PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LaCanfora update on Houston

O.city
09-11-2016, 06:46 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-dont-expect-to-have-justin-houston-back-before-november/

Chiefs don't expect him back til November at the earliest.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-11-2016, 06:51 AM
You came to that didn't you

cabletech94
09-11-2016, 06:52 AM
welp, there it is

Chief Roundup
09-11-2016, 07:01 AM
Why is it that some of the people that make OPs do not put the article in the OP? Why would you not do that? It is asinine IMO. You are just generating traffic for those websites and not really informing the posters here, which many are too damn lazy to even go read it for themselves so they will just go off of whatever is said which is sometimes mislead although that is not the case here. It has been many times when the article is not included. I have noticed that a good portion of the time that is when a poster is trying to mislead the group.

O.city
09-11-2016, 07:01 AM
You came to that didn't you

No , real bone killer.

Chief Roundup
09-11-2016, 07:02 AM
Chiefs pass rusher Justin Houston, one of the premier defenders in the NFL, is opening the season on the PUP list, which puts him out at least six weeks. However, according to a team source, the Chiefs are not expecting him back on that timetable.

Houston, who signed a massive contract extension prior to the 2015 season, is still recovering from a significant knee injury and will not be back until November at the earliest, according to the source. Week 9, against the Jacksonville Jaguars, would be the earliest the team projects Houston to return, and the hope is to have him back to full speed for the final push to the playoffs. The Chiefs won 11 games and finally broke through for the first postseason victory since the Joe Montana era, and the expectation is for Andy Reid's team to take another step in 2016.

Houston is arguably the Chiefs' best player, regardless of position, and someone who if healthy for a full season would be on the short list for potential Defensive Player of the Year honors. He suffered the knee injury late last season and had his ACL repaired in February. Houston is assured of missing a difficult opening stretch of the season in which the Chiefs, after hosting rebuilding San Diego, face a gauntlet of AFC playoff hopefuls in Houston, New York and Pittsburgh, and then Oakland after the bye.

At this point there is reason to believe this internal timeline will hold up, though Houston will go for further evaluation during the bye week. If he continues to progress as he has been, then a return in November is expected.

O.city
09-11-2016, 07:03 AM
Why is it that some of the people that make OPs do not put the article in the OP? Why would you not do that? It is asinine IMO. You are just generating traffic for those websites and not really informing the posters here, which many are too damn lazy to even go read it for themselves so they will just go off of whatever is said which is sometimes mislead although that is not the case here. It has been many times when the article is not included. I have noticed that a good portion of the time that is when a poster is trying to mislead the group.

A. I'm on my phone and copying and pasting is difficult.

B. This one is from CB's so it's not a huge deal, but most of these sites need clicks as that's how they generate revenue.

Marcellus
09-11-2016, 07:05 AM
Brightside, I would rather he be available the 2nd half of the season than the first half like has played out the last 2 years.

It would be nice to have a healthy Houston end of the season for once.

Fire Me Boy!
09-11-2016, 07:10 AM

We should be generating traffic to those sites. Without traffic, many will shut down. We shouldn't steal content, which is exactly what it is when articles are posted.

I personally think a good practice is to include a paragraph or two to provide the basic part of the story, but leave the link for full text and content.

IMO, if you're too lazy to click a link and provide a page view to the content providers, you don't deserve the content.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-11-2016, 07:22 AM
This is what many expected anyway

wazu
09-11-2016, 07:24 AM
At this point I'm just hoping we have him back for 2017.

Chief Roundup
09-11-2016, 07:26 AM
We should be generating traffic to those sites. Without traffic, many will shut down. We shouldn't steal content, which is exactly what it is when articles are posted.

I personally think a good practice is to include a paragraph or two to provide the basic part of the story, but leave the link for full text and content.

IMO, if you're too lazy to click a link and provide a page view to the content providers, you don't deserve the content.

Well then I guess a lot of posters here doesn't deserve content since most come here for their football news past NFLN or ESPN.
There have been many times that a poster puts up a link and 100 posts later someone actually posts the article or podcast and it is completely different than what the OP has or was stating.

Chief Roundup
09-11-2016, 07:28 AM
This is what many expected anyway

Yeah the reasonable ones, unlike those few that were declaring he would be back and starting Week 1 and calling those that didn't believe that names and ridiculing them for not believing their drivel.

