PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What are some things we learned today?

Rain Man
09-11-2016, 04:27 PM
I learned...

Ware was no fluke last year.

If Smith and the offense push and take risks, they're better off.

The receiving corps could actually be strong based on the strengths of Maclin and Kelce.

Schwartz either isn't fully tuned in yet or he was oversold.

Ehinger was green, but I expected that.

Peters can't get cocky from last year, and needs to settle in and be more of a team player.

Gaines is going to hold his own just fine on the other side.

Our linebacker corps is really weak right now. Of course, they're essentially starting three backups, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Hali isn't going to be a regular player this year unless something changes. He's going to be a situational guy.

The defensive line is good against the run for the most part, but isn't generating any rush. We need a rush from the linebackers.

kcpasco
09-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Peters got schooled by a really good reciever and this Chiefs team has grit.

OldSchool
09-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Don't make dumbass over-reactionary threads.

Chiefshrink
09-11-2016, 04:58 PM
SD learned what we felt like last year when we gave Denver that win in Arrowhead. They will be scratching their heads all year on this game. Allen goes down but they were still able to get the score diffence to twenty-one pts.

Word is out now that we have a Paper Tiger D in both the run and pass defenses. Many of us saw this in pre-season getting gashed by the run and pass on the first team defense.

Word is out now on Peters not only how to run effective routes on him but you can get into his head as well which is even worse. Had Allen not gotten hurt I wouldn't have been surprised to see Peters eventually thrown out of the game. We will see very soon if Peters is a Paper Tiger as well.:shrug:

Ware wasn't going to have anything to do with our 3qrts of horrid play and was inspiringly productive from start to finish never wavering at any point which eventually inspired our team to follow suit in the 4th qrt.

I have really mixed emotions right now. Pissed,Worried,Grateful and Inspired all in one.

Our coaching staff is worried I assure you because they know teams will be licking their chops to expose our Paper Tiger D as well and why we really need our offense to carry the load this year and limit our D on the field for as much as possible.

stumppy
09-11-2016, 05:01 PM
this

Hammock Parties
09-11-2016, 05:03 PM
The Chargers will be no pushover this year.

Easy 6
09-11-2016, 05:03 PM
Going from 0-5 to ripping off 11 straight last year, to setting a franchise record for comeback victory today... proves this team has NO quit in it

Thats what I learned

Chief Roundup
09-11-2016, 05:10 PM
146 yards doesn't equal good or even decent against the run.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Albert Wilson sucks

The secondary didn't give up a ton of YAC

The pass rush is better with Hali in the game

Conley and Hill will figure into the Chiefs success this year

Eric Berry is rusty

Demetrius Harris and Ross Travis are perfect compliments to Kelce

DJ White will push for playing time

Ware and West are badass

Alex Smith was elite today

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2016, 05:18 PM
No passrush will leave the secondary extremely vulnerable I'very been saying this all last season continuing through now. Poe still isn't getting the same push in the passrush as he did pre-injury. Chris Jones turned it on and became disruptive in the 4th quarter.

I'll give Alex his due he had a good game, but I'm not going to jerk him off like others are. He still making two reads on one side of field, and if unavailable pulls it down and runs. Two Cassel also beat Rivers and the Chargers spurring the "worst day ever" Rivers gif. I want to see it again before crowning him.

Easy 6
09-11-2016, 05:18 PM
146 yards doesn't equal good or even decent against the run.

Yeah its still a problem for sure, looks just as bad as preseason

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2016, 05:19 PM
The Chargers will be no pushover this year.

LMAO

The Chargers scored 6 points without Allen

Hammock Parties
09-11-2016, 05:21 PM
LMAO

The Chargers scored 6 points without Allen

They look like a decent team.

The trip to SD will be tough.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2016, 05:22 PM
They look like a decent team.

The trip to SD will be tough.

In January?

LMAO

The Chargers will be looking to hit the beach.

Five in a row over the Chargers.

January will make it six.

