PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

gblowfish
09-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Ten Things About Today’s Game: Week One

10. Welcome back to “Ten Things” for 2016. Wow, what a tale of two halves! Before I get into multiple “things” I wanted to reminisce a little bit about 15 years ago. When 9/11 happened, all games the very next Sunday were cancelled. The first game played by the New York Giants was in Arrowhead Stadium. You all know the environment for visitors at Arrowhead is usually unruly and downright nasty. On that particular day, when the Giants took the field, the Arrowhead crowd gave the Giants team a standing ovation. Firefighters passed fireman’s boots in all the sections, and the fans donated several thousand dollars for relief of the families affected by the 9/11 attacks. I’ve never been prouder to be a Chiefs fan. It still gives me chills to think about it. 15 years later, we’re still fighting jihadist idiots, but more importantly we’re still playing football on Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium - thanks to those who put themselves -VOLUNTARILY- in harm’s way to protect our freedom. So, God Bless America, and let the game day experience begin.

9. My day did not get off to a good start. The parking bozos still have Arrowhead twisted into a giant cluster F. This is the absolute truth. I was in line to turn into Stadium Drive, heading West on US 40 at 10:10am. After waiting patiently in a line of cars for about 15 minutes, when I was one car away from turning left into Stadium Drive, the KCMO cops came out and put a bunch of orange traffic cones across the turn for people coming from the East to turn in on Stadium, and made us all go to Manchester, and come in from the South. “It’ll be faster“ said the cop. Yeah…. well, I ended up going to Manchester, turning onto Stadium from the West, and ended up parking in the very back row of Lot F, which is waaaaay far away from the stadium. And we didn’t get parked until five minutes till kickoff. So it took an hour and forty five minutes to go about a half mile. Inexcusable. No tailgate time, and I missed the first three or four minutes of the game. I got in my seat when Santos was kicking the first field goal. They MUST fix this parking mess. There’s just no reason why if you’re at the stadium almost two hours prior to kickoff, that you can’t get parked and settled inside.

8. Today was the largest comeback win in Chiefs history (coming back from being down 24-3). But for the first three quarters of the game, San Diego dominated both sides of the ball. The offensive line couldn’t keep Alex clean, giving up three sacks. The Chiefs defensive front was terrible. Woodhead had over 100 all purpose yards, lots of them on little dump passes or blasts right up the middle. Poe had one tackle today, and was run over for the majority of the game. Hali did nothing, DJ did basically nothing. Peters, nothing. No forced turnovers, and the Bolts were almost 50% on third down conversions. This team as a whole was in a deep deep funky sleep until San Diego got greedy and missed a 54 yard field goal. That was the turning point and it seemed to finally wake their collective asses up.

7. I think we need to play Jones more in the line rotation. He is nowhere to be found on the stat sheet today, and he’s our first pick. I think they need to get Jones in on the line to generate some push. That kid has a future if they give him some PT. Linebacking as a whole was weak today. Ford was the only one to register a sack. It came at an opportune time, but man, this whole defense was lethargic for most of the game. Bailey and Poe had three tackles between them, and that’s just not good enough defensive line play. That unit must play better, and soon.

6. Linebackers weren’t much better. The rookie March led the team in tackles with eight. DJ did close to nothing Zombo made a couple decent plays, Hali looked slow and couldn’t defeat a block all day long. Phyllis even got loose for a ten yard scramble, which is rare for him. Unless Ford steps up his game, its going be hard to generate a pass rush without Houston most of the year. Also, the defense was running around right before the snap on several third down plays, like there was confusion as to what defense Sutton called. That needs to be ironed out. Can't have that, especially on a third down situation.

5. I was afraid Peters was going to get run for two personal fouls. The second one looked like it might be coming when a San Diego receiver’s helmet came flying off. Phyllis picked on Peters quite a bit. We have to remember he’s still just a second year player. I thought Gaines played OK on his return, and I thought Berry looked a step slow. He’s still having trouble covering tight ends one on one. His skipping camp was not a good thing, and it may take a few weeks for Berry to get back into game shape. Overall I thought the secondary did much better than the D-Line and Linebackers. Phyllis passed for 243 and lost. That’s the Phyllis we all know and love.

4. I’m going to say something that may sound like crazy psycho fan talking, but Spencer Ware reminds me a lot of Marcus Allen. He is not Marcus -nobody is of course- but, he has many similar traits. Besides wearing 32, he runs with his eyes up, he reads holes well, he falls forward, and he catches the ball and does something with it after the catch. Ware had almost 200 all purpose yards, and without his effort today, we don’t win. Kudos to #32 for a big day.

