he looks much improved and so does his line. They are gonna want to run this guy and he can take one to the house at any time. Stop him and make them more one dimensional and Rivers can be had. If they can establish Gordon and he starts having big runs it might be a tough day.

LMAO And people thought this post was ridiculous last night. 2 TD's in the first half aka 2 more than all of last year...you called it...things were rough when Gordon had big runs.

Discuss Thrower
09-12-2016, 01:56 AM
Any notion of objective discussion isn't to be found here. The only voice of dissent is Clay and he's going to be banned in short order.

CP is worse than Arrowhead Pride.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-12-2016, 08:08 AM
Any notion of objective discussion isn't to be found here. The only voice of dissent is Clay and he's going to be banned in short order.

:rolleyes:

wazu
09-12-2016, 08:13 AM

Why are you here, then?

JakeLV
09-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Why are you here, then?

For the bitches and BBQ

Discuss Thrower
09-12-2016, 09:06 AM
Why are you here, then?

The force of habit and the fact I haven't Inceptioned Dylan into sleeping with me yet.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-12-2016, 09:35 AM
The force of habit and the fact I haven't Inceptioned Dylan into sleeping with me yet.

:D