O.city
09-11-2016, 05:23 PM
I agree with clay. SD looked better today. But without allen, will be different. Their d looks solid

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2016, 05:24 PM
I agree with clay. SD looked better today. But without allen, will be different. Their d looks solid

6 points without Allen.

That's far worse than the Chiefs without Maclin.

Pitt Gorilla
09-11-2016, 05:25 PM
DJ has regressed, and it appears to be largely mental. That sucks.

Frank Zombo sucks, but we knew that.

Overall, our defense doesn't appear to be disciplined and is often out of position. Sutton often exhibited the Herm "deer in headlights" look on the sideline.

Our O-line is vulnerable to pressure. On a related note, occasionally Alex was peeling out of the pocket, even though the pocket was fine (and ran into the pressure). That sucked.

BUT, we didn't give up. Ultimately, that was the biggest takeaway. Oh, and we need Houston back. Badly.

chiefzilla1501
09-11-2016, 05:25 PM
-Chiefs need to stop the bullshit game management. Play every game like you expect your defense to give up 30 points. I don't know how you preach that mentality to Alex Smith after 10 years. But he has to get that into his head. Play every down like they're down by 10

-I hope we can put to bed the argument that Houston isn't worth his contract. Man do they need him. The D needs to limp on until they get him back in November.

-1 or 2 big plays doesn't change Ford's mostly invisible performance. He wasn't good. I have more confidence in him now as a depth rusher, but he has to prove much more to be a starter

-First game I've seen Peters this riled up. If they don't control that, Denver will be very interesting. We can't afford for him to get kicked out of games

-Dorsey continues to do pretty well with secondary depth. Nelson and White didn't have great games, but they were better than I expected

-Mauga is a bigger loss than I realized. Our interior run D is really leaky and March took himself out of the play a few times. More disappointing... what the fuck is up with our DL? They got manhandled today

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2016, 05:26 PM
-Chiefs need to stop the bullshit game management. Play every game like you expect your defense to give up 30 points. I don't know how you preach that mentality to Alex Smith after 10 years. But he has to get that into his head. Play every down like they're down by 10

-I hope we can put to bed the argument that Houston isn't worth his contract. Man do they need him. The D needs to limp on until they get him back in November.

-1 or 2 big plays doesn't change Ford's mostly invisible performance. He wasn't good. I have more confidence in him now as a depth rusher, but he has to prove much more to be a starter

-First game I've seen Peters this riled up. If they don't control that, Denver will be very interesting. We can't afford for him to get kicked out of games

-Dorsey continues to do pretty well with secondary depth. Nelson and White didn't have great games, but they were better than I expected

-Mauga is a bigger loss than I realized. Our interior run D is really leaky and March took himself out of the play a few times. More disappointing... what the fuck is up with our DL? They got manhandled today
LMAO

The Chiefs showed up for the last 20 minutes today and scored 30 points while allowing 6.

chiefzilla1501
09-11-2016, 05:32 PM
LMAO

The Chiefs showed up for the last 20 minutes today and scored 30 points while allowing 6.

Both the defense and offense were atrocious in the first half. The offense found its way because, as I've said before, Alex Smith becomes a different QB when he's down. He was outstanding when he played with urgency.

The defense found its way because their top weapon got injured and I thought McCoy played way too conservative in the second half. I'm not at all encouraged by what I saw from the defense today, and I'm not the only one. There are some big problems that need to get figured out on D. We'll need to start winning more games with our O and to do that, we can't wait 3 quarters to put our foot on the gas. Good win, but we can't keep playing games this way.

O.city
09-11-2016, 05:37 PM
6 points without Allen.

That's far worse than the Chiefs without Maclin.

Like a few years back when we lost dj and devito and last year with charles I'm sure that was a shock to the Chargers moral.

I think they're better than they were last year basically. How much, who knows

O.city
09-11-2016, 05:44 PM
The march hate is a little premature. That was his first game and he seemed to play pumped up and not fundamental.

Guys tried to make big plays on their own in the running game instead of doing their jobs. It's all about gap responsibility

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2016, 05:47 PM
The march hate is a little premature. That was his first game and he seemed to play pumped up and not fundamental.