3. For those of you who bag on Alex on days when he sucks, you have to hand it to the man today. He did not give up, even after a tough pick that was a great play by the San Diego DB; but he was smart with the ball, ran when he had to, was on the money in crunch time, and took the rock in for the win in OT. I think this game will buy him a lot of gravitas with his team mates. This is what a winning QB does. When the team is down, he put it on his back and stormed back with (ultimately) 23 unanswered points to win. Eight different guys caught the ball. When the game was over I noticed that the Canadian Doc was walking with a pronounced limp, so I think he’ll be in the tub for a day or two. Maclin took a shot to the head on a pass in the fourth quarter, but was back on the field during the OT, so I think he’ll be OK to play next week.

2. Chiefs won special teams battle big time. Both teams were kicking off deep, so not many return chances. Punting and missed FGs killed the Bolts. Kaiser only averaged 29 yard punting, and his last two punts were total crap. Colquitt did OK; he hit a 50 harder and there were only two punt returns for very short yardage. The Brazilian Midget hit all his FGs and XPTs, whereas Lambo missing a 54-yarder for the Bolts started the KC comeback. TOP averaged out better towards the end of the game. The Bolts had the ball about three more minutes than KC. Penalties were about even, Bolts had more calls against them, KC had more penalty yards.

1. The only thing that scares me about today is that San Diego is supposed to be the weak sister in the division. If it took a miracle comeback for us to beat these clowns on our home field, there is much work to be done to play well against the Donks and Faiders. Thank God Phyllis was Phyllis, and found a way to moisten his panties once again at Arrowhead. No bad injuries for the Chiefs, and now here we go up against the Ost-Weasle in Houston. You know they’re going to be hungry for payback after we shellacked them in the Playoffs, so I see this as a very tough game, but certainly a winnable game. It was nice to be the victor in a big improbable comeback; we’ve been on the other side of games like this too many times. People may say we stole this game, or the Bolts gave it away, but a division game at home? We’ll take it every damn time.

I’ve had kind of a rough off season, and it was great to be back in Arrowhead today watching football. It was a sight for sore eyes, literally. Can’t wait for next week!

Pointer19
09-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Rep for 10 Things being back. Thanks GBlow.

Red Beans
09-11-2016, 05:50 PM
You're the tits, George. Keep up the good work.

Buzz
09-11-2016, 05:53 PM
You have a good memory, If the Chiefs play like they did the second half for the rest of the season, we have a chance.

Easy 6
09-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Its great to have 10 Things back, gb!

Have to agree about Poe and the entire D line, its unacceptable, Poe in particular was routinely pushed around... he looks like half the player he used to be

And I totally agree about MOAR Chris Jones

Mr. Flopnuts
09-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Great insight George. I think a comeback win like this to start your year is about as big of a boost as you can get. 11 straight regular season wins, and they're getting the rust out. I'm not saying I enjoyed going down 24-3 going into the half, but I can say that they're going to go into Houston next week with confidence. They'll need it. Houston REALLY wants to beat our asses after last year. They're going to be on their A game. I'm excited to see how they respond after this game next week in a very hostile environment.

MMXcalibur
09-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Great to have this back, George.
Always look forward to this topic on Sunday evening.

stevieray
09-11-2016, 05:56 PM
It's one thing to win a shootout....it's totally another to come back and win after a 24-3 deficit.

Arrow pointing up.

p.s. almost walked down to see you..

SAUTO
09-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Good to hear from you George

Rain Man
09-11-2016, 06:00 PM
I really don't understand why parking is such a problem at Arrowhead. I remember missing most of the first quarter of a game 20 years ago because the parking lot was bottlenecked. In 20 years they can't figure out how to solve the problem?

I kind of want to write to them as a consultant and offer my services to fix it. It can't be an unsolvable problem. I have to think they're just trying to solve it on the cheap or they don't care about solving it. But it's a major impact on the customer experience.

Where do we think the bottleneck is? There's a lot of volume so I know there's lots of cars, but does the system get bottlenecked at taking payment? Confirming parking passes? Is it because of directing people to reserved parking? Do they screw up flowing people toward empty sections? There's a solvable problem there and it's insane that they don't fix it.

TribalElder
09-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Hell yes

2bikemike
09-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Thanks George, and welcome back "Ten Things" Sorry to hear of your parking troubles. I don't know how after all these years they can still F-Up the parking situation.

threebag02
09-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Great read thanks George.

Kman34
09-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the recap Mr Blowfish.... All divisional games are tough no matter what year or record it is.... Both teams know each other so well

siberian khatru
09-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Yay, George!

