PDA

View Full Version : Football Bills just fired their OC

jjchieffan
09-16-2016, 11:54 AM
Funny. I thought the problem was the defense.

Can't link right now. I'm driving and barely had time at the light to post

KCCHIEFS27
09-16-2016, 11:56 AM
Uh oh. Look out NFL.

In58men
09-16-2016, 11:56 AM
He doesn't even have an offense to begin with. Watkins is garbage, I would be trade him away for a 4th round pick.

Easy 6
09-16-2016, 12:01 PM
Deck chairs on the Titanic, their plight is wholly owned by one Rex Ryan

ThaVirus
09-16-2016, 12:01 PM
Bills have pieces.

Taylor is a good QB, McCoy is a plus back, OL is above average and Watkins, Clay, Goodwin are a decent receiving group.

They've looked like shit as a unit so far this season. Defense too, though.

MahiMike
09-16-2016, 12:02 PM
Bwahahahaha! !! Won't fire his brother.

WhawhaWhat
09-16-2016, 12:02 PM
Playoff bound now.

staylor26
09-16-2016, 12:04 PM
This guy was being talked about for HC coaching jobs not too long ago.

Hard to have consistent success when Taylor, McCoy, and Watkins have battled injuries for the past two years.

The Franchise
09-16-2016, 12:07 PM
Yet Rob Ryan still has a job.

DaKCMan AP
09-16-2016, 12:07 PM
Give up over 500 yards and 37 points....fire the OC! The Ryan brothers should be chased out with pitchforks and fire....or just drive an ice cream truck by and they'll follow it...cause they're fat...and fat people like ice cream.

displacedinMN
09-16-2016, 12:08 PM
Never hire a Ryan

Amnorix
09-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Bills have pieces.

Taylor is a good QB, McCoy is a plus back, OL is above average and Watkins, Clay, Goodwin are a decent receiving group.

They've looked like shit as a unit so far this season. Defense too, though.

They really don't have enough talent across the board. They just don't. They've got a few good players here and there, but the OLIne is maybe slightly above average, and other than McCoy, nobody is that serious a threat on offense. Watkins is a good, solid WR, but he's not really terrifying, though he might be better with a better QB.

Taylor doesn't suck, but he's not special.

Their D is the same thing, though probably some more talent here and there.

Just not a ton to work with. They're not completely untalented like the Browns (outside of Thomas), but they just don't have that much to work with.

Pitt Gorilla
09-16-2016, 12:10 PM
Yeah, giving up 500 on D is a good way to get your O coordinator fired.

ModSocks
09-16-2016, 12:10 PM
Yet Rob Ryan still has a job.

For now...

ThaVirus
09-16-2016, 12:11 PM
They really don't have enough talent across the board. They just don't. They've got a few good players here and there, but the OLIne is maybe slightly above average, and other than McCoy, nobody is that serious a threat on offense. Watkins is a good, solid WR, but he's not really terrifying, though he might be better with a better QB.

Taylor doesn't suck, but he's not special.

Their D is the same thing, though probably some more talent here and there.

Just not a ton to work with. They're not completely untalented like the Browns (outside of Thomas), but they just don't have that much to work with.

Speaking specifically about the guy's I mentioned on offense, I'd say they're above average (excerpt Goodwin but he is useful with his speed).

Taylor needs to be more consistent, I will say. He can suck shit and then look All-Pro a moment later.

Amnorix
09-16-2016, 12:11 PM
Bills next two are vs Arizona and at New England. 0-4 is easily achievable, en route to what is likely a 5-11 type season.

ThaVirus
09-16-2016, 12:12 PM
Bills next two are vs Arizona and at New England. 0-4 is easily achievable, en route to what is likely a 5-11 type season.

Yeah, I'd say they're pretty much dead in the water already.

It's a long season but I don't think they're the type of team to rattle off 10 straight like the Chiefs did last season.

staylor26
09-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Speaking specifically about the guy's I mentioned on offense, I'd say they're above average (excerpt Goodwin but he is useful with his speed).

Taylor needs to be more consistent, I will say. He can suck shit and then look All-Pro a moment later.

Those guys you mentioned haven't been on the field together and healthy for more than a few games the past couple of years. Agree that Taylor needs to be more consistent though.