Guys tried to make big plays on their own in the running game instead of doing their jobs. It's all about gap responsibility

The Chiefs aren't going to face a Philip Rivers type QB every week, either.

The defense will grow but it will help that they won't face a likely HOFer each week

Rain Man
09-11-2016, 05:49 PM
I'll point out that the Chiefs have all the tiebreakers in the division right now. Best record in the division, best record in the conference, and most net points. If the season ended right now, they're the division winner.

O.city
09-11-2016, 05:51 PM
The Chiefs aren't going to face a Philip Rivers type QB every week, either.

The defense will grow but it will help that they won't face a likely HOFer each week

Nope, but that's also part of why it's tough to get too upset with the pass rushers.

They couldn't stop the run, it's tough to do much rushing the passer there when youre guessing.

pr_capone
09-11-2016, 05:53 PM
If Keenan doesn't tear his ACL, Chiefs start the season 0-1

staylor26
09-11-2016, 05:55 PM

If Gano and the Saints K make their field goals, so are the Broncos and Raiders.

Keenan Allen getting hurt is NOT a miracle. It's an inevitability.

RunKC
09-11-2016, 06:03 PM
We learned a lot, but probably most importantly that the defense will take some time to set in due to the youth injection.

March was not reading plays well today leading to some of those runs, Ford was struggling to get a pass rush until the 3rd quarter, Nelson did a decent job but still needs experience...same with DJ White.
This defense really misses Houston. The Chiefs are going to have to be creative the next 7 games. Luck, Big Ben and Brees are just as good as Rivers.

If Ford keeps playing like he did in the 2nd half, the Chiefs pass rush will again be top 10 (assuming Houston comes back to his old self).

Rain Man
09-11-2016, 06:04 PM

Meh. The Chiefs started the game without Jamaal and Houston due to knee injuries. If they weren't hurt, what would the score have been?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-11-2016, 06:09 PM

If justin houston and jamaal charles didn't have knee injuries. San Diego would have scored 10 points max.

SAUTO
09-11-2016, 06:10 PM

But he did. And the chiefs are 1-0.

lcarus
09-11-2016, 06:13 PM
Rivers and Keenan Allen have great chemistry and if that dude could stay healthy they would be a really tough offense to stop.

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Another issue IMO was the team wasn't totally focused because of the Kaepernick bullshit (Peters throwing up the Black Panther fist and such)

pr_capone
09-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Meh. The Chiefs started the game without Jamaal and Houston due to knee injuries. If they weren't hurt, what would the score have been?

Agreed. I don't know if I'm just being a grouse about this come from behind win but I am so completely unimpressed with this team and how they played against what is supposed to be the worst team in the division.

Ware was great and 4th quarter Alex Smith was great. Defense couldn't tackle and Peters played his worst pro game. The Smith we had at QB for the majority of this game was lost and panicked at a lot of phantom pressure. 16 seconds left in the half and you punt it away???

I'm not asking for blowouts, I realize this is just game one, and I understand the Chiefs will lose a few games this year. I didn't expect them to look like garbage against a garbage team.

chiefzilla1501
09-11-2016, 06:30 PM

Not hate. Just acknowledging he didn't play well today.

Chief Roundup
09-11-2016, 06:33 PM

You haven't been the same since the banner flying.

RINGLEADER
09-11-2016, 06:35 PM
Spencer Ware is different from Jamaal Charles but can do everything we need at that position. I may be in the minority, but I want him to keep starting. He is just a punishing player in a way that JC isn't.

pr_capone
09-11-2016, 06:36 PM

Go **** yourself.

Hows that. Is that a pre-banner or a post-banner type of response?

Halfcan
09-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Jones needs to start over Bailey. I like the kids motor.

Poe was getting blasted off the line-should we be worried?

Conley looks much improved.

Alex put this team on his back along with Ware.

Chief Roundup
09-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Go **** yourself.

I see I hit a never. I didn't know you were not self aware of how you have changed.
You seem nice though.

pr_capone
09-11-2016, 06:40 PM
I see I hit a never. I didn't know you were not self aware of how you have changed.
You seem nice though.