Sandy Vagina
09-11-2016, 06:13 PM
Strong and enjoyable read.

The one thing I would comment on specifically is this.

1. The only thing that scares me about today is that San Diego is supposed to be the weak sister in the division. If it took a miracle comeback for us to beat these clowns on our home field, there is much work to be done to play well against the Donks and Faiders.

In week one, there's no guarantee that a perceived weak team from the yr before really will be again. SD really played hard, and the injuries they had last yr obviously helped to cripple them. Not at all to leave the KC defense blameless. The missed tackles were plentiful, some wide open targets, and they appeared to be generally outschemed often.

I think that SD team gives most teams a hard showing, if they bring that every week, and Allen returns healthy. This division is gonna be ROUGH to win out on top of.

Spott
09-11-2016, 06:14 PM
That parking situation sounds nuts. I don't see them figuring it out anytime soon. They've been playing games in that parking lot since the early 70's and you would think they woud have it figured out by now.

L.A. Chieffan
09-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Thank you for the write up as always, forgive me but who is the Canadian Doc?

gblowfish
09-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Thank you for the write up as always, forgive me but who is the Canadian Doc?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/16958/laurent-duvernay-tardif

Buehler445
09-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Great read George. Agreed on all 10.

I'm supremely disappointed in Poe and the DL. Hali and Ford pushed Phyllis forward so goddamned many times. All they had to do was get A LITTLE push and they'd be up in his business. They got fucking stoned on every play in the first half. Ridiculous. Phyllis has always raped when he has a clean pocket.

Meatloaf
09-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Excellent summary, George. I can see you're back in game day shape already!!! Love your 10 Things.

Tribesman
09-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Great write up as usual. Thanks! I always look forward to your "Ten Things...." posts.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Strong and enjoyable read.

The one thing I would comment on specifically is this.

In week one, there's no guarantee that a perceived weak team from the yr before really will be again. SD really played hard, and the injuries they had last yr obviously helped to cripple them. Not at all to leave the KC defense blameless. The missed tackles were plentiful, some wide open targets, and they appeared to be generally outschemed often.

I think that SD team gives most teams a hard showing, if they bring that every week, and Allen returns healthy. This division is gonna be ROUGH to win out on top of.

Brandon Mebane and that WR they picked up are big participants. That team is much better than they were last year.

Halfcan
09-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Great write up bud! Sorry about the parking, sounds like a real cluster.

Charger came in with an excellent game plan on both sides of the ball. It has been awhile since KC has been that thoroghly dominated in all facets of the game.

Andy said after the game-the guys finally said enough is enough of this shit and decided to start playing Chiefs football. Amazing win for Alex.

We defiantly had a lot of rust, Berry, Hali and our front Dline seemed to be sleepwalking most of the game. Baily and Poe were mandhandled. We seemed scard to make the tackle, preferring to paw at the ball and hold on their jerseys. Morse was Mebanes bitch for half the game.

Ford had a big hit run stop and a timely sack. I think their is hope for him.

Ware and West were effective-they both ran hard, caught some catches for big gains- and West had a show stopping block in passing defense. Alex would have taken a huge hit if he didn't pick up the blitz and put that lick on him.

The fifth straight win over Chargers was a soul crushing overtime loss for Rivers. Love it! That is the way to start the season.

displacedinMN
09-11-2016, 06:33 PM
George next two jobs

1. Parking consultant
2. Radio color man that replaces Len Dawson.

Chiefs4TheWin
09-11-2016, 06:35 PM
Glad 10 things is back! Sucks about the traffic though. That sounds deplorable and inexcusable! I wrote us off at half but glad I kept watching! A win is a win!

Mav
09-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Thanks George! Great as always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThaVirus
09-11-2016, 06:43 PM
1 is what has me worried.

Let's just hope it was a combo of divisional game being the first game of the season while we get our sea legs under us.

I'll feel much better about things if we go to Houston next week and put on a strong showing. Otherwise I'm going to temper expectations and expect somewhere between 7 and 9 wins.

otherstar
09-11-2016, 06:43 PM
Great read as always! Thanks!

KChiefs1
09-11-2016, 06:44 PM
Great stuff George.

Glad you could see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
09-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Great read George, Thank You.

tecumseh
09-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Thank you, Mr. Flopnuts. I completely agree with all points. I've not been to Arrowhead so thanks for the heads up if I ever make the trip. Will be in Indy on Oct. 30th.