O.city
09-11-2016, 07:30 AM
Brightside, I would rather he be available the 2nd half of the season than the first half like has played out the last 2 years.

This was my thought as well

BigRedChief
09-11-2016, 07:32 AM
I personally think a good practice is to include a paragraph or two to provide the basic part of the story, but leave the link for full text and content. This is what I try to do.

No one wants to read a wall of text. Putting nothing but a link and a title isn't the solution either.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-11-2016, 07:32 AM

I've said this all along. The timing is going to be perfect. We have enough to get us into the playoffs without Houston.

MMXcalibur
09-11-2016, 07:39 AM
Goddamnit Ron Parker.

Rausch
09-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Yeah the reasonable ones, unlike those few that were declaring he would be back and starting Week 1 and calling those that didn't believe that names and ridiculing them for not believing their drivel.

I was a dumbass for expecting a return in late October.

Looks like it could very well be after that...

Sandy Vagina
09-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Would ****ing figure.

Too many of the best Chiefs get brokedicked when needed the most. :cuss:

Chief Roundup
09-11-2016, 07:59 AM
I was a dumbass for expecting a return in late October.

Looks like it could very well be after that...

Not really. That is in the middle of the recovery period.

O.city
09-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Back in early november, 9 months after surgery. Sounds pretty much normal

Quesadilla Joe
09-11-2016, 08:18 AM
On the bright side, if Houston does come back in November you'll have him for both Bronco games.

OnTheWarpath15
09-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Back in early november, 9 months after surgery. Sounds pretty much normal

Normal unless you're Jamaal Charles. He's at what, 11 months?

Rausch
09-11-2016, 08:20 AM
On the bright side, if Houston does come back in November you'll have him for both Bronco games.

We'll need him.

We need to sweep those fuckers...

Mav
09-11-2016, 08:22 AM
Well, Dee Ford is going to have to step his game up and Alex Smith is going to have to become a franchise qb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O.city
09-11-2016, 08:24 AM
Normal unless you're Jamaal Charles. He's at what, 11 months?

Yeah, I think he could probably olay, but that they're being a little coy there.

Maybe he's just slowly recovering, but he sounds like he's ready to go and the team is holding him out.

Rausch
09-11-2016, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I think he could probably olay, but that they're being a little coy there.

Maybe he's just slowly recovering, but he sounds like he's ready to go and the team is holding him out.

We shouldn't need him.

We have plenty of solid HB's. I don't know if Reeves was bumped to the active roster or is still PS. Either way we should be good...

nychief
Any playing time this season/post season is a bonus.

OnTheWarpath15

If he's truly ready, we'd be stupid to sit our best offensive player.

Gotta imagine he's just not ready.

O.city
09-11-2016, 08:31 AM
If he's truly ready, we'd be stupid to sit our best offensive player.

Gotta imagine he's just not ready.

I don't know that they view him as their best offensive player anymore though. If he's healthy, he's elite though.

I think he's maybe ready, but not ready so they're not gonna push it.

I imagine if they had no other RB's he may be more likely to play.

KChiefs1
09-11-2016, 08:32 AM
Fuck LaCanfora

O.city
09-11-2016, 08:42 AM
So if it works out and it's november, that would potentially mean back for Jacksonville in kc. That's missing 7 games.

They need to be 4-3 thru those 7 at worst. Get thru it at maybe 5-2 or so, get him back for the stretch run, should be perfect

Titty Meat
09-11-2016, 08:49 AM
Lost season for him that sucks.

O.city
09-11-2016, 08:52 AM
Lost season for him that sucks.

If he's back november, he would still get 8 games in atleast

Rausch
09-11-2016, 08:54 AM

6 games should be enough to be in normal game shape for the playoffs...

TLO
09-11-2016, 08:55 AM
**** LaCanfora

This

Hammock Parties
09-11-2016, 09:01 AM
I'm just glad he's alive.

Hope he lives a happy and healthy life and enjoys fresh fruit and fine wine.

Football is meaningless.

notorious
09-11-2016, 09:04 AM
This will only make the team stronger in the long run. This team still has the goods to win the whole fucking thing.

Titty Meat
09-11-2016, 09:07 AM

Paylor said last month it would be late November/early December

Simply Red
09-11-2016, 09:11 AM
let's all just be real nice.

O.city
09-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Paylor said last month it would be late November/early December

True.

That sucks, but atleast he'll hopefully be back for a playoff game.