This year, their defense has been completely ****ed also with both of their top two draft picks being out and Dareus being suspended.

Amnorix
09-16-2016, 12:16 PM

Outside of McCoy, and maybe Incognito, whose game has gotten alot better the last few years, I don't think anybody on that team offense is any kind of threat to make the Pro Bowl.

Taylor holds all the cards, in many ways. You're exactly right -- too inconsistent. At times he looked damn good, but at times he looked damn awful. If he can really step it up, then they will finally have something to work with.

As it stands, it's just a "meh" team.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2016, 12:17 PM
Greg Roman was given a lot of credit for re-making the 49ers offense with Alex Smith and then Colin Kaepernick but clearly, the credit should have gone to Harbaugh.

ThaVirus
09-16-2016, 12:17 PM
Those guys you mentioned haven't been on the field together and healthy for more than a few games the past couple of years.

This year, their defense has been completely fucked also with both of their top two draft picks being out and Dareus being suspended.

True.

Williams looked damn good in McCoy's stead, though. How does he let himself go after such a promising start?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-16-2016, 12:18 PM
Taylor and Goodwin are "pieces" now ROFL

ThaVirus
09-16-2016, 12:18 PM
As it stands, it's just a "meh" team.

Agreed.

Meh team, questionable coaching, shit franchise.

staylor26
09-16-2016, 12:20 PM
True.

Williams looked damn good in McCoy's stead, though. How does he let himself go after such a promising start?

His girlfriend/wife got pregnant and he ate everything with her. The guy looked like a DT when he reported this offseason.

Mile High Mania
09-16-2016, 12:26 PM
Maybe they'll clean house and make a move for McDaniels... surely, he's close to getting his 2nd shot at hc.

B2chiefsfan
09-16-2016, 12:26 PM
Bwahahahaha! !! Won't fire his brother.
LMAO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Franchise
09-16-2016, 12:27 PM
Maybe they'll clean house and make a move for McDaniels... surely, he's close to getting his 2nd shot at hc.

I'd like to see them go after Haley.

staylor26
09-16-2016, 12:27 PM

I expect Haley and McDaniels to be two of the top candidates for HC jobs this year.

Amnorix
09-16-2016, 12:33 PM

I would TEND to think that McDaniels won't go to an AFC East team, outta respect for tha Godfatha, kind of thing.

Though Nick Saban went to the 'phins, and they're still tight, so who knows.

For all we know McDaniels has a pinky promise to become the Pats HC in a few years after BB retires. He's 63, and said a few years ago that "you wont' see me coaching at 70 like Marv Levy" or something.

But who the hell knows.

BlackOp
09-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Ryan pretty much destroyed a top-3 defense....two years ago, no way would they have given up 500 yards to the Jets.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-16-2016, 12:57 PM
Rex Ryan needs to be someone's DC

Rob Ryan needs to run a Bar & Grill

Discuss Thrower
09-16-2016, 01:09 PM
Haley would be pretty dumb to leave Pittsburgh on his own. Stay under Omar Epps' skirt until that regime (aka Roethlisberger) collapses.

Easy 6
09-16-2016, 01:54 PM

Nice call, couldnt agree more... he will instill some discipline in that team, something they badly need

If he learned anything from his time here, he'll make an excellent HC

staylor26
09-16-2016, 02:00 PM

Just realized we posted this at the same time.

Pussies think alike? :shrug:

The Franchise
09-16-2016, 02:01 PM
The Sporting News' Alex Marvez reports the Bills' front office forced coach Rex Ryan to fire OC Greg Roman as a "sacrificial lamb" following Thursday night's embarrassing home loss to the Jets.

Buehler445
09-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Heard this today. Also heard that he was the HIGHEST PAID COORDINATOR IN THE NFL. How the fuck does that happen?

Kman34
09-16-2016, 02:17 PM
He doesn't even have an offense to begin with. Watkins is garbage, I would be trade him away for a 4th round pick.