Yeah... since I flew that fucking thing people love to attribute whatever I do on this board to the banner.

I swear upon everything I hold dear and holy... I wish I had never though of the damn thing and we were still stuck with Pioli and I was just another anonymous poster on this board.

Chief Roundup
09-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Yeah... since I flew that ****ing thing people love to attribute whatever I do on this board to the banner.

I swear upon everything I hold dear and holy... I wish I had never though of the damn thing and we were still stuck with Pioli and I was just another anonymous poster on this board.

Hmm the others that were involved don't seem to have the same reaction to things since that point in time.

nychief
09-11-2016, 06:43 PM
1. I learned that we sleep walked through the first half.

2. We were slow to adjust.

3. Dee ford isn't our biggest problem in defense.

OldSchool
DJ has regressed, and it appears to be largely mental. That sucks.

Do you think that there is a chance that he was filling one gap while expecting March to fill the gap that he left open?

I don't think that a dominant veteran ILB can just fall off like DJ appeared to do today. For all way know, those mistakes could have been because the other ILB didn't fill his responsibility.

pr_capone
Hmm the others that were involved don't seem to have the same reaction to things since that point in time.

Marty is hardly around and Clay has been banned how many times? (while others definitely helped... the three of us were the primary people behind SOC... not that it fucking matters)

Same exact thing though. :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
Spencer Ware is different from Jamaal Charles but can do everything we need at that position. I may be in the minority, but I want him to keep starting. He is just a punishing player in a way that JC isn't.

Agreed

Ware is special

nychief
09-11-2016, 06:44 PM
4. Zombo was exposed in coverage.

Sandy Vagina
09-11-2016, 06:45 PM
also agree. I don't have the extra yrs of sentimentality over JC.

I want Ware to be the main back at this point. He can do it all.

A package or two with JC and Ware out there together? Now that sounds good.

Ming the Merciless
09-11-2016, 06:48 PM
The truth is probly in between the biggest homers and worst trolls.

I doubt this is a 13-3 team but we aren't terrible either.

SD probably is more like their second half than first and we are more like the second half than 1st IMO.

Let's see what that looks like against a legit team

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2016, 06:50 PM
The truth is probly in between the biggest homers and worst trolls.

I doubt this is a 13-3 team but we aren't terrible either.

SD probably is more like their second half than first and we are more like the second half than 1st IMO.

Let's see what that looks like against a legit team

Outcomes aren't based on whether or not a team beats a "legit team".

It's based on consistency.

The Chiefs have now won 11 straight regular season games.

That's consistency.

KChiefs1
09-11-2016, 06:50 PM
WareWolf needs a lot of playing time when JC gets back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O.city
09-11-2016, 06:52 PM
They legitimately believe they should and can win every game. Haven't had many chiefs teams that embody that.

Chief Roundup
09-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Jahleel Addae is the one that got fined over $23,000 last year for the hit on Maclin, going to the head. He is the one that went high and hit Maclin in the head again today which also drew a flag. I hope they fine this guy heavy and maybe even suspend him for a while.

Ming the Merciless
09-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Outcomes aren't based on whether or not a team beats a "legit team".

It's based on consistency.

The Chiefs have now won 11 straight regular season games.

That's consistency.

If you think the chiefs were consistent today then I really can't argue further.

Chief Northman
09-11-2016, 06:58 PM
I'm mildly disappointed CPers:

I thought someone would have mentioned by now that a huge diiference in the offensive production was when the Chiefs were essentially forced to go hurry-up/no huddle down multiple scores. The Charger defense became more conservative, Smith got into rhythm, and give Reid credit for anticipating some looks they would get and attacking appropriately.

A lot of concerns, especially defensively, but I'll take the result and feel good that however ugly the outing was, the team never quit. The elation expressed by the players after the win was awesome to see!

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2016, 07:02 PM
If you think the chiefs were consistent today then I really can't argue further.

For the last 20 minutes of the game, they outscored the Charger 30-0.