Gonzo
09-11-2016, 06:56 PM
If it's one thing I must admit, Andy is great at making adjustments. Second half adjustments and mid-season ones. He's going to look at this performance and make the team better. We had no right winning that game today and 90% of the time, we don't. However, the team with more confidence did win today.

Al Czervik
09-11-2016, 06:59 PM
Money....as always GB....
Hope your feeling better!!!!

REDHOTGTO
09-11-2016, 07:00 PM
Always a good read George and as always spot on

TinyEvel
09-11-2016, 07:01 PM
Great read. I ,too, noticed the Defense constantly moving around and yelling teach other and shrugging before the snap. It was like they never had a pre-season. Looked totally unprepared. Second half the got better.

I think this game was like the London game last year. It's gonna set these guys on a huge momentum to fight their a$$es off. Last year started with that terrible Donks loss at home. and a bunch of fails. This was a great way to put some swagger and confidence in the team going forward. Lots of work to do though.

BDj23
09-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Always a good read.

Thanks man.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Thank you, Mr. Flopnuts. I completely agree with all points. I've not been to Arrowhead so thanks for the heads up if I ever make the trip. Will be in Indy on Oct. 30th.

What'd I do? I mean, I'm happy to help in any way that I can. Did you just have Flopnuts on the brain? :D

Best22
09-11-2016, 07:24 PM
I never understood why people assumed the Chargers were gonna be a weak team. They returned thier (previously injured) offensive line, Kenaan Allen, and picked up Benjamin. This was gonna be a tough out especially with our beaten up defense

I was just glad to get the win

Pawnmower
09-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Great job as always man.

Your write ups are always a highlight of my week.

kgrund
09-11-2016, 07:30 PM
I really don't understand why parking is such a problem at Arrowhead. I remember missing most of the first quarter of a game 20 years ago because the parking lot was bottlenecked. In 20 years they can't figure out how to solve the problem?

I kind of want to write to them as a consultant and offer my services to fix it. It can't be an unsolvable problem. I have to think they're just trying to solve it on the cheap or they don't care about solving it. But it's a major impact on the customer experience.

Where do we think the bottleneck is? There's a lot of volume so I know there's lots of cars, but does the system get bottlenecked at taking payment? Confirming parking passes? Is it because of directing people to reserved parking? Do they screw up flowing people toward empty sections? There's a solvable problem there and it's insane that they don't fix it.

Simple. The Chiefs have operated like the government. The problem started when they tried to fix a problem that never existed. It is called WAY too much micro management.

alpha_omega
09-11-2016, 07:36 PM
Thanks george.

good insight on the parking issue.

Go Royals
09-11-2016, 08:11 PM
Great read, George. I love me some Spencer Ware

ping2000
09-11-2016, 08:14 PM
This week should have been Top Five. We only played one half.

GloryDayz
09-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Great read.

And I seriously think the parking deal is planned. Call me crazy but I think they want fewer tailgaters and more sales inside the stadium.

notorious
09-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Great read.

And I seriously think the parking deal is planned. Call me crazy but I think they want fewer tailgaters and more sales inside the stadium.

Greed gone wild.

Buehler445
09-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Great read.

Hadn't thought of that. That's a good way to dramatically reduce ticket sales.

GloryDayz
09-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Hadn't thought of that. That's a good way to dramatically reduce ticket sales.

It makes no sense, but they simply can't be having all this trouble this many years into sell-outs of Arrowhead. I've been going since 1999 when we moved here, and the only thing that really screws things up are the toll gates (which the online ticket should have fixed [and I thought was a great idea]), and the goofy channeling they're doing. We always tailgated on the grass below the Missouri Visitor's Center, now they make it all but impossible.

Don't get me wrong, somebody gets there, but I started getting directed all over the place and "go in gate 2, and stick to the right (so you could get up on the grass)" wasn't always allowed. Nothing like having your tailgating group broken-up! Hell, I had to turn around on time, go back towards ITT Tech (or what used to be ITT Tech!!!) and get back in line.

So we just started parking in the ITT lot, and usually saving some decent coin in the process.

Anyway, great game, and I'll wait and see if they can fix the parking.

cabletech94
09-11-2016, 09:05 PM
man how i've missed ten things (and football in general).

do you "see" what i did there?
fine write up as usual george!! could be a great start to a great season!! as always, well done, SIR.

srvy
09-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Great read I was late getting to it. Worth the wait thanks.

gblowfish
09-11-2016, 09:30 PM
There were quite a few empty seats in the upper deck today. I didn't see the posted attendance, but it wasn't a true sellout. The weather was perfect. About as good as you could ask for. I think a lot of people have hit critical mass on ticket prices and parking prices, and the cluster that is the parking situation.