They said last nite that the offense was built around Watkins... I think he is playing with one foot so having an offense depending on one player and he is hurt is kind of dumb

Discuss Thrower
09-16-2016, 02:17 PM
Heard this today. Also heard that he was the HIGHEST PAID COORDINATOR IN THE NFL. How the fuck does that happen?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/08Tv-yPvw4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kccrow
09-16-2016, 02:20 PM
When your defense is on the field for 2/3 of the game like the Bills' defense was, then offense is part of the problem. And that game wasn't as close as the score or the points the Bills put up. If it weren't for Salas going for 71 yards and Goodwin for 84, that offensive performance is abysmal.

That being said, Rex and Rob best take some heat of their own for the defense, because it wasn't good enough despite time on the field. When you have 3 receivers hit you for 18 catches and 319 yards, there are problems in the secondary and with the scheme. None of those receivers are fast, so its scheme/talent.

ct
09-16-2016, 02:29 PM
that offense is a mess, don't martyr greg roman just yet. but good lord the defense is clearly the issue for this team.

OldSchool
09-16-2016, 02:53 PM

Yeah, trade him to us.

Candiru
09-16-2016, 03:31 PM
Rex is a complete clown.

HemiEd
09-16-2016, 04:03 PM
Deck chairs on the Titanic, their plight is wholly owned by one Rex Ryan

We have seen this dance before. Someone had Cassel rammed up there ass by Pioli.

RobBlake
09-16-2016, 04:35 PM
Greg Roman was given a lot of credit for re-making the 49ers offense with Alex Smith and then Colin Kaepernick but clearly, the credit should have gone to Harbaugh.

I hated Roman so much when he was with us. Helped the run game initially but predictable play calling.. terrible passing schemes. Harbuagh is a genius. Roman, is not.

KChiefs1
09-16-2016, 04:53 PM
Bills are a dumpster fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimBone
09-16-2016, 05:24 PM
Give up over 500 yards and 37 points....fire the OC! The Ryan brothers should be chased out with pitchforks and fire....or just drive an ice cream truck by and they'll follow it...cause they're fat...and fat people like ice cream.
That's true. We do.

NWTF
09-16-2016, 05:30 PM
Bills are a dumpster fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems things took a downturn when Doug Marrone left abruptly. They wernt a good team yet, but it looked like they were on their way up.

wazu
09-16-2016, 05:39 PM
He deserved to be fired for not getting the ball to Sammy Watkins.

Buehler445
09-16-2016, 06:29 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/08Tv-yPvw4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I see said the blind man.

I had forgotten.

FloridaMan88
09-16-2016, 07:11 PM
Who has been the worst off since leaving Jim Harbaugh's orbit with the 49ers?

The 49ers organization? On their second HC, multiple guys retired early, etc.

Colin Kaepernick? From electric QB with superstar potential to a back-up to freaking Blaine Gabbert and has become a societal pariah.

Greg Roman? Fired in Week 2 during his second season in Buffalo as OC.

Vic Fangio? DC on a mediocre Chicago Bears team with an average/mediocre defense.

jjchieffan
09-16-2016, 08:08 PM
Who has been the worst off since leaving Jim Harbaugh's orbit with the 49ers?

The 49ers organization? On their second HC, multiple guys retired early, etc.

Colin Kaepernick? From electric QB with superstar potential to a back-up to freaking Blaine Gabbert and has become a societal pariah.

Greg Roman? Fired in Week 2 during his second season in Buffalo as OC.

Vic Fangio? DC on a mediocre Chicago Bears team with an average/mediocre defense.

A lot of losers in there for sure. Harbaugh and Michigan are the clear winners...Along with Alex Smith and the Chiefs. Harbaugh will probably win a national championship for Michigan. And Alex Smith is playing the best football of his career for KC.

PutQuinnIn
09-16-2016, 10:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">493 yards and 37 points <a href="https://t.co/crl45V21S2">pic.twitter.com/crl45V21S2</a></p>&mdash; Jim Rome (@jimrome) <a href="https://twitter.com/jimrome/status/776626113262948352">September 16, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-17-2016, 01:11 AM
Romans offense is overly complicated. It seemed Smith was picking it up fine in year two with him before he got benched and traded but I remember watching playoff games where Kaep was struggling to get snaps off on time and the announcers saying it had to do with the slow play calling going into the huddle.

TimeForWasp
09-17-2016, 08:12 AM
Maybe he thinks his defense is bad because they practice every day against a shitty offence.