That's consistent.

Fuck the first half.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-11-2016, 07:19 PM
Ware is a helluva receiver

Ming the Merciless
09-11-2016, 07:33 PM
**** the first half.

Yah if you read what I originally said, I think you and I are in agreement.

What I would like to see is how the 2nd half team plays against a team capable of playing the way the chargers were playing in the 1st half.

Thats all.

Because I think that is truly what we will see the rest of the year...We aren't anywhere close to as bad as we were in the 1st half. And we will be facing teams much better than the chargers most of the time.

Thats why I am saying the truth is in the middle somewhere. Were not as bad as we were in the 1st half and were not going to always be facing a team as bad as the Chargers played in half 2.

GoShox
09-11-2016, 07:34 PM
I learned that Sean McGrath is back in the NFL

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2016, 07:35 PM
I learned that Sean McGrath is back in the NFL

And just as effective as in the past

New World Order
09-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Without Allen the Charger offense looked like dog shit.

It shouldn't be tough.

O.city
09-11-2016, 07:38 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article101246667.html

Nice write by Terez. I like that the Chiefs are seeming to not be satisfied with the comeback.

CanadianChiefs
09-11-2016, 07:39 PM
This game made me finally create an avatar for this site after 3 years.

KEEP DOUBTING

BlackOp
I've learned that you take the first game of the season with a grain of salt.

SD had a different OC than last season and their line is healthy. River's is a great QB when he has a clean pocket. He was on his game today.

Poe, Howard and Bailey had a poor game but I've seen enough of them to know it was an anomaly. Not worried about them.

I cant wait to see JC and Ware together on the field.

KC allowed 6 points after halftime.

JoeyChuckles
The first game of the season is often one of the most flukey. We saw it against Tennessee two years ago. And look at some of the other games around the league too. I think we'll improve quickly.

kgrund
09-11-2016, 07:40 PM

Their O will be pretty good, but I do not see that D being that great.

kgrund
09-11-2016, 07:42 PM
I've learned that you take the first game of the season with a grain of salt.

SD had a different OC than last season and their line is healthy. River's is a great QB when he has a clean pocket. He was on his game today.

Poe, Howard and Bailey had a poor game but I've seen enough of them to know it was an anomaly. Not worried about them.

I cant wait to see JC and Ware together on the field.

KC allowed 6 points after halftime.
I am worried about the DL. This goes back to preseason. The DL is getting manhandled.

suzzer99
09-11-2016, 11:50 PM
Going from 0-5 to ripping off 11 straight last year, to setting a franchise record for comeback victory today... proves this team has NO quit in it

Thats what I learned

I feel like the Royals inspired them.

suzzer99
09-11-2016, 11:54 PM

Go **** yourself.

Hey I give pr_capone a lot of credit. Here's a thread where a bunch of (mostly ex-) poker players offer all kinds of money to fly a banner saying JOE KNEW over the Penn St. game. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=50706742) Did it ever happen? Of course not. Because poker players are notoriously lazy and no one had any gumption. I give tons of credit to people who actually make things happen.

pr_capone even offered to help with any advice when I reached out to him. But none took him up on it.

Discuss Thrower
09-12-2016, 12:03 AM
I learned...

Ware was no fluke last year.

Yup.

If Smith and the offense push and take risks, they're better off.

Yup.

The receiving corps could actually be strong based on the strengths of Maclin and Kelce.

Another WR showing up as a dependable contributor would be more than optimal. The outcome of last year's divisional round game against NE will transpire more often than not if either guy gets injured and taken out of the game.

Schwartz either isn't fully tuned in yet or he was oversold.

Ehinger was green, but I expected that.

Hard to gauge any particular guy's OL play from out seats.

Peters can't get cocky from last year, and needs to settle in and be more of a team player.

I'll take cockiness if his play on the field backs it up.

Gaines is going to hold his own just fine on the other side.

I'll take your word for it.

Our linebacker corps is really weak right now. Of course, they're essentially starting three backups, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Hali isn't going to be a regular player this year unless something changes. He's going to be a situational guy.