I also had the thought that some of the delay might be by design to lessen tailgating and forcing people to park late, run into the stadium and then be forced to pay the outrageous prices for food and drink inside. My wife and I just had a hot dog and a bottle of water, then we had a couple beers and some food back at our car afterwards while we waited for traffic to clear out. We're going to either have to go in even earlier (three hours vs two hours) or just plan to not tailgate and eat after the game at home or at a restaurant.

And as far as the snarl, when the stadiums were remodeled a few year ago, Arrowhead actually LOST some seat capacity. Clearly there were empty seats in the stadium, so the crowd size is by no means beyond crowd sizes in years past. We never had these kinds of delays until Mark Donovan started screwing with the "parking pattern." I agree with the comments about creating a solution to a problem that didn't exist until the solution was applied. I think it's been micromanaged so much, and all the channeling and other BS, that the cure has caused the disease. They need to build more entrances into the complex with more toll booths, and maybe build more paved lots if necessary. God knows at $40 a pop, they should have the money to do it.

RunKC
09-11-2016, 09:34 PM
73,238 attended today. 95%

BryanBusby
09-11-2016, 09:34 PM
I think the parking changes has a lot to do with it.

People think you're gonna pay $40, no matter what, to park now so you can enter a disaster maze so that they can piss allover you like R Kelly if you plan to tailgate.

It's going to keep people away until they kill this new plan.

MeatRock
09-11-2016, 09:40 PM
The prize of Chiefsplanet, Gblowfish's 10 things. Love reading these. Thanks.

GloryDayz
09-11-2016, 09:52 PM
There were quite a few empty seats in the upper deck today. I didn't see the posted attendance, but it wasn't a true sellout. The weather was perfect. About as good as you could ask for. I think a lot of people have hit critical mass on ticket prices and parking prices, and the cluster that is the parking situation.

I also had the thought that some of the delay might be by design to lessen tailgating and forcing people to park late, run into the stadium and then be forced to pay the outrageous prices for food and drink inside. My wife and I just had a hot dog and a bottle of water, then we had a couple beers and some food back at our car afterwards while we waited for traffic to clear out. We're going to either have to go in even earlier (three hours vs two hours) or just plan to not tailgate and eat after the game at home or at a restaurant.

And as far as the snarl, when the stadiums were remodeled a few year ago, Arrowhead actually LOST some seat capacity. Clearly there were empty seats in the stadium, so the crowd size is by no means beyond crowd sizes in years past. We never had these kinds of delays until Mark Donovan started screwing with the "parking pattern." I agree with the comments about creating a solution to a problem that didn't exist until the solution was applied. I think it's been micromanaged so much, and all the channeling and other BS, that the cure has caused the disease. They need to build more entrances into the complex with more toll booths, and maybe build more paved lots if necessary. God knows at $40 a pop, they should have the money to do it.

We've gone to using our small ball-style grill and doing hot dogs, or wings, before the game on not-cold-as-hell games, then the boys-three like to stop at Bass Pro and eat there on the way home. On cold days we pack-up the fire-pit (that's been modified to grill too) and usually do steaks. The days of the 5-family tailgates are done (but they sure were fun), but all we ever do inside the game are drinks. That's bad enough..

But the ball grill and the fire-pit pack pretty easy, and we can use them no matter where they goofs send us to park. Not that a Royals game parking lot is as nutty as a Chiefs game, but we've gone to doing that fire-pit thing for some games, and using Google maps to let the rest of the party know where we are - so all they have to lug are chairs (if we don't pack enough).

TrebMaxx
09-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Been missing 10 Things. Thanks George.

suzzer99
09-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Ten Things! I missed you so much!

suzzer99
09-11-2016, 10:18 PM
There were quite a few empty seats in the upper deck today. I didn't see the posted attendance, but it wasn't a true sellout.

The game was blocked on my Directv streaming due to it not being a sellout (I went in through a Denver-based VPN). Luckily it was on local TV so I didn't care. Interesting that you can still get it locally, but I can't see it on Sunday Ticket.

suzzer99
09-11-2016, 10:28 PM
4. I’m going to say something that may sound like crazy psycho fan talking, but Spencer Ware reminds me a lot of Marcus Allen. He is not Marcus -nobody is of course- but, he has many similar traits. Besides wearing 32, he runs with his eyes up, he reads holes well, he falls forward, and he catches the ball and does something with it after the catch. Ware had almost 200 all purpose yards, and without his effort today, we don’t win. Kudos to #32 for a big day.

