PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFF's highest rated week 1 LT: Eric Fisher

RunKC
09-12-2016, 05:58 PM
Don’t look now, but Fisher is quietly becoming a pretty good left tackle. He allowed just three total pressures in his 71 snaps versus the Chargers, and graded well against the run and on screens into the bargain.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-pffs-team-of-the-week-for-nfl-week-1/?utm_content=buffer04298&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Yeah I'd say he might be worth that extension guys.

cabletech94
09-12-2016, 06:05 PM
how 'bout that. love to see this. even if it gives giant bonerz to the stat-nerds.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-12-2016, 06:07 PM
So who kept getting demolished in the first half ?

Pointer19
09-12-2016, 06:07 PM
I haven't paid much attention to him, but I remember seeing lots of naysayers on this community.

TLO
09-12-2016, 06:12 PM

The right side of the line - if my memory serves me correctly.

Sandy Vagina
09-12-2016, 06:17 PM
Fisher got owned quickly on one pass play, but I don't remember anything more where he stood out in sucktitude.

fairladyZ
09-12-2016, 06:25 PM
morse got beat several times, as did the rookie and LDT. Schwartz looked to get confused on a couple adjustments and switch offs but wasn't terrible. Fisher got beat the one time and got the holding call but other than that looked like an anchor.

Rain Man
09-12-2016, 06:26 PM

Yeah, it seemed like the right of the line was having trouble, and sometimes the middle. I really don't remember much coming from the left that did anything. Fisher will turn out to be the greatest pick of his draft class, I bet.

Deberg_1990
09-12-2016, 06:26 PM
Should I bump some of those threads from 2013-14?

Mr. Laz
09-12-2016, 06:32 PM
morse got beat several times, as did the rookie and LDT. Schwartz looked to get confused on a couple adjustments and switch offs but wasn't terrible. Fisher got beat the one time and got the holding call but other than that looked like an anchor.
the interior of San Diego's Dline is tough

Mebane and Liuget are quality guys

JoeyChuckles
09-12-2016, 06:33 PM
But the week isn't even over yet.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-12-2016, 06:33 PM

I thought PFF rated LDT and Swhartz really good ??

LoneWolf
09-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Nice to see, I guess, but PFF is still a fucking joke.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2016, 06:56 PM
Schwartz was a little disappointing yesterday

Candiru
09-12-2016, 06:56 PM
I can't believe Ehinger beat out Reid and Fulton

RunKC
09-12-2016, 07:00 PM

That sack he "gave up" was on Alex. Schwartz gave Alex time, but he fucked around and took the sack.

TimBone
09-12-2016, 07:08 PM
That's my adopted Chief! Check the sig!

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2016, 07:10 PM
That sack he "gave up" was on Alex. Schwartz gave Alex time, but he fucked around and took the sack.

I wasn't referring to the sack.

Maybe he was overhyped but I saw him out of place and looking for someone to block several times.

Direckshun
09-12-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm so proud of Fisher. It's awesome he's made such progress.

Shows mental fortitude on his part. Shows great coaching on the staff's part.

And -- not for nothing -- but I'm willing to wager Smith has more than a little to do with this. It's probably a huge relief to Fisher, who struggled early, to block for Smith, who ALSO was a former #1 pick who was largely disregarded as a bust for years before finally turning the corner.

I wouldn't be surprised if Smith himself has given Fisher pointers on how to handle the pressure and to calmly, slowly, get stronger and perfect his technique.

Fisher still has a ways to go, but this was a great performance that I hope sets the tone for the season.

BossChief
09-12-2016, 07:23 PM
This line is pretty good already and will get better as they work together and build cohesion.

RINGLEADER
09-12-2016, 07:31 PM
I can't believe Ehinger beat out Reid and Fulton

He's definitely the weak leak at the moment. Outside of him the line is pretty stout.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2016, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Smith himself has given Fisher pointers on how to handle the pressure and to calmly, slowly, get stronger and perfect his technique

Direckshun: Gold Medal Olympian in the Long Jump

I've never seen anyone make as many ridiculous leaps as you, each and every season.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Dorsey does it again.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-12-2016, 08:36 PM
I watched him closely on the 2nd viewing. Looked like a Franchise LT. Was that good.

-King-
09-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Yeah, it seemed like the right of the line was having trouble, and sometimes the middle. I really don't remember much coming from the left that did anything. Fisher will turn out to be the greatest pick of his draft class, I bet.

DeAndre Hopkins might have something to say about that.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
09-12-2016, 08:41 PM

He's not even the best Chiefs pick from that class lol

NJChiefsFan
09-12-2016, 08:57 PM

I've never seen anyone make as many ridiculous leaps as you, each and every season.

He does make jumps a lot. However I'm not so sure how off this really is. Even they aren't talking about it with each other, not crazy to think that he sees Alex and it gives him perspective and patience in himself.

Mav
09-13-2016, 06:54 AM

Turned out to be a pretty damn good two picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lzen
09-13-2016, 07:13 AM

Catapano?

:D

Direckshun
09-13-2016, 07:48 AM

LMAO

It's self-preservation, too. Smith probably doesn't want to get speared from behind every other play.