The defensive line is good against the run for the most part, but isn't generating any rush. We need a rush from the linebackers.

All of this is true. Hats off to Dee for getting a sack in a high leverage situation but he's gotta do more as a third year former first round pick. Sutton's gotta call up shit to take pressure off the edge guys to generate the pass rush in future games as long as Houston is out (which, apparently, is at least until November.)

Zombo is who he is... and he isn't a starter. Hali isn't young enough to be out there full time. I'll take the DL not getting sodomized in the running game before I start asking for them to eat QBs.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-12-2016, 12:33 AM
I learned that this place still overreacts and has clearly learned nothing despite the win streak of last season..

suzzer99
09-12-2016, 01:06 AM
It took the biggest come back in Chiefs history to overcome our start. And we threw an INT in Chargers territory down 17 with 12:45 to go. Win probability had to be < 1% at that point.

rico
09-12-2016, 01:15 AM
Was today the best you guys have ever seen Alex look? It was for me. How about you 49ers fans who have followed him forever...has he ever looked elite like he did throughout this game???

I just still can't believe it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-12-2016, 05:54 AM

-Mauga is a bigger loss than I realized. Our interior run D is really leaky and March took himself out of the play a few times. More disappointing... what the **** is up with our DL? They got manhandled today

Nelson led the team in tackles with 9 including 1 TFL

Sandy Vagina
09-12-2016, 05:56 AM
Was today the best you guys have ever seen Alex look? It was for me. How about you 49ers fans who have followed him forever...has he ever looked elite like he did throughout this game???

He always had those glimpses of excellence. You'd see them more often if he gets good pass protection, and the playcalls allowed more for it. Andy seems to call so many designed plays.. and I suspect Smith, being the boyscout, sticks with most of them. Not a fan of this.

One thing that remains clear... and it really should after all those dark SF years since drafted... is that he is mentally tough.. won't quit.

Despite the myth, he doesn't lack confidence in himself. He'll stand in there and take the hits.. even take some aggressive shots downfield.. but he needs to be sold on trusting the players around him. We are starting to really see take shape.

Aspengc8
09-12-2016, 06:04 AM
The pass rush was significantly better when Jones and Hali were in. Ford and Zombo are both atrocious. Might as well let Dadi get some looks now.

kepp
09-12-2016, 06:34 AM
I learned to not turn the game off after the third quarter to mow the lawn :facepalm:

TEX
09-12-2016, 07:15 AM
I am worried about the DL. This goes back to preseason. The DL is getting manhandled.

Yep. There should be concern. In preseason there were tons of excuses for it, mostly the ,"It's just preseason" explanation. Deal is, that time is over and they got their asses kicked for real - for a longer period of time. Not good at all as it effects everything on defense.

I will say they picked it up late 4th quarter, so that could be a sign they are working things out, but also could mean SD changed their approach with the big lead and / or got gassed from kicking their asses all game up to that point...

KChiefs1
09-12-2016, 07:22 AM
The first game of the season is often one of the most flukey.

Excellent take.

I remember several Super Bowl teams who looked like dogshit in the first game.

Beef Supreme
09-12-2016, 08:37 AM
DAT, a healthy scratch ... again. WTF is up with this guy?

FloridaMan88
09-12-2016, 09:20 AM

First three quarters of the Indy playoff game was as good as I have seen Alex Smith play, at least as a Chief.

The fourth quarter and OT of yesterday's game was close though.

threebag
09-12-2016, 09:26 AM
We had absolutely the worse commentators yesterday.

Mav
09-12-2016, 09:31 AM

The Saints playoff game will always be my favorite Alex Smith game just because of what he had to do to get the win.

But yesterday from the 3rd quarter on was the only time I've seen Alex Smith play at an elite level. Not saying he is elite, but he played elite. That throw to Kelce and that back shoulder to Maclin for the TD are throws that Alex hasn't shown the ability to make.

CupidStunt
09-12-2016, 09:35 AM

-Mauga is a bigger loss than I realized. Our interior run D is really leaky and March took himself out of the play a few times. More disappointing... what the **** is up with our DL? They got manhandled today

I agree a LOT with all of this, except Mauga.