I just re-watched his TD to tie the game. It's a carbon copy of a Marcus Allen TD run. Know exactly where the goal line is, find a wormhole and burrow through it to get just over the goal.

CaliforniaChief
09-11-2016, 10:40 PM
Spencer Ware just blew my mind today. He's quick, smart, and has serious burst. I had no idea he could be that good of a receiver, too.

Thanks for sharing, George. I love your perspective.

RINGLEADER
09-11-2016, 11:05 PM
I would add two points:

2(b): Despite some solid special teams we were (mostly) atrocious in the field position battle except for the gift at the end from San Diego's punter. I like to say that if the Chiefs play the way they have on their current 11 game regular-season winning streak they can't be stopped. That field position battle is a big part of what gets this team wins.

The other thing that I think bears noting is that I believe we only had one dropped pass today (and that one came on a big hit against Wilson). That was something that started to become apparent in the pre-season -- our receivers are getting their hands on the ball and they're pulling everything in. Some of the catches on the last couple drives were really extraordinary -- they weren't done with one hand or anything so I doubt you'll see many replays of them but the TD to Maclin, the sideline pass to Ware and the throw along the other sideline to Kelce were really well done.

gblowfish
09-11-2016, 11:21 PM
This Kissel guy is starting to piss me off... (don't accept cheap imitations...)

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-vs-Chargers-10-Observations/6eada750-fb55-4119-9fdc-47f883aea631?sf35666791=1

Discuss Thrower
09-11-2016, 11:52 PM
Primo post as usual, George.

big nasty kcnut
09-12-2016, 12:01 AM
Great read George. Also why don't they use the Royals end for a parking lot? Also they should open the gates at 7 a.m. so people can BBQ and have fun before kickoff.

Discuss Thrower
09-12-2016, 12:04 AM
Great read George. Also why don't they use the Royals end for a parking lot? Also they should open the gates at 7 a.m. so people can BBQ and have fun before kickoff.

They do.

They filled in the lots directly in line with the scoreboards first before they started to fill in Lots H and A.

MeaTy The Pimp
09-12-2016, 04:18 AM
Great read George. I look forward to these takes after every game.

scho63
09-12-2016, 04:22 AM
Ten Things About Today’s Game: Week One

10. Welcome back to “Ten Things” for 2016. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

9. My day did not get off to a good start.
Sounds like they turned the parking situation into on giant CLUSTER F! Sorry for the mess...

8. Today was the largest comeback win in Chiefs history (coming back from being down 24-3).
I will be the first to admit I was a doubting Thomas!

6. Linebackers weren’t much better.
They looked confused, out of shape, always behind the play, and like college guys against pros. Mnay times they were not ready for the snap. They need to be MUCH BETTER QUICKER! This was pretty much everyone's weak spot prior to the season.

5. I was afraid Peters was going to get run for two personal fouls.
He was NOT ready and was looking punked the entire time Keenan Allen was in the game. That injury changed the whole dynamic of the game.

4. I’m going to say something that may sound like crazy psycho fan talking, but Spencer Ware reminds me a lot of Marcus Allen. Kudos to #32 for a big day.
FOR SURE! :D

3. For those of you who bag on Alex on days when he sucks, you have to hand it to the man today.
That was easily one of Alex's top 3 moments as a Chief

1. The only thing that scares me about today is that San Diego is supposed to be the weak sister in the division.
All the pundits were claiming San Diego would be one of the WORST teams in football. Boy were they wrong!

I’ve had kind of a rough off season, and it was great to be back in Arrowhead today watching football. It was a sight for sore eyes, literally. Can’t wait for next week!

WELCOME BACK GBLOWFISH!

How is your eye doing? Floaters and other crap?

Sorry the "new and improved" parking is so horrific. Sounds like the fans need to do some boycott or mass protest to fix it back to the way it way. IDIOTS with ideas to make things better rarely do.

I was working on my computer with a extended big screen and came close to packing it in at 24-3. I was completely shocked that we came back and the injury, missed field goal by SD and that crappy punt were the 3 big factors that allowed us to win.

Now onward and upward to Houston and that is going to be a very tough game!

Thanks GB as always.......:thumb:

BlackHelicopters
09-12-2016, 05:08 AM
Terrific, per usual. Thanks George.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-12-2016, 09:10 AM
This Kissel guy is starting to piss me off... (don't accept cheap imitations...)

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-vs-Chargers-10-Observations/6eada750-fb55-4119-9fdc-47f883aea631?sf35666791=1

I won't even read that trash. Come onto this website and steal ideas. Nuh uh!