Helping his left tackle manage the incredible pressure of his unique draft position isn't an unreasonable assumption.

BleedingRed
09-13-2016, 07:59 AM

First game, I would say it was just Rust

L.A. Chieffan
09-13-2016, 08:06 AM
My Rating for their rating 17.8

Direckshun
09-13-2016, 08:15 AM

I think he played better than we give him credit for.

PFF is not gospel or anything, but one thing it does is brilliant: it penalizes QBs for some sacks if they were the primary reason the sack occurred.

The sack that "Schwartz gave up" was pretty much Smith running straight into the defender.

DJ's left nut
09-13-2016, 08:47 AM
I think he played better than we give him credit for.

PFF is not gospel or anything, but one thing it does is brilliant: it penalizes QBs for some sacks if they were the primary reason the sack occurred.

The sack that "Schwartz gave up" was pretty much Smith running straight into the defender.

Yup.

He had a pocket but instead rolled outside of the pocket exactly where Schwartz was routing his man. That sack was 100% Smith's fault and frankly the other two probably were as well (unless the all-22 shows that everyone downfield was just blanketed).

Smith's pocket awareness was piss poor. The line was largely credible.

RunKC
09-13-2016, 08:53 AM
Fisher looked like a franchise tackle and Ford got some pressure, looked solid vs the run and notched a sack and QB hit.

Big showing for Dorsey's 1st rd picks that everyone on CP hates

WhawhaWhat
09-13-2016, 08:59 AM

Grunhard said on Petro's show that it looked like the interior guys had some communication problems. That should get fixed as they play together more.

WhiteWhale
09-13-2016, 09:32 AM
I like PFF, but their method for grading OL is garbage.

However I did not once yell "Good God Fisher, block someone!"

So that's an improvement.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-13-2016, 09:41 AM
From what I could tell at the game, the Chargers got their pressure by twisting and confusing the interior linemen. By games end it didn't seem to be a problem. Thought they all did really well as a unit overall.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2016, 09:53 AM
Grunhard said on Petro's show that it looked like the interior guys had some communication problems. That should get fixed as they play together more.

This makes the most sense, actually.

These guys just haven't played much together and they should be a solid, if not spectacular, unit by December.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Here's a good question: Why burn a roster spot on a Fullback but put him on the field for only 1 snap?

DJ's left nut
09-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Here's a good question: Why burn a roster spot on a Fullback but put him on the field for only 1 snap?

I'm guessing "get behind by 21" wasn't in the gameplan.

When you're getting your ass waxed like that and have to throw the ball 50 times, it's hard to really hold them responsible for not putting the FB on the field.

Bowser
09-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Just for Knowmo - :)

notorious
09-13-2016, 10:49 AM

Let's hope that he's there to work over a few teams down the road.

Mr. Laz
09-13-2016, 10:54 AM
From what I could tell at the game, the Chargers got their pressure by twisting and confusing the interior linemen. By games end it didn't seem to be a problem. Thought they all did really well as a unit overall.

Happened all preseason, teams will continue to do it until we start handling it.

Mr. Laz
09-13-2016, 10:56 AM
Fisher got beaten pretty badly by a spin move but then Fisher knock the guy down with his butt as he tried to run past. It was funny as hell.

Kept the guy in check though. LMAO

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2016, 12:04 PM
I'm guessing "get behind by 21" wasn't in the gameplan.

When you're getting your ass waxed like that and have to throw the ball 50 times, it's hard to really hold them responsible for not putting the FB on the field.

I don't know, man. It seemed to me that Sherman wasn't in their game plan. He's a good blocker in the passing game but wasn't utilized there either, which is surprising considering their early struggles.

But how fitting is it that Albert Wilson played 69% of the snaps?

Even the Universe is telling him that he sucks ass.

ct
09-13-2016, 03:20 PM

some french guy

OldSchool
09-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Yup.

He had a pocket but instead rolled outside of the pocket exactly where Schwartz was routing his man. That sack was 100% Smith's fault and frankly the other two probably were as well (unless the all-22 shows that everyone downfield was just blanketed).

Smith's pocket awareness was piss poor. The line was largely credible.

Actually he didn't have a pocket on that play. The interior was collapsing and a man was running free at Smith which is why he moved back and tried to escape around Schwartz but ran into Attaochu.

OldSchool
09-13-2016, 03:30 PM
some french guy

Morse got beat by Mebane for one of the sacks. Ehinger also struggled a bit.

CupidStunt
09-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Fisher looked like a franchise tackle and Ford got some pressure, looked solid vs the run and notched a sack and QB hit.

Big showing for Dorsey's 1st rd picks that everyone on CP hates

Your boner for Ford is comical. Ford got barely any pressure and was garbage against the run. He did get one real nice sack, no debate on that. But your rush anchor needs to be a hell of a lot better than that pussy has showed so far.

I love how wins change people's perspective so much. Yeah we snuck out an OT win on the back of Ware and co in the 4th. The defense, particularly the front seven, was fucking trash. NO ONE was good. Don't kid yourself. We made a midget scat back look like Jim Brown. Ford was a big part of that.