They could've replaced him with any Average Joe, but so far it's been with Dumpster Dave. And more to the point, every single other member in that front seven has been playing worse than when Mauga was in the lineup. The more that I think about it, it seems like each guy playing like ass is making the guy next to him play worse. DJ has always been a consistent, great player but with the DL blowing chunks, maybe he's trying to do too much, worrying about too many angles, etc. Hali is the only guy with a genuine excuse IMO - age and lingering injuries. Ford is just a giant, wet pussy. March is young and has all that enthusiasm, but is fragile and so inexperienced. He's gonna make all kinds of mistakes and look outright stupid often - the hope is he learns.

BTW, people seemed to enjoy the idea that Berry is the leader of this D, but to me it was always Houston and everyone really seems to miss his leadership and obviously the fact he's the best player on D. He seemed to hold people accountable after big plays etc. When they were getting gashed every play early yesterday, no one stood up. You can tell Peters cares out on the edge, but it's hard for a corner. Hali and DJ have never been vocal enough, and Sutton definitely isn't tough enough on the sidelines. Say what you will about meathead coaches, you definitely need at least one somewhere on the bench lighting a fire under these guys. It's hard to complain when you get no performance out of no talent, but we genuinely have the talent in terms of draft status/salary/coaching, so these guys need to step the fuck up.

O.city
09-12-2016, 09:37 AM
Houston is unbelievable as a player, but he's not solving what happened yesterday alone.

That was a coaching issue, player issue and well, everything issue.

WhawhaWhat
09-12-2016, 09:38 AM
It was a nice 9 year run for Jamaal Charles as a member of the Chiefs.

I wasn't paying attention to it at all yesterday but did anyone notice Ware's pass blocking abilities. Jamaal Charles did a pretty good job in his prime and I hope Ware keeps that going.

The Franchise
09-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Houston is unbelievable as a player, but he's not solving what happened yesterday alone.

That was a coaching issue, player issue and well, everything issue.

Even DJ looked like shit. No idea why.

tomahawk kid
09-12-2016, 09:50 AM
A consistent knock on Andy Reid has been his team's "starting slow".

I think that's what we saw yesterday. Neither side of the ball looked ready to play, and we couldn't match the Chargers intensity for 2 & 1/2 quarters.

Side note: I'd bet $10 that Dez Moses is re-signed this week.

pr_capone
09-13-2016, 03:51 AM

God dammit... I must have infected Sam. He isn't the same after the banners either!!!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article101410552.html

▪ Keenan Allen’s injury really changed a lot, for both teams. He was open, basically every snap. The Chiefs had nothing for him. That injury changed so much.

Bob Dole
09-13-2016, 05:57 AM
Bob Dole learned that we still have people blaming Alex for Andy's play calling.

Mav
09-13-2016, 06:08 AM
Bob Dole learned that we still have people blaming Alex for Andy's play calling.

Yeah. It really is like Andy tries so hard to be cute that he out thinks himself, but when he lets Alex just play, the results are much better.

pr_capone
09-13-2016, 12:38 PM

I'll give it to Alex in this game. He is and never will be Aaron Rodgers but he doesn't deserve the Cassel 2.0 moniker either.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2016, 01:24 PM

LMAO

DJ White played exactly ONE snap, which was a tackle for no gain

OldSchool
09-13-2016, 02:12 PM
LMAO

DJ White played exactly ONE snap, which was a tackle for no gain

It was a hell of a snap though.

HemiEd
09-13-2016, 05:18 PM
Marty is hardly around and Clay has been banned how many times? (while others definitely helped... the three of us were the primary people behind SOC... not that it ****ing matters)

Same exact thing though. :rolleyes:

Hey now, I was the first to donate!:D

pr_capone
09-13-2016, 06:15 PM
Hey now, I was the first to donate!:D

Really... the first 10 people to pledge, and actually make the donations, is what made the whole thing work. The money started spilling in after the first 10.