I'm part of a largely pro Seahawk group on Facebook and a bunch of them were bitching about losing Ware to us and how well he is doing. They like Rawls enough, but they're seeing Ware and taking note.

KCChiefsFan88
09-12-2016, 09:18 AM
After watching Alex Smith lead yesterday's comeback I am convinced more than ever that Andy Reid's ultra conservative play calling holds him back and doesn't allow him to get in a rhythm.

lcarus
09-12-2016, 09:19 AM
I thought Hali beat his guy a couple times. Mostly in the 2nd half, but there were a couple plays where I said to myself "The younger Hali makes that strip sack from behind"

The Franchise
09-12-2016, 09:20 AM
After watching Alex Smith lead yesterday's comeback I am convinced more than ever that Andy Reid's ultra conservative play calling holds him back and doesn't allow him to get in a rhythm.

Big Andy needs to relinquish the playcalling.

CupidStunt
09-12-2016, 09:23 AM
One of the things about week one is that you don't know how good the other team is. Despite the result, I'm still pretty down about the performance because I expect SD to be awful. If you need that kind of comeback vs a 4-12 type team, your season is gonna be a long and painful one. However, if SD surprises the rest of the way, we'll look back and understand that this was a higher quality win. But let's say they get their asses kicked next week and we also lose to a mediocre Texans team, I mean it's a pretty depressing outlook IMO.

The other thing that makes me frustrated is seeing certain successes and knowing Reid and co. will refuse to try to reproduce it, namely Alex being unshackled and the offense doing well. We've seen this time and again, the Indy playoff game, etc etc. But I absolutely fucking know what's coming next week. The OL *should* be pretty good -- an expensive #1 overall LT, high-priced FA RT -- and we handsomely paid our #1WR and TE. Let these guys run 30 yards down the field and beat someone, PLEASE. I see it in practically every other game I watch. And the funny thing is, even if the offense isn't coming down with it, you're always seeing PI penalties for big yardage anyway.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Big Andy needs to relinquish the playcalling.

I read that Alex called the 3rd down option play into the endzone yesterday.

The Franchise
09-12-2016, 09:24 AM
I read that Alex called the 3rd down option play into the endzone yesterday.

During the broadcast yesterday.....they were questioning why Reid had to call the play into Nagy....who would then send the play into Smith.

Smith is fucking smart enough. Either send the play directly into him or let Nagy call the plays. We're fucking wasting time for no reason.

O.city
09-12-2016, 09:32 AM
The Chargers have a really good group of corners and Ingram and attachou are pretty solid passrushers.

Discuss Thrower
09-12-2016, 09:33 AM
During the broadcast yesterday.....they were questioning why Reid had to call the play into Nagy....who would then send the play into Smith.

Smith is ****ing smart enough. Either send the play directly into him or let Nagy call the plays. We're ****ing wasting time for no reason.

Andy gonna Andy.

gblowfish
09-12-2016, 09:48 AM
Last night Petro was saying he thought the turning point in the game was SD wide out Allen blowing his knee out. Maybe. I think it was SD's poor special teams play and their defense was gassed in OT. Glad we won the coin flip!

Mr. Flopnuts
09-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Last night Petro was saying he thought the turning point in the game was SD wide out Allen blowing his knee out. Maybe. I think it was SD's poor special teams play and their defense was gassed in OT. Glad we won the coin flip!

I think that was huge. Him not being on the field changed the whole scope of the game.

gblowfish
09-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Pictures from the KC Star are here:
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/chiefs-photos-videos/article101269947.html

Mr. Laz
09-12-2016, 11:10 AM
:clap:

underEJ
09-12-2016, 12:00 PM
I used ztrip to get a ride into the game. It was a little more than parking would have cost (10 dollars more including the round trip,) but it was totally worth it. Arrived with no issues, dropped off at the lot J corner by the HyVee gate, and picked up immediately after the game was final. I was home from an OT game before 4:00. That just isn't possible driving myself and parking. Will do again.

Chiefnj2
09-12-2016, 12:19 PM
Turning point of the game was the Defense holding after the INT. Followed by Andy going for it on 4th and 2. Much better game time decision making by Andy.

Other random observations:

- There was some great blitz pickups in the game.
- Maclin took some big shots. Did they give him the concussion protocol after the helmet on helmet in the 4th quarter?
- Smith was clutch getting the come from behind monkey off of his back.
- Old man Hali had some energy late in the game.
- Losing Allen sucks for SD, but completely turned the game in KC's favor. He was in Peters' head.
- Fortune favors the brave and not settling for FG's.