NJChiefsFan
09-11-2016, 09:23 AM
Would ****ing figure.

Too many of the best Chiefs get brokedicked when needed the most. :cuss:

It's years and years of being kicked in the dick as a Chiefs fan, amirite?

The Chiefs can stay in the playoff hunt until he gets back. If they don't, they can't blame it on Houston. The idea that they can win huge games at the end of the year and especially in the playoffs without a healthy Houston is a lot more difficult to believe. If they can hang on without him, and he actually comes back healthy around week 11 or so, then this will end up being a non-issue.

notorious
09-11-2016, 09:26 AM
It's years and years of being kicked in the dick as a Chiefs fan, amirite?

The Chiefs can stay in the playoff hunt until he gets back. If they don't, they can't blame it on Houston. The idea that they can win huge games at the end of the year and especially in the playoffs without a healthy Houston is a lot more difficult to believe. If they can hang on without him, and he actually comes back healthy around week 11 or so, then this will end up being a non-issue.

They were a a stupid Davis fumble and dropped INT away from beating the Pats in NE without their best defensive player and 2 best offensive players.

They would have fisted Denver again.

This team is fine without Houston.

Rausch
09-11-2016, 09:30 AM
They were a a stupid Davis fumble and dropped INT away from beating the Pats in NE without their best defensive player and 2 best offensive players.

Once this team is healthy they can compete with anyone...

notorious
09-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Once this team is healthy they can compete with anyone...

Even missing key players they can beat anyone.

They are extremely talented.

BlackOp
09-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Everyone already knew he wouldn't be back until week 8. This just puts his return on schedule...nothing really new here.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-11-2016, 10:22 AM

Can sweep you with or without him

Pasta Little Brioni
09-11-2016, 10:23 AM

Yup sickening to see an inferior team given a title due to having the league marketing tool.

BossChief
09-11-2016, 10:50 AM
True.

That sucks, but atleast he'll hopefully be back for a playoff game.

That's all that matters.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2016, 11:01 AM
back week 9 maybe ... not 100% until when? Ever?

Bowser
09-12-2016, 11:03 AM
back week 9 maybe ... not 100% until when? Ever?

Never. He'll never be healthy again. 100 million dollars just pissed away. Because Chiefs, amirite?

Mr. Laz
09-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Never. He'll never be healthy again. 100 million dollars just pissed away. Because Chiefs, amirite?
I don't know.

The entire thing has just been so weird.

I guess i'm just paranoid that there is some nerve weakness and they don't want to tell anyone.

Bowser
09-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Why worry about it? I'll just take them at their word that he's on track to be back in that week 8-9 range until he proves he's not ready to go. THEN I'll worry about it.

beach tribe
09-12-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm just glad he's alive.

Hope he lives a happy and healthy life and enjoys fresh fruit and fine wine.

Football is meaningless.

I normally don't even bother, but this is just too stupid to exist.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Why worry about it? I'll just take them at their word that he's on track to be back in that week 8-9 range until he proves he's not ready to go. THEN I'll worry about it.

Yup

BossChief
09-12-2016, 01:12 PM
The whole thing makes me feel like they have absolutely no idea when he's gonna comeback, if at all and the moves they've made are in hopes of him returning and for the team to be able to use him as soon as he's ready.

All we keep hearing is how they don't really know and will get more updates soon...from the first time Justin got hurt it was really weird how they were reporting it.

It's not torn, just hyperextended.

It will heal on its own.

Won't need surgery and should be back for playoffs

Plays in playoffs a few snaps while looking like he shouldn't even be there.

Gets surgery to replace the ACL and pcl in February

Schefter says Houston might miss the whole season

All we hear are "we should know more after the next meeting with dr Andrews ....

Still, nothing.

I don't think they even know how long this is going to take because all along I've thought it could have something to do with the nerve. Which is a HUGE issue.

If the ligament isn't torn, but isn't functioning properly, what else could that mean besides a nerve issue?

OldSchool
09-12-2016, 02:00 PM
They already said early on that he wouldn't be back until after the BYE week.

big nasty kcnut
09-12-2016, 02:03 PM
LaCanfora is actually doing his job instead of pissing and moaning about the Royals?

ThaVirus
09-12-2016, 02:19 PM
I wish I could give this guy my fully functional ACL. It would probably snap the instant he planted his leg but it's not like I'm really using this thing for anything worthwhile.