Discuss Thrower
09-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Referee bitching:

There was a half-assed inadvertent whistle on one of the KC possessions...

gblowfish
09-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Referee bitching:

There was a half-assed inadvertent whistle on one of the KC possessions...

The refs saved Marcus Peters. He could have been tossed from the game easily in the first half for two personal fouls.

Discuss Thrower
09-12-2016, 03:06 PM
The refs saved Marcus Peters. He could have been tossed from the game easily in the first half for two personal fouls.

Technical issues about refereeing are egregious. The IW helped KC because it made at least one Charger in coverage hesitate on the play.

tx4chiefs
09-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Rep for 10 Things being back. Thanks GBlow.

Agreed!

gblowfish
09-13-2016, 08:33 AM
I sent the Chiefs an email yesterday about the parking cluster F, and I got this back in return today:

Dear George:

We do certainly apologize for your parking experience yesterday. Your feedback is truly beneficial to us as we can use the timeline provided to do research on how to better the parking process for future games. In providing us with the gate you entered through, when you arrived to the complex, etc… this is exactly what we need to provide to our Senior Parking and Logistics Coordinator so that we can improve our processes.

Our goal is always to provide a safe and efficient parking process so we truly apologize that this was not your experience yesterday. When we implemented our new policy, the goal was to utilize every space we had in the stadium and make the transition as efficient as possible. We made the change based on what we heard from our season ticket members in the past to increase their positive gameday experience and certainly can make additional changes based on your feedback as well.

Rest assured that we are always working to improve our processes and will make sure to address your concerns as best as possible. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to give us a call at 816-920-4237.

InChiefsHell
09-13-2016, 09:25 AM
Holy shit, it's 10 things! Football season is HERE!

Nice as always George.

InChiefsHell
09-13-2016, 09:27 AM
I sent the Chiefs an email yesterday about the parking cluster F, and I got this back in return today:

Dear George:

We do certainly apologize for your parking experience yesterday. Your feedback is truly beneficial to us as we can use the timeline provided to do research on how to better the parking process for future games. In providing us with the gate you entered through, when you arrived to the complex, etc… this is exactly what we need to provide to our Senior Parking and Logistics Coordinator so that we can improve our processes.

Our goal is always to provide a safe and efficient parking process so we truly apologize that this was not your experience yesterday. When we implemented our new policy, the goal was to utilize every space we had in the stadium and make the transition as efficient as possible. We made the change based on what we heard from our season ticket members in the past to increase their positive gameday experience and certainly can make additional changes based on your feedback as well.

Rest assured that we are always working to improve our processes and will make sure to address your concerns as best as possible. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to give us a call at 816-920-4237.

My once a year pilgrimage to Arrowhead, I get there at like 8AM...so I don't anticipate a problem. In fact, every year I hear the bitching about parking and I've always thought it was overblown, but then again, I DO get there 4 hours before kickoff...

gblowfish
09-16-2016, 10:19 AM
Today I got this email back from the big traffic kahuna himself, Mark Donovan. I have the feeling he had to answer a LOT of emails about the parking snafu last Sunday. The Chiefs have sent me two apology emails this week, let's just hope they can fix this cluster, which would be much better than apology emails:

Good Morning George,

I wanted to personally reach out to you and apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced with traffic and parking prior to our opening victory on Sunday.

Our team takes great pride in delivering the best gameday experience in sports and we did not do that on Sunday. While the overtime victory was one we will all remember for a long time, it is frustrating and unfortunate that a bad parking experience may be a part of that memory for you.

What many of our fans experienced on Sunday is unacceptable. We are committed to improving the parking and traffic experience at Arrowhead and have identified specific factors that created much of the congestion and delays, including decisions we made when trying to deal with the heaviest volume of traffic. We are confident that these can be addressed and that the experience will improve for the next home game.

Thank you for your patience and your support of the Chiefs. You are what make the Arrowhead experience special and we will do everything in our power to make it the best in sports again.

Thank You and Go Chiefs!

Mark Donovan
President

Bowser
09-16-2016, 10:24 AM
TL;DR - We know people are pissed, and we are "working on it". But how about that come from behind win, huh?

gblowfish
09-16-2016, 10:43 AM
TL;DR - We know people are pissed, and we are "working on it". But how about that come from behind win, huh?

Exactly.

Too bad I missed the first five minutes of the first quarter since I only got to the stadium Two Hours before kickoff....

Bowser
09-16-2016, 11:30 AM
Exactly.

Too bad I missed the first five minutes of the first quarter since I only got to the stadium Two Hours before kickoff....

My sister in law got there around 10:45 and didn't get parked until 12:30. It's ridiculous.